Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 18574 (Ninja)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Delay Confirmed
1. Re: Wasteland 2 Delay Confirmed Aug 19, 2014, 18:28 Cutter

Rolleyes

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Haunted House & Alone in the Dark Re-Reboots This Fall
1. Re: Haunted House & Alone in the Dark Re-Reboots This Fall Aug 19, 2014, 18:24 Cutter

I was gonna' say, these were just redone recently. I have Haunted House. It's a little too cutesy. Hope it gets a better treatment this time around. They should do the same for Ghost Master too.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2014, 20:03 Cutter

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 19:54:
SlimRam wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 17:01:
Cutter wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 16:21:

Speaking of a house stuff, I finally just found a rug that really ties the room together. It's really enhanced my Dudeness.

Seriously Cutter? *hands on hips* Dammit, if you are a bachelor then the ONLY thing that should be on your floor is vomit, a used rubber, food, women's underwear, and half your wardrobe, COME ON MAN!

Even I'm not THAT gay Cutter *now goes and picks up all the underwear off the bathroom floor and washes it*

I'm actually pretty fastidious. I'm definitely a bit OCD about that. Can't stand messy and dirty places.

And Ram, I actually did yak the other night. I haven't really been drinking at all for the last month because I've been so busy with my move and everything related to it, so I finally got into a few bottles of wine and I guess I consumed a little too much.

However, every man needs one rug that really ties a room together.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Exede satellite Aug 18, 2014, 19:57 Cutter

Julio wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 17:33:
ldonyo wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 12:23:
It's high speed if you consider 12mbps as high speed.

I could only wish for 12 mbps. Gotta love virtual monopolies.

I sometimes hang awake at night dreaming of being spat at in the face....

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
20. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 18, 2014, 19:47 Cutter

Trevellian wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 17:42:
Holy crap if you watched the SOE Live event you could completely tell Higby was fucking saying it jokingly. Lets get the guy fired over shit that people joke about constantly on the internet nowadays.

I don't fucking like the guy, I think his ideas on Planetside are shit. But to want to see him get fired over a shitty joke is unreal.

Calm thyself, Trev. We're only going off what we're reading here. It's not like they put it into any sort of context. It's not like we could know he was joking unless we watched it, as you said.

News Comments > Notch Softens View on Oculus Minecraft
41. Re: Notch Softens View on Oculus Minecraft Aug 18, 2014, 19:44 Cutter

Tom wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 19:13:
Btw, saying "smartphones went mainstream because people need phones" seems like a flawed premise to me. Why do they need to pay $300-800 for a smartphone when a $20 feature phone would be sufficient for making calls, taking pictures, sending text messages, etc? People don't need smartphones. But they're a huge, booming business anyway.

Most people buy smartphones because they're bundled with the contract. Except teenagers who want all kinds of crap on their phones I'd suspect most adults don't use their smart phones for much beyond using it as a phone, followed by the music player, texting, camera in limited use. I've had my smartphone for 4 or 5 years now and I'd be surprised if I've sent more than a dozen texts or taken a dozen pics. I do listen to music on it regularly however. And the only reason I bought it was because I lost my old phone. I ordered this from HK because it was unlocked and half the price there as it was here.

As I've stated before, I actually think the initial adoption rate will be quite high as people always want the latest toy. But most will probably be gathering dust on shelves before too long.

40. Re: Notch Softens View on Oculus Minecraft Aug 18, 2014, 19:34 Cutter

yonder wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 16:43:
Are any of your opinions based in fact? You confuse "changing ones mind about concepts" with "selling out" and you think that someone with a net value of 33 billion is a "multi-millionaire". And you wonder why you're the town jester.

Keep being hilarious. We'll keep laughing.

Says the moron who has obvious reading comprehension problems. And you wonder why everyone knows you're stupid?

This comment was edited on Aug 18, 2014, 19:44.

39. Re: Notch Softens View on Oculus Minecraft Aug 18, 2014, 19:33 Cutter

Quboid wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 16:47:
yonder wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 16:43:
Are any of your opinions based in fact? You confuse "changing ones mind about concepts" with "selling out" and you think that someone with a net value of 33 billion is a "multi-millionaire". And you wonder why you're the town jester.

Keep being hilarious. We'll keep laughing.

He's referring to Notch ($150M), not Mark Zuckerberg ($33B). I still don't see how this is selling out, neither what principle he's selling nor what money he's receiving.

He's stupid, you're not, so he obviously doesn't get any of this. The difference is he's long proclaimed his hatred of FB, but now he's willing to work with Occulus regardless which is predicated on sales. Otherwise he wouldn't deal with them and would go with someone else who's doing VR.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2014, 16:21 Cutter

Enahs wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 14:27:
Cutter wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 11:48:
Just drive fence posts into both sides of the tree with fence post anchors, and problem solved.

Fence post anchors are usually pretty hard to use close to trees. They expand underground!

Depends on how the roots run. Blue, post a pic of it so we have a better idea.

Speaking of a house stuff, I finally just found a rug that really ties the room together. It's really enhanced my Dudeness.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
10. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 18, 2014, 16:20 Cutter

SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 15:22:
Maybe he is a frequent Blues poster and after a few beers he forgot he was speaking in public on behalf of a company.

Yeah, that's Common Sense 101 on how to get fired faster than shit through a goose in the corporate world. Wouldn't be surprised to see him let go or "resign" very soon.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass Details
7. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass Details Aug 18, 2014, 16:17 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 15:12:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 11:43:
Seasons passes are up for passing

I know, right? Remember when a game was just a standalone game with no expectation of expansion pack, unless it sold really, really well? Now a game is an excuse to milk as much cash as possible from people. Season passes are just automatic now, regardless of whether it makes sense, is desired by consumers, etc. etc.

Yeah, when I see this sort of crap it says to me that half a game is for sale.

24. Re: Notch Softens View on Oculus Minecraft Aug 18, 2014, 16:15 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 14:57:
Cutter wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 13:47:
When you abandon your principles for money that's called selling out.

Except that Notch has more money than he can spend in seven lifetimes. OR won't substantially add to his sales, if at all. It will simply add more immersiveness to his 5 year old game. It sounds like he just changed his mind, and especially given that FB has been hands off with Oculus, that's not an illogical transformation of opinion.

He's a multi-millionaire, not billionaire so it's not that much. However, the fact that he is selling out when he doesn't need the money only makes it worse. Hell, I'd sell out for the right amount. Principles start to get pretty rubbery with the more money that's involved. I'd feel ashamed of course. But cruising around the Caribbean on my 50ft sailboat, drinking rum and banging hot island chicks has a way of assuaging that guilt PDQ.

Toff

22. Re: Notch Softens View on Oculus Minecraft Aug 18, 2014, 16:12 Cutter

Tom wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 15:48:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 14:55:
And it really seems like Zuck was making this investment not primarily as a financial decision, but as a fan of the technology ($2B for niche tech? Are you kidding me?).

3D hardware acceleration was once niche tech. Smartphones were once niche tech. Someone with the means and vision could have made a fortune on those and any number of other things. Zuck's $2B could easily be handsomely rewarded. And if it isn't? No big loss for him, he'll still be filthy rich no matter what. And he'll have had tons of fun with Oculus Rift. Why would he NOT do that deal, given the opportunity? Why would you not do it?

Vid cards were a necessity that were bound to happen sooner rather than later anyway, and people need phones so that's par for the course. Apart from practical applications in science/medicine/military with VR most people aren't going to want to strap a TV to their face. They don't even want to wear 3D glasses and they're a lot less cumbersome. VR for entertainment value will remain niche until they can make them no bigger than a pair of sunglasses or contacts. I really don't see it happening until people can jack in ala Neuromancer/Snow Crash.

9. Re: Notch Softens View on Oculus Minecraft Aug 18, 2014, 13:47 Cutter

Quboid wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 13:22:
I'm glad to see he's reconsidered, I thought he sounded a bit childish before. He hasn't sold out unless he's being paid which is possible but seems extremely unlikely given his reported wealth.

I would have thought Minecraft isn't very suited to the Rift. I wouldn't want to spend an entire evening wearing the DK1's headset in one go and I don't expect that to change in the near future.

When you abandon your principles for money that's called selling out.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2014, 11:48 Cutter

Just drive fence posts into both sides of the tree with fence post anchors, and problem solved.

4. Re: Notch Softens View on Oculus Minecraft Aug 18, 2014, 11:35 Cutter

Way to sell out there, Notch.

News Comments > Evolve is Big Gamescom Winner
16. Re: Evolve is Big Gamescom Winner Aug 16, 2014, 20:50 Cutter

Whatevs.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 16, 2014, 17:04 Cutter

People really need to stop using commercial cleaning products. They're bad for you, your pets and the environment. The only things you need to make everything you need at home are white vinegar, baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, borax, soap, isopropyl alcohol. I make all my own cleansers.

Want to see what's in that Oreck sheisse?

Oreck Spot Remover Material Safety Data Sheet

If you don't want to read all 6 pages, in short it's a carcinogen that's bad for everything.

Now here's one simple, effective DIY stain remover.

DIY Stain Remover

It has 3 things. Hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, and dish soap. I wouldn't use Dawn - or any other major commercial brand - but even if you do it's impact is still minimal by comparison.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $50 Million; New Commercial
26. Re: Star Citizen at $50 Million; New Commercial Aug 16, 2014, 16:48 Cutter

A better pool would be to what degree backers feel burned and betrayed relative to their investment when the wizard finally pulls back the curtain all the way.

News Comments > Clockwork Empires Early Access
4. Re: Clockwork Empires Early Access Aug 16, 2014, 16:32 Cutter

verybad1 wrote on Aug 16, 2014, 13:09:
Definitely watching this one. Will wait for reviews however.

Yeah, been watching it from day one and I like what I see, however $30 for a game like this - nevermind EA - is way too much IMO.

18574 Comments. 929 pages. Viewing page 34.
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo