Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 19634 (Ninja)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
7. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 24, 2014, 23:53 Cutter

DAI is really good and as blockbuster as it gets but it's too much of an MMO IMO. I still prefer good ol' isometric CRPGs like DoS, Shadowrun, etc. As impressed as I was with DAI - and it was worth the day one purchase - I still like Dragonfall and DoS better - W2 was ok but just came up wanting.

Pillars of effing Eternity better be out soon.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Pardo: Olympics Should Include Esports [Updated]
37. Re: Blizzard: Olympics Should Include Esports Dec 24, 2014, 23:43 Cutter

Slick wrote on Dec 24, 2014, 18:08:
Cutter wrote on Dec 24, 2014, 15:27:
There are plenty of artistic "sports" in the Olympics that aren't really sports per se, however they all require a degree of athleticism which is beyond what most normal people can do. Anyone can sit on their ass all day long and play games.

i think that this is exactly the reason that esports are actually a superior global medium for competition. because there IS no physical barrier to entry. the olympics are about genetics. michael phelps is genetically superior in swimming, that's it. you might as well have events like: "the tallest".

the fact that a growth-stunted bangladeshi kid can compete on the same playing field as me in an esport is what makes it far superior competitively speaking.

And that's why Olympic sports should be reserved for those freaks of nature who won the genetic lottery for their sport. It's supposed to be special. Watching Usain Bolt easily crush a world record is pretty effing amazing to watch for those 9.58 seconds. Watching a gymnast do a near perfect routine is incredible, or bobsledders whoosing down a track trying to balance speed, time, and not dying. That stuff is mightily impressive. Hell, even badminton and ping pong take huge endurance and the reflexes of a ninja. Watching a fat kid play a video game? Um no.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

News Comments > Christmas Eve Metaverse
4. Re: Christmas Eve Metaverse Dec 24, 2014, 15:31 Cutter

It is a circus, a Wag the Dog circus. A false flag circus.

News Comments > Christmas Eve Consolidation
5. Re: Christmas Eve Consolidation Dec 24, 2014, 15:30 Cutter

No, he's trolling. It's all he does.

News Comments > Pardo: Olympics Should Include Esports [Updated]
27. Re: Blizzard: Olympics Should Include Esports Dec 24, 2014, 15:27 Cutter

There are plenty of artistic "sports" in the Olympics that aren't really sports per se, however they all require a degree of athleticism which is beyond what most normal people can do. Anyone can sit on their ass all day long and play games. Hell, there's a reason expressions like "armchair quarterback" exist. You might think you're as good or better than Aaron Rodgers, but you're not. This is ridiculous as best. Christ, half the crap in the Olympics shouldn't even be in the Olympics as it is. Hell, it's entirely overpriced and corrupt now anyway. Why the hell would any taxpayer in any city want to foot the bill for it?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 24, 2014, 15:02 Cutter

Happy ho-ho, peeps! Xmastree

A Quake 2 Christmas

'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the base,
The scanners showed no signs of the alien race.
The bullets were placed in my chaingun with care,
In case Strogg invaders soon would be there.
The other marines nestled all snug in their pods,
Dreaming of gibbage and dark vengeful gods.
And I in my Kevlar, and official Quake 2 cap,
Had just settled down for a long cryo nap.
When out in the night there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from my pod to see what was the matter.
I ran to the porthole, well shaded and sealed,
And cautiously turned off the magnetic shield.

The moon on the breast of the loosely packed mud,
Reminded me of Stroggos, and the puddles of blood.
When what in the sky should I get in my sights,
But a big hover sleigh and eight huge Parasites.
With a mountainous driver, whom I saw at a gander,
I knew that it must be a damned Tank Commander.
More rapid than lasers his coursers they came,
And he whipped them, and grunted, and called them by name.

"Now Slasher! Now Mincer! Now Pincer, and Mangler!
On Killer! On Ripper! On Gutter and Strangler!"
"To the top of the sandbags! To the top of the wall!"
"Move it, you maggots, or I'll slaughter you all!"

As starships that before a black hole should race,
When they meet with the deadliest hazard in space,
So down to the barracks the cyborgs they flew,
With a sleigh full of ammo and the Tank Commander too.
And then, in the courtyard, I gulped as I saw,
The gouging and scraping of each razor-sharp claw.
As I drew forth my blaster, and let out a call,
The giant Strogg bastard broke right through the wall.

He was dressed all in steel, both solid and mesh,
Held together by strips of grotesque human flesh.
A bundle of rockets he had flung on his back,
He could kill a small army with what he had in that sack.
His eyes -- how they gleamed!
"I must sound the alarms!"
This monster meant business,
He had cannons for arms!
His sly little mouth was drawn up in a grin,
And human blood dribbled all over his chin.
His guns issued smoke in a hypnotic pattern,
Encircling his head like the great rings of Saturn.
He had a broad face and a square, solid chest,
And a cybernetic heart pumping blood without rest.
He was muscular and frightening, a right evil old 'Borg,
With one thing on his mind -- sending me to the morgue.
A wink of his eye and a twist of his head,
Filled me with panic and horrible dread.
He spoke not a word but went right to the slaughter,
And my sleeping comrades became cannon fodder.
He killed all the soldiers with dual rockets blazing,
As I stood in horror my eyes blankly gazing.
The carnage complete, he strode back to the sleigh,
And I could do nothing but whimper and pray.
But I heard him say, as he flew out of sight,
"Merry Christmas, Hu-man. You got lucky tonight!"

- Emil Pagliarulo

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Dec 24, 2014, 03:03 Cutter

That candy cane video was rather edifying and neat to watch.

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
4. Re: Evening Screenshots Dec 24, 2014, 02:31 Cutter

Yeah, if it's Berlin good I'll buy it, but no more backing.

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2014, 22:53 Cutter

Scheissefield 3 could ostensibly be free and I still wouldn't care.

And yes, TWAU is worth it at that price. You'll enjoy it particularly if you're familiar with the Fables comics.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2014, 17:37 Cutter

Hey, just found something neato keen in Mordor. If an Orc Captain kills someone on your friends list who's playing the game you get a mission to avenge them and an achievement for it. So far I've avenged Bats and Prez. Gotta say I like it a lot so far.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2014, 15:24 Cutter

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 23, 2014, 14:46:
Happy xmas... ehm, but what the heavens is a festivus pole???

That's what she said!

*BOOM*!

News Comments > CONSORTIUM: The Tower Prophecy Announced
7. Re: CONSORTIUM: The Tower Prophecy Announced Dec 23, 2014, 15:19 Cutter

The neg reviews on Steam don't bode well for the original though. The complaints amount to it's a 3 hour game with no replayability. So unless it's on for $2.50 you should probably pass.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Mannpower Mode Beta
7. Re: Team Fortress 2 Mannpower Mode Beta Dec 23, 2014, 15:16 Cutter

Thunderwalker CTF + hook = greatest times in an FPS ever. Honestly, just those two things made Quake insanely fun to play. You don't need all kinds of weapons unlocks and stupid shit like in Call of Doody to have a kickass time in an FPS.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2014, 10:34 Cutter

InBlack wrote on Dec 23, 2014, 10:00:
nin wrote on Dec 23, 2014, 09:52:

The Dominant Life Form in the Cosmos Is Probably Superintelligent Robots.

Oh yeah, this'll end well for us!

Makes sense though. Intelligent biological life will eventually try to overcome natural selection (as well as ultimately death itself) and in the process create new technological life which is ultimately much more suited to the hazard of living in our Cosmos. I hope to live to see the day we create a fully functional AI.

Machines have plenty of limitations too. Just because we may not be the ideally suited biological...yet...doesn't mean they can't be well suited to life in the Cosmos. Hell, the Alien is all about that. Still, it would be pretty sweet if you could upload yourself into your own Data android.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2014, 10:31 Cutter

Title of that article should be every TNG mission. I don't know why he seems surprised. The Enterprise is the flag ship of the fleet and it's only staffed with the best and brightest. And obviously they should be concerned about even the smallest anomaly in regions of unknown space. That's part of their mandate. And it actually shows a lot of intelligence on the writers part as real world astrophysicists have long conjectured that our physical laws are not universal constants and probably break down in places throughout the universe. Exploration like that is incredibly dangerous - regardless of their tech - and needs to be taken seriously at all times.

And as for the robots....

And if and when we do encounter intelligent life forms, we’ll want to communicate with them

Yeah, I'm not so sure about that. If they're anything like us we're doomed if we ever meet them. Reminds me of that James Spader flick, Supernova where the alien artifact turns out to be a bomb. The idea being that as an advanced lifeform you keep yourself safe by taking out any up and comers before they get too powerful.

It's funny about the robots though. That along with the little Voyager easter egg in ED made me think of Vger. Would have been funnier if Braben had done that.

News Comments > On Sale
13. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2014, 09:46 Cutter

Thief is that fucking bad. I got - what I assume - is about halfway through before quitting and uninstalling. I seriously doubt I'll ever finish it. It's not the worst game ever but it's a strong contender.

News Comments > The Repopulation Early Access
6. Re: The Repopulation Early Access Dec 23, 2014, 09:44 Cutter

Had this been an SP or CO-OP CRPG I'd likely be all over it.

News Comments > GSC Game World Website
8. Re: GSC Game World Website Dec 23, 2014, 01:15 Cutter

If and when we see a new - real - Stalker, super. If not I'm not holding my breath.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 22, 2014, 21:56 Cutter

Qualifications required are a hatred of democracy, freedom, privacy, and the Constitution.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Dec 22, 2014, 21:47 Cutter

How about getting decent electric cars at a reasonable price and charging stations everywhere. Especially if these guys are for real with their fast charging batteries. Charge a car in a few minutes? Damn!

19634 Comments. 982 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo