Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 23094 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Nov 21, 2015, 00:41 Cutter

Fantaz wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 23:57:
i oddly want one of these but instead flailing around a glow stick.

anime tentacle hentai rave party!

You know, in the right cities, LA, Tokyo, etc. you could probably make an absolute fortune doing that.

“There is no such thing as a weird human being. It’s just that some people require more understanding than others.” - Tom Robbins
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 20, 2015, 21:47 Cutter

Gee all this global mass-surveillance didn't stop anything in France did it? Shocker.

“There is no such thing as a weird human being. It’s just that some people require more understanding than others.” - Tom Robbins

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Nov 20, 2015, 21:38 Cutter

Video game journalist? That's a laugh. That's a euphemism for a corporate mouthpiece in the same way some people call garbageman, 'sanitation engineers'. You can put all the lipstick you want on a pig, but at the end of the day it's still just a pig. The only real journos are the independent guys who buy the games themselves and aren't beholden to advertising dollars. That's why I've always valued the opinions of my fellow gamers a million times more than what any paid hack has to say.

News Comments > Bombshell in January; Prequel Revealed
1. Re: Bombshell in January; Prequel Revealed Nov 20, 2015, 21:24 Cutter

Enh looks way too twitchy for my tastes.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Nov 20, 2015, 12:40 Cutter

Wow, that base building tute was most excellent.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2015, 12:34 Cutter

Coming off of DOS to Windows was pretty mind blowing at the time. It was like coming off Lynx and BBS' to Netscape, or when we all got our first 3D cards for the first 3D games. Those were all very Neo 'Whoa! I know Kung Fu.' moments.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 20, 2015, 12:29 Cutter

'Judge: Governments are “simply too powerful” without adequate oversight.'

Annnnd fixed.

News Comments > No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support
26. Re: No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support Nov 20, 2015, 09:46 Cutter

HoSpanky wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 03:07:
I'm annoyed that they aren't adding support for it. Currently, ARK and Rocket League also lack SLI support, but you guys aren't losing your shit over that every time there's a post about either game. Why not? Because you're all SO EXCITED to have a punching bag, that's why. They didn't completely fix the game, no. But it runs super smoothly on a single 970 (and over 12gb of ram), which is quite acceptable.

Did either of those games promise SLI? Do either of them have the resources that WBIE do? And you do know ARK is still in alpha right? So yeah, people being mad at WBIE is more than fair. So take a pill.

News Comments > No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support
9. Re: No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support Nov 19, 2015, 20:46 Cutter

As soon as WBIE got in there hands on and took control out of Rocksteady's capable hands it went to shit. You don't have to look far to see where the problem lies.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Patch Plans
9. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Plans Nov 19, 2015, 20:44 Cutter

Games like this almost always only QA the critical path stuff. Everything else is a 'if you can get through it once, ship it' kind of affair. Given that Bethsoft knows the PC folks will always do the heavy lifting as well makes them cheap and lazy to boot.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2015, 17:42 Cutter

BobBob wrote on Nov 19, 2015, 16:39:
Cutter wrote on Nov 19, 2015, 12:11:
Stay away from that crap. There's nothing in the house that can be cleaned as well, if not better, with DIY home cleaners based on a few simple ingredients like vinegar, baking soda, bleach, and borax. And they're all far cheaper and better for the environment. Vinegar alone is a wonder liquid that does almost everything.

Does your place have that aged-vinegar "old person" smell?

No, it doesn't as it dissipates in a few hours. What I have is a clean house smells clean. I too am pretty OCD about having a clean house as my parents were clean freaks too. I actually went home with a chick once and left because her place was such a sty.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2015, 12:11 Cutter

Stay away from that crap. There's nothing in the house that can be cleaned as well, if not better, with DIY home cleaners based on a few simple ingredients like vinegar, baking soda, bleach, and borax. And they're all far cheaper and better for the environment. Vinegar alone is a wonder liquid that does almost everything.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 19, 2015, 12:08 Cutter

LittleMe wrote on Nov 19, 2015, 12:06:
The problem is with the police powers to do this in the first place with no good evidence. We live in a police state. These laws do not address the root problem.

Agreed. Police forces everywhere need to be reigned in and leashed. In Canada they're virtual rogue agencies. They can pretty much do whatever they like without any fear of repercussion and they cost a fortune to boot. A lot of people aren't happy with the state of policing in this country and haven't been for a long time.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 19, 2015, 12:06 Cutter

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 19, 2015, 11:10:
Steam Machines were supposed to protect us in the case MS went full closed garden. If it flops that was a lot of failed time from the moving desks, that could have been HL3 dev time. What is interesting I would be more interested in these machines running windows. These are nice compact machines that avg joe's could use instead of typical pc's. IMO those have a place, specially those who would like to go from console to pc but are a bit behind the curve.

Forget HL3. How about a better client and hiring some actual fucking customer service already? Christ, there are a million and one things Valve should be doing before wasting time and money with this crap.

News Comments > Mordheim: City of the Damned Launch Trailer
4. Re: Mordheim: City of the Damned Launch Trailer Nov 19, 2015, 12:04 Cutter

grudgebearer wrote on Nov 19, 2015, 12:01:
ItBurn wrote on Nov 19, 2015, 10:49:
This is basically a Warhammer Xcom game, with base building and all. Instead of clicking on where you want your guy to go and then watching him go, you actually move your guys around in third person until you have no more "movement" points. I like it, but it would work better with a first person view.

There's no base-building in the traditional sense. You have a warcamp that you manage your troops at, but it's out of the actual game.

I've had this game for awhile in early access, don't get this game unless you are ok with no saves, and brutal random deployments during ambushes that will cause your entire party to wipe.

The devs are catering to the "hardcore" crowd, and frequently cite Dark Souls for some of Mordheim's more punishing game systems.

Ahh thanks that saves me a buy until the bargain bin in that case.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Syndicate Released
8. Re: Assassin's Creed Syndicate Released Nov 19, 2015, 12:03 Cutter

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Nov 19, 2015, 10:56:
Now I need to wait for Unity to go on sale for $15 during the steam holiday sale just like I did for Black Flag. From what I've seen, Syndicate isn't going to hold my interest. I'm more interested i the historical settings than the actual storyline and Industrial Revolution England isn't as interesting as Pirates or French Revolution.

My sentiments exactly. And Unity wasn't that good either for all kinds of reasons. I really don't have much interest in industrial England. They should be going back in time to different parts of the world. DO Kyoto in feudal Japan or something.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 18, 2015, 22:51 Cutter

QFT....

How is this criminal? So tired of my supposed "by common consent" going towards jailing people who don't obey some cartel's business plan. Fuck the cartels

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Nov 18, 2015, 22:43 Cutter

Yeah, I'm sure this thing will never get misused. Wry

News Comments > Hard West Released
5. Re: Hard West Released Nov 18, 2015, 22:33 Cutter

Reviews are a mixed bag but mostly positive. Love the look and feel of it. I hear it's rather short and pretty buggy atm to boot so I'll give it a bit but it's a must grab for sure I think.

Anyone read any good Weird West books? Any recs?

News Comments > Green Man Gaming Key Sources Follow-up
9. Re: Green Man Gaming Key Sources Follow-up Nov 18, 2015, 22:00 Cutter

walrus1 wrote on Nov 18, 2015, 20:23:
Tom wrote on Nov 18, 2015, 20:18:
GMG totally screwed up the Battlefront pre-order. Tons of people got keys late, and then those keys didn't even work. Now people are waiting for GMG customer service to do something about it. And of course there are still plenty of people reporting they haven't even got keys at all yet.

DO NOT trust these guys with a pre-order. Personally, I won't be doing business with them again. This was not worth it to save $15. Can't play with my friend for a second night. I should've just ordered direct from Origin.

I've preordered a few times from them and never ever had a problem. I also haven't heard about these "tons" of people who got their keys late.

No, I stopped pre-orders with them for precisely the same reason. In fact that's the one thing they will give a refund on because it happens all the time. I could care less about where they get keys so long as they aren't stolen. However, I won't be buying anything but bargain-bin titles from them anymore as there's no Steam refund for anything bought from them.

23094 Comments. 1155 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo