Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 17741 (Ninja)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ] Older >

News Comments > Arma III Free Weekend
2. Re: Arma III Free Weekend May 16, 2014, 21:40 Cutter

This good so far? My cuz is ex-army and all him and his ex-military buddies are all playing this pretty hardcore and he keeps pestering me to buy it.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Alpha 4 Released; Premium Beta This Month
5. Re: Elite: Dangerous Alpha 4 Released; Premium Beta This Month May 16, 2014, 21:38 Cutter

Pfft to SC. And Dave can suck 150% of my balls at that price.

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials
3. Re: Ubisoft Financials May 16, 2014, 21:37 Cutter

Yeah, the ship stuff is what made it. Still, Kenway's tale was a good one. Ezio's story is still the best, and they sort of went of the rails with AC3 but AC4 was pretty sweet. Regardless they shouldn't be turning this into a yearly COD but spacing it out by a year at least. I'd still love to see them try some other historical venues like Rome and Japan though. Imagine a sort of playable James Clavell's Shogun, that'd rock pretty hard.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue May 16, 2014, 19:43 Cutter

1badmf wrote on May 16, 2014, 19:00:
water isn't a huge problem for the country as a whole; just need the infrastructure to transport it, which i suspect would be cheaper than building dozens of desal plants. we get most of our water adequately from rainfall and runoff and deficits can be made up by transporting excess from areas with high amounts, like the north and NE this winter.

desalination will always be expensive. it's not like it's a new technology that needs to mature. economies of scale will only help a little bit, but if we relied on that california food prices would still be sky high. also climate scientists predict a strong el nino event this winter which means abnormally high rainfall for the SW.

For the southern US fresh water is a massive problem right now and only getting worse. What's more important? Oil companies like Exxon getting 5 billion a year in tax subsidies when they're making 40+ billion a year in profits? Or fresh water and food? The MIC getting close to a trillion dollars a year in tax dollars? Or fresh water and food? Etc. etc. etc. Call me crazy but I'm all for fresh water and affordable food.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse May 16, 2014, 18:04 Cutter

It's over, Johnny. It's over!

3. Re: Out of the Blue May 16, 2014, 11:31 Cutter

Hernandez - you take the trash out of the ghetto...

Thanks California! Fix it! Damn food prices are going to go through the roof this summer now.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation May 16, 2014, 11:04 Cutter

The only thing good about GoW was that one commercial with that Mazzy Star song.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
9. Re: Evening Mobilization May 15, 2014, 23:08 Cutter

So he went too far in defending his home that was repeatedly broken into by the same two criminals? The same two criminals that were robbing other people as well? Well then we have very different ideas of what going too far means. Don't want to get shot? Howzabout not being a criminal in that case? Jail would just make them better criminals. And seeing as we don't cut hands off then there isn't really other option to stop them is there? Keep them in prison for life at the cost of $120,000 per year each of taxpayer money? For the price of a few bullets he saved the taxpayers millions. A bargain if you ask me.

News Comments > Wolfenstein Launch Trailer
13. Re: Wolfenstein Launch Trailer May 15, 2014, 21:23 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on May 15, 2014, 21:00:
Well, then it would be DIFFERENT. Can't have that. Also, you'd like to play as the oligarchy stamping out the last remnants of freedom? No underdogs for you?

Personally, I like playing as the good guys.

Good guys? Who are they? Freedom? What's that? You're talking about illusions. About perspective and degrees. Nothing more. Fact is the Nazis has a lot of good ideas and policies. Sure they had their batshit crazy stuff too but who doesn't?

6. Re: Evening Mobilization May 15, 2014, 21:02 Cutter

Beamer wrote on May 15, 2014, 20:43:
And, as someone pointed out to you in the other thread, hiding in your basement waiting for someone to rob you then executing them will never, ever be legal.

Oh is there a law to how long you can spend in your basement now? That old man had been the victim of those punks several times. They got what was coming to them. If not from him it would have been someone else. Thieves are scum enough, but repeatedly robbing a senior citizen? He did the right thing regardless of what the law says. They used to hang people for stealing a horse so why should this be any different?

Court documents that were not allowed as evidence showed Brady had broken into Smith's house and garage before. Brady and Kifer were also linked to another burglary the day before they were killed; stolen prescription drugs were found in the car they were driving.

Judge Douglas Anderson excluded evidence about the teens' histories from the trial as irrelevant

That's insane! If that isn't liberal activist bullshit I don't know what is. That old man has been railroaded. Not only should he get off on appeal but they should fire the judge as well. Or maybe you think they were just poor, misunderstood kids you could fix if you just hug it out and sing Kumbaya together? If it was your mom or dad's place they'd been breaking into and robbing repeatedly you'd be singing a very different tune.

News Comments > The Division Delayed
11. Re: The Division Delayed May 15, 2014, 20:52 Cutter

The Half Elf wrote on May 15, 2014, 20:27:
Did they have a release date when they showed this game at E3?

So how exactly is it delayed if they never had a date to begin with?

And when the fuck did you all become so jaded that when they delay a game to make it BETTER that they are somehow fucking you over?

Because most other games I couldn't give a flying fuck about? I think Krusty the Clown can explain it best....The Mt. Splashmore Song

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 15, 2014, 20:49 Cutter

RIP Teh Internetz, it was nice while it lasted. Maybe Europe will save the day.

News Comments > Into the Black
11. Re: Into the Black May 15, 2014, 20:47 Cutter

Josh Hartnet would actually be good for the role of a new Deckard. But please, no BR2...just no.

4. Re: Evening Mobilization May 15, 2014, 20:38 Cutter

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 15, 2014, 20:16:
Minnesota becomes first state to mandate anti-theft tech in cell phones.

Minnesota Lawmaker must have had their phone stolen....cause we have a LOT bigger issues here.....

Yeah, like convicting homeowners of murder for defending their property by killing criminal scum. Let us know if that old man gets off on appeal. He bloody well better!

And Beamer, last year 3.1 million cells were stolen in the US. Not exactly peanuts is it? That's what? 6 billion in revenue for them plus or minus. There's zero reason why the cops shouldn't be able to track down a stolen cell phone.

News Comments > Wolfenstein Launch Trailer
6. Re: Wolfenstein Launch Trailer May 15, 2014, 20:30 Cutter

The soundtrack really is shaping up to be the best since Outlaws. Love the robot dogs. I really wish they'd have let you play a Nazi instead though. I'd much rather hunt down the resistance.  

News Comments > The Division Delayed
8. Re: The Division Delayed May 15, 2014, 20:24 Cutter

Balls! Balls to this! Throw more money and people at it. I want it now! Fuckers will rue the day!

36. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2014, 18:05 Cutter

Beamer wrote on May 15, 2014, 16:34:
And a terrible return on investment, unless you transfer to a "real" university. Kids graduating from top 100 schools are finding themselves working in Starbucks, kids graduating from Community College are almost guaranteed to end up there, regardless of GPA.

If you have the natural intelligence, skill, and drive it doesn't matter where you graduate from. Yes, it'll be easier initially for some rich kid walking in from an Ivy League school, but sooner or later the cream rises to the top.

30. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2014, 15:43 Cutter

Creston wrote on May 15, 2014, 15:12:
Look, if people want to drive electric cars, go right ahead. But don't come with the whole "It's so good for the environment" angle, because it's just not true.

Nothing manufactured in a factory will ever be "good" for the environment. However it's entirely fair to say they're much better for the environment. At least after they're made they don't spew toxic emissions and they don't require petroleum - which are the real problems of the combustion engine. He has a point with how technology has moved forward on all fronts except this.

Fucking automakers and dealers trying to ban them on top of it? What kind of happy horseshit is that? If anything the gubment should be giving Tesla huge subsidies and placing massive tariffs on the other automakers to force them into doing the same. At the very least making sure every combustion automobile is at least a diesel for Christ's sake.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Announced
14. Re: Far Cry 4 Announced May 15, 2014, 15:33 Cutter

Creston wrote on May 15, 2014, 14:38:
jacobvandy wrote on May 15, 2014, 14:12:
Ugh, already sick of this 5-platform support crap. New generation of consoles comes out, and we're still being held back by 10-year-old hardware. What's the deal?

150+ million potential customers. sadly.

End support for the old consoles and force everyone to adopt.

8. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2014, 10:45 Cutter

TangledThorns wrote on May 15, 2014, 09:24:
Fast food workers on strike is the reason why staying in school and getting an education for a good paying career is important.

Not even remotely true. Most of the worlds richest people are dropouts. Most of the successful people I know are dropouts. Plenty of blue collar occupations that pay well that don't need much education. Unless you're going to be a professional - engineer, doctor, etc. school, particularly post-secondary, is entirely unnecessary. Those are degrees for the worlds bean counters and middle-men who lack the vision and desire to be entrepreneurs.

People making a career out of fast-food are there for a reason. And it ain't because they lack options to better themselves and move on to bigger and better things. I empathize with them, and I'm a firm believer in a government mandated living wage, but most people aren't suited for anything more than fast food, working at Walmart, etc.

17741 Comments. 888 pages. Viewing page 46.
< Newer [ 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo