Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 16515 (Ninja)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > ESO Beta Expanding
1. Re: ESO Beta Expanding Feb 25, 2014, 18:32 Cutter

I had to do some touch up paint work the other day and watching that paint dry was oodles more fun than ESO.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Blizzard Confirms Paid WoW Leveling
1. Re: Blizzard Confirms Paid WoW Leveling Feb 25, 2014, 18:30 Cutter

I so fucking hate Actiblizz now. It actually makes me froth up black bile from the pits of Hell when I even think about them. If Bobby Nodick died of hemorrhoids tomorrow I'd break out the champagne.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

News Comments > EndWar Online Alpha Testing This Week
2. Re: EndWar Online Alpha Testing This Week Feb 25, 2014, 10:56 Cutter

Well, they seem to think so.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Feb 25, 2014, 10:54 Cutter

Yeah, it's Thief Derpsolution alright. It's Dishonored meets The Crow - though not as cool. All the paths are laid out very obviously for if you want to go stealthy or assassin. You have derp vision. You can't jump, can't fall off ledges, beams, etc. In short it's impossible to fuck up in this regard. And there are always and only 2 correct paths to take. The writing is cheese. You're fighting off something known as "The Gloom"!!! Sigh. Cereal? It's a Monty Haul campaign to boot. So far the world is devoid of any interesting people to interact with. The environmental art is fitting, I'll give it that much however.

It's pretty much what I expected and said yesterday. If you're a console player this is exactly what you'll be expecting and you won't be disappointed. Those PC gamers of the old school familiar with the originals won't be happy. It's not terrible, but you can very safely wait for the bargain bin on this one. And I suspect that won't be overlong in coming.

I'm far more looking forward to the Shadowrun Berlin campaign this Friday and you should be too.

Edit: Oh yeah, and the game is a fucking pig to run. Even on high - not ultra - and it set to 144Hz refresh rate - which my monitor supports - my quad core 3.2gh/4gigs RAM, and 3 gig Sapphire 7950 only averages 31fps on the benchmark test in-game. I've had to drop some settings - like shadows and aniso - down to avoid noticeable stuttering in parts.

This comment was edited on Feb 25, 2014, 10:59.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2014, 10:43 Cutter

I'm surprised only one person so far is suing over those roadblocks. I'd be suing!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 25, 2014, 10:21 Cutter

Wow, a whole million dollars. How generous. How about those motherfuckers start paying the billions they owe in taxes instead.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 25, 2014, 10:18 Cutter

Mebbe this Comcast/Netflix thing will be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 25, 2014, 10:15 Cutter

Wow, really? Elop? Seriously?

And....

Instead, Larson-Green is taking on a new role: she's becoming the Chief Experience Officer for the company's Applications and Services group, managing the look and feel of products like Bing, Office, and Skype.

First. Chief Experience Officer? Wow really? Seriously? Hey everyone Deanna Troi is back! And second, yeah that's a good role for her. I mean, seeing how well Windows 8 is doing an all.

Lol @ MS! They are just not getting it. If Google can provide a better desktop OS then MS is pretty much over within the next decade.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Beta Update - More Backer Access
4. Re: Wasteland 2 Beta Update - More Backer Access Feb 25, 2014, 10:07 Cutter

This pay to beta shit pisses me off however. I expect that sort of shite from EA and Actiblizz, not Fargo and co. Not to mention how much time they're wasting on promoting this. It's no wonder it's nearly a year behind at this point. They need to buckle down, focus, and finish it already.

News Comments > Morning Previews
1. Re: Morning Previews Feb 25, 2014, 10:04 Cutter

Will this be better than Rome II?

News Comments > PC Deus Ex: The Fall Next Month
9. Re: PC Deus Ex: The Fall Next Month Feb 25, 2014, 10:02 Cutter

Derp.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
31. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 24, 2014, 23:57 Cutter

I guess we'll never know if people like Axis and Max are just nothing but trolls or really that delusional and stupid. Either way, what a waste of life.

News Comments > THIEF Reviews
73. Re: THIEF Reviews Feb 24, 2014, 19:08 Cutter

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 17:59:
It sounds like TB is getting a lot of criticism for his Thief video. He just posted this on his channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpmeOB0Zyu0

That was a long, needless ramble. He could have said 'hate the player, don't hate the game' instead. Anyway, like every other reviewer he's right on some stuff and wrong on others. Reviewers should always have a disclaimer at the beginning of a review when it comes to storied franchises. Whether they have any experience with the originals or not and if they do, whether they loved them or not.

He admits he has no real experience with the originals. So as a console gamer seeing a title that was designed with the console-gamer in mind then obviously console-games with little to no real Thief experience will probably enjoy it because it's what they're accustomed to. PC gamers with a history of the originals likely will not. 'Nuff said.

Were this not part of the AMD promotion there's no way in hell I'd be buying it - at least until next Xmas when it's on for $5.

News Comments > Evening Previews
5. Re: Evening Previews Feb 24, 2014, 19:01 Cutter

I want that German version of Boom Boom however.

News Comments > Steam Video Capture Utility
10. Re: Steam Video Capture Utility Feb 24, 2014, 19:00 Cutter

No Blue, this does sound like it's by Valve and part of the Steam platform. Retitle it 'LiteCam Video Capture Utility Available On Steam' and it's an entirely different ball of wax.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Delayed to Spring
9. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Delayed to Spring Feb 24, 2014, 18:19 Cutter

Mad Max RW wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 16:03:
Cutter is speaking from his years of experience in software development, of course.

Yeah, I worked for over a decade in games and proprietary software - including 2 years at EA. What's your history, sport? Oh right, nothing. So shut up.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Feb 24, 2014, 18:16 Cutter

Always a big fan of Harold. RIP!

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 24, 2014, 18:12 Cutter

Correct IP doesn't mean squat. Unless they can prove that you personally actually downloaded something illegally they haven't got a leg to stand on. IPs and MAC addresses are easily spoofed, and who's to say who's had access to your PC anyway. Mostly it's just common sense that judgements should be in line with the actual product cost. That sort of bullshit in the US where a $1 song results in a $70,000 fine is utter insanity. Imagine if your kid shoplifted a chocolate bar and they fined you $70 grand for it. Just shows you who really controls the justice system in the US.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 24, 2014, 18:04 Cutter

Yeah, because less competition always leads to better prices and service for consumers. What is that bitch smoking? Rolleyes

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 24, 2014, 18:00 Cutter

DangerDog wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 17:32:
40GB for Titanfall? It doesn't even have any singleplayer campaign, why is it so big?

That's what she said! POW!

16515 Comments. 826 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo