Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 17954 (Ninja)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
45. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 23, 2014, 20:33 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jun 23, 2014, 15:47:
Cutter wrote on Jun 23, 2014, 15:31:
Or maybe it was a botched kidnapping or terrorist plot. Guess we'll never really know.

Or maybe aliens teleported the crew and passengers onto their mothership for tea and to create ghastly human-alien hybrids. As long as we're wildly speculating.

The events I'm postulating have occurred many times in the past causing many crashes. Occam's razor.

Why is that wild speculation? Prior to 9/11 you'd have thought some sheep-herders flying passaneger planes into skyscrapers was nonsense too. The guy was a muslim so that's not beyond the pale of a muslim terrorist plot by any stretch. Maybe he ditched the plane into the ocean on purpose screaming to Allah but the message never got transmitted. There's nothing wild about what terrorists will do.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jun 23, 2014, 20:13 Cutter

Hah, brilliant as usual.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Jun 23, 2014, 19:24 Cutter

Kung-Fu - Fear is the Only Darkness

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 23, 2014, 19:16 Cutter

Companies finally realize social media does exactly squat for their bottom line.

Shocker!

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 23, 2014, 19:01 Cutter

But this is a long-term competitive space, which is good for consumers.

Really? So why are games $70 a pop for both of you? Where's the competition driving down prices and creating better products? What about all those exclusives you and Sony love so much? Oh yeah, the competition is awesome! Just love the "free market".

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jun 23, 2014, 18:58 Cutter

Not my cuppa tea, but I like the names. Makes me think Helf should make a game called Squee!

News Comments > Crytek Denies Bankruptcy Rumor
5. Re: Crytek Denies Bankruptcy Rumor Jun 23, 2014, 18:56 Cutter

Yeah, if I was workin' for Crytek I'd be polishing up my resume and sending it out right about now.

30. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 23, 2014, 15:31 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jun 23, 2014, 15:09:
Malaysian Airlines captain 'plotted route to remote island in Indian Ocean on simulator'.

So, a pilot who is also a total sim nut, who lives in SE Asia is the prime suspect because A) He flew some simulations out into the middle of the Indian island to land on some remote island and B) he didn't have any social engagements lined up (because married guys with kids in their 50s are such social butterflies). That's what they've got??? Do they think he was trying to recreate Lost in real life or something?

Barring new evidence, I think what happened here maybe have been similar to what happened to Payne Stewart's flight back in 1999: Depressurization or a fire damaged the plane, the pilot turned around to go back for an emergency landing, but before action could be completed, the crew and passengers were overwhelmed, and the plane continued on autopilot until it exhausted its fuel, crashing in the ocean.

Or maybe it was a botched kidnapping or terrorist plot. Guess we'll never really know.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
20. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 23, 2014, 15:28 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jun 23, 2014, 14:15:
Doesn't Comcast own the equipment? Why would it be illegal? It's a separate channel that has nothing to do with what the customer is paying for since it neither affects their cap nor bandwidth (assuming Comcast is telling the truth). While I think the idea is silly and a cash grab, I don't think it would be illegal.
Same reason that food vendors have to acquire licenses and deal with the department of health, etc. to ensure public safety and compliance with public ordinances, taxes, etc. You don't just go open up shop in public anywhere anytime you feel like it. I'm just really curious as to the backstory behind all this.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
7. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 23, 2014, 15:22 Cutter

Meat, what about private servers or PvP disabled servers or co-op servers? PvP on pubs is just too painful to deal with.

News Comments > The Settlers - Kingdoms of Anteria Announced
7. Re: The Settlers - Kingdoms of Anteria Announced Jun 23, 2014, 15:18 Cutter

Yeah, whenever I see "reinvention" relating to a franchise I get nervous.

News Comments > Ubisoft "Confident" in Unified Assassin's Creed Unity Launch
17. Re: Ubisoft Jun 23, 2014, 15:15 Cutter

And here's a great post looking at the tip of the iceberg....

"Assassin's Creed
-August 2006: Announced for PC, Ubisoft told PC Gamer it was a 2007 release
-September 2007 (less than 2 months before release): Delayed to 2008

Assassin's Creed 2
-April 2009: Announced for November, 2009 release, no mention of any platforms
-September 2009 (less than 2 months before release): Delayed to 2010

Splinter Cell Conviction
-January 2010: After all platforms delayed, April 2010 release date announced
-March 13 2010: Demo announced
-March 17 2010: No PC demo
-March 19 2010: PC version delayed, coming 2 weeks after 360 version

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
-May 2010: Announced for holiday release on all platforms
-September 2010: Delayed to 2011

H.A.W.X. 2
-July 2010: Announced to be coming out in September 2010
-August 2010: PC version delayed to October
-September 2010: PC version delayed to November 1
-October 2010: PC version delayed to November 12

From Dust
-July 8 2011: Announced for release on July 27 on all platforms
-July 25 2011: PC version delayed to August

Call of Juarez: The Cartel
-June 2011: Console versions July 22, PC version August 26
-July 2011: PC version delayed to September

Driver: San Francisco
-April 2011: Announced for September 6 2011
-August 2011: PC version delayed to September 27
-Also, no demo of course for PC

Assassin's Creed Revelations
-May 2011: Announced for November on all platforms
-August 2011: Surprise! No PC demo
-Actual release: December 2nd, 2011

Assassin's Creed 3
-February 2012: Assassin's Creed 3 announced for October 30th release
-March 2012: Ubisoft promises over and over and over again that October 30th includes the PC release
-June 2012: PC version delayed

Why does Ubisoft keep lying to PC gamers pretending like they're stupid enough to believe their version will come out at the same time as the console versions?

All the while, they strap on the most restrictive DRM ever created, claiming that it lowered piracy (without bothering to mention sales numbers)

Is their strategy working, focusing on console games, neglecting PC games, obviously delaying their games not for "polish", but because they don't want one to cannibalize the other?

Well, let's take a quick look at the numbers:

Ubisoft: First half - ~$127 million loss (after conversion). PC games make up 6%.
EA: Last quarter - $221 million profit. PC games make up 29% (non-GAAP), equivalent to the 360, ahead of all other platforms
Activision Blizzard: Last quarter - $335 million profit. PC games make up 7%, or 38% with subscriptions. Last 6 months - $838 million. PC games make up 6%, or 49% with subscriptions

What do you think? "

Christ, you'd really think you trolls tire of being wrong all the fucking time. But I guess when you're self-deluded that never occurs to you.

16. Re: Ubisoft Jun 23, 2014, 15:11 Cutter

Verno wrote on Jun 23, 2014, 12:53:
Cutter wrote on Jun 23, 2014, 12:39:
Clearly you don't remember that because you obviously have no clue as to what you're talking about - which is nothing new for you however.

Most people have to work to be this obnoxious but for you I suspect its natural Cutter.

It's so cute. The little fantasy worlds that people like you and Beamer live in where everyone else is the bad guy and wrong, and you're always the good guys and right. Your arrogance and self-delusion boggles the mind. Seek professional help, you guys desperately need it.

12. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 23, 2014, 12:45 Cutter

I'm curious. Did the government allow Comcast to do this? Are there any health risks with all this added electromagnetic radiation flooding the area? How much more energy is this using? Is there no competition at all - so no worrying about competitors sharing the same spectrum? And why do they have to opt-out? Don't you guys have laws for that? It's illegal here. People can choose to opt-in but you can't automatically enroll people into things so they have to opt-out. It boggles my mind that they can simply just go ahead and do this stuff without any seeming hurdles.

8. Re: Ubisoft Jun 23, 2014, 12:39 Cutter

Kevin Lowe wrote on Jun 23, 2014, 12:24:
I remember coming here back in '99 to read news and insights from people who really knew what the hell was going on. How did we go from that to... well, you?

Clearly you don't remember that because you obviously have no clue as to what you're talking about - which is nothing new for you however. The fact that other devs and publishers can do it no problem but Ubisoft never can really tells one everything they need to know. Well, anyone with half a brain at least.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 23, 2014, 12:19 Cutter

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 23, 2014, 09:50:
Yakubs wrote on Jun 23, 2014, 09:44:
The entire sport is sketchy. Bunch of grown men with 10 pounds of gel in their hair pretending that a gust of wind broke their leg.

Better than 2 dozen grown men needing breaks and pauses every 20 seconds for 3 minutes... just to carry an egg over a field.

Yeah, because being leveled by 6"6' monster with 300lbs of solid muscle on him doesn't hurt a bit. The reality....

Soccer: Guy takes a small spill and cries like a little girl.
Football: Guy is literally knocked ass over tit and bounces back up to run back for the next play.

Here's a good video that clearly illustrates the differences.

Football vs. Soccer

And that ancient Earth within the Earth story is amazing. Journey to the Center of the Earth was always my fave books as a kid so the though of finding a lost world - so to speak - underground would be beyond cool. That's why I need to go see Derinkuyu in Cappadocia one of these days.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 23, 2014, 11:55 Cutter

Another failed Ballmer legacy.

8. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 23, 2014, 11:52 Cutter

Still, it is said to have benefits that could come in handy at times -- one example is if a car blocks you in your driveway or in the parking deck. A quick scan of the license plate would allow you to fire the driver a text message advising of their faux pas.

Pftt. Yeah, I'd be calling a tow truck and getting the prick towed. Or caving in his window with my tire iron and pushing it out of the way.

This has to be one of the worst ideas in the long sad history of bad ideas. So now you have idiots focusing on taking a snap of a plate instead of driving. Then texting and driving. Then the recipient will be texting and driving. Then the road rage from these messages will escalate all around. Christ, it seems like GM is doing its utmost to put itself out of business these days. What boneheaded exec thought this could ever be any kind of a good idea?

4. Re: Ubisoft Jun 23, 2014, 11:38 Cutter

Isn't it odd how the PC version is always held back? So very, very strange. It's almost like they want to make sure the consoles always get the launches first. Nah, that's crazy talk!

Plotting

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 22, 2014, 19:41 Cutter

I wonder if she's liable for the accident. She should be. There's a reason we have proscribed places for nudity - and this is one of them.

Like in France, you want to get down with the crudite, before you get down to the nud-itay. Biker

17954 Comments. 898 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo