Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 17956 (Ninja)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jun 5, 2014, 21:44 Cutter

Premise is great. $10 for a phone game - and $30 for that same phone game on the PC is laughable at best. Not going to happen.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Trailer
4. Re: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Trailer Jun 5, 2014, 21:30 Cutter

Whilst pretty, did anyone else get that vibe that it's a modern day Skyrim? Their website is terrible, doesn't tell me sweet FA about the game itself, but everything else about it - how it's made, who they are, blah blah blah. It's a murder mystery is all I can seem to glean from it. A murder mystery set in modern day Skyrim maybe?

Edit: Wow, what a disconnect. The character models look horrible. Like a last gen console game.

News Comments > Xbox One Controller Windows Drivers
17. Re: Xbox One Controller Windows Drivers Jun 5, 2014, 21:18 Cutter

I use my old tree siddy controller with a generic wireless adapter I got from Hong Kong and it works fine. In fact I just finished Lego Marvel with it last night. If someone wants to send me an Xbone controller I'll let you know if it works with the adapter.

News Comments > Shards Online Preview Weekend Underway
1. Re: Shards Online Preview Weekend Underway Jun 5, 2014, 21:14 Cutter

Well, judging from the videos it's no wonder their KS has failed hard.

News Comments > GOG.com Announces Optional Client
6. Re: GOG.com Announces Optional Client Jun 5, 2014, 17:04 Cutter

Yes, this is just what gamers need, yet another client.

News Comments > Witcher Adventure Game Revealed; Witcher 3 in February 2015
1. Re: Witcher Adventure Game Revealed; Beta Access with Witcher 3 Preorders Jun 5, 2014, 17:04 Cutter

"An instantly-available copy of Neverwinter Nights™, the award-winning Dungeons & Dragons (www.dungeonsanddragons.com) game, an inspiration for generations of developers"...to avoid.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 5, 2014, 16:16 Cutter

It's beyond a joke. Some of these stories about the NCAA execs over the years. Worse than the IOC when it comes to graft and kickbacks. Their daily regimen is doing huge mounds of blow off call girl's asses. And then some kid gets his ass handed to him for accepting a car or some clothes?

The NCAA did almost a billion dollars in revenue last year and ended up with a surplus of 61 million dollars. Coaches at the big schools are all pulling down 5 million a year each. I don't understand how these kids don't have any rights to any of this vast fortune being made when they're the ones generating it.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Trading Video
25. Re: Elite Dangerous Trading Video Jun 5, 2014, 16:04 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 15:16:
Looks pretty awesome. Wonder if there will be some way to know what the price is at various stations before you go there.

I'm still annoyed that the automated turrets will target you if you don't exit or land within a set timeframe. Seems unrealistic to me.

Time is money. If you're wasting space and time in the hamger that's money they're not making. I was the exact same in all my years serving/bartending. Soon as I thought you were done I was trying my utmost to get you out of my section so I could flip the table and make more money. I never suggested apps, and I did my best to dissuade anyone from ever having coffee and/or dessert, 'Yeah, our coffee is pretty terrible and the dessert isn't any great shakes either. Lucky for you there's a cafe down the street that does amazing coffee and dessert!' People hanging out for another hour sipping coffee and sharing a piece of cake doesn't make me money. Getting new asses in the seats with some mains, a few bottles of wine does. If it was my space station I'd run it the same way. Get in, do your bidness then GTFO ASAP!

News Comments > Watch Dogs Conspiracy! DLC Released
8. Re: Watch Dogs Conspiracy! DLC Released Jun 5, 2014, 14:16 Cutter

Great line from that new Jeremy Renner film, Kill the Messenger - based on the true story of Gary Webb, who broke the story on the CIA bringing coke into America to fund the Contras. His boss asks, 'Do you believe in conspiracy theories, Gary?' He replies, 'No, I don't believe in conspiracy theories. Conspiracies, yes. If I believe it, there's nothing theory about it.'

Give the trailer a watch, looks like it's going to be a great flick!

17. Re: Elite Dangerous Trading Video Jun 5, 2014, 12:41 Cutter

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 12:17:
There will be different stations
An early sneak peak look of the Orbis station
The GUI is going through some changes. This is the first iteration of the trading interface.

Good to hear. Thanks Meat. However I do notice that station still has that stupid rectangular opening.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 5, 2014, 12:39 Cutter

Reset the net? To what end? Net Neutrality is over as we know it anyway. Are people still under the illusion America is a democracy? The fascists won long ago.

And re: that Star Wars news. Best comment ever....

Disney is going to drive Star Wars into the ground so hard that Luke Skywalker's children will be born at the Earth's core.

Lol!

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Jun 5, 2014, 12:33 Cutter

Yeah, I like SoD but that expansion doesn't sound all that great.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 5, 2014, 12:29 Cutter

Yeah, sure that's what they "wanted".

And fuck the NCAA. Those assholes make out like bandits on the backs of all those kids. They should be reversing that. There's zero reason those kids shouldn't be getting paid given the fortune they bring in.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 5, 2014, 12:25 Cutter

Welcome to the fascist reality of crony-capitalism and the myth of the free market.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jun 5, 2014, 12:19 Cutter

I love the hypocrisy of these companies.

News Comments > Why World of Darkness Went Dark
9. Re: Why World of Darkness Went Dark Jun 5, 2014, 12:16 Cutter

Prez wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 11:57:
You would have thought that the company that has been running Eve for over a decade would know how to make an MMO. Sounds like they were lacking in a competent project lead.

Not at all when you consider all the stories about them over the years. And what's Eve? A niche product at best. IMO the management at CCP are the sort of yoyos that prove its better to be lucky than good - and this only confirms it. The blame must also lay with White Wolf management for allowing the merger to begin with. Many said it was a bad idea at the time and that turns out to be the correct assessment.

15. Re: Elite Dangerous Trading Video Jun 5, 2014, 12:04 Cutter

I hope because it's still early on that the market GUI will be getting a major overhaul because that looks fairly useless as is. Didn't look you could sort anything by demand, nevermind compare products across multiple systems/planets.

And I also hope that rectangle isn't the only docking bay in the entire galaxy - and that the stations should vary widely, and not just differently coloured lights. That would get boring real fast.

It's easy to get excited, but start looking at the nitty-gritty. Do these sorts of things exist or will they exist? It's all those little things that add up that make the difference.

News Comments > Painkiller Hell & Damnation Demo
3. Re: Painkiller Hell & Damnation Demo Jun 5, 2014, 11:51 Cutter

Uh no. Half-Life = greatest FPS evar.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
9. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 5, 2014, 01:57 Cutter

As my old boss in corporate was fond of saying, "To get along you go along." And it's my understanding that's very much the way of MS culture. The nail that sticks out gets hammered down. There must have been some objections - which were quickly silenced. And once the serfs saw which way the prevailing wind was blowing they all just went along.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 4, 2014, 23:58 Cutter

Oh a sarcasm detector. That's a really useful invention.

17956 Comments. 898 pages. Viewing page 44.
< Newer [ 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo