Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 17740 (Ninja)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 2, 2014, 15:21 Cutter

Blue wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 13:21:
Cutter wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 11:33:
"Sleep-away camp"? That's a strange expression, Bruce. I mean doesn't going to "camp" imply you're going to be sleeping away from home to begin with? I'm familiar with day-camp which distinguishes itself by letting you know there will be no sleeping away from home. But if someone tells you they're going camping or 'to camp', don't you already infer they'll be sleeping away?

The things you focus on never cease to amaze me.

Says the guy obsessed with weird number combinations.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
7. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jun 2, 2014, 15:19 Cutter

Frags4Fun wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 09:19:
This country just keeps getting more and more freedom. Wave those flags and chant, "USA, USA, USA!".

Don't forget to drink Bud and shoot your guns in the air too!

Gawd bles, 'Murica!

News Comments > Homefront: The Revolution Announced
37. Re: Homefront: The Revolution Announced Jun 2, 2014, 15:17 Cutter

Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 13:20:
Yup, and Germany was too poor after WWI to possibly be a threat. Oh, wait.

Apples and oranges. Those scenarios are worlds apart.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 2, 2014, 11:33 Cutter

"Sleep-away camp"? That's a strange expression, Bruce. I mean doesn't going to "camp" imply you're going to be sleeping away from home to begin with? I'm familiar with day-camp which distinguishes itself by letting you know there will be no sleeping away from home. But if someone tells you they're going camping or 'to camp', don't you already infer they'll be sleeping away?

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 2, 2014, 11:30 Cutter

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 09:42:
The 60 Minutes story on the F-35 last night was a repeat story (as all their stories will be until the summer is over). $124-156 million a piece depending on the model, and they want to buy 2400 of them. The current $165 billion overage, will be a drop in the bucket by the time it's all over. Currently the projected expenditure over the life of the program is in excess of $1 trillion. I figure you could safely bet on at least double that by the end.

And they need 2400 of them why? Man, I sure would love to be involved in the MIC in the US. Just a never ending rape of the taxpayers.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 2, 2014, 11:10 Cutter

That printing blood vessels is hella cool. Won't mean anything if people can't afford the surgery however.

News Comments > Homefront: The Revolution Announced
16. Re: Homefront: The Revolution Announced Jun 2, 2014, 11:02 Cutter

Even with make believe there's just stretching it past the point of incredulity. Yeah, a nation of people so badly off they eat dirt suddenly turns it all around and conquers the world. Uh huh. Yeah. Sure.

I'm sure all the right-wing extremist, open carry gun nuts will be fapping furiously over this however. 'See! See what will happen if we're not allowed to walk around with assault rifles!'

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 1, 2014, 21:42 Cutter

Is Bewkes really that out of touch? Wow.

Well thanks for letting the fucking genie out of the bottle, fucking Netshits.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Jun 1, 2014, 21:33 Cutter

Artyom, you crazy fucker!

News Comments > WildStar Head Start Underway
14. Re: WildStar Head Start Underway Jun 1, 2014, 21:29 Cutter

And in another 6 months this and ESO will be F2P so save your money. Even if this was F2P I really have no desire for WoW in space. I can't imagine this thing not tanking hard as a 60/15 game.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 1, 2014, 16:15 Cutter

PHJF wrote on Jun 1, 2014, 11:07:
Fresh basil? Tis the season for bruschetta, after all.

I do grow it but don't use it a ton. Never been a big basil fan. My gotos are rosemary, thyme, oregano, parsley and chives. I use rosemary in so many things. And I love making omelets with thyme and chives. Big fan of the omelet. Use a fair amount of spices in stuff too. Want to really up your mashed taters? Add some cumin to them. Good times.

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
49. Re: Saturday Interviews Jun 1, 2014, 10:12 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jun 1, 2014, 03:57:
Cutter wrote on Jun 1, 2014, 00:05:
Clearly you've never worked in Hospitality where it's the exact opposite of that. Tourism, cosmetics, teaching, nursing, accounting, et al. are all female dominated. There are plenty of places where they have more opportunity, make more money, etc.
And all of which have lower salaries on average despite requiring the same cognitive abilities and education as similar male dominated jobs that pay much more.

So what was the complaint again exactly? That a woman steel worker wbo physically can't compete with a male should be considered and paid the same? Ummmmmmm no.
The steel industry is completely automated these days, so, yeah, I would expect a woman to make an equal salary. You don't need a man's strength to push buttons and pull levers.

Hogwash sir! Most of those women make great bank. And there's still a ton of physical work in the trades. Men and women are not equal so to treat them as such when they're clearly not is called what, class? COMMUNISM!

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 1, 2014, 10:08 Cutter

Fucking squirrels got into my herb garden. Grrr! What the shit are they digging for?

34. Re: Saturday Interviews Jun 1, 2014, 00:05 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on May 31, 2014, 23:33:
1. Sexism is a huge issue in the world, even in "civilized" and "liberal" countries like the US. Women have fewer opportunities, women make much less money for equivalent positions, misogyny in the workplace, culture, etc. is still pretty rampant.

Clearly you've never worked in Hospitality where it's the exact opposite of that. Tourism, cosmetics, teaching, nursing, accounting, et al. are all female dominated. There are plenty of places where they have more opportunity, make more money, etc. So what was the complaint again exactly? That a woman steel worker wbo physically can't compete with a male should be considered and paid the same? Ummmmmmm no.

9. Re: Out of the Blue May 31, 2014, 15:30 Cutter

Like Bats said the city deals with that stuff, not the police. You guys need to learn how to use the city to take care of that sort of stuff. That's why they have enforcement officers and all those bylaws.

I had two neighbors 1 good, 1 bad. And of course the bad one's friends were always parking in front of my house instead of theirs or the church parking lot. I spoke to them nicely about they didn't care, so every time a vehicle was there I'd call Parking Enforcement and get said vehicle ticketed. After several of their friends were ticketed several times they learned and didn't park in front of my house anymore.

Had a problem with their dog crapping on my lawn too. Again, tried to be the nice guy to no avail. So then I told them next time I'd be calling animal control and taking them to court. Had my lawyer draft up a letter to that effect and delivered it to them myself. No more problems after that. People tend to really sit up and pay attention when it gets to that point. I've always found that if you have bad neighbors who are selfish and irresponsible then they can be made to be better neighbors simply by using the system.

With your neighbor's tree that would fall under nuisance law. So consult with bylaw enforcement. Worse comes to worse you may have to consult with a lawyer and maybe go to small claims. Whilst it's a pain in the ass and costs you a few dollars the upside is your neighbors learn that you're not a person to fuck with. So when you talk to them in future about any other problems they'll take it seriously.

News Comments > Next Car Game Trailer
3. Re: Next Car Game Trailer May 31, 2014, 15:11 Cutter

Seems to be a big discrepancy between the wheel and the game. Look how far they're wailing the wheel around and how little the car actually turns.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
3. Re: Saturday Metaverse May 31, 2014, 15:08 Cutter

Doesn't matter what they do because pricks like TW, Comcast, et al. will just re-classify that as their minimum...that you can get "up to".

'Enjoy Comcast's entry level broadband! Up to 10Mbps!!!'

And of course you'd be lucky to actually get half of that. So while Congress and the FTC play these stupid games America keeps falling further and further behind.

1. Re: Out of the Blue May 31, 2014, 11:34 Cutter

Ans that's why they say good fences make good neighbors.

1. Re: Saturday Interviews May 31, 2014, 11:32 Cutter

Was there one weird little trick to it?

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black May 30, 2014, 19:09 Cutter

I bought the ASUS VG278HE 27" Widescreen 144Hz LCD Monitor - 1920 x 1080, 2ms(GtG), 50000000:1(ASCR) - HDMI, D-Sub and DVI-D in December and I'm pretty happy with it.

17740 Comments. 887 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo