Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 19181 (Ninja)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped
175. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 17, 2014, 00:40 Cutter

Squirmer wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 00:29:
Probs the same reason they don't have you on ignore, even though you're literally an insane person.

This used to be a nice place until you asshole trolls and idiots showed up. One more moronic troll for the ignore list.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

174. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 17, 2014, 00:35 Cutter

WaltC wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 21:18:
walrus1 wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 20:37:

In this case he might be very well right. This is a case of fraud and might very well end up in court.

The only people class actions help are the attorneys who bring them...that is, if they can wrangle a settlement out of the company. The only certain thing about it all is that the bilked people wind up with little to nothing at all. Best plan: just don't put yourself in a position to get bilked. But if you've already paid, and you feel the company defrauded you by being less than honest--that is only true if they refuse to refund your money. If they offer you a refund then they haven't damaged you, but you can still sue--just be prepared to lose and eat a big lawyer fee at the end of it...;) Suing is a sucker's game all the way around, imo.

Oh, yea: a "Pledge" to pay is not the same thing as paying. Nor is a "Pledge" any sort of legally binding contract to pay, etc. If you've pledged but haven't yet paid you've lost nothing and certainly can hardly "ask for a refund"...Lol...;)

Only reason I brought this up is that some people are talking about having "pledged" as if they'd paid--once you pay, then the "pledge" is no more...;) If you've paid, then saying you've "pledged $5,000" is using exactly the wrong word--people pledge *before* they pay, and so on.

Wow, good thing you're not a lawyer. First, off people have been charged, so they've paid, so it's not a pledge. When the funding target is successful you get charged, that's how they get their money. Derp. Further a pledge is a contract. You're entering into an agreement to exchange money and/or goods for the same in return, that's a contract, sport. And when a someone changes those terms without the other party(s) agreeing, that's called breach of contract and it's civil law. If it's intentional then it's criminal because that's bait and switch. And when you do online or through any other form of media that's called wire fraud and when that crosses a state boundry it's called interstate wirefraud and that's criminally liable as well as civil. There's your law 101 education for today champ.

Legal Dictionary - Pledge

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

172. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 17, 2014, 00:20 Cutter

Dagnamit wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 22:46:
Goddam, another thread of people that hang out on the internet all day bitching about a game that forces you to hang out on the internet all day. Just accept that you have no power and no privacy and no choice. You'll be happier.

Troll harder. That's laughably untrue and everyone knows it.

170. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 17, 2014, 00:16 Cutter

walrus1 wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 20:37:
  • Beamer wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 20:29:
    Cutter wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 18:35:
    I was looking forward to this game. I was all set to buy it for Xmas. This is going to cost them a metric shit ton of sales. What happens to the company if the vast majority of backers demand their money back? Company folds then there's no game at all. Fuck if some lawsuits don't roll out from this.

We need to keep a running tally on how often Cutter claims there will be a class action lawsuit over something on the internet.
    Guy loves his lawsuits.

In this case he might be very well right. This is a case of fraud and might very well end up in court.

Yeah, because America isn't the land of lawsuits. Jesus, why do you people not have that troll on ignore?

145. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 16, 2014, 20:27 Cutter

Creston wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 18:49:
    Comet wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 18:37:
    But I also disagree that people should be upset when crowd funding projects don't deliver on all their promises.

Again, they would have known this LONG ago. They didn't make the decision to switch to a "the server does everything" model in the past few months. They made that decision basically all the way back in the beginning. Had they made the announcement then, it would have been quite a different story from them making it exactly one month before release.

Also, making it online-only means some people simply either can't play the game at all, or only sporadically, etc. People on satellite basically are screwed, because the latency would fuck everything.

I'd call that slightly more than a feature getting stripped out or a promise being broken. A portion of the backers backed this basically because he promised there would be an offline version of the game. He changes that promise with a month to go. I call that shitty. YMMV.

Exactly. Had they announced it was ODRM in the KS it would have never got funded to begin with. Even Ubisoft learned their lesson about this. How someone like these guys can't boggles the mind. Were they lying from the outset? Are they lying about the rest of the features too? How could you trust someone after something like this?

119. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 16, 2014, 18:35 Cutter

I was looking forward to this game. I was all set to buy it for Xmas. This is going to cost them a metric shit ton of sales. What happens to the company if the vast majority of backers demand their money back? Company folds then there's no game at all. Fuck if some lawsuits don't roll out from this.

118. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 16, 2014, 18:27 Cutter

Creston wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 17:34:
    Suppa7 wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 17:05:
    steam has single handedly ruined things like level editing and game modification the culture of DRM that started with MMO's and Steam has lead to the locking down of games.

What the hell are you talking about? Are you aware that there is this thing called Steam Workshop?

Where you can go to download additional content, created by the community/modders, and auto-subscribe to it?

Lol, yeah. Too bad Skyrim can't be modded, eh? It would be so much better if it you could get those mods though Steam...oh wait!

116. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 16, 2014, 18:26 Cutter

Lord Tea wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 17:13:
    Cutter wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 16:49:
    Spot on assessment. That's why I'm waiting for the delicious shitstorm that's going to come when Roberts pulls this shit. I fully expected this from Roberts from the get-go which is why I didn't back it, but I didn't think Braben would pull this shit. What a bone-headed move! Unless they do a 180 in double-quick time this will bankrupt them and they'll never make another game again because no one would but it. Stupid is, as stupid does sir.

One would think that Roberts is drowning in cash already but if Braben gets away with this shit Roberts might get the same or a similar "brilliant" idea - can't have enough money, can you?

Anyways, I'm so glad I didn't back this game (and I was so close to doing it) and I've already removed it from my to-buy list.

I still say he's taken private money from a publisher(s) or investors who are going to expect some large, continual returns and just hasn't been honest about...yet. That's why I fully expect this to happen with Star Shitizen.

81. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 16, 2014, 16:49 Cutter

Suppa7 wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 14:06:
    Wow nice to see game devs true faces, but let's be frank these developers are without a publisher and now they want to "get on the money train" by using fans to fund their desire for wealth. It would be have been better to tell fans that they want DRM to sales for the sales window and patch it out then just pull this shit. I can understand where devs are coming from but people are paying.

The devs want the analytics data to see who plays elite and what their skills are so they can market it down for the masses for their next game. That's what the DRM is really for sadly besides trying to get in on the micro-transaction bandwagon.

Same thing happened with Planetary annihilation. Developers are jealous of all that stupid money from F2P and microtransactions from MMO/F2P land. I wish humanity wasn't such a race of fucking mouthbreathing retards.

Spot on assessment. That's why I'm waiting for the delicious shitstorm that's going to come when Roberts pulls this shit. I fully expected this from Roberts from the get-go which is why I didn't back it, but I didn't think Braben would pull this shit. What a bone-headed move! Unless they do a 180 in double-quick time this will bankrupt them and they'll never make another game again because no one would but it. Stupid is, as stupid does sir.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
    7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 16, 2014, 16:44 Cutter

HL2 was not as good as its predecessor however. I mean, just the intro to HL is still one of my faves ever.

And RIP Mr. Larson. That man created most of my favourite shows growing up. He made TV fun.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
    30. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 15, 2014, 21:23 Cutter

ViRGE wrote on Nov 15, 2014, 08:11:
    Bingo.

Spotify simply charges too little for what they offer. They've killed the need to buy CDs (or MP3s) and the amount of money they bring in is not nearly as much as those previous services were bringing in.

Music is cheaper and more accessible than any time before, which is great for you and me. But it's a real problem for the artists.

Yeah, 500k for a few hours actual work. Wow, life must be just grueling.

News Comments > etc.
    5. Re: etc. Nov 15, 2014, 17:13 Cutter

I may be center left but I agree the CBC - along with Canada Post, liquor agencies, etc. - should all be privatized and open up to competition. And I saw a great bumper sticker today we all should get "Abolish the Senate!"

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Preloads
    22. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Preloads Nov 15, 2014, 01:39 Cutter

Paranoid Jack wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 23:39:
    Damn you all! Between the coverage here and the recent video reviews I couldn't help myself. I got caught up in the hype.

I feel badly about this weakness of mine... yet I caved and bought the game on Origins. Something I had sworn never to do. After they wiped my BF3 account. Even though the agent made it up to me in a big way a month or two later. He gave me three games if I remember correctly. On Origin of course.

I'm preloading and hoping that is 9pm east coast time?

You're a weak, weak man. Just like Gerald Broflovski and cheesing.

I could't stay away. Curse your rockin' tits!

News Comments > Into the Black
    1. Re: Into the Black Nov 14, 2014, 20:21 Cutter

Your life is pretty much over if you can't laugh at Uranus jokes. Don't tell me they didn't know what they were doing when they named it!

News Comments > etc., etc.
    1. Re: etc., etc. Nov 14, 2014, 20:19 Cutter

Why are they giving these clowns press? Blue, don't feed the trolls.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
    1. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 14, 2014, 20:15 Cutter

Dr. Oz is a snake oil salesman who should have his license pulled.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Preloads
    2. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Preloads Nov 14, 2014, 20:09 Cutter

Cool beans. The rest of eagerly await the impressions of you who have taken the plunge.  

News Comments > Defenders of Time Demo
    1. Re: Defenders of Time Demo Nov 14, 2014, 20:07 Cutter

If I could turn back time....

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
    13. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 14, 2014, 15:08 Cutter

Everything is about muffins and kids with cancer! But as per this discussion it's about bone-headed business moves that thinking making something that sells well exclusive and limited while the rest of their shit just sits on the shelves not selling.

And for the record, my mom died while looking after a kid with leukemia, you bastards!
    Bawling

News Comments > Star Citizen 8GB Requirement Won't Change "Any Time Soon"; DX10 Support Unlikely
    31. Re: Star Citizen 8GB Requirement Won't Change Nov 14, 2014, 15:01 Cutter

Don't kid yourself. Consoles still rule - in most publishers and devs minds - so 6 gigs will be the norm for at least another 5 years. If this isn't the last console cycle - and let's hope it is - then it'll go to 16 gigs at that time. 32 or 64? Sure in 20 or 30 years.

19181 Comments. 960 pages. Viewing page 18.
    < Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo