Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 16481 (Ninja)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 28, 2014, 14:46 Cutter

I use my phone to check maps - but not while I'm driving! When I'm stopped at the lights. Otherwise I'll pull over because driving and flashing back and forth between a map and the road is both dangerous and ultimately impractical. Again, there's zero need to do this whilst actually in the process of driving.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 28, 2014, 14:44 Cutter

The average Spybox user response to this news? "Derp?"

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 28, 2014, 14:40 Cutter

How about we just nationalize the web as necessary utility - the way phone service used to be and still should be - instead? It cost these guys less than a nickel per GB of data transferred - and their level probably fractions of a cent. Their markup is outrageous. It's legalized extortion. If the mob were doing this they would have been nailed for racketeering long ago. Collusion, virtual monopolies/duopolies, etc. And they're still always, always, looking for another way to fuck someone in the ass. You see what happens, Donny?

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 28, 2014, 14:34 Cutter

Secure smartphone? Riiiiiight.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 28, 2014, 14:29 Cutter

Awesome news!

Wth is SMITE?

News Comments > Star Citizen Hangar Adds Oculus Rift Support
25. Re: Star Citizen Hangar Adds Oculus Rift Support Feb 28, 2014, 14:25 Cutter

Shataan wrote on Feb 28, 2014, 10:00:
Hey lets add future support for a periferal that's still vapourware for the general masses. Imho until anyone who wants an Oculus can buy an Oculus off the shelf, then the Oculus is just a buzzword.

Spot on.

News Comments > State of Decay DLC Plans
6. Re: State of Decay DLC Plans Feb 28, 2014, 14:21 Cutter

I was going to buy this the other day but a lot of the negative reviews dissuaded me with a good argument which seems to be prevalent in these zombie games, and that is they get repetitious very quickly. They all seem to start out well, but after a few hours it all very quickly becomes lather, rinse, repeat...always repeat. Establish safe house. Acquire supplies. Done. There are never any overarching goals. Get somewhere permanently safe. Find a way to end the zombie apocalypse, etc. And games like DayZ and Rust become entirely about griefing or being griefed. No thanks.

It seems they need to get a lot more RPGish. I hope Dead State turns out much better in this regard.

News Comments > Minecraft Movie Plans
19. Re: Minecraft Movie Plans Feb 28, 2014, 14:12 Cutter

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 28, 2014, 13:50:
Ratty wrote on Feb 28, 2014, 10:56:
Totally disagree with you guys. I think a live action movie with the cubic landscape and creatures would be awesome. I'm thinking something like Tron. I really would have no interest in seeing yet another all cgi-movie.

Usually movies have a plot though.... not just a setting.

Exactly. What would the Minecraft movie be about? Some guy standing around mining cubes? Wow, the excitement is too much to bear! notch must be laughing himself silly over this. People wanting to give him millions to make a movie about Minecraft...cereal.

Oh and notch, if you want to be part of making a movie it's actually really, really easy. Just go PA on a shoot. Anyone can do it.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Shadowrun: Dragonfall
21. Re: Ships Ahoy - Shadowrun: Dragonfall Feb 28, 2014, 06:36 Cutter

Flatline wrote on Feb 28, 2014, 04:07:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 12:54:
I was somewhat interested, but not for 15 (20$)

The base game was very short and very shallow with barely anything to do or experience... gonna wait for reviews

It was worth the Kickstart. We got it for free. I've read that completion freaks were clocking in at 17 or 18 hours for this campaign though, which is good.

From what I've played of it, it's a higher quality campaign. The writing is far more... err... visceral. It's got a definite noir/pulp fiction zing and style to it. The art is better and the combat starts out more difficult. Dragonfall is probably the campaign that should have shipped. Dead Man's Switch is nowhere near the quality. It's almost more of an introduction to the engine in retrospect.

I concur wholeheartedly. This is what the game should have been. This is an immense improvement all around. If they can keep it going forward with new assets, improvements and dlc for the community this game can now have some real longevity.

News Comments > Tex Murphy - Project Fedora's 2K Graphics
5. Re: Tex Murphy - Project Fedora's 2K Graphics Feb 28, 2014, 06:31 Cutter

Or as he's known by the Mexicans...Tejas Murphy.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 27, 2014, 21:30 Cutter

Let's go you mofos! Get it out on PC already!

News Comments > Evening Previews
1. Re: Evening Previews Feb 27, 2014, 21:28 Cutter

That was so stupid to do this in the MOBA space. They should have done it as a CRPG or ARPG at least.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 27, 2014, 21:27 Cutter

At least Braben has actual product to show so far.

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Feb 27, 2014, 21:26 Cutter

Metro Last Light on sale for $12 on the Humble Store!

News Comments > Munin Announced
1. Re: Munin Announced Feb 27, 2014, 21:25 Cutter

Norse mythology?! You had me. Platformer? You lost me.

News Comments > Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms Announced
9. Re: Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms Announced Feb 27, 2014, 21:17 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 19:55:
"Guys, I have a great idea! Let's take every fantasy trope from the last 30 years, AND PUT IT IN ONE GAME!!11 It'll be Epic!"

Medieval level with decrepit church - CHECK
Arabic level - CHECK
Lava level - CHECK
Asian level with Buddhist Statues - CHECK
Dragon breathing fire - CHECK
Demons breathing fire - CHECK
Big muscly guys with smashers - CHECK
Minotaurs - CHECK
Dinosaurs - CHECK
Spells! - CHECK
Giant scorpions - CHECK
Walking treemen - CHECK
Combination name stolen from previous fantasy games - CHECK

The prof said the original was overlooked, so maybe this plays better than it looks, but watching this trailer it made it look so by-the-numbers.

But the writing is so good! Things are crying out, darkness is rising, there's only a last hope for salvation, there are masters and puppets!!! You don't see original quality tropes like that every day, do you?!?!

News Comments > Deadfall Adventures Free Weekend
2. Re: Deadfall Adventures Free Weekend Feb 27, 2014, 21:11 Cutter

Yeah I love all the old adventure pulps and serials so this sort of thing is right up my alley...except that all the reviews say it's pretty bad. I have too much on my plate atm anyway so I'll bite when it's bargain bin - probably the Xmas sale.

News Comments > BioShock Infinite DLC to Add 1998 Mode
7. Re: BioShock Infinite DLC to Add 1998 Mode Feb 27, 2014, 21:06 Cutter

How about AK47 mode? You know, like when you absolutely, positively have to kill every motherfucker in the room.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 27, 2014, 15:35 Cutter

Looks like this one got missed....

Scania Truck Driving Simulator

Didn't even know this was in the works. Only 1 review for it so far and it's quite positive. I wonder if this is idicative of the upcoming 1.9 patch for ETS2. Media looks pretty sweet. I'll be grabbing this soon. Meantime Creston should take the plunge first and let us know.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Titanfall
39. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 15:30 Cutter

If a Tit falls in a forest, does it make a sound?

16481 Comments. 825 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo