Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 18950 (Ninja)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 19, 2014, 18:04 Cutter

This is different. You're talking about felony acts here. If they knew who these guys were and that they had committed the crimes that makes the company culpable. And from the article that certainly appears to be the case.

Accessory after the fact

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 This Month
34. Re: Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 This Month Sep 19, 2014, 17:52 Cutter

Kevin Lowe wrote on Sep 19, 2014, 13:28:
Cutter wrote on Sep 19, 2014, 12:30:
Yeah, see ya when this game gets down to a sane price.
Isn't this what gamers are always saying they want? A game tailored first and foremost to take advantage of their own platform? True expansions instead of DLCs? Broad control schemes instead of context buttons?

But now that someone does all that, in a genre long in need of a commercial revival, and charges an industry standard price, they're asking too much? Jesus, what do developers have to do to make you people happy?

What the fuck are you talking about? I'm talking about actual real gameplay included. Not just a sandbox of 'make your own shit up'. If I have to provide that then what am I paying a developer for? Or at least be realistic like Minecraft was with a 20 dollar price point. So yeah, providing actual gameplay is something most people would like. Jesus that's really asking a lot for 70 bucks isn't it?
Rolleyes

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

33. Re: Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 This Month Sep 19, 2014, 17:49 Cutter

nin wrote on Sep 19, 2014, 13:33:
Kevin Lowe wrote on Sep 19, 2014, 13:28:
Cutter wrote on Sep 19, 2014, 12:30:
Isn't this what gamers are always saying they want? A game tailored first and foremost to take advantage of their own platform? True expansions instead of DLCs? Broad control schemes instead of context buttons?

But now that someone does all that, in a genre long in need of a commercial revival, and charges an industry standard price, they're asking too much? Jesus, what do developers have to do to make you people happy?

Basically, if you take whatever cutter says and think of the exact opposite, that's reality. He's in his own little bubble, thankfully.

Shouldn't you have your lips fully planted on Blue's ass about now? I may be delusional, but at least I'm not a sniveling sycophant.

9. Re: Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 This Month Sep 19, 2014, 13:22 Cutter

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 19, 2014, 12:44:
I think $60 is a sane price. These guys are clipping along pretty well I think final release is near.
Beta 2 will have a lot of stuff, I've just finished reading the newsletter link here if anyone interested.
The finished game will kick so much ass.

For an early buy. Launch will be $72 CDN. That's way too much for any game, nevermind bare bones with the actual gameplay supposedly coming later on. I'd go $30, maybe even $40 with what I'm seeing and hearing, but double that? No way.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 19, 2014, 12:32 Cutter

This is a new Canadian band that's making waves on the indie scene. Give them a listen and enjoy. The song is pretty addictive.

Always - Marry Me Archie

1. Re: Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 This Month Sep 19, 2014, 12:30 Cutter

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 19, 2014, 10:57 Cutter

56 million cards. And the government isn't demanding accountability from corporations why again? Oh right, they're run by them.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Sep 19, 2014, 10:56 Cutter

So why doesn't Californy ban all violent media in that case? So playing a game that simulates killing is bad, but reading fiction, listening to rap, or watching it on TV and/or movies is ok?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 19, 2014, 10:36 Cutter

A) Those two motherfuckers deserve the death penalty, not life sentences.

B) If the motherfuckers that owned the website actually knew about this they should be going to prison too as accomplices.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 19, 2014, 10:29 Cutter

Encryption to protect us from who, Tommy? Zee Germans?

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 19, 2014, 10:28 Cutter

I understand that life can be cruel, life in Tokyo.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Trailers
2. Re: Alien: Isolation Trailers Sep 19, 2014, 10:25 Cutter

I understand they mostly come at night...mostly.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Released
3. Re: Wasteland 2 Released Sep 19, 2014, 10:24 Cutter

Yeah, I'll give 'er a dance this weekend I hope. Got a bit of backlog of other stuff I'm playing atm and more coming down the pipe. Man, some of these devs really need to get into the habit of doing post Xmas/winter and spring releases. Too much stuff crammed into the fall/Xmas corridor.

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Sep 19, 2014, 08:24 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 23:29:
Because when Europe was a vast collection of ununified city-states that was so much better?

It would be different now in the modern world. Canada, America, Europe, etc. are all suffering because they're having a hard time getting things done when there's no consensus. It's like any bad marriage, there comes a time you have to pull the plug on it. Right now it's like Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolfe and only getting worse.

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Sep 18, 2014, 23:06 Cutter

The problem with separation is how is it fair to the half that loses when these things are generally squeakers anyway? We've gone through this shit for decades with Quebec, and only recently does it look like it may be really over, at least for the near future, as the PQ (separatists party) got utterly crushed last election.

Where's the proportional representation? Out of 180+ democracies around the world only America, Canada, England and India don't have PR. Speaks volumes doesn't it?

But back to Scotland, if it's let's say 51% to 49% either way then you're going to half a country who's bitter as hell and the issue won't die anyway. Better I think to find a fair way to divy up the country and let those who wish to leave do so. Personally I think the idea of nationhood is over and we should move back to nation-states. It was a grand experiment but it doesn't work.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 18, 2014, 22:58 Cutter

Amnesty is really cherry picking facts and intentionally skewing them to fit their argument to abolish death penalties. Take a look at that California report. They cite the expense is due to inefficient bureaucracy, and it is. There are too many procedures and appeals, and special housing and treatment, etc.

In slam dunk cases like this there should be no appeal. And executions should take case immediately or as close as possible to it. That's how they used to do. Hell, they'd hang you out back of the courthouse. Transfer them prison. Process them. Execute them the next day. Expense to taxpayers...minimal. Capital punishment isn't a deterrent because everyone knows your chances of getting the death penalty is slim to begin with and even if you do get it it takes forever for them to do it. Start executing people a day after sentence and you'll see it make a difference. Better still, start employing "Judges" to do it.

I am the law.

Helmet

News Comments > Styx: Master of Shadows Trailer
2. Re: Styx: Master of Shadows Trailer Sep 18, 2014, 22:37 Cutter

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 22:09:
This game actually looks pretty good. This is a spinoff of that Orcs and Men game, right? I love this art style, and I can always appreciate a good stealth game.

As others have said, all of a sudden it seems like a ton of interesting games are coming out.

The first game was bad. Like really bad. Like I uninstalled it halfway through bad. And it was painful to even get that far bad. So caveat emptor. I do agree the style of it is nice, and what drew me in to begin with. That just goes to show you can't judge a book by its cover.

News Comments > Train Simulator 2015 on Steam
1. Re: Train Simulator 2015 on Steam Sep 18, 2014, 22:33 Cutter

Cool trailer. Always wanted to be a train engineer as a lad. It'd be a pretty sweet job taking your train through the desert, mountains, etc. all the seasons. That'd suit me just fine. Makes me curious how Trainz is coming along.

News Comments > Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut Released
5. Re: Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut Released Sep 18, 2014, 22:29 Cutter

Flatline wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 19:55:
If you kickstarted this game you got a ton of value for your money.

Yeah, they sure turned it around from the original campaign. I still don't care for the stylized graphics but overall this is the best thing I've backed so far. This is hella cool of them, unlike the douchey moves with other companies charging for directors cuts.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Sep 18, 2014, 19:23 Cutter

And this is just one of the many reasons I'm done with crowd-funding. Particularly from those who can afford to finance the projects themselves.

18950 Comments. 948 pages. Viewing page 35.
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo