Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 18904 (Ninja)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Previews
1. Re: Sunday Previews Aug 31, 2014, 18:52 Cutter

I played the beta for 2? 3 hours before I uninstalled it. Wow, just awful.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed Aug 31, 2014, 18:51 Cutter

Pigs like Wardy-boy are very much definitely part of the problem.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

News Comments > Activision Taking Take-Two?
18. Re: Activision Taking Take-Two? Aug 31, 2014, 18:50 Cutter

This sounds like pure rumour to me. Take-Two is already bagging an easy billion a year with Rockstar alone, so selling out for that just ain't gonna' happen. They wouldn't sell for less than 10B and even Nodick doesn't have access to that sort of green.

News Comments > Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Announced
10. Re: Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Announced Aug 31, 2014, 18:48 Cutter

Problem is I *still* remember these games backwards and forwards. And while they were great I have no desire to go back to them. Why don't they pony up some more dough and make some new CPRGs ala PE, W2, DoS, Shadowrun, et al? I'd be far more interested in that then these old games being updated a bit.

Either that or update some friggin games that would really benefit from it, like Outlaws in the UE4 engine or something.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 30, 2014, 14:42 Cutter

I'm making chicken tortillas. Found a local Mexican food store - which in Canada is more rare than Leprechauns and Unicorns combined! - so I got some blue corn tortillas! Gonna make up some fresh pico de gallo and away we go!

Tomorrow will be prime rib avec a roasted leek, carrot, honey and thyme dish I found that sounds interesting.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Aug 30, 2014, 14:39 Cutter

Dont forget the resource wars. Double the global population with no hope for the future, limited resources and abundant poverty and it's a recipe for disaster. Come in the next 4 decades to a country near you!

News Comments > Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining
4. Re: Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining Aug 30, 2014, 14:30 Cutter

Julio wrote on Aug 30, 2014, 14:29:
Maybe I'll go back to the hamster wheel of Diablo 3 someday, but it's just not that interesting of a game to keep my attention. Got my money's worth already.

My sentiments exactly. I might pick up the expansion one day if it gets down to 5 bucks, otherwise meh.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
1. Re: Saturday Consolidation Aug 30, 2014, 14:28 Cutter

MORTAL WOMBAT!

News Comments > Saturday Previews
2. Re: Saturday Previews Aug 30, 2014, 14:28 Cutter

That ship weathering sure is neato keen. Love the colour and design pattern on that ship. I have yet to see one thing about SC that's impressive, but ED keeps impressing the hell out of me.

News Comments > Dead State Beta
1. Re: Dead State Beta Aug 30, 2014, 14:23 Cutter

Anyone keeping up with this? Has it improved considerably? Premise is great but lots of negative comments about it on Steam so far.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 30, 2014, 10:19 Cutter

That's because the GOP and their elite pals have always been about 'do as I say and not as I do'. It's all just window dressing for the public. That's why the old expression exists, 'There are only two kinds of conservatives, the rich and the stupid. And most of them aren't rich.'

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer
9. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer Aug 30, 2014, 10:17 Cutter

Yeah, writing good evil is hard. The characters are usually just bad cliches - like the Emperor in Star Wars. Entreri and Jarlaxle are pretty well written - though the latter is definitely more chaotic than evil. Jean Rabe's Zsass Tam was always done well. It'd be refreshing to see more games use the point of view of the bad guy but I suspect most would be pretty bad.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Aug 29, 2014, 20:20 Cutter

Well at least they have a sense of humour about blocking it outside the US....

"Sorry but this video is unavailable in your location, probably due to your overly polite attittudes."

7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 29, 2014, 12:31 Cutter

Stormsinger wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 11:20:
I'm interested in this anti-Alzheimer's cocktail of THC and caffeine, I think I could get behind this treatment.

And I'm starting to see more and more signs of lapses in memory that are scaring me (there's a history of Alzheimer's in my family). Maybe it's just paranoia since a malfunctioning brain is my worst nightmare, but still...

Well they always say the knees are the second thing to go. I can't recall what the first one is though....

It's probably normal aging. Jesus, so many symptoms for so many conditions and diseases are the same you'd go nuts if you gave into your hypochondria because you'd think you'd have them all. They're generally so vague as to not be any real help until it actually occurs...or doesn't as the case usually is. Stressing about it won't change anything.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 29, 2014, 10:53 Cutter

Leading Anti-Marijuana Academics Are Paid by Painkiller Drug Companies.

Gee, really? Just like the anti global-warming mouthpieces are paid by the major polluters? What a shocker!

And Crows before Hos = lulz!

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Op Ed Aug 29, 2014, 10:48 Cutter

Fuck him. Fuck her. Fuck the horses they rode in on.
Rolleyes

News Comments > Steam AU Refund Legal Dispute
2. Re: Steam AU Refund Legal Dispute Aug 29, 2014, 10:30 Cutter

Laying and maintaining all that cable to Oz ain't cheap I spose.

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Aug 29, 2014, 09:12 Cutter

InBlack wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 02:57:
Now you are just trolling for trolling sake Cutter. You should get the drift he is trying to make, its not the film sequences that are the problem, its the retarded and simplified game design. Its about interaction and fun, and 5hour long games on rails with Michael Bay thrown in for good measure is not fun. You of all people should know that.

Fuck you I'm trolling. It's an asinine article and you're just as dumb if you don't get it. Entertainment is WHATEVER ENTERTAINS PEOPLE. Just because you or I may not like CoD there's a billion fucking people who do. No, a TV miniseries is not what makes TV best and film being the opposite is similarly not true. And not every game has to be a new and meaningful experience. Sometimes you just want to blow some shit up for its own sake. Uncork the bottle and let off some steam as it were. This is just effete snobbery wrapped in quasi-intellectualism, and it's wrong on every level. This shit exists and sells for many reasons. Just because you or I don't agree with them doesn't make them any less real or valid.

News Comments > etc.
11. Re: etc. Aug 28, 2014, 21:21 Cutter

I'd say a bunch of guys storming in in body armour and assault weapons is pretty extreme. He was threatened, and the one cop did grab his phone and started going through it. There has to be some credibility to exigent law. Call me crazy but receiving an anonymous tip doesn't qualify. Especially when it's at a private residence and not in the middle of the downtown core somewhere. What's to stop cops from doing this themselves so they don't have to bother getting warrants anymore?

Map of Botched SWAT Raids - fucking scary.

9 Horrifying Botched Police Raids

So yeah, this shit needs to be curtailed. Seriously. Without establishing a credible threat this has to stop.

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Aug 28, 2014, 21:06 Cutter

Every medium is at it best when it’s doing something no other medium can do. TV shows are at their best when they tell a massive story over dozens of hours and really flesh out their characters and their world. Films are at their best when they can compact a story down to its essentials.

Could he possibly be more wrong? And oh yeah, players just hate Blizzard's CGI flicks. Clearly this guy has never played Half-Life or Fallout or anything like it. Gamers want to be entertained, and if that includes a story/film/music then so be it. The intro/outros for the Fallout games really set the mood. Even games like CoD are really set up by the expository film sequences. Max Payne? Etc. Etc. Etc.

"ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?"

18904 Comments. 946 pages. Viewing page 44.
< Newer [ 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo