Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 20988 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Firefly Cast Returns for Firefly Online
23. Re: Firefly Cast Returns for Firefly Online Apr 20, 2015, 18:32 Cutter

Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 18:04:
Hint: You are pretty much always going to be enriching a douchebag somehow. If you spend your life trying to only give money to people whose politics align with your own, it's going to be the only thing you have time for. (And you'll fail anyway.)

Do you pay your taxes? Enriching douchebags.
DO you look at ads? (Of course you do, it's impossible not to.) Enriching douchebags.
Do you buy anything online? Enriching douchebags.
Do you buy gas for your vehicle? Enriching some of the biggest douchebags on the planet.

Don't have much choice about paying tax it's that or prison. And that's not really enriching someone. Unless you're a cave dweller taxes are a necessary evil. It would be a lot more fair if we got to pick and choose what our taxes support.

I'd wager my ad watching is minimal. Don't own a TV or cable service. I use adblock and ghostery for browsing. I'm very anti-logo. I go out of my way to buy clothing that doesn't advertise. I'll promote other peoples products if they pay me for it, but certainly not the other way around where it can be helped. For example, a beer rep once gave me a really nice $500 Italian leather car coat. Sure it has a small logo of their product on it, but that's fair trade.

Buying online is the same thing. It's about who you buy from. I buy from artisans/small business people where possible. Besides, online shopping in Canada is more of an afterthought compared to the US.

And again, I can't help buy buy gas. I travel too much for work for it to be practical to cycle and they don't allow people to ride horses on the highways now do they? So yeah, I have to do it, but I don't have to like it.

So as I stated, I at least make the effort to make my consumer dollars count for something better where possible, and everyone else should too. That's how it starts being a better world. When people just bend over and take it because they don't think it makes a difference that's when it becomes a shittier world. Our last municipal election here in my region saw a 29% voter turnout. That's fucking beyond pathetic. And then all these assholes do is sit around and piss and moan about how bad things are, as if it's supposed to somehow automagically get better by itself.

"During times of universal deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 20, 2015, 15:20 Cutter

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 14:56:
$120 million? What is that, like 3 tanks?

Wow, only $8.28 M per according to Wiki -- so 14 tanks.

It's wholly indicative of the overall problem. Like when they waste 5 billion on crap like the Crusader artillery program. Or 140 million for a fighter jet that'll never be used. The list goes on and on. You're talking about $650 billion per year for shit you don't need. And that's just the operational stuff, not even the black budgets which are known but also flow into the the 10s of billions. And the 100s of billions for Intel and federal police agencies. Last count you had about 26'ish of them all overlapping each other. Basically you're wasting a trillion dollars a year on shit you don't need. Now, try going without water for a few days and see how that works out for you.

19. Re: Firefly Cast Returns for Firefly Online Apr 20, 2015, 15:10 Cutter

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 14:27:
You have the same opinion as me about celebrities.. I don't give a shit if they're fucking 1000 lbs women on the side and eating donkey brains for dinenr. The only thing I care about is "Do they make good movies/shows/music/whatever".

You should care because you're otherwise enriching a douchebag. Where possible I try to spend my consumer dollars in-line with my politics. I used to buy Dominoes pizza until I found out their right-wing fascists. No longer am I a customer. I don't buy games from Stardock because Wardell is a right-wing idealogue. And if you're giving money to Adamn Baldwin to use then in effect you're making a political statement as well.

One can't always succeed at this sort of thing but they should at least make the attempt.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 20, 2015, 14:28 Cutter

He said California is the breadbasket of the world. He must be getting senile as that belongs to Saskatchewan alone which supplies 10% of the world's wheat. The US combined only supplies about 10% of the world's wheat.

And desalinization is perfectly viable. You'd need to spend about 600B +/- to provide water for the entire state. That's less than the US military budget for 1 year. Slash your wasteful corporate welfare to the MIIC and you'll have plenty of money for things people actually need.

Perfect example: Congress Again Buys Abrams Tanks the Army Doesn't Want

Even the Army recognizes the need to scale back, but the GOP keep stealing from the taxpayers regardless.

News Comments > etc.
13. Re: etc. Apr 20, 2015, 14:15 Cutter

Stop validating idiots and grifters like Sarkeesian already! Ignore them and they'll eventually go away.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 20, 2015, 13:57 Cutter

QFT....

This is absolute evidence of a lawless government, or in this case a lawless segment of the government. The police's job and the entire purpose is to enforce the law and prevent crime.

Here are situations where they are willingly choosing not to prosecute crime, in order to protect their own power to spy, without restraint. Apparently what they do with stingrays so clearly out of line and illegal, it's like they are secretly entering in burglarizing homes in search of evidence. Maybe If the full truth got out what they do with the stingrays, they wouldnt be allowed to keep them so better let known criminals go free and hang onto their power to use over their "subjects".

Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely?

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Maxed Settings Video
27. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Maxed Settings Video Apr 20, 2015, 13:47 Cutter

I run everything maxed and whilst nice that's all it is. It really just uprezzed concole graphics and it shows. If you want to see really nice, just go to teh Youtubes and watch some Unreal 4 engine demos. Now if 5 was using that, it'd be worth crowing about. Oh but wait, consoles can't handle that sort of work.

15. Re: Firefly Cast Returns for Firefly Online Apr 20, 2015, 13:43 Cutter

The Magician wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 09:14:
Fuck Adam Baldwin.

Well Fillion seems to like him, so fuck him too?

14. Re: Firefly Cast Returns for Firefly Online Apr 20, 2015, 13:42 Cutter

Timmeh wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 09:49:
Acleacius wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 09:29:
InBlack wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 09:16:
The Magician wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 09:14:
Fuck Adam Baldwin.

Why?
He's ted assnugget level, batshit cray, cray.

anyone who uses "cray cray" in their vocabulary has no place to comment about another human being.

Anyone who can't construct a proper sentence shouldn't be criticizing other people for their use of slang.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 19, 2015, 21:30 Cutter

Sounds like George is doing it more for spite than out of any altruistic notion. If the elites/big biz were paying their share of taxes to begin with there'd be no shortage of money for affordable housing/etc. to begin with.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2015, 14:31 Cutter

Unlike that Avengers scheisse that Supes v. Bats looks good. I'm actually looking forward to Affleck doing Bats.

And lulz to that gorilla video! Same thing happened to me as a kid at the zoo once. Big silverback charged the glass and everyone must have jumped a foot straight up. I still remember the nervous laughter afterward and everyone hurriedly moving on.

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Regional Gore Cuts Possible
1. Re: Killing Floor 2 Regional Gore Cuts Possible Apr 18, 2015, 14:01 Cutter

In Germany and Australia? Gee what a surprise...said no one ever.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 17, 2015, 15:42 Cutter

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 14:59:
Why didn't the bitch poke him with the other end of the pen instead of ruining a perfectly good shirt? And why is it people feel entitled to be complete assholes (especially women lately)?

I agree on that point. There was no need for that but it's just ink, it'll wash out. Kicking her off the plane is extreme regardless. So what are people supposed to do? Not complain at all? Pester the plane waitress every 2 minutes? They'd probably kick you off for that. I don't think that wanting to stop someone from snoring is what I'd consider feeling self-entitled.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 17, 2015, 12:59 Cutter

Yeah it's a good flick. I love how it shows the engineers scrambling to find solutions to their problems.

Lamar's a clown, he makes me laugh. And yeah, Michael's kid is beyond annoying. You should be able to beat him to death on general principle. His whole family actually. He should have had the option to kick them out of the house permanently and never see or hear from them again.

And no, that video isn't remotely funny.

Why didn't they kick the snoring guy off? Why should she have to sit their listen to a guy saw wood for several hours? Fucking airlines totally out of control.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 17, 2015, 12:48 Cutter

Heh, yeah good luck with that. I don't even see the point of an FBI investigation because nothing is going to happen.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront November Release Revealed? Teaser Trailer
11. Re: Star Wars Battlefront November Release Revealed? Teaser Trailer Apr 17, 2015, 02:06 Cutter

People who buy this shit from DicEA get what they deserve. Which is, to say, a right good rogering.

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Apr 16, 2015, 19:48 Cutter

Big fat donkey balls.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Apr 16, 2015, 19:48 Cutter

Thanks for proving your irrelevance yet again Time magazine.

News Comments > Elder Scrolls Online Welcome Back Weekend Begins
2. Re: Elder Scrolls Online Welcome Back Weekend Begins Apr 16, 2015, 19:47 Cutter

They still have that crappy console UI I see.

News Comments > Endless Free Weekend
1. Re: Endless Free Weekend Apr 16, 2015, 19:46 Cutter

Endless Legend, big disappointment. Not terrible, but not good.

20988 Comments. 1050 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo