Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 18207 (Ninja)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Styx: Master of Shadows Trailer
4. Re: Styx: Master of Shadows Trailer Sep 11, 2014, 17:44 Cutter

The first game was fucking awful, so caveat emptor.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen DFM Patch Imminent
24. Re: Star Citizen DFM Patch Imminent Sep 11, 2014, 14:43 Cutter

At this rate they'll have a complete game in a decade.

News Comments > Alien Isolation Specs
31. Re: Alien Isolation Specs Sep 11, 2014, 12:20 Cutter

InBlack wrote on Sep 11, 2014, 07:12:
Cutter wrote on Sep 11, 2014, 00:42:
I dunno. I just built a new rig - finally after the last 3 years - and I have an ADATA SX900 128GB that's 550/R 520/W and it doesn't seem to be a whole lot faster than my 7200 500GB WD - which is now my D drive. From the way everyone talks I thought it'd be like a night and day difference but it isn't. I'd say it's marginally faster - but that could just as much have to do with my new RAM, Mobo, etc. I wouldn't say someone *has* to get one. Particularly given the cost and the much shorter life span on them.

Thats weird Cutter. I use my SSD for the system disk, and my boot time is like a few seconds tops. Also the one HUGE game I have on it (DCS: World) loads like 4-5 faster at least. Although the load times of DCS on a traditional HDD were attrocious to say the least. So maybe you havent really taxed it yet?

Not like I've actually timed it, I'm just saying it doesn't seem all that much faster.

News Comments > Star Trek: Alien Domain Announced
8. Re: Star Trek: Alien Domain Announced Sep 11, 2014, 12:10 Cutter

Sigh.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
6. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 11, 2014, 00:47 Cutter

Fantaz wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 23:37:
everyone i know has a copy of Destiny... lets just say they sold a lot. Bobby Kotick will be pleased.

It depends. Bob the knob wants another billion dollar a year franchise out of this. That's 15-20 million units depending on the breaks. That's not easy to do. Oh I'm sure it's sold a few mil already and will do some more, but until/unless they get it on the PC I doubt he'll see those numbers - and even then...maybe. Even here from the guys who console game regularly I only see 3 or 4 of them somewhat excited about it. I certainly don't know anyone that it's on their must have list. Oh welp, time will tell on this one.

13. Re: Alien Isolation Specs Sep 11, 2014, 00:42 Cutter

I dunno. I just built a new rig - finally after the last 3 years - and I have an ADATA SX900 128GB that's 550/R 520/W and it doesn't seem to be a whole lot faster than my 7200 500GB WD - which is now my D drive. From the way everyone talks I thought it'd be like a night and day difference but it isn't. I'd say it's marginally faster - but that could just as much have to do with my new RAM, Mobo, etc. I wouldn't say someone *has* to get one. Particularly given the cost and the much shorter life span on them.

5. Re: Alien Isolation Specs Sep 10, 2014, 21:21 Cutter

Thanks Wally. If I can see a few early reviews echo that then I'll take the plunge.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Trailer
1. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Trailer Sep 10, 2014, 21:19 Cutter

Ok, I'm pickin' up what they're layin' down.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Sep 10, 2014, 21:14 Cutter

Heh.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 10, 2014, 20:42 Cutter

Arrested for pot. Jesus, time for the rest of the world to come into the 21st century and end this stupid prohibition already.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 10, 2014, 20:41 Cutter

Heh, someone is saying the 50 pledges their campaign has so far is from staff and family/friends, lol! Wouldn't doubt it with these scumbags.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 10, 2014, 20:38 Cutter

Nothing Apple does is good for anyone. And wearables? Fad.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 10, 2014, 20:37 Cutter

Hope they lose big on it just to F Nodick in the A.

News Comments > Legions of Steel Beta
1. Re: Legions of Steel Beta Sep 10, 2014, 20:32 Cutter

So these guys make games at Hogworts?

2. Re: Alien Isolation Specs Sep 10, 2014, 20:31 Cutter

Anyone taking the pre-order plunge? It's on for $40 at Get Games atm - as opposed to the normal $50 everywhere else. It looks really sweet but how much replayability are you going to get out of this bitch?

News Comments > Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B?
153. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 20:00 Cutter

The Pyro wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 19:23:
For reference, Microsoft is currently the 3rd largest company in the world with a market capitalization of $340 billion. They have 100,000 employees. This offer puts the value of Mojang at almost 1% of that... an indie game being valued at almost 1% of the dominant business software company on the planet!

It's ridiculous.

But of course this isn't real money, here... it's inflated shares of stock. If you try to cash out all at once then you destroy the value of your stock in the process. You still end up filthy rich, of course...

MS Stock? 50 bucks a share.

Apple? $100. Google? $600. Why? Because they don't do dumb stuff like this.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
44. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2014, 19:56 Cutter

UHD wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 17:39:
Cutter wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 14:58:
Nothing I said is the least bit invalid or untrue to any rational and fair human being. If you find that disturbing then it's you who needs to re-align his perspective on life and the world. I get just as tired of the shrill liberal brigade telling us how to live, think, and act, just as much as I do with the right-wing nutjobs. There is no one size fits all life for everyone.

You are way too emotionally invested in defending a terrible human being. God damn man.

It's not cool to beat someone unconscious because they pawed at your face during an argument. That's not the "shrill liberal brigade" telling you how to live your life, that's common sense.

Hyperbolize much? See, people like you are part of the problem. She's screaming and slapping the guy. He gives her a rabbit punch that just happens to knock her out and you and the rest of the shrill liberal brigade are screaming that he beat her unconscious. Really, he just sat there pounding away until she was unconscious. Is that what really happened? Because I saw a quick rabbit punch that just happened to catch her on the button - which is boxing terminology for the nerve ganglion in the jaw, that when hit, results in a knockout. It's not like he even flat out swung on her. It looks worse than what it is. If you ever boxed or followed boxing you'd know that, but obviously boxing is barbaric so you wouldn't do that.

I'm not defending him, I'm defending men everywhere that get castigated for this bullshit while not a single fucking word is said about the woman's behavior. If you start shit with someone - and I don't give a flying fuck if you're male or female - then you best expect a response. As the old expression goes, don't start nothin' and there ain't gonna' be nothin'. Now that, is actual, real common sense. And what's more that's actually fair.

News Comments > Transverse Could Have Been Wing Commander Online; Gamers Skeptical
14. Re: Transverse Could Have Been Wing Commander Online; Gamers Skeptical Sep 10, 2014, 19:19 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 16:40:
The reason MWO got the money it did via crowdfunding was due to all the nostalgia for the MW franchise, even though that nostalgia was for a single player campaign-style game, not for an online-only free to play game. Transverse has none of that nostalgia, thus no money coming in. Shouldn't that have been obvious?

And particularly after they F'd everyone in the A on MWO. It'd be awesome if they don't even break 5k. What a reality check that would be for those clowns.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 10, 2014, 14:59 Cutter

Creston wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 12:54:
Cutter wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 10:57:
Creston wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 10:14:
Damn, it's got to be nice to have a job so awesome that you can just sleep in your car and save all that rent/mortgage money.

If I was going to do that I'd rather be a cowboy riding the range and camping out under the stars.

That's awesome right up until the first night it rains, or you wake up with some kind of fucking scorpion crawling in your bunghole.

I've camped in the rain, not a big deal. As for the latter I'm sure some people pay good money for that sort of experience. Hi-o!
Biker

News Comments > Out of the Blue
33. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2014, 14:58 Cutter

Blue wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 13:07:
Cutter wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 12:49:
There's nothing disturbing about it unless you're one of those unbalanced white-knighting assholes who think all the problems of humanity can be laid at the feet of men, and women are all pure and innocent as the driven snow.

You can have an unpleasant way of dealing with opposing viewpoints. I don't really feel like addressing this further at this point.

Nothing I said is the least bit invalid or untrue to any rational and fair human being. If you find that disturbing then it's you who needs to re-align his perspective on life and the world. I get just as tired of the shrill liberal brigade telling us how to live, think, and act, just as much as I do with the right-wing nutjobs. There is no one size fits all life for everyone.

18207 Comments. 911 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo