Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 17745 (Ninja)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Op Ed Jun 18, 2014, 11:49 Cutter

Armchair feminist blames men for all the woes of women in the world. What a surprise. I used to date a girl for about 2 years who was a stripper. And through her I dated quite a few of them during that period. The vast majority - that I knew at any rate - weren't fucked up, exploited, sex objects. They were pretty smart, savy, businesswomen.

My ex realized she could make $500 a week as a waitress - 20 years ago - or upwards of $5,000 a week taking off her clothes. In 3 months she made enough to cover her entire university tuition and living expenses for the next 4 years. Another 3 months netted her a really nice trip around the world. Several I knew used the bank they made to start their own small businesses. Many of them made professional contacts which gave them other advantages. Meanwhile guys are in there paying 2 - 3 times more for a drink than a regular bar, and $10 for 3 minutes of a girl's time for a dance. So who's really exploited here? How many men have been taken to the cleaners by gold diggers?

And maybe, just maybe the reason we objectify women is the EXACT same reason they do the EXACT same thing themselves, and that's because it's hardwired to the fucking genes! It's why sex preoccupies the majority of thinking for BOTH genders ALL DAY LONG. I was raised by women. Smart, educated, self-empowered women. So when I'm checking a chick out, it's not because I was raised by some misogynistic assholes, it's simply the natural thing my genetic sequencing programmed me to do. I like looking at hot chicks. And I like having sex with them even more. If that makes me a monster than fuck it, I'll happily be that.

Holy blue flaming Jesus on a pogo stick! This PC bullshit has to cease because all it's doing is creating a reactionary backlash. It's one thing to politely nudge people along to a better world. It's another thing to get all hardcore militant, insult people and pick fights with them simply because they don't share your point of view.
You catch more flies with honey, as the old adage goes.

This comment was edited on Jun 18, 2014, 14:09.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed Jun 18, 2014, 11:23 Cutter

Do you yourself a favor and put Beamer on ignore. He's nothing but a troll. Haven't you noticed by now that all he does is play the contrarian to get a rise out of people? See how he shifts the conversation to draw other people in? Classic troll.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline PC Beta Instant Access
14. Re: Battlefield Hardline PC Beta Instant Access Jun 18, 2014, 11:18 Cutter

Stop giving them money, you assholes!

News Comments > Deus Ex Universe Online Hint?
5. Re: Deus Ex Universe Online Hint? Jun 18, 2014, 11:16 Cutter

Multiplayer? Why? To what end? DXHR already dumbed down the game enough with its linear paths and approaches to the game. While DXHR wasn't bad, it really didn't imppress me either. And after the debacle that was Thief I won't be touching this for a long time, if ever.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
4. Re: Evening Interviews Jun 17, 2014, 23:32 Cutter

Yeah, so Elite and the Raspberry Pi? I'm guessing there must be a LOT more because otherwise it's pretty damn easy to get an OBE these days.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Love and War Update Plans; New Trailer
11. Re: Team Fortress 2 Love and War Update Plans; New Trailer Jun 17, 2014, 23:30 Cutter

That was good they shoulda released it at Halloween - or do another one for then. As far as the game goes, I'm not into Hat simulators.

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Jun 17, 2014, 22:14 Cutter

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 21:46:
Lets see.... 46,000,000 / 268 people… is about 170k per person. So 2 maybe 3 years of salary to make the game....give or take a bit.

Not even close to that when you consider all the overhead. 3 offices and all the equipment plus monthly costs? I'd be surprised if most of them were making 50k. Still it just seems like way too many people for a space game.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jun 17, 2014, 20:51 Cutter

That's just effin' hilarious!

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
25. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 17, 2014, 20:41 Cutter

NegaDeath wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 17:17:
Cutter wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 16:28:
The reality is if there's a demand and people feel it's too costly they're going to cheat, lie, and steal. And the fact these corporations make money hand over fist in corporate welfare schemes means I really don't feel the least bit guilty about it. When they start paying their fair share to society then come talk to me. If they have zero problem about doing anything for buck why should I be a sucker that does?

Are you referencing a specific claim of HBO being some kind of corporate welfare queen or tax dodger or are you applying the sins of others to all of them?

That's the entire cable industry in a nutshell amongst others. The elites/big biz have zero problem F'ing you in the A. Turn about is fair play.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
26. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 17, 2014, 20:38 Cutter

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 17:07:
Cutter wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 16:17:
Uh huh, sure it's here to stay, just like 3D. Rolleyes Good thing you're not an investment counselor.

At least I keep the mind of it could go either way, you just simply want something to be a certain way and hope it is.

No, that's the way it's going to be because as a salesman I understand people and their motivations. This isn't rocket surgery. When this fails, and that's when, not if, I'll be sure to give you a 'I told you so.'

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Jun 17, 2014, 20:36 Cutter

And yet No Man's Sky is a 5 man team working on a shoestring budget.

I can't imagine why SC would need that many people.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 17, 2014, 20:33 Cutter

Lol Youtube is going to end up scrapping this or getting F'd in the A. Google, do no evil? Lol!

And the NFL organization really makes me sick to my stomach. The absolute greed of those assholes.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Jun 17, 2014, 20:25 Cutter

They're recycling the same games repeatedly so it'll come by again at several points. And Amazon sale usually starts around beginning of July, so 2 more weeks? Hope Steam actually has some good sales this year. Haven't been that impressed with the last 2 or 3 sales.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Jun 17, 2014, 20:16 Cutter

They handing OBEs in cereal boxes these days?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 17, 2014, 18:13 Cutter

Holy carp man! Massive freakin' thunderstorm goin on atm. Crash boom bang! Rain comin' down in sheets. Sittin on my back deck takin' it all in. Little frog just hopped by through the puddles. Can't even recall the last time I've seen a frog outdoors.

17. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 17, 2014, 16:28 Cutter

Oh come on, man. So you don't cheat on your taxes at all? Anytime you ever bought or sold a used car you made sure the government got every penny due them? You refused doing any cash deals with contractors to make sure you pay all the taxes you can? Anywhere you've ever paid cash you insist on receipts so you can pay the tax you owe on it?

The reality is if there's a demand and people feel it's too costly they're going to cheat, lie, and steal. And the fact these corporations make money hand over fist in corporate welfare schemes means I really don't feel the least bit guilty about it. When they start paying their fair share to society then come talk to me. If they have zero problem about doing anything for buck why should I be a sucker that does?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
17. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 17, 2014, 16:17 Cutter

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 12:48:
Cutter wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 12:13:
Because people are easily amused and love the experience of any new toy. And what happens to most of them? They end up collecting dust in short order. Christ, if you can make a fortune selling pet rocks and bottled water you know people will buy anything. MS is actually being smart for once. They tried to force Kinect on people and look how that worked out. VR will be no different.

I picture you as a cyclops why you immediately don't like tech without even experiencing it. Always comparing it to flat screen 3d TV/Movies. Some same traits, but several that are different.

There are a lot of people that have a lot of exp. with tech and games who see this and can see it isn't a toy or gimmick or at least they believe it isn't one.

FWIW I was out front in the 3d video cards many didn't see it, that one worked out. On the missed side for me, I was hoping that physics cards could have moved us further ahead as well, it didn't happen. That said, I'm not always on the "ooh it's new so it's cool", I have never owned a 3D TV/player, went to about three 3D movies. I just feel there is plenty of difference between TV and games.

I'm going to support something that can moves us forward. We've been doing the same thing for going on 15 years now. I think it is the reason why a lot of us look cynical. Same ole over and over.

Uh huh, sure it's here to stay, just like 3D. Rolleyes Good thing you're not an investment counselor.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 17, 2014, 12:34 Cutter

InBlack wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 09:39:
nin wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 09:12:
Thanks for the many awesome logos, Walter! Good luck on the sale!

I imagine there would be a lot of potential customers in India.

Ba doom bing! Thank you, he'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip your waitress!

5. Re: Game of Thrones series 4 finale sets new online piracy record Jun 17, 2014, 12:32 Cutter

Pigeon wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 11:55:
Which basically says you've got content people want but they can't get legally without a lot of hassle and/or without paying significantly more than they are willing. I'm not condoning piracy, but when you see this much of it there's a problem on the supply side.

Well if they don't provide a fair and easy way to do it that's what's going to happen.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 17, 2014, 12:25 Cutter

Why do people watch these people on Youtube? Never mind. Why do people watch day time talk shows and soap operas and reality TV?

17745 Comments. 888 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo