Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 17740 (Ninja)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Trading Video
15. Re: Elite Dangerous Trading Video Jun 5, 2014, 12:04 Cutter

I hope because it's still early on that the market GUI will be getting a major overhaul because that looks fairly useless as is. Didn't look you could sort anything by demand, nevermind compare products across multiple systems/planets.

And I also hope that rectangle isn't the only docking bay in the entire galaxy - and that the stations should vary widely, and not just differently coloured lights. That would get boring real fast.

It's easy to get excited, but start looking at the nitty-gritty. Do these sorts of things exist or will they exist? It's all those little things that add up that make the difference.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Painkiller Hell & Damnation Demo
3. Re: Painkiller Hell & Damnation Demo Jun 5, 2014, 11:51 Cutter

Uh no. Half-Life = greatest FPS evar.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
9. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 5, 2014, 01:57 Cutter

As my old boss in corporate was fond of saying, "To get along you go along." And it's my understanding that's very much the way of MS culture. The nail that sticks out gets hammered down. There must have been some objections - which were quickly silenced. And once the serfs saw which way the prevailing wind was blowing they all just went along.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 4, 2014, 23:58 Cutter

Oh a sarcasm detector. That's a really useful invention.

News Comments > Tropico 5 Sales Bask in the Sun
3. Re: Tropico 5 Sales Bask in the Sun Jun 4, 2014, 23:51 Cutter

Quboid wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 22:09:
It's a good game but it's not perfect and my first impressions were overly optimistic. Unless you're desperate for a city builder, it's probably worth waiting for a sale.

That seems to be the general consensus I'm seeing for it. Thanks for the review. I'll definitely wait on it in that case.

News Comments > Steam FAQ Adds Early Access Caveat
6. Re: Steam FAQ Adds Early Access Caveat Jun 4, 2014, 23:49 Cutter

panbient wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 23:00:
Cutter wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 21:13:
So Valve makes money regardless if they finish or not. That's not right. They should have to bear some responsibility for this.

Why?

If someone runs a mall and I want to open a store and I start telling people I'm going to offer a wicked awesome new book... eventually. But right now I can totally hook them up with the first few chapters and yes, part of that money goes back to the Mall (for rent etc.)

Customer agrees to pay me for the first few chapters.

Customer then gets upset that the first few chapters isn't an actual full book. Or, I 'finish' the book but the story doesn't play out the way the customer anticipated and is again upset.

Why is the mall on the hook?

The service is called 'Early Access' for crying out loud. How much more idiot proofing does Steam need to do? It's like a warning about 'hot contents' on a coffee.

Because simply adding a disclaimer doesn't release you from responsibility. And the customer didn't pay you for the first few chapters they paid you for the entire product - which you failed to deliver and therefore owe them their money back. And the company that owns the mall should have done some due diligence to see if the tenet was reliable in the first place.

Obviously the simple solution is just don't do early access, but there is also the very real and legal concept of "good faith". In that consumers are entitled to a "reasonable expectation" that in paying someone for a product or service, it's going to be delivered on time and on budget.

News Comments > Stardock Working on Eight Games
3. Re: Stardock Working on Eight Games Jun 4, 2014, 23:41 Cutter

Kevin Lowe wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 23:01:
I already feel guilty having inadvertently given money to Orson Scott Card for Shadow Complex; I don't want to further tarnish my soul by giving money to Brad Wardell. They don't make water hot enough to wash that away.

I heard that. Not that Stardock really makes anything I want anyway but if they did I simply couldn't bring myself to give Wardell my money.

News Comments > Defiance Now Free-to-Play
2. Re: Defiance Now Free-to-Play Jun 4, 2014, 21:36 Cutter

Yeah, only checked it out briefly in the beta. Wasn't impressed. Same with the show. But that's the problem with Siffy shows. The premise for this show is actually pretty good. Low budget, bad actors and bad fx ruin it though. Jaime Murray is teh hawtness though.

News Comments > Dark Souls II DLC Trilogy Starts Next Month
1. Re: Dark Souls II DLC Trilogy Starts Next Month Jun 4, 2014, 21:16 Cutter

So for those who got this, have you finished it yet? Was it good? Was there any sun praising?

News Comments > Steam FAQ Adds Early Access Caveat
1. Re: Steam FAQ Adds Early Access Caveat Jun 4, 2014, 21:13 Cutter

So Valve makes money regardless if they finish or not. That's not right. They should have to bear some responsibility for this.

News Comments > etc.
14. Re: etc. Jun 4, 2014, 18:41 Cutter

nin wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 18:35:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 18:21:
Beamer wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 17:32:
Can we have a section for every time Cutter comments on a title rather than an article?

Morning Cutterbait?

CBS - Cutter Bitching Section

Wtf is with you lately? You're being real dickish to a lot of people of late. You trying to pick fights? We can go there if that's what you want.

News Comments > etc.
13. Re: etc. Jun 4, 2014, 18:40 Cutter

Sure, so long as there's Beamer's Completely Out of Touch With Reality And Just Doesn't Get It section.

She has a problem with someone killing virtual minorities. But is perfectly fine with them killing virtual white people. That's racism in a nutshell. I don't understand how you can't grasp that simple fact. It can be explained any more clearly than that.

And Mike Hunt is funny. You just have a permanent stick up your ass. In fact I don't recall you ever cracking a joke or laughing at anything around here. You really have no sense of humour, do you?

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
17. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 4, 2014, 18:30 Cutter

Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 18:26:
People are funny. All worried about being recorded by Glass, and yet unaware that for less than $200 you can buy recording gear that looks like a real pair of glasses, or a button, or a lighter - all of which record better quality video/pictures.

Is that what you use for when you're filming kids at the playground from your van?

Sneaky

News Comments > Sniper Elite V2 Free Today
7. Re: Sniper Elite V2 Free Today Jun 4, 2014, 18:26 Cutter

Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 18:18:
Free game? OK, I will sample your wares.

People like sampling wares.

Alas, I too already own this. It was ok, not bad, but no great shakes either.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
30. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2014, 16:30 Cutter

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 11:18:
Not a fan of Slate, but found this article about education and cost per child interesting....

Shit man, give me 26k a year per child, I will educate 4 children in my home, and I bet they score better than the average.....M-F, 8am-3pm, hell, I'll even car pool them from their home to my house to teach them. They will be educated, intelligent, in shape, knowledgeable about the world, etc etc etc.

I will even do it for the US average of 11k per student. Give me.....8 kids, all the same age. Be a fun experiment.

Pretty damn good argument for a voucher program....

/discuss....

Yeah. You'll educate them all right...with the back of your hand! 'You sassin' me, boy?!' Whack! Bat Haha!

Seriously though. Imagine if teachers got paid per kid. They'd make a fortune, so that's actually really effing cheap. Even at $7 per hour that's $56 per kid per day. So an average of 30 kids in a class means the teacher should be getting paid $1,680 a day or about $450,000 per year. The average teacher makes about 50k a year. So that's quite a bargain.

And speaking of money, hot off the presses....

Seattle Raises Minimum Wage to $15

Good on them. And sadly that's still not even a living wage - which is $18 per hour (averaged).

News Comments > NVIDIA Enhancing Ubisoft PC Games
9. Re: NVIDIA Enhancing Ubisoft PC Games Jun 4, 2014, 16:00 Cutter

Hogwash, sir! And 80% uh, no. The current Steam survey shows it at 52% Nvidia and 31% ATI. And according to Forbes....

Here’s how total graphics market share looks for Q4 2013:

AMD: 20.7%
Nvidia: 16.3%
Intel: 62.9%

Booyah.

And between the top end newer cards between the two there's a price difference of about $100. So yes you are paying more needlessly. Nvidia is cold and wet and scared.

10. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 4, 2014, 13:48 Cutter

They could set their glasses down on the table and film you and no one would think twice about it. Someone pretending to text, all while following you around with their phone and spending 5 minutes to write a text would be pretty obvious that something fishy is going on.

If the glasses didn't have a camera no one would have a problem with them.

News Comments > NVIDIA Enhancing Ubisoft PC Games
3. Re: NVIDIA Enhancing Ubisoft PC Games Jun 4, 2014, 13:45 Cutter

Why? Because ATI is kicking Nvidia's ass? That ATI drivers suck cliche ended a decade ago. And seeing as Ubisoft is developing for the new consoles they're developing for ATI natively from the start. Porting that to the PC means ATI users already have the advantage. But hey if you want to pay twice as much for a video card just because of a name it's your money to waste.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Jun 4, 2014, 13:34 Cutter

But going around killing and robbing white people is perfectly acceptable is it? Kotaku clickbait is just always wrong on just about every level.

8. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 4, 2014, 13:29 Cutter

Going from someone being rude and disrespectful to all out war is a bit of stretch don't you think? One of these things is not like the other.

And sanctions are the right thing. Putin is a dick and a tater. Or maybe you missed how everyone in the pro-Russian sections of the Ukraine weren't permitted to vote because of the fascist militia entrenched there.

And again all those CCTVs in Britain are in public. You know they're there. And that's the state looking at you. Not some perv secretly filming you. Again, one of these things is not like the other.

17740 Comments. 887 pages. Viewing page 34.
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo