Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 23078 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic - Knights of the Fallen Empire Launches
7. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic - Knights of the Fallen Empire Launches Oct 28, 2015, 01:39 Cutter

Do you have to buy it or what?

“There is no such thing as a weird human being. It’s just that some people require more understanding than others.” - Tom Robbins
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > No Man's Sky in June
30. Re: No Man's Sky in June Oct 27, 2015, 22:40 Cutter

This game is a one trick pony. All variations on a theme. Resources for what? Treasure for what? Battles over what? Where and what is the actual game? This game will be 'neat' for a few hours. And after you see it's all just the same thing over and over again that'll be that. Mark these words well.

“There is no such thing as a weird human being. It’s just that some people require more understanding than others.” - Tom Robbins

News Comments > The Park Released
17. Re: The Park Released Oct 27, 2015, 22:36 Cutter

gravity wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 14:04:
Cutter wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 13:45:
I can't stand horror games where your only option is run and hide. Which really amounts to learn the monster's patterns and respond to them. Games like SOMA and Alien would be way better if you could interact with the environment and craft items to fight back with. Trying to avoid the monsters is intense enough but just being a victim the entire time is frustrating and monotonous. It's a shame because the environments in those games are otherwise fantastic.

Alien - There was no pattern (none discernable, at least). That fucker was insanely well designed.

SOMA - I didn't really see a pattern here either, but it was definitely easier to work out how to circumvent them in some way.

Oh sure there was in AI. That's why I ended up ragequitting that fucking game. So, as long as I stay hidden in this locker in the medbay the alien isn't going anywhere except stomping around. You're forced to sneak out of the area without getting caught. And that is learning how he moves around. That's weak sauce. All these games are the same in this regard.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
66. removed Oct 27, 2015, 22:29 Cutter

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Oct 28, 2015, 08:01.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation - The Collection Released
10. Re: Alien: Isolation - The Collection Released Oct 27, 2015, 21:24 Cutter

Artwork was amazeballs. Gameplay was suckballs. One of the few games I ended up ragequitting with no intention of ever returning to. Complete waste of money.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition Released
3. Re: Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition Released Oct 27, 2015, 21:22 Cutter

Yeah, I couldn't do it I think. I still haven't finished the first run through thought I'm close to the end. I love the TB combat, the visuals and stuff, but the game itself is sort of meh. The writing isn't bad, but it's not very good. And it's so easy to lose focus with maps that are so large and take so long to get around even with the teleporters. It's one of those games that's really difficult to get back into when you step away from it for a time because you're it gives you that 'what the hell is going on?' feeling? And there's no way you're inclined to restart it. For my money, Divinity II was the best one they made. A lot more fun, much tighter and more focused. This one seams to meander all over. Enh.

29. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2015, 13:56 Cutter

Kxmode wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 13:47:
It’s official: Bacon, hot dogs, other processed red meat cause cancer.

It's true! Whenever you ingest meat the body sees it as a harmful substance and immediately goes to work attacking it. Our bodies were designed to consumed vegetables which is why you never saw anyone get sick from consuming them. I'm not referring to contaminated veggies by the way. However, and no offense to those of you who aren't religious, but in the Bible it says after the flood God gave Noah permission to eat the meat of animals blood free. That permission wasn't a ticket for Noah to gorge himself on meat. It was to be done in moderation. Perhaps God realized the human body could no longer produce vitamins and minerals from planets and needed meat as a substitute. Anyhow, my point is we consume way too much meat today. Organic bacon, hot dogs and red meats are fine as long as they are consumed in moderation. If you live a vegetarian/vegan lifestyle that's not healthy either. Not eating ANY meat can lead to all kinds of health issues like B12 deficiency; otherwise known as hypocobalaminemia.

Are you high atm? That's just so deeply flawed on so many levels I wouldn't even know where to begin. Suffice it to say we're omnivores because its the best evolutionary trait to possess. Invisible sky wizards have nothing to do with it.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
5. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 27, 2015, 13:49 Cutter

Hyatus wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 11:59:
Cutter wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 11:43:
Sounds more like an inside job from one of the SJWs.

I'm with you on questioning the credibility of the threats, but there is nothing here that supports any notion that it was an 'inside job.' The FBI isn't going to spend time tracking down anonymous internet threats to a gaming convention panel, and it's far easier and cheaper for SXSW to just cancel the panel than have to deal with this.

Oh sure they will, and do. It's part of their mandate - and anything that nets them terrorist related headlines only nets them more power and money. Hell, there was a bomb threat at one of the university's here last week and they shut the school down. Turns out it was a 16 year old punk - and he was found by the FBI helping the local fuzz. I'm pretty sure that all such threats, in fact, have to be investigated now.

News Comments > The Park Released
7. Re: The Park Released Oct 27, 2015, 13:45 Cutter

I can't stand horror games where your only option is run and hide. Which really amounts to learn the monster's patterns and respond to them. Games like SOMA and Alien would be way better if you could interact with the environment and craft items to fight back with. Trying to avoid the monsters is intense enough but just being a victim the entire time is frustrating and monotonous. It's a shame because the environments in those games are otherwise fantastic.  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2015, 12:26 Cutter

Report: Clickbait titles found in large percentage of online rags.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2015, 12:22 Cutter

InBlack wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 10:23:
I take it "Only Fools and Horses" was never really that popular in the States. One of my favorite character from the show was called Trigger.

Roy Rogers horse was named Trigger, so that's where popularity of that moniker came from in the US.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 27, 2015, 12:12 Cutter

Because the US and UK are almost defacto Big Brother states and Germany is not? Talk about irony. Makes you wonder why they ever fought WWII to begin with.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 27, 2015, 11:43 Cutter

Really? Are people that cowardly now? Someone writes an anonymous email and the world has to shut down? How credible are these threats? Is the FBI involved? Sounds more like an inside job from one of the SJWs.

News Comments > Cobalt Delayed
1. Re: Cobalt Delayed Oct 26, 2015, 22:02 Cutter

Fucking lol! Money well spent, eh Microsoft? Fucking morons! Hahahaha!

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 26, 2015, 19:28 Cutter

Uh because regardless of the bullshit gadgets they produce that the sheeple like people don't like pricks like Jobs when it comes down to it.

News Comments > Evening Previews
1. Re: Evening Previews Oct 26, 2015, 19:25 Cutter

Yeah, don't have a whole lot of faith in this game but I admit that the weather shown there looks nice. And the idea of wandering around NYC in a quasi-Omega man fashion is appealing. I'd still rather see a full on Omega Man game however. Rockstar would be natch for that.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 26, 2015, 19:22 Cutter

Dragon's Lair: The Scam more like. That game was the biggest ripoff.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Preload Plans
2. Re: Fallout 4 Preload Plans Oct 26, 2015, 19:20 Cutter

And where would like that full load?
Biker

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
11. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 26, 2015, 13:43 Cutter

InBlack wrote on Oct 26, 2015, 12:30:
I can play football (soccer) but I can't play it on the same level as Ronaldo or Messi. Same with any e-sports game. There is no way I can play those games on the level that I can watch pro teams going at it on twitch.

Sure you could. Play it for 8-12 hours a day and you could do it easily. Question is would you want to, which the answer is no. I don't care what the potential financial upside is I'd rather spend most of my life doing other things - traveling, eating and drinking well, having sex with actual females, etc.

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 Microtransactions Follow-up
9. Re: PAYDAY 2 Microtransactions Follow-up Oct 26, 2015, 13:40 Cutter

yonder wrote on Oct 26, 2015, 10:27:
Good to see they're still avoiding the actual issue.

Also... why the hell don't people understand how and when to use "myself"? It's really not that difficult.

Then again, this is a world where "zero" is the same as "no" so who am I to complain...

Zero means it doesn't exist. So zero chance of it happening is the exact same thing as saying, 'No, it won't happen.' How is that in anyway confusing?

23078 Comments. 1154 pages. Viewing page 38.
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo