Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 19646 (Ninja)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
6. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jan 3, 2015, 13:38 Cutter

Once again you can thank the Harper junta for stripping away your rights and increasing the power of big biz and the elites.

Middlefinger

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes Free Weekend
6. Re: Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes Free Weekend Jan 3, 2015, 00:48 Cutter

He's a right-wing extremist and proud of it. Those are generally people I choose not to give my money to where possible.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Issues
8. Re: Elite Dangerous Issues Jan 2, 2015, 22:03 Cutter

PHJF wrote on Jan 2, 2015, 21:34:
The gist was the fundamentals are all there and fantastic but all the bells and whistles you really want and need aren't and won't be for a long time yet

Basically what every review echos: great foundation, total lack of content. A recurring theme among early access games is to arbitrarily release 1.0 and then promise "ongoing development".

Exactly. Between that review and comments like Jack's, it sounds like this thing needs another year or two before it'll really be worth playing. Unless you're into drudgery and loneliness in space I suppose.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Jan 2, 2015, 18:45 Cutter

Seriously? They have no one standing by? No one is going to come in early to address it? Wow, way to generate even more bad PR.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 2, 2015, 18:42 Cutter

Agreed. Sounds like a political agenda at work here, 'Won't someone think of the children!?'  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 2, 2015, 18:36 Cutter

Those clowns have a massive over-inflation of the importance of their worth.

News Comments > Roberts on Star Citizen in 2015: "No Finish Line"
10. Re: Roberts on Star Citizen in 2015: Jan 2, 2015, 18:34 Cutter

Pr()ZaC wrote on Jan 2, 2015, 17:24:
2015 is where the game will be shaped.
I lolled.

and the first Episode of Squadron 42.

It's episodic now? I lolled even harder. Can NOT wait for the inevitable shitstorms on the horizon for all this jive!

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Issues
1. Re: Elite Dangerous Issues Jan 2, 2015, 18:23 Cutter

Because ODRM. That aside, there was actually an really good review of this on PC World the other day. And it really nailed why I won't be jumping into this anytime soon - or ever if Braben doesn't smarten up and drop this ODRM shit. The gist was the fundamentals are all there and fantastic but all the bells and whistles you really want and need aren't and won't be for a long time yet - social functions, trading, etc. It's definitely worth a read.

PC World ED Review

News Comments > Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes Free Weekend
3. Re: Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes Free Weekend Jan 2, 2015, 18:19 Cutter

Yeah, I'd be happy to grab this but I simply can't bring myself to give Bradly dime one.

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Jan 2, 2015, 16:03 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jan 2, 2015, 13:34:
I know you're pretty opposed to EA games, as I am (picked up KSP a few months ago, just b/c it had been in development for so long). What about the reviews and let's plays made you change your mind?

Yeah, apart from a few Kickstarters, I've only bought Endless Legends in EA - and I've barely touched the thing so far - but only because I play Civ more than anything else so, I'm a sucker for any Civ type game. With this....

A) the stylized art really got my attention first
B) the fact that they're going for a more "realistic" bent on this with no zombies, et al. was also a bonus
C) the Let's Plays were convincing enough along with all the positive praise and the caveats were all the same - it's good, but still early.
D) It was 10 bucks. I go to my local pub and a pint of the brown and tip is 7 bucks right there so no big whoop.

Most EA games hold zero interest for me, or come across as too ambitious for their budgets or unprofessional or outright scams, so yeah, on the whole I'm still not a fan of them but if it's far enough along and cheap enough, it's not that big a deal. Hell, I've already logged 7 hours with it and that would be $50 at the pub at this rate.

News Comments > Not Even One "M" in Square Enix MMOGs
15. Re: Not Even One Jan 2, 2015, 15:52 Cutter

Beelzebud wrote on Jan 2, 2015, 15:28:
You don't have to surpass WoW's subscriber count to be successful.

Zackly. It all depends on what you consider successful to be. If you're making bread, you're doing ok.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 2, 2015, 12:43 Cutter

Man, that was just embarrassing for the Seminoles last night. Just CRUSHED by the Ducks!

And yeah, I caught some of those films. TCM is one of the few things I watch regularly and those old Marx Brothers films are always a hoot.

And no one wants to hear it if it's not District 10, Blokamp. Let's go already!

Gee, some Texans believe movies are real...what a surprise. Rolleyes

And wtf did it take so long for anyone to do anything about that brat? And where were his parents? Probably out scoring meth. And another long term problem for society begins. Every time those asshole anti-choice pricks are out protesting they need to watch videos like this and realize it's their fault.

And Robots aren't breaking the law, the people who programmed a program are. GG clickbait.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 2, 2015, 12:31 Cutter

And what makes anyone think it'll change anything? Short of slashing their absurd budget nothing else will make them stop.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Jan 2, 2015, 12:29 Cutter

I just finished SoM and it was great. Now I have the Torin's hunt DLC to work through next. I hope they can do a new major expansion for this with new maps and characters and stuff. It'd be fun to be a halfling rogue backstabbing goblins and the like. Checking out some places like Bree, etc. I played it with a keyboard and mouse after trying my controller and I definitely preferred KB/M.

Also picked up The Long Dark - only thing I ended up buying from this Steam sale - after reading a pile of reviews and watching some Let's Plays. Spent 4 hours in it last night and made it just over 10 days before getting pwned by a wolf. It's really pretty and it's pretty solid for an alpha but they definitely need to add a lot more content and tweak a lot of mechanics. Ima play it for a few more days and then proffer some suggestions on their forums. It's definitely worth it at $10 I think, but I wouldn't pay any more than that. Man against nature and no effing zombies is a nice change of pace. I see that Bats and Seph picked it up too.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 1, 2015, 19:18 Cutter

Anyone watching the Bowls? Damn, missed the Cotton Bowl and heard it was a helluva game.

Go Ducks!

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Server "Strike" Plans
32. Re: Battlefield 4 Server Jan 1, 2015, 19:14 Cutter

Heh, why do people do dumb shit? Like continually buy this sort of crap from EA and Actiblizz? It's battered wife syndrome I swear. 'No, this time he'll be different! He's changed, really!'

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 1, 2015, 16:33 Cutter

Operation Fat Bastard is a go!

News Comments > Euro Truck Simulator 2 OS X Beta
2. Re: Euro Truck Simulator 2 OS X Beta Jan 1, 2015, 16:21 Cutter

Kosumo wrote on Jan 1, 2015, 15:06:
Thats a ten four buddy.

That's a 10-4, good buddy.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Jan 1, 2015, 10:33 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jan 1, 2015, 01:25:
I know it's tradition and all, but there has to be a better song than auls lang syne that could be a New Years anthem.

David Bowie's Absolute Beginners?

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
8. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 1, 2015, 10:32 Cutter

verybad1 wrote on Dec 31, 2014, 22:04:
Cutter wrote on Dec 31, 2014, 17:26:
Why not just use that instant battery charging tech that Israeli company is working on?

It's an actual battery replacement, not recharge (if that's the one I'm thinking of)

Yeah, from that Israeli company Storedot. If I were Musk I'd be looking at investing in them.

19646 Comments. 983 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo