Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 18654 (Ninja)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Styx: Master of Shadows Trailer
2. Re: Styx: Master of Shadows Trailer Sep 18, 2014, 22:37 Cutter

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 22:09:
This game actually looks pretty good. This is a spinoff of that Orcs and Men game, right? I love this art style, and I can always appreciate a good stealth game.

As others have said, all of a sudden it seems like a ton of interesting games are coming out.

The first game was bad. Like really bad. Like I uninstalled it halfway through bad. And it was painful to even get that far bad. So caveat emptor. I do agree the style of it is nice, and what drew me in to begin with. That just goes to show you can't judge a book by its cover.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Train Simulator 2015 on Steam
1. Re: Train Simulator 2015 on Steam Sep 18, 2014, 22:33 Cutter

Cool trailer. Always wanted to be a train engineer as a lad. It'd be a pretty sweet job taking your train through the desert, mountains, etc. all the seasons. That'd suit me just fine. Makes me curious how Trainz is coming along.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

News Comments > Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut Released
5. Re: Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut Released Sep 18, 2014, 22:29 Cutter

Flatline wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 19:55:
If you kickstarted this game you got a ton of value for your money.

Yeah, they sure turned it around from the original campaign. I still don't care for the stylized graphics but overall this is the best thing I've backed so far. This is hella cool of them, unlike the douchey moves with other companies charging for directors cuts.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Sep 18, 2014, 19:23 Cutter

And this is just one of the many reasons I'm done with crowd-funding. Particularly from those who can afford to finance the projects themselves.

News Comments > Endless Legend Launches
1. Re: Endless Legend Launches Sep 18, 2014, 19:21 Cutter

Cool! I'll have to get around to playing this soon.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 18, 2014, 19:20 Cutter

Such bullshit that they can cop a plea and avoid the death penalty. In clear cut cases like this it should be like China. Just take them out back of the courthouse, put a bullet in them and bill their families for everything.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
16. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 18, 2014, 16:42 Cutter

Hyatus wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 15:09:
Cutter wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 10:45:
If we're white heterosexual males we're monsters oppressing everyone else and making their lives a living hell.

That's not the point. Just because you are not oppressing someone doesn't mean that it is not a problem in our white, heterosexual male community. We are at a point where, I believe, most of us will tell someone using the n-word or other racially-based insult to STFU. That is not (generally) true when someone uses insults based on sexual orientation.

To think that we have come to accept, as a majority, LGBT folks as natural and normal is quite false. We may not, individually, be the monsters, but we definitely turn a blind eye to the ones around us. Someday that will change for the better. Today is not that day.

If Cleetus and Skeeter from Buttfuck Alabama hate the 'queers and the naggers and the like' why in the fuck should I be lumped in with them? Why do I have to fight on behalf of others who consider me evil to begin with? If you're a masochist, knock yourself out. I'm not like them and it's fucking insulting to be lumped in with their ilk. Jesus, man have you no sense of pride or dignity at all? Are you just a doormat everyone can walk all over? Grow a backbone.

15. removed Sep 18, 2014, 16:37 Cutter

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 18, 2014, 18:16.

News Comments > HELL Announced
4. Re: HELL Announced Sep 18, 2014, 16:28 Cutter

Fletch wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 12:38:
Cutter wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 10:36:
How does a game call itself Hell when it doesn't take place in the entirety of Hell?
It's just the name of the game. Life is hell, traffic is hell, the weather is hell. My job is hell, but I don't actually work in Hell (afaik; it's possible I'm in some sort of Jacob's Ladder situation).

Anyhoo, love turn-based strategy. I hope this is good. I may just register and try to get in on the beta.

No. Using hell as a description of something unpleasant is one thing, using as a name for a title implies it should be focused on the actual place. If I make a game titled Valhalla, you'd probably figure it would relate to, you know, Valhalla itself.

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Trailer & Skill Trees
29. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Trailer & Skill Trees Sep 18, 2014, 16:26 Cutter

They want $60US for this? I'll have some of whatever Randy is smoking.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 18, 2014, 11:01 Cutter

In the Home Despot the other day they had an umbrella display from the US because it was in English and Spanish, instead of French. It read, Umbrellas/Paraguas. So myself and a girl that works there are looking at it and we both say, 'Para-goo-ahs?' And another girl who happens to speak Spanish laughs and says, 'No, it's pronounced pair-aw-gwahs.'

Went down to Sarnia on Tuesday to check it out. It was nice little day trip. Was going to head over to Port Huron and check it out and the US side but my bro's passport had expired, sigh. So we'll have to do it again later. Anyone ever been to Port Huron or Marine City?

Yeah, that Rooskie story was cool. It'd make a great film.

And for 2 days now I've had Green Day's Warning stuck in my head. So everyone go listen to it and get it stuck in your head as well.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 18, 2014, 10:48 Cutter

Jesus, look at the comment from the Mac sheeple. They want to be exploited by Apple and pay for it. Boggles the mind.

1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 18, 2014, 10:45 Cutter

Ok, really. All this PC shit going on of late really, really, really, really, really, really needs to stop.

“Gaming has become kind of xenophobic, and almost rightly so, because people want to protect their own and ‘keep it within the family,’” Conn said. “But I don’t think that should mean that we can’t grow either. It seems like there are a lot of people who resist even the idea that a lot of culture isn’t exactly the most friendly to women or gays or queer people in general. But there are small changes that I think won’t affect most people—that won’t harm the culture of gaming—but will make a lot of other people feel a lot better and more welcome and accepted.”

Yeah, we get it already. We've got it for decades now. If we're white heterosexual males we're monsters oppressing everyone else and making their lives a living hell. Well, I guess we may as well go out and join the Klan and Nazi parties in that case seeing as we're all so evil to begin with. Woops, the Satanists too. Musn't forget that we have to join the Church of Satan as well.

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Sep 18, 2014, 10:39 Cutter

Oh seriously. Just stop with this bullshit already. The molehill is now officially a mountain.

News Comments > HELL Announced
2. Re: HELL Announced Sep 18, 2014, 10:36 Cutter

How does a game call itself Hell when it doesn't take place in the entirety of Hell? Inferno may have been a shitty console game but at least it took place in Hell. The artwork and design for the various levels of Hell was fantastic. I'd much rather see something along that lines. You have to battle into hell to rescue someone or put a stop to something. Not just battles in some fantasy land with the final battle being one scene in hell.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $53M
12. Re: Star Citizen Passes $53M Sep 17, 2014, 23:58 Cutter

JohnBirshire wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 22:34:
Who gives a crap, do we really need an update everytime they raise another 50 cents? Destiny had a $500,000,000 budget, and was still crap, so who cares how much they are spending making the game. Not only that, people arent "supporting the development of the project", they are simply buying a game in advance. If you do the math, $53 million isnt even matching what a million retail sales would be. Games that have sold far more than under a million copies havent gotten 1/10th this games publicity or 1/50th as many news updates, so wtf already?!

I was a huge Wing Commander fan, played all the games, saw the movie, an even read all the books, but I am not even going to get this anymore, thats how sick I am of this circus already.

Enh. I kinda agree. However, 1) This is unprecedented for crowd-funding. 2) This is probably going to end up a ginormous shitshow anyway you slice it. So it's great entertainment value in that respect at least.

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Gameplay Video
9. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Gameplay Video Sep 17, 2014, 23:47 Cutter

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 22:08:
Looks extremely good, although that's what I said about Pillars of Eternity and Wasteland 2 before they released playable versions. Each of those games seems to be (so far) falling WAY short of what most people were hoping for

Yeah, guess we'll see about W2 on Friday, though I'm not holding out a lot of hope. Dunno about PoE, but I have more faith in Obsidian - whether it's a bug laden mess as usual is another story. But yeah, that's why I didn't back this. You have to give me a good reason to back anything else, like making sure the first game is out on time and good. So far DoS and Shadowrun have passed.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Survivor Mode DLC Plans
2. Re: Alien: Isolation Survivor Mode DLC Plans Sep 17, 2014, 23:26 Cutter

DangerDog wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 22:03:
Right, so wait for the all inclusive bundle version on Steam summer sale. Got it.

Not exactly an announcement that makes you want to pre-order the game guys.

That's it in a nutshell.

News Comments > etc., etc.
6. Re: etc., etc. Sep 17, 2014, 23:25 Cutter

Does anyone actually care? I suppose if I thought gaming journalism was actual journalism or for reals I might.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 17, 2014, 23:24 Cutter

They seemed to have missed the old adage, 'You don't get rich by giving it away.' Why pay for a FB ripoff when they can have FB for free? Not much point to social media that isn't actually social anyway.

18654 Comments. 933 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo