Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 16470 (Ninja)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ] Older >

News Comments > Arkham Origins Patch After DLC (If Ever)
22. Re: Arkham Origins Patch After DLC (If Ever) Feb 10, 2014, 12:10 Cutter

I finished the game no problem. Only ran into one showstopper which was fixed with a reload. So I really don't understand the hubbub. Still, I agree this sort of attitude is unacceptable.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
16. Re: Morning Screenshots Feb 10, 2014, 12:07 Cutter

It's a console game. And it not only doesn't move forward but takes steps backwards on several fronts. $60 plus a monthly sub for this is laughable at best. F2P within 6 months, definitely inside a year. Bethsoft wasted a ton of money on this.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
20. Re: obvious Feb 10, 2014, 12:04 Cutter

Beamer wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 10:30:
Tim Collins wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 10:00:
The Flappy game thing is obviously marketing of SOME KIND.

Nowonder why EA is the most hated company.

if one man in Vietnam freaking out over global scrutiny is marketing, so be it. I shouldn't be surprised by naive cynicism.

Right, because no one ever engages in drama for marketing purposes.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
15. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 10, 2014, 12:02 Cutter

I agree with Armstrong in principle, but for different reasons.

A) As the article stated this guy takes home 12 million plus whatever his stock option are worth so fuck him on that alone.

B) No they shouldn't be cutting benefits for everyone. There do, however, need to be limits for everyone however so they don't bleed everyone else dry. The needs of the many outweigh those of the few sort of thing. Life at any cost? I don't think so. That goes against the natural order of things.

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Feb 10, 2014, 11:46 Cutter

The 2nd was decent, but not of the quality of the first I agree and it's insanely short. Just as I was settling in and getting into it it's over. Not impressed, Telltale.

News Comments > Bridge It (plus) Demo
6. Re: Bridge It (plus) Demo Feb 10, 2014, 11:43 Cutter

Just saw ETS2 is on for $6.25 at Bundle Stars, totally worth it.

News Comments > Car Mechanic Simulator 2014 Demo; Free DLC Plans
7. Re: Car Mechanic Simulator 2014 Demo; Free DLC Plans Feb 10, 2014, 11:38 Cutter

They should have made a game based on Charles Bronson's The Mechanic. Guaranteed to have sold much better.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 9, 2014, 16:28 Cutter

Never been a fan of lamb. If someone is serving it I'll eat it, but it's something I would never buy or order for myself.

And yeah, some of those shots are remarkable. I'd love to own and live in a castle in Germany.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
2. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Feb 9, 2014, 16:22 Cutter

I love my tap'n'go card. I even hate now when I have to insert and do PIN.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
4. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Feb 9, 2014, 16:20 Cutter

You don't make or run all them thar machines without black gold. Earl will always be kang.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 9, 2014, 16:16 Cutter

Panickd wrote on Feb 9, 2014, 12:15:
That's not what DayZ is about though. The game has some major flaws but forcing a coop playstyle would rob the game of all of it's tension and that's thin as it is. Wasteland was all about the coop and racing to get to the randomly dropped resources before the other groups. DayZ was (and is) all about collecting everything you need to keep yourself alive only to randomly stumble across some asshat who shoots you on sight and takes all your stuff so you have to start all over again. If you don't enjoy that you probably shouldn't be playing DayZ.

If the only way tension is achieved is through griefing than it's poorly designed game to begin with. Pass.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2014, 19:07 Cutter

Agent.X7 wrote on Feb 8, 2014, 17:06:
Don't you live in fucking Canada? How would anything Lincoln did or did not do effect your utopia/lack thereof?

Yeah, you're right. Because America has zero influence on us or the rest of the planet. Wow, spoken like an American who has never been outside of America. Or quite possibly his own town and/or state.

Rolleyes

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
29. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 8, 2014, 19:04 Cutter

Prez wrote on Feb 8, 2014, 14:28:
The guy sitting in front of you texting that you have to end up shooting dead with a gun and spending the rest of your life behind bars.

Not to hijack the thread but I saw the surveillance video where the man got shot (who knew they film you while you're watching a movie?) and I kind of saw the old dude's side a little more. The other guy (much younger and bigger than the shooter) acted pretty beligerently with the popcorn grab and throwing what looks like his cell phone. My point is not to say that he deserved to get shot for it (because a death sentence is kind of a harsh penatly for that) but it ought to be a lesson to people that acting like an obnoxious gorilla is often dangerous to your health and should be avoided. Regardless, people are assholes which brings us back around to Slim's and Horror's point that going to the theater is usually not worth the hassle and frustration.

I'm a big enough guy that I can call people on their behavior and they'll think twice about it before getting lippy with me, but it shouldn't have to come to that to begin with. I'm a *very* conscientious and polite person in public - a holdover from all my years of hospitality. I hold doors open for people, say please and thank you all the time, give my seat up for women - even men if they have kids with them because I know it's a lot of work for them - on transit in cafes, etc. All because I firmly believe a polite society is a good one, and inherently safer. I know if I lived in the US - particularly some of the more gun toting areas - I probably wouldn't call people out on things I would here because you never know who's going to whip out a gun and go off.

Still, even in that case I don't understand why he couldn't just shoot the guy in the leg or something and leave him with a limp. There's no reason to fire center mass if your life isn't in immediate peril. Regardless, it's as you say. It's just too much stress and effort these days to expect most people to be well behaved in public environments. It simply isn't worth it when you can stay home and have a much, much better experience for a lot less money.

As someone with 20+ years in restaurants and just being in public most of the time it never ceases to amaze me how many people are so badly behaved. Yes, most people are still pretty decent and polite, but some people just think the world revolves around them and fuck everyone else. And it only seems to be getting worse. Every day in the supermarkets and malls people just seem to be oblivious to everyone around them. They leave their carts in the middle of the aisle so you can't get by without saying 'Excuse me.' Or their brats are running hog wild. And then they wonder why society is getting worse.

When I used to get out of line in public as a kid, *bam* quick smack in the back of the head from the old man. Very quickly I learned not to get out of line and consider the people around me. But you can't hit kids anymore, right? No, most you can do is drug them because they all have ADHD!

South Park has it right.

News Comments > Child of Light in April
6. Re: Child of Light in April Feb 8, 2014, 18:41 Cutter

Wolfox wrote on Feb 8, 2014, 14:02:
Brumbek wrote on Feb 8, 2014, 13:15:
Never trust Ubisoft. Ever.

Why?

Indeed. If anything Ubisoft has shown itself as one of the few major publishers that can admit it's wrong about stuff and actually change. Credit where credit is due.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Slowed by Cash
27. Re: Pillars of Eternity Slowed by Cash Feb 8, 2014, 18:40 Cutter

Creston wrote on Feb 8, 2014, 15:00:
Cutter wrote on Feb 8, 2014, 12:27:
My bone of contention is these KS' should be coming out with their original plan on schedule and the stretch goals as DLC/expansion stuff later on like Shadowrun is doing with the Berlin campaign. Most of these games all have editors and claim to be iterative enough to warrant several playthroughs so there's no reason not to do it that way.

There's some merit to that, but how would that work in a game like this? They just design a small little world with a story set in it, then add non-related areas later?

I'd much rather they integrate everything at the start.

Well, they obviously had an original plan for a complete game if they didn't get funding for stretch goals, right? Nothing changes on that front. If you look at all their stretch goals, there is nothing that can't be added to the game after release. Not one single thing. Had Shadowrun done that we still wouldn't have the game. And while we wait on that tons of people have been banging out community content. So where exactly is the downside to this that everyone says there is? Maybe if you only plan on playing the game once ever. In which case you could easily wait for it to be complete, right? How many of you wait for GOTYs anyway?

Think of these CRPGs more like NWN with a base game and more stuff coming out regularly over time. To me that's infinitely more preferable.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2014, 13:01 Cutter

How strange, I burned the shit out of my pasta sauce yesterday when I forgot about it, sigh. Yesterday was a bad culinary day for me. Really off my game. Shoulda just went out for dinner.

And Subway...ewwww.

And I agree, Nye should have never debated that clown in the first place. The fact that even he gives those hillbillies credence does harm. Lincoln should have let the south go. They'd be happy living in their shacks in Jesusland while we'd be happy living in a Star Trek like utopia of the future.

And who knew Bizarro read Blues.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
9. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 8, 2014, 12:35 Cutter

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 8, 2014, 11:45:
Now will they jump on the next fad and tell us that curved movie theaters are better?

3D is a joke, I don't think 1 person here said "this will turn out well".

Oh yes, they did. There were several people claiming it wasn't a fad and it was here to stay...like the last several times it's come around, lol. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

News Comments > Dying Light Tease
5. Re: Dying Light Tease Feb 8, 2014, 12:31 Cutter

nin wrote on Feb 8, 2014, 12:02:
Creston wrote on Feb 8, 2014, 11:38:
Really? I think it looks great. I'm definitely interested in this.

Everything I've seen looks like Dead Island all over again...

Getting a little stale...

Getting stale? This is already in the rubbish bin. It's already passed the day old sale. Jesus, zombie/survivor/MOBA games, enough already. This was like that period we went through years back when everything was a friggin WW2 game.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Slowed by Cash
9. Re: Pillars of Eternity Slowed by Cash Feb 8, 2014, 12:27 Cutter

My bone of contention is these KS' should be coming out with their original plan on schedule and the stretch goals as DLC/expansion stuff later on like Shadowrun is doing with the Berlin campaign. Most of these games all have editors and claim to be iterative enough to warrant several playthroughs so there's no reason not to do it that way.

News Comments > Steam Adds Discoverability Options
11. Re: Steam Adds Discoverability Options Feb 8, 2014, 02:52 Cutter

Redmask wrote on Feb 7, 2014, 23:38:
Cutter wrote on Feb 7, 2014, 23:08:
The other think that irks me is the lack of patch notes with the patches. Is that really so hard to string together?

That's up to the developers and publishers unfortunately.

Not so. They post them in the forums because there's no way to integrate them into Steam. So yeah, you can always go to the forums but it's just a few unnecessary extra steps.

16470 Comments. 824 pages. Viewing page 42.
< Newer [ 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo