Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 18542 (Ninja)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

News Comments > BioWare Announces Shadow Realms
4. Re: BioWare Announces Shadow Realms Aug 13, 2014, 09:29 Cutter

How in the 666 layers of the Abyss is an action CRPG anything like a PnP RPG? Just more BiowarEA marketing BS.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: GoT actor dies Aug 12, 2014, 21:50 Cutter

Narf2029 wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 21:37:
Word just got out that Lauren Bacall died too. This is turning into one shitty week.

Bogey's always been my fave. And I always thought he was the luckiest bastard in the world to have her. Oh man, her looks, her voice, her attitude, all just set my engine to revving! I'd give a lot to meet a woman like her.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

6. Re: Into the Black Aug 12, 2014, 21:39 Cutter

Yeah, looking at that and other Robin Williams tributes along with a few drinks and listening to stuff like R.E.M's Man on the Moon is definitely making me misty.

The Best Robin Williams Moment

This comment was edited on Aug 12, 2014, 21:48.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
9. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 12, 2014, 21:15 Cutter

And what's the big deal about Xbox digital/pre-loading if there's no price break to be had. You're still better off buying an - overpriced - physical copy because at least you can resell it.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 12, 2014, 21:11 Cutter

Oh I'm sure Ballsy will fuck it up somehow. I hope the people of LA get used to losing from here on in. But since they lost the Rams I guess that's par for the course.

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Aug 12, 2014, 20:47 Cutter

Couple with the fact that the Steam UI is terrible and it hasn't changed since day one. What a PITA it is managing games with it. Christ, I still have expired betas in it from years ago because I can't delete them. And they're off all the time wasting no end of time and money on other shit most people don't care about it. How about banging out a decent fucking client finally. Or hire someone to do it if. It's not like it would cost a lot and Gaben has a Scrooge McDuck vault full of money anyway.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer
3. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer Aug 12, 2014, 19:40 Cutter

KS wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 19:24:
"Forced the Ranger to watch while his wife and son were murdered."

Is this part of Tolkien mythos?

No, I'm pretty certain ol' JRR would be furiously opposed to all of this. Poor man is no doubt rolling in his grave.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Trailers
5. Re: Far Cry 4 Trailers Aug 12, 2014, 19:39 Cutter

Blood Dragon was hi-larious, but all the FC games are really repetitive and boring. Just do the same old shit all over the island. Big whoop.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Trailer
1. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Trailer Aug 12, 2014, 19:38 Cutter

Wow, that looks super duper. Really looking forward to this.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Omerta: City of Gangsters - Gold Edition
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Omerta: City of Gangsters - Gold Edition Aug 12, 2014, 19:31 Cutter

Too bad they half-assed this game or it could have been really good.

News Comments > Wargaming Boasts 100M Registered Players
8. Re: Wargaming Boasts 100M Registered Players Aug 12, 2014, 19:28 Cutter

I'd be amazed if even 1% of those were actually active, legitimate accounts.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2014, 14:05 Cutter

It's remarkable how his death is impacting so many people. Virtually all my friends and acquaintances on FB are remarking how surprised they are how much its impacted them personally. I guess you figure he was just one of those guys that was always going to be around. He was well loved that's for certain.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 12, 2014, 14:02 Cutter

And this employee and the DEA agents involved aren't all fired and going to prison why exactly?

News Comments > First Diablo III Paragon 1000 Livestream
13. Re: First Diablo III Paragon 1000 Livestream Aug 12, 2014, 13:59 Cutter

Reminds me of the South Park treatment of WoW, 'I don't play. I have a life.'

News Comments > Goat Simulator Sells "Almost 1 Million"
5. Re: Goat Simulator Sells Aug 12, 2014, 13:58 Cutter

The fact they started it as a joke makes it even better.

News Comments > Hollowpoint Announced
1. Re: Hollowpoint Announced Aug 12, 2014, 13:52 Cutter

Could be interested, could be. Wish it were a little more CRPG though. Nice to see a dystopian setting at any rate.

22. Re: Into the Black Aug 11, 2014, 23:33 Cutter

LittleMe wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 20:44:
I've been watching a lot of Near Death Experience (NDE) videos on YT lately. I'm not 100% certain it's a true after-life reality but hopefully Robin is in such a heavenly place now. A recurring theme seems to be that those who suicide often have to repeat a life here until they 'get it right' but there are exceptions to that too. Either way, he'll be missed.

There's no heaven or hell, that's all jive. If there is more after this than the Hindu's are probably on the right track with a sort of reincarnation type deal. Energy is neither created or destroyed, only transferred. Out constituent atoms and molecules get re-used over and over. The most fascinating thing to me is though that we basically replace every molecule in our body about 6 times over the course over the course of an average life span. Yet, the essence of who we are remains. And we are also all unique with unique physical characteristics. Why all of that randomness and diversity if there's nothing more? Or as always, Picard said it best in Where Silence Has Lease....

Jean-Luc Picard: Considering the marvelous complexity of the universe, its clockwork perfection, its balances of this against that... matter, energy, gravitation, time, dimension, I believe that our existence must be more than either of these philosophies. That what we are goes beyond euclidean or other 'practical' measuring systems... and that our existence is part of a reality beyond what we understand now as reality.

21. Re: Into the Black Aug 11, 2014, 23:23 Cutter

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 19:42:
nin wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 19:22:
PropheT wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 19:16:
Really sad to hear about Robin Williams, it's being reported everywhere now it seems.

Yep. I'm depressed as hell now...

Yea, well, don't go killing yourself. Cowards way out and I am more pissed than sad.

That's selfish and wrong. If your life is never-ending misery - and for some it is - then death is a real mercy. I believe there are most definitely many valid reasons for suicide. And until the advent of Christianity and the guilt that religion has needlessly foisted on us in the western world suicide was considered brave and noble. Even necessary. Much like the Japanese. A life without purpose and joy is no life at all.

I hope it wasn't suicide for no other reason that we have to hear the media drone on about it for the next 3 months till the next big story comes along. That aside, I'll miss the hell out of the man. He was always one of my favourites in everything he did.

News Comments > John Romero's New Shooter Plans
36. Re: John Romero's New Shooter Plans Aug 11, 2014, 23:07 Cutter

Talk is cheap. Whiskey costs money. I don't have anything against ol' John-boy. He's more than paid for Daikatana. If he can deliver, power to him, but I won't hold my breath.

News Comments > System Shock 2 Turns 15
11. Re: System Shock 2 Turns 15 Aug 11, 2014, 23:04 Cutter

Still have my original jewel case and cd.

18542 Comments. 928 pages. Viewing page 35.
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo