Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 18274 (Ninja)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2014, 15:29 Cutter

Yeah, the original Shadowrun campaign isn't that good but the Berlin campaign is effing great!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2014, 12:55 Cutter

Blue wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 12:27:
Cutter wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 12:20:
Had the same experience there, Blue. Yeah, I'll never go back to them again.

Maybe you thought I meant we were at Five Guys, but I didn't actually call out the place by name. It was actually a place called Rare, and the fault may have been partly mine, as I did not see where it said the burger I ordered was flambeed (I ordered it for the meat mix). Even then, though, I still can't imagine preparing any burger without searing it. My pals who ordered normal burgers didn't have a problem.

Ahh, well anyway. The Five Guys I went to here was no great shakes.

Julio wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 12:29:
Five Guys > McDonalds and most fast food chains but that's not saying much. Your own burgers, or some small independent burger places are far superior.

Yeah, that's actually problematic in Toronto right now. The place is lousy with custom burger joints, it's stupid. And most of them aren't that good either.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2014, 12:20 Cutter

Had the same experience there, Blue. Yeah, I'll never go back to them again.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
3. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jun 28, 2014, 12:17 Cutter

Plenty of people care. Boggles the mind, doesn't it?

News Comments > Stolen Sniper Elite 3 Keys Banned
1. Re: Stolen Sniper Elite 3 Keys Banned Jun 28, 2014, 12:15 Cutter

I wouldn't doubt Rebellion is doing this, they sound very scummy. Don't support them.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 28, 2014, 00:58 Cutter

You really are out of touch with reality aren't you? Reagan, deregulation, S&L, etc. are all things you have no grasp of. Ok, just keep the tin foil hat firmly strapped on and everything will be ok.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Jun 27, 2014, 20:33 Cutter

I remember at the Ontario Science Center when they used to demonstrations with this. They stick a flower in it, pull it out and shatter it. Then they'd they toss a bunch of liquid nitrogen toward the front row and everyone would scream but it was gone by the time it got to you.

News Comments > etc., etc.
6. Re: etc., etc. Jun 27, 2014, 20:31 Cutter

I remember being blown away by the first wireframe flight sim I saw.

4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 27, 2014, 20:29 Cutter

Yeah, because deregulation of the banks, telcos, cablecos, etc. has worked out so well. Yet, in all these socialized countries you so despise where there's still heavy regulation they have better services for less money. The banks don't collapse and hose the taxpayers for hundreds of billions of dollars. Too big to fail. That ring any bells? The Free Market is an illusion. Laissez-faire does not work anymore than communism. As T.S. Elliot used to say, "Somewhere between the light and the shadow falls the reality. Goldilocks in other words, not too hot, not too cold, but just right.

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Op Ed Jun 27, 2014, 20:24 Cutter

A rose by any other name....

1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 27, 2014, 17:47 Cutter

How can they possibly justify that? Gotta love the 'small biz and less government' clowns always crowing on about private enterprise does it cheaper and better. Uh no.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 27, 2014, 17:42 Cutter

Yeah, NMS is definite wait and see - if it even makes it to the PC now.

And much like Kinect, Freddie's Dead, that's what I said....

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Jun 27, 2014, 17:40 Cutter

Creston wrote on Jun 27, 2014, 16:01:
The title Red Dead Redemption, for instance, suggests a lethal quest for vengeance when the game itself functions as a tragic rumination on the hollowness of revenge.

Except for, you know, the part where John Marston's son Jack finds the scumbag FBI lawman who killed his dad, and kills not only said lawman, but also his wife and friend. Or at least I did.

In any case, good, Polygon has found something to whine about again.

Yeah. I think we're all really tired of Polygon's moralizing and internet outrage. And here I thought journalists were supposed to report the news, not create it. Polygon = Insert Topic X of the Week and Rail Against It.

This actually reminds me of the old drinking game, Devil's Advocate. Dunno if anyone else ever played it in university. Idea is everyone gets drunk and the devil's advocate - regardless of what he really feels - has to do his best to argue the merits of his position and the demerits of the other side. Oh it was a ton of fun. So many times people almost came to blows. But it just really illustrated how easy it is to wind people up. Trolling before there was trolling per se. That's what Polygon reminds me of. It's all just clickbait to me.

News Comments > STYX: Master of Shadows Gameplay Video
1. Re: STYX: Master of Shadows Gameplay Video Jun 27, 2014, 17:26 Cutter

Well this better be a whole hell of a lot better than Of Orcs and Men because that title was fucking awful. Uninstalled it probably around half way through.

I can never see Styx now without thinking of Homer on the River Styx

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer
7. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Jun 27, 2014, 17:22 Cutter

Boy, I wish I had me one o' them battlesuits.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 27, 2014, 15:03 Cutter

Blue wrote on Jun 27, 2014, 11:29:
As always, money doesn't buy good taste.

I think in this case it has the opposite effect. It seems they cared a lot more about their clothes looking expensive than good.

That's my point, Stephen. Bling is expensive but it's still ostentatious and gaudy. It's like those shows about people who win the lottery and you look at their homes and think, 'Hire an interior decorator because...damn.'

Then you see someone like Daniel Craig in Tom Ford....

Tom Ford Suit

Tom Ford Tux

Expensive yes, but understated, elegant and timeless - it doesn't go out of fashion the moment you leave the store. Anything gaudy like that exists solely out of insecurity. It's the peacock effect of 'Hey lookit me!' If I had the dosh those athletes have I'd be wearing nothing but tailored clothing from Saville Row and a few other designers like Tom Ford.

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Jun 27, 2014, 14:52 Cutter

There is a difference between collateral damage and targeted damage. For me, Britain and America lost any moral high ground they may have had with the Dresden firebombings which killed between 35,000-135,000 civilians. Korea, Vietnam, and everything until now has all been about hegemony and economics. Hell, look at Nixon's illegal bombings of Laos and Cambodia that killed anywhere from 150,000-500,000 people. What's a few drone strikes compared to insanity like that? And then Americans wonder why people around the globe hate them. But that works in the MIC's favour doesn't it? Perpetual warfare guarantees them the ability to loot the treasury unfettered. War is good business.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
4. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jun 27, 2014, 14:24 Cutter

Yeah, the remarks on these guys breaking down their budgets for potential backers is key because a good 99% of them have entirely unrealistic budgets. I think this model is doomed regardless. Same with early access as more shite gets churned out or abandoned or fails to even launch. I'm almost entirely back to 'deliver me a good, complete product and then you may have my money.'

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 27, 2014, 11:13 Cutter

Jivaro wrote on Jun 27, 2014, 10:18:
Dude...they were asking the draftees "so who are you wearing?" as part of the post draft interview. That is just.....sad.

As always, money doesn't buy good taste.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Beta Toolkit
4. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Beta Toolkit Jun 27, 2014, 11:12 Cutter

dj LiTh wrote on Jun 27, 2014, 10:28:
Really excited for monday. I havent touched the alpha/beta yet, as to have a clean slate going in and forming my opinion about it.

I have 52 hours in and I still haven't done probably half of everything in the alpha/beta. Yeah, I'm hella stoked for Monday too as I'm loving it. Right now this thing is head and shoulders above Wasteland 2 which I've found I'm pretty disappointed with so far on all fronts.

18274 Comments. 914 pages. Viewing page 41.
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo