Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 23063 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

News Comments > No More WoW Numbers
12. Re: No More WoW Numbers Nov 4, 2015, 11:32 Cutter

Blizzard games from Diablo on were never that good. Addictive? Sure but they were designed that way intentionally. They were the first company to use psychologists in game design with the expressed intent of hooking people on their games with the virtual endorphin rush. Yes, Diablo had oodles of style but the gameplay itself isn't anything impressive when you really consider it. They've been a design by committee and function house forever now. I've enjoyed their products, sure, but I wouldn't say they were good 'games'.

“There is no such thing as a weird human being. It’s just that some people require more understanding than others.” - Tom Robbins
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 4, 2015, 11:28 Cutter

No, profit is an ancillary benefit of the true purpose which is control. It walks hand in hand with the TPP and everything else like it coming down the pipe. This is robber barony on a global scale coming at you. The dystopia of corporate/elite rule is well on its way already. The war with the muslims won't end but likely expand. ISIS and clowns like them are batshit crazy. They honestly believe they're fighting holy wars because the end times are coming - and at the end of the day they may well be right with all the saber rattling going on with China and Russia. The future is grim.

“There is no such thing as a weird human being. It’s just that some people require more understanding than others.” - Tom Robbins

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 4, 2015, 11:11 Cutter

InBlack wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 09:34:
Im gonna wait for the entire season to air, then watch it at my leisure. Half an hour long and a whole week to wait between episodes...that's just cruel man. Cruel!

Yeah, but if you die before that you'll have missed one of the best things on TV ever. It really is awesome sauce. Surprised the hell out of me how good it was.

News Comments > World of Fishing Beta Opens
8. Re: World of Fishing Beta Opens Nov 4, 2015, 01:02 Cutter

Burrito of Peace wrote on Nov 3, 2015, 23:10:
I read it as "World of Fisting" at first and I thought "Well, I guess the FetLife crowd will be all over it."

Oh man, I do not want to know how you level up and notch skills in that game. Virtual lube for sale in the item shop?

7. Re: World of Fishing Beta Opens Nov 4, 2015, 01:00 Cutter

Ozmodan wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 00:13:
Cutter wrote on Nov 3, 2015, 22:59:
People love fishing in MMOs so why not a fishing MMO? It'd probably be do better as an SP game with MP, but I will not be surprised if they do pretty well with this. Honestly, there have been worse ideas for games.

The only people who fish in MMO's are those with so much time on their hands that they can't think of anything else to do. One of those last skills you actually bother with. I just don't see this game going anywhere.

Loads of people fish in MMOs. It's immensely popular, that's why they all have it. A lot of times you feel like taking it easy and just being social, so you go fish.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Nov 3, 2015, 23:04 Cutter

And what happens to the 1000s of other people in the same boat? Enh, it's one of those damned if you do and damned if you don't scenarios.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Trailer
11. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Trailer Nov 3, 2015, 23:02 Cutter

A) Don't buy this.

B) If you're going to, for god sake wait for launch at least. You could get Mad Max for half of what it was going for on the mainstream sites at launch at G2A. Doesn't always happen but you'll kick yourself if you pay $40+ bucks and could get it for half that.

4. Re: World of Fishing Beta Opens Nov 3, 2015, 22:59 Cutter

People love fishing in MMOs so why not a fishing MMO? It'd probably be do better as an SP game with MP, but I will not be surprised if they do pretty well with this. Honestly, there have been worse ideas for games.

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Nov 3, 2015, 21:27 Cutter

Yeah, didn't see one PC get ganked by some punk kid, 'h4Ha u n00b! i r4wk3D uR nUb aZz!'

Just watched Ash vs. Evil Dead, and as everyone has said so far, it is effing amazing! Best thing to hit TV since forever. Can't wait to see more.

News Comments > Anno 2205 Released
4. Re: Anno 2205 Released Nov 3, 2015, 21:21 Cutter

And where's the dystopian future that will actually come to pass instead of this fiction of a kinder, gentler world?

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
11. Re: Morning Screenshots Nov 3, 2015, 12:20 Cutter

Some of the textures look really good but most still look pretty meh or downright shitty.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 3, 2015, 12:17 Cutter

mch wrote on Nov 3, 2015, 11:33:
Leave it to Cutter to make cancer a competition.

Jesus christ.

How fucking dumb are you? I'm talking about basic equality here. Something you SJWs never cease whining about. In 2007 breast cancer was receiving twice as much money as that for prostate cancer. Now it's 10 times as much, you fucking tool. Christ, do some research and actual thinking if you're capable of it before spouting off.

News Comments > Elder Scrolls Online Orsinium DLC Released
3. Re: Elder Scrolls Online Orsinium DLC Released Nov 3, 2015, 12:11 Cutter

Bill Borre wrote on Nov 3, 2015, 11:17:
Has anybody installed this recently? I'm wondering if they have altered the launcher so players can start in a beginning area without having to download the entire game like most of these games do. When I bought the game it was over 40 gig download and that is too large for me to do in one session and I was having unresolved issues with the download starting over in between sessions so I still haven't got the game up and running on my computer.

I have it installed ATM - though I haven't played in 6 months, though it is up to date - and it's sitting at 41.9GB.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 3, 2015, 11:21 Cutter

And what about all the guys out there who can't grow face fuzz? They should have come up with something better. And wtf is it only one month a year and not year round, like oh, I don't know...womens cancer issues. Particularly as men get cancer more and die from it more often.

News Comments > Activision Buys King Digital; Releases Q3 Financials
7. Re: Activision Buys King Digital; Releases Q3 Financials Nov 3, 2015, 11:15 Cutter

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 3, 2015, 09:57:
Holy shit... 5.9 billion?

Casual phone games are just too huge, no wonder most larger game companies have totally sold out the past 10 years or so.

Of course the indie/kickstarter game scene has really improved, so it's not all bad.

But basically, even less money/man power will be spent on Diablo 3 now.

Yeah but a billion people are doing it too, so the odds of your game making it at all is akin to finding the proverbial needle in the haystack.

16. Re: Into the Black Nov 3, 2015, 09:07 Cutter

InBlack wrote on Nov 3, 2015, 02:34:
Im hopeful. I guess I should have expected the cynicism but holy fuck, not one even one other hopeful? It's fucking STAR TREK!

Um, I don't know what you've been watching for the last 20 - post TNG - or so years but in both TV and film the IP has been getting progressively worse. TOS/TNG and the first few films were all great, everything else started going downhill after that. There's nothing wrong with what Star Trek started out as and what Gene envisioned for it, it's just been the death of a thousand cuts because the suits have to tried to make it sexier and more of an action fest. Trek is - at its heart - about exploration, science, diplomacy. Not fucking pew pew lazer fights and space sluts in skimpy outfits. And given the Lamebrams abortions, yeah it's fair to say real Trek fans have less than zero faith for this new series. I'll bet dollars to donuts that's exactly what it'll be a space soap opera, with everyone hooking up and going pew pew pew!

2. Re: Into the Black Nov 2, 2015, 18:41 Cutter

Simon Says wrote on Nov 2, 2015, 18:21:
"Alex Kurtzman will serve as executive producer for the new Star Trek TV series. Kurtzman co-wrote and produced the blockbuster films Star Trek (2009) with Roberto Orci, and Star Trek Into Darkness (2013) with Orci and Damon Lindelof. Both films were produced and directed by J.J. Abrams."

Not holding my breath...

Yeah, I'm actually holding my nose. Pee-yew!

13. Re: Star Trek Back On TV! Nov 2, 2015, 15:44 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Nov 2, 2015, 15:02:
nin wrote on Nov 2, 2015, 12:58:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 2, 2015, 12:55:
Cutter wrote on Nov 2, 2015, 12:38:
Creston wrote on Nov 2, 2015, 12:34:
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Headed up by the asshole that wrote and produced the Lamebrams travesties? Um no. It's going to suck. Bank on it.

While I liked Abrams first ST movie, I thought Into Darkness was just awful. So, yeah, I don't have much hope for this.

News flash: cutter shits on something! Further updates as more shit happens.

I kind of agree with him on some level though. What made the ST TV series great were the dramatic exploration of human social, economic, philosophical, military, and other issues in a sci-fi setting. The Abrams universe has much less of that.

Don't quote the trolls. Seriously. Put that clown on ignore with the rest of them.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 2, 2015, 15:43 Cutter

Yet another rich corp too cheap to pay their way. Christ, it's like the news about the Ikea founder today. Fucking rich bastards are the real parasites on society.

News Comments > Torment Next Year
15. Re: Torment Next Year Nov 2, 2015, 15:37 Cutter

Jerykk wrote on Nov 2, 2015, 15:23:
What I don't understand is your fixation on release dates. Who cares when a game is released as long as it's good? Hell, just look at Arkham Knight on PC. Or AC: Unity. Or X: Rebirth. Or any number of games that should have been delayed until they were actually ready for release.

Common sense dictates that an RPG is going to take more than a year to develop and will probably be delayed like every other RPG in existence. I'm perfectly fine with that if it results in a more polished experience.

Because anything and everything should be done on time and on budget. This isn't government incompetence and theft we're talking about but a business. If it's not coming in on time and on budge than you're got the wrong people managing it. Imagine if the entire world worked that way wheere things just showed up whenever. Go to a restaurant and ask for a meal, the server tells you 15 minutes and it shows up 3 hours later. What you're saying is you have zero problem with that. Or a contractor doing a 3 month reno for you turns it into 3 years and 100% more expensive than he gave you a quote for? You're just fine with that, are you?

23063 Comments. 1154 pages. Viewing page 34.
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo