Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 20704 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

News Comments > FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband
27. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 26, 2015, 19:52 Cutter

Zanthar wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 19:47:
Everything the government touches turns to shit and this will be no exception.

Try and be a bit more reactionary why don't you? Infrastructure, labour laws, foof and drug regulation, etc. - while all are far from perfect, they're a damn sight better than none at all. Or maybe you think life was better before all of that? Yes, I'm sure life was much better under the robber barons and other assorte tyrants.

"During times of universal deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband
24. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 26, 2015, 19:47 Cutter

It's a good start but doesn't go nearly far enough. The internet is too important to be left to the virtual monopolies. They had their kick at the can and they blew it. They've taken god knows how many billions in tax dollars that were granted to make things better and more affordable and simply blew it all on coke and hookers leaving the common man up shit creek without a paddle. Nationalize it. Everywhere. Make it a global utility.

Beyond municipalities no longer being hostage to monopolies will any of this really make a lick of difference? I'm sure the inevitable shitstorm to follow from the GOP corporate lackeys will do their utmost to undo all of this ASAP. If they can get a prez in next election it'll pretty much be guaranteed. Still, I wonder why Wheeler did this? Scrooged? Finally realized how important this really was and grew a conscience?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2015, 10:41 Cutter

"That's no moon!"

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer; AMAA
2. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer; AMAA Feb 25, 2015, 23:03 Cutter

Enh, I dunno about this one. Just not feeling it so far.

News Comments > Sid Meier's Starships Next Month
3. Re: Sid Meier's Starships Next Month Feb 25, 2015, 23:02 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 20:45:
Huh, that was fast. Seems like we just heard about this a month ago.

Well, it is a tablet game. Stiil, from watching Sid demo it it looks like a pretty good deal for $15.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 25, 2015, 22:50 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 20:34:
Comcast expects to close to Time Warner Cable deal in early 2015.

That's not even approved yet, is it? And all the comments the FCC put out for oppose this. Comcast's definition of "optimistic" sound more like "smoking crack" than "has a positive outlook."

Sounds like the fix is in.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Feb 25, 2015, 18:30 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 15:38:
Does Valve have a board? Or just a GabeN?

Just Gaben. Valve is a private company.

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Homeworld Remastered Collection
19. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Homeworld Remastered Collection Feb 25, 2015, 18:27 Cutter

Some of the missions were pretty poorly balanced. As I stated before I recall ragequitting more than once because I kep getting smoked on a certain mission. The overall ambiance made it worthwhile, the art, the design, the music, were all pretty stellar. I liked just watching ships flying around.

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Homeworld Remastered Collection
8. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Homeworld Remastered Collection Feb 25, 2015, 17:04 Cutter

It's good to see everyone is so positive about this. It reminds me of super positive Asian Roland Chang!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2015, 14:04 Cutter

Heh, soon as I started reading that Fight Club immediately popped into my head.

"Nine times out of ten it's an electric razor, but every once in a while...it's a dildo. Of course it's company policy never to, imply ownership in the event of a dildo. Always use the indefinite article a dildo, never your dildo."

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 25, 2015, 14:01 Cutter

Verno wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 20:04:
Cutter wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 18:44:
Um no Vern. Cheap upper management refusing to pony up the dough for real security is literally always the problem.

Having actually worked IT in my life, I will be the first to fault management where appropriate and for always cutting IT when profits dip. That said, its not 'literally always the problem', there are plenty of dysfunctional IT departments that are their own worst enemy and a big part of the job is doing well within budget constraints.

Target Canada didn't die because their management gutted IT either.

No, my point is poor management screws things up and they get rewarded regardless. I'm not talking about the rank and file IT guys who get abused all day longs, I'm talking about the CTO, Veeps, etc. Upper management types who are clueless or just regurgitating what was told to them and not listening to the rank and file on the front line who actually know what's going on.

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Collection Trailer & Mod Details
10. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collection Trailer & Mod Details Feb 24, 2015, 23:55 Cutter

I've liked the trailers...until now. And this is why you don't get a 20 year old to make a trailer targeting people who could almost be his parents. Yes, Sail = epic fail. All the 'splosions. This is not a Michael Bay film. Otherwise the visuals look sweet. There are so many classics that deserve this treatment. A company could get rich doing nothing else but this.

News Comments > GTA5 PC Delay
66. Re: GTA5 PC Delay Feb 24, 2015, 21:32 Cutter

wasteoid wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 16:58:
Cutter wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 14:11:
Mother...fucker.

Now I'm worried because this game sounds like an unfolding disaster. Ya really think 3 more weeks is going to make that much of a difference? Really? For realz yo? Cereal? Totes? Every logical fiber in my being tells me to cancel the pre-order, yet the GTA lover in me is all like 'Dudebro, been a long time since some GTA goodness, brah. It's all good in the hood, scro!' Arrrgh! Fuck a duck!

Agreed, less than a month of extra time doesn't seem like enough to make a difference.

How are breakfast food and luggage related to this? Also, women's undergarments, male genitalia, and bestiality.

What doesn't it have to do with it?! All that stuff is in the game! At the same time!
Stab

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor DLC Released
19. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor DLC Released Feb 24, 2015, 21:25 Cutter

I pretty much did everything there was in the main game and I have 36 hours clocked on that alone so I'm not complaining for the $26 I paid for the CE.

News Comments > Lionsgate & Telltale Partner on The Super Show
2. Re: Lionsgate & Telltale Partner on The Super Show Feb 24, 2015, 21:23 Cutter

Agreed. That's exactly what happened with TWAU and they were only working on one other game. I'm pretty much over their baely interactive TV games anyway, but if I ever do buy another it won't be until it's finished and on a deep discount.

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Feb 24, 2015, 21:19 Cutter

I took them to task over the censorship and the non-fanboys agreed with me, and the fanboys with them - obviously. I even stated that they could do whatever the hell they pleased on their forums but had no right to on Steam as far as I'm concerned - which is why I was posting there and not on their forums because it's pretty evident they're not fond of criticism. I don't want access back, I want my money back and they can take their shitty game back and fuck off for nothing while they're at it.

Why did I buy it? I was bored and looking for something. Didn't really grab anything on the Xmas sales this year - nothing I wanted, at least at the prices I was willing to pay. And there's still no great bargains on anything atm. And everything else seems to have been pushed back - e.g. GTA5, PE, etc. And I wanted to try a survival game that didn't have goddamned zombies. If they weren't such dicks I'd chalk it up to a write-off because we all know what we're getting into with EA, at least on the game side of it. If I had known, however, what kind of douchebags they were I obviously would have never bought it. It just really gets on my tits when those sorts of scumbags are making money like that.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Feb 24, 2015, 19:25 Cutter

Reminds me of something from Robot Chicken.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 24, 2015, 19:22 Cutter

PoE better kick ass after this year long delay.

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Feb 24, 2015, 19:18 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 19:03:
Cutter wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 18:45:
Same. They're an evil company too IMO so avoid them like the plaque. I'm trying to get my money back from those fuckers now. Just look at the neg reviews, they're spot on.

Also, why do you think they're evil? Because development seems to have ground to a halt?

No because they like to engage in censorship. They lock and delete posts all the time. I called them on it and got banned from the Steam forum for it. If it was their board I could have cared less, but Steam isn't their fucking property. And there are few things in this world that make me as irate as censorship. People are literally dying around the world right now for liberty. So when I see pricks like that doing that sort of thing I see red. Je suis Charlie and all that. I entirely agree with Voltaire's sentiments on the matter of free speech. I don't agree when Blue does it either, but it's house and his rules so I respect that.

There's far too many of these new devs out there doing this these days. Do they honestly think it won't come back to bite them in the ass? That's how you deal with paying customers? Fuck them and the horse they rode in on.

All that bullshit aside, that review you cited is spot on. The stylized look is really nice I'll grant them that much, but that's all it's got going for it. As a game? There's nothing there. All the maps are static so once you learn how to get around then it's just about grinding to say alive. However that's really it for me with EA titles though. Never again. Fool me once, blah blah blah.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Feb 24, 2015, 18:45 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 18:31:
Hey Cutter, you've been playing The Long Dark. Have they been making improvements, or has it been pretty static?

Also, is it procedural, or is the game world the same each time?

Same. They're an evil company too IMO so avoid them like the plaque. I'm trying to get my money back from those fuckers now. Just look at the neg reviews, they're spot on.

20704 Comments. 1036 pages. Viewing page 37.
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo