Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 23080 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > New Conan Game Planned
18. Re: Just curious Dec 18, 2015, 14:36 Cutter

ASeven wrote on Dec 18, 2015, 13:50:
Dreagon wrote on Dec 18, 2015, 12:57:
Since Conan was written in 1932, isn't it and its character out of copyright and in the public domain now?

If I'm not mistaken, all the original work by Robert E. Howard is now public domain. However the pastiches from other authors that came from his work are not.

And that's just ridiculous.

“There is no such thing as a weird human being. It’s just that some people require more understanding than others.” - Tom Robbins
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sword Coast Legends Free Weekend
5. Re: Sword Coast Legends Free Weekend Dec 17, 2015, 22:34 Cutter

Saboth wrote on Dec 17, 2015, 21:31:
How's the single player? I'm fine with it being a semi-ok D&D clone that feels like Diablo. I just have no interest in partying with anyone else.

Offline is fine. You can use 3 AI companions for modules or randomly generated dungeon crawls. This is one of the bad things however because it's so grindy.

“There is no such thing as a weird human being. It’s just that some people require more understanding than others.” - Tom Robbins

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 17, 2015, 21:06 Cutter

Yeah, interesting read. Must be so weird to be a real prodigy.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Dec 17, 2015, 20:22 Cutter

Granted I liked the original...preciely because I was a child and no one had ever seen anything like it in 1977. Empire was great and I liked it because it was the right kind flick for a 13 year old. Then I'm 16 watching ROTJ and thinking 'Wtf is this tripe?'

That's funny his dad took him to see Scarface as a kid, mine did too. Me and my best friend actually. One of those, 'Don't tell your mom we did this.' moments. Ahh, good times.

News Comments > COLECO Chameleon Announced
1. Re: COLECO Chameleon Announced Dec 17, 2015, 20:12 Cutter

Yeah. And guess who's going to be out of business by this time next year?

News Comments > Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Date, Specs
6. Re: Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Date, Specs Dec 17, 2015, 20:10 Cutter

4K Resolution! 60 FPS! And console graphics they didn't bother to touch. And is there some reason they can't state the AMD specs? Yeah, I'm thinking this is going to be a very lazy and cheap port. Caveat emptor.

News Comments > New AMD Crimson Drivers
3. Re: New AMD Crimson Drivers Dec 17, 2015, 20:04 Cutter

Rigs wrote on Dec 17, 2015, 19:59:
While being the biggest AMD whiner here, I'm loathe to hit that 'Update' button...at least until some other guinea pig tries them first. I have my system set just right and a bad driver update is gonna fuck with my OCD...

=-Rigs-=

I just did and it says everything is up to date. So it's not updating yet for whatever reason.

News Comments > Sword Coast Legends Free Weekend
1. Re: Sword Coast Legends Free Weekend Dec 17, 2015, 19:59 Cutter

It's moving in the right direction but still has a long way to go yet. So play it, but I'd advise against buying it. It may be worth a buy at some point down the line if they deliver everything they've promised. If you're looking for a new NWN, this ain't it. It's more of an ARPG with CRPG-lite elements. So if that's your thang then it'll be right up your alley.

News Comments > Star Citizen Procedurally Generated Planets
52. Re: Star Citizen Procedurally Generated Planets Dec 17, 2015, 17:05 Cutter

Vio wrote on Dec 17, 2015, 16:34:
Sigh, all we wanted was squadron 42 with some freelancer thrown in... but noooo.

According to the fanboys you really didn't. You wanted some MMO/FPS hybrid that ostensibly takes place in space, sorta kinda.

News Comments > Tencent Buys Remainder of Riot, League of Legends
6. Re: Tencent Buys Remainder of Riot, League of Legends Dec 17, 2015, 17:04 Cutter

And you just know that we're next. I think life as we knew it will pretty much be over by 2050. If mankind even survives until then.

39. Re: Star Citizen Procedurally Generated Planets Dec 17, 2015, 15:28 Cutter

AngelicPenguin wrote on Dec 17, 2015, 13:00:
Cutter wrote on Dec 17, 2015, 12:50:
Who cares? All people wanted

I shudder at the thought of you speaking for everyone.

Too bad. Life would be so much better if I were God.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 17, 2015, 13:13 Cutter

Yeah Quentin, I'm sure just as many if not more people would much rather see your flick than a new Star Wars. Rolleyes

Hah, hope they nail that greedy fucker to the wall. Couldn't happen to a more deserving asshole!

25. Re: Star Citizen Procedurally Generated Planets Dec 17, 2015, 12:50 Cutter

Who cares? So they're procedurally generating a big empty rock. Yeah, sounds like a barrel of laughs! So much fun to be had starting at nothing! All people wanted was a new WC/Freelancer and they're wasting god knows how much time and money on crap like this.

News Comments > Steam Winter Sale Next Week?
2. Re: Steam Winter Sale Next Week? Dec 17, 2015, 12:45 Cutter

MattyC wrote on Dec 17, 2015, 11:43:
The ad suggests there will be some incentive to giving or receiving a PayPal digital gift card during the sale

I hope not... I usually love the Steam sale, but I am not that interested in bringing PayPal into it.

I am, so I can use it on G2A.

And I thought they always start on a Wednesday as they don't do the regular Tuesday sales. Guess we'll see.

News Comments > Battlefleet Gothic: Armada Trailer
2. Re: Battlefield Gothic: Armada Trailer Dec 16, 2015, 20:24 Cutter

Worker: Alright now, you say that you witnessed your friend being abused by her parents.

Michael: Yes. They called her an emo.

Worker: What's wrong with that?

Michael: Emos suck! Their vile, self-pitying, depressed assholes!

Worker: So, why do you think they called her that?

Michael: Because she's Goth, and some ignorant people don't know the difference!

Worker: What is the difference?

Pete: Oh my God! They're totally different!

Worker: Okay, different how?

Pete: They're achm, you know, one is good and an' emos are horrible! You're, you know... They're posers!

Firkle: Emos suck my Goth balls.

Michael: Alright alright, think of it this way: a goth believes that deep down the world is totally fucked up. But an emo thinks that deep down, they are totally fucked up.

Worker: That's not much of a difference.

Pete: That's a huge fucking difference!

Michael: Okay okay, look, emos are more prone to suicide.

Pete: This fuckin' bitch, man.

Michael: But goths are more prone to be depressed that so many people commit suicide.

Pete: Goth's darkness is nihilistic whereas Emo's is cynical.

Michael: Wait, I thought we were cynical. ...What what whatever, it doesn't matter.

Pete: No, see, you're nihilistic.

Michael: Oh yeah, you're right.

4. Re: Into the Black Dec 16, 2015, 20:12 Cutter

Enh, I don't really care about Star Wars anyway. The only 3 things I ever liked related to it were ESB, the Thrawn trilogy, and the Tales of the Bounty Hunters. Everthing else is meh bleh bad fan fic geared solely toward merchandising IMO.

As for Lamebrams I just hate everything he does. He's a pretentious Michael Bay.

1. Re: Into the Black Dec 16, 2015, 17:16 Cutter

I'd be much more interested to see who could kill him first to prevent him from ever making anymore movies.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 16, 2015, 17:14 Cutter

And nary a person goes to jail. How much would it have cost them to dispose of it legally? I'm guessing more than the fine imposed so this just more typical corporate malfeasance as the "cost of doing business". And of course they'll end up appealing it and getting it knocked down to 100 bucks in the end, right?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 16, 2015, 13:03 Cutter

Dragline: Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Luke: Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 16, 2015, 12:56 Cutter

NetHead wrote on Dec 16, 2015, 12:26:
Armengar wrote on Dec 16, 2015, 10:37:
they have since reversed the block with another update. Free to use 3rd party now.

To bad for them, just as I wouldn't buy a machine from Keurig due to their coffee DRM, Philips will not be on my list when purchasing anything like this.

Sure I'm just one person, what do they care, regardless of how many others will or won't avoid brands or products due to moves like this, I certainly won't support such antics, or even attempts at it.

And look what happened to Keurig for their stupidity....

Keurig sold to private equity firm in wake of disastrous DRM scheme

23080 Comments. 1154 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo