Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 16558 (Ninja)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Mar 18, 2014, 14:03 Cutter

Stars? What kind? Red dwarfs? White dwarfs? And how does the fusion reaction begin to enable this transformation?

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Auction Houses Closed
26. Re: Diablo III Auction House Closed Mar 18, 2014, 13:57 Cutter

Robble robble robble!

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

News Comments > New AMD Catalyst 14.2 Beta Adds THIEF Mantle Support
2. Re: New AMD Catalyst 14.2 Beta Adds THIEF Mantle Support Mar 18, 2014, 13:54 Cutter

Oh my gawd, like wut-ever!

News Comments > Evening Previews
3. Re: Evening Previews Mar 17, 2014, 21:00 Cutter

And I say “fairly competent” because, well, this game has problems well in excess of what I'd expect from a major release less than three weeks out from launch. Sometimes they're weird and funny, like when your character is loaded in the same place as another player and you can only see the back of their mouth. Others issues are more serious, particularly a regular occurrence of buggy, uncompletable quests.

Holy shitsnacks what a POS this game is. Almost every other quest was borked. Everything about the game screams console game, boredom and badly done. Well they better hope it gains some traction on consoles because it sure as shit won't with PC gamers. And it was just so pathetic, the rationalizations from the fanboys actually stupid enough to buy this thing. 'Oh no, this build is several months old, the latest build is near perfect and has way more stuff!' Yeah? Wow, what a brilliant marketing plan. Hey let's put out a final beta weekend that's a complete POS and that'll guarantee us sales! Derp!

It's funny with so many of these bad previews because they're trying so hard to be nice and not burn any bridges with Bethsoft and future advertising dollars and preview copies but they're having a hell of a time trying to do it which shows how bad it really is.

So how much did they waste on this clusterfuck anyway? 100 mil?

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Phantoms (GR Online) Next Month
9. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Phantoms (GR Online) Next Month Mar 17, 2014, 20:48 Cutter

Hump wrote on Mar 17, 2014, 19:51:
havent seen anything on the Tom Clancy MMO "The Division" since it got announced last year. That game looked badass in the trailer.

It won't be out until Xmas 2014 at least, so get comfy. Prolly not even this year. However 2 new screenies surfaced today....

Teh Division New Screenies

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Phantoms (GR Online) Next Month
8. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Phantoms (GR Online) Next Month Mar 17, 2014, 20:43 Cutter

Recon!!!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 17, 2014, 17:05 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Mar 17, 2014, 16:29:
Well, the combination of St. Paddy's day and the coffee drought has inspired me to make some Irish Coffee tonight. Recs on good Irish Whiskey? Bushmills or Jameson?

Bush for sure. Coffee black as the ace of spades. Organic cane or raw demera sugar to taste. Dollop of FRESH whipped cream mixed in. Put on the Bee Gees Too Much Heaven. Enjoy.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 17, 2014, 11:41 Cutter

Guinness and Heineken drop out of St. Paddys

Good for them.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 17, 2014, 11:39 Cutter

dj LiTh wrote on Mar 17, 2014, 11:21:
I miss St. Patricks day celebrations in the states, they hardly celebrate it here in europe (ireland excluded of course). I remember when i was visiting some english friends near london, this was the only day they didnt want to go out drinking.

Both as someone of Irish lineage and a bartender I fucking hate St. Paddy's day more than any other day of the year. Beginning of every year when we could start booking off days I would always run, not walk, run to the office and book off St. Paddys. I would go home, turn off my phone, draw the blinds and ignore the world. The amatuers, lightweights, and clowns just get on my tits to no end. 'Whee! Let's get gassed on shitty green draft and dance on the tables!' People puking, fighting, making out and just being assholes in general is all it's about.

And with me family being Irish I also take exception to the rule that getting your Irish on means being a drunken asshole. I suppose that's the distillers and brewers faults really. Same way they've turned CdM into yet another boozefest where being Mexican means pounding Corona and Tequila/Mezcal all day long.

Sunsabitches.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 17, 2014, 11:29 Cutter

Pigeon wrote on Mar 17, 2014, 10:22:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Mar 17, 2014, 10:13:
Odd, I remember there being a drought in Brazil a decade ago. The price of coffee jumped by 25% and never went back down when there was a glut of beans on the market.

That's usually how it works prices tend to go up fast, but down slowly. Gas is a prime example, the price can go up 20 cents in a weeks time because the president scratched his butt wrong, but it'll take months for that price to go back down despite plenty of supply and dropping oil prices.

Not up here, man. Prices regularly bounce up down 5-20 cents fairly quickly. It's pretty infuriating actually because you can see the collusion at work. Three different gas stations all kitty corner to each other and the exact same price. Where I'm at atm gas is about 10 cents cheaper then in the heart of the city 30 minutes away. A few days ago it was 1.22 per litre, shot up to 1.29 and is 1.25 atm.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
28. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 17, 2014, 11:25 Cutter

Slashman wrote on Mar 17, 2014, 00:17:
Axis wrote on Mar 16, 2014, 16:31:
Planet Explorers is well worth it if you like those sort of games. We just got steam keys but the community and dev support has been strong for a long time.

I was looking at it, but wanted to hear from someone on Blues who has actually played it. What's it actually like?

Go to their website and they have a free earlier alpha you can try - it says free demo. I tried it and it's interesting but waaaaaay to early to tell.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 17, 2014, 11:17 Cutter

QFT....

"I agree. If CBS decides to stop using their OTA signal as required by their "public interest obligations", then their license should be yanked and given, or sold, to someone else. These licenses were dished out for free decades ago so there should not be any financial reward to a broadcaster that abrogates its responsibility to use their license in the public interest.

Granted, a few well paid politicians will make sure that never happens but it is a nice idea nonetheless."

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 17, 2014, 11:13 Cutter

Well marketing speak is there for legal ramifications as well. I recall the first time dealing with a client on the phone at the new company I started with and mentioning bugs. One of the Veeps just happened to be there and literally sprinted over waving like mad. I put the client on hold and he hissed at me, 'Don't ever say bugs because then we're legally obligated under the SLA to fix them. Always and only refer to them as "issues" instead!" I nodded, turned around and rolled my eyes and went back to dealing with the client's "issues". Vague is safe in the marketing world.

News Comments > EverQuest Turns 15
3. Re: EverQuest Turns 15 Mar 17, 2014, 11:07 Cutter

As an old-school MUDder and PnPer EQ was long the dream for most of us. Whilst Neverwinter, UO, Meridian 59, et al. were nice to have I still remember being blown away the first time I logged into this 3D world! All these 3D fx of people casting spells and all interacting in this huge world was effing amazing! I definitely got some mahogany that first day.

News Comments > Gauntlet Remake This Summer
7. Re: Gauntlet Remake This Summer Mar 17, 2014, 11:04 Cutter

Gauntlet was fun, but if they're updating it why not do it a lot better? Oh wait, because they're WBIE and sales trump making good games or fixing the broken ones you've already sold. Definite pass.

News Comments > Chaos Reborn Kickstarter
1. Re: Chaos Reborn Kickstarter Mar 17, 2014, 11:02 Cutter

We don't know PCs are covered, he could very easily mean phones and tablets - and from the look of it, that seems to be the case. Anyway, $20 for nothing but vagaries and nothing to actually show except some concept art? Pass.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Bans
1. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Bans Mar 17, 2014, 10:58 Cutter

I don't know why I didn't see it before. No wonder EA and Actiblizz don't actually do anything about hax, way better business to ban the haxxo0rs and make them but a new copy instead! So this is where 3/4 of the sales come from on these games.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 16, 2014, 19:21 Cutter

Hoop wrote on Mar 16, 2014, 18:58:
Cutter wrote on Mar 16, 2014, 17:56:
Well they have to be careful about attacking all the right-wing Jesus freaks
That's funny you should mention that because it's the first reason to pop into my head. Is creationism that big of a problem in the states?

Oh hells yeah! Look at all those midwestern and southern states that not only promote creationism as official curriculum, but have banned or are working to ban teaching evolution. You don't see anything like this in any other first world country on the planet. It's far more akin to what you see in the Middle-Eastern theocracies. And that's exactly what they're trying to establish....Jesusland. In fact, go google Jesusland.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
17. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 16, 2014, 19:16 Cutter

jacobvandy wrote on Mar 16, 2014, 18:37:
Well Comedy Central owns South Park. I don't know whether Trey and Matt have a percentage or if they get paid salaries, but they really don't have control over the property at all. Hence all the shitty games they had nothing to do with 10+ years ago. Which makes it all the more impressive they were able to arrange for Stick of Truth to happen, and go about it the right way.

I dunno the details of the deal but they must retain full creative control and some other plums with merchandising and games. Seeing as they're estimated to be worth about 300 million...each...it must have a been a pretty sweet deal.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 16, 2014, 17:56 Cutter

Well they have to be careful about attacking all the right-wing Jesus freaks in 'Murica, don't they? Hell, presenting science as objectively as possible is construed as an attack by them. 'Hay! Dem dat dere liburals iz tryin' to phil owr yonginz headz ful of fancee book lurnin' an wut not!'  

16558 Comments. 828 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo