Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Nashville, TN 02/27

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 20028 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > PC Assassin's Creed Rogue Next Month
1. Re: PC Assassin's Creed Rogue Next Month Feb 5, 2015, 19:52 Cutter

Are you interested in this? No? Didn't think so.

"We choose the right to be who we are. We know the difference between the reality of freedom and the illusion of freedom."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 5, 2015, 19:51 Cutter

Anthem is now in full damage control mode. The company has issued a statement that begins "Safeguarding your personal, financial and medical information is one of our top priorities, and because of that, we have state-of-the-art information security systems to protect your data. However, despite our efforts, Anthem was the target of a very sophisticated external cyber attack".

Heh, yeah. Sure. Pull the other one, it's got bells on it. I'd love to see what percentage of their annual budget goes to IT security. I'd be amazed if it was even 1%.

Saboth, talk to your local government and state consumer watchdogs. You should also check with whatever you have their for a law society as they generally provide free referrals for free consultations with the appropriate lawyers. As you said, this is something that could very seriously impact you and your family for the long run so it's worth looking into. I wouldn't settle for anything less than lifetime protection either.

The government has to get serious about this stuff and start mandating that these huge corps - particularly ones with sensitive information like health care, insurance, etc. - are doing enough. There should be annual audits and levels of compliance in order for them to keep doing business. The loss of this sort of information can be detrimental on all kinds of levels.

"We choose the right to be who we are. We know the difference between the reality of freedom and the illusion of freedom."

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. removed Feb 4, 2015, 23:04 Cutter

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Feb 5, 2015, 08:44.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Feb 4, 2015, 23:03 Cutter

Fell into a coma from an allergic reaction from a simple medical procedure? Wow! I'm curious what it was. Obviously it wasn't so simple. That's too bad, I quite enjoyed RvB when it first came out.

News Comments > etc., etc.
28. removed Feb 4, 2015, 22:59 Cutter

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Feb 5, 2015, 07:20.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Feb 4, 2015, 19:10 Cutter

The only thing this demonstrates is what a liberal bastion Harvard is, and how dumb they are. Hey Harvard, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd love to sell you cheap.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 4, 2015, 19:08 Cutter

Who were Ulbricht's lawyers? Remind me to never hire those guys. Wow, did he ever make a mistake hiring them. That was their defense strategy? A few character witnesses saying what a nice guy he is - in spite of paying 650k to have some people murdered?

Heavily regulating the Internet for the first time is unnecessary and counterproductive. It is unnecessary because all participants in the Internet ecosystem support an open Internet, and the FCC can address any harmful behavior without taking this radical step. Moreover, Congress is working on legislation that would codify open Internet rules once and for all. It is counterproductive because heavy regulation of the Internet will create uncertainty and chill investment among the many players—not just Internet service providers—that now will need to consider FCC rules before launching new services.

Open internet, eh? If that were the case you wouldn't now be in this position, would you Verizon? Hell, I'd like to see internet the world over deemed an essential service and provided as muni broadband everywhere. Fuck these robber barons and the horse they rode in on.

So it's going to be Title II lite? Enh, better than nothing I guess, but still not far enough.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 4, 2015, 18:49 Cutter

walrus1 wrote on Feb 4, 2015, 18:08:
Will someone explain why the pre-ground ultra expensive DRM locked coffee scam machine is better than my 10+ year old coffee machine which grinds fresh beans? Seriously is it a lazy thing or am I just not getting the taste?

I use a French press and espresso machine myself so I couldn't tell you. It does come down to laziness however. Christ, there's just so much in our society that's disposable it's disgusting. I try very hard to avoid all that sort of crap myself.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 4, 2015, 18:43 Cutter

Don't forget Bang Ding Ow and Captain Sum Ting Wong.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
5. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 4, 2015, 18:40 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Feb 4, 2015, 17:59:
nin wrote on Feb 4, 2015, 17:41:
Zelnick on Evolve DLC: 'Controversy, generally, is a good thing.'

Good luck, asshole.

What's the old saw? "There's no such thing as bad publicity." Does that still apply in the age of the internet?

That's still one of the dumbest maxims of all time. Plenty of people who are unemployed, in prison, dead, etc. will tell you that's there's such a thing and it can fuck up your life royally. We can only hope this is the case here to send TT a message to fuckoff with this sort of shit. Otherwise we're screwed in short order.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Feb 4, 2015, 18:36 Cutter

Roadrunner, if he catches you you're through....

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Grow Home
1. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Grow Home Feb 4, 2015, 18:31 Cutter

Grow Home? Grow Op? BUD? Bud? This game is totes about getting high.

News Comments > Mortal Kombat X Specs
2. Re: Mortal Kombat X Specs Feb 4, 2015, 18:29 Cutter

I'd buy it if the statue was a Mortal Wombat.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 4, 2015, 16:08 Cutter

Sell it for a dollar. It's legal and no tax problems. It's not complicated, I've done it myself. People do it all the time.

And no, he didn't deserve MVP. Not saying the kid did for one key play either but let's face it, had he not made that play it would probably be Lynch or Wilson's truck right now. I've just seen a lot of chatter out there that a lot of people agree that Brady should give him the truck.

News Comments > Game Reviews
11. Re: Game Reviews Feb 4, 2015, 15:50 Cutter

DAI was good, not great. It also depends on what you expect and want out of a CRPG. I didn't care for the combat and classes - I'm just too old school D&D in that regard. I did enjoy the story and some of the side quests - beyond the grindy fetch filler. I enjoyed the world itself immensely. It's a wonderful, well designed, very beautiful place to explore and I still haven't seen most of it. A few zones I skipped entirely on my first playthrough.

Just finished another run of SR:D and loved it. I am totes down for HK. DOS I like, but I agree it's not great, just decent. W2 wasn't bad but it's been the biggest let down so far, it's pretty meh. All I can say is PoE better be effing good seeing as it's coming in a year late.

News Comments > Valve on the Future of High Performance Graphics
32. Re: Valve on the Future of High Performance Graphics Feb 4, 2015, 15:39 Cutter

DangerDog wrote on Feb 4, 2015, 15:24:
If this is just for SteamOS then there's not much to celebrate, you're just trading off one closed system for another, inferior one. If they intend to bring this to all platforms like someone else mentioned then I wish them all the luck in the world convincing big studios to make the switch.

Exactly. Why on earth would I want a SteamOS to begin with? Windows just isn't for games, people do use it to do actual work. If Valve wants to impress me than allow me to sell my games I don't want. Otherwise, it's like you said, it's just another closed system with none of the upsides of Windows to boot.

News Comments > Underworld Ascendant Kickstarter
14. Re: Underworld Ascendant Kickstarter Feb 4, 2015, 15:33 Cutter

I don't recall ever talking about gameplay over graphics. I think the visuals are just as important seeing as that's the medium. Otherwise go play a MUD or PnP. Hell, they can use UE4 for free and only have to cough up 5% of sales. It doesn't get any better than that. So there's no reason it can't be gorgeous and fun. Yes, I like beautiful things, so sue me.

News Comments > Underworld Ascendant Kickstarter
2. Re: Underworld Ascendant Kickstarter Feb 4, 2015, 12:08 Cutter

Is it just me or does 600k seem woefully inadequate for a project like this? And I have to admit that visually the demo does not look good. It looks like it's already a decade old. Please tell me they're going to be using something like UE4.

Wow, 2 10K backers already, eh? Garriot and Long I'm guessing?

News Comments > Supreme League of Patriots Released
1. Re: Supreme League of Patriots Released Feb 4, 2015, 11:57 Cutter

Wow! That's just...awful. Yeah, that's the word I'm looking for, awful.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 4, 2015, 11:55 Cutter

We don't have Papa Johns here so I've never tried their pizza. It's ok as I prefer classic Neopolitan pizza anyway.

And I hope Brady isn't just talking shit to save face here. I don't understand how he has to look into this. Just sign it over and give the kid the keys. How hard is that?

20028 Comments. 1002 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo