Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 18638 (Ninja)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 10, 2014, 20:42 Cutter

Arrested for pot. Jesus, time for the rest of the world to come into the 21st century and end this stupid prohibition already.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 10, 2014, 20:41 Cutter

Heh, someone is saying the 50 pledges their campaign has so far is from staff and family/friends, lol! Wouldn't doubt it with these scumbags.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 10, 2014, 20:38 Cutter

Nothing Apple does is good for anyone. And wearables? Fad.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 10, 2014, 20:37 Cutter

Hope they lose big on it just to F Nodick in the A.

News Comments > Legions of Steel Beta
1. Re: Legions of Steel Beta Sep 10, 2014, 20:32 Cutter

So these guys make games at Hogworts?

News Comments > Alien Isolation Specs
2. Re: Alien Isolation Specs Sep 10, 2014, 20:31 Cutter

Anyone taking the pre-order plunge? It's on for $40 at Get Games atm - as opposed to the normal $50 everywhere else. It looks really sweet but how much replayability are you going to get out of this bitch?

News Comments > Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B?
153. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 20:00 Cutter

The Pyro wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 19:23:
For reference, Microsoft is currently the 3rd largest company in the world with a market capitalization of $340 billion. They have 100,000 employees. This offer puts the value of Mojang at almost 1% of that... an indie game being valued at almost 1% of the dominant business software company on the planet!

It's ridiculous.

But of course this isn't real money, here... it's inflated shares of stock. If you try to cash out all at once then you destroy the value of your stock in the process. You still end up filthy rich, of course...

MS Stock? 50 bucks a share.

Apple? $100. Google? $600. Why? Because they don't do dumb stuff like this.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
44. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2014, 19:56 Cutter

UHD wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 17:39:
Cutter wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 14:58:
Nothing I said is the least bit invalid or untrue to any rational and fair human being. If you find that disturbing then it's you who needs to re-align his perspective on life and the world. I get just as tired of the shrill liberal brigade telling us how to live, think, and act, just as much as I do with the right-wing nutjobs. There is no one size fits all life for everyone.

You are way too emotionally invested in defending a terrible human being. God damn man.

It's not cool to beat someone unconscious because they pawed at your face during an argument. That's not the "shrill liberal brigade" telling you how to live your life, that's common sense.

Hyperbolize much? See, people like you are part of the problem. She's screaming and slapping the guy. He gives her a rabbit punch that just happens to knock her out and you and the rest of the shrill liberal brigade are screaming that he beat her unconscious. Really, he just sat there pounding away until she was unconscious. Is that what really happened? Because I saw a quick rabbit punch that just happened to catch her on the button - which is boxing terminology for the nerve ganglion in the jaw, that when hit, results in a knockout. It's not like he even flat out swung on her. It looks worse than what it is. If you ever boxed or followed boxing you'd know that, but obviously boxing is barbaric so you wouldn't do that.

I'm not defending him, I'm defending men everywhere that get castigated for this bullshit while not a single fucking word is said about the woman's behavior. If you start shit with someone - and I don't give a flying fuck if you're male or female - then you best expect a response. As the old expression goes, don't start nothin' and there ain't gonna' be nothin'. Now that, is actual, real common sense. And what's more that's actually fair.

News Comments > Transverse Could Have Been Wing Commander Online; Gamers Skeptical
14. Re: Transverse Could Have Been Wing Commander Online; Gamers Skeptical Sep 10, 2014, 19:19 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 16:40:
The reason MWO got the money it did via crowdfunding was due to all the nostalgia for the MW franchise, even though that nostalgia was for a single player campaign-style game, not for an online-only free to play game. Transverse has none of that nostalgia, thus no money coming in. Shouldn't that have been obvious?

And particularly after they F'd everyone in the A on MWO. It'd be awesome if they don't even break 5k. What a reality check that would be for those clowns.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 10, 2014, 14:59 Cutter

Creston wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 12:54:
Cutter wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 10:57:
Creston wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 10:14:
Damn, it's got to be nice to have a job so awesome that you can just sleep in your car and save all that rent/mortgage money.

If I was going to do that I'd rather be a cowboy riding the range and camping out under the stars.

That's awesome right up until the first night it rains, or you wake up with some kind of fucking scorpion crawling in your bunghole.

I've camped in the rain, not a big deal. As for the latter I'm sure some people pay good money for that sort of experience. Hi-o!
Biker

33. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2014, 14:58 Cutter

Blue wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 13:07:
Cutter wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 12:49:
There's nothing disturbing about it unless you're one of those unbalanced white-knighting assholes who think all the problems of humanity can be laid at the feet of men, and women are all pure and innocent as the driven snow.

You can have an unpleasant way of dealing with opposing viewpoints. I don't really feel like addressing this further at this point.

Nothing I said is the least bit invalid or untrue to any rational and fair human being. If you find that disturbing then it's you who needs to re-align his perspective on life and the world. I get just as tired of the shrill liberal brigade telling us how to live, think, and act, just as much as I do with the right-wing nutjobs. There is no one size fits all life for everyone.

83. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 14:52 Cutter

BitWraith wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 13:07:
To the Microsoft won't make a dime folks:

Maybe if they squander the opportunity (likely). However, Microsoft isn't just buying a game, they're buying a BRAND. Minecraft sells tons of t-shirts, toys, foam weapons and armor, etc etc.

They'll blow it, but don't think they're just paying 2 billion for a small game here.

Hey Steve Ballmer is that you? Because I can't think of anyone else dumb enough or insane enough or yelly and sweaty enough to pay 2 billion for 1 game already on its downward slide.

News Comments > Endless Legend Next Week
4. Re: Endless Legend Next Week Sep 10, 2014, 14:49 Cutter

It's like a more modern Civ but more sci-fi/fantasy. I couldn't say whether you should jump on it or not at this point.  

24. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2014, 12:49 Cutter

Blue wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 11:12:
Cutter wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 11:07:
Women need to know when to shut up and back off as well.

You seem disturbingly invested in making this point.

Also, "mitigating factor" means a reason to give a criminal a reduced sentence. Are you really saying football players should be held *less* culpable in court for physical assaults than everyday folks?

There's nothing disturbing about it unless you're one of those unbalanced white-knighting assholes who think all the problems of humanity can be laid at the feet of men, and women are all pure and innocent as the driven snow. Why should women get a free pass if they're behaving like psycho bitches? Sorry pal, but it's a two way street. Everyone is accountable for their actions or no one is. Take your pick. I haven't seen one, not one media pundit call her actions into question. And why? Because then the pack will go off on him and call him a wife beater. It's like the moment anyone is critical of Israel's actions toward Palestine, all of a sudden he's a goose-stepping nazi.

I said it wasn't an excuse, however it is a factor. Do you really expect people raised and conditioned to violence - and paid insanely well for as well as idolized by millions - not to have some issues in dealing with it? My father was a violent drunk and career criminal. Had my mother not left him I probably would have grown up to be just like him. What does anyone know about Ray Rice's life anyway. There's always more to it then 'He hit a woman so let's make a pariah of him.' There's so much bullshit around these sorts of affairs that you need wings to stay about them. This is the sort of hypocrisy and pack mentality bullshit that really makes me hate people.

60. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 12:36 Cutter

Minecraft is already done. It was a one hit wonder. Period. Notch has nothing else to bring to the table. He's basically sold what? 50+ million copies at $20 a pop? So in what universe will you ever see that replicated again? Nowhere is where. I could understand if they were dumb enough to pay 100 million for it - and they would be dumb at this point - but 2 billion? It is but to laugh. If I was an MS shareholder - which I never would have been with Ballmer heading things up - I'd sure as hell be dumping my stock now if this is where Nutella is going with the company.

News Comments > Endless Legend Next Week
1. Re: Endless Legend Next Week Sep 10, 2014, 12:31 Cutter

Cool, apart from an early look I haven't really played it at all. I'm ready for it now however!

14. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2014, 11:11 Cutter

Blue wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 11:07:
Cutter wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 11:00:
I guess Ray Rice must have taken lessons from his mentor Rsy Lewis. He was probably planning on murdering her too and getting away with it like his mentor did. Stay classy Baltimore!

Ray Lewis needs to learn when to shut the fuck up. Not that he's capable.

Heh, best comment ever on Lewis....

"Using his own logic, Ray Lewis needs a "best friend" to tell him the truth: shut up, go to your house and stay there! 6 kids with 4 women and no wedding ring whatsoever, the murder case, steroid allegations, saying the devil made me do it. And to top it all off, his on air debut resulted in the worst NFL draft coverage. Ever. The only advice he should be giving is "don't be like me!"

12. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2014, 11:07 Cutter

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 10:38:
The really interesting thing will be what the NFL does with other players currently dealing with domestic violence issues. One of which I believe was recently convicted of a felony charge -- if they don't handle those just as severely it looks like a case of "as long as there's no video, you are good to go!"

A big part of the problem is these are men who make a living through violence. They're not the 'let's talk this out over some sympathy tea' types. It was like that story Hunter S. Thompson recalled. One time in a bar in SF after the game some clown who had too much to drink was giving one of the linebackers static about losing the game when the LB grabbed him by the tie and yanked his face into the bar knocking the guy's teeth out. You can't expect guys who have been conditioned all their lives to violence to not be more violent on average than the average person. That's not an excuse, but it is a mitigating factor. Male or female, you get up in their face - and I'm sure some alcohol was involved here all around - and shit is going to go down. Women need to know when to shut up and back off as well.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2014, 11:00 Cutter

I guess Ray Rice must have taken lessons from his mentor Rsy Lewis. He was probably planning on murdering her too and getting away with it like his mentor did. Stay classy Baltimore!

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 10, 2014, 10:57 Cutter

Creston wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 10:14:
Damn, it's got to be nice to have a job so awesome that you can just sleep in your car and save all that rent/mortgage money.

If I was going to do that I'd rather be a cowboy riding the range and camping out under the stars.

18638 Comments. 932 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo