Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 20453 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Collection Trailer & Mod Details
10. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collection Trailer & Mod Details Feb 24, 2015, 23:55 Cutter

I've liked the trailers...until now. And this is why you don't get a 20 year old to make a trailer targeting people who could almost be his parents. Yes, Sail = epic fail. All the 'splosions. This is not a Michael Bay film. Otherwise the visuals look sweet. There are so many classics that deserve this treatment. A company could get rich doing nothing else but this.

“That's it. You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!”
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GTA5 PC Delay
66. Re: GTA5 PC Delay Feb 24, 2015, 21:32 Cutter

wasteoid wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 16:58:
Cutter wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 14:11:
Mother...fucker.

Now I'm worried because this game sounds like an unfolding disaster. Ya really think 3 more weeks is going to make that much of a difference? Really? For realz yo? Cereal? Totes? Every logical fiber in my being tells me to cancel the pre-order, yet the GTA lover in me is all like 'Dudebro, been a long time since some GTA goodness, brah. It's all good in the hood, scro!' Arrrgh! Fuck a duck!

Agreed, less than a month of extra time doesn't seem like enough to make a difference.

How are breakfast food and luggage related to this? Also, women's undergarments, male genitalia, and bestiality.

What doesn't it have to do with it?! All that stuff is in the game! At the same time!
Stab

“That's it. You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!”

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor DLC Released
19. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor DLC Released Feb 24, 2015, 21:25 Cutter

I pretty much did everything there was in the main game and I have 36 hours clocked on that alone so I'm not complaining for the $26 I paid for the CE.

News Comments > Lionsgate & Telltale Partner on The Super Show
2. Re: Lionsgate & Telltale Partner on The Super Show Feb 24, 2015, 21:23 Cutter

Agreed. That's exactly what happened with TWAU and they were only working on one other game. I'm pretty much over their baely interactive TV games anyway, but if I ever do buy another it won't be until it's finished and on a deep discount.

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Feb 24, 2015, 21:19 Cutter

I took them to task over the censorship and the non-fanboys agreed with me, and the fanboys with them - obviously. I even stated that they could do whatever the hell they pleased on their forums but had no right to on Steam as far as I'm concerned - which is why I was posting there and not on their forums because it's pretty evident they're not fond of criticism. I don't want access back, I want my money back and they can take their shitty game back and fuck off for nothing while they're at it.

Why did I buy it? I was bored and looking for something. Didn't really grab anything on the Xmas sales this year - nothing I wanted, at least at the prices I was willing to pay. And there's still no great bargains on anything atm. And everything else seems to have been pushed back - e.g. GTA5, PE, etc. And I wanted to try a survival game that didn't have goddamned zombies. If they weren't such dicks I'd chalk it up to a write-off because we all know what we're getting into with EA, at least on the game side of it. If I had known, however, what kind of douchebags they were I obviously would have never bought it. It just really gets on my tits when those sorts of scumbags are making money like that.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Feb 24, 2015, 19:25 Cutter

Reminds me of something from Robot Chicken.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 24, 2015, 19:22 Cutter

PoE better kick ass after this year long delay.

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Feb 24, 2015, 19:18 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 19:03:
Cutter wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 18:45:
Same. They're an evil company too IMO so avoid them like the plaque. I'm trying to get my money back from those fuckers now. Just look at the neg reviews, they're spot on.

Also, why do you think they're evil? Because development seems to have ground to a halt?

No because they like to engage in censorship. They lock and delete posts all the time. I called them on it and got banned from the Steam forum for it. If it was their board I could have cared less, but Steam isn't their fucking property. And there are few things in this world that make me as irate as censorship. People are literally dying around the world right now for liberty. So when I see pricks like that doing that sort of thing I see red. Je suis Charlie and all that. I entirely agree with Voltaire's sentiments on the matter of free speech. I don't agree when Blue does it either, but it's house and his rules so I respect that.

There's far too many of these new devs out there doing this these days. Do they honestly think it won't come back to bite them in the ass? That's how you deal with paying customers? Fuck them and the horse they rode in on.

All that bullshit aside, that review you cited is spot on. The stylized look is really nice I'll grant them that much, but that's all it's got going for it. As a game? There's nothing there. All the maps are static so once you learn how to get around then it's just about grinding to say alive. However that's really it for me with EA titles though. Never again. Fool me once, blah blah blah.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Feb 24, 2015, 18:45 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 18:31:
Hey Cutter, you've been playing The Long Dark. Have they been making improvements, or has it been pretty static?

Also, is it procedural, or is the game world the same each time?

Same. They're an evil company too IMO so avoid them like the plaque. I'm trying to get my money back from those fuckers now. Just look at the neg reviews, they're spot on.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 24, 2015, 18:44 Cutter

Verno wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 09:37:
Uh no Cutter, the article goes into how both the board and IT departments are responsible for various reasons - age gap between board and IT, IT directors playing politics and resisting personnel reviews and so on. Any time you have malware laying around undetected for months its hard not to fault IT by the way, that shit would never fly here.

Um no Vern. Cheap upper management refusing to pony up the dough for real security is literally always the problem. Waste their bonus money? Never. That's what insurance is for! Win, lose, or draw, so long as they make out like bandits themselves they don't care. Just look at the Canadian Target CEO, loses the company 2 billion dollars and still gets a 60 million dollar golden parachute.

News Comments > GTA5 PC Delay
32. Re: GTA5 PC Delay Feb 24, 2015, 14:11 Cutter

Mother...fucker.

Now I'm worried because this game sounds like an unfolding disaster. Ya really think 3 more weeks is going to make that much of a difference? Really? For realz yo? Cereal? Totes? Every logical fiber in my being tells me to cancel the pre-order, yet the GTA lover in me is all like 'Dudebro, been a long time since some GTA goodness, brah. It's all good in the hood, scro!' Arrrgh! Fuck a duck!

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor DLC Released
7. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor DLC Released Feb 24, 2015, 14:05 Cutter

Haven't checked out any o the DLC yet since I got the CE but I will soon.

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - Space Hulk: Ascension Salamanders
4. Re: Ship Ahoy - Space Hulk: Ascension Salamanders Feb 24, 2015, 14:04 Cutter

ForgedReality wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 12:36:
Cutter wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 09:27:
Haha post that salamander pic again! They should make that DLC. :)

Came here to do just that.

http://i.imgur.com/5zOsAM3.png

Yeah Mr. White! Yeah science! Haha that so rules, man!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 24, 2015, 14:03 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 13:02:
If you haven't read it yet, the book Wicked offers an alternative take on the Witch of the West casting her in a good light. It's a good read. Also, it has sex.

Like a flying monkey orgy? My views on sex are pretty liberal but I draw the line at flying monkey orgies.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 24, 2015, 10:47 Cutter

GTA5 has been pushed back another 3 weeks? Are you fucking kidding me? Urge to kill rising! Well at least PE will be here. If that gets pushed back one more goddamned time I'm going apoplectic!

2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 24, 2015, 09:41 Cutter

Dorthy didn't kill the witch, a house fell on her. It was an Act of God, so no one is liable in that case. And really, wasn't Glenda the one who was really evil? I mean she could have had Dorthy just click her heels together 3 times then and there. Why follow the dangerous yellow brick road at all? Because she had it set up so that a patsy would either kill her mortal enemy or take the fall instead of her. What kind of psychopath sends a little girl off to kill an evil tyrant who commands a legion of murderous servants in the first place? And how did she get her to do it? By lying to her and telling her to go see the wizard who really wasn't a wizard at all. No, Dorthy was the victim here and Glenda was the real evil in the land.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 24, 2015, 09:32 Cutter

Yeah, sure it's IT's fault, right? Um not. That article is written by someone who's never worked in corporate IT.

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - Space Hulk: Ascension Salamanders
1. Re: Ship Ahoy - Space Hulk: Ascension Salamanders Feb 24, 2015, 09:27 Cutter

Haha post that salamander pic again! They should make that DLC.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
21. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 24, 2015, 00:31 Cutter

Julio wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 22:09:
Beamer wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 22:02:
It's hard to actually do anything when people like you and Cutter decry any and all action as "sexism against men."

Not that I expect you'll be able to answer why this is not sexist against men, but...

I'm curious to hear how having women "rise up" doesn't mean men "go down". Unless there's a lot of hermaphrodites that are going to be discriminated against.

True equality is not caring if someone is a man, woman, or hermaphrodite.

Dude, do yourself a favour and put Troller on ignore. Him and Redtroll both actually. They're probably the same troll at any rate. At least, don't quote them so the rest of us don't have to see their stupid trolling.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
15. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 23, 2015, 21:38 Cutter

dubfanatic wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 20:10:
Redmask wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 19:20:
2008 is a long time ago when you're talking about this kind of thing. The world has come so far in terms of being PC in 6 years. How many people are honest about such things anyway? Since you cited it, how was the study conducted specifically? Were they offered a series of choices or did they have to provide that one specifically to validate it?

In 2008 you could donate to a political campaign against gay marriage. Now, if you did that, you'd better hope you don't rise to a position of prominence, or the Twitter mafia will get you fired.

Don't kid yourself. Maybe in a few liberal bastions but most other places you'd still be viewed as a folk hero. In fact most of the world is still highly bigoted and racist in most places. Hell, in most of those places you can't rise to prominence without coming down as a bigot and/or racist. Even in the corporate world you just have to be smart enough not to say anything publicly but your donations speak volumes about what you really believe.

20453 Comments. 1023 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo