Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Nashville, TN 02/27

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 20028 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 4, 2015, 11:49 Cutter

He is figuratively F'd in the A. And soon to be literally too. Well, prison is full of clowns who thought they were smarter than everyone else.

"We choose the right to be who we are. We know the difference between the reality of freedom and the illusion of freedom."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 4, 2015, 11:44 Cutter

Yeah, it is weird why the FCC is doing some of this. I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop. It's like the taste of honey you get before the foul stuff arrives.

"We choose the right to be who we are. We know the difference between the reality of freedom and the illusion of freedom."

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 4, 2015, 11:42 Cutter

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss."

News Comments > CERES Announced
2. Re: CERES Announced Feb 4, 2015, 11:32 Cutter

Yeah, that looks pretty ghetto.

News Comments > Valve on the Future of High Performance Graphics
17. Re: Valve on the Future of High Performance Graphics Feb 4, 2015, 11:31 Cutter

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 4, 2015, 10:35:
Valve seems to be getting into all kinds of things and not finish anything before jump on the other.
-Steam controller
-Steam OS
-Steam graphics API
-Steam VR
Lots of potential "game changer" and huge plans but everything seem to get abandoned after a few months when the hype settles.
I am waiting for Valve to announce the next big thing in mobile gaming a Valve tablet or something. Than a few months later they will just forget about it and announce the ground breaking new tech in sound technology for pc gamers.

Indeed. There's a reason the phrase "Valve time" exists to begin with. I can't see them really actually delivering on any of this stuff.

News Comments > Take-Two Financials
3. Re: Take-Two Financials Feb 3, 2015, 19:12 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Feb 3, 2015, 18:28:
Holy fucking Crisco on a stick. 45 million copies of GTAV??!

Crisco on a stick? Why would one put Crisco on a stick? And why then would that be so incredulous?

I'll be curious to see what the totes sales are in a year's time.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 3, 2015, 19:06 Cutter

Yeah me neither. I'd suspect it won't be long before someone makes a new adblocker that doesn't do this and will steal all their thunder. I don't want Adblocker: Except for these pricks who pay us enough, I want ads blocked, period.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Feb 3, 2015, 19:03 Cutter

Ahh those sorts of stories always put a big ol' smile on my face.

Evilgrin

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 3, 2015, 18:44 Cutter

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 3, 2015, 18:34:
Requiring disclose of sexual orientation before the event is even more questionable... in fact, it might be illegal.

Illegal in Singapore? More like encouraged. Singapore is an Orwellian state. You couldn't pay me to go there.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Superbowl Sharks Feb 3, 2015, 14:04 Cutter

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 3, 2015, 10:16:
Interesting, I don't even remember sharks in that show, although my laser-like focus allowed me to capture every detail of Katy Perry's legs.

You mean those tubes? Those aren't legs. It's simply amazing how far having a nice rack and being a cocktease can take a chick.

News Comments > Ubisoft Reinstates Far Cry 4 Keys
24. Re: Ubisoft Reinstates Far Cry 4 Keys Feb 3, 2015, 13:55 Cutter

PropheT wrote on Feb 3, 2015, 01:40:
As for the differences in pricing, there's taxes and tariffs on goods from different countries in virtually every country in the world. Even in a free country with a free market you'd get to deal with that, and you'd have the choice to get around it by buying from a grey market dealer and taking your chances... or if you disagree with the process, you're also always free to just not buy it in the first place.

You have zero clue of what you're talking about. Taxes and tariffs, are you fucking kidding me? I guess you've missed the last 40 years and a little thing we have called free trade. And even where there are local taxes they have absolutely zero to do with the rate at something is charged.

Pricing is based on the ability to pay. And they only do it as a way to combat piracy. Yet, it's the very thing that increases piracy. People can physically cross borders to buy items for cheaper, so why not online? Again, this only benefits the corporation, not the consumer.

Forget it, this obviously beyond your grasp.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 3, 2015, 13:47 Cutter

So the pigs can manufacture consent in order to violate your Constitutional rights? That's insane. The US is now literally one step away from the reality of Big Brother.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 3, 2015, 13:40 Cutter

Boggles the mind.

News Comments > WildStar Content Update
2. Re: WildStar Content Update Feb 3, 2015, 13:35 Cutter

Uh yeah. I can't imagine this will be around too much longer.

News Comments > Decay – The Mare Next Week
2. Re: Decay – The Mare Next Week Feb 3, 2015, 13:31 Cutter

You mean like this?

Robot Chicken - Apocalypse Pony

20. Re: Ubisoft Reinstates Far Cry 4 Keys Feb 2, 2015, 23:43 Cutter

NewMaxx wrote on Feb 2, 2015, 23:00:
Chain of blame:
#1 Owner of stolen credit card. Should become aware of it more quickly, or in the very least should use proper security precautions when shopping online...or just in general.
#2 Credit card company. Should be aware that buying bulk digital goods, likely unusual for most of the #1's, is a potentially fradulent activity much more quickly.
#3 EA/Origin. Point of sale, they should be careful selling in bulk and look for other unusual traffic patterns and sources. Just because they bought with "good" credit cards doesn't mean they weren't using proxies/VPNs that are pretty damn obvious.
#4 G2A/Kinguin/etc. Vendors who purchased these keys. Clearly liable, should always check their sources and be wary of something that's too good to be true.
#5 Buyers of the fradulent keys. You're going to a cheapskate site, know the risks. I personally would be upset if I found out my money was going towards criminal activities so directly.

There's at least 5 sources to blame BEFORE Ubisoft. Let me state from my legal experience that any fradulent or stolen goods, when confronted with the law and identified, can and will immediately be confiscated without any compensation. The fact Ubisoft was pressured to let it slide just illustrates how the common person views digital goods. Had these been games sold physically at a brick and mortar gaming store with all the other details the same, would you have the same reaction? Let me tell you from my experience (again) as a younger gamer back in the day, I dealt with a lot of shady places to get rare and imported games and if you get shafted, you get shafted. Blows my mind that people feel so entitled these days.

That being said, good move by Ubisoft, although they were likely PR pressured into it (albeit unfairly, IMHO). It's the right move to make but I still think it's ridiculous.

A) This never would have happened at a brick and mortar store.

B) Why are you blaming the consumer for wanting a fair shake?

All our lives we're told we live in free countries and how the free market is the best, and blah blah blah and it's all bullshit. There is no free market. In a free market you get the best product and/or service at the lowest possible price. Regional pricing is the antithesis of that. Why should I pay 20% more than my US counterparts, or 30% more than the Europeans or 50% more than the British? Why should the Mexicans and the Russians, etc. get to pay 75% less? Why should free trade only benefit big business? Why aren't these companies that can afford to pay for secure IT not doing so? How and why the fuck should this be our problem? You sound like a worse corporate shill than Troller.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 2, 2015, 22:30 Cutter

I wonder if Obama is finally kicking Wheeler in the ass. I can't see Wheeler doing this sort of thing on his own.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 2, 2015, 22:27 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Feb 2, 2015, 19:45:
Dish used “small business” discount to save $3 billion at taxpayer expense.
That's sleazy.

Ajit Pai, Repub member of FCC council:
Last year, I warned that @FCC's loosening of small business rules would be disaster. I didn't know I'd be this right.
Interesting that he called this out. Usually Repubs are pro-deregulation.

Heh, there's nothing noble about this. He's doing the bidding of his corporate masters at AT&T and Verizon. Damned if they're letting Dish get away with this. I'm guessing we'll see this invalidated and done again with some fines for Dish.

News Comments > White Night Next Month
2. Re: White Night Next Month Feb 2, 2015, 22:16 Cutter

You just have to give your head a shake when people do things like this. Monochrome? Seriously.

Anyway I only stopped by to make a joke about Mikhail Baryshnikov and Gregory Hines, but the moment has passed.

15. Re: Ubisoft Reinstates Far Cry 4 Keys Feb 2, 2015, 22:10 Cutter

You do know the vendor that accepted those credit cards is legally responsible, right? So, that's up to EA to make restitution to Ubisoft. Ubisoft doesn't have a legal leg to stand on to revoke those keys and is likely why they reinstated them. If they got sued, they would have lost.

This is EA's own fault for being so cheap with their security. And it's not like they lost dime one anyway as they're insured for this sort of thing regardless.

You should be glad that sites like G2A exist as they provide a somewhat more level playing field for consumers. Regional pricing is bullshit. It's legalized extortion and nothing more.

20028 Comments. 1002 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo