Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 17930 (Ninja)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
16. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 15, 2014, 22:29 Cutter

Well seeing as PBS would be one of them that's safe. As for the others if they go the way of the dodo then it's meant to be. Other wise this is nothing more than corporate welfare.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 15, 2014, 20:03 Cutter

If he's not a cop in your state then technically he's not a cop. Even if he was he'd still be breaking the law. Don't argue with him, just call the cops and let them deal with it. It's what they get paid for. I've called cops on cops before and I know for a fact it resulted in a suspension for one clown at least. Police departments generally take that sort of thing very seriously. You can get suspended and fired for that sort of shit. If he thinks he's a big shot tell management to get their legal department involved. The threat of civil suit will shut him up real quick.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
6. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 15, 2014, 19:53 Cutter

If I only want a few channels a la carte why can't I have that? There's zero technical reason for it.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
15. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 15, 2014, 19:28 Cutter

I went EA on Starbound and wish I didn't. I've gone EA on Endless Legend and even though it's still really early I love what I'm seeing so far. So long as they finish and deliver what they've promised I'll be playing it for years. But that's the trick, isn't it? I think it's safe to say most of us can resist most EAs pretty easily anyway, so it's really not that big a deal.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2014, Part 9
2. Re: It Came from E3 2014, Part 9 Jun 15, 2014, 19:16 Cutter

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 15, 2014, 15:09:
The gaming tray might just work.

I concur. That'd be perfect.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
20. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jun 14, 2014, 12:24 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jun 14, 2014, 03:49:
Cutter wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 22:39:

For all the bad stuff with DA2, the Qun was definitely the best part of it. I find them fascinating and would happily buy a game that was focused on them.

Hey Cutter, I know you were kidding the other day about shooting someone who wouldn't leave their table, but well, real live imitates the Blues News comment section:

Georgia Waffle House worker fatally shoots customer who refused to leave

That's just nucking futs. But what does it say about the resto and where it was located? Security guard? Armed staff? Where the fuck was this waffle house? In a prison? How sad is that when you have to go heavily armed to a resto to either work or eat? And why didn't they call the cops? Sounds like they provoked the victims into threatening them just so they could be tough guys and shoot them.

All we're even seeing on the news up here right now is how gun violence is going through the roof down there atm. Way, way too many morons with guns down there. Makes me pretty happy we have such heavily regulated gun control, as it does most people in other countries with similar policies - which is most of the rest of the civilized world.

News Comments > GOG.com Summer Sale
11. Re: GOG.com Summer Sale Jun 14, 2014, 12:14 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jun 14, 2014, 02:55:
Bought the original Far Cry and Hegemonia. Used to have FC on disk, but tried looking for it (had a hankering) and could not find it anywhere. It might have been accidentally dumped when I did one of my game purges.

And I've wanting to try Hegemonia for a decade. Each was like $2, so

Waiting for I-76 to go on sale. Used to have those disks too, but hell if I know where they went. Also, never played I-82. Any good?

Enh not so much. You can safely skip I-82. But boy I'd give a lot to see a new I-76.

11. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jun 13, 2014, 22:39 Cutter

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 21:10:
No one expects the qunari Inquisition!

Hrm am I going to have to finally break down and buy Dragon Age 2 on sale somewhere, so I can play DA:I? Waiting for reviews currently, but it at least SEEMS like it will be superior to DA2.

For all the bad stuff with DA2, the Qun was definitely the best part of it. I find them fascinating and would happily buy a game that was focused on them.

8. Re: Summer Sales Jun 13, 2014, 22:37 Cutter

Acleacius wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 22:07:
jimnms wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 19:55:
....Steam's starts next week...
I might have missed the announcement this year but Steam Summer sales start around July 10-12 normally. Last year for example it was "Steam Summer Sale july 11 to July 20".

The theory is they're going early this year because of the DOTA 2 tourney in July. So yeah, it's expected next week or the week after this year.

News Comments > Serious Sam 2 Replaces GameSpy with Steamworks
3. Re: Serious Sam 2 Replaces GameSpy with Steamworks Jun 13, 2014, 20:47 Cutter

Why so serious, Sam?

7. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jun 13, 2014, 20:35 Cutter

The sons of the Prophet were reckless and bold
And quite unaccustomed to fear,
But the bravest of all, or so I am told,
Was Abdul the Bul Bul Amir.

News Comments > Evening Previews
1. Re: Evening Previews Jun 13, 2014, 20:23 Cutter

While it looks amazing, I'm a bit concerned about much there will be to actually do. No quests? No editor to make them? Exactly how will the MP work? Curious as I am about this game I'm now tempering my expectations accordingly.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 13, 2014, 19:46 Cutter

Seriously. Some people...just dumber than a sack full of hammers.

3. Re: GOG.com Summer Sale Jun 13, 2014, 19:46 Cutter

Just grabbed Children of the Nile for two-fiddy because I've always meant to grab it and some point and never have. I understand it's quite good.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2014, Part 7
1. Re: It Came from E3 2014, Part 7 Jun 13, 2014, 19:40 Cutter

Agreed! I, for one, am simply appalled by the lack of sensitivity shown by the white man! All I ask is for just one single game, just one, that has a bi-racial black/asian transgendered dwarf as its main protagonist. I mean honestly, is that really too much to ask?

News Comments > Star Citizen E3 Presentation; (Lack of) OS X Clarification
26. Re: Star Citizen E3 Presentation; (Lack of) OS X Clarification Jun 13, 2014, 18:05 Cutter

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 13:16:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 13:14:
I will say that Mr. Roberts is looking quite tan, giving credence to Cutter's contention that he's spent all the money on a yacht, hookers, and blow, and spends most of his time cruising the Lesser Antilles.

Bandana
I am sure that tan came from all the monitor screens as he sits in front of them coding

Oh that must be it. Seeing how far ahead of schedule they are and all. Mea culpa, mea culpa....

Angel

22. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2014, 18:02 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 15:32:
Yesterday, the Al-queda-backed Sunni rebel group ISIS overran Mosul and Tikrit. The Shia-dominated Iraqi government made a plea to Iran who sent over the Quds forces (their elite units, like our Marine Corp) to help fight them. Currently Obama is mulling whether or not to provide air support for the Quds. Yes, we're contemplating providing air support for our arch enemy in the region.

Question for you alls: Is there a game out there that captures this kind of insane strategic choice that this political situation has produced?

There was an article on Slate yesterday saying how the US should have never left Iraq. Uh, pretty sure the 50,000 US soldiers there are very aware of where they are. The consensus vibe I'm getting is that left or right no one wants anything to do with it. Let them solve their own problems. It's not like they haven't had enough time and money handed to them. Time to start handling their own shit.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
11. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 13, 2014, 17:49 Cutter

Is the competition stiff? And if you're pirates, does that make you...hardened criminals?

News Comments > THQ TM to Return
7. Re: THQ TM to Return Jun 13, 2014, 14:46 Cutter

Iurand wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 14:05:
Cutter wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 12:52:
And if THQ were so great they wouldn't have folded, would they?

You prefer Activision?

What does one thing have to do with the other? THQ is gone and Actiblizz is swimming in cash.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2014, 14:14 Cutter

Ok, I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

“The instructions that came with the package merely read ‘Do not use in sunlight’,” he said.

Oh man, I'm going to be laughing all day over this. It reminds me of making a wish in D&D when the GM would do his best to twist it,

Player 1: I wish for penis enlarger!

GM: And poof! You receive a magnifying glass!

Rotfl

17930 Comments. 897 pages. Viewing page 34.
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo