Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 23079 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
31. Re: Op Ed Oct 9, 2015, 02:08 Cutter

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 9, 2015, 00:40:
Dirty Butler wrote on Oct 8, 2015, 20:58:
Instead of crying about other people's games, how about Smart go make another crap game like Battlecruiser?

At least Derek has made a few games, not to say Robert's hasn't, but so far Star Citizen is a bunch of tech demos.

But he hasn't, apart from WC and that was in spite of him. Everything else was handed off to other people because he kept fucking up. That's the entire point Smart is making here. It's easy to be a "visionary" it's hard to deliver the actual vision.

“There is no such thing as a weird human being. It’s just that some people require more understanding than others.” - Tom Robbins
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Oct 8, 2015, 19:50 Cutter

No it isn't.

“There is no such thing as a weird human being. It’s just that some people require more understanding than others.” - Tom Robbins

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 8, 2015, 19:49 Cutter

He only gets a year? What a joke. Should have got 5 at least.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Oct 8, 2015, 18:38 Cutter

Tony P: Disco is not dead! Disco is life!

This comment was edited on Oct 8, 2015, 19:45.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
34. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 8, 2015, 18:36 Cutter

Craig is the most authentic Bond yet - as falls in line with Fleming's novels. He's second overall, close behind Connery - who will never be topped. However my understanding has always been James Bond is a nom de guerre issued by MI5 in the same way that Jason Bourne is a nom de guerre. I've always gone under the assumption that as double 0's are killed they're replaced and the replacement simply takes the name and number and carries on.

Remember when M said, “Orphans make the best agents”. Why? Because they don't have strong social networks and are self-reliant and don't have a strong sense of self-identity. Therefore they can more easily be trained, molded and fall into the role of a new double 0.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 8, 2015, 18:27 Cutter

Timmeh wrote on Oct 8, 2015, 17:37:
Gun control law are not the problem.

Violent media of all types kind of are the problem. But regardless it will only affect a handful of people out of a few hundred million in such a way as to lead to such an act as a school shooting.

By violent media I mean all of it. Including News, political Web sites, movies, books, games, music, television, radio talk shows etc.

Its a mix of things that come together that will push a specific person off the edge. And lets not forget all the brain drugs out there either...

But that was because these specific people were F'ed in the head to start with.

20 violent crazy people out of 350 million is not a total shift in civilization like everyone thinks. that logic is just another indication of the influence of the Media.

Read some history sick people have been at stuff like this a long time. the Golden age everyone imagines hasn't existed since the fall of MU.

There's a mass shooting every day in the US now. Most of them don't even make the news anymore. Look at countries with heavy gun control and virtually no gun crime, than the US with virtually no gun control and heavy gun crime. It's not rocket surgery, sport.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Begins
18. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Begins Oct 8, 2015, 18:25 Cutter

Yeah, it's been a while since I've heard Cyndi Lauper's All Through the Night. It's a good tune.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 8, 2015, 14:35 Cutter

My understanding is everyone is favouring the Blue Jays to win it all. I could really care less but from the sounds of it they're the team to beat.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 8, 2015, 14:32 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Oct 8, 2015, 11:50:
Bobby Jindal takes aim at ‘violent media.’

Says the guy whose state leads the nation in shooting deaths, and poses with guns at campaign stops. What a joke. If real gun violence (as opposed to game gun violence) were important to him, he's had years and years as governor to address it. Yet he's done nothing. Pathetic.

Look who he's pandering to. The conservatards of Bumretch, Nebrahoma aren't big on things like intelligence, or thinking. Corn squeezins, shotguns and big titties on the other hand....

News Comments > Voice Actors Authorize Strike
26. Re: Voice Actors Authorize Strike Oct 8, 2015, 14:29 Cutter

Flatline wrote on Oct 8, 2015, 13:27:
PHJF wrote on Oct 8, 2015, 13:06
If they want to be paid more, they can argue for more up front or per session. [/quote:

Er... isn't that what they're doing? Arguing up front for more money?

No, they're asking for royalties and a lot of other unreasonable things. Christ these people have no idea what hard work entails. Like every other fucking "artist" they think they should be able to work once and be paid a fortune forever. Fuck royalties for anyone and everyone. Earn your fuckin money like everyone else.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 8, 2015, 10:59 Cutter

Or maybe they could spray each other with sparkling wine outside the locker room, it's not like they have to clean it up, and that shit is a PITA to clean makes everything sticky, smelly, attracts insects, etc. Championship or not at the end of the day it's still just a game. Do it on the field or in the showers, hell even the hallway.

And speaking of football, I'm giving the Lions another shot this week. Seph, kick your team in the ass already.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 8, 2015, 10:51 Cutter

Maybe where he lives but not where I live. Memory prices are still $10+/- a gig and have been for some time now.

News Comments > Voice Actors Authorize Strike
7. Re: Voice Actors Authorize Strike Oct 8, 2015, 10:49 Cutter

I can see where this makes an actual difference in some major titles like GTA, Ass Creed, etc. but for most it doesn't mean squat. These guys clearly don't understand how unnecessary they actually are. They are going to strike themselves out of work.

News Comments > Bethesda's BattleCry "Concerns"
5. Re: Bethesda's BattleCry Oct 8, 2015, 10:43 Cutter

So if they're having ongoing concerns this late wtf did they announce it to begin with?

News Comments > Evening Previews
5. Re: Evening Previews Oct 8, 2015, 00:31 Cutter

{PH}88fingers wrote on Oct 7, 2015, 21:12:
Can't wait for this game. Planescape Torment was a masterpiece

After W2 I'm glad I didn't back it. We'll see if the Director's Cut has improved it at all, but I don't have a whole lot of faith in inXile delivering something of Torment quality. Yeah, the visuals are on but that's the easy part.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
9. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 8, 2015, 00:26 Cutter

TheLeech wrote on Oct 7, 2015, 21:45:
Bravo to the manager. I'd like to think I could have let the first shove pass, but it would have been on after the second.

As someone who's spent most of his life behind a bar and dealt with more than his fair share of drunken clowns you get used to it. I'm sure he's been dealing with drunken punks like that for a long time as well. You learn a few things over the years, like letting the cops deal with it because that's what they get paid for. I've only had to get physical with people about 3, maybe 4 times in 20+ years? Plus in most restos all the staff have each others backs like what you saw here with the cook jumping in. One time we had to 86 a guy and the whole cook line came off to jump in. Starting a fight with staff in most restos is generally not a good idea.

There are also liability issues as well. Unless they're an immediate physical threat that needs to be removed, wait for the cops. Good people in our industry can and do get sued all the time for this shit, even charged sometimes. And you'll get fired at the drop of a hat to boot because the owner/corp doesn't want the bad press/lawsuit to deal with. There's very little upside to trying to be a good guy in these situations. That's why he was just waiting and talking to him, he was delaying him for the cops.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Oct 7, 2015, 18:47 Cutter

I like the part with the big knockers. So, most of it really. Honk honk!

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 7, 2015, 18:42 Cutter

Gee the Republicants want to gut consumer protections? Shocker!

RIAA/MPAA: the real criminals.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Oct 7, 2015, 18:36 Cutter

Isn't it long past due we pull the plug on the useless UN? It doesn't pander to the SJWs enough so Zoe Quinn and the Hysteria brigade force them to retract it. Fucking typical. Fuck the ESA and fuck their inclusive bullshit pandering.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 7, 2015, 18:31 Cutter

Wow is that kid ever a piece of shit.

Gatti previously left the University of Massachusetts-Amherst after two 2014 arrests—one for disorderly conduct where he reportedly called a police officer “fucking nigger,” and one for assaulting an officer and allegedly injuring his arm. He’s charged with trespassing and breaching the peace in the mac-and-cheese incident

I was going to say I bet his parents are real proud but seeing as kids learn from their parents and this has been an ongoing problem they're likely even bigger assholes.

23079 Comments. 1154 pages. Viewing page 46.
< Newer [ 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo