Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 23084 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
39. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 21, 2015, 17:29 Cutter

RoboNerd wrote on Dec 21, 2015, 16:07:
Cutter wrote on Dec 21, 2015, 13:48:
Donald Trump circa 1998

I see this one is making the rounds. How perfect - nevermind true - is that?

Sorry Cutter, but Snopes says this one is bogus...

Even if he didn't say it, the sentiment is true. If I was an immoral man I could have easily become a rich and famous right-wing extremist talk show host. The more extreme, virulent, and asinine the claim, the more they love it.

“There is no such thing as a weird human being. It’s just that some people require more understanding than others.” - Tom Robbins
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 21, 2015, 13:48 Cutter

Donald Trump circa 1998

I see this one is making the rounds. How perfect - nevermind true - is that?

“There is no such thing as a weird human being. It’s just that some people require more understanding than others.” - Tom Robbins

14. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 21, 2015, 13:42 Cutter

Stephen, when I was out yesterday I came across this, so I stopped to snap a pic.

Heaslip Lane

12. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 21, 2015, 13:29 Cutter

I'm moving to the Dark Side with Cutter and don't plan on seeing another JJ Abrams film. This despite loving the first Star Trek reboot.

That's because the studios and guys like Lamebrams aren't making those flicks for the original geeks that knew and loved them. It's like Marvel films. They sanitize them and turn them into theme park adventures for the lowest common denominator. It wasn't that long ago people would look at you sideways if you told them you were a geek into games, Star Trek, comics, etc. now it's all something of an imperial cult where you're the odd duck if you don't love this commercialized crap.

I'd have no problem with it if it was quality work and people were being legitimate geeks, but it's as you said, bad fanfic at best.

News Comments > Division Leaked Alpha Footage
6. Re: Division Leaked Alpha Footage Dec 21, 2015, 12:59 Cutter

Yeah, this is just like No Man's Sky. I went from 'Wow, this is amazeballs!' at announcement to 'Hrm, I dunno.' as it unfolds.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2015, 18:01 Cutter

GinRummy wrote on Dec 20, 2015, 14:17:
I've been fairly near a power transformer (those gray cylinders on poles) a couple times when they blew up from overloads. Very loud and scary. Several vids on youtube of stuff like this.

Are you sure they weren't robots in disguise?

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2015, 03:13 Cutter

Caslon wrote on Dec 20, 2015, 01:25:
One source is saying he won't do any jail time, just a hefty fine. He considers that part of doing business.

Normally yeah. However, this guy pissed off everyone including those in the corridors of power. Which is probably why he got popped. I'd be surprised if they didn't make something of an example of him.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 19, 2015, 22:43 Cutter

QFT....

Once again we have law enforcement being used by private enterprise to deal with purely civil matters.

Big brother is watching.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
4. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Dec 19, 2015, 22:41 Cutter

It's all political grandstanding anyway. They could change the laws whenever they like to do away with this nonsense but they never do. They just posture for the sake of political theater.

The smart thing to do is the same thing like that town in Ireland. If I was making enough I'd look into setting myself up as a offshore entity too.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 19, 2015, 17:05 Cutter

"Noooooo!", "This is sooooo f—ed up!" and "You're ruining my life!" can be heard among the voices in the crowds.

That's just so terribly sad on so many levels.

Martin Shkreli Resigns From His Horrible Drug Company

And that's so amazingly awesome on so many levels.

Ahh life, it giveth and taketh away.

And re: that artilce this is the perfect comment....

This motherfucker is THE REASON why you should never trust anyone who claims that the government, healthcare, schools, or whatever should be run “like a business.”

News Comments > Mafia 3 Footage
10. Re: Mafia 3 Footage Dec 19, 2015, 16:57 Cutter

Enh. I really wish they would have carried Vito's story forward. I'd much rather play a continuation of him 20 years later in Empire City during the 60s. See him as a boss of his own territory and tie it with a Bobby Kennedy type storyline of the gov't trying to crack down on the mob. I'm sure I'll grab this at some point, maybe a GOTY edition later on. No way it's a day one for me.

P.S.: Maybe have Joe's kid show up unannounced looking to get into the mob. So many things they could have done with it.

News Comments > American Truck Simulator in February
5. Re: American Truck Simulator in February Dec 19, 2015, 03:59 Cutter

Flatline wrote on Dec 18, 2015, 22:58:
California will offer a lot of pretty country to drive through if it's anything even remotely close to accurate.

It will also offer the I-5. AKA like 8-12 hours of absolutely flat uninteresting driving with minimal bends in the road and no interesting landscape to look at. Hope you have a good road music mix.

Bah, I've driven the I-5 top to bottom a buncha times and there's plenty of nice terrain to see. Mount Shasta Californy, always being my favourite view coming into or leaving the state.

You want flat, straight, and boring? Try driving the Trans Canada through Saskatchewan. It's actually kind of surreal. Just hours and hours of nothing but wheat fields. Goddamn there's a lot of wheat there.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Dec 18, 2015, 23:01 Cutter

What Star Wars is really about.

Hahahaha!

News Comments > Rocket League Nears $50M
7. Re: Rocket League Nears $50M Dec 18, 2015, 20:39 Cutter

Those are some seriously impressive sales numbers. I can't imagine this thing cost very much to make either.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 18, 2015, 20:36 Cutter

Cabezone wrote on Dec 18, 2015, 19:01:
I love how Cutter thought we didn't understand his point and tried to explain himself.

Well, in all fairness, a lot of you are that stupid, yes.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 18, 2015, 20:33 Cutter

I never understood how they allowed this bullshit of slipping bills into other ones to get passed when they couldn't pass on their own. Why can't they simply be removed. One thing obviously has nothing to do with the other.

And Rolleyes at Paul and Fiorina for their opposite reality bullshit. Anyone too stupid to understand political tactics like that shouldn't be allowed to vote to begin with.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 18, 2015, 20:23 Cutter

It's an excellent article that raises a lot of valid points. I don't think it's really going to work until all the cars on the road are autonomous.

News Comments > American Truck Simulator in February
2. Re: American Truck Simulator in February Dec 18, 2015, 20:07 Cutter

DangerDog wrote on Dec 18, 2015, 18:27:
I'm going for the full immersive effect, greasy fast food, hookers and plenty of drugs.

That would be so awesome if they included that stuff. I'll be looking to make a list of trucker songs like Covoy and Drivin My Life Away. I hope as they expand it this will mean professionally done weather and seasons finally. That's the biggest part missing of ETS2.

This comment was edited on Dec 19, 2015, 03:51.

News Comments > UnderRail Released
2. Re: UnderRail Released Dec 18, 2015, 20:04 Cutter

Yeah, except for the font. Just watching that trailer that was my first thought, 'Wow, awful font.' And that seems to be a common complaint that it makes reading all the text a real PITA - which is not good for a CRPG. Enh, I'll give it a go at some point.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 18, 2015, 17:09 Cutter

Blue wrote on Dec 18, 2015, 15:38:
Cutter wrote on Dec 18, 2015, 14:44:
Spoilers? Gee, let me guess. The good guys win this film. The bad guys win the next. Then the good guys win the final showdown. Or it's going to be a draw for a few films so they can keep milking the cow before the inevitable conclusion where the good guys ultimately win, right? The only way there could ever possibly be any kind of spoiler for Star Wars is if the Empire wins in the end. Anything else is just filler until the final film.

You are officially the King of Fun.

Oh come on, man. I was just trafficking in the obvious. Read Joseph Campbell's - The Hero with a Thousand Faces sometime.

The Hero with a Thousand Faces (first published in 1949) is a seminal work of comparative mythology by Joseph Campbell. In this book, Campbell discusses his theory of the journey of the archetypal hero found in world mythologies.

Since publication of The Hero with a Thousand Faces, Campbell's theory has been consciously applied by a wide variety of modern writers and artists. The best known is perhaps George Lucas, who has acknowledged Campbell's influence on the Star Wars films.

It's exactly what Star Wars is. It's the monomyth.

In laying out the monomyth, Campbell describes a number of stages or steps along this journey. The hero starts in the ordinary world, and receives a call to enter an unusual world of strange powers and events (a call to adventure). If the hero accepts the call to enter this strange world, the hero must face tasks and trials (a road of trials), and may have to face these trials alone, or may have assistance. At its most intense, the hero must survive a severe challenge, often with help earned along the journey. If the hero survives, the hero may achieve a great gift (the goal or "boon"), which often results in the discovery of important self-knowledge. The hero must then decide whether to return with this boon (the return to the ordinary world), often facing challenges on the return journey. If the hero is successful in returning, the boon or gift may be used to improve the world (the application of the boon).

Christ, anyone with high school English should be familiar with this. Anyone with half a brain should be able to guess almost exactly how these films will unfold. It's not rocket surgery. So all the people spazzing out about "spolers" is just laughably sad.

23084 Comments. 1155 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo