Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Nashville, TN 02/27

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 20056 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

News Comments > Loading Human VR Video
3. Re: Loading Human VR Video Jan 6, 2015, 18:01 Cutter

Whoa! How amazing! The power of VR!!!

Lulz!

"We choose the right to be who we are. We know the difference between the reality of freedom and the illusion of freedom."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dirty Bomb Closed Beta Begins
1. Re: Dirty Bomb Closed Beta Begins Jan 6, 2015, 17:52 Cutter

Ultimate? Just like Brink? Fuckers have no shame.

"We choose the right to be who we are. We know the difference between the reality of freedom and the illusion of freedom."

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Film Dated
11. Re: Assassin's Creed Film Dated Jan 6, 2015, 16:22 Cutter

I'm tired of the same actors portraying multiple heroes from different properties. Hollywood is such a cesspool. What there are no original stories left or not enough different actors to fulfill all these roles? Where have all the flowers gone, long time passing?!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 6, 2015, 16:18 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 15:26:
Chocolate's health touters 'may have misunderstood local reality' of tribe.

Never realized those initial studies of "Chocolate is good for you" were funded by Mars Candies. You'd think that would be an important thing for the news media to mention.

Cocoa and chocolate are not the same thing. Mars makes candy bars. The Kuna tribe's low BP had more to do with their diet and non-sedentary lifestyle - no sugar, no salt, fresh foods, lots of exercise. I agree though. That's why whenever I see any of those "studies" I always want to see who's footing the bill first. Generally there's an agenda involved.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
17. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 6, 2015, 15:34 Cutter

A) The media needs to stop referring to it as free speech, it's protected speech. Apples and oranges.

B) I still disagree with the lifetime appointments. Yes, in principle in makes sense, in practice, not at all. Much like communism would be pretty groovy if it actually, really worked.

News Comments > Roll20 Virtual Tabletop
6. Re: Roll20 Virtual Tabletop Jan 6, 2015, 02:01 Cutter

commonperson wrote on Jan 5, 2015, 21:39:
Cutter wrote on Jan 5, 2015, 18:01:
Pretty cool, but the whole tiered free and premium crap leaves me cold. Just sell a complete damn product already. I'd still rather have a proper new NWN however, sigh.

You want some apples for those oranges? NWN is nothing at all like this, that's like saying "Well that's a nice boat but I want an airplane". This is a virtual table top for people to run games, the tiered product is so players can get the product without having to play and the GM can use the product.

Also it's basically in infinite trial period. My GM in Australia was running a game with people in North America and the UK for years didn't pay. I paid for the service because I wanted access to the locked out features like line of sight and lighting but if you are playing a role playing game like D&D none of that is even needed. The product is complete, they are just letting people try it out first.

I know you're the local curmudgeon Cutter but try and at least keep it vaguely related. When you pull NWN in to the equation you look like you are pulling at straws to come up with something to complain about.

Oh pleas, when will you trolls stop? Curmudgeon? How? Better go through my post history, scooter, because the positive far outweighs the negative. And I don't start the shit, I respond to it. People want to start fights, that's fine, I'll oblige them. If a game deserves criticism there's nothing surly about calling it as such. Sometimes, you just have to call a spade a spade, chief.

And obviously one of these things is not like the other. How long did it take for you to figure that out, sport? If you had half a brain, you'd understand what it was I was actually saying. I was PnPing before you were an accident in your mom.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Jan 5, 2015, 21:25 Cutter

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jan 5, 2015, 19:21:
Oh great, they're going to butcher GiTS.

I know. Someone like Kate Beckinsale would be far better for it. Scarjo? No. Just no.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 5, 2015, 21:24 Cutter

1badmf wrote on Jan 5, 2015, 18:23:
i think that dish article needs a post of its own. it's the game changer in cable packages - a la carte internet tv, $5 per extra channel of your choice. the chord cutters have won!

It's a start but still not right. No one even wants to pay for a basic package anymore and $5 a channel is too much. Just let people pick and choose the channels they want for buck a month. That's it right there. That's all people want. All I want is PBS, TCM, TVO, and Teletoon Retro. And I'd grab a sports channel during football season. I'd only pay $5 a month if it was commercial free.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Jan 5, 2015, 21:19 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jan 5, 2015, 19:19:
Cutter wrote on Jan 5, 2015, 18:03:
"The Marriott claims that the move is one only focused on protecting conference attendees from security threats, and isn't an attempt to force guests to use its own Wi-Fi network."

Rolleyes

Whenever I connect to wifi outside of my own home, I'm always concerned about whether or not I'm connecting to the correct network, or a hacker honeypot. So while I'm sure they're doing this primarily out of a profit motivation, it's not like the security issues is a non existent one.

It only applies to their meeting rooms and convention centers so it's purely profit driven. And why would you be concerned about connecting to a hacker honeypot. As long as you're not doing anything that requires a secure connection, what's the problem?

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jan 5, 2015, 18:14 Cutter

Well that was lame. I'd rather see a bunch of people in the newsroom freaking out, blasting massive rails and downing entire bottles of Jack and engaging in a bloodsoaked orgy to boot! Now that would be fitting for the end of the world.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 5, 2015, 18:10 Cutter

How the fuck is that not considered illegal wiretapping? Regardless of the technology changing the principle is the same, it's unreasonable search and seizure. Not only that they're dragneting everyone in the area who isn't even under investigation. Simply boggles the mind.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Jan 5, 2015, 18:03 Cutter

"The Marriott claims that the move is one only focused on protecting conference attendees from security threats, and isn't an attempt to force guests to use its own Wi-Fi network."

Rolleyes

News Comments > Roll20 Virtual Tabletop
1. Re: Roll20 Virtual Tabletop Jan 5, 2015, 18:01 Cutter

Pretty cool, but the whole tiered free and premium crap leaves me cold. Just sell a complete damn product already. I'd still rather have a proper new NWN however, sigh.

News Comments > Big Bad Wolf Boasts RPG Vets
1. Re: Big Bad Wolf Boasts RPG Vets Jan 5, 2015, 17:56 Cutter

So more terrible console action-CRPGs is what they're aiming for?

News Comments > Brian Reynolds' Alpha Centauri Shooter/RPG Dreams
1. Re: Brian Reynolds' Alpha Centauri Shooter/RPG Dreams Jan 5, 2015, 17:55 Cutter

Actually just shot Levine a message on FB that we need a new Freedom Force so he should get to work on doing a KS for it!

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 5, 2015, 14:36 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jan 5, 2015, 13:29:
Adult science nights in Regina combine education with bar service.

So you learn about science, but then forget everything by entering a drunken haze?

Ever been to Regina? It's a frozen shithole. Seriously, it's one of the coldest cities on earth. It may not be hell, but it's sure as shit purgatory. Getting drunk to forget how you ended up there is a small mercy.

News Comments > Far Cry Poll
21. Re: Far Cry Poll Jan 5, 2015, 14:31 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jan 5, 2015, 13:00:
Space! Set the game a few hundred years in the future where humanity has arrived at a Goldilocks planet in a nearby star system that is teeming with xenobiology. Lightly colonized, and light years from earth, it would be the wild west, with factions, dangerous aliens and plants, and completely open design options. It would be a breath of fresh air to have that style of game play set off planet.

Although dinos would also be cool.

That'd be a good way to go. Or, go backwards and do the Wild West. Honestly, it would basically be another RDR/spaghetti western. And that would be pretty effing sweet.

News Comments > Into the Stars Kickstarter
3. Re: Into the Stars Kickstarter Jan 5, 2015, 14:29 Cutter

A) Their resumes alone should make anyone avoid this like the plague.

B) This is solely about hiring one guy to do the music score for the game. What a complete and utter waste of time and money.

So yeah, that's a definite pass.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 5, 2015, 12:37 Cutter

Thank you US gubment for proving it was you and Sony all along.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 5, 2015, 12:22 Cutter

1) Never listen to anything George has to say.
2) A new Freedom Force would kick ass. Levine doing that is something I actually would back.

And a big HA HA to the Lions on that PI call. That's karma for that shit Suh pulled trying to cripple Rodgers. So fuck you very much Detroit!
Middlefinger

20056 Comments. 1003 pages. Viewing page 38.
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo