Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 19598 (Ninja)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 26, 2015, 14:12 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 12:32:
Here's the short list to watch on Netflix if you haven't seen them yet:
- Apocalypse Now (haven't seed Redux, so don't know if it's superior. It's much longer though)
- Zodiac
- Dredd
- Fawlty Towers (if you're a John Cleese fan)

No, Redux isn't better. It drags on a lot. The whole bit at the French plantation was just extraneous. Who cares why France, then America got into the war? The story is about one man's journey into the heart of darkness. IMO that was just Francis milking it.

Zodiac? The one with Glyenhal? Yeah that was pretty good. I actually prefer Spike's Summer of Sam for flicks about psychopaths.

Dredd rocks. I own it on Bluray. Hell I even like Sly's version - in spite of Armand Assante trying to ruin it. We need more Dredd/Judge films and TV stuff. Hell, we should be working as a society to replacing police with Judges.

FT? Yeah, not so much. I like Cleese in small doses as far as the Python alumnus goes. Try giving The Brittas Empire - with Chris Barrie of Red Dwarf fame - a go instead.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 26, 2015, 14:03 Cutter

I'm only interested in Cortana if I can address is as Computer and it addresses me as Captain. That or it has to be Hal with his voice and he must address me as Dr. Chandra.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 26, 2015, 13:47 Cutter

Yeah, I'll believe when I see it. I'm not holding my breath.

News Comments > Gearbox Recruiting for "Next Borderlands"
14. Re: Gearbox Recruiting for Jan 26, 2015, 13:37 Cutter

Yeah, I don't get the appeal. Hated the first game and the second was only marginally better. I find it very boring. It's just one long grind. And the cel-shading still sucks.

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Collection Next Month
25. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collection Next Month Jan 26, 2015, 13:35 Cutter

$40? Um no. Wake me when it gets to $10 or less.

News Comments > DOOM Mythbusters
3. Re: DOOM Mythbusters Jan 26, 2015, 13:31 Cutter

This show was interesting for a season or two but it jumped the shark long ago. This is just silly now. Then again, Discovery is turning into a steaming pile of crap like A&E did.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Guild Wars 2 Jan 25, 2015, 22:04 Cutter

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 25, 2015, 21:43:
Sooooo....I grabbed Guild Wars 2 for dirt cheap, and played for a few hours. Is it just me or are the controls super sluggish and awkward? Maybe I am not seeing where/what I need to change, but there isn't a point and click to go to location? It is clumsy and cumbersome to attack a target.....what am I doing wrong?

Not that I recall, but it's been a couple of years since I played. It's worth taking a char through to max level at least once though. The world/zones are pretty impressive IMO.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
29. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 25, 2015, 22:02 Cutter

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 25, 2015, 21:49:
Wallshadows wrote on Jan 25, 2015, 20:55:
I just ate blue cheese.

I will never eat blue cheese again.

Can't be just the cheese. Muy wife makes stuffed pork chops with apples, blue cheese, asparagus and a couple other things. That is the only way I can eat blue cheese.

My mah and brah love the stuff, I can't stand it. I just don't get how mold can be an appealing taste.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
3. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jan 25, 2015, 18:12 Cutter

Julio wrote on Jan 25, 2015, 17:07:
If they want to look for public sector perks that substantially outweigh those available in the private sector they should check out Canada.

Yeah, but I'd argue it's the private sector that needs to be doing better...a lot better...by their employees. A living wage in Canada is now $20 an hour and we're still stuck at $10 for minimum wage. Yeah there's no doubt that a lot of government work that needs to come into line with reality. LCBO employees making $25+ bucks and hour plus full benefits for stocking shelves and sweeping floors is ridiculous. Or school trustees making almost 300k a year. There ya go, the politicians need a freeze on everything for the next 20 years.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
9. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jan 25, 2015, 18:05 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jan 25, 2015, 15:22:
No need for speed: Cable industry opposes 25Mbps broadband definition.

"Why are you making us invest in infrastructure when our current monopoly/collusion system is making us 90% returns?" Bigcry

That's the sort of myopic thinking of the greedy elites that's going to destroy America and themselves. What happens as the middle-class is eliminated and shoved into the poor category and no one can afford their overpriced products and services anymore?

21. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 25, 2015, 18:02 Cutter

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 25, 2015, 15:08:
Dacron wrote on Jan 25, 2015, 14:06:
I bought it off GMG and cannot gift the SA copy.

The key code for it is the same as the GTA5 GMG code, so I'm not giving the code to someone so they can hijack GTA5 as well, but adding the code to steam just gives "You already own this game. Click to install"

GMG gave you a GTA5 key already? I doubt that. It's probably a key just for GTA:SA. Check their forums.

No that's what he meant. I bought if form GMG too, and they only give you the key for SA for now. There better be a pre-load on 5!

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 25, 2015, 13:40 Cutter

Hope those molecules turn into something major in the battle against cancer. Yeah Mr. White! Yeah science!

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
1. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jan 25, 2015, 13:37 Cutter

“The private sector has a leg up in the perks they can offer. We wish, as the federal government, [that] we could pay for dry cleaning and free lunches, but we can’t. We can’t compete on perks,” said Haley Van Dyke, the U.S. Digital Service’s chief of staff. “What we can offer, in a much larger way, is mission. The projects we’re working on are wildly meaningful and offer tangible improvements to peoples’ lives.”

Oh but you can bail out Wall St. and the banks though, right? You can ensure guys who contribute nothing to sosciety except take from it and screw people over get their 6 an 7 figure bonuses, but you can't pay people who actually do important, necessarily work well? And that is precisely why you fail.

7. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 25, 2015, 13:33 Cutter

Ugh two more months to go for GTA5. UGH!
Furious2

News Comments > Shadowrun: Hong Kong $1M Mini-Campaign Goal
6. Re: Shadowrun: Hong Kong $1M Mini-Campaign Goal Jan 24, 2015, 21:42 Cutter

Saboth wrote on Jan 24, 2015, 18:04:
I just finished up the original, "Shadowrun Returns" today. I wasn't too impressed. The story wasn't great, combat was kind of tedious, and the game felt more like a point and click murder mystery adventure with a few fights thrown in than something resembling X-Com. Limited money, limited upgrades, items, gear, etc. I've heard the Dragonfall game is superior, so I might pick that up on the next sale.

Yeah, the original campaign is no great shakes but Dragonfall is head and shoulders above it.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
6. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jan 24, 2015, 17:42 Cutter

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 24, 2015, 16:15:
From the whining on blues lately you'd think straight white males were the victims.

How dare anybody complain about rape/death threats, or discuss their viewpoint on a video game!?!

A) We are the victims because we're all lumped in as everything that's wrong in the world when it's absolutely untrue. In spite of the fact that we're the ones who actually make the world a better place to live. And we have to deal with racism in the form of Affirmative Action, etc.

B) Faking rape/death threats for fun and profit is disgusting. If you actually believe for a second they're real I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you cheap.

News Comments > DayZ Early Access Sells 3M
13. Re: DayZ Early Access Sells 3M Jan 24, 2015, 17:37 Cutter

This is a classic case of right place, right time because those sorts of numbers for an unfinished disaster like this is a total fluke.

News Comments > The Bard's Tale IV Announced
14. Re: The Bard's Tale IV Announced Jan 24, 2015, 17:34 Cutter

Pineapple Ferguson wrote on Jan 24, 2015, 16:14:
Wasteland 2 was a letdown? I thought it was great.

It wasn't bad, it just wasn't good. Just sort of meh. Never really grabs you like Shadowrun Dragonfall or the old CRPGs like Fallout, BG, et al. I'm not holding out high hopes for Torment at this point, so I hope we're pleasantly surprised. As I said, I won't even consider anything else from these guys unless Torment is ahh-mazing.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 24, 2015, 16:04 Cutter

"A third of crashes involved a rear-end collision, safety regulator says."

Yeah, it's called tailgating. It boggles the mind how many dumbasses out there do it. That they don't understand things like mass, inertia, deceleration, etc. More so than any other problems with people's driving on the road, tailgating pisses me off the most. Absolutely needless accidents because some assholes don't understand how important spacing is when driving. You don't need eBrakes and they won't make a difference anyway. You need sensors that won't allow people to tailgate in the first place.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
3. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jan 24, 2015, 15:55 Cutter

That's a good haul for a scam. Guess she can plan her next one for a year or two from now. Space them out a little so people don't get suspicious. Hrm, how can I scam people as a professional "victim" instead of working? Kind of hard to do as a straight, white male.

19598 Comments. 980 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo