Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 20971 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Amazon Crytek Deal?
9. Re: Amazon Crytek Deal? Apr 6, 2015, 22:46 Cutter

Well let's hope it gives their poor staff time to jump ship to someone better.

"During times of universal deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
12. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 6, 2015, 17:44 Cutter

jimnms wrote on Apr 6, 2015, 16:38:
Does anyone know if you can file a complaint with the FTC (or FCC) if your ISP isn't delivering the speeds you're paying for? I pay for 20Mbit, but after around 5:30pm until after midnight it's so overloaded I'm lucky to get up to 2Mbit. I've complained to the ISP, but they insist nothing is wrong. They keep wanting to send a "technician" out every time I contact them, but one has already come out and found no problem. No shit you're not going to see the problem when you come out at 3pm when it's not overloaded.

You could but it likely wouldn't go anywhere. It's why ISPs advertise speeds as "up to X Mbps". Doesn't mean you're going to get it.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 6, 2015, 17:42 Cutter

Who even says they'll be carbon based? Mebbe they'll be silicon based. And I don't see how size is relative to intelligence. Crows aren't very big but they're hella smart. We don't know even know why our own brains are so large beyond most of it being used for storage. And they used to be a lot a smaller. Hell, we used to be a lot smaller due to nutritional deficiencies. Most of our history people have been only 4 feet tall +/-.

And whilst I never got into Mad Men, I love Drapes hair.

News Comments > Project Reality Devs Announce Squad
12. Re: Project Reality Devs Announce Squad Apr 6, 2015, 17:29 Cutter

DangerDog wrote on Apr 6, 2015, 17:18:
I don't know how they intend to keep cheaters from ruining the experience and I'm also concerned that they take the "realism" thing too far and cross the threshold from being fun to being outright frustrating. They really need to nail the shooter experience and I don't know if they can do that at the AAA level it needs to be - otherwise it's just another mod for Unreal posing as a game.

Threshold! Take us to the threshold!

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 6, 2015, 11:08 Cutter

Jerks like that need to know that a fancy costume and a shiny badge doesn't give them any special rights. If anything it should hold them to a higher standard. Otherwise you're not cut of for that sort of work and should go do something else.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
10. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Apr 6, 2015, 09:19 Cutter

Yes, and if he went out and murdered thousands of people his sentence would reflect that. This guy fucked over thousands of people. Most ponzi schemes don't even that far. And a computer has nothing to do with it. Just ask Larry Flynt.

And stop holding up Schwartz as some poster boy against injustice. He knowingly broke the law. There are plenty of laws people don't agree with but you either break them and take your chances or you don't. Can't do the time? Don't do the crime. Go out, find a way to change them. But you don't get any special privileges just because you don't agree with them. People seem to confuse the fact that he was threatened with 35 years, he didn't actually get that, nor would he have. That's what prosecutors do, that's their job. It's why the court system is an adversarial process. They're there to get convictons, not be your pal. He thought he was above the law. He got caught. He got hit in the face with reality and he couldn't handle it. That's not society's fault.

7. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Apr 5, 2015, 21:23 Cutter

Jivaro wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 18:33:
My opinion is completely different. 18 years for all of the people he did this too? A joke. That's way less than a year per person he did this too, and they didn't even file charges for every person displayed on the site.

Agreed. Someone pointed out it amount to less than 15 hours per person he victimized. My sympathy for that motherfucker is less than zero. Anyone who trafficks in human misery for profit should suffer as much as possible.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Turns One
16. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Turns One Apr 5, 2015, 21:19 Cutter

At $20 I'll give it a whirl but nothing beyond that.

2. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Apr 5, 2015, 14:40 Cutter

Julio wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 11:45:
Although what the site operator did is wrong, amazing he got 18 years. Confirms that if someone is to break the law, do it in a way that nets you lots of money. Those people never seem to serve any serious time.

Tell that to Bernie Madoff. 150 years seems pretty stiff. Still, I know what you're saying. Most punishments for white collar crimes is a joke. However, it's not like this guy just stole money. He exploited and blackmailed thousands of people. He was an unremorseful douchebag and still is by all accounts. And he has a mess of other unrelated charges against him. He's a grade A sociopath and belongs in prison for a very long time. Couldn't happen to a more deserving asshole.

News Comments > etc.
24. Re: etc. Apr 4, 2015, 21:27 Cutter

mag wrote on Apr 4, 2015, 19:07:
Axis wrote on Apr 4, 2015, 17:18:
So many weak asses scouring the web looking for something to get offended at and *post how they feel dammit!*.

..or some guilty-conscience apologist doing the same.

I know. Look at all of these people in here so pissy that Obsidian changed a few lines of text in their game.

You know who else hates freedom and loves censorship? The terrorists. Why don't you go join Isis since you hate freedom so much?

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
3. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Apr 4, 2015, 20:53 Cutter

Wow is that lake article depressing.

News Comments > The Talos Principle Serious DLC for Free
5. Re: The Talos Principle Serious DLC for Free Apr 4, 2015, 20:11 Cutter

Ray Marden: Man of Mystery.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Online Heists TV Spot
8. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Online Heists TV Spot Apr 3, 2015, 22:02 Cutter

Hump wrote on Apr 3, 2015, 20:45:
Thanks to Take Two's paranoia about losing console sales due to PC version piracy (read: releasing it over a year later on PC) I no longer give a shit about this.

TT is the last company that does this lame shit (holding back the PC sku). Every other publisher stopped this practice 6-7 years ago.

Idiots.

I'm sure with their 100 million sales, or whatever the final tally will be, they're all broken up about that. And you'll be the only gamer on earth that hasn't played it.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Patched
20. Re: Pillars of Eternity Patched Apr 3, 2015, 22:00 Cutter

ShakaUVM wrote on Apr 3, 2015, 20:14:
I can't believe the hate for this game here.

Pillars of Eternity is awesome. I've been waiting for a decade for a good successor to BG2, and it's here.

Yeah, I can't lockpick now, and so I'm pissed about that, but seriously, people. It's a really good game.

Visually, sure. Writing, sure. CRPG system? Not even close. At least Sword Coast Legends is D&D, so fingers crossed it's actually the new NWN.

8. Re: F-35 pilots to wear $400,000 helmets that can see through the plane Apr 3, 2015, 18:06 Cutter

Simon Says wrote on Apr 3, 2015, 15:18:
"F-35 pilots to wear $400,000 helmets that can see through the plane"

Won't save em from the craptastic underdelivering design.

California is running out of water but the MIIC needs to waste 400 billion on some shitty planes for a war that'll never happen.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 3, 2015, 18:03 Cutter

But they're not because that's the way the world works in practice. Give an inch then people want a mile. This is the sort of thing that opens up the door to all kinds of other nonsense. Always.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 3, 2015, 17:57 Cutter

Corrupt judge decides to get in while the getting's good...shocker!

And the feds knew he downloaded this in the first place how exactly? That's the most important question that's not even been asked here.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 3, 2015, 17:50 Cutter

And that's what happens when you try to tell consumers what they want instead of listening to what they want. How many hundreds of millions did they piss away on Kinect?

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Patched
3. Re: Pillars of Eternity Patched Apr 3, 2015, 17:48 Cutter

Yeah, I just have the wiz and priest for heals and utility for the most part but I prefer going with melees as spellcasting is a PITA in this game and not even worth it most of the time. I've gone back to DoS and it's remarkable how much more enjoyable combat is in that game.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 3, 2015, 12:37 Cutter

You what's a great flick to watch on Good Friday?

The Long Good Friday

20971 Comments. 1049 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo