Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 17731 (Ninja)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > Female Lead Cut from Assassin's Creed: Unity
61. Re: Female Lead Cut from Assassin's Creed: Unity Jun 11, 2014, 20:14 Cutter

Yes, but Lara got famous initially because she had ginormous meat pillows. And if characters like Bayonetta aren't about sex why aren't they 40 year old fat, ugly bull dykes?

How many of the males out there played femshep just to see how many lezbo relationships they could get into? Probably most of them.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous E3 Trailer
41. Re: Elite: Dangerous E3 Trailer Jun 11, 2014, 20:06 Cutter

Will there be an editor for this so players can create theur own quests/questlines for other players? That alone would be a major saving grace.

You're in the spaceport bar and overhear a conversation about a rather large reward for an alien artifact in the XYZ system. So you head out there an encounter a somewhat primitive tribe guarding the artifact. Do you negotiate with them? Do you annihilate them? And after said artifact is secured maybe you have to fight off those same treasure hunters. Perhaps you get a call with someone offering a bigger or different reward for it. And by choosing one or the other group to deliver the artifact to you've now made some friends and enemies.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2014, 14:53 Cutter

Bodolza wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 13:31:
RoboNerd wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 10:03:
Seems to me FDA needs to ask some of these drink manufacturers why their ingredient label fails to disclose the presence of high fructose corn syrup. Clear cut case of mislabeling. So much for Blue's favorite Mexican Coke.

I didn't see any links to how they tested, but that graph makes no sense to me. Sucrose is half fructose/half glucose. How can they have a separate measurement for Sucrose? Mexican Coke is 51% fructose, which is exactly what you'd expect to see in something sweetened with sugar.

Most soft drinks use HFCS 55, which is 55% fructose and 45% glucose - that's right - a whole 5% more than sugar. Most of them showed up with 58%, which is a bit high, but who knows what their margin of error was in these tests.

I don't understand why people say fructose from fruit is better than fructose from vegatables. A fructose molecule is a fructose molecule. It's not like it knows where it came from.

You must have missed it a week or two back when we were talking about this because Cornell or some other major university came out saying not all molecules are created equally, and that yes, HFCS is demonstrably worse.

Personally I find it odd that when we as society moved to heavily refined foods, less real - good - fats, that obesity started and grew into the epidemic it is today. If it's not causal it's a pretty major effing coinky-dink.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
10. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 11, 2014, 14:47 Cutter

Frags4Fun wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 13:40:
Cutter wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 10:40:
Uneven terrain on a mountain? Inconceivable! And what's that? She fell 30 feet because she wasn't paying attention to what she was doing because she was yammering on the phone? Inconceivable!

Whenever I read the word "inconceivable", my brain uses the voice of Vizzini in The Princess Bride.

Inconceivable!

This comment was edited (to add link) on Jun 11, 2014, 13:58.

You think I was going for Vizinni? Inconceivable! I'd sooner get involved in a land war in Asia!

35. Re: Female Lead Cut from Assassin's Creed: Unity Jun 11, 2014, 14:43 Cutter

Prez wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 13:34:
If given a choice of gender I always play a guy but I have had some great gaming moments playing as a female protagonist. Cate Archer was one of the most interesting and awesome game protagonists ever and she was a classy and sexy female.

I'll give you that one. But I haven't seen any other female lead that I've wanted to play. Let's face it, the only reason boys like gals like Lara - bewbs, Bayonetta - shades of dominatrix librarian fantasies, etc.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous E3 Trailer
1. Re: Elite: Dangerous E3 Trailer Jun 11, 2014, 13:18 Cutter

So what he's saying is there are billyuns and billyuns of stars?

Kidding aside, what about - ongoing - story development? Once you get past the initial gee whiz factor I get bored if it's all just fighting or trading with no player/npc interaction and story. So what's the point in going to 400 billion systems devoid of life if all you're doing is mining, fighting pirates and docking at a station over and over and over?

I think this is why I'm holding out hope more for No Man's Sky.

24. Re: Female Lead Cut from Assassin's Creed: Unity Jun 11, 2014, 12:12 Cutter

Wolfox wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 11:22:
shinchan0s wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 10:59:
Any guy who's that insistent on playing females secretly wants to become one. There's nothing else to it.

So that means I'm a lesbian? I should go tell my wife. After all, with all the assuredness you're displaying, you must have unassailable data to prove that conjecture. I never felt like I ever wanted to become a female, but you can't be wrong, right?

Do you like having sex with women? That in and of itself means nothing, but combined with wanting to roleplay a woman is pretty good indicator that you're a lesbian trapped in a man's body. I hear they've come pretty far with gender re-assignment surgery these days. Maybe you should look into it.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2014, 10:50 Cutter

I dunno. Maybe some of them are saving the best for last sort of thing. We'll see.

That Sir Mix-A-Lot video is lulz.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jun 11, 2014, 10:45 Cutter

The same Ars which averages 26 trackers on their website? Yeah, they obviously care very deeply about people's privacy. Rolleyes

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 11, 2014, 10:43 Cutter

InBlack wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 10:26:
Verno wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 09:49:
The update was to basically say that its just been floated and not to expect anything.

Yeah saw that. They really shouldnt tease us like this. The world is ready for some quality Star Trek TV, and none of that Abrams crapola thank you very much....

I seriously doubt we'll see anything of the caliber of TNG ever again. No, they'll be Lamebrams-ing up for sure. How else can you get the kids into Star Trek without all the pew-pew-pew and lens flare? Science, exploration, diplomacy? Those are for chumps!

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 11, 2014, 10:40 Cutter

Uneven terrain on a mountain? Inconceivable! And what's that? She fell 30 feet because she wasn't paying attention to what she was doing because she was yammering on the phone? Inconceivable!

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Jun 11, 2014, 10:37 Cutter

The rest of us are much more relaxed and open about sex, much more. Regardless, this is another useless clickbait article. If this guy thinks it's so viable to make games without violence then go fucking make them and see how they sell. Not every game is violent but there's a reason it's the niche-iest niche of a niche market.

One of the beautiful things about violent games is they're a great steam release valve. Had a shitty day? Come home and blow some virtual heads off over a few beers and you're suddenly a lot more relaxed. Maybe there's been so much violence in the history of the world because people didn't have that virtual out. While correlation does not mean causation, it's a pretty strange coincidence that as gaming has grown over the last 30 years that violent crime has gone down. Coincidence? If media really had that influence where was the generation of Bugs Bunny watchers dropping anvils on people's heads?

And lastly, as it applies to gender equality, the people up on that stage are there on merit. They're not just randomly picking white guys out of the audience to talk about the game. And the industry - here in NA and Europe - is made up mostly of white males and most of those games are bought by white males. So yeah it doesn't make any more sense to have a female on stage for the sake of being female then it would to have a dolphin because by this idiotic sophistry anything that's not on stage is obviously under-represented and discriminated against.

5. Re: Female Lead Cut from Assassin's Creed: Unity Jun 11, 2014, 10:20 Cutter

Well seeing as the target market for these games is probably 99.9% male I can't imagine too many would care, much less want to play a chick. I certainly have no desire to do so. 'I'm going to stab that fucker in the heart! Oh fooey I broke a nail.'

News Comments > Diablo III to "Heal" Broken Achievements
5. Re: Diablo III to Jun 11, 2014, 10:18 Cutter

Most people are nuts about them - and not just in video games. What else are the Olympics besides trying to beat personal and world achievements?

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Jun 11, 2014, 02:25 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 23:02:
Also, if you've not seen last week tonight, it's so so funny. John Oliver goes off on FIFA.

The guy is great. Man, I can't believe these countries let FIFA get away with that scheisse. I loved his shot at Budweiser 'they sell a product they insist on calling beer' Lol!

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
8. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 11, 2014, 01:12 Cutter

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 21:40:
I would want to know why the fuck I should suffer random people hogging any of my bandwidth...

And do they even have the right? Could people opt-out? What's the angle here? Can anyone access the wi-fi or only Comcast subscribers? What's the resulting health effects here? How much more electromagnetic radiation are they dumping into Houston with that?

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Jun 11, 2014, 01:03 Cutter

Well they always start second week of July. However I did see a post that because of their work with the Dota 2 tourney they may be bumping up the sale a bit early this year. Guess we'll know for certain in the next 2 or 3 weeks.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2014, Part 3
15. Re: It Came from E3 2014, Part 3 Jun 11, 2014, 00:52 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 00:08:
Axis wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 22:28:
Yes Danielle Riendeau... you feel everyone everywhere needs to pander to the liberal whim of ethnic equality representation.

So you'd certainly agree that the Han Chinese, Hindustani, Arabs and Bengalis need to be first and foremost represented in the future in everything, everywhere if it involves a "world audience appreciation" since they far outnumber every other ethnicity in the world we live in.

On the other hand, I think it's worth pointing out that while gaming continues to rapidly gain playership among women, minorities, and LGBTs, E3 continues to market to the white straight male.

And what's the target audience? In NA and Europe - dunno about the rest of the world - at least 80% of the gamers must be white males - and there's no way that's going to change that much in the foreseeable future. In Asia you can bet dollars to donuts that their marketing campaigns are very different.

Go to any industry dominated by woman or product or service used generally by women and you're not going to see many male speakers either. So it that discrimination or a simple reflection of the reality of the marketplace? This sort of Equal Opportunity bullshit is wrong. Why have a woman speak for the sake of it being a woman if she's got nothing relevant to say on the subject matter. It'd be the same as if I went to tampon or a bra convention to speak to the women there about those products when I know sweet FA about them.

News Comments > Alien Isolation Trailer
11. Re: Alien Isolation Trailer Jun 11, 2014, 00:47 Cutter

DangerDog wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 22:42:
I'm digging the VCR era tech used, it's all about striking that nostalgia nerve just right.

Yeah, did you see the interview where they were covering all the analogue equipment and why they went that way? It's pretty neato keen.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Ditches Legendary Crafting Materials
18. Re: Diablo III Patch Ditches Legendary Crafting Materials Jun 11, 2014, 00:45 Cutter

dj LiTh wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 20:10:
Hey guys, honest question. I cant for the life of me enjoy this game because i dont see the point of getting better gear....just to get better gear? And i really really do love ARPG's, but D3 it just seems so pointless to me? Can you guys share your experience with me on why you play this as opposed to (any) other ARPG's?

Yeah, ARPGs have worn thin for me. Just not into grinding on the hamster wheel anymore. When Diablo came out it was great. D2? Enh not so much. D3? I was pretty meh about it. Played through it doubt I'll go back to it again. Doubt I'll even bother with the expansion - even at a deep discount, well maybe for $5.

Maybe it's just getting older but I find I'm much more picky about what I buy and play now. And the only thing that I'm really still loving are CPRGs. I need some story, some narrative, some character interaction. Is that what Elite/Star Citizen/No Man's Sky are going to be about? Fight/trade/explore but with no real stories? That gets old fast. Maybe you're just getting older too. Grinding for the sake of grinding is actually pretty pointless. Oh, 1 hour later and I found a marginally better item. Whoopdee-frickin'-doo.

17731 Comments. 887 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo