Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 18667 (Ninja)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen's $55M Sets Crowdfunding Record
30. Re: Star Citizen's $55M Sets Crowdfunding Record Oct 1, 2014, 14:51 Cutter

LurkerLito wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 13:47:
Tumbler wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 12:36:
As SC is supposed to be an online game with a persistent online universe that could be a major problem but so far they've proved themselves to be able to adapt to player feedback and with a budget this large they can afford to bring in huge updates and change the things that don't work for players.
No it wasn't suppose to be an online game, here is their Kickstarter page that I backed:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cig/star-citizen?ref=nav_search
The emphasis is:
  • Single Player Offline or Online(Drop in / Drop out co-op play)

• Squadron 42 - A Wing Commander style single player mode, playable OFFLINE if you want
  • From their FAQ:
    Star Citizen will take the best of all possible worlds, ranging from a permanent, persistent world similar to those found in MMOs to an offline, single player campaign like those found in the Wing Commander series. The game will include the option for private servers, like Freelancer, and will offer plenty of opportunities for players who are interested in modding the content. Unlike many games, none of these aspects is an afterthought: they all combine to form the core of the Star Citizen experience.
    So far they aren't delivering anything in regards to the single player game. The trading, the traveling to worlds, the exploration, the game economy. All we have is a simple multiplayer dog fight sim, single player bot arena match and some racing thing. That is pretty unacceptable to me given 2 years. While I understand that these things take time, there hasn't been even a hint at the single player portion of the game. All we get is "Here is a new ship you can buy with real money so we can get another million this week." If you look at the kickstarter page you can see they were estimating a November 2014 release date. For what they have delivered so far that was a grossly negligent estimate. I mean if they estimated to ship by next month, I would have expected them to at the very least have all the modules in Alpha by now and expect some delays. But they don't even have an alpha part of the single player, the trading, or even the traveling to other worlds part.

Spot on. That's why the game has become 'Let's see how long we can milk this.' Until the well runs dry I wouldn't expect much actual product to arrive. And even then I'll bet dollars to donuts the focus will be on the MMO part of the game - and heavily monetized at that - with SQ42 arriving very late and very short.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.
    Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
    2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 1, 2014, 11:24 Cutter

Good friend of mine went to 'Havad' on a scholarship - lucky swine! I would have dearly loved to do a degree at their JFK school of governance - that or Johns Hopkins. Oh well, c'est la vie, n'est pas?

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
    1. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 1, 2014, 11:21 Cutter

Was this clause bold and seperate or buried in the boilerplate? Let's face it most people don't bother looking at the EULA or skim the privacy section at best. Not much of an experiment if it's the latter.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
    1. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 1, 2014, 11:18 Cutter

Offworld Trading sounds pretty sweet. Hope it turns out well.

News Comments > Op Ed
    7. Re: Op Ed Oct 1, 2014, 11:15 Cutter

Even a stopped clock gives the right time twice a day, so Pachter getting one right isn't impossible. And it's not like this is difficult to forsee if you stop and think about for a minute. For those who think this is the next big thing I ask, 'How's 3D workin' out for ya?' Wry

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
    1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 1, 2014, 11:13 Cutter

Interesting premise at any rate.

News Comments > Civilization: Beyond Earth Trailer
    5. Re: Civilization: Beyond Earth Trailer Oct 1, 2014, 11:11 Cutter

Yeah, even though Civ is my most played game evar Ima wait and see on this. With Civ 5 it took 3 major expansions and numerous patches to get it to where it should have been to begin with. If this is more of the same I'll hold off for a year or two.

News Comments > Star Citizen's $55M Sets Crowdfunding Record
    10. Re: Star Citizen's $55M Sets Crowdfunding Record Oct 1, 2014, 11:08 Cutter

Just get a basic functional game out there and the tools you need to add-on/in to it. Then start churning out your promised addons and future DLC. It's not rocket surgery!

I'm tending to agree with the perspective now it's more about how long he can milk this than delivering something 'complete'.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
    3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 30, 2014, 21:28 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 17:29:
    Threaten someone that specifically, and expect to go to jail. Am I missing something here? Not sure the first amendment would apply if this were in the USA.

I don't see where he broke the law from the example they gave. A threat is personal. 'You better watch it or I'm going to kill you' vs. 'You better watch it or someone will kill you' is different in the eyes of the law - the first being illegal and the second being legal because it's indirect.

I hate these half-stories. Give us more examples. Why the hell was he doing it in the first place?

News Comments > RIFT: Nightmare Tide Open Beta Now; Launch Next Week
    5. Re: RIFT: Nightmare Tide Open Beta Now; Launch Next Week Sep 30, 2014, 21:24 Cutter

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 20:11:
    I didnt have News.. I had a comment

Sure you did, the news was it was the wrong video. Anyway, you can use blue@bluesnews.com too.

News Comments > Into the Black
    3. Re: Into the Black Sep 30, 2014, 20:10 Cutter

I love how the English pronounce it 'stewpid'.

News Comments > RIFT: Nightmare Tide Open Beta Now; Launch Next Week
    2. Re: RIFT: Nightmare Tide Open Beta Now; Launch Next Week Sep 30, 2014, 20:06 Cutter

Look up to the left hand corner. Now look a bit right and slightly down. See "Send News" and "Read This"? There ya go, champ.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 30, 2014, 15:41 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 14:31:
    Half the world's wildlife gone over last 40 years. Oops.

On the plus side, the human population has tripled in that time, so at least all that space isn't going to waste.

Was listening to this today. They stated that the US still has the largest carbon footprint and if everyone lived as the average American we'd need 4 earths minimum to support that lifestyle. As the world is now - and headed - we need two. I'm calling WW III by 2050. Fallout is finally going to happen. Life imitating art because war, war never changes.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released
    42. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released Sep 30, 2014, 15:34 Cutter

Orc orc orcity orc orc!

News Comments > Into the Black
    2. Re: Into the Black Sep 30, 2014, 00:41 Cutter

Reboot of Knight Rider on the way?

News Comments > Outland Released on Steam
    2. Re: Outland Released on Steam Sep 30, 2014, 00:36 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Sep 29, 2014, 23:07:
    Aw, man. I was hoping for an action-stealth-mystery game based on the Sean Connery movie.

That'd make a bloody marvelous game.

News Comments > Visceral: Battlefield Hardline "Will Work"
    22. Re: Visceral: Battlefield Hardline Sep 29, 2014, 15:43 Cutter

Creston wrote on Sep 29, 2014, 11:50:
    Talk is cheap. As is EA's quality assurance.

There QA isn't the problem, it's management as always. At EA it simply comes down to a ship date regardless of how many bugs are left. They don't care about the volume of bugs, only crash bugs. So long as it's stable-ish then 'ship that fucker' is there motto!

4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2014, 10:24 Cutter

All good series generally take about 3 seasons before they hit they stride, so unless they have some real longevity they're generally ending too soon.

News Comments > etc.
    1. Re: etc. Sep 29, 2014, 10:22 Cutter

Wow, the Cap is still alive and kickin', eh? Phreaking is what got me interested in computers to begin with.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
    1. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 29, 2014, 10:12 Cutter

Would be nice, Tim, but that ship has sailed.

The problem isn't AT&T so much as it's the governments they're buying off. If the voters in those districts won't do anything about it then it's their own fault. If you don't care about democracy you don't deserve it and won't have it.

18667 Comments. 934 pages. Viewing page 16.
    < Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo