Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 17731 (Ninja)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity in October; New Trailers
2. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity in October; New Trailers Jun 9, 2014, 21:35 Cutter

French revolution is natch for this, but I'd still prefer to see them move onto older periods like Rome and ancient Japan.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Jun 9, 2014, 21:31 Cutter

What a shame, he was a funny bastard!

Edit: Hey, it's the MM impersonator from those ATT True Detective commercial spoofs doing the voice. In case you hadn't checked they've done several more of those TF spoof on Youtube as well.

This comment was edited on Jun 9, 2014, 21:39.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2014, Part 1
6. Re: It Came from E3 2014, Part 1 Jun 9, 2014, 21:29 Cutter

So now they finally get it. Well that'll be good new for Spybox owners when these games actually arrive in 2-4 years from now.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
2. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jun 9, 2014, 21:27 Cutter

I dunno man, much as it pains me to say it, it does look pretty good at this point. I can only hope the Qun hold a major role in it.

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Trailers
1. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Trailers Jun 9, 2014, 21:23 Cutter

Cool as this is, and EFNY as it is, I'd like a little more clarification on their motivations. Why did they engage in a firefight with the first group to begin with? How did they know they were "bad" guys? I'd be much more interested in dealing with moral ambiguity. Are they bad? Are they good? Do you take a risk trusting them? If everything is going to be clearly delineated into 'us vs. them' then the shine on this game is going to wear off real fast. Then it's a simple exercise in propaganda vs. real life after the shit has gone down.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
39. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 9, 2014, 19:04 Cutter

Dagnamit wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 12:29:
It's the timing of the whole thing. At the time he leaked the information the people were outraged. They had a bad guy (US government) and the good guy (Snowden). Classic David v. Goliath scenario. His message was out already, so him being further silenced is completely irrelevant. He was a hero, but, and this is my point, he 1) RAN, and 2) to Russia, all but destroying his capability to be the symbol that could help to change government policy. He's not a coward for having the balls to step up. He's a coward for running to freaking Russia, of all damn places. It wrecks his credibility and makes his sacrifice meaningless.

As others stated, that wasn't his choice. He's stranded there because of the US Government. Christ, the Bolivian President's jet was FORCED down by the US Government because it was RUMORED that Snowden was on board. Another clear violation of international law, so what hope would Snowden stand at home of a fair trial?

Tell you what, you go out and expose a major government wrong. And when you're sitting in prison for the rest of your life we'll all come and hold a candlelight vigil outside the prison extoling how brave you are because you chose to stay and face the music. I'm sure that'll be of immense comfort as you rot away for the rest of your life.

News Comments > etc.
19. Re: etc. Jun 9, 2014, 18:51 Cutter

Numinar wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 12:58:
Cutter wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 12:12:
If this guy ever moves beyond a one hit wonder and establishes himself as a real designer with some longevity I might give him some credence. The reality is so far he's a punk who got lucky once, so no.

Lucky? Really?

This is a guess, but I wager most "Real Designers" would give up ten of their games to have one Minecraft in their resume. More than one hit? How many designers even have one? Of anything approaching this scale? Until something happens to the worlds supply of 10 year olds this thing will keep rocking because everything else seems cheap, bloated or just stupid by comparison.

Guy gets some hate, and fair enough if he wants to voice opinions he deserves backlash. Better than the usual robotic "Don't piss off the current/future publishers!" devspeak from those souls living contract to contract if you ask me.

Hitting him in the credentials though? Seems a bit of a stretch. Would you get called a hack that nobody should listen to if you only had one highly successful, money vomiting mid sized business to your name?

Yeah, 1 hit is the very definition of lucky. Guys like Meir, Molyneux, Carmack, CliffyB, Spector, et al. have been knocking out pretty major hits for over 20 years. The guy had a game that became the in-thing and tons of people jumped on the bandwagon - just like DayZ and a ton of other titles. You going to say Dean Hall is a genius developer now? Hey, they made a fortune off a game. Bully for them. Plenty of musicians have made a fortune off 1 song. That doesn't give them any kind of cred to talk about the industry like they're authority on it. When you're the fucking Rolling Stones and have been doing it for 50 years, then you can talk and actually have people take you seriously.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 9, 2014, 18:44 Cutter

SimplyMonk wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 14:22:
Cutter wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 11:59:
Utterly vague and useless article. Convinced 33% how exactly? Examples? Who were these 33%? What's their IQ? What do they do for a living? How fucking many people did the test? What's the frequency, Kenneth?!

It convinced one of the three judges that it was a 13 year old Ukrainian boy that didn't speak English that well.

io9 has a far better write up about how this really isn't that impressive and this particular Turing Test is kinda useless.

Here

Chatbots now have the scamming power of a 13 year old that doesn't speak English well. Don't trust 13 year olds on the internet. That's pretty much it.

Fucking seriously? 3 judges? That was the test?!?!?! GG Clickbait.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jun 9, 2014, 18:43 Cutter

GayBlade wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 15:45:
webweaver wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 14:07:
"For see, the day is coming, it is burning like an oven; all the men of pride and all who do evil will be dry stems of grass: and in the day which is coming they will be burned up, says the Lord of armies, till they have not a root or a branch."

--Malachi 4:1

So much for "United Through Play."

Nothing like a Bible-thumper to ruin a good feeling.

I'm thinking that was a joke about pride and not Pride.

If mot, my fave Pride shot of all time....

Leviticus haircuts

News Comments > It Came from E3 2014, Part 0
10. Re: It Came from E3 2014, Part 0 Jun 9, 2014, 18:40 Cutter

Creston wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 18:16:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 15:21:
The Division looks better than ever but since it is a Ubisoft game I wonder how much of a graphical degeneration it will go through until it is released.

I believe they're making it PS4/bone/PC only, so at least it doesn't have to get dumbed down to the nth degree to work on ten year old shitty hardware.

Holy shit that'd rock so hard if that's the case. I'm trying not to get my hopes up for it, but it look sofa king good.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2014, 12:17 Cutter

Pigeon wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 09:27:
The league also wants full exemption from state, county, and city taxes. Surprise!

Next thing you know they'll want taxpayers to foot most of the cost of new stadiums while they keep the larger majority of ticket sales, concessions, and naming rights... oh wait, that's been happening for a long time.

Yeah, no shit. Much as I love football allowing the NFL to remain a 501c, and pull this sort of shit is just morally repugnant.

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Jun 9, 2014, 12:12 Cutter

If this guy ever moves beyond a one hit wonder and establishes himself as a real designer with some longevity I might give him some credence. The reality is so far he's a punk who got lucky once, so no.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
22. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 9, 2014, 12:10 Cutter

Dagnamit wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 10:02:
Look guilty? He IS guilty. He broke the law. He's not a "traitor", but he's definitely a coward. He had a great opportunity to stand for something bigger than himself and be a symbol for what the people want. Less intrusion. the vast majority of Americans were outraged by what was/is going on. He blew it for himself and for everyone else, tbh.

Yes, he knowingly destroyed his life to do the right thing, what a chickenshit bastard. Rolleyes

And what would be gained by him sitting in prison for the rest of his life or being killed? He didn't create the program. He didn't authorize it. And out of the thousands and thousands of people involved in this he was the only one who had the stones to stand up and say it was wrong, and that's your definition of cowardice? What the fuck are you smoking?

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 9, 2014, 11:59 Cutter

Utterly vague and useless article. Convinced 33% how exactly? Examples? Who were these 33%? What's their IQ? What do they do for a living? How fucking many people did the test? What's the frequency, Kenneth?!

News Comments > It Came from E3 2014, Part 0
4. Re: It Came from E3 2014, Part 0 Jun 9, 2014, 11:50 Cutter

GTA 5 for the PC? To be or not to goddamn be?

News Comments > New Tomb Raider Domains
4. Re: New Tomb Raider Domains Jun 9, 2014, 11:49 Cutter

It's not a Tomb-er.

News Comments > Mirror's Edge Tease
3. Re: Mirror's Edge Tease Jun 9, 2014, 11:48 Cutter

And it should involve cocaine somehow.

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Trailer; Screenshots
3. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Trailer; Screenshots Jun 9, 2014, 11:47 Cutter

Ima play the poop outta this.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2014, 17:48 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jun 8, 2014, 15:09:
nin wrote on Jun 8, 2014, 14:20:
Fantaz wrote on Jun 8, 2014, 14:18:
one day when GTA5 comes to PC, there will be a Total Conversion mod to turn Los Santos into Los Angeles. what is taking Rockstar so long?!

Hoping we get an announcement in the next day or two, with E3. If not, I'm going to be mighty disappointed.

Whereas it's money on the table not to make a PC version, I can imagine them not bothering. When you make a billion dollars on your game, the thought of converting it to the PC with it's vast array of hardware, OSs, and control schemes for maybe another $50M might appear not worth the effort.

"Convert GTAV to PC?"
"Nah, let's just get started on GTA6 & RDR2. For consoles only."

65 million Steam users beg to differ. Even half of that at full price would almost be an easy billion for them. Yer nuts to leave that sort of change on the table.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $45M
21. Re: Star Citizen Hits $45M Jun 8, 2014, 17:44 Cutter

Flak wrote on Jun 8, 2014, 15:18:
Fantaz wrote on Jun 8, 2014, 14:30:
Cutter wrote on Jun 8, 2014, 13:30:
A million dollars per virtual item. Fucking lol.

awww... too bad you didn't make the 1st post, only 2nd.

The turd-cutters around here are starting to slack off, wonder were Reagle is these days? (hint: probably playing AC).

That freelancer commercial was a thing of beauty, even that eerily similar narrator.

When - and that's when, not if - you clowns get burned by Roberts you're going to hear us laughing from clear across the planet.

17731 Comments. 887 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo