Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 20435 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

News Comments > Pollen Warning
1. Re: Pollen Warning Feb 17, 2015, 19:18 Cutter

Toke it up, man! Wooo trip balls!

“That's it. You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!”
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Anachronox & Other Square IP Pitches Sought
26. Re: Anachronox & Other Square IP Pitches Sought Feb 17, 2015, 19:14 Cutter

Timmeh wrote on Feb 17, 2015, 17:14:
um.. guessing you forgot you meds today?

and no that's only the way you are looking at it. Many a dev could benefit from making an Anachonox based game as an example.

If you can't even grasp - and it seems you can't - the simple concept of why crowdfunding exists to begin with then you have no business talking about it. Clearly it is rocket-surgery for some of you.

“That's it. You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!”

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 17, 2015, 14:36 Cutter

Don't listen to LittleMe. He's a classic Ryandian, laissez-faire, libertarian who confuses the ideal of the American free market with the actual history that exists. Affixed firmly in his mind - and those of his ilk - there was some magical golden period in America's history where there was this mythical free market existed, devoid of any regulation or taxes and it all worked beautifully for everyone involved. These Social-Darwinists live in a fantasy world all their own.

19. Re: Anachronox & Other Square IP Pitches Sought Feb 17, 2015, 14:20 Cutter

I was speaking of consumers as well. But you're right, there are plenty of tools who will pay for anything regardless. I could even understand this if it was a major IP that would be worth something with name recognition, but properties like these? Uh no. Still, any smart dev worth their salt will simply do a spiritual successor in the vein of project anyway.

I've never understood the concept of goodwill in business. If your business is so good, why are you selling it? In spite of the fact that it never works to the buyer's advantage people pay for it anyway. No thanks, I'd rather start with a clean slate. Then again, that's what uncreative people with too much money do. So I'm glad they exist to buy what I create.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 17, 2015, 11:16 Cutter

LittleMe wrote on Feb 17, 2015, 10:59:
The NSA would never do that. We should nationalize the Internet then they would do even less since the feds love us and would do whatever we want for free. I want a pony too!

You are just completely out of touch with reality. Try coming out of your bunker sometime. The fresh air will do you good. You can even keep your tin foil hat on if it'll make you feel better.

11. Re: Anachronox & Other Square IP Pitches Sought Feb 17, 2015, 11:12 Cutter

Timmeh wrote on Feb 17, 2015, 10:24:
This also creates opportunity without having to spend a bunch of money upfront on licensing or buying an ip you might be interested in. Gives devs a chance to put something on kickstarter with a name and history behind it. It might even put some food into a young dev teams bellies to.

You guys think a lot of evil shit about people when a lot of evil shit might not have been thought.

Clearly you've missed the entire point of why crowdfunding exists. It's to bypass being beholden to banks/publishers/etc who wouldn't give you the time of day in the first place. So these motherfucker want others to do all the work and still take a big slice of the pie simply for using their shitty IPs which no one even remembers to begin with? That's the evil shit right there. Who in their right mind is going to donate to a crowdfunded game knowing they're paying the publisher to get the game made instead of the other way round. Fuck is wrong with you?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 17, 2015, 11:05 Cutter

They need some new nuclear terror shows and movies. Remember Threads and The Day After? Even some good cheese like Damnation Alley. Let's get back to good ol' fashion nuclear/post apocalypse stuff with proper mutants and no goddamned zombies. If Bethsoft doesn't announce Fallout 4 this June I'm going to be mighty pissed.

How much did that clown Harper piss away on that toy? Jesus, so need to get rid of him.

What a POS for robbing a girl scout. Granted, that was stupid leaving the money on the table like that but seriously? Robbing a girl scout? Please let that fucker get caught and go to prison to get tuned up by the angry dads in there.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 17, 2015, 10:42 Cutter

InBlack wrote on Feb 17, 2015, 09:43:
Martin is in serious trouble if the GOT series is about to overtake him with the key plot lines. At this point though, he might even be relieved since Ive yet to see a writer suffer this badly from procrastination (or writer's block?).

That's why the man has always done a lot of editing on other people's work, anthologies, a lot of short stories, etc. because he'd rather be doing anything else than writing a saga. He's said as much many times over the years how much of a chore this sort of thing is for him. Maybe he should go try digging ditches for minimum wage for some perspective.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 17, 2015, 10:36 Cutter

This overreach has to end. It's just insane.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 17, 2015, 10:28 Cutter

"We're all victims of fashion. Fashion and accessories." - Carol Pope

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 17, 2015, 10:27 Cutter

That's odd, I thought that sort of thing was illegal in Canada but op-in only applies to spam. Well that obviously needs to be changed.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 17, 2015, 10:19 Cutter

So it really is like 4-5 hours.

5. Re: Anachronox & Other Square IP Pitches Sought Feb 17, 2015, 10:17 Cutter

So in other words, just throw some shit at the wall and see what sticks huh? Too little too late. The vast majority of gamers out there today will have zero reference to any of these IPs. I barely remember Anacrhonox and don't recall the other two at all.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Feb 16, 2015, 23:13 Cutter

Temporal feedback loop?

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
6. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 16, 2015, 23:11 Cutter

John wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 19:07:
This game looks really cool: http://www.no-mans-sky.com/

I know it's probably been on the news before but I just heard about it the other day. If they can pull it off then I'll be all over it.

Yeah, it's been discussed several times now. JD has the gist of it. The tech looks interesting-ish, but we don't see where the actual gameplay is. That is to say the same problem with games like ED where the sandbox may be very wide, but it is o' so shallow.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 16, 2015, 19:38 Cutter

Even as evil as Google is it's still the lesser of two evils. The fact they're permitted to do this at all is outrageous. And so is the pricing. This is why internet needs to be nationalized and treated as an essential service.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Feb 16, 2015, 19:30 Cutter

It's her funeral and you can cry if you want to, cry if you want to...

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Feb 16, 2015, 19:28 Cutter

Cool to hear about SLR but I'm still not backing that.

And that gamepad is silly.

News Comments > Telepath Tactics Delayed to April
1. Re: Telepath Tactics Delayed to April Feb 16, 2015, 19:24 Cutter

They want $25 for this and $50 to use the editor as well? Ahahahahahaha! Yeah good luck with that.

News Comments > New Tron Game Revealed?
7. Re: New Tron Game Revealed? Feb 16, 2015, 19:22 Cutter

There's nothing on IMDB except it's in development so don't hold your breath on this one. I did not know there was TRON cartoon. Huh, learn somethin' everyday.

As for TV, I'm all stoked for Vikings Season 3 this Thorsday!

20435 Comments. 1022 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo