Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 20098 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Jan 7, 2015, 20:32 Cutter

I'm goin' down....to Sin City!

"We choose the right to be who we are. We know the difference between the reality of freedom and the illusion of freedom."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Op Ed Jan 7, 2015, 20:31 Cutter

LibertyOrDeath wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 18:09:
Yes, free internet for everyone you liberal pukes (just kidding).

Yeah, those poor ol' millionaires and billionaires need all the help they can get.

"We choose the right to be who we are. We know the difference between the reality of freedom and the illusion of freedom."

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 7, 2015, 20:29 Cutter

Fuck Ver and libertarian clowns like him. Self-entitled assholes who think they should be able to reap the benefits of society without having to pay for it. Good on State, leave him to rot.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 7, 2015, 20:25 Cutter

How Smed is not gone yet boggles the mind. They should have shitcanned him a decade ago.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 7, 2015, 20:24 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 18:39:
Pretty cool. Looks fantastic. Wonder if the Skywind folks will donate anything to this project.

Also, cool of Bethblog to feature it. Love Bethesda for their pro-mod stance.

I'd love them a lot more if they were doing proper ports and PC UIs to begin with. Given the money they make on these games from PC players, we shouldn't be an afterthought in that regard that the community has to fix.

News Comments > Next International in August
1. Re: Next International in August Jan 7, 2015, 20:22 Cutter

Fuck all this west coast bullshit. Do some in the east, or at least centralize it so it's easier for everyone.

News Comments > Mafia III News Soon?
3. Re: Mafia III News Soon? Jan 7, 2015, 20:20 Cutter

Loved Marfia Un et Deux, so yeah I'm in. Sucks Joe won't be in it.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2015, 20:19 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 16:42:
Jivaro wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 16:29:
Creston wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 15:55:
Damn, that shit in Paris is fucked up...

Yeah, yeah it is. So senseless.

Yeah, they even had police guarding them. WTF. Not sure they could have done anything differently beyond self-censorship. God, I hate religious extremists.

Dear Lord, save me from your followers.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2015, 20:17 Cutter

Blue wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 17:03:
Cutter wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 13:54:
What are the odds that Marla, if she were her own individual person and not a figment of Jack’s imagination, would choose to use the word’s “She’s infectious human waste!” to describe herself in the third person when we know that Jack and Tyler literally use infectious human waste to make soap. This is a deliberate connection the director was trying to make.

This is why Tyler is wearing rubber gloves when he has sex with Marla.

Wrong. They were using human fat, not infectious waste. Fat makes the best soap - tallow, lard, etc. And Durden was wearing only one glove symbolizing it was something very kinky.

The dumpster where they get the fat has a large sign that literally says "Infectious Waste."

Yes, because it contains various pathogens. It's the same reason we only use ruminant dung as fertilizer and not that of omnivores or carnivores. It doesn't matter because when you render off the fat - something I do all the time - you're left with pure byproduct. Which, when saponified with sodium hydroxide or potassium hydroxide changes it into soap. The point being he isn't making soap with anything dangerous, so his reasoning is wrong.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2015, 20:17 Cutter

Woops double post.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 7, 2015, 16:28 Cutter

Necrophob wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 15:17:
Cutter wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 14:54:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 14:13:
Compilations of cut scenes are pretty obviously violations, but I'm not sure that let's play vids would be. Due to the interactive element, each person creates a unique instance, so it's not like posting a copy of a song or movie.

That's still no different from sampling music. They're using someone else's property to enrich themselves. That's a licensing issue, plain and simple.

And what is the value of free marketing? Companies want their cake, and to eat it, too.

Do you get paid for word of mouth advertising? No. Then what's with the sense of self-entitlement? You're using someone else's work to make money. It's pretty cut and dry to me.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 7, 2015, 16:27 Cutter

ForgedReality wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 16:25:
First Need for Speed: No Limits Gameplay Emerges

Fuck you. I'm so sick of this annoying, garbage arcade bullshit. Need for Speed has sucked since the early 2000s. Bring back High Stakes and Porsche Unleashed gameplay, and maybe I'll consider going back. Every single NFS since then has been horrid.

Fuck that. Insterstate '76 still has the best driving physics of any game to date. I so fucking hate Actiblizz for just sitting on this property.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Warhammer Quest
3. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Warhammer Quest Jan 7, 2015, 16:25 Cutter

grudgebearer wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 14:58:
This is a port of the iOS game that was terribly monetized. New characters cost money...missions cost money...skill slots cost money...equipment for your characters cost money...

Wow, makes you wonder why they even bother.

5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 7, 2015, 14:54 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 14:13:
Compilations of cut scenes are pretty obviously violations, but I'm not sure that let's play vids would be. Due to the interactive element, each person creates a unique instance, so it's not like posting a copy of a song or movie.

That's still no different from sampling music. They're using someone else's property to enrich themselves. That's a licensing issue, plain and simple.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Warhammer Quest
1. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Warhammer Quest Jan 7, 2015, 14:52 Cutter

Wow, lots of scathing reviews. Too bad.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2015, 13:58 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 13:42:
BobBob wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 10:48:
http://tinyurl.com/o3twvno Thumbsup

You know Bob, some of us live in nicer places than you do, but we don't feel the need to rub people's noses in it.

Bob's just teasing those of us who gripe about the winter weather, and fair play. Like I've always said, I'll bitch about winter because I hate the cold, but I never complain about the heat. I'll always take it where I can get it. If I was living in the US you could be damn sure I'd be living in New Mexico, Arizona, or So Cal somewheres. Hell, I'd be living in the southernmost points of Texas or Florida if it weren't for the fact they were Texas and Florida. In my last life I must have been a lizard in a desert somewhere.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2015, 13:54 Cutter

What are the odds that Marla, if she were her own individual person and not a figment of Jack’s imagination, would choose to use the word’s “She’s infectious human waste!” to describe herself in the third person when we know that Jack and Tyler literally use infectious human waste to make soap. This is a deliberate connection the director was trying to make.

This is why Tyler is wearing rubber gloves when he has sex with Marla.

Wrong. They were using human fat, not infectious waste. Fat makes the best soap - tallow, lard, etc. And Durden was wearing only one glove symbolizing it was something very kinky.

That whole piece was really reaching and wrong on most points, though he did have some interesting takes on a few things. Still, that's just another one of those 'someone has way too much time on their hands and smokes way too much weed' articles.

Michael Douglas is Hanky Pym. Just check the IMDB credits. Does the prospect of this film make you happy Ant?

""The Earth is slowing down a little bit," said Nick Stamatakos, the chief of Earth Orientation Parameters at the US Naval Observatory."

The earth is slowing down! Ahhh! Game over man! Game over! We're all gonna' fly off into space!

And yeah, that knife thrower was insanely bad. Did they just grab some bum off the street and ask him if he wanted to make a few bucks?

3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 7, 2015, 13:25 Cutter

If you make money off someone else's work than yes, you owe them money. It's not rocket surgery.

Ahh Canpire, do as I say and not as I do, huh?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 7, 2015, 13:19 Cutter

Four hours isn't a medical problem, it's a scheduling issue.

News Comments > Daedalic & Funatics Team Up
2. Re: Daedalic & Funatics Team Up Jan 7, 2015, 13:17 Cutter

Funatics would be an awesome name for a band.

20098 Comments. 1005 pages. Viewing page 39.
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo