Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 23094 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 8, 2015, 12:50 Cutter

Yeah, those guys on top are those sports nuts who live and breathe the game. Injuries, whose sidelined, the weather, everything. They're probably all heavy duty sports gamblers too. Whereas most of us are just making basic educated guesses. Still some things almost everyone is bound to get wrong. Take the Pats losing to the Eagles last week. No one picked the Eagles believing seriously they would win. Upsets are just that for a reason.

“There is no such thing as a weird human being. It’s just that some people require more understanding than others.” - Tom Robbins
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Next Year?
10. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Next Year? Dec 8, 2015, 12:21 Cutter

That would be nice but I'm not going to hold my breath.

“There is no such thing as a weird human being. It’s just that some people require more understanding than others.” - Tom Robbins

News Comments > System Shock 3 Teased
14. Re: System Shock 3 Teased Dec 8, 2015, 12:19 Cutter

Drayth wrote on Dec 8, 2015, 10:28:
woah

You know kung-fu?

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Dec 7, 2015, 22:25 Cutter

yonder wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 18:27:
So "you didn't know" and "will shock you" and "wait until you see" are all considered perfectly acceptable by everyone now? So sad...

Check out this 'one weird little trick' to get you to click clickbait artlices. Here's why.

I didn't know about the oil plume however. Wth doesn't Hawaii vacuum it up and use it?

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 7, 2015, 22:21 Cutter

Nice clickbait article seeing as those AMD cards in question aren't at issue.

And 6 years for that motherfucker is a joke.

News Comments > Action Henk Free Week
1. Re: Action Henk Free Week Dec 7, 2015, 19:23 Cutter

Cute game. Love the developer name. Humbolt squids are crazy.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Patch Breaks Mod Support
29. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Breaks Mod Support Dec 7, 2015, 18:12 Cutter

Slashman wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 17:39:
Yeah they are some clueless devs out there, but no way are we talking mod users making up the kind of numbers that would make or break a game.

Most folks don't want to futz around with modding.

I use a modest 33 mods in Skyrim. From a fresh install to getting all of them to play nice together is a day's work. Especially so if you're using mods that affect similar assets. You're overestimating the average gamer if you think most people who buy a title go through this trouble. Hell sometimes I don't want to.

And console users are NOT swayed by mods they can't use. The only way that would make a difference is if they either own a gaming PC or they were inclined to go out and get one because someone did a nifty Skyrim retexture.

Sure mods make me come back to the game, but I also have at least 2 or 3 friends who play/played pure vanilla Skyrim and had zero interest in modding it. And they aren't 'casual' gamers.

Ooohm yeah. I'm gonna' have to sorta disagree with you there, Bob.

The only reason Bethsoft's games have the longevity they do is because of the PC and those self-same mods. I have 435 hours on Skyrim. Without mods it would have been 40'ish. Just go take a look at Nexus Mods mod numbers. Sky UI alone has been downloaded almost 11 million times. Look at the top 25 mods and each of them have been downloaded anywhere from 1 or 2 million plus to 25 million times! So yeah, it's very much about the mods.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
9. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 7, 2015, 18:05 Cutter

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 17:46:
Cutter wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 12:21:
Utterly useless, overpriced crap.

You mean watches in general, right?

Unless you're a submariner or an astronaut - or something close that seriously relies on a really good, really precise chronograph then it's just jewellery and nothing more. I have a dress watch I wear to formal occasions and a sports watch - because it looks cool. The former was $150'ish bucks as I recall? And the latter $50ish? Even if I had the money to waste it wouldn't be on luxury brand.

News Comments > Oriental Empires Announced
12. Re: Oriental Empires Announced Dec 7, 2015, 18:00 Cutter

Stormsinger wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 14:24:
JoeNapalm wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 12:27:
So now we're preemptively outraged that someone else may or may not be outraged about a word that may or may not be derogatory?

Must be a slow trolling day.

-Jn-

It appears so. Ever notice that the folks who get outraged over "political correctness" or "SJWs" are those who seem to be heavily invested in being insulting? And I don't believe I've ever seen anyone get overwrought about PC who wasn't a pretty hard rightwing type. Maybe it's reality's liberal bias kicking them in the face again that causes the anguish.

No, it's the stupidity of people who don't understand that you don't get to go through life without ever being offended. Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me? Remember that one? No, of course you don't. Well, life is tough, get a fucking helmet. Learn to suck it up. Fuck the whiny pricks who take every opportunity possible to turn this into some grey Orwellian world of thoughtcrime and doublespeak. Where we can't have Christmas, or Halloween, or even fucking Yoga now because some asshole somewhere is offended it's some kind of cultural appropriation.

George Carlin on "Soft" Language

They say they’re going to pre-board those passengers in need of special assistance …cripples! Simple honest direct language. There’s no shame attached to the word cripple I can find in any dictionary. In fact it’s a word used in Bible translations. “Jesus healed the cripples.” Doesn’t take seven words to describe that condition. But we don’t have cripples in this country anymore. We have the physically challenged. Is that a grotesque enough evasion for you? How about differently-abled? I’ve heard them called that. Differently-abled! You can’t even call these people handicapped anymore. They say: “We’re not handicapped, we’re handy capable!” These poor people have been bullshitted by the system into believing that if you change the name of the condition somehow you’ll change the condition. Well, hey cousin … doesn’t happen!

Yeah, and George Carlin was sucg a right-wing extemist wasn't he?
Rolleyes

It has nothing to do with political alignment and everything to do with common sense and people sick and tired over a handful of assholes getting their panties in a bunch over a handful of words. Words, once again, that had no stigma attached to them until the SJWs made it that way. So go fuck yourself.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 7, 2015, 12:37 Cutter

I've been waiting for this date to rewatch Tora Tora Tora which I'll do this evening. Maybe I'll give Midway a watch too.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 7, 2015, 12:32 Cutter

Seeing as you already get email, invoices, bills, spam, et al. online what the hell do you need the post office for beyond home deliveries to the elderly and infirm and some parcel delivery?

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 7, 2015, 12:21 Cutter

Utterly useless, overpriced crap.

News Comments > Oriental Empires Announced
4. Re: Oriental Empires Announced Dec 7, 2015, 12:05 Cutter

Yet another word that has absolutely no stigma attached to it - until the SJWs came along. Rolleyes

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 6, 2015, 16:59 Cutter

Yeah this weather is crazy. We're supposed to get back in the double digits again this week. We're a good 5-10 degrees above seasonal depending on the day. I don't forsee a white Xmas this year.

News Comments > Dying Light Enhanced Edition
1. Re: Dying Light Enhanced Edition Dec 6, 2015, 16:49 Cutter

Does anyone still play this? I've been waiting for it to hit the $10 or less category.  

News Comments > Eagle Flight Announced
1. Re: Eagle Flight Announced Dec 6, 2015, 16:46 Cutter

They actually expect people to pay for this...VR demo they're calling a game? So you just fly around an empty low res city? Wow, sounds like more fun than a human being should be allowed to have. Wry

I guess you're supposed to smoke a marijuana cigarette listen to Lenny Kravitz Fly Away as you play?

News Comments > Half-Life 3 Rumor Fuel
6. Re: Half-Life 3 Rumor Fuel Dec 6, 2015, 16:42 Cutter

jacobvandy wrote on Dec 6, 2015, 16:07:
Couldn't any random dev have slipped that in as a joke?

That's all it is. We always see these silly teases every couple of years. HL3 ain't gonna' happen.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 6, 2015, 14:32 Cutter

WarPig wrote on Dec 5, 2015, 22:39:
Hey Vern, I don't want to speak for Cutter here (EVER! ) but he might be referring to good ol' Jim Varney...

https://youtu.be/LXy_MlyLAFI

and if you're too young to remember him, SCREW YOU! And get off my lawn!

Oh it's absolutely that. Love Jim. Those ads he used to do were funny as hell.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
16. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 6, 2015, 14:27 Cutter

LittleMe wrote on Dec 5, 2015, 19:42:
No, long sentences would not act as a deterrent. Do long prison sentences stop the narcotic trade? No. Do speeding laws stop people from speeding? No. Do anti-piracy laws stop people from pirating? No. Kids who do this sort of thing don't understand the consequences and/or think they won't get caught no matter what they do.

We also have laws and rights in theory to protect us from unreasonable punishment. A civilized society has such rights to protect us all. 20 years in hardcore prison doesn't fit this sort of crime. Personal desire for revenge doesn't make society a better place. Prisons often make people worse, not better.

The real problem is the militarized police. They should not be breaking into homes as they are.

Yes, deterrents absolutely work and that's been proven time and again. Narcotics is about risk vs. reward in monetary terms. Speeding laws are a revenue generating mechanism and they're dangerous, but they do deter people. Seeing as you can lose your license or ability to drive because of being refused insurance due to being a repeat offender they absolutely work.

This punk basically attempted to murder people over 100 times. So yes, when other idiots consider doing this and say 'Hrm, do I really want to go to prison for 20 years just to get back at some guy online that I don't even know called me a fag during a game?' For 99.9% of them the answer will be no. For that 0.1% that do, they don't belong in society at any rate so problem solved by locking them away.

Your final point is the only correct one you've made.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
6. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 5, 2015, 19:05 Cutter

Quboid wrote on Dec 5, 2015, 16:49:
How often does anyone actually get killed in a swatting? For all the dangers that are involved, as a way to actually get someone killed it is pretty useless. A charge of manslaughter if someone does get killed might stick, or reckless endangerment if someone is hurt.

He deserves a long sentence but I don't think idiots will be deterred by the length of the sentence because they think they're too smart to get caught. Swatters being found guilty in court is biggest deterrent because that makes it harder for potential swatters to feel confident about their own safety.

Really you don't think almost a 20 year prison sentence won't act a deterrent for most of these idiotic punks? It's a very serious, very dangerous thing. Even when people aren't injured or killed there's serious psychological trauma. There's damage to the property that has costs. Stigma from the neighbors. On and on it goes.

Cops do 20,000 no-knock raids a year. Civilians often pay the price when they go wrong.

More and more municipalities are trying to end these para-military police units and reign this insanity in. Even leaving the danger aside the costs are prohibitive with police taking up the most tax dollars of any service provided in a municipality. It's usually on the order of 2 or 3 times higher than the next lowest thing which is generally infrastructure.

23094 Comments. 1155 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo