Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 18665 (Ninja)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
4. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Sep 21, 2014, 22:22 Cutter

Tom wrote on Sep 21, 2014, 18:10:
Yeah well, it wouldn't hurt for them to be a little more proactive too. "We sell hammers." Great excuse...

Stop! Hammer time!

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New Oculus VR Unit; Carmack's VR Talk
18. Re: New Oculus VR Unit; Carmack's VR Talk Sep 21, 2014, 22:21 Cutter

Fantaz wrote on Sep 21, 2014, 14:17:
...some people still wearing cargo pants? pfft!

Cargo pants rule! The only thing better than cargo pants are cargo rip pants that turn into shorts and back again.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 21, 2014, 22:20 Cutter

Yeah, that's what TV needs, more shows about cops, doctors, and lawyers because the fact they make up 3/4 of all shows anyway isn't near enough.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 21, 2014, 10:25 Cutter

Bats, actually flu shots can cause - and do - Guillain-Barré Syndrome.

Google 'flu shot gbs' for plenty more information. Some of the stories are pretty horrifying. It's a risk people don't consider enough.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
8. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Sep 21, 2014, 10:18 Cutter

Julio wrote on Sep 20, 2014, 16:42:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 20, 2014, 15:27:
Dear CRTC: Fuck you.

Seconded. Fuck the CRTC. Bunch of cronies of the old school cable companies pretending to be otherwise. Too bad the PM didn't disband them.

And why would a corporatist like Harper disband them? Only reason would be to give the cable lobby complete free reign. Much like the FTC the idea of such a regulatory body is a good one. However, in practice it doesn't work the way it should because its run by lobbyists themselves.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 20, 2014, 22:26 Cutter

Julio wrote on Sep 20, 2014, 21:29:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 20, 2014, 15:19:
Kids who died from flu last season: Most skipped vaccine.

Wonder how many people got paralyzed from the flu vaccine last season.

Yeah, thanks I'll risk the flu over GBS any day of the week. I don't even remember the last time I got the flu but it was probably a decade ago, and I seem to recall I was only down for 2 or 3 days. If the vaccines were safe they wouldn't have a waiver.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
1. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Sep 20, 2014, 17:36 Cutter

And the NSA smirks quietly to itself.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
3. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Sep 20, 2014, 17:33 Cutter

News-whats?

News Comments > Double Fine Taking Heat for Spacebase DF-9 Release Plans
18. Re: Double Fine Taking Heat for Spacebase DF-9 Release Plans Sep 20, 2014, 17:32 Cutter

Sho wrote on Sep 20, 2014, 15:37:
wtf_man wrote on Sep 20, 2014, 15:33:
I'm still pissed about Broken Age... not playing it until the full game is released. But it is obvious that Schaffer and company don't know how to do things within budget... nor on time.

I think what happened with Broken Age is that the Kickstarter was way more successful than they expected and created enormous pressure to make a game of a scope and production value that could live up to expectations, and you just can't make that for the money they collected, at least at the labor costs a well-established US studio like Double Fine runs up. I'm not sure what other options they realistically had; if they had made a smaller-scale game it would have felt anti-climactic to many. I think Schafer also felt a certain kind of responsibility towards other crowdfunded projects as a tent pole for the concept. So I still have sympathy for their predicament on that one.

That's poor management and nothing else. Project management is easy if you're organized and know what you're doing. And most developers don't. How hard is it to compartmentalize a project?

Base Project = X number of employees + X number of days + X number of dollars.

Stretch goals = See above. Stretch goals commence and are completed after base project is finished and good.

Of course you have to actually have a defined goal to work toward, otherwise you're just screwing around wasting time and money. Quit screwing around! You kids screw around too much!

1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 20, 2014, 13:59 Cutter

Blue, Monty Python warned us all decades ago that people are not wearing enough hats.

News Comments > Double Fine Taking Heat for Spacebase DF-9 Release Plans
4. Re: Double Fine Taking Heat for Spacebase DF-9 Release Plans Sep 20, 2014, 13:57 Cutter

Another year or two of this sort of crap and crowdfunding/early-access will be pretty much over. There will always be a few exceptions, but the gravy train is leaving the station. Yeah, after the fiasco that will be SC it will have definitely left the station.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Sep 19, 2014, 22:23 Cutter

Big bruhaha in Toronto over this a while back. It's the security guards doing it at the behest of the building's owners. They've stopped it after the public outcry.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 19, 2014, 21:56 Cutter

Internet is now an essential service and needs to be classified as such. It needs to be regulated, ensuring cheap, fast universal access.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Sep 19, 2014, 21:51 Cutter

"Creators must "demonstrate that they've used funds appropriately and made every reasonable effort to complete the project as promised"

'Gee, sorry I ran out of funds folks, but doing that research required me to charter a yacht and tour the Caribbean and that got expensive. Especially the hookers and blow part. I certainly did my earnest best however so thanks!'

News Comments > RIDE Announced
1. Re: RIDE Announced Sep 19, 2014, 21:43 Cutter

So where are the Tron and Akira bikes? Oh yeah, and where's the actual gameplay?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 19, 2014, 18:04 Cutter

This is different. You're talking about felony acts here. If they knew who these guys were and that they had committed the crimes that makes the company culpable. And from the article that certainly appears to be the case.

Accessory after the fact

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 This Month
34. Re: Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 This Month Sep 19, 2014, 17:52 Cutter

Kevin Lowe wrote on Sep 19, 2014, 13:28:
Cutter wrote on Sep 19, 2014, 12:30:
Yeah, see ya when this game gets down to a sane price.
Isn't this what gamers are always saying they want? A game tailored first and foremost to take advantage of their own platform? True expansions instead of DLCs? Broad control schemes instead of context buttons?

But now that someone does all that, in a genre long in need of a commercial revival, and charges an industry standard price, they're asking too much? Jesus, what do developers have to do to make you people happy?

What the fuck are you talking about? I'm talking about actual real gameplay included. Not just a sandbox of 'make your own shit up'. If I have to provide that then what am I paying a developer for? Or at least be realistic like Minecraft was with a 20 dollar price point. So yeah, providing actual gameplay is something most people would like. Jesus that's really asking a lot for 70 bucks isn't it?
Rolleyes

33. Re: Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 This Month Sep 19, 2014, 17:49 Cutter

nin wrote on Sep 19, 2014, 13:33:
Kevin Lowe wrote on Sep 19, 2014, 13:28:
Cutter wrote on Sep 19, 2014, 12:30:
Yeah, see ya when this game gets down to a sane price.
Isn't this what gamers are always saying they want? A game tailored first and foremost to take advantage of their own platform? True expansions instead of DLCs? Broad control schemes instead of context buttons?

But now that someone does all that, in a genre long in need of a commercial revival, and charges an industry standard price, they're asking too much? Jesus, what do developers have to do to make you people happy?

Basically, if you take whatever cutter says and think of the exact opposite, that's reality. He's in his own little bubble, thankfully.

Shouldn't you have your lips fully planted on Blue's ass about now? I may be delusional, but at least I'm not a sniveling sycophant.

9. Re: Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 This Month Sep 19, 2014, 13:22 Cutter

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 19, 2014, 12:44:
I think $60 is a sane price. These guys are clipping along pretty well I think final release is near.
Beta 2 will have a lot of stuff, I've just finished reading the newsletter link here if anyone interested.
The finished game will kick so much ass.

For an early buy. Launch will be $72 CDN. That's way too much for any game, nevermind bare bones with the actual gameplay supposedly coming later on. I'd go $30, maybe even $40 with what I'm seeing and hearing, but double that? No way.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 19, 2014, 12:32 Cutter

This is a new Canadian band that's making waves on the indie scene. Give them a listen and enjoy. The song is pretty addictive.

Always - Marry Me Archie

18665 Comments. 934 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo