Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 19191 (Ninja)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Holiday Sale Begins
13. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Begins Dec 18, 2014, 14:33 Cutter

Don't buy anything without checking isthereanydeal.com or g2a.com first.  

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
10. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 18, 2014, 00:40 Cutter

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 18:14:
Cutter wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 13:33:
And what about the liability insurance in all of this?

You think a repricer has insurance? Would you insure someone that runs millions of prices through a script and adjusts them based on average prices on Amazon with ZERO human control? The only clause in their TOS basically says "We fuck up, you get at most a year worth of license fees back, and not a single cent more"

As someone who runs a business I'd never do business with them otherwise.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
13. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 18, 2014, 00:33 Cutter

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 18, 2014, 00:02:
This isn't about him being wrong now, it is about he still is a country and they can mess with a company pretty well I reckon and now Sony gets to deal with the security breach, because they made a movie about knocking him off. Was a bad call on Sony's end now.

Yeah I'm a dolt simply connecting the dots on how this got to the point it has. There were threats, people decided "Well it's just a movie, lets not see anything stupid here and call it off." and well you thought it was a 13 year old. So who's the idiot on this one?

What is wrong with you? Do you not understand the concept of reality? This is a man who is murdering 10's of 1000's of people for real. He's murdering people by the thousands! And this is somehow ok with you? That's freedom without limitation or responsibility. You somehow equate this with a fucking game that the asshole developers have only created as controversial for the sake of money? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?! As much as it it offends me that government agencies must do what they do, the reality is that you and your ilk make it necessary. We can't be "free" precisely because of people like you.

11. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 17, 2014, 23:47 Cutter

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 17, 2014,21:36:
You may not care, but you are not them. Sure it is a comedy but it does in fact name North Korea and their leader by name not likeness, correct? You see funny ha ha, you know how strict they are, they do have true censorship. So now it becomes country vs company. Something tells me they learned a lesson and we won't see it repeated in a long while. Not saying right or wrong, but using real names and not likeness brought the issue right to their front door.

Wow, how does any intelligent human being even respond to nonsense like that to start? Tell you what, quaff a ton of beer, smoke a few pounds of weed, and we may start getting close to how absurd that sort of irrationality is.

Even if what you said made the tiniest fraction of sense...who fucking cares? The man is a tyrant who allows his subjects to die of starvation. He's quite literally insane and a mass murderer to boot, and you find this to be a problem? But a game about the mass-murder of civilians for no other reason than shock value for money? This is somehow acceptable to you? This is you're argument? This is the sort of psychotic behavior that makes me want the government to monitor everything. I'm not afraid of regular people, I'm afraid of lunatics like you who don't understand the difference between freedom and responsibility.

10. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 17, 2014, 23:37 Cutter

Desalus wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 23:04:
Sorry, but your outlandishly stupid conspiracy theory was just quashed:

"Federal investigators have now connected the hacking of Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc. to North Korea, a U.S. official said Wednesday, though it remained unclear how the federal government would respond to a break-in that exposed sensitive documents and ultimately led to terrorist threats against moviegoers."

-SOURCE

Ok, first off there's nothing stupid or outlandish about it. The US government has a regular habit of lying to its citizens. This is documented in great detail, no less than by the government itself. Second, you're only proving our point anwyay. Feds have now concluded the perpetrators were from NK? And you know this to be true how? From a government that constantly lies to you, always has, and always will, and you're saying I'm stupid? Are you willfully ignorant or a product of inbreeding?

7. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 17, 2014, 20:38 Cutter

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 19:54:
Cutter wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 19:46:
Yeah they pulled it here too. What a load of bollocks. Credible evidence my ass. Some 13 year old haxxors are laughing their asses off right now. I don't know what's worse, the bullshit culture of pervasive fear and rampant paramoia that the elites are selling to strip us of our liberty or the schmucks that actually believe it.

You think a 13 year old is doing this? Releasing info like this to the press? To me this seems a lot more sophisticated/calculated vs what a 13 would have the patience and understanding to do.

This goes in line with Hatred to some degree. But there is a difference, this is a movie is made about killing a leader of a real country. Now you are against Hatred which has no link to real people other then it is pixel representing people in general. But no link to a specific. You are against that, still morally shallow.

But we have a movie that again is about a plot to kill a real world leader even if they are dicks, not everyone believes that and some are offended at now have put out threats. But you seem to be ok with it, because you are upset the Theaters are pulling it, chickens.

So it seems you want it both ways to some degree. Hmmm...

It's a comedy. Point in fact, it's a satire taking shots at the intelligence community - and gee isn't that a coincidence they're upset about it and now it's been pulled because of an email. And regardless of any of that, I'm not opposed to real life tyrants being desposed and/or killed. There's a reason for that. There's a need for that. That's fine. Just randomly going around murdering people because you're a failure in life and you're pissed off isn't. Do you honestly not understand the differences here or are you just trolling. There's no both ways about it.

6. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 17, 2014, 20:32 Cutter

Beamer wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 19:58:
Task wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 19:09:
The NSA or CIA with their knowledge of spying of everyone and everything, and they don't know who SRE or the sony hacker is. Lol, this is such Total BS. and how convenient that the accused happen to be 'enemies' of the U.S. Imperial Empire. Please save us gov't from the terrorist hackers, take my freedom please, so I can haz more security so I can see shitty Hollywood movies.

Did... did you just call the Sony Pictures hack a false flag?
Seriously?

Like, seriously?

Why not? A multi-billion dollar group of global intelligence agencies yet no one can find the people who did it? All the claim is it's "credible evidence". Yeah sure, let's all just take their word at face value because they'd never lie to us or anything, or have an agenda or anything. Unless I see arrests and confessions - and even then I'm still exceedingly skeptical - it's just so much bullshit. Are there bad people in the world? Sure, but this sort of thing - much less the reaction to it - strikes me as absurd, if not outright manufactured to precipitate such a response.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Dec 17, 2014, 19:50 Cutter

He's a funny guy. I love the fact that he was trying to be a comedian and failing hard, so when he was about ready to pack it in he figured 'Fuck it.' and he'd just start doing things his way and that's when he took off. As the old adage once again bears out, 'To thine own self be true.'

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 17, 2014, 19:48 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 19:15:
Apple, Amazon, HP, Verizon and others back Microsoft's fight against US government.

Definitely governmental overreach.

Well it's all so much bullshit anyway because then the US will just ask the XYZ government for whatever they want and get it. This is just bullshit posturing by companies that have zero problem abusing peoples privacy to begin with. It's all just PR.

3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 17, 2014, 19:46 Cutter

Yeah they pulled it here too. What a load of bollocks. Credible evidence my ass. Some 13 year old haxxors are laughing their asses off right now. I don't know what's worse, the bullshit culture of pervasive fear and rampant paramoia that the elites are selling to strip us of our liberty or the schmucks that actually believe it.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 17, 2014, 19:42 Cutter

Wow, you need a computer program to understand they "might" have survived. Lulz. Quantum compute it that way they died and lived.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Dec 17, 2014, 19:38 Cutter

Yeah, baby. Tomorrow. Or as Colonel Kerby said in Taps, "Major Moreland...dawn."

News Comments > Dying Light Interactive Trailer
3. Re: Dying Light Interactive Trailer Dec 17, 2014, 19:36 Cutter

I'm raging against this for Dylan Thomas.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Transfers Clarified; Specs Next Week
2. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Transfers Clarified; Specs Next Week Dec 17, 2014, 19:34 Cutter

Shut up Rockstar and just gimme already! Makes me want to listen to Me First and the Gimme Gimmes.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 17, 2014, 14:13 Cutter

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 13:57:
Cutter wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 13:36:
Ugh, turns out it's the rim. Sigh. So there's $500+ dollars right there. And I'll have to get the alignment checked, etc. So this is going to cost me a grand at least. And the sonsofbitches fixed the pothole today. FFS!

They will have record of that exact pot hole - so get your documents together. Good luck man. it sucks.

Yeah, they had literally just finished it as I got there and they gave me a number to call. Three people slowed down to ttalk to me as well saying they had hit it too and one guy was also going to be filing a claim against the city because it fucked up his alignment, so I'm thinking I'm pretty safe here. The only downside is how long it'll take to collect from them.

On the upside, my new Bogs shoes arrived today! I ordered a pair of boots from then a few weeks back and they had a minor defect. Unfortunately they were out of my size so they offered me several alternatives, and this was perfect as I needed some new shoes. So silver lining in the cloud at least.

And yes, spicy food is great. Being someone who worked in hospitality for a lot of his life - including a stint in a Indian restaurant, and that was awesome! - we ate a lot of what the guys on the line cook and they're mostly Sri Lankan, Indian, etc. so lots of spicy foods. You do acclimate to it the more you eat it.

News Comments > Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns
70. Re: Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns Dec 17, 2014, 13:44 Cutter

ItBurn wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 09:59:
Good decision. You may not like the game, but freedom of speech should prevail.

What freedom of speech? In the US you have protected speech. That is not carte blanche to say or do anything you like. Same as every other civilized nation. We have limits precisely for these reasons. Reasons because people like you who don't understand what's reasonable and what's offensive to the majority.

So we should all be completely free, right? Free to rape kids, commit mass murder, acts of terror, etc. That's what you're arguing for? Really? Because it's an all or nothing deal. So which way should we go here?

This comment was edited on Dec 17, 2014, 13:51.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 17, 2014, 13:36 Cutter

Ugh, turns out it's the rim. Sigh. So there's $500+ dollars right there. And I'll have to get the alignment checked, etc. So this is going to cost me a grand at least. And the sonsofbitches fixed the pothole today. FFS!

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 17, 2014, 13:33 Cutter

And what about the liability insurance in all of this?

2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 17, 2014, 09:55 Cutter

Anyone ever have any legal dealings with a city over potholes? Hit a major one last night that blew out my new tire. So I have to take it into the shop today to get it replaced and have the alignment checked and such. Did a pile of research on it last night and am confident I can get them to pony up the dough, but I was just curious if anyone had any first hand experience with this.

News Comments > Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns
17. Re: Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns Dec 17, 2014, 09:53 Cutter

InBlack wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 09:34:
Cutter wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 09:27:
Freedom without responsibility doesn't work. We should aspire to more than pandering to the lowest common denominator. Anything for a buck, Gabe?

Im not sure what you are getting at here Cutter. Its very possible that Steam and Valve might in the end lose some business because of this decision. As for your freedom without responsibility that's all fine and dandy but ultimatevly it's not your decision to make, it's Valve's or rather Gabe's.

I'm not arguing that. I'm arguing it's an irresponsible and immoral choice. They're putting profit before people, and that's immoral. No one likes censorship but the freedom at any cost argument is asinine and infantile.

19191 Comments. 960 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo