Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 20428 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Jan 26, 2015, 21:43 Cutter

This is why things like gene therapy and stem cell research are of paramount importance. We're virtually all genetically damaged in one way or another to greater and lesser degrees and that's the sort of science we need, not more drugs. If the religious kooks don't want any part of it, fine, but there's no reason the rest of us should suffer for their idiotic beliefs.

“That's it. You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!”
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ubisoft Deactivating Far Cry 4 Keys; Cites Fraud
41. Re: Ubisoft Deactivating Far Cry 4 Keys; Cites Fraud Jan 26, 2015, 19:15 Cutter

Julio wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 18:29:
Clearly unfair pricing by having some regions pay less than others is the culprit. Equal pricing in all regions would make this a non-issue.

Indeed. There's already a 20% disparity between the US and that's only going to keep increasing this year. By year end we may be looking at 30%, so where's our regional pricing? How the fuck can they blame us for looking for a better deal elsewhere?

“That's it. You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!”

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 26, 2015, 19:06 Cutter

So it doesn't sound like there's going to be a decent PC GUI. Sigh. No sale.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Tavern Songs & Sheet Music for Free
3. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Tavern Songs & Sheet Music for Free Jan 26, 2015, 19:03 Cutter

Julio wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 18:25:
They'll sell anything if there's a way to make money from it, then again it's Bioware so that's not a huge surprise. Wonder if we'll see the "in-game music is only available as DLC" in the future...

If it meant a discount on the game I wouldn't have a problem with that as I ignore or turn off 99% of game music anyway.

News Comments > The Witcher III Video; Previews
5. Re: The Witcher III Video; Previews Jan 26, 2015, 19:01 Cutter

Enh. As someone who didn't care for - much less finish - the first two games I'll be waiting for a deep discount on this before I even consider it. The size of the gameworld - and the world itself - look impressive. The fact that it was developed as a console game first has me a lot less impressed. Look forward to people's impressions around here. Especially if anyone who didn't like the first two either and are going to take the plunge.

News Comments > Frontier Announces Coaster Park Tycoon & Layoffs
5. Re: Frontier Announces Coaster Park Tycoon & Layoffs Jan 26, 2015, 18:53 Cutter

So an ODRM Theme Park no doubt. No thanks. And really? They're alredy cutting staff when they should be increasing. That is they would be if ED was seeing sales, which it's not given it's price and ODRM model. Way to drop the ball, Braben.

News Comments > DOOM Mythbusters
22. Re: DOOM Mythbusters Jan 26, 2015, 17:05 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 16:46:
Cutter wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 13:31:
This show was interesting for a season or two but it jumped the shark long ago. This is just silly now. Then again, Discovery is turning into a steaming pile of crap like A&E did.

Discovery turned into a pile of crap a decade ago.

Discovery Canada is different - or at leas it was up until a year or two ago.

21. Re: DOOM Mythbusters Jan 26, 2015, 17:05 Cutter

djinn wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 15:59:
Cutter wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 13:31:
Then again, Discovery is turning into a steaming pile of crap like A&E did.

Like National Geographic. MTV clones of the former MTV channel that ended up not playing music.

On the other hand I assume this is pre-marketing for some forthcoming info on the next Doom.

That's an excellent guess actually. You're absolutely correct. I would not be the least bit surprised to see this scheisse as nothing more than glorified paid advertisements that will be tied in with the games and what not.

News Comments > Ubisoft Deactivating Far Cry 4 Keys; Cites Fraud
33. Re: Ubisoft Deactivating Far Cry 4 Keys; Cites Fraud Jan 26, 2015, 16:58 Cutter

I've bought several games from people on G2A and only got one bad key which G2A promptly refunded because I used their service guarantee. So I have nothing but good things to say about them so far.

And how on earth were these keys obtained fraudulently? Was it some Mission Impossible team that broke into the servers, stole a bunch of pre-generated keys, then sold them on the black market? Or it more likely that they were completely legitimate regional keys that were purchased cheap and resold for a tiny profit? I'm guessing it's the latter. Ubisoft could do the sensible thing and bring down the prices on their games a lot faster to avoid this in the first place, but that would make sense. No, instead they'd rather just try and gouge first world gamers. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 26, 2015, 14:34 Cutter

Frags4Fun wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 11:21:
That archer is insane!

The guy is impressive I'll grant you, but as someone pointed out, let's see him try even a 1/4 of that stuff kitted out in 50 lbs of armor and another 25 lbs of gear. Plus he's using a tiny recurve bow. Again try any of that stuff with a proper recurve bow or a longbow and it's just not happening. Longbows were almost as tall as the men using them and they planted their arrows in the ground beside them. They also used longswords and daggers for close in fighting. And try holding multiple arrows at once on horseback as it bounces around on an uneven field at a cantor. Just not happening. So yeah he's mastered some neat tricks but doing in the heat of battle in the chaos and armor, etc. probably wouldn't get you too far.

And that study on psychadelics is bunk. Providing someone a few hours escape is not the same thing as fixing their lives - which drives them to escape in the first place. So long as there is poverty there will always be rampant alcohol/drug use and violence.

That egg thing is neato keen.

MC Hawking - Entropy

60K for a plastic prop? Sigh.

And another useless military toy. How many billion did this program cost? And what was the White House saying yesterday saying they can't afford to compete with the private sector in hiring good technology people? Well why not slash a few billion out of the massively over-bloated military budget in that case and get some actual, real value for your money?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 26, 2015, 14:12 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 12:32:
Here's the short list to watch on Netflix if you haven't seen them yet:
- Apocalypse Now (haven't seed Redux, so don't know if it's superior. It's much longer though)
- Zodiac
- Dredd
- Fawlty Towers (if you're a John Cleese fan)

No, Redux isn't better. It drags on a lot. The whole bit at the French plantation was just extraneous. Who cares why France, then America got into the war? The story is about one man's journey into the heart of darkness. IMO that was just Francis milking it.

Zodiac? The one with Glyenhal? Yeah that was pretty good. I actually prefer Spike's Summer of Sam for flicks about psychopaths.

Dredd rocks. I own it on Bluray. Hell I even like Sly's version - in spite of Armand Assante trying to ruin it. We need more Dredd/Judge films and TV stuff. Hell, we should be working as a society to replacing police with Judges.

FT? Yeah, not so much. I like Cleese in small doses as far as the Python alumnus goes. Try giving The Brittas Empire - with Chris Barrie of Red Dwarf fame - a go instead.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 26, 2015, 14:03 Cutter

I'm only interested in Cortana if I can address is as Computer and it addresses me as Captain. That or it has to be Hal with his voice and he must address me as Dr. Chandra.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 26, 2015, 13:47 Cutter

Yeah, I'll believe when I see it. I'm not holding my breath.

News Comments > Gearbox Recruiting for "Next Borderlands"
14. Re: Gearbox Recruiting for Jan 26, 2015, 13:37 Cutter

Yeah, I don't get the appeal. Hated the first game and the second was only marginally better. I find it very boring. It's just one long grind. And the cel-shading still sucks.

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Collection Next Month
25. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collection Next Month Jan 26, 2015, 13:35 Cutter

$40? Um no. Wake me when it gets to $10 or less.

3. Re: DOOM Mythbusters Jan 26, 2015, 13:31 Cutter

This show was interesting for a season or two but it jumped the shark long ago. This is just silly now. Then again, Discovery is turning into a steaming pile of crap like A&E did.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Guild Wars 2 Jan 25, 2015, 22:04 Cutter

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 25, 2015, 21:43:
Sooooo....I grabbed Guild Wars 2 for dirt cheap, and played for a few hours. Is it just me or are the controls super sluggish and awkward? Maybe I am not seeing where/what I need to change, but there isn't a point and click to go to location? It is clumsy and cumbersome to attack a target.....what am I doing wrong?

Not that I recall, but it's been a couple of years since I played. It's worth taking a char through to max level at least once though. The world/zones are pretty impressive IMO.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
29. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 25, 2015, 22:02 Cutter

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 25, 2015, 21:49:
Wallshadows wrote on Jan 25, 2015, 20:55:
I just ate blue cheese.

I will never eat blue cheese again.

Can't be just the cheese. Muy wife makes stuffed pork chops with apples, blue cheese, asparagus and a couple other things. That is the only way I can eat blue cheese.

My mah and brah love the stuff, I can't stand it. I just don't get how mold can be an appealing taste.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
3. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jan 25, 2015, 18:12 Cutter

Julio wrote on Jan 25, 2015, 17:07:
If they want to look for public sector perks that substantially outweigh those available in the private sector they should check out Canada.

Yeah, but I'd argue it's the private sector that needs to be doing better...a lot better...by their employees. A living wage in Canada is now $20 an hour and we're still stuck at $10 for minimum wage. Yeah there's no doubt that a lot of government work that needs to come into line with reality. LCBO employees making $25+ bucks and hour plus full benefits for stocking shelves and sweeping floors is ridiculous. Or school trustees making almost 300k a year. There ya go, the politicians need a freeze on everything for the next 20 years.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
9. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jan 25, 2015, 18:05 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jan 25, 2015, 15:22:
No need for speed: Cable industry opposes 25Mbps broadband definition.

"Why are you making us invest in infrastructure when our current monopoly/collusion system is making us 90% returns?" Bigcry

That's the sort of myopic thinking of the greedy elites that's going to destroy America and themselves. What happens as the middle-class is eliminated and shoved into the poor category and no one can afford their overpriced products and services anymore?

20428 Comments. 1022 pages. Viewing page 44.
< Newer [ 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo