Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 20618 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Mar 9, 2015, 19:11 Cutter

Wow, seriously nice deal for 4 years work.

“That's it. You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!”
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Mar 9, 2015, 19:01 Cutter

Oh, don't worry big brother they're already doing that with all their smart devices anyway. How crime ridden is London that you'd need a CCTV in every home and business? Jesus you'd think it was the 1930s Chicago.

“That's it. You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!”

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 9, 2015, 18:55 Cutter

This time next year....

"Facebook firing 1200+ people as VR falls flat."

Those people better keep their resumes polished and looking out for other jobs all the while.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Mar 9, 2015, 18:51 Cutter

GDC 2015 once again reflected the changing shape of the videogame industry, with a dedicated summit track for the rapidly expanding field of eSports with talks from Riot Games, Blizzard Entertainment, MIT Game Lab and many others. Tied to the theme of videogame spectatorship, GDC has also expanded its focus on Community Management, with a dedicated summit that included talks on building, supporting and maintaining an engaged and respectful online community for gamers.

I'm glad I got in on the ground floor of gaming because I have zero interest in where this kind of BS is headed. It was a nice run while it lasted.

News Comments > Far Cry 4: Valley of the Yetis Walkthrough
1. Re: Far Cry 4: Valley of the Yetis Walkthrough Mar 9, 2015, 18:49 Cutter

Aww, why must they hunt the endangered yeti? The sweaty yeti who likes spaghetti!

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Rogue Launch Trailer
1. Re: Assassin's Creed Rogue Launch Trailer Mar 9, 2015, 18:43 Cutter

Wake me when it gets to the $10 or less category. $60 for this? Smoke some more crack-cocaine, Ubisoft.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 9, 2015, 16:38 Cutter

ForgedReality wrote on Mar 9, 2015, 14:58:
That tap concept will work for maybe 6 months at the most, and it won't be that nice while it does work. It won't take long before the "turbines" stop spinning due to gunk from the pipes (bits of metal included) and algae build up. Leading up to their eventual failure, they will start rotating more and more slowly and less consistently. While they work, the water isn't going to do quite what these 3d renders depict. The water will glob together and not stay "pretty" for more than a couple of inches or so, and that's stretching it. Interesting idea, but it's ignoring some pretty basic physics concepts.

I have an excellent water filtration system and will likely be moving on to a distilled water system in the next year or two as I use a lot of it for work anyway. So, that tap would work well for me.

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Mar 9, 2015, 16:29 Cutter

Yeahyeah Yeah wrote on Mar 9, 2015, 12:46:
you mean actual real scientists doing actual real scientists and not shills paid by

"Real scientists" does not define an elite, pure breed, devoid of flaw. The shitty scientists who do work people hate or who people regard as dishonest are as real as the ones they idolize.

No one ever says that a given politician they dislike is not a REAL politician, or that a corrupt CEO is not a REAL CEO. Let's cut this shit out.

Ok, then prove it. Name me a mere dozen well respected climatologists who have put forth peer reviewed papers that prove climate change is bullshit. Name one. You can't because they aren't actual real scientists doing actual real science. They're mouthpieces for industry. If you don't understand that than you have no business even discussing the issue.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 9, 2015, 16:26 Cutter

“It’s going to be a little bit rocky,” Mr. Sweeney said about the development of virtual reality. “Some people are going to ship products that won’t be good. But there is so much momentum behind this that V.R. is an inevitability.”

Just like 3D huh? Inevitble amount of dust covered paperweights more like.

Rolleyes

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 9, 2015, 16:22 Cutter

All these people bending over for Google are idiots. Let the muni own the infrastructure and rent it out to ISPs to manage. See if all this Gfibe bs doesn't come back to bite people in the ass in the next 5 years.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 9, 2015, 16:04 Cutter

xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 9, 2015, 15:16:
Which is why i want to play with friends only. Problem is (and Elf will kill me if I try) I can't play.

Just like when the game came out I couldn't play with yall. At the time my son was born - great reason. Now I have a shitty reason. Left behind once again.....

It's still another 6 weeks out. Mebbe you'll be up to it by then.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 9, 2015, 14:01 Cutter

Oh yeah, forgot to mention if you hit Dealzon right now, they have a link to GMG for 27% off Sid Meir's Starships which hits on Thursday. So that's $11.34 in total. I'm in and can't wait!

13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 9, 2015, 12:36 Cutter

That tap is ahh-mazing! Boggles the mind no one has come up with something like that before. Want!

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Mar 9, 2015, 12:29 Cutter

And what does that have to do with this article? And when you say 'climate change people' you mean actual real scientists doing actual real scientists and not shills paid by the massive polluters lobby?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 9, 2015, 12:15 Cutter

Well who defines what arms are? A weapon is defined by its intent. If cop stops you - and this is another perfect example of why you never consent to anything where cops are involved - and asks why you're carrying a knife/fork/stick/etc. and you reply "self-defense" then you're going to get charged with carrying a concealed weapon. They never said guns, they said arms.

This comment was edited on Mar 9, 2015, 12:25.

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Ultimate Vault Hunter 2 & ClapTrap DLC This Month
10. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Ultimate Vault Hunter 2 & ClapTrap DLC This Month Mar 9, 2015, 12:10 Cutter

Agreed. It just feels like more DLC. Time to move along.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 8, 2015, 20:28 Cutter

It's good to be rid of the penny. It would be great to be rid of DST.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Mar 8, 2015, 20:27 Cutter

And that's why do you don't have contests to judge things on artistic merit. Look at the shit with the IOC and artistic sports.

News Comments > Star Citizen Videos
27. Re: Star Citizen Videos Mar 8, 2015, 20:24 Cutter

Sleep wrote on Mar 8, 2015, 19:53:
verybad1 wrote on Mar 8, 2015, 19:34:
Zor wrote on Mar 8, 2015, 19:08:
it still amazes me that people feel they have the right to say how long Star Citizen should or should not take to develop. As if you have ANY say in the matter whatsoever.

The length of time it takes to make a game is not something you can hold to any expectation and make any kind of sense at all. So just stop.

As a customer, or potential customer, we've got the right to say how long we want to wait for a product, AND for what product we want.

Nahhhhhh, you got a right to vote with your wallet, nobody else gives a shit about the rest.

Actually they do or no one would ever read (p)reviews of anything. Roberts keeps delaying and changing everything and the fanboys keep their rose coloured visors firmly ducktaped to their helmets rationalizing the hell out of it. It's textbook irrationalism. You're the exact sort of people who cause events like Tulipmania. We're simply trying to remind people not to be suckers.

News Comments > Star Citizen Videos
12. Re: Star Citizen Videos Mar 8, 2015, 15:32 Cutter

Flak wrote on Mar 8, 2015, 14:53:
Dagnamit wrote on Mar 8, 2015, 14:12:
This still might be scam and i'm wary as a mf'er, but holy shit, if they pull this off...

You can tell they're making actual progress because the sad trolls who come into these threads to trash Roberts and Co. are strangely becoming more and more absent.

I'm still as skeptical as anyone, but you have to admit that procedural damage tech is very impressive, and to me, is finally something that's ACTUALLY next gen.

Let's hope they can keep this train rolling.

Oh? So because we're not gullible fanboys we're trolls? Almost 3 years at this point - more like 5 if you count pre-development stuff - and they have basically nothing to show for it so far. And now SQ42 has gone from 16 episodes to 5 and it will have been over 3 years at that point. 3 years for one episode. And you have the gall to call us trolls? Hahahahaha! Yeah smoke another bowl there guy. Let us trolls know when you come back down to reality. Lol fools and their money.

20618 Comments. 1031 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo