Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 20434 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 12, 2015, 13:05 Cutter

Prez wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 12:50:
Personally I think the whole "forced vaccination" idea is a non-starter. If herd immunity happens somewhere in the 90% range then my suggestion for a solution would be to get the number of conscientious objectors down under 10% via education and just the right amount of scare tactics.

I'd rather see reproduction require a license by the state and just weed these morons out of the gene pool altogether.

“That's it. You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!”
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > EFF Seeks DMCA Game Exception
11. Re: EFF Seeks DMCA Game Exception Feb 12, 2015, 13:02 Cutter

Suppa7 wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 12:22:
Cutter wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 12:10:
Yeah, fuck the EFF for trying to stand up for consumers. The nerve of those assholes, huh?

Rolleyes

The problem you don't see is that you need enough population of your nation that isn't braindead. This isn't america. The average american is a stupid reactionary mother fucker.

Things like the EFF require some kind of motive force aka a real on the ground movement of people to over-turn the corruption that requires a mass movement. It's not going to come about bloviating on the internet via blogposts.

You're too illiterate of history to even make the comment. Try opening a history book sometime of what's required to make serious social changes.

They are not "fighting for your rights", that would require going against good old fashion free market ideology that americans are drunk on. American culture general is criminal, violent and corrupt. That's why you people are constantly involved in wars all over the world and most americans sit on their ass passively and are either cheerleaders and spectate or are mere protestors. If you really wanted to stop shit, you'd get off your ass and storm the government. That isn't americans let's be honest.

I'm historically illiterate? Uh yeah. Clearly you're unfamiliar with my work, or the fact that I did an honours BA in History and Poly Sci.

Yeah, the civil rights movement in the 60s was such bullshit huh? It's good thing Jim Crow laws still exist. Oh wait!

Or the millions of American citizens that have protested the various wars from Vietnam onward. The current Occupy movements or the the movements that killed SOPA - as Id points out. Millions of people support the EFF but don't let the facts get in the way of your idiotic rant.

Son, lay off the drugs and come on down to reality.

“That's it. You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!”

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 12, 2015, 12:50 Cutter

Don't most Americans refer to him as 'Aberam' or 'Honest Abe'?

And you can ignore that alcohol article. They always get that stuff wrong. Look what happened with animals fats. They have people fearing it, everything gets switched to manmade transfats and we have an obesity epidemic. Now they're finally coming out saying they were wrong. Or people just get it wrong. When the American Food Council said the average adult needs 64oz of water per day which they easily get through their food and drink over the course of the day became you need to drink 8 8oz glasses of water a day. One of my best friend's dad is a neurologist and he swears a martini a day is good for you. So I'll stick with his advice on that, thanks.

That Man from UNCLE trailer looks good. And cannot wait for the new Bond flick!

That 'upside' down truck is just stupid however.

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Feb 12, 2015, 12:32 Cutter

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 11:10:
Well guys, I already got me redchan.it(8ch redirect) address. Want your own? Possibly nsfw: Hit it up here. It's damn funny how the sjw's, and other sites are now panicking over the law & order episode. I think they may, may, have just realized that the media isn't going to jump on the bandwagon with them and is going to hurt their sweet victimbux.

Elofakingel.

Ruh?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
11. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 12, 2015, 12:29 Cutter

Republican lawmakers will investigate whether there has been communication between the White House and the FCC and whether that constitutes an undue influence of the independent agency.

Oh, so undue influence to protect consumers is wrong, but undue influence from your corporate masters is perfectly fine? Fuck those hypocritical motherfuckers and the horses they rode in on. Why people keep voting for those assholes and against their own self-interest shows just how stupid most people are. Hence the old expression, 'Republican voters are rich or stupid, and most of them aren't rich.'

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 12, 2015, 12:22 Cutter

What's all this nonsense about weasels?

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Feb 12, 2015, 12:19 Cutter

Wallshadows wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 11:31:
Aside from Hipsters, I don't think there is any sub-culture which annoys me more than Steampunk and I don't know why.

Do they just make you irate to look at them? Do you want to just mow them down with your car and laugh maniacally while you scream 'Die you steampunk motherfuckers!' or is it because they confuse steamPUNK with the Victorian era where one has nothing to do with the other?

Everyone at least hates hipsters for good reason. Every time I see some douche with a beard and toque on during the summer I just want to mow him down with my car screaming 'Die you hipster motherfucker!'

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Physical Rewards Vote
9. Re: Pillars of Eternity Physical Rewards Vote Feb 12, 2015, 12:12 Cutter

Just give me my year long dealyed game already fuckers!

News Comments > EFF Seeks DMCA Game Exception
7. Re: EFF Seeks DMCA Game Exception Feb 12, 2015, 12:10 Cutter

Yeah, fuck the EFF for trying to stand up for consumers. The nerve of those assholes, huh?

Rolleyes

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Feb 11, 2015, 20:25 Cutter

America is the world's worst girlfriend.

Lol! The man has just gotten happier and funnier since his divorce.

Louis CK on Divorce

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 11, 2015, 20:14 Cutter

That is still my facourite English expression, 'That's just not cricket, old boy.'

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Feb 11, 2015, 20:13 Cutter

Even at 50% it's still pricey given that A) what there is is extremely short and limited B) they'll probably never finish it anyway - or at this rate it's another 2 years out.

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Collection Story Trailer
2. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collection Story Trailer Feb 11, 2015, 20:10 Cutter

Ok, that was pretty effin' sweet. I forgot how good this game was. I'll pick it up - again - it hits 5 credits.

News Comments > Evolve Skin Costs Tallied
1. Re: Evolve Skin Costs Tallied Feb 11, 2015, 20:06 Cutter

Well at least the community can use the editor to do all that sort of stuff themselves, same as the do in CoD, BF, et al.

Oh wait!

News Comments > Daybreak Layoffs
4. Re: Daybreak Layoffs Feb 11, 2015, 20:05 Cutter

Oh man, this has only just begun. It's over, Johnny! It's OVER!

My sympathies to the people affected by this - except Smed - those guys are nuckin' futs if they don't get rid of him ASAP.

News Comments > Dying Light Free Hard Mode Update Coming
2. Re: Dying Light Free Hard Mode Update Coming Feb 11, 2015, 20:02 Cutter

Oh yeah? You like it nice and hard do you?
Evilgrin

18. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 11, 2015, 13:54 Cutter

Killer Kane wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 11:45:
No worries. The future is here. After a few are built and perfected across the coast-line, the rest of the country will be asking us for water (since we live near the biggest body of water on the planet); like they do for food, oil, technology and television and movies. Just don't ask us to share our weather.

Plenty of drinkable water here
(and you can keep your damn hippies!)

Why would the northern states ask for any of that when they have a lot more actual fresh water and natural resources to boot? And their next door neighbor north of them has even more of that stuff! And lastly, how is California going to provide that when the San Andreas fault drops you guys into the ocean sometime in the next decade?
Evilgrin

News Comments > Vietnam '65 Next Month
8. Re: Vietnam '65 Next Month Feb 11, 2015, 13:47 Cutter

Trainwreck wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 13:10:
Task wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 09:52:
Only US side? If I can't play as the Vietnamese who won their deserved victory, then its a no go.

Dude, if you had any idea what the communists who "deserved victory" were actually like, you'd know how completely fucked up that statement is. I'm not saying America should have got involved (we shouldn't have) or that we didn't blunder our way through a lot of it with high cost to life (we did), but the communist unification of the country in the 1970s was absolutely nothing to celebrate.

Better idea for a game: take America and its other non-Vietnamese allies and make them tangents to the story at best. Focus on Vietnamese protagonists from both sides and show how fucked up a civil war really can be.

Said by someone with obviously no knowledge of history. And what, pray, do you think precipitates all these Revolutions to begin with? That people have it so good they're just bored and decide to revolt for shits n' giggles? At the rate NA and Europe is going with the redistribution of wealth to the top it won't be too long before we're revolting as well. We've already seen the beginning steps of it over the last 10 years. Income equality, social justice, etc. aren't just abstract concepts to be debated. They're things people actually want and need. Hence the Magna Carta, the Constitution, and every red revolution around the globe over the last century.

Tom Breaker:
Look, Bill, if this is about reliving the 60's, you can forget about it, buddy. The movement is dead.

William Strannix:
Yes, of course! Hence the name: movement. It moves a certain distance, then it stops, you see? A revolution gets its name by always coming back around in your face. You tried to kill me you son of a bitch... so welcome to the revolution.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 11, 2015, 10:58 Cutter

Ahh, the old bronzed sculpture of your anus. If that isn't true love, what is? Sounds like it would be a gift better suited for a divorce.

And for those of us in the north east, get comfortable. We have another month of this shit to go at least. Below seasonal norms and above average snow. Sigh. And I was really hoping we were going to squeak throw this winter without this bullshit given last year's insanity.

News Comments > Vietnam '65 Next Month
4. Re: Vietnam '65 Next Month Feb 11, 2015, 10:43 Cutter

SirKnight wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 10:06:
Task wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 09:52:
Only US side? If I can't play as the Vietnamese who won their deserved victory, then its a no go.

WTF?

He's right. The colonialists had no business being there in the first place.

20434 Comments. 1022 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo