Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 20675 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam EU Refunds Now Available [Updated]
17. Re: Steam EU Refunds Now Available Mar 18, 2015, 10:02 Cutter

EU Consumer Rights Directive (2011/83/EC).

" In relation to contracts for online digital content, Article 16(m) regulates the right of withdrawal as follows: '[Member States shall not provide for the right of withdrawal in respect of contracts as regards]: (m) the supply of digital content which is not supplied on a tangible medium if the performance has begun with the consumer’s prior express consent and his acknowledgment that he thereby loses his right of withdrawal.'

'Express' consent and acknowledgement for the purposes of Article 16(m) should be interpreted by analogy to the rules on express consent provided in Article 22 on additional payments for additional services. This means the consumer has to take positive action, such as ticking a box on the trader's website."

So it's the same thing as here. Once you agree to the TOU that's considered express consent and you waive your rights to a refund.

“That's it. You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!”
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Steam EU Refunds Now Available Mar 18, 2015, 09:57 Cutter

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 09:08:
Guess they haven't updated for Ontario, Alberta, Saskatchewan or Quebec yet. We've got our own protection law here that covers the same thing as the EU bit.

No we don't. Businesses in Ontario aren't required to provide refunds or exchanges. There's a cooling off period of 14 days on written contracts valued over $50, but if you choose to waive your rights by agreeing to the Terms of Use that's considered express consent.

This comment was edited on Mar 18, 2015, 10:03.

“That's it. You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!”

News Comments > Newell on Half-Life
5. Re: Newell on Half-Life Mar 18, 2015, 09:44 Cutter

If it ever arrives, great, but I think the vast majority of us really don't care anymore at this point.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 18, 2015, 09:41 Cutter

Yeah, this is a definitely below average March, sigh. I think the Omen in this case is heralding the return of Damien.

A new bird flu? Super.

Whenever women have given me the old 'My eyes are up here.", I've always replied with, 'I know. I'm just checking out your tits.' A girlfriend of mine used to do a similar thing whenever she'd tell a guy whose fly was open saying she only realized it because she was checking out their package.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Mar 18, 2015, 09:20 Cutter

Zing!

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 18, 2015, 09:19 Cutter

Hype isn't the problem. The fact that no one needs wearables is. The vast majority of people aren't going to spend several hundred or thousand dollars on gadgets they don't need - particularly when they already own stuff that does it better for cheaper.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Mar 18, 2015, 09:16 Cutter

Nice artwork. When will these people learn that if you're making a tablet game people know that's what it is. And porting it to PC just to get money from the PC crowd won't work - for the most part. In this case they're only asking for 5k so they should be ok - however it makes me wonder why they need 5k to begin with.

News Comments > Brother against Brother Next Month
1. Re: Brother against Brother Next Month Mar 18, 2015, 09:12 Cutter

Virgil Kane is my name
And I served on the Danville train
'Till Stoneman's cavalry came
And tore up the tracks again

News Comments > RIDE Demo
1. Re: RIDE Demo Mar 18, 2015, 09:08 Cutter

Ride Captain ride, upon your mystery ship....

3. Re: Steam EU Refunds Now Available Mar 18, 2015, 09:06 Cutter

Cute but it doesn't mean anything. Your agreement can say whatever the hell you want but it's wholly unenforceable in the face of established law.

Nice to see NZ's gubment actually protecting its consumers. The rest of us are more or less bent over by force and have to take it sans lube.

News Comments > TITAN X Available
17. Re: TITAN X Available Mar 17, 2015, 22:33 Cutter

Lorcin wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 22:15:
Totally happy with 2560x1440 on a 27" for my desktop. Seems the perfect marriage of FPS and screen size.

What kind of monitor is that? My Asus VG278HE 144Hz 27" only does 1920x1080.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Mar 17, 2015, 20:37 Cutter

Ok, that was seriously awesome!

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 17, 2015, 20:33 Cutter

Sounds more like a black budget OP for the intel agencies.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Mar 17, 2015, 20:31 Cutter

Fucking Ars, I swear. Hertz put cameras in their property to protect them? Oh the nerve of them! Oh yeah! Dystopian future? Jesus Christ! Rolleyes

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 17, 2015, 20:25 Cutter

"We are quite clear that when you are using city computers, it is supposed to be for city business. This was not authorized business," Mayor Bill de Blasio said Monday

Oh come on Bill! They literally get away with murder! You think they're even in the least bit concerned about this?

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Mar 17, 2015, 20:16 Cutter

Good. Most Ontario cops are just overpaid ticket givers. 100k+ a year to hand out tickets is ridiculous.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Expansion Revealed
18. Re: Pillars of Eternity Expansion Revealed Mar 17, 2015, 18:24 Cutter

xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 17:51:
OMG! I just watched for 1 min - so excited!!!!

And you can play this even with your hand as is!

News Comments > Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity
32. Re: Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity Mar 17, 2015, 18:23 Cutter

Value is relative, we all know that. I'd never spend $200 on a video game, but I often do on a bottle of wine. Okay, maybe not often. Certainly not as often as I'd like - which is every day - but I have no problem paying that for a good bottle. And even at that price point it's getting harder and harder to do because of China. Thanks a lot China! Jerks!

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End
20. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End Mar 17, 2015, 13:10 Cutter

Darks, this game fucking sucks. And you loving it doesn't change that. Deal with it.

News Comments > Dungeons 2 Demons Trailer
1. Re: Dungeons 2 Demons Trailer Mar 17, 2015, 13:08 Cutter

Terrible music for a game like this.

20675 Comments. 1034 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo