Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 20984 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Age of Conan Turns Seven
6. Re: Age of Conan Turns Seven May 20, 2015, 18:15 Cutter

Warhammer Online had that same problem with the first 20 levels being awesome then absolutely zero content afterward. I don't know what they were thinking. Like people just wouldn't notice? Such a shame because their Greenskin campaign was still the most fun of any I've played in an MMO.

But yeah, it's weird to think people still play stuff like this, UO, EQ, etc.

"During times of universal deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. May 20, 2015, 14:00 Cutter

May? Sounds like a guy fishing for funding.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
12. Re: Morning Consolidation May 20, 2015, 13:57 Cutter

Funny how people mention the horses as one reviewer said the same thing and is still amazed that RDR is the only game that's ever made horses spot on.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2015, 09:35 Cutter

That T Cell vid is cool, and good news as well. Hopefully they can figure out how to replicate the little bastards en masse and cure Cancer.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation May 20, 2015, 08:57 Cutter

So CDPR gimped the game out of greed to tap into the console markets and in the end everyone loses regardless. And there seems to be a ton of stability issues for PC players to boot. I hear it crashes more than Crash Bandicoot crashing a party. Nice play, Shakespeare.

News Comments > Nancy Drew: Sea of Darkness Released
1. Re: Nancy Drew: Sea of Darkness Released May 20, 2015, 08:50 Cutter

How come they don't make Hardy Boys games? Actually there are a lot of kids books you think they'd make games for.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released
62. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 19, 2015, 21:29 Cutter

Sepharo wrote on May 19, 2015, 20:48:
Cutter wrote on May 19, 2015, 18:17:
Was trying to watch some gameplay on Twitch, Jesus that service is *really* fucking annoying. It seems to be either teens who are all gangsta wannabes 'Holy fuck, did you see that shit yo?!' or bimbos in Cosplay gear who are clueless and trying to milk money from guys.

It's fucking near impossible to find a stream of someone just playing at 1080 with no comments or in-game camera of them - really? I came to watch the fucking game, not you. I really just don't get the draw of Twitch with all that horseshit.

You should use Steam Broadcast for that. Rarely is anyone using it like they do for Twitch. Mostly just gamers playing their game like a regular joe.

Right, forgot about that. Thanks Seph.

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Free Content
4. Re: Cities: Skylines Free Content May 19, 2015, 18:47 Cutter

yuastnav wrote on May 19, 2015, 18:36:
Tunnels. Hooray! \o/

Bridges and tunnels were my favourite thing in TTD. Yay!

Are you part of the bridge and tunnel crowd?

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released
56. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 19, 2015, 18:17 Cutter

Was trying to watch some gameplay on Twitch, Jesus that service is *really* fucking annoying. It seems to be either teens who are all gangsta wannabes 'Holy fuck, did you see that shit yo?!' or bimbos in Cosplay gear who are clueless and trying to milk money from guys.

It's fucking near impossible to find a stream of someone just playing at 1080 with no comments or in-game camera of them - really? I came to watch the fucking game, not you. I really just don't get the draw of Twitch with all that horseshit.

News Comments > More NVIDIA Gameworks Controversy
40. Re: More NVIDIA Gameworks Controversy May 19, 2015, 17:48 Cutter

Mordecai Walfish wrote on May 19, 2015, 17:31:
You guys may think it's ancient history but amd driver issues are still a thing in this day and age. I helped diagnose one just last week to help a friend get gta V running. solely had to do with amd's silly mishmash of drivers and half-functional features fucking up his system, but luckily other gta V players had figured this one out close to launch and shared the steps online.

You also hear much more about issues with crossfire than sli, and most of the time it's the shitty drivers causing the issue.

I use an AMD cpu on my gaming rig still, and I'm no fanboy for either side, but there are clear advantages to nvidia gpu's, even if they are more expensive.

How odd because a lot of us using AMD cards had ZERO problems. So I'm guessing it's not the card but your buddy's crappy rig and setup.

31. Re: More NVIDIA Gameworks Controversy May 19, 2015, 14:09 Cutter

The Half Elf wrote on May 19, 2015, 13:54:
Darks wrote on May 19, 2015, 13:49:
Deathman29 wrote on May 19, 2015, 10:55:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on May 19, 2015, 10:16:
The Half Elf wrote on May 19, 2015, 09:18:
But anyone who has been around 10+ years in PC Gaming knows that while AMD has good hardware, they are NOTORIOUS for horrible drivers. Every time I have upgraded my GPU since the good old VOODOO days, this has played a factor into my purchase of NVIDIA cards, and why I will NOT purchase a AMD card.

Funny enough it was the opposite reason that I jumped from nvidia to amd back around when the 290 drivers were released. Because while their hardware was great, all their drivers did for nearly a year was crash, crash, crash, TDR, TDR, TDR all the while they tried blaming users for it. Until it came to light that it was their drivers causing the problems, because their cards ran so hot they dropped the voltage down to keep the gpu cooler. That caused serious instability, and then they fixed it for about 3 releases and all of a sudden the problem was back again.

Each to their own.
AMD I haven't had to many issues over the years. Maybe a hickup here and there. nVidia was a constant battle with drivers for me back in the day but I haven't been back to them in years because of it. Think it was 4400's and 6800's for me.

One day I might try nVidia out again but to this day AMD and its drivers have done me well over the years on all my cards. I even have the R290 which was notorious for issues.

Yes, you are talking ancient drivers. But ever since Nvidia bought out 3DFX and brought in their people. The 3DFX team fixed their drivers to what they are today.

I have no issues with the Nvidia drivers. they are really stable and always worked for me.

I went from a Voodoo 3, to a 4400ti, to a 9800GT to a 560ti to a GTX 970. Beyond Mantle, what can ATI/AMD offer me?

Similar performance for a much better price? The old ATI driver issues are long over. I've got better things to waste my money on than Nvidia.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 19, 2015, 10:09 Cutter

So one guy felt he was entitled to do what he did then didn't like the consequences of his actions. And the other guy claimed he was innocent though he was clearly involved with people doing nebulous and illegal things. Neither could even wait to see the outcome of their trials? I don't see how that's anyone else's fault but their own. People get threatened by prosecutors all the time...that's their fucking job. As many criminals will attest to being threatened with something doesn't mean it will ever come to pass.

8. Re: More NVIDIA Gameworks Controversy May 19, 2015, 09:51 Cutter

Well they're not really giving anything away if they're saying you can only use it if you don't do biz with the other guy. We'll see if AMD thinks it's worth it but it sounds like a case for the Justice Department. AMD needs to do themselves a favour and simply compete as hard. They're being reactive when they need to be proactive about this stuff.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black May 18, 2015, 21:30 Cutter

Blue, the comments aren't working for the Witcher 3.

Anyone got any early feedback on it yet?

Edit: Hrm, seeing a lot of brouhaha about the AMD v. Nvidia shenigans around this but nothing conclusive so far.

This comment was edited on May 18, 2015, 21:41.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 18, 2015, 21:16 Cutter

Mmm, yes. He seemed so nice and responsible in trying to have some people murdered, didn't he?

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization May 18, 2015, 21:15 Cutter

Beep, beep, beep, back it up, back it up!

News Comments > Take-Two Results: GTA5 Sells 52M Units
1. Re: Take-Two Results: GTA5 Sells 52M Units May 18, 2015, 21:12 Cutter

So they're doing the Mexican hat dance I'll wager.

News Comments > NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3
30. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 18, 2015, 16:17 Cutter

ForgedReality wrote on May 18, 2015, 13:53:
CDPR has already admitted that they had to gimp the graphics significantly to accommodate console trash. Thanks, AMD, for ruining gaming for everyone.

If they did they most certainly did not have to. So it's most certainly not AMD's fault. If anyone it's probably Obama. Thanks Obama!
Wry

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Rising Tide Announced
9. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Rising Tide Announced May 18, 2015, 16:13 Cutter

I have EL, and I don't know what it is, I just can't get into it.

News Comments > DOOM Reveal at E3
20. Re: DOOM Reveal at E3 May 18, 2015, 16:10 Cutter

Whatevs. New Fallout and TES is all anyone wants to see.

20984 Comments. 1050 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo