Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 19646 (Ninja)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2014, 22:53 Cutter

Scheissefield 3 could ostensibly be free and I still wouldn't care.

And yes, TWAU is worth it at that price. You'll enjoy it particularly if you're familiar with the Fables comics.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2014, 17:37 Cutter

Hey, just found something neato keen in Mordor. If an Orc Captain kills someone on your friends list who's playing the game you get a mission to avenge them and an achievement for it. So far I've avenged Bats and Prez. Gotta say I like it a lot so far.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

14. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2014, 15:24 Cutter

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 23, 2014, 14:46:
Happy xmas... ehm, but what the heavens is a festivus pole???

That's what she said!

*BOOM*!

News Comments > CONSORTIUM: The Tower Prophecy Announced
7. Re: CONSORTIUM: The Tower Prophecy Announced Dec 23, 2014, 15:19 Cutter

The neg reviews on Steam don't bode well for the original though. The complaints amount to it's a 3 hour game with no replayability. So unless it's on for $2.50 you should probably pass.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Mannpower Mode Beta
7. Re: Team Fortress 2 Mannpower Mode Beta Dec 23, 2014, 15:16 Cutter

Thunderwalker CTF + hook = greatest times in an FPS ever. Honestly, just those two things made Quake insanely fun to play. You don't need all kinds of weapons unlocks and stupid shit like in Call of Doody to have a kickass time in an FPS.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2014, 10:34 Cutter

InBlack wrote on Dec 23, 2014, 10:00:
nin wrote on Dec 23, 2014, 09:52:

The Dominant Life Form in the Cosmos Is Probably Superintelligent Robots.

Oh yeah, this'll end well for us!

Makes sense though. Intelligent biological life will eventually try to overcome natural selection (as well as ultimately death itself) and in the process create new technological life which is ultimately much more suited to the hazard of living in our Cosmos. I hope to live to see the day we create a fully functional AI.

Machines have plenty of limitations too. Just because we may not be the ideally suited biological...yet...doesn't mean they can't be well suited to life in the Cosmos. Hell, the Alien is all about that. Still, it would be pretty sweet if you could upload yourself into your own Data android.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2014, 10:31 Cutter

Title of that article should be every TNG mission. I don't know why he seems surprised. The Enterprise is the flag ship of the fleet and it's only staffed with the best and brightest. And obviously they should be concerned about even the smallest anomaly in regions of unknown space. That's part of their mandate. And it actually shows a lot of intelligence on the writers part as real world astrophysicists have long conjectured that our physical laws are not universal constants and probably break down in places throughout the universe. Exploration like that is incredibly dangerous - regardless of their tech - and needs to be taken seriously at all times.

And as for the robots....

And if and when we do encounter intelligent life forms, we’ll want to communicate with them

Yeah, I'm not so sure about that. If they're anything like us we're doomed if we ever meet them. Reminds me of that James Spader flick, Supernova where the alien artifact turns out to be a bomb. The idea being that as an advanced lifeform you keep yourself safe by taking out any up and comers before they get too powerful.

It's funny about the robots though. That along with the little Voyager easter egg in ED made me think of Vger. Would have been funnier if Braben had done that.

News Comments > On Sale
13. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2014, 09:46 Cutter

Thief is that fucking bad. I got - what I assume - is about halfway through before quitting and uninstalling. I seriously doubt I'll ever finish it. It's not the worst game ever but it's a strong contender.

News Comments > The Repopulation Early Access
6. Re: The Repopulation Early Access Dec 23, 2014, 09:44 Cutter

Had this been an SP or CO-OP CRPG I'd likely be all over it.

News Comments > GSC Game World Website
8. Re: GSC Game World Website Dec 23, 2014, 01:15 Cutter

If and when we see a new - real - Stalker, super. If not I'm not holding my breath.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 22, 2014, 21:56 Cutter

Qualifications required are a hatred of democracy, freedom, privacy, and the Constitution.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Dec 22, 2014, 21:47 Cutter

How about getting decent electric cars at a reasonable price and charging stations everywhere. Especially if these guys are for real with their fast charging batteries. Charge a car in a few minutes? Damn!

8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2014, 13:06 Cutter

Meh, going to be raining here the rest of this week instead of snow because it's unseasonably warm. That sucks as everyone likes a white Xmas. When we want it to warm up is immediately after Xmas.

Took a quick boo at Mordor last night and I like it so far. It's like the Batman games but a lot more stabby.

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Dec 22, 2014, 13:01 Cutter

Pigeon wrote on Dec 22, 2014, 11:25:
The math used to predict its future location all checks out apparently, according to smart people on Reddit.

I think that will be my new favorite thing to say.

That's Pigeon's new favorite thing to say...according to the smart people on Reddit. Winkrazz

Gotta doff my hate to Brabes and co. on that one though.
Toff

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
11. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 22, 2014, 12:57 Cutter

Paranoid Jack wrote on Dec 22, 2014, 12:08:
Only one party... the ruling party.

Wooo! We gonna' partay!

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Version 1.0 Released
19. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Version 1.0 Released Dec 21, 2014, 21:53 Cutter

{PH}88fingers wrote on Dec 21, 2014, 21:08:
Yeah I'm with you on that it remains to be seen.
I just choose to withhold throwing insults ala Cutter until we have actual proof of the developer pulling a fast one on their customers, which up to this point Roberts has not done.
I have been following the development with much pleasure. The ride so far has been more fun than lots of games I paid good money for.

Insults? These are educated guesses based on a very pragmatic hindsight of the gaming industry and Chris Roberts. It's not rocket surgery seeing what's going to go down here. People are being intentionally obtuse and blindly optimistic, hoping against hope that this...somehow this game will pan out and be everything good and right in the world. It is just one more object lesson they are going to learn with bitter tears. I'm not he bad guy here, I'm just calling how it's going to go down. And you know it too whether you want to admit it or not.

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Dec 21, 2014, 20:39 Cutter

Dammit Bats, you and your peer pressure. Ok, I caved? Happy? So it was $26 in total for the premium edition with exchange and Paypal fee. Bastard!

Edit: Ugh 37 gig DL? Cereal. Ugh, 4 hours to go.

This comment was edited on Dec 21, 2014, 21:55.

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Dec 21, 2014, 20:19 Cutter

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 21, 2014, 19:51:
Cutter wrote on Dec 21, 2014, 17:02:
Still no good sales yet. And is Amazon not doing a sale this year? Enh, just keeping an eye on G2A for Mordor atm. Saw it at $15 a few days ago and shoulda snagged it then as it's hovering around $19 +/- atm. It was already on Amazon for $20 so I'll wait a few more days and see what happens.

I got the premium edition at g2a for 24.00. Auto buy.

IT IS 20 RIGHT NOW!

Yeah, 20 US, that's like 95 CDN thanks to that asshole Harper.

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Version 1.0 Released
13. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Version 1.0 Released Dec 21, 2014, 20:16 Cutter

Flak wrote on Dec 21, 2014, 18:09:
BN used to be the go-to place for all things PC Gaming, it's now the go-to place to read nonsensical musings of SC haters.

Cutter wrote on Dec 21, 2014, 16:57:
What's really funny are the fanboys thanking him for this P2W bullshit. Lulz it's just so pathetic.

If by Pay 2 Win you mean I can board their ship and steal their '$1,000+' purchase, then yes, I guess they're doing a great job 'winning' while I fly off as a 'loser' with their ship.

Lulz.

In your dreams. You won't be able to so much as scratch those ships...unless you buy one too. Then there will be the monthly charges, the premium currency and items you'll need to buy to compete even a little. Yep, if you want to do anything beyond your 1 hour SQ42 tutorial/campaign it's going to cost you an arm and a leg. Have fun with that, lulz!

2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 21, 2014, 17:17 Cutter

What did they pay Paul Stanley to do that? And why was it never aired?

19646 Comments. 983 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo