Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 18654 (Ninja)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 23, 2014, 19:52 Cutter

What a load of horseshit! Every intelligent and right-thinking person loves the Green Bay Packers. They're the most loved team on the planet!

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Five Nights at Freddy's 2 Announced
9. Re: Five Nights at Freddy's 2 Announced Oct 23, 2014, 19:50 Cutter

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 11:58:
Wonder why this would need a greenlight campaign, I thought the first was considered a wild success. Also worth noting, it is stuff like this that makes Indy cool. Totally fresh idea, the first I'm speaking of.

A well worn fictional trope is hardly fresh.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

News Comments > Arma III Free Weekend
8. Re: Arma III Free Weekend Oct 23, 2014, 19:47 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 19:43:
DangerDog wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 19:13:
Needs more jetpacks, and next gen AI fish.

Pony up $1M and they can do that for you.

I didn't realize Chris Roberts was involved with this as well.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
5. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 23, 2014, 11:32 Cutter

Good thing I lack empathy and don't care about this trumped up bullshit. Hrm, think I'll go have a slice of dolphin served between two puppies for lunch.

News Comments > Five Nights at Freddy's 2 Announced
1. Re: Five Nights at Freddy's 2 Announced Oct 23, 2014, 11:28 Cutter

Helicopter Pilot: We are now approaching our final destination, Itchy and Scratchy Land. The amusement park of the future where nothing can "possa-bly" go wrong. Uh, possibly go wrong. Huh, that's the first thing that's ever gone wrong.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Oct 22, 2014, 22:02 Cutter

Video games have always enjoyed a close association with the military.

They have? Gee I didn't know the military was responsible for all my favourite CRPGs, 4X, Adventure, etc. games.

After his appearance on the panel in Washington, the ex-game developer was offered an unpaid fellowship by Grundmen on the Atlantic Council, a nonpartisan Washington-based think tank that advises on the future of unknown conflict. “My job is to advise outside-the-box thinking on the nature of future threats, and propose proactive solutions to mitigate against them,” he says. In late September, Anthony delivered one such suggestion during an Atlantic Council forum. His controversial proposition was the introduction of school marshals, “U.S. soldiers who are in plainclothes, whose job is to protect schools.”

It’s a familiar argument – guarding schools from terror threats and, of course, shooting massacres, through the provision of weaponsised staff. What made Anthony’s suggestion unique was his follow-up idea of how to deal with the inevitable public outcry that would greet such a policy: video game-style marketing. “When we have a new product that has elements that we’re not sure how people will respond to, what do we do as a corporation?” he asked. “We market it as much as we can — we do all the things we can to essentially brainwash people into liking it before it actually comes out. I’d like to see the government doing this too.”

Wow. Just fucking wow. I think I just threw up in my mouth a little. Assholes like this Anthony prick want perpetual warfare. They get hard thinking about the terrorists they get to kill when they're the fuckers creating them to begin with. Hell, why waste all the time and money and needless suffering to begin with? Just nuke the Middle-East and be done with it. Once the oil is gone that's what they'll do anyway.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 22, 2014, 21:52 Cutter

Pigs sharing data illegally? Gee, what surprise. Wry

News Comments > ArcheAge "Illicit Gains" Revoked
9. Re: ArcheAge Oct 22, 2014, 21:39 Cutter

So if Trion sells it it's ok, but no one else is allowed.

News Comments > John Riccitiello New Unity CEO
1. Re: John Riccitiello New Unity CEO Oct 22, 2014, 15:11 Cutter

Guide the profits into his own pocket more like. Why they continue to hire and pay those guys like they do boggles the mind when they could get someone just as capable for a fraction of the price.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 22, 2014, 10:37 Cutter

Questions for you webheads out there. I registered my first domain with Fatcow last year but I'd like to change to someone else as I find they're really scummy and nickle and dime everything.

1. Does anyone have a suggestion for a good, cheap webhost? I can't imagine I'm going to do a ton of business through it this year, but if it picks up I'll obviously be happy to upgrade at that point. Any good suggestions for Canada preferably - as we're getting killed on the dollar right now so I'd rather not pay in US. Whilst my designer will be building it - it's just a placeholder atm - it obviously has to be easy to maintain and modify with new products - photos and descriptions, as well as have the ecommerce stuff built in.

2. My domain expires in December so should I renew it with them and transfer it after or whats usually the best way to handle that?

Thanks!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 22, 2014, 10:19 Cutter

The Gunnar-man should go as a member of G.I. Joe.

Awesome story on the paralyzed man. "Yeah Mr. White! Yeah science!"

And bees invented the zerg rush...who knew?

Of Monsters and Men - Dirty Paws

Her dirty paws and furry coat,
She ran down the forest slopes.
The forest of talking trees;
They used to sing about the birds and the bees.
The bees had declared a war;
The sky wasn't big enough for them all.
The birds, they got help from below,
From dirty paws and the creatures of snow.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 22, 2014, 10:09 Cutter

Lets hope when he loses he's charged with all costs involved for this frivolous suit.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 22, 2014, 10:07 Cutter

Hrm not getting anything on Forbes site except their front page, everything else loads blank.

News Comments > Fractured Space Announced
3. Re: Fractured Space Announced Oct 22, 2014, 09:59 Cutter

Tactical space games never went away. Just full on 3D. X was the only one that stuck with it. Too bad they screwed the pooch so bad or they'd be king of the heap right now.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
8. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 21, 2014, 22:11 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 21:51:
nin wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 21:17:
Did you know Matthew Broderick killed a couple of people years ago? I'd never heard of it until recently...

I remember when that happened. Drunk driving, wasn't it?

And he went to prison for 10 years for manslaughter. Oh, wait. No, no he didn't. He paid $175 and that was it.

That's still $175 more than Laura Bush had to pay for killing a guy.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
11. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Oct 21, 2014, 21:59 Cutter

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 20:37:
Creston wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 20:36:
I don't think Bull is romanceable, buddy, sorry...

Fuck the romance, all I want is to... er wait.... *ahem*

The sons of the Prophet were hardy and bold
And quite unaccustomed to fear,
But the bravest of all, at least so I am told,
Was Abdulah Bul Bul Ameer.

If you wanted a man to encourage the van,
Or harass the foe from the rear,
Or to storm a redoubt, you had but to shout
For Abdulah Bul Bul Ameer.

Happy

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 21, 2014, 20:22 Cutter

Fuck the money, let's see some Pound-Me-In-The-Ass-Prison terms for those pricks what that did this!

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 21, 2014, 20:20 Cutter

Oh god! Please, make it stop!

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 21, 2014, 20:19 Cutter

CBS just debuted its own subscription streaming service... and it is possibly the worst streaming TV deal out there.

CBS is offering access to the current seasons of 15 primetime shows, full past seasons of 8 popular shows, some seasons of "CBS Classics" like CSI: Miami, access to live events, and the ability to stream Big Brother 24/7.

This is such a bad deal in so many ways. Unlike HBO, you don't need a subscription to CBS, so you'd be paying for content you could get for free anyways. Football is not included in the live events. You can watch some of these programs on Amazon Prime and Netflix, and even if you can't, it some cases it still makes more sense to access them another way. Say you love The Good Wife but aren't that into other CBS programming (like me). It's cheaper to just buy a season pass on iTunes for $45 than it is to shuck out $72 a year for this streaming service and try really hard to care about NCIS.

That pretty much says all you need to know. Who the hell watches network TV anyway?

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 John Wick DLC; Game Free with Movie Ticket
2. Re: PAYDAY 2 John Wick DLC; Game Free with Movie Ticket Oct 21, 2014, 20:13 Cutter

Just watch the trailer and it looks decent. Love me a good anti-hero flick. There's not nearly enough of them.  

18654 Comments. 933 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo