Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 20437 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
1. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Feb 22, 2015, 13:31 Cutter

Bullied by office jerks? Well tell them that the Jerk Store called and it's running out of them! Wry

But seriously, if you're good at what you do you don't get bullied. You're far too valuable to the organization for that to happen. Either these people aren't that good at what they do or they really don't understand their worth.

“That's it. You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!”
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
1. Re: Sunday Mobilization Feb 22, 2015, 13:26 Cutter

Obviously Apple was behind this scam. They must be pissed they didn't get away with it. Really? Kids need tablets - and ridiculously overpriced ones at that - to get an education to they? The FBI is right to investigate. Let's hope some people go to prison here.

“That's it. You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!”

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 22, 2015, 13:16 Cutter

Christ, February has been going on forever and it's still not over yet! This wait for GTA5 and PE is just dragging out like a motherfucker.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy
87. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 22, 2015, 10:29 Cutter

Sugarman wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 10:16:
How much does someone spend in a year that smokes 1-2 packs of cigarettes per day, or someone who drinks often, or someone who uses drugs often?

There are plenty of people out there that spend far more than I have on things that I feel are ridiculous, but that's their decision, and even if I think it's a complete wast of money I realize it's really none of my business.

The difference is smoking doesn't give them an advantage over you does it? The problem with this model is its classist. We have enough of that bullshit IRL the last place we want to see it is in games. Games are supposed to be fair otherwise what's the point in playing? It's like you and I starting a game of Monopoly when you already own half the properties with hotels on them. You've already got disposable income that most people don't, isn't that enough? Do you have to constantly lord it over those who don't? How much is enough? How many yachts can you water-ski behind, Gordon?

59. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 22, 2015, 01:16 Cutter

Yeah, private servers will exist for the several hour long - I predict 6 - 8 hours - SQ42. Everything else is going to be online and monetized up the ass. How else do you think they'll pay for this persistent universe going forward? Selling ships, selling insurance, uniforms, etc. etc. etc. is how it's going to be and anyone who believes different is severely delusional.

21. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 21, 2015, 13:54 Cutter

Julian Delphiki wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 13:29:
Why am I not surprised to see so many of the users of this site, who have always commented on the most speculative statements about anything related to SC, blow something completely out of proportion. Yes, I follow SC and have pledged a little to support it but its obvious to anyone with a smidgen of awareness that you guys are just vindictive sociopaths without an iota of common sense, or, even worse, individuals with a made up rage that makes you blind to the actual facts. If any of you had even bothered to read the post in its entirety and the response from CIG you wouldn't act as though this is a final component for a game that's already released when in fact it is a simple pre-alpha mechanic to allow people to try things they haven't pledged for and earn it with a little bit of test time in the games competitive modes which are still under significant development. There's no point to making any other arguments since you're clearly fixed on trolling anything SC related, so go ahead and keep making your comments with the sophistication of an angry 10 year-old and I'll smirk at every one of them. You have your troll support group, I'm sure you'll make it through this difficult time. Just rage and cry on each other's shoulders and all will be well.

Why are we trolls for not wanting to support P2W models that are inherently classist? So if you happen to have a pile of disposable income you get all the toys and if you don't than fuck you? Well, in spite of your fanboy ranting most people prefer their games more egalitarian because real life is unfair enough.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 21, 2015, 13:49 Cutter

Maude Lebowski on the Vagina

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 21, 2015, 13:10 Cutter

I think Pratt might be good for Indiana...in a few years. He still seems kind of young for the role. And please, no reboot. Just make it a new story. What do they call in comics again when they pretend like something never happened and the new story is independent of any of the canon stuff?

Hah! Would have loved to have been at that wedding!

Lulz to that jerk Headcrab vid! That was great!

The skunk is cute but really? Of all the animals to domesticate as a pet? A skunk?

Boy octopuses sure do like crabs. Man it'd suck getting eaten by an octopus.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
1. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Feb 21, 2015, 12:59 Cutter

Oh hell no!

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 21, 2015, 12:56 Cutter

How is that punishing holdouts? It's like wanting to drive the same car forever. You're entitled to do that but don't expect the manufacturer to keep churning out after market parts for you. Sooner or later you're going to have to find them somewhere else or have them made at a greater cost. No one is forcing them to stick with XP. Cheap bastards.

11. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 21, 2015, 12:49 Cutter

swaaye wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 11:59:
He was pretty crazy even back when he was working on Wing Commander and turned it into an expensive shitty movie, and then literally made a shitty movie about it.

Freelancer was originally supposed to be like Star Citizen. But MS didn't want to fund its dreamy idealistic development. Today we have people who want to live in Star Citizen, easy ways to give money, and a mentality that paying for alpha-level games is cool and enabling. So Star Citizen is certainly going to work out to some degree. It's a new form of MMO at this point. Narcotic space game.

I agree. The concept of what Star Citizen was supposed to be originally - at any rate - is a very attractive one. And there's obviously a huge market for it. I just don't think CR is the guy to deliver it...or will deliver it. Certainly not how most people envision at any rate.

9. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 21, 2015, 12:46 Cutter

And like many of us have been saying, this is just the tip of the iceberg for things to come. Still waiting for the other shoe to drop and hear him announce a turn around ED style with ODRM and monthly fees on top of monetizing everything else.

Heh, it's going to be exactly like watching a train wreck in slow motion. I just wish I could see the horror on the passengers faces as it unfolds. I'll just think of what Michael Bay would do, plenty of explosions all around.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
10. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Feb 21, 2015, 10:35 Cutter

Jerykk wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 05:55:
walrus1 wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 22:38:
Cutter wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 19:37:
KS should be legally obliged to either refund people's money of fund the development themselves. Until then I'm done with them.
I agree they should refund money lost on it. It seems to me at least that more and more people are creating kickstarters and then vanishing a few months after they are funded.

Kickstarter has never guaranteed that Kickstarter projects will be finished. That's the responsibility of the people creating the projects. When you back a project, you aren't pre-ordering a product. You aren't entering into a legally-binding contract. You are not making an investment. You are, for all intents and purposes, offering a donation to someone because you like their ideas. That's it.

You are entering into a contract. It's a purchase agreement. Most of you people around here have no idea what even constitutes a contract. Verbal agreements are still legally binding contracts everywhere one earth. It's absolutely no different from buying a car or anything else where you pay up front before delivery. The contractor must strive for and attempt to deliver what was agreed upon and paid for or as close as possible - and even then the contractee still has to agree to it or they're permitted to terminate the agreement with no penalty to them. If you buy a royal blue car and the dealer says 'Well we managed to get everything you asked for except the color. It'll have to be pink. Is that ok?' Then the terms of the deal weren't fufilled and the contract is vacated ab initio.

Same with the changes in KS agreements. Yes, it's reasonable that software changes over time. However there are limits. Like Molyneux very obviously changed his mind and decided to turn Godus into a mobile game. There isn't a court in the land that wouldn't come down on the side of the consumer. Most people simply aren't going to spend the time and money to recoup their $20 in Small Claims Court. They should however because they'd also be entitled to exemplary damages. More importantly they'd make it harder for con artists to keep conning people.

I've sued several people successfully over the years. Hell, I'm in the process of suing my municipality right now. My bone of contention here is that KS profits from these scams and is therefor liable under comparative negligence. They haven't been called on this yet, but they will one day and soon. I can't wait to see what happens.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
4. Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 21, 2015, 10:09 Cutter

Sepharo wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 22:15:
It's a wonder you have a computer.

Why? I have a lot more control over it than a phone. Is your PC loaded with bloatware? GPS tracker? etc. You know what I need a phone for? Making phone calls.

News Comments > Book of Unwritten Tales 2 Released
3. Re: Book of Unwritten Tales 2 Released Feb 20, 2015, 22:39 Cutter

Ok, that was pretty lulz. I liked the first one somewhat. I'll prolly grab this when it hits a deep discount.

News Comments > Dirty Bomb Stress Test
6. Re: Dirty Bomb Stress Test Feb 20, 2015, 22:38 Cutter

Fuck these clowns after Brink. They deserve it dirty alright, a dirty Sanchez.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 20, 2015, 19:46 Cutter

Shit like that malware on smartphones is precisely why we need to go back to dumb phones. If it's not the crooks it's the government spying on you. I neither need, nor want, a device that allows them to do that.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Feb 20, 2015, 19:37 Cutter

KS should be legally obliged to either refund people's money of fund the development themselves. Until then I'm done with them.

News Comments > Victor Vran Early Access
1. Re: Victor Vran Early Access Feb 20, 2015, 19:33 Cutter

How exactly is this price at $20 for NA when the peso, US dollar, and CDN dollar all vary greatly in value?

News Comments > Old School RuneScape Adds F2P
6. Re: Old School RuneScape Adds F2P Feb 20, 2015, 16:51 Cutter

Old school is anything analogue. So some of the 80s and most of the 70s and anything prior to that.

20437 Comments. 1022 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo