Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 17946 (Ninja)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 19, 2014, 00:36 Cutter

Dades wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 20:26:
Cutter wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 19:59:
Yeah, and the problem with the Fire phone is it's no good to anyone who isn't in the US so that kind of puts the kibosh on that before its even begun.

It's only being sold in the US right now. It will open up to other territories soon, Amazon is pretty good about offering their stuff everywhere.

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

But they don't. Ever been to Amazon.ca? It's the red headed step child of the family. Oh sure, you can get Amazon Prime here for the same price - but without ANY of the benefits you get in the US. And my understanding is it's the same for Europe. So really it's absolutely pointless outside of the US. So how are they to compete with Apple, Samsung, Google, MS, which are all truly global.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 18, 2014, 20:06 Cutter

“Wireless is different … it is dependent on finite spectrum,” Meredith Attwell Baker, the new head of CTIA.

Oh so those are a different kind of digital bits? I didn't realize those were a "special" kind of radio waves. Probably made by Oompa Loompas in the Wonka factory no doubt.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 18, 2014, 20:02 Cutter

Um, I have yet to see any ISP promise any definite speed. All I've EVER seen is "UP TO XXXmpbs". Thankfully my ISP - Acanac - actually does live up to their advertised speeds.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 18, 2014, 19:59 Cutter

Yeah, and the problem with the Fire phone is it's no good to anyone who isn't in the US so that kind of puts the kibosh on that before its even begun.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Jun 18, 2014, 19:58 Cutter

Is he not going by "Doctor" Smart anymore? Heh.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2014, Part 13
2. Re: It Came from E3 2014, Part 13 Jun 18, 2014, 19:56 Cutter

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 19:49:
There was really only 1 game that I REALLY want to play and that's No Man's Sky.

So long as there's some actual gameplay to it. Flying off a planet into space is cool and all, but that'll get old fast if that's all there is. What I wanted to see most was FO4 and Sleepy Dogs Rise of the Triads. Really bummed there was nothing on them.

News Comments > Phil Fish Baits YouTube; Becomes Twitter Quitter
4. Re: Phil Fish Baits YouTube; Becomes Twitter Quitter Jun 18, 2014, 19:53 Cutter

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 19:50:
Classic case of Quebecker entitlement syndrome.

I don't know if anyone outside of Canada would get that. And realize that it's not a joke.

News Comments > Phil Fish Baits YouTube; Becomes Twitter Quitter
2. Re: Phil Fish Baits YouTube; Becomes Twitter Quitter Jun 18, 2014, 19:53 Cutter

Exactly! Everytime someone quotes me I should get paid! In fact everytime anyone does anything they should have to pay someone! Open the door to your house! Pay the company the made the door as well as the guy who installed it! Flush your toilet? Pay American Standard and the plumber who installed it! Yes, we should all ever only have to work once and get paid for it forever!

News Comments > Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics Return to Steam
1. Re: Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics Return to Steam Jun 18, 2014, 19:49 Cutter

Good to hear. Everyone should play FO1 & FO2 at least once. Meanwhile, wtf is FO4?!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2014, 19:48 Cutter

Dades wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 19:37:
Why is it a problem? Income disparity is natural, some people are losers who will turn every victory into a failure somehow. Some people work hard and make more money, other people sit around crying about it online. We all pay taxes and I already pay more than my fair share, my obligations to other peoples finances end there. You want a fair shake in life? Work for it, no one owes you anything. Global revolt? Don't make me laugh, people sit around whining about a netflix price increase like its the apocalypse. They're too apathetic to ever take action and most of them are too damned fat and lazy too. Things are going to continue as is because that's exactly what people want.

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

Yeah, but the problem is you and I are paying ours and they're not paying theirs. They're gaming the system so everything goes their way and we keep losing and losing more. No one thinks Revolutions will ever happen, until they happen. What do you think Occupy was? Not a full blown Revolution, no, but a strong indicator of where things are headed. As things get worse, people get angrier. And then react. And it's usually a very bad, very violent reaction. We're not talking about the philosophy of economics here, were' talking about real life and real problems. And the ridiculous thing is it's all very avoidable in the first place.

News Comments > Op Ed
35. Re: Op Ed Jun 18, 2014, 19:43 Cutter

Ever hear women bitch about chivalry is dead if a man doesn't open a door for a woman? Then bitch because they're capable of getting the door themselves? There's no winning, fellas.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2014, 16:45 Cutter

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 14:48:
I can't lie, I am a bit selfish. It's part of the reason I knew I shouldn't get married. But even if I had Bill Gates level wealth, I wouldn't spend $20M on a stamp. Although, thinking about it, I'd be tempted just to annoy people who think like you. Yes, some people can not afford to purchase a house. But how you got from there to it's because of people who spend $20M on a stamp, I have no clue. Unless you are claiming anyone who isn't disposing of all unnecessary income to charity is stomping on the population of the world. But seeing as whomever buys that stamp is probably spending a lower percentage of their wealth on it than you would on a PC... not sure where that leaves things.

Not giving it all away, but just paying their fair share like everyone else - which they don't. And not gaming the system to ensure things keep flowing up to them while it gets worse for the rest of us. Just a fair fucking shake is not a lot to ask. In fact, it's in their best interest that should happen because we all know what the end result is when things get too far out of whack between the elites and the masses - French Revolution, Red October, Cuba, etc. etc. etc.

Here's a great article on the subject....

The Inclusive Capitalism Initiative is Trojan Horse to quell coming global revolt

And this is beautiful. Rather than actually make things better for everyone, they're discussing how to create PR campaigns so it appears that things are getting better for everyone, when in fact they're getting worse. Their greed is mind boggling....

"Leading financiers referred to statistics on rising global inequalities and the role of banks and corporations in marginalising the majority while accelerating systemic financial risk – vindicating the need for change.

While the self-reflective recognition by global capitalism’s leaders that business-as-usual cannot continue is welcome, sadly the event represented less a meaningful shift of direction than a barely transparent effort to rehabilitate a parasitical economic system on the brink of facing a global uprising.

Central to the proceedings was an undercurrent of elite fear that the increasing disenfranchisement of the vast majority of the planetary population under decades of capitalist business-as-usual could well be its own undoing.

The Conference on Inclusive Capitalism is the brainchild of the Henry Jackson Society (HJS), a little-known but influential British think tank with distinctly neoconservative and xenophobic leanings. In May 2012, HJS executive director Alan Mendoza explained the thinking behind the project:

“… we felt that such was public disgust with the system, there was a very real danger that politicians could seek to remedy the situation by legislating capitalism out of business.”

News Comments > Op Ed
25. Re: Op Ed Jun 18, 2014, 16:29 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 15:35:
I know, right? What were those uppity black folks back in the '60s THINKING? All those marches and rallies and riots did nothing to further their cause! If only they'd gently nudged.

And look at all the violence that ensued during that period. That's precisely my point. The government had to call out the fucking national guard in several states just to keep order. That's the end result of trying to force people into things they don't agree with. And what do you have today? Still a heavily fractured melting pot that doesn't melt. Multiculturalism doesn't work. And men and women are not equals. That doesn't mean one is inherently better than the other, it just means they're not equals. All the feel good PC liberalism is just so much Disneyfied bullshit. Walt Disney knew it was all bullshit, but it would sell. Do you honestly believe the ditch diggers of the world are just as important to humanity as someone like Stephen Hawking?

News Comments > Deus Ex Universe Online Hint?
17. Re: Deus Ex Universe Online Hint? Jun 18, 2014, 16:19 Cutter

harlock wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 16:00:
CD projekt Red Cyberpunk will so utterly destroy Deus Ex series... people will be like "Day ooh what?"

I sure hope so, but given how Witcher really has people split into the love it or don't really like it groups I definitely won't be getting my hopes up. Never cared for the Witcher games so we'll see.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2014, 14:16 Cutter

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 12:56:
Hey, at least the rich just spend their money now instead of using slave labor to build pyramids. Remember Cutter, you are probably richer than a vast majority of the world population, look how you spend your money. On computers and games! Hang the rich!

It's all relative to being rich and poor in any country of your choosing. What isn't is when most people can't afford the things that were commonly accepted because our ancestors worked so hard to get them. We've been losing ground since/because of Reagan/Thatcher/Mulroney. Most people should be able to afford a house - not be forever indebted to the banks for one. Most people should be able to afford to live in a decent neighborhood and eat decent food. However that's not the case because some people have 20 million dollars to blow on a fucking stamp. If you don't see anything wrong with that then you've just as selfish as the prick who'd pay 20 million dollars for a tiny piece of coloured paper with some glue on it.

News Comments > Alien Isolation About 15 Hours
17. Re: Alien Isolation About 15 Hours Jun 18, 2014, 14:07 Cutter

SlimRam wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 10:57:
The people that have the oculus rift for this game will undoubtedly have the better experience. I mean, when things get really scary you can always just look down and see your bewbs for comfort

Are you playing the space janitor cleaning up the messes the crew and the alien leave behind?

News Comments > Free Magrunner: Dark Pulse on GOG.com
3. Re: Free Magrunner: Dark Pulse on GOG.com Jun 18, 2014, 14:06 Cutter

Good ol' Good Ol' Games!

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2014, 12:03 Cutter

WTF has 20 million to blow on a goddamned stamp? Fucking revolution is long past due. Hang the rich!

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 18, 2014, 11:58 Cutter

How do people that stupid become mayor anywhere. Oh wait, all the morons that are permitted a vote. Right.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 18, 2014, 11:54 Cutter

And both the SP3 and MBA are vastly overpriced.

17946 Comments. 898 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo