Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 17741 (Ninja)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black May 30, 2014, 19:09 Cutter

I bought the ASUS VG278HE 27" Widescreen 144Hz LCD Monitor - 1920 x 1080, 2ms(GtG), 50000000:1(ASCR) - HDMI, D-Sub and DVI-D in December and I'm pretty happy with it.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 30, 2014, 18:59 Cutter

Senate even losing money on haircuts

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization May 30, 2014, 18:46 Cutter

QFT....

Curious to know what "high costs, low sales" means in this context. Were they losing money on the plant, or just making a profit, but not *enough* of a profit to satisfy?

Yeah, I'd dearly love to know that as well.

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
2. Re: Evening Screenshots May 30, 2014, 18:24 Cutter

Yeah, they are. I really like the second shot with the exposed cockpit. Hhehehhehehe, hey Beavis he said cockpit.

And MR looks pretty effing nice too. Hey Artyom you crazy fucker!

News Comments > Evening Previews
1. Re: Evening Previews May 30, 2014, 18:22 Cutter

Sounds effing sweet.

News Comments > DCS: F-86F Sabre Announced
14. Re: DCS: F-86F Sabre Announced May 30, 2014, 18:17 Cutter

Task wrote on May 30, 2014, 17:56:
Ah man, no flyable Mig-15, my favorite aircraft of all time?

My fave Russian was the Mig-25 Foxbat. Fave US planes in order are 1. Corsair 2. Sabre 3. F-14 Tomcat.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
32. Re: Out of the Blue May 30, 2014, 18:13 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on May 30, 2014, 17:14:
I agree that education is absolutely vital and the USA does a terrible job of it. How is it up in Canada?

Generally it's pretty good except when the Conservatives get into power then they slash budgets for that sort of stuff - because how else can they give their rich pals yet even more tax breaks? So for the last few years there hasn't been much to speak of at all. All in all I'd say a larger percentage of Canucks likely eat healthier for a whole host of reasons, but it's not obesity is by any means scarce up here.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
11. Re: Gatherings & Competitions May 30, 2014, 15:16 Cutter

Well then I'm curious to see what he will bring to the table. Not that I watch Shit TV anyway but I'm sure there will be shortage of articles about it afterward.

23. Re: Out of the Blue May 30, 2014, 15:14 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on May 30, 2014, 14:37:
The solution:

1. Add a substantial sin tax to "foods" like chips, candy, and soda, much like we do with alcohol and tobacco to disincentivize consumption.

2. Use that money to subsidize healthier foods like fresh fruit and vegetables, whole grains, and legumes. This is especially important for poor people who make up a disproportionate number of the obese.

3. Ban all advertising of these products similar to tobacco.

4. Substantially increase funding for either governmental or charitable programs designed to encourage exercise and healthy eating.

While not perfect, a solution like this could reduce a substantial amount of the obesity and overweight people in this country, much like alcohol and tobacco consumption has come down substantially in the US over the past several decades.

1. Alcohol is good for you.

2. Problem there is so many people don't even have the basic life skills to understand what a good diet is, much less prepare healthy meals for themselves and/or others. Home Ec should be an ongoing process through grade school to the end of high school. As I recall it we had it for 2 years in grade 7 and 8. And the only thing I recall from it was learning how to make a tuna salad sandwich.

3. Yeah. Tobacco was easy. Taking on the Junk Food lobby would be impossible. Literally impossible with how those in congress are owned by those people and/or work for them - or will after leaving office.

4. In America people are accustomed to cheap, fast, and easy and that's how most of them want it. It never ceases to amaze me everytime I'm in the US how cheap junk/fast food is, and how available it is. We have McDs, Burger King, and a few other very minor chains. I go to the US and I'm seeing McDs, BK, Carls, Sonic, White Castle, Jack, KFC, Pizza Hut, and a slew more I'm forgetting as well as the regional chains.

And then there's portion sizes too. Every time I go to a Denny's or the like I'm getting enough food to feed an army. And with fast food it's cheaper to get all the largest sizes. Everytime I've watch Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives it's the same thing. You've got all the diners bragging about how big their portions are. As someone who worked in the resto industry a long time I was always bothered by the sheer volume of waste I see up here, and it's even worse down there.

Quite honestly I think this more part of a program to keep the masses fat, lazy, stupid and compliant. Bread and circuses, man.

22. Re: Out of the Blue May 30, 2014, 14:54 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on May 30, 2014, 13:56:
Yeah, I kind of want to know what Cutter said.

I think we're all aware by now what happens if you choose to poke the bear. The bear does not take such things lying down.

21. Re: Out of the Blue May 30, 2014, 14:52 Cutter

Earlyworm wrote on May 30, 2014, 11:27:
Study: Stop Being So Cynical, You Could Give Yourself Dementia.

You better watch out, Cutter

Middlefinger

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
9. Re: Gatherings & Competitions May 30, 2014, 14:49 Cutter

I know nothing about the man. Is he an avid gamer? Or will he just be speaking to broader industry trends? And why didn't he shitcan Smed ages ago?

News Comments > Pandora: First Contact on Steam; Free Expansion Added
6. Re: Pandora: First Contact on Steam; Free Expansion Added May 30, 2014, 14:48 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on May 30, 2014, 13:39:
Can we really NOT use "Pandora" for a fictional planet name with two major sci-fi IPs out there already using it?

Thanks

Which is exactly why they're using it.

15. removed May 30, 2014, 13:08 Cutter

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on May 30, 2014, 13:18.

11. Re: Out of the Blue May 30, 2014, 09:46 Cutter

nin wrote on May 30, 2014, 09:31:
InBlack wrote on May 30, 2014, 09:22:
So expensive toys for rich boys. I guess now we know what Balmer always wanted to be when he was a kid. Still that price tag is kind of inflated? Strange that a businessman wouldnt figure out that he got ripped off bigtime, maybe he thought that he was getting the LA Lakers...

"Bill! BILL! I own a basketball team! Do you own one, Bill? No, you don't! Stopping malarias great and all that, BUT I HAVE A TEAM!!!!!"

Paul Allen: Been there. Done that. Got the T-shirt.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Premium Beta Begins
7. Re: Elite: Dangerous Premium Beta Begins May 30, 2014, 09:42 Cutter

Do I really need to spell out that I'm not talking about a handful of rabid space game fanboys who'll give their eye teeth for a space game, but the vast majority of "normal" people. I don't know if you guys are multi-millionaires or live at home with your parents but for most of us with real life commitments and debts, then yes $150+ for a game is completely fucking absurd. As was discussed last night, even $60 is considered too much by most these days. Most people aren't even looking at games until they're hitting $30 and under.

News Comments > Morning Clickbait
1. Re: Morning Clickbait May 30, 2014, 09:30 Cutter

Clickbait.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 30, 2014, 09:23 Cutter

At least those "criminals" aren't creating clickbait titles for useless articles.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse May 30, 2014, 09:19 Cutter

Cut the cord.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews May 30, 2014, 09:17 Cutter

She has worked in the video game industry for 17 years and possesses a passion for the intersection of global cultures and media technologies. In her role, Edwards strives to ensure that video games are culturally sensitive in each region where they’re sold.

Oh good grief, Charlie Brown.
Rolleyes

17741 Comments. 888 pages. Viewing page 37.
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo