Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 20456 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $76M
7. Re: Star Citizen Hits $76M Mar 25, 2015, 12:30 Cutter

InBlack wrote on Mar 25, 2015, 08:53:
Long Live the Chairman!

Yeah I miss Ol' Blue Eyes as well.

“That's it. You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!”
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Seven Dragon Saga Kickstarter Postponed
8. Re: Seven Dragon Saga Kickstarter Postponed Mar 25, 2015, 12:30 Cutter

If they want $25 they better show a lot more and a lot better than what they did. Visually the game looked like a turd and played like one too. It wasn't in the least inspiring. So asking for a minimum of $25 per game and 500k overall was pretty laughable at best. They may be SSI vets but it also looks like they're stuck in the past too. That doesn't engender confidence. I'm sure we wish them all the luck in the world, but they need to seriously sit down and rethink everything.

“That's it. You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!”

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline DRM Complaints
34. Re: Battlefield Hardline DRM Complaints Mar 25, 2015, 12:24 Cutter

I just activated PoE on GoG so I won't run into this shit. From this point forward GoG will be my portal of choice pprecisely because of this sort of anti-consumerist bullshit. Hell, I'd like to know why we even a DL portal to begin with? Just let me DL and back it up to CD/USB myself. Same with the patches. Just like we used to do for all those years and it worked fine.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 25, 2015, 09:16 Cutter

Even though I haven't got an email notice yet my key was ready on the PoE backer site. I went with GoG even though Steam is doing pre-loads - no DRM thank you. The game is only 6 gigs anyway and doesn't unlock until 9AM PST tomorrow, so no big whoop.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 25, 2015, 09:06 Cutter

That'd be cool. It'd lead to all kinds of futuristic TRON type clothing.

And your car forcing you to slow down? Whatever there's a situation that calls for you to speed up to avoid a hazard? Thanks but no thanks. Not unless they're going to drastically increase speed limits in the process. I can see the inevitable lawsuits now, as well as the massive hit to the economy.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
3. Re: Morning Screenshots Mar 25, 2015, 09:00 Cutter

Well, it is a substantial difference. Lulz at the console players!

News Comments > Seven Dragon Saga Kickstarter Postponed
1. Re: Seven Dragon Saga Kickstarter Postponed Mar 25, 2015, 08:58 Cutter

People were quite unimpressed with what they saw in terms of quality as well as scope. It's good they now realize they'll have to do considerably better if they want to ask for dime one.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Mar 25, 2015, 08:55 Cutter

Good on Gencon but likely an empty threat as they're apparently contracted they're for another 4 years. And why do these States even bother with this nonsense when it's just overturned at the Federal level? Employers are going to discriminate in all kinds of ways regardless. You have to be a tool to get caught doing it.

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Mar 24, 2015, 21:50 Cutter

Never understood the Tie Fighter. It's such a bad design.

Star Wars Yun-Harla Starfighter

Now that's a sensible, yet badass, starfighter.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 24, 2015, 21:02 Cutter

Almost every waking hour of the day you're glued to a gadget? Um no.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 24, 2015, 21:00 Cutter

Before June 1, a select group of people and companies, including trademarked brands, are getting first dibs on some of the more controversial domains. During this so-called "Sunrise period," which is mandated by ICANN, some brands have already taken advantage.

Um why? Why should they get dibs? Fucking elites already have everything else. And the decline of democracy continues unabated.

News Comments > Convoy Rolls Next Month
1. Re: Convoy Rolls Next Month Mar 24, 2015, 20:46 Cutter

I wonder if SCS will do a "Convoy" expansion for American Trucker?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
10. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 24, 2015, 20:44 Cutter

Julio wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 20:12:
descender wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 15:51:
This is likely the last "closed" console generation we will see. The push for an open platform is as strong as it will ever be.

"Consoles" or the concept of home-theater set-top gaming devices... are not going anywhere.

I just don't see it. Microsoft is pushing towards a walled garden for Windows, Xbox is there, Apple is there, Sony is there. Open platform is going to exist only due to consumer demand.

Consoles are perfectly fine and will continue coming out in the future. Gaming devices that work out of the box. That's what console consumers want, which is why PS4>Xbox sales.

Not at the rate of once every 7 years. 3 years is the most they can spread them out or they're just antiques by that point. And it's too expensive to roll out entire new models. About the best they can do is keep the same form factor and just upgrade the internals to a new model every 2 or 3 years. Outside of that there's no way they'll survive.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Jaws of Hakkon DLC Released
21. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Jaws of Hakkon DLC Released Mar 24, 2015, 20:41 Cutter

Vall Forran wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 20:25:
Redmask wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 19:28:
Cutter wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 17:41:
Wtf? I bought the deluxe edition and I see now that it didn't include any forthcoming DLC. Fucking EA, man.

You purchased something without having any idea of what it was? I try not to defend EA as a matter of course but this seems like a bad idea.

Hahaha! Cutter got trolled by EA. No wonder he's always pissed off!

Always pissed off? Troll harder. I'm only pissed off when there's cause to be - like any normal person. Or people start shit when there's no reason to. You either don't read my posts are simply trying to pick a fight for sport. Grow up.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 24, 2015, 17:46 Cutter

Obsidian's websites are down for maintenance. I'd suspect keys will be incoming anytime now. Who else is going with GoG?

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
7. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Mar 24, 2015, 17:44 Cutter

Gib007 wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 17:04:
Seventyfive wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 16:53:
$14.42/hr. Less if you pretend like he should have gotten overtime.

That's terrible.

What do you mean? That's a lot better than minimum wage in most places. $14 to play Elite or $10 to flip burgers, which would you rather do?

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Jaws of Hakkon DLC Released
14. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Jaws of Hakkon DLC Released Mar 24, 2015, 17:41 Cutter

Wtf? I bought the deluxe edition and I see now that it didn't include any forthcoming DLC. Fucking EA, man.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 24, 2015, 15:53 Cutter

Verno wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 10:29:
Cutter wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 10:18:
Fuck Google. They should build their own backbone and run it or lease out operations to several ISPs. This is the problem when idiot politicians don't know any better and get hung up on brand names.

They already "build their own backbone", they have a complete end to end network and some of the best peering arrangements in the world. They usually ask cities to waive or minimize permit and related issues which is totally reasonable considering the level of bullshit involved. They shouldn't be under any obligation to resell it either, they are taking the brunt of the costs which will take decades to recoup. Any other company can make similar arrangements with a city to get access to utility poles/etc. Most companies just don't want to bear the costs involved and do the bare minimum like Comcast.

If Oregon already has the infrastucture why do they need Google? They're just forgoing easy tax revenues by giving into Google. Muni broadband is the way to go.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 24, 2015, 15:48 Cutter

Frags4Fun wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 12:56:
That Twitch guy made me laugh.

Why? He's right. I've been saying the same thing along with a lot of other people. This is likely the last console generation you'll see. At best they may go one more but it's unlikely. Either that or they'll need to change manufacturing processes and rolling out new models every two years.

News Comments > Op Ed
26. Re: Op Ed Mar 24, 2015, 15:44 Cutter

My last girlfriend was black. She hated the term people of color, like she was some rare mythological creature like a Unicorn or something. She considered it racist in spite of its intention. Same thing with African-XXX. She referred to herself as black and felt others should do the same if the issue came up. And that's my sentiments on the mantter. It's like the ol' James Brown song, Say it Loud, I'm Black and I'm Proud!.

And these assholes were taking about a game system designed by an absolute minority of geeky white people for other geeky white people. Same reason you didn't see a lot in the way of Asians or Latins or Natives as characters either - and notice how they never bring any of those up, it's always just about black people. So the target demograhpic for the games was solidly a 99.9% white male, and these knobs want to rail about the injustice of it all. How about they go fuck themselves instead. I'm sick of these assholes just looking for reasons to be offended and piss and moan about it. Because how could they justify collecting a paycheck otherwise?

20456 Comments. 1023 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo