Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 23095 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 11, 2015, 10:31 Cutter

"There are lots of elderly people and children in our street," says Cheng. "And walking with your cell phone may cause unnecessary collisions here."

Oh god, make it stop. Yeah, don't demonstrate any common courtesy and pay attention where you're FUCKING GOING or anything. Yep, the species is now on the fast track to self-destruction.

“There is no such thing as a weird human being. It’s just that some people require more understanding than others.” - Tom Robbins
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Europa Universalis IV: The Cossacks Next Month
1. Re: Europa Universalis IV: The Cossacks Next Month Nov 11, 2015, 10:20 Cutter

Ra ra Rasputin
Lover of the Russian queen
There was a cat that really was gone
Ra ra Rasputin
Russia's greatest love machine
It was a shame how he carried on....

“There is no such thing as a weird human being. It’s just that some people require more understanding than others.” - Tom Robbins

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 10, 2015, 22:33 Cutter

Excellence in video game journalism? Lol! I guess if they mean they're excellent at putting forth paid advertorials that would be about right.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 10, 2015, 22:31 Cutter

What a perfect illustration with the problem of the lack of competition. In Google fiber cities? Price match at $70 and $40 per month more anywhere else there is no competition. And Wheeler just approved their merger? Sigh. And he was doing so well for a while.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2015, 16:43 Cutter

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 14:04:
Cutter wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 13:21:
Tom Clancy's The Division Beta Signups

You're welcome.

Thanks, but looks like you need a key. I've gleaned you get one for pre-ordering, people on G2A are selling them for a couple bucks a piece, and I found a site that is giving them away for "free" (you need to complete one of those bullshit mailing-list-hell surveys)... I'll just keep an eye out for a legit giveaway somewhere.

Oh, I thought you could sign up anyway - I did - without one. Just that a code guaranteed you a spot. Can you post that site? Thanks.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2015, 13:21 Cutter

Tom Clancy's The Division Beta Signups

You're welcome.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2015, 09:56 Cutter

RIP Allen, wonderful musician.

Meat eaters have been hit with some pretty bad news lately, as the World Health Organization (WHO) recently labeled meat carcinogenic — giving carnivores a reason to cut back.

Yeah, if you eat a ton of processed meat every single day your risk is increased by up to a whopping 8%!!! Jesus, we all better go vegan in that case. That site is just clickbait garbage all over. They have another article there claiming women are all gay or bi but nary a one is straight. Rolleyes

Seaworld, still not getting it.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
4. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 9, 2015, 23:15 Cutter

Kosumo wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 21:57:
HAHAHA - Fallout 4 and Star Citizen in one thread - this could get very very messy.

Blue, your a bad man

Why? Bethsoft actually delivers games. They may not be very good but they do deliver them all the same.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 9, 2015, 21:03 Cutter

Oooh the Germans are mad at me!

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 9, 2015, 21:01 Cutter

Yes, Big Brother will be able to spy on you that much easier, eh wot?

News Comments > Dark Souls III Collector's & Prestige Editions Revealed
2. Re: Dark Souls III Collector's & Prestige Editions Revealed Nov 9, 2015, 20:56 Cutter

\o/

News Comments > Game Reviews
29. Re: Game Reviews Nov 9, 2015, 15:47 Cutter

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 13:14:
I wrote a 10,000+ word review of Skyrim a couple weeks after it came out, and probably a quarter of it was explaining various things I felt were wrong with it... Still gave the game a 97/100. Fact is, Bethesda's RPGs are just that good, and a smattering of flaws that would sink another title don't even come close to ruining the experience overall.

Anybody could take their favorite game and criticize the hell out of it, it's easy when you've become so familiar with it. But you still love it more than anything else.

How could you possibly rate it as that? What was it that warrants that sort of score? The console graphics? The console UI? The bad writing? The bad quests? The millions of bugs? The repetitious caves/ruins/towns, etc.?

On the artistic side as a general game world to walk around in it's a solid 8/10. On the actual gameplay side of things it's about a 3/10. After several years, 2 expansions and a million mods it pushes the game into a solid 7 out of 10, but that's more in spite of Bethsoft and not because of them. Fallout 3 was ugly and it sucked. FO4 isn't looking any better.

15. Re: Game Reviews Nov 9, 2015, 13:12 Cutter

El Pit wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 11:56:
PHJF wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 11:05:
Review at GameTrailers..., "Fallout 4 is flawed in very serious ways..."

9/10

Review at GameTrailers..., "Fallout 4's massive world has plenty of fascinating things to uncover."

9/10

See? It's easy to manipulate by taking a single quote out of a long review.

No, he's right. All the reviews complain long and loud about a whole host of things but give the game 8 or 9 out of 10 regardless. It doesn't jibe. Most player reviews - from the old school at any rate - are all in the 5 or 6 out of 10 zone which sounds about right.

News Comments > Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide
27. Re: Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide Nov 9, 2015, 13:10 Cutter

The lack of SLI support - for a console game - is inexcusable? Uh you do know you're talking about Bethsoft right?

2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2015, 10:36 Cutter

That's weird how weather fronts move. The last 2 days have been back to seasonal here, prior to that we had an amazing week. Only 3 days ago I was outside in shorts and a t-shirt in 19C weather raking more leaves and putting up mah Xmas lights. Now it's back to 10+/-. So that whole front basically took 2 days to get to where you are in NY and has now moved on or dissipated.

6. Re: Game Reviews Nov 9, 2015, 10:31 Cutter

Bottom Line: While Fallout 4 has some concessions in its RPG backbone to make a more accessible game, the post-nuclear wasteland remains as intriguing as ever.

Recommendation: New players will probably have a wonderful time. Long time fans may be disappointed with the game's new direction.

That's about what I expected. Bethsoft catering to the console kids and making this Fallout-lite. They're really good at fleshing out a basic organic world but that's all they're good at. Everything else about Bethsoft games from the tech to the writing sucks. Knew this was going to be a bargain bin buy for me.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 9, 2015, 10:18 Cutter

And then then they wonder why people resort to things like ABP,Ublock Origin, VPNs, et al.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Nov 8, 2015, 20:23 Cutter

Julio wrote on Nov 8, 2015, 19:45:
Apple screwing over the peons again, not even paying them to be searched. Maybe they'll put in full cavity searches next.

Always love seeing Apple fanboys getting screwed over by the company they so dearly love.

News Comments > Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup Nov 8, 2015, 17:04 Cutter

So how the hell is a game greenlit that hasn't even been made? Derp!

10. Re: Christ Centered Gamer Nov 8, 2015, 11:00 Cutter

IBJamon wrote on Nov 8, 2015, 00:08:
Thank you for your comment. I am the author of this review. I have considered what you wrote and you make a good point. I do try to be reasonably objective but I let my emotions get the better of me in this case.

I couldn't help but see the irony/similarity to how this whole debate has been handled in some circles, and the barbs thrown our way, about our viewpoints, and I let that get the better of me when writing that line. We strive to be as objective as is reasonable. I knew when I wrote it that it could be taken a bit divisively by some, but there is no need to use charged language to make my point.

That line of my review has been changed, taking this into account.

Thank you.

IBJamon

How can you possibly be objective based on a belief system that's entirely made up and predicated on the illogical to begin with? That's what's known as specious reasoning. You think that lends some sort of credibility to your twisted morality. It does not. You jerks have been trying to dictate how everyone else should live since day one. Yet, the moment people stand up to stop taking your shit you're the ones who are persecuted. And not a one of you can see the hypocrisy standing right in front of you. Simply amazing! The sooner monotheism is relegated to a bad footnote in the history of humanity - and it's well on its way - the better off we'll be.

23095 Comments. 1155 pages. Viewing page 33.
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo