Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 23074 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Elite Dangerous VR Specs
21. Re: Elite Dangerous VR Specs Dec 5, 2015, 18:55 Cutter

Prez wrote on Dec 5, 2015, 17:48:
I almost bought Elite during the sale but I held off because I haven't heard much about how it is when played exclusively solo, which is how I would play it.

It's Euro Trucker in space without the scenery and a lot more distance to cover. Check out the negative reviews on Steam. The top rated ones explain really well why it's just not fun. It's just all grind.

“There is no such thing as a weird human being. It’s just that some people require more understanding than others.” - Tom Robbins
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2015, 12:29 Cutter

American parents are much more afraid that their children will see penises than decapitations according to a new survey commissioned by the ratings board.

And there's your problem right there, Vern.

Case in point?

Florida man sentenced to 2½ years in prison for having sex on the beach

So now they're officially "sex offenders" to boot. Granted, no on should be schtupping in a public place but that's fucking insane!

“There is no such thing as a weird human being. It’s just that some people require more understanding than others.” - Tom Robbins

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 5, 2015, 12:15 Cutter

A Painesville, Ohio teen has been sentenced to five years in a juvenile correctional facility this week for calling in multiple fake emergencies to police in several states and Canada.

A) He should have been tried as an adult.
B) Why wouldn't they move him to prison as soon as he turns 18?

Edit: Ok, here's a much better article.

Lake County teen pleads guilty to making more than 100 bomb threats, 'swatting' calls across North America

On Wednesday, the boy was sentenced to five years in juvenile detention or confinement until his 21st birthday, and then an additional 13 years in adult prison.

That's better. However he should still be going to prison at 18 IMO. Now these are the kinds of sentences that will act as a deterrent.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
1. Re: Saturday Mobilization Dec 5, 2015, 12:12 Cutter

This is the dumbest article I've seen on Ars ever. You know why you buy a $10 phone? TO MAKE PHONE CALLS! Obviously anyone buying this as a "smart" phone with a billion needless apps and gadgets is in for a letdown aren't they? Then again they're not paying $600 are they? My cell is just over 4 years old at this point and I don't care. I'll keep it until it dies. You know why BECAUSE I USE MY PHONE FOR PHONE CALLS AND NOTHING ELSE. Jesus!  

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
1. Re: Saturday Interviews Dec 5, 2015, 12:05 Cutter

The four teams travel to regular summits at one or other of their offices.

Intangible progress? Code for severely mismanaged. That article is a perfect example of what a clusterfuck this thing is.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous VR Specs
3. Re: Elite Dangerous VR Specs Dec 5, 2015, 12:01 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Dec 5, 2015, 11:56:
Those are the minimum specs? Ouch.

Yeah, they're not gonna' get many takers with that...especially as the minimum. Christ, why even bother?

News Comments > Delete Steam Games
33. Re: Delete Steam Games Dec 5, 2015, 11:18 Cutter

Retired wrote on Dec 5, 2015, 10:54:
I don't throw away books, records, movies, games, etc. I sure as shit ain't deleting a game out of my library.

I regularly sell them or give them away however. And what I don't goes in the trash, I don't keep crap around I can't use. If you're never going to use it, get rid of it, is my motto.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Dec 4, 2015, 21:31 Cutter

Sword Coast Legends Community Pack Two is available. If they can keep delivering as promised they may end up redeeming this game.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 4, 2015, 21:26 Cutter

Ahh man, is it just me or does that second headline put a big ol' smile on your face too? Couldn't happen to a more deserving prick.

Deal

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 4, 2015, 21:25 Cutter

Yeah because so many people and restos use sous vide now, right? Fuck that, make food in pill form like the Jetsons already!

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 4, 2015, 21:23 Cutter

Rhialto wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 20:38:
Hate Québec laws preventing me from a chance to win 1 million.

Like every other contest. Thank K-bec and it's asinine language laws for that.

Anyway, I'm going to fucking win that million dollars! ME! YOU HEAR ME!

News Comments > Far Cry Primal Deluxe Edition
3. Re: Far Cry Primal Deluxe Edition Dec 4, 2015, 21:21 Cutter

Illumin wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 20:16:
This game looks great but then again so did Watchdogs.

Oooh that's low.

News Comments > Shadwen Announced
1. Re: Shadwen Announced Dec 4, 2015, 21:20 Cutter

Ohh, I was all stoked for a new, real Thief style game...then I watched the trailer. No. Just no.

News Comments > Delete Steam Games
7. Re: Delete Steam Games Dec 4, 2015, 21:17 Cutter

Exactly I have titles from bundles that I will never play so I'd rather just delete them. It also always takes them forever to clear betas out of you lieberry too. So yeah, it's long overdue.

28. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2015, 20:00 Cutter

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 19:51:
Cutter wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 16:55:
And that's why you always wait for weekend sales. I was going to order a new CPU from Newegg yesterday so I went to my local Canada Computers to see if they'd price match it, they said no. Checked today before ordering and boom goes the dynmamite, 40 clams off! So I grabbed a AMD FX-8350 Black Edition Vishera 8-Core 4.0 GHz (4.2 GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ for $200 bones. So now that just leaves me needing a new vid card and them I'm all up to date on the PC front once more.

Don't listen to the naysayers, that CPU is gonna last you 5 to 10 years. Even if it's old as fuck. As long as you invest in 16GB RAM and a decent 4GB gpu all is fine.

Yeah my thoughts exactly. Got the mobo, ram, SSD, case and stuff all last year so it was just the CPU and GPU to be done. Now just the vid card. So soon as I see a good deal on an R9 I'm in.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2015, 19:59 Cutter

PHJF wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 17:37:
Don't know that I'd call a three-year-old CPU up to date... and it's cheaper than that at Micro Center right now.

It came out end of 2012 so it's more like 2 years. And you can't beat it for the price point. I could have spent more for the 8370 it's $80 more and the 9590 is $120 more so I don't think they're worth it. And we don't have Micro Centers here. Or American dollars for that matter. So it's still $40 cheaper than the next lowest price around these parts. With an R9 card I'll be good for another few years.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2015, 16:55 Cutter

And that's why you always wait for weekend sales. I was going to order a new CPU from Newegg yesterday so I went to my local Canada Computers to see if they'd price match it, they said no. Checked today before ordering and boom goes the dynmamite, 40 clams off! So I grabbed a AMD FX-8350 Black Edition Vishera 8-Core 4.0 GHz (4.2 GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ for $200 bones. So now that just leaves me needing a new vid card and them I'm all up to date on the PC front once more.

News Comments > Bus Simulator 16 Next Month
6. Re: Bus Simulator 16 Next Month Dec 4, 2015, 16:50 Cutter

So there have been 15 prior iterations of this?!

News Comments > Star Citizen Trailer; Arena Commander Free Demo
31. Re: Star Citizen Trailer; Arena Commander Free Demo Dec 4, 2015, 16:49 Cutter

Maniac wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 13:35:
Cutter wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 11:27:

If you didn't care you wouldn't have replied. He's right. 5 years and 100 mil later and this is what they have to show for it? That's a bad joke.

This is one thing I noticed the haters using. "XX(X) mils of money an nothing to show" while you all know pretty well that it was not all donated right away + even if it would have been then no way would it have been possible to get a game of this calibre out in 3 years. Yes 3 and not 5, you know it as well as the rest of us, but I gotta give you that, a mediocre attempt at trolling.

We all know the development process as we have all followed it. Just getting tired or the cliche "X money and Y time and nothing to show".

But ofcourse I do consider you un-redeemable. There is probably nothing even a full release that will make you say anything else than say - "200mil and 7 years and this to show for? pathetic."

Ok, we will probably have to visit this again in 4 years.

You don't like someone pointing out what gullible imbeciles you fanboys out so that makes us trolls? Fucking LOL! You're pathetic!

Yes,it has been 5 years because they were in development for 2 years before their KS. And ok, while they haven't burned through all their cash the estimates are they've burned through about 60 million which is why they're DESPERATE for more suckers to back them. But yeah, you and the other fanboy clowns keep rationalizing away as hard as you can. You're all such fools. I so look forward to your bitter tears and angst to come. Meantime, keep rationalizing away, jackass.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2015, 11:39 Cutter

Ok the ski resort thing was funny as hell. Love the guy going downhill in the raft being chased by the snow shark and the guy with the dog on his head. Hahaha!

23074 Comments. 1154 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo