Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 20106 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
18. Re: etc. Feb 6, 2015, 17:13 Cutter

Verno wrote on Feb 6, 2015, 15:30:
I've never really had an issue with Steam Support, the few tickets I've had were answered within a business day and resolved without issue.

Greenmangaming's support on the other hand is terrible. They tried to screw me on a refund (their fault) which took 8 back and forths to resolve. It only ended in my favor because I refused to accept their BS reasoning and threatened a chargeback and complaint to their payment processor. That was a real wake up call to the price of cheap games there.

Weird, I've had nothing but good experiences with GMG. Once I cancelled a pre-purchase because they stated the keys wouldn't be coming until launch day - so no chance of a preload - I cancelled and got a refund no problem. And there were one or two other things over the years, both resolved quickly and to my satisfaction. I'm on the side of saying Steam support sucks however.

"We choose the right to be who we are. We know the difference between the reality of freedom and the illusion of freedom."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2015, 13:43 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Feb 6, 2015, 13:02:
Cutter wrote on Feb 6, 2015, 11:32:
February is coming in like a mofo. Forecast for the next 14 days is a ton of snow and cold as a witch's teet! Fuck I hate February so goddamned much! I think next year I'm going to see if I can't dissapear for the entire month. Mebbe rent a sailboat and cruise the Caribbean. Hit the BVIs, Bahamas, etc. and drink pirate amounts of rum.

Bobbob invites you to live with him in SoCal. If you ask nicely he'll probably even sponsor your visa.

Fingerscrossed

I've always wanted to hang out in Oxnard - simply because I like saying Oxnard. It's almost like saying Ox nads.

"We choose the right to be who we are. We know the difference between the reality of freedom and the illusion of freedom."

News Comments > etc.
13. Re: etc. Feb 6, 2015, 13:42 Cutter

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 6, 2015, 11:41:
Cutter wrote on Feb 6, 2015, 11:28:
Sounds like that's about right for most EA customers, which is why I avoid 99% of EA games. So it works out for both of us.

But do you really avoid 99%. How many did you play this past year?

I played DAI and that's it. I don't play BF, Sims, their sports games, their MMOs, just what Bioware makes. Even then I waited for deep discounts on most of their stuff. In fact DAI and the first Mass Effect are the only two games I bought day one over the last 5 or so years. So yeah. I wasn't exaggerating.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Rogue Eye Tracking
11. Re: Assassin's Creed Rogue Eye Tracking Feb 6, 2015, 13:33 Cutter

This sounds more like something that exists solely to benefit publishers so they can data-mine what people are looking at and use it for sales later on. I see zero point to this - especially at $200. $200 are you effing kidding me? What's next anus tracking? See how many times your average gamer clenches his anus over the course of a play session?

News Comments > Victor Vran This Summer
1. Re: Victor Vran This Summer Feb 6, 2015, 11:34 Cutter

Seriously? The guy looks like some douchebag from a 90s boy band.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2015, 11:32 Cutter

February is coming in like a mofo. Forecast for the next 14 days is a ton of snow and cold as a witch's teet! Fuck I hate February so goddamned much! I think next year I'm going to see if I can't dissapear for the entire month. Mebbe rent a sailboat and cruise the Caribbean. Hit the BVIs, Bahamas, etc. and drink pirate amounts of rum.

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Feb 6, 2015, 11:28 Cutter

Sounds like that's about right for most EA customers, which is why I avoid 99% of EA games. So it works out for both of us.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 6, 2015, 11:20 Cutter

Why don't they just get rid of their CS department entirely? It's obvious they'll never treat them well, and no one there obviously wants to be in their CS department.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 6, 2015, 11:16 Cutter

Good concept for a service depending on how long the demo is. Are you going to DL 50 gigs just to check out an hour's worth of gameplay? Lots of people have caps to contend with.

News Comments > Izle Alpha Signups
1. Re: Izle Alpha Signups Feb 6, 2015, 11:12 Cutter

Infinite freedom? Outright lie much?

News Comments > D.I.C.E. Award Winners
6. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Winners Feb 6, 2015, 11:11 Cutter

This is the "reality TV" of award shows. Just ridiculous.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
4. Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 6, 2015, 00:11 Cutter

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 5, 2015, 22:32:
Just quick read of that hack makes me think you should get a lawyer instantly if you are affected. Holy shit is that a scary amount of LINKED information to just "lose"...

with that people can literally fake YOUR identity. And that can lead to huge damages, credit card monitoring doesn't even cover it, with that info you can also change addresses on not so secure internet shops, and buy on a legit CC but send the wares to a wrong address. Or even change domain registrations with zero recourse. Heck you can even register new CC's with that info

And that's all just for starters. Think how that can ruin your credit rating. What it could cost for any future insurance (home/auto/health) or maybe even be denied it entirely. They've been talking about that a long time. If insurance companies get their hands on that data - and who's to say they're not paying people to do exactly this - then they can deny you coverage if they deem you a high risk, or charge you premiums through the roof. Yeah, I'd be fucking pissed too.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Feb 5, 2015, 21:45 Cutter

walrus1 wrote on Feb 5, 2015, 21:19:
Is it just me or are the Bundle Stars getting worse and worse all the time?

They've always been pretty ghetto. They do have the very rare sale on something good every once in a blue moon though.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Feb 5, 2015, 20:21 Cutter

Not really familiar with the show but that was pretty funny.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 5, 2015, 20:12 Cutter

Destiny and Hearthstone, both new releases in the fiscal year, combined for 40 million registered users (16 million of which belong to Destiny) and $850 million in revenue.

How do you get $850 million out of that? With Heathstone being free-ish, and 16 million sales of Destiny - which would gross 100 mil'ish and net significantly less. All I've been hearing is how Destiny has been a commercial failure given its development costs and now they're claiming it and a free game are responsible for close to a billion in net-revenue? Lucy, joo got some 'splaining to do!

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches Feb 5, 2015, 20:03 Cutter

So I went in on Subnautica and I have to say I enjoy it immensely. Not a ton to do you yet, but what's there is excellent. It's more like a chill simulator than anything else. Just swimmin' around, relaxin, it's nice.

News Comments > Activision Financials; Treyarch Making This Year's CoD
3. Re: Activision Financials; Treyarch Making This Year's CoD Feb 5, 2015, 20:00 Cutter

Yes, but would they have larger sales if it was every two years? Absence makes the heart grow fonder. After two plus years without a game property you like you definitely have more of an itch for it. Look at GTA5 45 million sales and it hasn't even launched on PC yet. I dunno about you but I'm itchy as hell for some new Fallout and TES.

Not that I have any interest in CoD/BF anyway, but it's like with annual Ass Creed games, I'm burnt out on them now. No thanks, time for something exciting and new, much like The Love Boat.

News Comments > Digital Extremes & n-Space RPG Plans
1. Re: Digital Extremes & n-Space RPG Plans Feb 5, 2015, 19:56 Cutter

Just friggin announce it already. Given the games of both companies my hopes are not remotely high on it being something good anyway.

News Comments > PC Assassin's Creed Rogue Next Month
1. Re: PC Assassin's Creed Rogue Next Month Feb 5, 2015, 19:52 Cutter

Are you interested in this? No? Didn't think so.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 5, 2015, 19:51 Cutter

Anthem is now in full damage control mode. The company has issued a statement that begins "Safeguarding your personal, financial and medical information is one of our top priorities, and because of that, we have state-of-the-art information security systems to protect your data. However, despite our efforts, Anthem was the target of a very sophisticated external cyber attack".

Heh, yeah. Sure. Pull the other one, it's got bells on it. I'd love to see what percentage of their annual budget goes to IT security. I'd be amazed if it was even 1%.

Saboth, talk to your local government and state consumer watchdogs. You should also check with whatever you have their for a law society as they generally provide free referrals for free consultations with the appropriate lawyers. As you said, this is something that could very seriously impact you and your family for the long run so it's worth looking into. I wouldn't settle for anything less than lifetime protection either.

The government has to get serious about this stuff and start mandating that these huge corps - particularly ones with sensitive information like health care, insurance, etc. - are doing enough. There should be annual audits and levels of compliance in order for them to keep doing business. The loss of this sort of information can be detrimental on all kinds of levels.

20106 Comments. 1006 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo