Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 20686 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Cryptic Layoffs
1. Re: Cryptic Layoffs Mar 19, 2015, 09:22 Cutter

Won't be long before they're all unemployed. PWE is such a terrible company. It boggles the mind that a company like that can even exist. Actually it boggles the mind there are people that support them and their shitty business model.

“That's it. You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!”
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Mar 18, 2015, 21:07 Cutter

Wow, what a great way to make a living. I wish I would have had the artistic skills to make a living like that.

“That's it. You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!”

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 18, 2015, 20:41 Cutter

I've never liked Hillary but what is with this molehill being turned into a mountain? She's not some tech guru. The blame lay soley with her staff and the tech people involved in this who work for the government. This is just a straight up witch-hunt. There are far more pressing matters to concern themselves with.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Mar 18, 2015, 20:38 Cutter

Boid is the woid?

News Comments > Evening Previews
1. Re: Evening Previews Mar 18, 2015, 20:38 Cutter

"Deckard. B-263-54."

News Comments > MINECON 2015 Announced
1. Re: MINECON 2015 Announced Mar 18, 2015, 20:33 Cutter

$242 CDN for a ticket? Ahahahahahahahahaha!

News Comments > Sword Coast Legends Livestream Tomorrow
2. Re: Sword Coast Legends Livestream Tomorrow Mar 18, 2015, 20:29 Cutter

I'm cautiously optimistic. However, their being so close lipped about even basic details does nothing to assuage my fears that this will be not much more than a consoley/arcadey NWN lite.

News Comments > Full Control Lays Off Staff; Lays Off Game Development
3. Re: Full Control Lays Off Staff; Lays Off Game Development Mar 18, 2015, 20:27 Cutter

So why are they out of bidness if they've enjoyed such commercial success?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 18, 2015, 18:26 Cutter

Type would be easiest and best. RPG, MMO, RTS, FPS, Adventure, Side Scroller, etc. That way whenever you're in the mood for a particular category it's easy to find.

News Comments > Brother against Brother Next Month
3. Re: Brother against Brother Next Month Mar 18, 2015, 12:04 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 11:28:
I'm still waiting for Call of Duty: Civil Warfare.

That'd be pretty cool actually. Is there a FPS Civil War game that exists? Hell, I'd love to see a 3D Colonization simulator. Taking your wagon across the plains, dealing with the hostile wilds and savages! Building your cabin, working the land, animals, etc.

Edit: I'd imagine it'd be hard to do something like Antietam with only 64 players or less however.

News Comments > Steam EU Refunds Now Available [Updated]
32. Re: Steam EU Refunds Now Available Mar 18, 2015, 12:00 Cutter

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 10:53:
Cutter wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 09:57:
No we don't. Businesses in Ontario aren't required to provide refunds or exchanges. There's a cooling off period of 14 days on written contracts valued over $50, but if you choose to waive your rights by agreeing to the Terms of Use that's considered express consent.

A ToS and ToU or even contract can not be used to waive your rights in Ontario or Canada. That was covered under a case with Rogers Communications. Also, the part you're talking about has to do with all contracts between two or individuals not just 'written contracts.'

Yeah, I know they can't supersede civil and human rights, however digital items are different ball of wax. Steam - unfortunately - can't be held accountable for the state of a product. They have zero legal obligation to provide you any redress. The best you could do is take the developer to small claims and sue them directly. That's why our "rights" such as they are, are BS.

I'm having to file a FOI request against the OPP atm because they won't provide me some general information about traffic statistics - upon which their budgets are predicated. They'll only provide it to the Crown. It's fucking exculpatory evidence that supports my position and they're a public agency! Why should I have to pay to access this information that my tax dollars already paid for them to accrue in the first place? The SCC has already ruled they're not permitted to do that, but they're doing anyway. So I'm filing a complaint with the Privacy Commish, but do you think that's really going to amount to anything?

Yeah, we have plenty of rights. And they're soundly ignored and trampled all the time. I worked the G20. I saw the mass arrests and peoples rights tossed aside. And what happened to authorities involved? Not a damn thing. I didn't even want to work the fucking event but my employer insisted I do. If I hadn't I would have been fired. Where were my rights then? Our "rights" are carved into rubber, not stone, at best.

17. Re: Steam EU Refunds Now Available Mar 18, 2015, 10:02 Cutter

EU Consumer Rights Directive (2011/83/EC).

" In relation to contracts for online digital content, Article 16(m) regulates the right of withdrawal as follows: '[Member States shall not provide for the right of withdrawal in respect of contracts as regards]: (m) the supply of digital content which is not supplied on a tangible medium if the performance has begun with the consumer’s prior express consent and his acknowledgment that he thereby loses his right of withdrawal.'

'Express' consent and acknowledgement for the purposes of Article 16(m) should be interpreted by analogy to the rules on express consent provided in Article 22 on additional payments for additional services. This means the consumer has to take positive action, such as ticking a box on the trader's website."

So it's the same thing as here. Once you agree to the TOU that's considered express consent and you waive your rights to a refund.

14. Re: Steam EU Refunds Now Available Mar 18, 2015, 09:57 Cutter

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 09:08:
Guess they haven't updated for Ontario, Alberta, Saskatchewan or Quebec yet. We've got our own protection law here that covers the same thing as the EU bit.

No we don't. Businesses in Ontario aren't required to provide refunds or exchanges. There's a cooling off period of 14 days on written contracts valued over $50, but if you choose to waive your rights by agreeing to the Terms of Use that's considered express consent.

This comment was edited on Mar 18, 2015, 10:03.

News Comments > Newell on Half-Life
5. Re: Newell on Half-Life Mar 18, 2015, 09:44 Cutter

If it ever arrives, great, but I think the vast majority of us really don't care anymore at this point.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 18, 2015, 09:41 Cutter

Yeah, this is a definitely below average March, sigh. I think the Omen in this case is heralding the return of Damien.

A new bird flu? Super.

Whenever women have given me the old 'My eyes are up here.", I've always replied with, 'I know. I'm just checking out your tits.' A girlfriend of mine used to do a similar thing whenever she'd tell a guy whose fly was open saying she only realized it because she was checking out their package.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Mar 18, 2015, 09:20 Cutter

Zing!

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 18, 2015, 09:19 Cutter

Hype isn't the problem. The fact that no one needs wearables is. The vast majority of people aren't going to spend several hundred or thousand dollars on gadgets they don't need - particularly when they already own stuff that does it better for cheaper.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Mar 18, 2015, 09:16 Cutter

Nice artwork. When will these people learn that if you're making a tablet game people know that's what it is. And porting it to PC just to get money from the PC crowd won't work - for the most part. In this case they're only asking for 5k so they should be ok - however it makes me wonder why they need 5k to begin with.

News Comments > Brother against Brother Next Month
1. Re: Brother against Brother Next Month Mar 18, 2015, 09:12 Cutter

Virgil Kane is my name
And I served on the Danville train
'Till Stoneman's cavalry came
And tore up the tracks again

News Comments > RIDE Demo
1. Re: RIDE Demo Mar 18, 2015, 09:08 Cutter

Ride Captain ride, upon your mystery ship....

20686 Comments. 1035 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo