Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 17741 (Ninja)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 22, 2014, 18:05 Cutter

Not much of a pro if he got caught. And 4 years in prison for disrupting their IT for a month? That's absurd. America, Land of the Prisons.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization May 22, 2014, 17:54 Cutter

Rolleyes

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches May 22, 2014, 17:49 Cutter

Free Metallic Paints DLC

Mmm, shiny.

Yeah you made me feel, yeah you made me feel all shiny and new....

News Comments > Concursion Next Month
1. Re: Concursion Next Month May 22, 2014, 17:45 Cutter

Pewba?

News Comments > Watch Dogs Launch Trailer
4. Re: Watch Dogs Launch Trailer May 22, 2014, 17:44 Cutter

Squee?

News Comments > Extraction is Dirty Bomb Again
2. Re: Extraction is Dirty Bomb Again May 22, 2014, 17:40 Cutter

Whatevs. Brink. That is all.

News Comments > Gooseman Outs Half-Life 3 and L4D3 Development?
5. Re: Gooseman Outs Half-Life 3 and L4D3 Development? May 22, 2014, 17:39 Cutter

Whatevs. I'll believe it when I actually see it. Everything else is just so much talk.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Morning Consolidation May 22, 2014, 15:47 Cutter

The Half Elf wrote on May 22, 2014, 11:19:
5 days!

Squee?

News Comments > Op Ed
34. Re: Op Ed May 22, 2014, 15:47 Cutter

Draugr wrote on May 22, 2014, 15:19:
Henry Dorsett wrote on May 22, 2014, 12:25:
Beamer, I think I speak for most of us when I say that you really need to screw off. Nobody cares. The Japanese make mostly Japanese characters because, SURPRISE, they're in a culture which is almost entirely Japanese. If you have a problem with that, why not fly over there and picket outside Nintendo's home office? Surely that would make them aware that there are other cultures better than arguing with the rest of us.

How about you don't put speak for the rest of us, if someone wants to say something they are obviously welcome to do so, but don't presume you speak for the people here.

No, that's actually a pretty safe bet in most cases. Beamer lives in own little fantasy world.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue May 22, 2014, 13:08 Cutter

InBlack wrote on May 22, 2014, 09:30:
Nice Mel Brooks interview. I was surprised and delighted to find out that he is still with the living. Hopefully he makes Spaceballs2 although if the new Star Wars turns into a trainwreck (which is highly probable) a parody would probably be unnecessary.

Love that man! Love him. One person I've always dearly wanted to meet.

And Blue, you're right of course. I hate that mushy fall off the bone scheisse. To me a rib should have some snap and chew to it. I want to get my inner wolf on and tear and gnaw meat off the bone, not have it fall apart. Then again I prefer beef ribs to pork as well so it's a little easier to see them done that way.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer
16. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer May 22, 2014, 13:04 Cutter

harlock wrote on May 22, 2014, 03:53:
hes probably against gay marriage too

He lives alone with an old man and a boy. I think we know which side his toast is buttered on.

11. Re: Evening Mobilization May 22, 2014, 13:03 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on May 22, 2014, 11:15:
Cutter wrote on May 22, 2014, 02:06:
harlock wrote on May 22, 2014, 01:31:
“Taking LSD was a profound experience, one of the most important things in my life. LSD shows you that there's another side to the coin, and you can’t remember it when it wears off, but you know it. It reinforced my sense of what was important—creating great things instead of making money, putting things back into the stream of history and of human consciousness as much as I could.”

- Steve Jobs

Couldn't imagine a better quote. I was all military gung-ho. In Air Cadets for years, set to join the Air Force, fly jets and all of that. Then I dosed and it was all sweetness and light after that. I'd like everyone to dose at least once. What a better world this would be.

Who are you and what have you done with sweet and light Cutter? Maybe it wore off?

Time and humanity, my friend. Guarenteed to take the sweetness and light out of everything eventually.

News Comments > ZeniMax Sues Oculus
29. Re: ZeniMax Sues Oculus May 22, 2014, 13:01 Cutter

commonperson wrote on May 22, 2014, 08:04:
Cutter wrote on May 22, 2014, 02:00:
Cabezone wrote on May 22, 2014, 00:47:
VR will eventually make it, whether it's occulous or someone else.

Yeah. Sure. Just like 3D. If you're envisioning Snow Crash, there's a long way to go brother.

Just like Smartphones were a fad or tablets would never catch on.

We can't easily predict what is going to click and what isn't. Given companies like Sony are jumping on board with their own product it's entirely possibly this MAY take off. It's at least a 50/50 chance at this point.

What is going to make this move beyond the VirtualBoy is how well it permeates the market. This is where Occulus was smart in forging a relationship with Facebook. Carmack wants to create Snow Crash, that's the point. If you listen to what they are saying this is the exact type of world they are trying to forge with this relationship and Facebook is one of the few companies with the capital and technology to make it potentially happen (Microsoft being one of the others). Their experience at the server level is where Occulus benefits.

Sure it may crash and burn, but I'd rather people try daring things and they not catch on than they try nothing at all. A world where people go "oh that's going to fail" and "it's a fad" is a world where we're still sitting around the radio listening to Little Orphan Annie save Daddy Warbucks for the billionth time.

Actually it easy to predict. Everyone needs a phone. People may not need music players or cameras but they like to have them. So having them all rolled into one with something that fits in your pocket is a no brainer.

A niche market toy that is basically strapping a TV to your head is nothing most people need, nor even want. People couldn't even stand wearing 3D glasses so why do you think this is any different. If you think this is going to be the next big thing I have some swampland in Florida I'd like to sell you cheap.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 22, 2014, 12:56 Cutter

Yeah, I remember when I first got my zip. It was like being a kid at Xmas, lol!

News Comments > Evolve in October
9. Re: Evolve in October May 22, 2014, 12:53 Cutter

I thought L4D sucked.

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed May 22, 2014, 12:49 Cutter

Dear Ars,

Fuck off.

News Comments > Crytek Announces Arena of Fate
14. Re: Crytek Announces Arena of Fate May 22, 2014, 12:47 Cutter

Whatevs.

6. Re: Evening Mobilization May 22, 2014, 02:06 Cutter

harlock wrote on May 22, 2014, 01:31:
“Taking LSD was a profound experience, one of the most important things in my life. LSD shows you that there's another side to the coin, and you can’t remember it when it wears off, but you know it. It reinforced my sense of what was important—creating great things instead of making money, putting things back into the stream of history and of human consciousness as much as I could.”

- Steve Jobs

Couldn't imagine a better quote. I was all military gung-ho. In Air Cadets for years, set to join the Air Force, fly jets and all of that. Then I dosed and it was all sweetness and light after that. I'd like everyone to dose at least once. What a better world this would be.

News Comments > ZeniMax Sues Oculus
16. Re: ZeniMax Sues Oculus May 22, 2014, 02:00 Cutter

Cabezone wrote on May 22, 2014, 00:47:
VR will eventually make it, whether it's occulous or someone else.

Yeah. Sure. Just like 3D. If you're envisioning Snow Crash, there's a long way to go brother.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer
7. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer May 22, 2014, 00:46 Cutter

mellis wrote on May 21, 2014, 20:56:
You wish Batman would just start killing the villains. I mean, you'd think after 3+ outings (Asylum, City etc), the population of Gotham would be getting a little tired of being whittled down by homicidal maniacs, especially given their reoffending rate.

There are worse things than death. Like being crippled and left alive by the Batman. That's how it works. Killing people is easy. Crippling them equates to fear. If you were a criminal and Bats asked you for information and your choices were to tell him or spend life in a wheelchair shitting in a bag, what would you choose?

17741 Comments. 888 pages. Viewing page 42.
< Newer [ 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo