Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 20762 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - Broken Age
1. Re: Ship Ahoy - Broken Age Apr 28, 2015, 10:38 Cutter

What? I can't hear anything over the sound of Tim and Peter making out.

"During times of universal deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Bethesda on Paid Skyrim Mods
17. Re: Bethesda on Paid Skyrim Mods Apr 27, 2015, 19:41 Cutter

In the words of Trevor...."Titties! Titties! Titties!"

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $80M; Accepting Subscription Contributions
9. Re: Star Citizen Passes $80M; Accepting Subscription Contributions Apr 27, 2015, 19:40 Cutter

Like ol' Bob Dylan said, "a hard rain's gonna' fall".

News Comments > Op Ed
30. Re: Op Ed Apr 27, 2015, 14:02 Cutter

Pr()ZaC wrote on Apr 27, 2015, 06:36:
CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 27, 2015, 06:00:
Cutter wrote on Apr 27, 2015, 02:51:
shinchan0s wrote on Apr 26, 2015, 20:07:
Cutter wrote on Apr 26, 2015, 18:57:
ASeven wrote on Apr 26, 2015, 16:21:
Sepharo wrote on Apr 26, 2015, 16:15:
These Forbes blog things lend a bit of authority/professionalism where they shouldn't. Just some blogger dude. Not a real "Forbes" article.

He is absolutely correct in his assessment of the situation though.

No he's not and neither are you. Just don't use the Steam store in that case, plenty of other sites to grab mods from. Problem solved. This is a total non-issue, and it's laughable some of you are trying to turn it into one like this ridiculous op-ed.

This from the Blue's News' resident king of hyperbole.

I actually think he's right. That said, I don't think paid mods will take off even if it works for skins/maps. It's just too stupid of an idea.

King of hyperbole? That's a new one. And about as accurate as your assessment of the article. Rolleyes

Yep. King was actually too mild. He should have said the "Intergalactic Emperor Overlord of Hyperbole". That would have been bull's eye accuracy.
By saying GOD of Hyperbole, he would have won.

Children, it's not nice to play on mommy and daddy's computer when they told you not to. Now go to bed and stay on the sites designated for children your age.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 27, 2015, 14:00 Cutter

Ahh it must be nice living full-time in such a massive reality distortion field like Walt. Up is down. Black is white. Government is bad and the private sector is always and only good.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 27, 2015, 13:57 Cutter

Wow, almost 20 years. Nicely done, sir. Don't forget to bring your missus some flowers...and a bone for the Gunnar-man so he doesn't feel left out.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 27, 2015, 13:53 Cutter

The court ruled correctly. Good, I'm glad when greedy assholes lose cases like this. She's playing nickel slots and expects a $42 million dollar pay out? In what universe does that happen? As the court said, a contract is a contract and she accepted it in order to play. Hope this cost her a bundle and she has to pay all court costs and all legal fees. Then she can sue her lawyers because whoever they were they gave her bad advice and should be disbarred. They were probably just hoping for a quick settlement.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 27, 2015, 13:49 Cutter

Ozmodan wrote on Apr 27, 2015, 11:13:
You have to wonder if he realizes how stupid he sounds?

He doesn't actually believe that people will fall for his nonsense?

"Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public." - H. L. Mencken

I'm just curious if he actually believes the shit he's saying. I find it strange that so many people can lie so easily. My biggest problem has always been the opposite of that which is why I never would have made it as a stock broker/captain of industry/politician.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Apr 27, 2015, 13:44 Cutter

I hope they can pull it off but my hopes are not high for it.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Announcement
12. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Announcement Apr 27, 2015, 13:43 Cutter

Stop buying this scheisse!

News Comments > Broken Age: Act 2 Release Plans
8. Re: Broken Age: Act 2 Release Plans Apr 27, 2015, 13:42 Cutter

Shouldn't Tim be making out with his boyfriend Peter right about now?

News Comments > Op Ed
21. Re: Op Ed Apr 27, 2015, 02:51 Cutter

shinchan0s wrote on Apr 26, 2015, 20:07:
Cutter wrote on Apr 26, 2015, 18:57:
These Forbes blog things lend a bit of authority/professionalism where they shouldn't. Just some blogger dude. Not a real "Forbes" article.

No he's not and neither are you. Just don't use the Steam store in that case, plenty of other sites to grab mods from. Problem solved. This is a total non-issue, and it's laughable some of you are trying to turn it into one like this ridiculous op-ed.

This from the Blue's News' resident king of hyperbole.

I actually think he's right. That said, I don't think paid mods will take off even if it works for skins/maps. It's just too stupid of an idea.

King of hyperbole? That's a new one. And about as accurate as your assessment of the article. Rolleyes

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Apr 27, 2015, 02:47 Cutter

I quit half(ish) way through? Have no intent of ever going back to it. It's that fucking bad.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 26, 2015, 19:03 Cutter

I don't know why most people are so afraid of confrontation. As long as you are civil about it they should be too. And if not you can say you at least tried, then you call the cops. It's like kids, people have a way of tuning out their pets and kids when they're being loud/obnoxious and don't realize they're causing grief to those around them. Neighbor across from me had the same thing with his Jack Russel. So I had a chat with him when he was outside one day. He admitted as much - tuned it out without thinking - apologized and said he'd try to do better, and he has.

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
12. Re: Sunday Interviews Apr 26, 2015, 18:59 Cutter

Yeah, that's why I'm hoping to see more options than Steam. I've really had it with their shitty service and greed. If more services like GoG can come along I'll be happy to support them where possible. And with mods, just don't use the Steam workshop. Plenty of indie mod sites out there.

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Apr 26, 2015, 18:57 Cutter

News Comments > etc.
24. Re: etc. Apr 26, 2015, 11:16 Cutter

ASeven wrote on Apr 26, 2015, 10:49:
Aero wrote on Apr 26, 2015, 10:29:
I find lots of the uproar disappointing. Valve could be handling it better, but mostly what I hear (more elsewhere than here) is moaning from people who seem to feel entitled to other's peoples work.

This argument would be valid if mods hadn't been free these whole years and if the whole mod culture hadn't been founded in making mods for fun and NOT for profit.

I swear, most of the people who throw this stupid entitled argument are more often than not not modders. Not to mention each time someone uses the entitled word against consumers, they prove to be nothing more than idiotic mouthpieces of corporations that don't care for them. Useful idiots to sum them up.

But it's not because it's just not consumers but people in general, particularly the younger generations that feel self-entitled to everything under the sun. It's as if they should through life without ever being insulted or upset by anything.

And as it applies to consumerism it's no different. People deserve to paid for their work. That's a basic social tenet - time + labour = reward - unless they choose to volunteer it. Now, whether their work is considered to be actually worth anything at all is an entirely different matter. That's why the vast majority of people who think they're going to make a small fortune selling shit that would have otherwise been free are in for a rude awakening. It's why they have a donate button on Nexus, and why most people will choose that option on Steam.

It'll take a while to shake itself out and come back to equilibrium but it will. So relax and have a drink or something. No one is forcing anyone to do anything.

News Comments > etc.
16. Re: etc. Apr 25, 2015, 23:05 Cutter

Silicon Avatar wrote on Apr 25, 2015, 13:58:
It's just not that big of a deal. Nerds have turned a simple thing into a big deal - like they always do - and in 3 months this will be blown over.

I know. It's going to be funny when nothing comes of this. Could they make anymore of a mountain out of this molehill?

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
10. Re: Saturday Interviews Apr 25, 2015, 22:59 Cutter

I tell you what

1. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2015, 15:40 Cutter

It's gotta be pretty bad if a dog won't drink it. If you'll drink out of a turlet but not a river...?

20762 Comments. 1039 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo