Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 18929 (Ninja)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Mythos: The Beginning Trailer
3. Re: Mythos: The Beginning Trailer Oct 25, 2014, 16:50 Cutter

Concept good. Graphics and name bad.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 25, 2014, 13:14 Cutter

Yeah, going out for a little country drive today to take in the last of the fall foliage. Mebbe rake some leaves later. Going to a bit of a soiree this evening. Should be a good day.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
4. Re: Saturday Interviews Oct 25, 2014, 12:53 Cutter

How can an inanimate object be hostile to anyone? Just like a gun, it's merely a tool that's entirely about intent.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
1. Re: Saturday Metaverse Oct 25, 2014, 12:51 Cutter

All it proves is songs are overpriced at a buck a pop. People like to own shit. People don't like getting nickeled and dimed on needless subs.
Everyone seems to want to get their hand in your pocket for recurring monthly fees now. No thanks, just sell me your product and we're done.

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Demo
5. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Demo Oct 24, 2014, 21:19 Cutter

Ugh, stuck at low resolution due to some bug...along with 32 pages of other people in the Steam forum suffering the same problem. Not a good sign.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Oct 24, 2014, 20:21 Cutter

Wow, that must have scared the shit out of the driver!

News Comments > Hardland Early Access
1. Re: Hardland Early Access Oct 24, 2014, 20:18 Cutter

Got wood seeing Ultima and BAK. Promptly lost wood looking at the visuals. Sigh.

News Comments > Project CARS Halloween Trailer
1. Re: Project CARS Halloween Trailer Oct 24, 2014, 20:15 Cutter

Looking good.

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Demo
1. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Demo Oct 24, 2014, 20:12 Cutter

Whoa cool beans! A demo for this? That was unexpected.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 24, 2014, 17:52 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Oct 24, 2014, 16:26:
Cutter wrote on Oct 24, 2014, 14:16:
Wow, a soldier and reservist murdered in Canada this week and now some lunatic attacked cops with a hatchet in NYC today. Ebola looks to be spreading. Sigh. Things seems to be getting pretty crazy out there atm. Stay safe people.

Seriously? You're talking 2 people out of almost 400 million. And Ebola is not "spreading" in North America. It's arriving here from out of country and being dealt with. What the hell? Crime is as low as it has ever been. Disease is as controlled as it has ever been. Just because the media is hyping shit for clicks doesn't mean things are getting crazy. When did you start to buy into that bullshit?

There are serious problems out there. Global warming is already killing thousands and will result in the deaths of millions perhaps 100s of millions of people through drought, extreme weather, famine, flooding, war, etc. And there are many more: government corruption, corporate corruption, income inequality, poverty, healthcare failures, nuclear weapons, etc. etc. Don't be like the pilot who puts his attention on why the light on switch 17 is broken while his plane augers in.

Ebola is spreading in Africa and other people around the globe are contracting it. Bacteria and viruses are getting stronger while antibiotics are getting weaker. Antibiotic resistance is a major global problem that's only getting worse.

Crime reporting is down - and estimated 40% of all crime is never reported to begin with.

10 US Cities Where Violent Crime is Soaring.

And if crime is so low, how do you explain the booming prison population? Crime has fallen if anything because we live in a virtual police state now where you're always under surveillance. Makes it much more difficult to commit crime. So that's the tradeoff, safer society but at what price? The US is in a state of perpetual war now. There's always and enemy somewhere that must be fought. Oceania now exists.

So yeah, things are getting crazier out there. The sky may not be falling, but you really need to take off your rose coloured glasses and do a reality check because all those things you listed just futher exacerbate the problem and drive people to do crazy shit.

And now another school shooting today. Oh yeah, things are just peachy out there.

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Released
32. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Released Oct 24, 2014, 17:23 Cutter

Prez wrote on Oct 24, 2014, 17:17:
I was really impressed by the Total Biscuit video actually. Like Civ 5, I expect this game to really come into its own with expansions, so with that in mind I will wait before buying.

My thoughts exactly. While I'll grab it at some point, I'm in no rush.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 24, 2014, 14:16 Cutter

Wow, a soldier and reservist murdered in Canada this week and now some lunatic attacked cops with a hatchet in NYC today. Ebola looks to be spreading. Sigh. Things seems to be getting pretty crazy out there atm. Stay safe people.

News Comments > World of Warcraft AU Servers Planned
5. Re: World of Warcraft AU Servers Planned Oct 24, 2014, 13:58 Cutter

Little late isn't it?

News Comments > Outlast 2 Plans Revealed
3. Re: Outlast 2 Plans Revealed Oct 24, 2014, 13:57 Cutter

Yeah I've been saving it for Halloween so I think I'll start in on it today! Eeek! I'm scared!

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Released
10. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Released Oct 24, 2014, 12:21 Cutter

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 24, 2014, 11:24:
Let's hope there'll be an SDK.. because if CIV5 was any indication there'll be ZERO fundamentally different mods for this.

I watched a pretty long (3 hour) complete let's play and the game seems to be absolutely dumbed down. You basically control your advancement per research and quests (based on buildings you build and units you kill) ONLY. And Unit modification is only a dumbed down CIV5 perk system with a 2-way or 3-way unit upgrade choice when it comes down to it.

But what really bothered me was how lazy everything looked. The factions are cookie cutter identical, gone are the different city styles from Alpha Centauri per race (now only per affinity), the Aliens are Starship Trooper style cannon fodder (actually, literally starship trooper style bugs) and the various factions don't even have any identity: You could call them AI 1 AI 2 AI 3 and you'd not notice a difference between them. You won't get a angry letter that you just destroyed half the planets aliens... and the win screen doesn't even have sodding stats.

game devs becoming lazy and this is so clearly a CIV5 mod (where the modders got the actual SDK) that it is sad. This is nothing a mod team couldn't have done if there'd be a decent CIV5 SDK

All I got from watching that complete playthrough (on second highest difficulty I might add) was that I want to watch starship troopers again ;p

Would you like to know more?

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 23, 2014, 19:52 Cutter

What a load of horseshit! Every intelligent and right-thinking person loves the Green Bay Packers. They're the most loved team on the planet!

News Comments > Five Nights at Freddy's 2 Announced
9. Re: Five Nights at Freddy's 2 Announced Oct 23, 2014, 19:50 Cutter

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 11:58:
Wonder why this would need a greenlight campaign, I thought the first was considered a wild success. Also worth noting, it is stuff like this that makes Indy cool. Totally fresh idea, the first I'm speaking of.

A well worn fictional trope is hardly fresh.

News Comments > Arma III Free Weekend
8. Re: Arma III Free Weekend Oct 23, 2014, 19:47 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 19:43:
DangerDog wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 19:13:
Needs more jetpacks, and next gen AI fish.

Pony up $1M and they can do that for you.

I didn't realize Chris Roberts was involved with this as well.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
5. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 23, 2014, 11:32 Cutter

Good thing I lack empathy and don't care about this trumped up bullshit. Hrm, think I'll go have a slice of dolphin served between two puppies for lunch.

News Comments > Five Nights at Freddy's 2 Announced
1. Re: Five Nights at Freddy's 2 Announced Oct 23, 2014, 11:28 Cutter

Helicopter Pilot: We are now approaching our final destination, Itchy and Scratchy Land. The amusement park of the future where nothing can "possa-bly" go wrong. Uh, possibly go wrong. Huh, that's the first thing that's ever gone wrong.

18929 Comments. 947 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo