Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 19156 (Ninja)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 21, 2014, 20:19 Cutter

CBS just debuted its own subscription streaming service... and it is possibly the worst streaming TV deal out there.

CBS is offering access to the current seasons of 15 primetime shows, full past seasons of 8 popular shows, some seasons of "CBS Classics" like CSI: Miami, access to live events, and the ability to stream Big Brother 24/7.

This is such a bad deal in so many ways. Unlike HBO, you don't need a subscription to CBS, so you'd be paying for content you could get for free anyways. Football is not included in the live events. You can watch some of these programs on Amazon Prime and Netflix, and even if you can't, it some cases it still makes more sense to access them another way. Say you love The Good Wife but aren't that into other CBS programming (like me). It's cheaper to just buy a season pass on iTunes for $45 than it is to shuck out $72 a year for this streaming service and try really hard to care about NCIS.

That pretty much says all you need to know. Who the hell watches network TV anyway?

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 John Wick DLC; Game Free with Movie Ticket
2. Re: PAYDAY 2 John Wick DLC; Game Free with Movie Ticket Oct 21, 2014, 20:13 Cutter

Just watch the trailer and it looks decent. Love me a good anti-hero flick. There's not nearly enough of them.  

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

News Comments > Warlock II: Wrath of the Nagas Expansion Released
1. Re: Warlock II: Wrath of the Nagas Expansion Released Oct 21, 2014, 20:01 Cutter

S'up my naga?

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 21, 2014, 16:55 Cutter

And the companies are on the hook for the bills?!?! That is fucking insane!

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
20. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 21, 2014, 16:52 Cutter

Shopping online in Canada isn't viable for the most part. Forget ordering anything from the US as the shipping is exorbitant. Yet, I can order stuff from China for free, usually expedited shipping too. I'd love to know how that works.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Corporate Lockdown DLC This Month
11. Re: Alien: Isolation Corporate Lockdown DLC This Month Oct 21, 2014, 16:37 Cutter

El Pit wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 16:34:
Cutter wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 16:23:
I always thought the Alien moves based on whatever DNA it's combined with. In the prison when it came out of the dog it was much more canine like. With the Predator it was even more predatory. But the ability to gallop on all fours, scale walls, etc. is a definite evolutionary advantage. The only thing 2 legs gives you is height.

So having two hands free was a not so important evolutional step in the cutterverse?

All the better to strangle you with, my dear. :-bigbadwolf-:

Edit: I dunno. Opposable thumbs are pretty groovy, but tear assing across the plains at 60 mph like a Cheetah would be seriously badass.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
5. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 21, 2014, 16:36 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 13:10:
Donations Pour in After Pro-Gamer Dies During Tournament.

Wow, that's awful that he died, and wonderful that the community is coming together. Comments in that thread are overwhelmingly sympathetic. I wonder what happened to him. He was young and not overweight.

Yes, but those religious based comments really get on my tits. Just leave your fuckin' god out of it, ok?

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
10. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 21, 2014, 16:30 Cutter

You guys are right, that CRPG does look awful.

News Comments > Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition Dropping GFWL for Steam
17. Re: Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition Dropping GFWL for Steam Oct 21, 2014, 16:27 Cutter

NegaDeath wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 14:08:
Total-Khaos wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 12:13:
Ouch - that is one shitty ISP you got there. You must use the majority of your monthly cap on pr0n, am I right?

*high five bro*

Man can't live by 20GB of pr0n alone.

But he can sure try!
Biker

News Comments > Metallica to Close BlizzCon
23. Re: Metallica to Close BlizzCon Oct 21, 2014, 16:26 Cutter

Total-Khaos wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 13:36:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 12:57:
Shark jumped.

I wonder how many people even get that reference nowadays. Man, I feel old.

So jumping the shark has jumped the shark?

It was jumped a long time ago. 5 years ago my buddy was chatting up a cute young thing when he referred to a dudebro that was there as Fonzie, to which she replied, 'What's a Fonzie?'. Needless to say it didn't progress beyond that.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Corporate Lockdown DLC This Month
9. Re: Alien: Isolation Corporate Lockdown DLC This Month Oct 21, 2014, 16:23 Cutter

I always thought the Alien moves based on whatever DNA it's combined with. In the prison when it came out of the dog it was much more canine like. With the Predator it was even more predatory. But the ability to gallop on all fours, scale walls, etc. is a definite evolutionary advantage. The only thing 2 legs gives you is height.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 21, 2014, 10:36 Cutter

Frags4Fun wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 09:57:
That old man was a dick. I don't think the young guy expected it to get that serious but even so, he should have defended better. The old guy was good though.

Windmilling isn't skill. He just got lucky where he connected and the punk got his bell rung. You're right that he should have defended himself better, but he was obviously cocky and thought it was a joke. Life lesson learned.

News Comments > Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft
62. Re: Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft Oct 20, 2014, 22:25 Cutter

BitWraith wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 22:19:
You people lack empathy.

Go have a fucking rally already. Hold hands and sing Kumbaya with the other SJWs where you can all sit in a drum circle and commiserate about how fucking awful the rest of us are because we really don't give a shit about this stupidity - and that's all it is. I have plenty of empathy...for things that actually matter.

No empathy because we won't join the SJW circle-jerk. Holy blue flaming Jesus on a pogo stick! Rolleyes

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 20, 2014, 22:18 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 21:49:
Zuckerberg sues lawyers who represented man claiming half of Facebook.

Is that a thing? Can you sue the lawyers for representing a client who is lying, even if you suspect it? That such suits could be brought would seem to undermine a lawyers ability to zealously represent his or her client.

Hell yeah you can sue lawyers for anything.

"The lawyers representing Ceglia knew or should have known that the lawsuit was a fraud—it was brought by a convicted felon with a history of fraudulent scams, and it was based on an implausible story and obviously forged documents. In fact, Defendants’ own co-counsel discovered the fraud, informed the other lawyers, and withdrew. Despite all this, Defendants vigorously pursued the case in state and federal courts and in the media," Facebook said in a New York Supreme Court suit.

That right there is grounds to be disbarred and jailed. Getting sued is the least of their worries right now. Zealous is one thing, knowingly contributing to a fraud in hopes of some quick out of court money is actionable.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Oct 20, 2014, 22:00 Cutter

Yeah, public Wiffy networks are dangerous like everything else if you're a nub and don't know how to protect yourself.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
3. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 20, 2014, 21:50 Cutter

Whatevs.

Rolleyes

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 20, 2014, 21:49 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 21:28:
That's cool. The Flame in the Flood looks intriguing.

Yeah, hope it turns out well. I'll be in if it does.

That sucks. Human Resources looked pretty cool.

I'd imagine they should be able to fund that themselves. I think people are tired of backing those sorts of projects where they know they can self-fund or find it otherwise.

News Comments > Space Engineers Sells 1M
2. Re: Space Engineers Sells 1M Oct 20, 2014, 21:46 Cutter

So it's unfinished? And it sounds like it's going to stay that way. And that's the problem with early-access games.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Season Pass Announced
10. Re: Far Cry 4 Season Pass Announced Oct 20, 2014, 21:44 Cutter

Dacron wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 20:25:
Prez wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 20:21:
Or, the truth is somewhere in the middle.

No, the truth is out there.

I believe.

/mulder

"Somewhere between the light and shadow falls the reality."
- T.S. Elliot

News Comments > Door Kickers Released
2. Re: Door Kickers Released Oct 20, 2014, 21:43 Cutter

Now you too can know what it's like to execute no-knock warrants and execute innocent people with no repercussions at all!

19156 Comments. 958 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo