Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 16503 (Ninja)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > GDC Award Winners
17. Re: GDC Award Winners Mar 20, 2014, 16:29 Cutter

I reject any exclusive title winning game of the year! Reject I say!

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue/Happy Spring Mar 20, 2014, 16:28 Cutter

Brazor wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 12:33:
Poor Blue!
You guys on the east side of the US got run over by a winter freight train. One that derailed, flipped over multiple times like a Slinky on stairs and never lost any momentum until all the cars had gone by.
Yet, out here in California it was business as usual. The "drought" doesn't mean a thing. We're always dry

Well we have tons of fresh water. I'd be happy to trade you some for some heat. Ye gods, the 14 day looks cold and miserable. It's usually 5-10 degrees warmer by now. Hell in 2012 people were out in t-shirts and shorts today!

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

11. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 20, 2014, 16:20 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 14:10:
Fierce solar magnetic storm barely missed Earth in 2012.

Those storms are some scary shit. The last time we had one was 1859. Under the same principle that creates that wireless electricity we read about the other day, the storm electrified the telegraph wires causing them to work unplugged and shocking operators. If that same storm happened today, it would fry electronic devices, take down the electric grid, and cause trillions in damages. It would make hurricane Sandy look like a stubbed toe.

Yeah, you figure it's just a question of when, not if. How prepared are most people to be off the grid for an extended period. Not very. And particularly if something like this hit in a winter like this? Bad, bad, bad! This was actually the first year I put together a proper emergency survival kit and bug out bag. Actually, I've been meaning to try one of these Mountain House freeze dried meals but keep forgetting. Ima do that soon.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 20, 2014, 16:17 Cutter

Susanne Atanus, Who Blames Gay Rights For Tornadoes, Wins GOP Nomination For Congress

Aren't their laws about insane people not being permitted to hold office? I could understand someone like this showing up in say, Alabama, but Chicago? If she were to actually win office I wounder if it could be challenged on mental competency. Wow, seems the GOP has not only hit rock bottom but is drilling downward at a furious pace.

News Comments > "Several" Unannounced UE4 Games in Development; UT Not One of Them
14. Re: Mar 20, 2014, 15:51 Cutter

Bring back UT99 with Threewave CTF and Hook and it'd effing rock!

News Comments > Op Ed
19. Re: Op Ed Mar 19, 2014, 22:22 Cutter

And where does anyone have a gun to Timmy's head forcing him to play this? Come on, man. Life is peer pressure growing up. Some things you just have to suck up. To get along, you go along, as the old expression goes. There's a way things ought to be and then there's the way they actually are.

They make it sound like there are zero alternatives which is bullshit. I was a jock in high school. I also played D&D. So did Vin Diesel and a lot of other "studs". It seems the people most worried about these roles are the people that suffered because of them. Well, whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. You can rise and accept a challenge or fold and cave. That's on you, not society. The Universe doesn't owe you a damn thing.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
5. Re: Evening Interviews Mar 19, 2014, 22:16 Cutter

“Using this strategy, I was making about $5 a day or so, and it was interesting to learn more about new markets and try to find other ways of turning a profit,” he said. “Nothing earth-shattering, but $5 a day adds up.”

Well you clearly don't. Point. Set. Match.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 19, 2014, 22:15 Cutter

QFT....

"A Gawker site using a misleading article headline as clickbait? I'm shocked, SHOCKED I say!"

News Comments > Unreal 4 Engine Released; $19/Month Licensing
14. Re: Unreal 4 Engine Released; $19/Month Licensing Mar 19, 2014, 22:09 Cutter

wtf_man wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 20:54:
Well, this ain't out of the kindness of their hearts. Most every small developer that can't afford a AAA engine jumps on Unity. They had to do something.

/shrug

Yeah, but you can't argue 5 points. Christ, you couldn't get that with the banks. Imagine if someone like Notch had used this - presupposing for argument sake he wanted an engine to make something really cool looking and not pixelated shit. He would have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Paying out what? 5 million on a gamble that resulted in 100 mil in sales versus having to have several hundred thousand up front? I'd say that's pretty generous considering most of what comes out of probably won't amount to a whole lot from most devs using it.

Hell, I think even Beamer and I would agree on this point. I think this is a very smart move on their part. They're gambling and it's going to pay off at least on a few titles.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 19, 2014, 19:49 Cutter

And where does common sense enter in? You get naked in front of a camera you should probably expect that it can end up in public at some point. It's like when people get drunk and tell off their boss at a party or something and are then surprised to find Monday they're out of a job.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Mar 19, 2014, 19:41 Cutter

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 19:10:
NSA has to go down hard. The evil it has conducted is just not stomach-able for the citizens that make this country.

Well apparently it is as most of them are doing sweet FA about it.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Mar 19, 2014, 19:40 Cutter

Average earnings of $5 a day. Yeah, that's some major bank alright.

News Comments > 75 More Steam Greenlights
4. Re: 75 More Steam Greenlights Mar 19, 2014, 19:37 Cutter

nin wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 19:29:
They greenlighted bone town? Seriously?

Something named Bone Town deserves to be greenlit on the name alone.

News Comments > Unreal 4 Engine Released; $19/Month Licensing
4. Re: Unreal 4 Engine Released; $19/Month Licensing Mar 19, 2014, 19:36 Cutter

Considering what it can do. If that means any developer - even AAA - 5 points is an effing amazing deal. I'd have reckoned they'd be at least asking for something closer to 25%.

News Comments > Op Ed
17. Re: Op Ed Mar 19, 2014, 19:29 Cutter

As others have pointed out symmetry is the overriding factor. Even a few millimeters difference can make the difference between average and supermodel. And fitness is not relative. The Rubenesque period of which you speak is a false equivalency. That was a fad preferred by the rich because it connoted wealth. If you had money then you were well fed and didn't do manual labor.

If you look at any of the more realist paintings of common people during the Baroque period they weren't all chubby people laying around in Bacchanalian repose. Caravaggio, Van Dyck, Velasquez, et al. were generally painting people that were pretty skinny and pretty ripped.

It's not news that women prefer buff bad boys for a roll in the hay, but not to take home to mom and dad or have kids with. And yes, there will always be chubby chasers and people who have all manner of strange predilections when it comes to the physical form, however, for MOST people, they prefer classically beautiful, fit people. You can't tell me if you're on the beach and see some hot fox in a bikini and some BBW in a one piece that most guys are giving the BBW the eye.

As for the conditioning and gender stereotyping they exist precisely because that's what MOST people are. You give far too much credit to human beings. Most of them aren't complex, unique little snowflakes. Most of them are pretty dumb, simple creatures. You think CoD sells a billion a year because of peer pressure? Smoke some more crack! You think sports like MMA are so huge because of males being conditioned against type? Load up another bowl.

These aren't guys who aren't in touch with their feminine side because of society. Jut like all of you my family has more than its share of blue collar rednecks. And they're very happy being that. Life is gloriously simple. Get up. Go to work. Come home. Eat. Watch some sports. Maybe shag the old lady. Go to bed. Get up and do it again. On the weekends they go hunting or 4X4ing or jetskiing or what have you. Most of my family think I'm a freak. 'Why do you waste all that money on fancy dinners and wine and traveling and education?' To them, I'm no end of amusement. And much as I love them I look at their lives and shudder in revulsion.

Look at Blues, our little niche in the big WWW. How would you describe most people around here - whether you agree with them or not or like them or not? Above average intelligence and education, most fairly well traveled and open to new cultural experiences. Most of us are not your average CoD/MMA fan. We do share commonalities with them however, but that's not the same as being one of them.

And even though I'm left of center, the right in me is also similarly repelled by these sorts of articles. It's elitist leftist bullshit, plain and simple. Much as I'll never be some gung-ho SEAL and I find war and exploitation to be quite heinous I won't deny my more primitive side. My first reaction after 9/11 was entirely unthinking and primitive. It was like 'Let's who find who did this and nuke the shit out of their country!' And most of you probably reacted the same way so don't tell me that this doesn't exist in men.

When life is easy and you can afford to be academic about these things it's easy to look down your nose at it. In the rest of the world where the rubber meets the road and you have to go out and hunt and kill and rob and steal to survive, much less prosper, they're not really concerned with gender stereotypes and the genders generally fall into their assigned roles quite handily.

Personally, I like my genders well defined. And if little Timmy down the block wants to play with Barbie, power to him, but don't think every other little boy should be like that too.

News Comments > Paradox Interactive to Distribute Pillars of Eternity
12. Re: Paradox Interactive to Distribute Pillars of Eternity Mar 19, 2014, 18:42 Cutter

No, I'm just sorta pissed at Obsidian and InXile atm. Grumble mumble.

News Comments > Free to Play - Dota 2 Documentary Released
11. Re: Free to Play - Dota 2 Documentary Released Mar 19, 2014, 18:35 Cutter

Then give HL to someone else to do. Valve could easily afford to let someone else do it and not even ask for dime one from the sales. Yet, they waste time and money on this scheisse and expect people to actually pay money to watch people to play a niche game. Yeah, ok, sure, right.

This was like LA sitting on all those great IPs or any other major publisher developer doing that shit. So many good IPs are just wasting away, and not even in Margaritaville.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 19, 2014, 13:40 Cutter

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 12:37:
Is it just me, or does one of the female anchors in the Fox clip put her tongue into her check as a reaction?

She like.

News Comments > Morning Previews
5. Re: Morning Previews Mar 19, 2014, 13:38 Cutter

Brataccas wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 12:51:
Cutter wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 10:39:
Hard to believe Firefly was only 14 episodes. What a boneheaded move it was to cancel that.

Probably spurred on by too many complaints of kids possibly being subjected to a strong male role model...

Lol! Yeah, but one of them was named Jayne at least.

And yeah, 10 years on it wouldn't be the same thing when there's such a physical difference between then and now.

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Mar 19, 2014, 13:34 Cutter

Beamer wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 13:13:
Don't worry, cro-mag, I'm fairly certain none of those "in the box" traits apply to you. Kind of like "reading the article" doesn't.

Don't need to read it to make a logical inference off of the blurb posted. It's a typical 'Oh my liberal sensibilities are offended!' article. As Brat pointed out, no one is forcing anyone to do anything. And most males are generally more competitively and violently inclined than women. So we know the article is jive without having to waste our time reading the entire thing.

It's that same bullshit hypocrisy when you fat chicks bitching about hot chicks in ads, how they're not representative of most "normal" women. Well neither are Adonis like, chiseled men, but you don't hear a peep out of them about that, do you? Or the fact that keep buying makeup and shitty rags like Cosmo, or the fact that most of those sorts of companies are owned and run by women in the first place so how the fuck are men exploiting them exactly then? Because - as it's hard wired to the genes - we're all attracted to beauty and fitness because it's an evolutionary trait. Same thing here. So just because the author of the article is a Nancy-boy who'd rather have tea parties with his dollies doesn't mean the rest of do our should.

Why do you always need everything constantly explained to you?

16503 Comments. 826 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo