Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Nashville, TN 02/27

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 20040 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 27, 2015, 21:07 Cutter

It's their property they should be allowed to block wifi if they want. Some other hotel chain will be smart enough not to do that and pick up all their business. At least there's enough competition left in hospitality for that.

And what about businesses who want to just block it outright - and not sell their own service - like a theater, or library, or high end restaurant?

"We choose the right to be who we are. We know the difference between the reality of freedom and the illusion of freedom."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 27, 2015, 20:57 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jan 27, 2015, 19:50:
Comcast pays back overdue franchise fees to get city’s merger approval.

Quid pro quo? That is so fucked up.

No the fact that they owed them the money for 3 years is fucked up. 'Hey remember how I owe you 40 grand? Well I'm finally going to pay you back and now you owe me a favor!'

"We choose the right to be who we are. We know the difference between the reality of freedom and the illusion of freedom."

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 27, 2015, 20:52 Cutter

"Brenda Romero, who has been a key figure in video games throughout more than three decades of standout game design, teaching, and advocacy."

Really? And what games and tech would that be exactly?
Rolleyes

Fucking SJWs.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
4. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 27, 2015, 20:50 Cutter

I'm surprised no one has tried to milk a dairy simulator yet.

News Comments > Army 21 Announced
4. Re: Army 21 Announced Jan 27, 2015, 20:43 Cutter

Smoking weed for a start and on to some seriously heavy psychedelics later on because you'd have to be high as fucking kite to make something like this and think people would want to be a part of it.

News Comments > Ken Levine's Sci-Fi PC Game Plans
7. Re: Ken Levine's Sci-Fi PC Game Plans Jan 27, 2015, 20:35 Cutter

New Freedom Force? Fuck yeah! Vampires? No. No fucking zombies. No fucking werewolves. No goddamned vampires. Enough with that bullshit already. If you're going sci-fi do something either Shadowrunish and/or Bladerunnerish.

News Comments > Grim Fandango Remastered & More Star Wars Games on GOG.com
13. Re: Grim Fandango Remastered & More Star Wars Games on GOG.com Jan 27, 2015, 17:10 Cutter

Pigeon wrote on Jan 27, 2015, 14:15:
Cutter wrote on Jan 27, 2015, 13:36:
Yeah, I'll grab it when it hits $5. I too still have my original disc and jewel case too. I wonder if the music is redbooked. Always loved the soundtrack for that game.

From the link:
the same musical score as before, re-recorded in higher quality with no unnecessary compression;

Yeah, but that doesn't answer my question.

News Comments > Dying Light Dawns
23. Re: Dying Light Dawns Jan 27, 2015, 17:10 Cutter

People can rage against the dying of the light, but I'd rather rave against it! *cue house music*

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 27, 2015, 13:51 Cutter

Well, better to be a bit overblown than having it come to pass and no one prepared for it. Still, people should always treat these things with a lick of common sense and realize it's likely not going to be all that bad either.

News Comments > Grim Fandango Remastered & More Star Wars Games on GOG.com
6. Re: Grim Fandango Remastered & More Star Wars Games on GOG.com Jan 27, 2015, 13:36 Cutter

Yeah, I'll grab it when it hits $5. I too still have my original disc and jewel case too. I wonder if the music is redbooked. Always loved the soundtrack for that game.

News Comments > The Witcher III Video; Previews
15. Re: The Witcher III Video; Previews Jan 27, 2015, 01:03 Cutter

Paranoid Jack wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 22:57:
Was that a young Ringo Star crawling out from under a wagon after losing his horse to a griffin? I'm in!

Lol! Good one. It does look like ol' Starkers doesn't it?

News Comments > Five Nights at Freddy's 3 Announced
10. Re: Five Nights at Freddy's 3 Announced Jan 27, 2015, 00:37 Cutter

ViRGE wrote on Jan 27, 2015, 00:34:
Dagnamit wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 20:16:
Icewind wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 19:08:
Didn't the first one come out just about a year ago?

By this time next year, they should be announcing the 6th game.

The first one was in August. That's 3 games, or rather, one game and two paid point releases in 6 months.
Indeed. This is getting silly. But good for the developer, I guess?

I was going to say someone should make a dairy farm simulator and "milk" that for as much as possible. But, when you have annual games like CoD, Ass Creed, et al. you can't really blame these guys for milking the only property they have. Good for them.

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Jan 26, 2015, 21:43 Cutter

This is why things like gene therapy and stem cell research are of paramount importance. We're virtually all genetically damaged in one way or another to greater and lesser degrees and that's the sort of science we need, not more drugs. If the religious kooks don't want any part of it, fine, but there's no reason the rest of us should suffer for their idiotic beliefs.

News Comments > Ubisoft Deactivating Far Cry 4 Keys; Cites Fraud
41. Re: Ubisoft Deactivating Far Cry 4 Keys; Cites Fraud Jan 26, 2015, 19:15 Cutter

Julio wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 18:29:
Clearly unfair pricing by having some regions pay less than others is the culprit. Equal pricing in all regions would make this a non-issue.

Indeed. There's already a 20% disparity between the US and that's only going to keep increasing this year. By year end we may be looking at 30%, so where's our regional pricing? How the fuck can they blame us for looking for a better deal elsewhere?

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 26, 2015, 19:06 Cutter

So it doesn't sound like there's going to be a decent PC GUI. Sigh. No sale.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Tavern Songs & Sheet Music for Free
3. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Tavern Songs & Sheet Music for Free Jan 26, 2015, 19:03 Cutter

Julio wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 18:25:
They'll sell anything if there's a way to make money from it, then again it's Bioware so that's not a huge surprise. Wonder if we'll see the "in-game music is only available as DLC" in the future...

If it meant a discount on the game I wouldn't have a problem with that as I ignore or turn off 99% of game music anyway.

News Comments > The Witcher III Video; Previews
5. Re: The Witcher III Video; Previews Jan 26, 2015, 19:01 Cutter

Enh. As someone who didn't care for - much less finish - the first two games I'll be waiting for a deep discount on this before I even consider it. The size of the gameworld - and the world itself - look impressive. The fact that it was developed as a console game first has me a lot less impressed. Look forward to people's impressions around here. Especially if anyone who didn't like the first two either and are going to take the plunge.

News Comments > Frontier Announces Coaster Park Tycoon & Layoffs
5. Re: Frontier Announces Coaster Park Tycoon & Layoffs Jan 26, 2015, 18:53 Cutter

So an ODRM Theme Park no doubt. No thanks. And really? They're alredy cutting staff when they should be increasing. That is they would be if ED was seeing sales, which it's not given it's price and ODRM model. Way to drop the ball, Braben.

News Comments > DOOM Mythbusters
22. Re: DOOM Mythbusters Jan 26, 2015, 17:05 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 16:46:
Cutter wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 13:31:
This show was interesting for a season or two but it jumped the shark long ago. This is just silly now. Then again, Discovery is turning into a steaming pile of crap like A&E did.

Discovery turned into a pile of crap a decade ago.

Discovery Canada is different - or at leas it was up until a year or two ago.

News Comments > DOOM Mythbusters
21. Re: DOOM Mythbusters Jan 26, 2015, 17:05 Cutter

djinn wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 15:59:
Cutter wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 13:31:
Then again, Discovery is turning into a steaming pile of crap like A&E did.

Like National Geographic. MTV clones of the former MTV channel that ended up not playing music.

On the other hand I assume this is pre-marketing for some forthcoming info on the next Doom.

That's an excellent guess actually. You're absolutely correct. I would not be the least bit surprised to see this scheisse as nothing more than glorified paid advertisements that will be tied in with the games and what not.

20040 Comments. 1002 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo