Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 16491 (Ninja)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > DirectX 12 Announced
22. Re: DirectX 12 Announced Mar 21, 2014, 00:15 Cutter

Yeah, lets face it, you won't even see games taking advantage of this until 2017 or 2018 anyway.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 20, 2014, 22:09 Cutter

We don't negotiate with terrorists.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order Trailer
6. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Trailer Mar 20, 2014, 21:58 Cutter

Looks like it's several years old already with those textures.

I am, however, loving the soundtrack for this game so far. Wish they'd release the MP3s already.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
24. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 20, 2014, 18:07 Cutter

Oh really? And how are they going to reward positive behavior? What a load of hooey. Hooey!

News Comments > Immediate Beta Access For Warlock 2 Preorders
3. Re: Immediate Beta Access For Warlock 2 Preorders Mar 20, 2014, 18:03 Cutter

Original was a let down - for me at any rate. I play Civ more than anything else so this seemed a natch. Unfortunately it's really Civ lite and it gets old fast. I can only hope they've added a lot more this time around.

News Comments > GDC Award Winners
20. Re: GDC Award Winners Mar 20, 2014, 18:02 Cutter

nin wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 16:33:
Cutter wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 16:29:
I reject any exclusive title winning game of the year! Reject I say!

Yeah yeah, we know. So that means your favorite pc only game can't win either, right?

Which PC exclusive would that be? If you look at the GDC winners most are console exclusives or developed for the console first. So there's no danger of that ever happening, is there? In fact it looks like the only PC first title that has ever won was HL2.

So yes, it's safe to say you can reject this sort of insular elitism for what it is.

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Mar 20, 2014, 16:31 Cutter

I like resplendent chests. And the ones in D3 too.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 20, 2014, 16:30 Cutter

Al's great. You need way more people like him in politics!

News Comments > GDC Award Winners
17. Re: GDC Award Winners Mar 20, 2014, 16:29 Cutter

I reject any exclusive title winning game of the year! Reject I say!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue/Happy Spring Mar 20, 2014, 16:28 Cutter

Brazor wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 12:33:
Poor Blue!
You guys on the east side of the US got run over by a winter freight train. One that derailed, flipped over multiple times like a Slinky on stairs and never lost any momentum until all the cars had gone by.
Yet, out here in California it was business as usual. The "drought" doesn't mean a thing. We're always dry

Well we have tons of fresh water. I'd be happy to trade you some for some heat. Ye gods, the 14 day looks cold and miserable. It's usually 5-10 degrees warmer by now. Hell in 2012 people were out in t-shirts and shorts today!

11. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 20, 2014, 16:20 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 14:10:
Fierce solar magnetic storm barely missed Earth in 2012.

Those storms are some scary shit. The last time we had one was 1859. Under the same principle that creates that wireless electricity we read about the other day, the storm electrified the telegraph wires causing them to work unplugged and shocking operators. If that same storm happened today, it would fry electronic devices, take down the electric grid, and cause trillions in damages. It would make hurricane Sandy look like a stubbed toe.

Yeah, you figure it's just a question of when, not if. How prepared are most people to be off the grid for an extended period. Not very. And particularly if something like this hit in a winter like this? Bad, bad, bad! This was actually the first year I put together a proper emergency survival kit and bug out bag. Actually, I've been meaning to try one of these Mountain House freeze dried meals but keep forgetting. Ima do that soon.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 20, 2014, 16:17 Cutter

Susanne Atanus, Who Blames Gay Rights For Tornadoes, Wins GOP Nomination For Congress

Aren't their laws about insane people not being permitted to hold office? I could understand someone like this showing up in say, Alabama, but Chicago? If she were to actually win office I wounder if it could be challenged on mental competency. Wow, seems the GOP has not only hit rock bottom but is drilling downward at a furious pace.

News Comments > "Several" Unannounced UE4 Games in Development; UT Not One of Them
14. Re: Mar 20, 2014, 15:51 Cutter

Bring back UT99 with Threewave CTF and Hook and it'd effing rock!

News Comments > Op Ed
19. Re: Op Ed Mar 19, 2014, 22:22 Cutter

And where does anyone have a gun to Timmy's head forcing him to play this? Come on, man. Life is peer pressure growing up. Some things you just have to suck up. To get along, you go along, as the old expression goes. There's a way things ought to be and then there's the way they actually are.

They make it sound like there are zero alternatives which is bullshit. I was a jock in high school. I also played D&D. So did Vin Diesel and a lot of other "studs". It seems the people most worried about these roles are the people that suffered because of them. Well, whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. You can rise and accept a challenge or fold and cave. That's on you, not society. The Universe doesn't owe you a damn thing.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
5. Re: Evening Interviews Mar 19, 2014, 22:16 Cutter

“Using this strategy, I was making about $5 a day or so, and it was interesting to learn more about new markets and try to find other ways of turning a profit,” he said. “Nothing earth-shattering, but $5 a day adds up.”

Well you clearly don't. Point. Set. Match.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 19, 2014, 22:15 Cutter

QFT....

"A Gawker site using a misleading article headline as clickbait? I'm shocked, SHOCKED I say!"

News Comments > Unreal 4 Engine Released; $19/Month Licensing
14. Re: Unreal 4 Engine Released; $19/Month Licensing Mar 19, 2014, 22:09 Cutter

wtf_man wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 20:54:
Well, this ain't out of the kindness of their hearts. Most every small developer that can't afford a AAA engine jumps on Unity. They had to do something.

/shrug

Yeah, but you can't argue 5 points. Christ, you couldn't get that with the banks. Imagine if someone like Notch had used this - presupposing for argument sake he wanted an engine to make something really cool looking and not pixelated shit. He would have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Paying out what? 5 million on a gamble that resulted in 100 mil in sales versus having to have several hundred thousand up front? I'd say that's pretty generous considering most of what comes out of probably won't amount to a whole lot from most devs using it.

Hell, I think even Beamer and I would agree on this point. I think this is a very smart move on their part. They're gambling and it's going to pay off at least on a few titles.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 19, 2014, 19:49 Cutter

And where does common sense enter in? You get naked in front of a camera you should probably expect that it can end up in public at some point. It's like when people get drunk and tell off their boss at a party or something and are then surprised to find Monday they're out of a job.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Mar 19, 2014, 19:41 Cutter

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 19:10:
NSA has to go down hard. The evil it has conducted is just not stomach-able for the citizens that make this country.

Well apparently it is as most of them are doing sweet FA about it.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Mar 19, 2014, 19:40 Cutter

Average earnings of $5 a day. Yeah, that's some major bank alright.

16491 Comments. 825 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo