Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 16579 (Ninja)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Feb 23, 2014, 17:58 Cutter

You have to be stupid to advertise on FB in the first place.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
4. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Feb 23, 2014, 17:58 Cutter

Yet they're not lowering the price for consumer versions and they wonder why people won't adopt. I'd still be on Vista if Darks hadn't given me a Win7 key. And I sure as shit don't intend on needlessly givng MS $100 every 3 years when I have an OS that already does what I need. Now, it they were selling them for $15 yeah I'd take the plunge and so would everyone else. But that would make sense though.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

News Comments > Gearbox Sues 3D Realms Over Duke Nukem Rights
35. Re: Gearbox Sues 3D Realms Over Duke Nukem Rights Feb 23, 2014, 17:53 Cutter

Do any of you really care? No. Ok thread done.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 23, 2014, 16:43 Cutter

Good on the people of the Ukraine! Wish people here gave a shit about democracy.

News Comments > On Sale
13. Re: On Sale Feb 23, 2014, 16:28 Cutter

I hope they're following up on Sleepy Dogs. I want more of it!

News Comments > THIEF System Requirements - Mantle Support via Post-Release Patch
10. Re: THIEF System Requirements - Mantle Support via Post-Release Patch Feb 23, 2014, 16:26 Cutter

mlw wrote on Feb 23, 2014, 15:00:
Agreed! Pre-loaded on Steam. Ready for release.

Cool, thanks for the heads up I'll do that now!

14. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 22, 2014, 18:40 Cutter

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 22, 2014, 14:20:
Cutter wrote on Feb 22, 2014, 13:27:
No real plans, no. I'm thinking of adding a night of heavy drinking to the agenda however. Just for shits and giggles you know.

I like the cut of your jib sir!

Lol I just bought a custom made flask of Etsy - man I love Etsy - and it has an old 3 masted Schooner on it and I had the phrase put on it..."Three Sheets to the Wind". I'll take a pic of it and post it because it's pretty sweet.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
14. Re: Saturday Metaverse Feb 22, 2014, 18:38 Cutter

Ahhk, I stand corrected. I did not know that. Regardless, it's always nice to see tiered options. It just really gets on my tits when I talk to friends who work over in the Middle-East and how all this shit is basically nationalized and they get unlimited everything - cell, internet, etc and really good service - for like 10 bucks US per month.

I pay $35 per month for 15/1 DSL which is as good as it gets here for the price point and I still feel like I'm being robbed. Hell, I was on the bare bones cell plan with Petro Can here for $12 a month for 60 mins, free incoming text and free voicemail which was awesome because I barely use my phone - I don't text, surf, etc. And then the bastards up'd it to $20 in January to be on par with all the other plans. So even though we only have 5 providers across the country their packages are all virtually identical and all start at $20. That's not competition, that's collusion.

News Comments > Editorial on Kickstarter Communication
19. Re: Editorial on Kickstarter Communication Feb 22, 2014, 18:28 Cutter

Yeah, but Emery was an actual drill instructor in the Marines so that wasn't much of a reach. It was still awesome, but nothing he was unfamiliar with. Hauer on the other hand made that role all his own. Christ, Anne Rice modeled Lestat after him. There are few films - IMO - where an actor really makes the character his own and/or becomes him, and yeah he really did it with Roy Batty. And speaking of that film, as brilliant as his end soliloquy was I really enjoy a lot of his other lines in the film much more, "Chu, if only you could see what I've seen with your eyes." And then the big smirk. Heh, brilliance.

Then there are some of the really great actors like Newman and O'Toole who could do that consistently over many films. Cool Hand Luke, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, Sweet Bird of Youth, Lawrence of Arabia, Beckett, The Lion in Winter, Night of the Generals et al.

Most of the time I still see the actor coming through, but those two were the exception. Another guy I think is massively underrated is Stephen Lang. He's quite a chameleon. I didn't even realize it was him playing Ike Clanton in Tombstone until after the film when a friend remarked on it.

News Comments > Wargame: Red Dragon Trailer
3. Re: Wargame: Red Dragon Trailer Feb 22, 2014, 13:31 Cutter

In "steal-th" mode? Lol!

7. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 22, 2014, 13:27 Cutter

No real plans, no. I'm thinking of adding a night of heavy drinking to the agenda however. Just for shits and giggles you know.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Feb 22, 2014, 13:23 Cutter

MORTAL WOMBAT!!!

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Feb 22, 2014, 13:23 Cutter

Well, the Escapist didn't mince words....

Furthermore, fuck this game.

Heh.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Feb 22, 2014, 13:22 Cutter

While it may be scummy on King's part, the real problem is the law itself and allowing such sweeping trademarks.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
9. Re: Saturday Metaverse Feb 22, 2014, 13:18 Cutter

Only problem I have with G Fibe is that it's still $70 per month. That's effing expensive. Sure it's for a gig which is nice to have but totally unnecessary for most. They should have lower end tiers as well. As it stands this is just a service for the affluent and does nothing to address the needs of the poor and underserved.  

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
1. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Feb 22, 2014, 13:14 Cutter

Meet Jonathan Mayer who's going to be found dead before long of apparent suicide. Somehow he'll manage to blow his brains out with his hands restrained behind his back.

News Comments > Editorial on Kickstarter Communication
7. Re: Editorial on Kickstarter Communication Feb 22, 2014, 13:09 Cutter

finga wrote on Feb 22, 2014, 11:59:
What, we all gotta get a reach-around just the exact way we want it, too?

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: I bet you're the kind of guy who would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around. I'll be watching you!

News Comments > Garry's Mod & Rust Have Each Earned > $30M
2. Re: Garry's Mod & Rust Have Each Earned > $30M Feb 22, 2014, 13:04 Cutter

Yeah, there's zero need for griefing in a game and it can be handled. Why would you give your money to devs who won't do that. Judging from all the downvotes and negative reviews on Steam there's a TON of buyer's remorse on this thing. Guess Garry is too busy with the coke and hookers to care.

News Comments > Risen 3 Images Leaked?
8. Re: Risen 3 Images Leaked? Feb 22, 2014, 13:02 Cutter

Gothic 1/2 are still some of my fave games of all time. They were effing amazing. Man, did they ever drop the consistency ball after that.

News Comments > Shadowrun: Dragonfall Beta Keys
5. Re: Shadowrun: Dragonfall Beta Keys Feb 22, 2014, 13:01 Cutter

Beta keys? But the release is next week. I just woke up but am I missing something here. *blink*

Oh yeah, been playing some use modules and if you haven't played Nightmare Harvest yet, give it a go. Incredibly well done.

Edit: Unh, got my key too but why is Blue saying it's a beta key? This is the release version for Friday.

This comment was edited on Feb 22, 2014, 13:12.

16579 Comments. 829 pages. Viewing page 41.
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo