Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 18566 (Ninja)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
1. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Sep 14, 2014, 17:38 Cutter

A $400 dollar paper weight is too rich for my blood.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MS to Reveal $2.5B Mojang Deal Tomorrow?
50. Re: MS to Reveal $2.5B Mojang Deal Tomorrow? Sep 14, 2014, 17:37 Cutter

In my 40+ years on this planet I've seen some really dumb shit, but this is actually literally up there as one of the dumbest I've ever seen. Welp, there you go MS investors. Kiss 2.5 billion away that you should have demanded as dividends instead. I'm sure as this further erodes your stock value you can thank Ballmer Jr., er Nutella for that.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

News Comments > MS to Reveal $2.5B Mojang Deal Tomorrow?
49. Re: MS to Reveal $2.5B Mojang Deal Tomorrow? Sep 14, 2014, 17:35 Cutter

Ludomancer wrote on Sep 14, 2014, 17:14:
I know Markus, but not well enough to understand why he'd do this, if it turns out to be true. I doubt most people will understand how much of a moral bastion he's been in the last few years. Just his public statements against specific corporations, trends and modern business practice in recent years can't be understated. Most entities are too frightened for their future validity to stick their necks out for even marginal ethical boundaries; those who haven't pretty much secured how fucked the average citizen is in the face of modern technology and control by organized institutions.
If this turns out to be true, and I doubt it's false with so many reports in the last week, this is one of the harshest betrayals I've felt by someone I respected. He walked the walk, but... only half-way?

"Principles and values are of no use if the idealist cannot live up to his own standards." - Bob Salvatore

There ya go, Notch was human all along. Just another flawed hypocrite like the rest of us. There are some people throughout history who never caved, but you can most of those in the hundreds. Which is pretty sad when you measure it against the billions of us who have existed.

Shit man, I'd easily sell out for that sort of bank. Then again, I never pretended I wouldn't like he did either.

News Comments > MS Working on Xbox Streaming to Browsers?
20. Re: MS Working on Xbox Streaming to Browsers? Sep 13, 2014, 18:53 Cutter

So do make actual PC games. Give us a shitty way to play shitty console games. Oh yeah, that sounds enticing.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2014, 18:51 Cutter

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 13, 2014, 18:03:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Sep 13, 2014, 17:57:
Just like with the financial crisis, the assholes making the decisions are always protected from any actual accountability.

Timely

Awful long article to basically say the rich get richer and the rest of us get F'd in the A.

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
5. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Sep 13, 2014, 18:47 Cutter

The shine on crowdfunding has definitely worn off for a lot of people and that will only continue as projects fail, turn out to be shit, and scams all increase. It reminds me of the Dot Com boom when people were tripping over themselves to give money away on the dumbest things. While it's not Tulip mania, I'd say crowdfunding is going to be relegated to a very minor niche going forward precisely because of the aforementioned reasons.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2014, 17:08 Cutter

Hey! South Park is on for 20 clams on the Humble Store sale today. Just picked it up and Outlast for 5 bones.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2014, 16:51 Cutter

Creston wrote on Sep 13, 2014, 15:05:
Patrick Stewart is just a king of men. The last two years, he's basically become the coolest guy alive.

Nah, he's pretty much always been that. It's the last few years with him and Ian that have been a real hoot when they get together. Oh to have too much time and money on one's hands.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Sep 13, 2014, 16:48 Cutter

Seems Soto is about 50 years behind the times already.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
1. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Sep 13, 2014, 16:46 Cutter

Well of course not. How can they possibly pay for IT security when they're shelling out for golden parachutes for their execs?

News Comments > Star Citizen Patch, Ships, Trailer
13. Re: Star Citizen Patch, Ships, Trailer Sep 13, 2014, 16:45 Cutter

Baristan wrote on Sep 13, 2014, 16:25:
Don't forget to buy a new hanger to park your $140 350R racer in.
A steal at only $50 each. Why not buy them all. And since many ships now don't come with jump drives you better by a few when they become available.

Lol! Nice one. Oh man, you can just feel the burn coming off of this scam, er, game.

News Comments > Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut Diary
5. Re: Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut Diary Sep 13, 2014, 16:42 Cutter

Yep, PF has the right of it. The first campaign was a major letdown, but Berlin kicked ass. I'm stoked as a fire for this! I suspect W2 is going to be a big letdown so I can easily hold off on that one and replay this instead.

News Comments > PC GTA5 in January
71. Re: PC GTA5 in January Sep 12, 2014, 21:07 Cutter

Frags4Fun wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 20:00:
I was planning to play this over Christmas break because I get 2 weeks off. Last Christmas break I spent most of my evenings playing it on 360 after the Mrs went to bed and had a blast. I was totally psyched to be able to redo it on PC this holiday season and now I'm so disappointed.

Hey Rockstar, you're a bunch of greedy whores and you'll never get another cent from me. It's painfully obvious that you are trying to cash in, again...

F%^& you!

And you people who believe that this isn't motivated by greed are incredibly naive. It's better than being an apologist though.

Tell us how you really feel.
Wacko

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Launch Pricing and Preorder Bonus
47. Re: Elite: Dangerous Launch Pricing and Preorder Bonus Sep 12, 2014, 21:05 Cutter

Tom wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 19:34:
ForgedReality wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 16:57:
Now if they could only make some ships that didn't look like fucking cheese wedges...

No one has as many friends as the man with many cheeses.

Haha! Nice one, Centurion, like it, like it! That's the best line of all the NPC banter in DOS. I'd love to own a cheese shop for no other reason then to stand out front and shout that at passersby.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Sep 12, 2014, 20:35 Cutter

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 20:18:
News at 6: People are stupid.
News at 11: Urgent medical care required for stupid people.

Medial care should be refused to those sorts of morons on general principle alone whatever stupid fad they're engaging in. Cull them from the gene pool already. At the very least they should have to pay all costs involved if they require medical care because of their needless stupidity.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Lords of the Black Sun
1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Lords of the Black Sun Sep 12, 2014, 20:27 Cutter

I simply cannot see this without singing Black Hole Sun.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 12, 2014, 17:10 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 16:02:
Predatory dinosaur was larger than T. rex, went for swims.

So, Jurassic Park 3 actually got it right?

I'll just leave this here....

Nod

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
14. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 12, 2014, 17:06 Cutter

The 14 Defining Characteristics of Fascism

So true, so sad.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
7. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 12, 2014, 17:01 Cutter

PHJF wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 13:05:
Just the name "Techland" sounds like a B-list amusement park somewhere in the former Soviet Bloc.

"12 3 days since last rider fatality! Come on down to fabulous Techland!"

I'd totally go to Techland!

News Comments > Transverse Funding Reworked
20. Re: Transverse Funding Reworked Sep 12, 2014, 17:00 Cutter

verybad1 wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 15:34:
Wow, in the last 17 hours
it's gone from
76 backers and $6530 pledged
to
83 Backers and $7110 pledged.

Nice to see that integrity still matters.

Please note I don't want Piranha to fail. They have the basics to a good game in MWO, they just need to focus more on making that good game than on draining money out of the customers.

I completely understand that they need to make money to continue as a functioning company, but the money WILL come if they work harder on making the game what it was promised to be. As for Transverse, I don't think that Piranha is capable of developing two decent games at the same time. I do want Transverse to go away.

So, in other words you work for them. Shill harder.

18566 Comments. 929 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo