Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 20440 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
5. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Feb 7, 2015, 13:47 Cutter

ForgedReality wrote on Feb 7, 2015, 12:33:
Cutter wrote on Feb 7, 2015, 11:45:
Um, wtf Samsung? Not that I buy their shit anyway but that only helps reinforce why I don't want stuff from them and Apple to begin with.

Heh, QFT....

"I believe communications companies may have been having improper influence on this committee. I'd like to see their communications, meetings with company representatives, and any documents in their possession."

sigh ...

Tinfoil hat time, I guess.

The wording in the EULA is fairly obvious that it is only recording and transmitting things when the voice command is activated. It's saying, "we will transmit things you say directly to the TV in the context of a command, if you put personal information into the command, it may be transmitted", not "we will record passive conversations".

It's no different than google transmitting your search results to third parties, and I guarantee other manufacturers who make TVs with similar voice command features note a similar thing in their EULA.

It has the ability to pick up conversations and transmit it to third parties. That's cause for concern. There's nothing conspiratorial about it. And do you pay to use Google? No. Do you know Google already does this? Yes. So again, not the same thing. Not even close.

“That's it. You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!”
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Mighty Quest For Epic Loot Launches
3. Re: The Mighty Quest For Epic Loot Launches Feb 7, 2015, 13:43 Cutter

Booty time! Booty time! Across the USA!

“That's it. You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!”

News Comments > Star Citizen January Report; Funding Passes $72M
6. Re: Star Citizen January Report; Funding Passes $72M Feb 7, 2015, 13:41 Cutter

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 7, 2015, 12:41:
Lately I've been seeing this "Chimp level intelligence", every reference I've seen has always been way beyond that. So what online games do chimps play today? Where are they putting their money?

Seems reading between then lines it is just another way to say "if they don't have my view or ideals, somethings wrong with them".

Not so. It's not just an issue of perspective. Popular almost never equates to good. Take wine for example. Tasting is subjective but you still require a trained palate and a good amount of tasting behind you before you can really start to discern good from bad wine. Most people drink $10 plonk from the liquor store. They've never had a 20+ year old bottle of Bordeaux and therefore have no basis on which to compare 'good' vs. 'bad'. The same thing holds true for art, architecture, etc. There's a reason the expression 'half the people you meet are of below average intelligence' exists - some even estimate that to be as high as 75% of society below the median intelligence. So yes, there are a metric shit ton of actual dumb people out there, that's not being mean it's just a fact like death and taxes. In the case of Star Citizen I'd say it's more akin to the quotes ascribed to P.T. Barnum.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 7, 2015, 12:03 Cutter

Dachande wrote on Feb 7, 2015, 11:37:
I never eaten any spicy food until I moved from the UK to the USA, Mexican food is now my favorite. I never understand people that eat mild spicy food when you have the option to eat the core from the sun. It hurts like hell but at least you know you're alive, for a few minutes anyway.

Because some of us prefer to actually taste our food perhaps? What's the point in eating molten food when all you get is heat? There are other ways to get an endorphin rush without self-torture. Thanks but I'll take a nice T-bone or porterhouse Chicago or Florentine style and a luscious cabernet sauvignon any day of the week.

BTW what music do you listen to when you eat hot food? Donna Summer's Hot Stuff, or Buster Poindexter's cover of Feeling Hot?
Devil

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Feb 7, 2015, 11:51 Cutter

Prez wrote on Feb 7, 2015, 11:06:
Well if we still regard the US Constitution as law, the "surveillance egime" still is and always will be unlawful until the 4th Amendment is repealed. Get on it Congress!

Yes, but that would mean you're living in a country with an actual government of the people, for the people, by the people, and we both know that's not true - if it ever was.

"We choose the right to be who we are. We know the difference between the reality of freedom and the illusion of freedom. There is a way to live with the earth and a way not to live with the earth. We choose the way of earth. It's about power, Ray."

- Jimmy Looks Twice, Thunderheart

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
1. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Feb 7, 2015, 11:45 Cutter

Um, wtf Samsung? Not that I buy their shit anyway but that only helps reinforce why I don't want stuff from them and Apple to begin with.

Heh, QFT....

"I believe communications companies may have been having improper influence on this committee. I'd like to see their communications, meetings with company representatives, and any documents in their possession."

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
2. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 7, 2015, 11:41 Cutter

That was a good article on the farm equipment. I checked out the Hack Farm site and they have some pretty neato keen stuff.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
1. Re: Saturday Mobilization Feb 7, 2015, 11:26 Cutter

There's already better glass, it's called Dragontail. It's what my phone uses.

News Comments > Star Citizen January Report; Funding Passes $72M
1. Re: Star Citizen January Report; Funding Passes $72M Feb 7, 2015, 11:23 Cutter

I sill have a a *very* difficult time believing money can be coming in this consistently on a project that's delivered virtually nothing so far. Something isn't adding up here. I suppose only time will tell.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Feb 6, 2015, 20:34 Cutter

Did they actually ask that with a straight face? Because I can't believe for a second that they would. That IP is based solely on exploitation.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 6, 2015, 20:32 Cutter

And who cares what the labels keep? It's not my problem. The whole concept of work once get paid forever is beyond fucked up to begin with.

News Comments > Mortal Kombat X Trailer
1. Re: Mortal Kombat X Trailer Feb 6, 2015, 20:30 Cutter

Mortal wombat?

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 6, 2015, 20:28 Cutter

The authors' claim that Craigslist can drive infectious disease rates seems rather surprising, so we asked Roheeni Saxena of Columbia University's Mailman School of Public Health to look over the study. "Exploring the relationship between technology and epidemiology is important to understanding the spread of infection in a technology-driven world," Saxena told Ars. But she went on to say that the paper makes conclusions about causality that the data doesn't fully support: "The data does support the existence of some correlation between Craigslist introduction to a metropolitan area and an increase in HIV prevalence, but one of the central tenets of epidemiology is that correlation does not equal causation."

So then it's just a clickbait article isn't it?

QFT....

"FYI, this paper is *littered* with flaws and HIV experts are working on various responses.

As an example, the authors don't understand the difference between "incidence" and "prevalence," which is one of the most basic epidemiological concepts. Screwing this up, alone, is a major red flag.
If you look at their publication record, neither of the authors has any content expertise in health, epidemiology, or HIV/AIDS most specifically.

This is a stellar example of what happens when folks with cookbook statistical prowess wade into a completely foreign content area. "

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 6, 2015, 20:22 Cutter

Well shah. They're Looking Glass. Those guys have made some of the best games ever. Regardless, I'm still not sold on this and will be waiting to see what they deliver.

News Comments > etc.
18. Re: etc. Feb 6, 2015, 17:13 Cutter

Verno wrote on Feb 6, 2015, 15:30:
I've never really had an issue with Steam Support, the few tickets I've had were answered within a business day and resolved without issue.

Greenmangaming's support on the other hand is terrible. They tried to screw me on a refund (their fault) which took 8 back and forths to resolve. It only ended in my favor because I refused to accept their BS reasoning and threatened a chargeback and complaint to their payment processor. That was a real wake up call to the price of cheap games there.

Weird, I've had nothing but good experiences with GMG. Once I cancelled a pre-purchase because they stated the keys wouldn't be coming until launch day - so no chance of a preload - I cancelled and got a refund no problem. And there were one or two other things over the years, both resolved quickly and to my satisfaction. I'm on the side of saying Steam support sucks however.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2015, 13:43 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Feb 6, 2015, 13:02:
Cutter wrote on Feb 6, 2015, 11:32:
February is coming in like a mofo. Forecast for the next 14 days is a ton of snow and cold as a witch's teet! Fuck I hate February so goddamned much! I think next year I'm going to see if I can't dissapear for the entire month. Mebbe rent a sailboat and cruise the Caribbean. Hit the BVIs, Bahamas, etc. and drink pirate amounts of rum.

Bobbob invites you to live with him in SoCal. If you ask nicely he'll probably even sponsor your visa.

Fingerscrossed

I've always wanted to hang out in Oxnard - simply because I like saying Oxnard. It's almost like saying Ox nads.

News Comments > etc.
13. Re: etc. Feb 6, 2015, 13:42 Cutter

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 6, 2015, 11:41:
Cutter wrote on Feb 6, 2015, 11:28:
Sounds like that's about right for most EA customers, which is why I avoid 99% of EA games. So it works out for both of us.

But do you really avoid 99%. How many did you play this past year?

I played DAI and that's it. I don't play BF, Sims, their sports games, their MMOs, just what Bioware makes. Even then I waited for deep discounts on most of their stuff. In fact DAI and the first Mass Effect are the only two games I bought day one over the last 5 or so years. So yeah. I wasn't exaggerating.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Rogue Eye Tracking
11. Re: Assassin's Creed Rogue Eye Tracking Feb 6, 2015, 13:33 Cutter

This sounds more like something that exists solely to benefit publishers so they can data-mine what people are looking at and use it for sales later on. I see zero point to this - especially at $200. $200 are you effing kidding me? What's next anus tracking? See how many times your average gamer clenches his anus over the course of a play session?

News Comments > Victor Vran This Summer
1. Re: Victor Vran This Summer Feb 6, 2015, 11:34 Cutter

Seriously? The guy looks like some douchebag from a 90s boy band.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2015, 11:32 Cutter

February is coming in like a mofo. Forecast for the next 14 days is a ton of snow and cold as a witch's teet! Fuck I hate February so goddamned much! I think next year I'm going to see if I can't dissapear for the entire month. Mebbe rent a sailboat and cruise the Caribbean. Hit the BVIs, Bahamas, etc. and drink pirate amounts of rum.

20440 Comments. 1022 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo