Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 17740 (Ninja)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

News Comments > Dying Light E3 Trailer
2. Re: Dying Light E3 Trailer Jun 4, 2014, 13:19 Cutter

I'm going rage against this!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2014, 13:18 Cutter

Ambivert? I like that word. I'm going to drop that in conversation several times this week. Probably because I'm an ambivert.

And yikes, the Mountain is 7 foot and 420lbs? Damn! He probably didn't kill the children so much as he ate them.

And I don't ever recall dreaming about waking up or flying I generally do have very vivid dreams.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 4, 2014, 12:31 Cutter

Fucking lawyers get 15 mil. EA has made hundreds of millions off this. And the players get $48. Just wow. What an insane justice system.

And tell me again why companies like Comcast shouldn't be regulated?

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 4, 2014, 12:25 Cutter

A) Hipsters are douchebags.

B) Most people don't like being spied on surreptitiously. At least with a cell or camera you have to point it at me.

C) If they're not going to display any courtesy in the first place then fuck them. I'm not going to talk them because it would be a complete waste of breath and time. If you don't understand that its wrong to spy on people then someone having a little chat with you about it isn't going to change anything because you're a pervy douchebag.

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Released
43. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Released Jun 4, 2014, 12:12 Cutter

WaltC wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 09:41:
And please, can we stop calling it "hate"? That is *so-o-o-ooo* hackneyed and worn. "Skepticism, doubt, mistrust, criticism," etc., are all much better words than "hate," which is really almost never the case from anyone, it seems to me. For instance, people who don't like Apple products don't hate them, they just don't like them as a matter of personal preference when compared to other products, etc.

Actually yeah, some of us do hate Apple. Not dislike, mistrust, et al., but hate them. Yeah I'm sure of it. I hate them.

And most of the mistrust with Roberts is about several things, whether he can actually deliver the complete package - and in a reasonable amount of time. And if he's going to screw people on the MP portion of the game by turning it into a P2W MMO - which I still strongly suspect he's going to.

33. Re: Why Solar Roadways Won't Work Jun 3, 2014, 19:08 Cutter

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 18:09:
3 things

1) Putting solar panels on parking space is like putting a coffee-maker that needs virgin blood on the moon. You park during day on parking spaces, you may also park during night on parking spaces... making that completely pointless. Put roof over them and solar on top, easier, cheaper.

2) You can buy transparent solar panels to be used in giant office towers already, the tech exists and is mature, they even offer shading and UV protection inside, while absorbing everything outside

3) There is no, way, ever, that this produces enough power in it's short life to off-set the INSANE production cost or melt snow at -30°C And you need to connect that technology to the power grid, meaning you need some MAJOR infrastructure to convert voltage up and down, to store energy etc.... and that is infrastructure running ALONG the road. Because you can't connect infinite pieces of this technology together, or the internal currents will completely burn the connections.

And then there is the obvious problem that ice on those panels in the street will still need salt and snow plowing. Making the entire idea completely pointless. (If you don't know why.. 2 words, opaque glass)

Don't get me wrong, I am all for future tech usually, but putting solar panels in the road is stupid. Put them on roofs, where they make sense. Put roofs above everything for all I care... would make for a lot better driving ....

True. They'd work in less trafficked areas but in cities they'd be near useless - except as you mentioned rooftops - and sides of buildings. Anyplace with constant exposure really.

It'd be much smarter to utilize wind in major cities. Hell look at Chicago. It's not the 'Windy City' for no reason. Throw up micro wind turbines everywhere. Hell, what was that article that was on the OOTB a few months back about an entirely new kind of wind turbine? It looked more like a wheat thresher than a propeller. And they claimed it was hella more efficient, cheaper and easier to install everywhere. Wind-pods I think they were called.

32. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 3, 2014, 19:02 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 14:33:
Hold on, hold on, hold on. There was GORE on Game of Thrones last night?! SPOILERS!!!11one

Oh, wait, never mind. There's almost ALWAYS gore on GoT.

Heh, that was pretty gorey. That's such a classic action movie foible though. The moral of the story, when you can kill a guy, kill him, don't drag it out and get all macho about it. Animals are always most dangerous when they're wounded.

News Comments > Crytek Announces HUNT: Horrors of the Gilded Age
16. Re: Game as a service Jun 3, 2014, 18:58 Cutter

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 15:37:
But to whom, exactly? So this is yet another wants-to-be-mmo?

That's it exactly it isn't it? An MMO by any other name...

News Comments > Watch Dogs Claims Sales Record
28. Re: Watch Dogs Claims Sales Record Jun 3, 2014, 17:37 Cutter

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 16:53:
nin wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 16:52:
Don't be a Cutter, Bats!

heheheh I just call BS when I see it. If they think they did so well, then release the numbers. I am playing it, and enjoying it, I just don't think it is "ROAR BEST SELLING GAME EVAR!!!!!!!!ONEONEONEONE!"

Exactly. That's why Bats and me are pals. We calls em the ways we sees em. Life is too short for bullshit.

Wiseguy

And positive feedback? Everything I've seen around here and other places seems to indicate that while it's a decent game it's no great shakes. Kind of a low-rent GTA and you can easily wait for a good discount on it.

News Comments > Ex-Irrational Devs Announce The Black Glove
3. Re: Ex-Irrational Devs Announce The Black Glove Jun 3, 2014, 11:52 Cutter

Will you force them to 'Smell the Black Glove'?

News Comments > Crytek Announces HUNT: Horrors of the Gilded Age
10. Re: Crytek Announces HUNT: Horrors of the Gilded Age Jun 3, 2014, 11:51 Cutter

Mike Hunt?

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Delayed; Batmobile Trailer
1. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Delayed; Batmobile Trailer Jun 3, 2014, 11:51 Cutter

Batmobile lost a wheel? Robin laid an egg?

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 3, 2014, 00:30 Cutter

What a load of horseshit. 160,000 new samples every single day. Yeah. Sure.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 3, 2014, 00:26 Cutter

That was an effing funny editorial. 'It's like getting rid of the babysitter and hiring a dingo to watch your baby.'

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 2, 2014, 23:52 Cutter

There's no way Google is doing that out of the goodness of their shriveled black hearts. I'm curious what the angle is here. And even if it was completely noble, why not get NA wired up first? It's not like we're doing so well here these days and things are only getting worse because of whores like Wheeler. Sadly it seems like Google is the only one - interested somewhat - in actually creating some real competition. Look at every market they're going into and how Comcast or whoever magically start competing.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Saved Game Bug
6. Re: Watch Dogs Saved Game Bug Jun 2, 2014, 23:44 Cutter

Creston wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 21:27:
Uplay's cloud saves have been borked since day one of the shitty program, and basically every game that gets shafted with it has had these kinds of issues.

The first thing I do with any ubisoft game is to turn the cloud saves off.

Truth. Yeah, everyone should learn that and do it. I lost almost 10 hours of gameplay on AC4 because of their fucking cloud bullshit. Oh man I was livid over that one.

News Comments > Fable Anniversary for PCs Teased
5. Re: Fable Anniversary for PCs Teased Jun 2, 2014, 23:40 Cutter

Fantaz wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 20:57:
i can't imagine that there would be too many ppl interested in this game? amirite?

That's correct, sir. My guess is they're doing for the Spybox so they figured they may as well do it for PC and see if they can eek some sales out of it. I wouldn't say it was bad, but I found the whole thing to be very meh.

News Comments > Mortal Kombat X Announced
11. Re: Mortal Kombat X Announced Jun 2, 2014, 23:38 Cutter

And this is Mortal Wombat!!!

32. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 2, 2014, 23:31 Cutter

No man, it's very much a regional thing. Here we just said 'camp' and still do. If it was just day camp you said day camp, otherwise it was understood you were going away. It just sounds weird.  

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Jun 2, 2014, 17:55 Cutter

Task wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 15:53:
arcadia artile

"dressed head to toe in designer casual wear—Ralph Lauren jeans, pristine white Y-3 Yohji Yamamoto sneakers, and a crisp Captain America T-shirt."

I barfed in my mouth a little - do people really look at someone and notice what brands they wear?

Many people do. Why do you think brands are so prevalent? I go out of my way to find stuff that's logo free. I'm not opposed to wearing branded material but not if I'm buying it. Want me to advertise your product you can pay for it.

17740 Comments. 887 pages. Viewing page 35.
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo