Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 16502 (Ninja)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

News Comments > Garry's Mod & Rust Have Each Earned > $30M
2. Re: Garry's Mod & Rust Have Each Earned > $30M Feb 22, 2014, 13:04 Cutter

Yeah, there's zero need for griefing in a game and it can be handled. Why would you give your money to devs who won't do that. Judging from all the downvotes and negative reviews on Steam there's a TON of buyer's remorse on this thing. Guess Garry is too busy with the coke and hookers to care.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Risen 3 Images Leaked?
8. Re: Risen 3 Images Leaked? Feb 22, 2014, 13:02 Cutter

Gothic 1/2 are still some of my fave games of all time. They were effing amazing. Man, did they ever drop the consistency ball after that.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

News Comments > Shadowrun: Dragonfall Beta Keys
5. Re: Shadowrun: Dragonfall Beta Keys Feb 22, 2014, 13:01 Cutter

Beta keys? But the release is next week. I just woke up but am I missing something here. *blink*

Oh yeah, been playing some use modules and if you haven't played Nightmare Harvest yet, give it a go. Incredibly well done.

Edit: Unh, got my key too but why is Blue saying it's a beta key? This is the release version for Friday.

This comment was edited on Feb 22, 2014, 13:12.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $39M; Procedural Generation Goal Announced
32. Re: Star Citizen Hits $39M; Procedural Generation Goal Announced Feb 22, 2014, 04:07 Cutter

Kosumo wrote on Feb 22, 2014, 01:36:
I thought the big selling point was the "Imagine Engine" where the render, gameplay, sound, server systems where all in your head?

Impressed by Elite:Dangerous? pfft Whatever, That game is miles behind on making a cool hangar.

pew pew, citizens, pew pew

(tbh - I'm truly starting to think that they don't know what they are doing. I think they should have stuck to the SQ42 plan then move onto SC as a new project after SQ42 was done. What they are doing now is just asking to turn into managment hell imho.)

That's exactly what all crowdfunded games should be doing. Whatever the basic plan was just get it done and out the door on time, on budget and in good shape. Then focus on the DLC/expansions/what have you. When, not if, but when a couple of these larger projects bomb you're going to see that come about. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $39M; Procedural Generation Goal Announced
19. Re: Star Citizen Hits $39M; Procedural Generation Goal Announced Feb 21, 2014, 23:20 Cutter

Tumbler wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 22:52:
As for Star Citizen, who knows, but I would guess it'll be as you say with a switch between the two, like loading areas or something.

I know, the answer is no. You will not be able to go from space to planet in one area. You'll have to load into the planet area and space area when you want to transition.

They've said they'd like to make this possible eventually but it's not planned currently.

Why not? No Man's Sky is doing it and that's 3 coders, 1 artist and almost no budget to speak of. That aside I have yet to see PG do anything interesting. It's all just the same thing with minor variations. Big whoop. Do you really want visit planets that are entirely or mostly empty? Even MMOs learned long ago that huge swaths of space with nothing to do in them aren't fun.

And you can't tell me these planets will be great places to explore with vast cities, completely full of autonomous citizens all doing their own thing. This is the problem with space games like this. Trade or fight or both but it gets repetitious quickly. That's why the idea to strive for is a Star Trek like game where there can be trade and combat, but also exploration, science and diplomacy - and I mean fully realized 3D, not just a 4X game.

This stretch goal sounds pretty boring and useless actually. It'd be far better to see the money going to crafting actual experiences for the player.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
15. Re: Shrugs for Silicon Valley Feb 21, 2014, 18:25 Cutter

NegaDeath wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 13:22:
Creston wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 12:57:
Christ, can that fucking jackass Davidoff whine any more? Last I checked, Silicon Valley hadn't caused the world's biggest market crash since the Great Depression, hadn't caused millions of people to lose their jobs (in the US alone), and hadn't wiped trillions of dollars from people's retirement plans / 401(k)s.

But no, EVIL SILICON VALLEY. LARRY PAGE MAKES MONEY. Shakefist

What a fucking cuntstool.

Nor does Silicon Valley screw around with the price of material goods to intentionally gouge producers and consumers for easy profit. I'd call his article an apples to oranges comparison but that's unfair to the fruit representing Wall Street. Apples to Intestinal parasites? Yeah that seems apt.

But according to soulless psychopaths like Beamer, fleecing the public is just good business. If you don't like it you must be a commie or something!!!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 21, 2014, 18:20 Cutter

Beamer wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 12:48:
Cutter wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 12:25:
I hope they sell 10 million PS4s there and not one Spybox. I want MS' stupid face rubbed in it so hard! 'Do you like that, Stevie? Do you? Huh?'

Ah, Cutter. In every post about Apple he talks about how buying Apple means you hate America, but then he says he wants everyone to ignore an American company and buy from a Japanese one.

And, I'm sure, he'll see no issue with this logic because both these devices are made in China, yet only one of them has created a fairly large amount of jobs in the US.

He claims his diatribes come from morals about manufacturing, but it's just his petty opinions on which companies take his hobbies most seriously.

Sony is a Japanese company so I really don't care what they do in Japan. I do care what North American companies do because that affects me directly. Sony employs 150k people domestically. Apple employs 50k - out of which 35,000 of those jobs are dead-end, PT CSR/retail jobs. And it says nothing of the trade imbalance, the taxes they don't pay and the subsidies they get. Right now it's estimated that every adult US taxpayer has subsidized Apple to the tune of about 50k per person. Nor does it say anything else about Apple abuses people around the world as well. But you go on being a corporate apologist for them. It's all your good for. Must be nice to live life without a soul or conscience.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Rambo The Video Game
22. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Rambo The Video Game Feb 21, 2014, 18:01 Cutter

SlimRam wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 17:43:
Cutter wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 13:30:
They forgot to ship this game with one thing....a good supply of body bags.
Spot on Sir! That was by far, the best post of the day!

Heh, thanks. But I was really hoping to start a cascade of quotes from Rambo with that one.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Rambo The Video Game
3. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Rambo The Video Game Feb 21, 2014, 13:30 Cutter

They forgot to ship this game with one thing....a good supply of body bags.

News Comments > Schafer Confirms Broken Age Act 2 Funded
5. Re: Schafer Confirms Broken Age Act 2 Funded Feb 21, 2014, 13:29 Cutter

What's wrong with hating Twitter? People should hate it.

And if you want to talk about KS clusterfucks just look at Shadowrun Online. Not only over a year late already they haven't even got a working game yet. And they knowingly couldn't make the game for 500k and had to go out and secure private funding - which they did no disclose at the time - so that's wire fraud right there. Surprised no one has sic'd the feds on them yet.

Yeah, crowdfunding is over.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 21, 2014, 13:22 Cutter

Well we actually got some rain that melted some snow last night, and we have some wet stuff coming down atm. While its supposed to hit 5C today, depressingly it's supposed to dip back down over the coming week and back to -11C by next Friday with more snow during the week. Sigh. I know winter isn't over yet, but I was kinda sorta hopin we were outta the woods at least. Fuck I hate February so much!

And good on that girl scout's mom. And boo on those mall cops. And boo on Jimmy Kimmel.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Feb 21, 2014, 12:28 Cutter

Telltale should do a Cheech and Chong game.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 21, 2014, 12:28 Cutter

Yeah, that's the problem when you put lawyers in charge of this stuff instead of scientists.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 21, 2014, 12:25 Cutter

I hope they sell 10 million PS4s there and not one Spybox. I want MS' stupid face rubbed in it so hard! 'Do you like that, Stevie? Do you? Huh?'

News Comments > Dark Souls II "Hollow Lullaby" Trailer
6. Re: Dark Souls II Feb 21, 2014, 12:23 Cutter

The hardest game you'll ever love? Sounds like a bad romcom.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - EvilQuest
5. Re: Steamships Ahoy - EvilQuest Feb 21, 2014, 12:21 Cutter

Gee, another 16 bit "retro" game. Sigh. Please, just stop. We had to play them back then. We didn't have a choice. Why would you want to drive a Model-T when you can zoom around in a McLaren F1?

News Comments > More Frequent Starbound Content Updates Coming
1. Re: More Frequent Starbound Content Updates Coming Feb 21, 2014, 12:19 Cutter

Good! Much as I like the game I regret doing the early access thing. I think it's a bad thing for developers that do well with it. Makes them slack and lose focus as the money rolls in. Imagine getting paid before you actually go and do work. You might lose some motivation when the money is already in the bank, right? They need to stay lean and focused. Eye of the Tiger, baby! Rocky learned that hard lesson!

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Feb 21, 2014, 02:26 Cutter

Of course. I used to be in Air Cadets for several years as a kid - was going to do the whole Air Force route but you know, things change - and one of my buddies was a black guy, Larry, who had family in NYC and his cuz was sending him tapes of this stuff called "rap" music, way before it ever hit the radios and such and we were down with it. Sugarhill Gang, Kool Moe Dee, Run DMC, Whodini, Grandmaster Flash, et al. good times....

News Comments > Evening Interviews
7. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 20, 2014, 21:31 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 20:01:
I don't need indie games to become huge. I just need them to get big enough such that they stop using 8 bit graphics all the damn time.

Yeah, I say we outlaw all these goddamned retro 8/16 bit games.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Feb 20, 2014, 18:16 Cutter

Ok, that was seriously awesome! Must have been just an immense amount of work to put that together however.

16502 Comments. 826 pages. Viewing page 38.
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo