Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 18565 (Ninja)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Raven's Cry Pre-Purchases
1. Re: Meridian: New World This Month Sep 9, 2014, 10:24 Cutter

But his life, his love and his lady was the sea....

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
31. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2014, 10:23 Cutter

People seem to forget that these are also men who make a living by being aggressive and violent. If he had punched out a guy in the elevator everyone would be saying how cool and tough he is. Violence begets violence, male of female. You start hitting, you should be prepared to be hit back, male or female. Spare us your hypocrisy otherwise.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed Sep 8, 2014, 23:08 Cutter

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?

"What's the frequency, Kenneth?" is your Benzedrine, uh-huh
I was brain-dead, locked out, numb, not up to speed
I thought I'd pegged you an idiot's dream
Tunnel vision from the outsider's screen
I never understood the frequency, uh-huh
You wore our expectations like an armored suit, uh-huh

I'd studied your cartoons, radio, music, TV, movies, magazines
Richard said, "Withdrawal in disgust is not the same as apathy"
A smile like the cartoon, tooth for a tooth
You said that irony was the shackles of youth
You wore a shirt of violent green, uh-huh

"What's the frequency, Kenneth?" is your Benzedrine, uh-huh
Butterfly decal, rear-view mirror, dogging the scene
You smile like the cartoon, tooth for a tooth
You said that irony was the shackles of youth

You wore our expectations like an armored suit, uh-huh
I couldn't understand
You said that irony was the shackles of youth, uh-huh
I couldn't understand
I couldn't understand
I never understood, don't fuck with me, uh-huh

News Comments > Skyforge Paladin Class Video
1. Re: Skyforge Paladin Class Video Sep 8, 2014, 23:02 Cutter

Wow! That looks...what's the word I'm looking for here? Awful! That's it! It looks awful!

15. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 8, 2014, 17:38 Cutter

Yeah, well his gold digging wife obviously doesn't seem to mind a shot to the chops. Now that's he unemployed I'm sure she'll be leaving in short order. And let's not forget, that broad was shoving and hitting him. No, it doesn't mean it's right for him to knock her out, just that no one should be hitting anyone to begin with. She's screaming at him and hitting him outside the elevator, then carries on in a confined space...not very good idea at the best of times, nevermind that your fiance is likely a 'roid monkey to boot. Sooner or later something's going to give.

However, I do agree that fuck Goodell and the rest of those rich pricks who obviously care more about a buck than human beings. They really, really, really, need to revoke that 501c status on those scumbags.

News Comments > GOG.com Turns Six
15. Re: GOG.com Turns Six Sep 8, 2014, 17:31 Cutter

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 8, 2014, 14:08:
nin wrote on Sep 8, 2014, 13:43:
qsto wrote on Sep 8, 2014, 13:35:
Luke wrote on Sep 8, 2014, 10:46:
Great site with no spyware...like that steam shit
This shit is really getting old...

Hopefully he'll be gone by xmas...

Yep he'll be busy checking out the Steam Holiday sale

ZING!

News Comments > Arkham Knight 2 in June
8. Re: Arkham Knight 2 in June Sep 8, 2014, 17:30 Cutter

That's a big delay. It's probably in pretty bad shape and WBIE doesn't want a repeat of last time. Either way, this will not be a day one for me.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 8, 2014, 11:10 Cutter

Yeah, 7 and 8 so far ugh. Picked the Packers though I don't know how. Subconcious I guess.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 8, 2014, 10:47 Cutter

No it's not. And that's advertising. Now news.

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Sep 8, 2014, 10:46 Cutter

Who gives a shit? Really? Rolleyes

News Comments > GOG.com Turns Six
2. Re: GOG.com Turns Six Sep 8, 2014, 10:44 Cutter

Yep, grats to them. Any competition for Steam is a good thing.

News Comments > Revised Ryse: Son of Rome System Specs
14. Re: Revised Ryse: Son of Rome System Specs Sep 7, 2014, 20:52 Cutter

Jedi Master wrote on Sep 7, 2014, 11:44:
Cutter wrote on Sep 7, 2014, 08:45:
4K gaming? Right. And how long did it take for 64 bit gaming to become a reality? I remember using XP 64 bit because I was stoked for the coming onslaught of 64 bit games! 15 years later....finally a trickle begins.

Wow, it sure is exciting living here in 2020. I'm playing that old game Ryse at 4k at 120fps easily on my current system.

Unless somehow you had XP 64-bit 6 years before it was released in 2005, that is. That's when FEAR and Quake 4 came out.
So it's not even been 10 years, and XP 64 was never commercially released, MS waited for Vista's release just 7.5 years ago to start the 64-bit push or half the interim you've been waiting.

Oh gee, so it was 10 years ago instead of 15. What the fuck ever guy. Yeah, that makes it so much better. So we've only waited for a decade for 64 bit games and they're only now just starting to hit in small quantities. Obviously you missed the point.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
17. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 7, 2014, 20:43 Cutter

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Sep 7, 2014, 20:18:
Cutter wrote on Sep 7, 2014, 17:08:
Most sports aren't even sports. They're glorified hobbies. Baseball, golf, et al. are all hobbies IMO.

Eh, baseball requires some pretty phenomenal athletic ability, both in terms of sheer physical prowess and in terms of mechanical skill. No, it does not involve a lot of running back and forth, but I find it really hard to watch a short stop make a successful diving catch, spin onto a knee, and then make an accurate, fast throw in a split second to make the double play, and then, having watched such a feat, turn around and liken the game in which it occurred to darts, pool, or golf.

Baseball is a hobby. Football, hockey, soccer, etc. are all sports.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 7, 2014, 17:16 Cutter

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 7, 2014, 16:46:
*ugh* Not going to be a good first week for me in the picks.

Yeah, it's looking like the logical picks are not doing what they're supposed to be doing. Oh welp, any given Sunday, right?

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
9. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 7, 2014, 17:08 Cutter

Most sports aren't even sports. They're glorified hobbies. Baseball, golf, et al. are all hobbies IMO.

News Comments > WBIE TMs WB Play
7. Re: WBIE TMs WB Play Sep 7, 2014, 17:06 Cutter

Maybe they're trying to cut Steam out too. And the more I think about it, the more I like the idea these days. Steam has definitely got too big for its britches. It needs to be taken down several pegs. Shake things up and get their shit together.

News Comments > PopCap Founder Pops Out
35. Re: PopCap Founder Pops Out Sep 7, 2014, 10:47 Cutter

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Sep 7, 2014, 10:36:
shihonage wrote on Sep 7, 2014, 06:35:
Cutter wrote on Sep 6, 2014, 18:57:
How the fuck ISIS is our problem? These guys just want what they've wanted all along, westerners out of their countries.

Go far back enough in history, way before there were "westerners in their countries", they were doing the same shit.
Go back that far and westerners were doing the same shit too. Europeans had torture and execution, often for religious reasons, elevated to an art form.

Yeah, and we're still killing them en masse. Between the US' unmitigated support for Israel, the despots they've installed around the Middle-East - never mind the rest of the world - and wars they've personally been involved in and that adds up to several hundred thousand to a few million dead Arabs, give or take. So that sort of reactionary bullshit is a direct response because of US actions in the region. You guys are the ones fucking fomenting it! And the power brokers know it. And they love it. How else do you justify your insane military budgets? 'Oh they're a threat to us!' Yeah, created by you. And even if the west were to leave and they still continued their in-fighting, who gives a shit? Again, not our problem. If they can't fix their own country then fuck them. That's evolution in action, baby!

14. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 7, 2014, 09:02 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Sep 7, 2014, 03:28:
Cutter wrote on Sep 6, 2014, 19:01:
Diaper grown mushrooms? Oh hell no! Oh man, I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

I got news for you. All vegetables and grains are grown in some kind of shit. When animals are slaughtered they get covered in shit that spews from their guts. Most food has traces of crap on it. That's why we keep getting cases of e coli poisoning from improperly washed fresh veggies and improperly cooked meet. So unless you're slaughtering your own animals and growing your own veggies, buyer beware.

Yes, but there's a reason we use fertilizer from ruminants - and not omnivores or carnivores. The latter's fecal matter contains a lot of bacteria and bad pathogens, where ruminant crap does not. So there's a major difference. And a lot of cultivated mushrooms are either log or bale grown - beyond anything wildly harvested. I know because I actually gave serious consideration to starting a mushroom farm once and did a lot of research on it - mushrooms being one of my favourite foods in the world.

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Sep 7, 2014, 08:54 Cutter

Then something like “The Stomping Land” happens and brings us all back to the harsh reality. These developers are under no obligation to provide a game. They have no liability. “Backers” aren’t some protected group that has some insurance against failure and have little to no legal rights to go after the developers, because either there is no contractual obligation to provide a game as written in the terms of the payment and/or it would cost more than you could get back through legal action.

That's where he's wrong. Actually consumers have pretty strong protections in this respect - in most first world countries at any rate. The developers do have a contractual obligation to provide the product promised. Even a verbal agreement under law is still a valid contract. Consumer law generally dictates that consumers have a reasonable expectation under the law that the terms of the agreement will be fulfilled. You may have to take them to small claims and actually getting your money is another story entirely but you'd certainly win in small claims, your initial amount and punitive damages.

The biggest question is how much responsibility does Valve shoulder as the vendor - or whoever it is. If they're taking a cut, they're partly responsible too. And this is the major issue. Valve needs to start addressing these issues. Between the shovelware of Greenlight and EA/crowdfunded projects they're really dropping the ball. They've been resting on their laurels for far too long. I'd dearly love to see someone usurp their position or force them into starting to act like a company their size should.

News Comments > Revised Ryse: Son of Rome System Specs
8. Re: Revised Ryse: Son of Rome System Specs Sep 7, 2014, 08:45 Cutter

4K gaming? Right. And how long did it take for 64 bit gaming to become a reality? I remember using XP 64 bit because I was stoked for the coming onslaught of 64 bit games! 15 years later....finally a trickle begins.

18565 Comments. 929 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo