Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 21269 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 22, 2015, 23:04 Cutter

Microsoft never explicitly stated that the footage was not captured on Xbox One, but--just a few hours after the video went up--the company added a disclaimer to the video to say the footage was "captured on a PC."

No shit. The difference between expressed and implied. Just let the rubes assume this is what they're getting and hope they don't get called on it. And of course they always do.

"During times of universal deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 22, 2015, 21:29 Cutter

So not only is the GOP trying to expand spying against US citizens, they're quietly trying to shove through reauthorization of the misnamed Patriot Act yet again. Gee, what a surprise. It would be laughable if it wasn't so sad that GOP supporters view themselves as some sort of uber-patriots yet they support the very party that the founding fathers warned them against.

And once again, north of the border, we see the Conservatives here screwing over the people of Canada yet again. Thank you conservative idiots everywhere for fucking shit up for the rest of us. You're why we can have nice things on this planet.

And good for that German judge. How could Adblock be illegal? If those advertisers are so concerned then put the content behind a paywall and see who pays for it.

News Comments > GTA5 Account Loss Follow-ups
7. Re: GTA5 Account Loss Follow-ups Apr 22, 2015, 21:10 Cutter

This is inexcusable for a company that makes the kind of money they do. Countdown to class action suit in 3...2...1...

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Trilogy Announced
7. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Trilogy Announced Apr 22, 2015, 21:07 Cutter

Totes War: Hammer Time?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 22, 2015, 14:29 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 13:52:
HBO drops Wildfire on bar that hosted Game of Thrones viewing parties.

I don't understand how this is different from showing sporting events in bars.

It's not. Same with music. When I opened my first bar their was a group in BC - the name escapes me but they were the BC version of RIAA - and they were trying to shake down bar owners saying if we were playing music for customers we had to pay for it much like radio stations. We told them to go fuck themselves because the music A) had already been paid for when we bought the albums B) that the music was for the benefit of the staff and not an incentive to bring in paying customers. We never heard from them again. If these guys were smart they should do the same thing. They pay for HBO so they can watch it wherever the fuck they like as it's for their benefit and not the customers who coincidentally happen to be in the bar at the time.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V NVIDIA Tweak Guide
18. Re: Grand Theft Auto V NVIDIA Tweak Guide Apr 22, 2015, 13:58 Cutter

I think Trevor is tweaked enough, don't you?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 22, 2015, 11:22 Cutter

Unless you're using reusable K-cups like Solofill or MyKCup you shouldn't be using those stupid machines at all. I use a french press myself. And don't bother with organic anything anymore, it's all just greenwashing. Small scale local farming is what's important here.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 21, 2015, 22:26 Cutter

So this is about even creating even more of a stranglehold on the aftermarket. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if they move away from car sales entirely and just make people lease vehicles.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Apr 21, 2015, 22:04 Cutter

Good lord, have you seen the newly released Jurrasic World trailer? Whilst the visual are all oooh aaah the story is painfully stupid. I can't believe this is what they came up. Oh wait, I can because Hollywood is devoid of good talent and stories now.

News Comments > Dances with Witchers
4. Re: Dances with Witchers Apr 21, 2015, 22:00 Cutter

Dance, what a pro!

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Patched
11. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Patched Apr 21, 2015, 21:56 Cutter

I've had virtually zero problems with this game. I had some graphical artifacts with this patch that was resolved by rebooting it. I just finished the story mode 10 minutes ago and it was ahh-mazing!

Probably my fave moment in game has to be when Trevor meets Mary-Ann. Almost pissed my pants laughing at that. A lot of the background conversations with people on their phones are hilarious too. Example: Some fat chick walking by talking to her boyfriend asks, 'Did you get the picture I sent? What picture? The one of my big ol' titties you asked for!'

Now I suppose it's time to explore the online stuff.

News Comments > Convoy Rolls Out
4. Re: Convoy Rolls Out Apr 21, 2015, 21:51 Cutter

Love the premise of this game. It needs to be realized in glorious 3D!

16. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2015, 18:13 Cutter

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 14:42:
Basically it comes down to this fundamental:Good people don't get killed by the police and if a "Good" person does, it's almost always because they were doing something very stupid like charging a police officer pulling you over.

You want to know the best thing to do when get pulled over..
Put your hands on the top of the steering wheel, Don't move until the cop taps on your window and then take one hand to unroll it.
Put your hands back on the steering wheel and only move when he asks you to.

You make the cop much more at ease and happier when he doesn't feel like he's going to have to pull his gun.

1. Good people huh? Like an unarmned man getting choked to death on a public street for peddling loose cigarettes? Getting unloaded on runing away from them? American police killed more people in March (111) than the entire UK police have killed since 1900, and you don't think there's a problem with that? These weren't bad people and most of them weren't white. Just admit it, you're a stone cold racist and bigot.

2. Why the fuck is it my job to make a cop comfortable in giving me a ticket? Most of them are just overpaid ticket dispensers for the state generating revenue with bullshit laws that solely exist for that purpose and are completely arbitrary. Cops now make 100k a year plus massive benefits of which 99% of their job could be done meter maids or cameras for a vastly cheaper amount. You just sound like a well trained dog. Yeah, I know your type, natural born traitor and collaborator. One of those weak willed people who needs the protection and approval of authority figures to validate his miserable existence.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2015, 11:36 Cutter

No, we can't have a modern civilization without fossil fuels. That article - hell, that entire website - is just ridiculous.

How ironic is that? The one time a cop would actually be fully justified in shooting someone and he doesn't. Why not shoot him in the leg at least?

News Comments > Rockstar Social Club Accounts Stolen
10. Re: Rockstar Social Club Accounts Stolen Apr 21, 2015, 11:03 Cutter

Creston wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 10:29:
Frags4Fun wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 09:37:
I never understood why anyone would use the same username and password for all their accounts.

I do it for websites where I really don't care if my account gets hijacked. In recent job searches, I've probably signed up for 40 or 50 new websites, most of them just one-off deals. I can't be arsed to come up with new username/password combos for all of them.

(Yes, I should use LastPass or something. )

Same. What's someone going to do if they hack my account here? Post something? For accounts that don't need to be secure but easy to use it's the same PW for accounts that do they're different and complex.

News Comments > Firefly Cast Returns for Firefly Online
29. Re: Firefly Cast Returns for Firefly Online Apr 21, 2015, 00:36 Cutter

Primalchrome wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 20:36:
Cutter wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 18:32:
I'd wager my ad watching is minimal. Don't own a TV or cable service. I use adblock and ghostery for browsing. I'm very anti-logo.
Hey Cutter...not trying to provoke a rant or fight....I'm just curious. If you believe in supporting the little guy, why would you use adblock? Take Blues for example....that's one of the few revenue models available. Hosting ain't free.

Never said I didn't whitelist, however I was speaking more in terms of buying physical products. I buy a lot of stuff on Etsy. And Blue has options too. Many of us have been saying for years he should be selling merch, ad-free sub services, patreon, etc. but he chooses not to. I'm happy to support him but not at the cost of marketing assholes tracking and targeting me.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2015, 00:32 Cutter

mag wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 00:15:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 18:52:
What if our fighter jets do fall behind China? Does it matter? What big player is going to screw with another nuclear power? Invading the US would be a complete nightmare whether our jets can dance ballet or not.

Besides in five years it's going to be all drones anyway.

It's not a matter of fighting China or Russia or whatever. It's a matter of who will they sell their new fighters to. The next time NATO countries want to fuck around in the Middle East, they don't want to be flying F-18s against whatever new 5th gen fighter the Russians or Chinese sell to them.

I'm assuming that's the case, anyway. I dunno.

Really? And when, pray, was the last time the US, China, and Russia were at war with each other? Oh right, never. And they neve will. The MIIC has been milking the taxpayers since Eisenhower left - and warned the public about. 70 years and trillions of dollars wasted - scratch that, stolen - from the American taxpayer for shit they don't need in conflicts that never needed to happen. But hey, enjoy not even being in the top 30 of living standards around the world now.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China Trailer
5. Re: Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China Trailer Apr 21, 2015, 00:22 Cutter

If they're going to do Asia do it right in full 3D and not side-scroller nonsense. Imagine fighting at the Shaolin Temple n' stuff. That'd be crazy good fun! Or ancient Japan duking it out with Samurai and Ninja!

I'd like to see a 3D Macau however. A buddy of mine is from there and it sounds like a crazy good time. Always wanted to go there.

News Comments > Fermi's Path Released
1. Re: Fermi's Path Released Apr 21, 2015, 00:17 Cutter

Shonte Jr.: Damn. I can't figure out the atomic mass of this motherfuckin' deuteron!

Jamaal: Shit, man, that shit's simple! Okay. Tell me this. Tell me this.

Shonte Jr.: What? What?

Jamaal: What's a deuteron made up of?

Shonte Jr.: Duh, a proton and a neutron.

Jamaal: Then what's this motherfuckin' electron doing right there?

Shonte Jr.: Shit, I don't know!

Jamaal: Well, get it outta there then!

Shonte Jr.: Okay, so, you're sayin' I add up the atomic masses of the proton and the neutron, right, I see's that, but what do I do with the goddamn electron? Can I bring it over here?

Jamaal: Enrico Fermi'd roll over in his motherfucking grave if he heard that stupid shit. I mean, he'd just turn over ass up in your face. He wouldn't give a fuck!

Lee Harvey: Hey, Jamaal, man, just cut my man some slack, dog.

Jamaal: Look here, man, I'm just tryin' to help him save face, all right? I mean, you know, he keep askin' questions like that, motherfuckers gonna think he's stupid!

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Video Diary
6. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Video Diary Apr 21, 2015, 00:14 Cutter

The visuals aren't DICE's problem, QA is. Every game is just a bug-laden haxfest. I seriously doubt they even have a QA department. Couple that with no private servers, mod tools - and I'm sure it'll be consolized to boot - and why would you even want to bother with this? Once you get past the 'Ooh shiny new Star Wars' bit it's going to suck. Maybe not big fat donkey balls like the films will, but suck sweaty jawa balls at least.

21269 Comments. 1064 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo