Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 23080 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2015, 14:54 Cutter

OK, PC question time....

I got my new CPU installed without a hitch, yay! Pulled the rig apart gave it a good cleaning blew everything out. And doesn't it always suck when you put them back together and then it doesn't work, so again, yay when it does.

So the BIOS sees the CPU ok - AMD FC-8350 8 core 4Ghz. However, it shows my Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1866 RAM as 1333, and it's currently running at 1559. When I look at the memory profile it shows that in - I think - JCP it displays as 1333 but in XMP it shows 1866. I seem to recall having this issue when I first set this rig up last year - as everything was new except the CPU and GPU.

I set the mem spd to 1866 but it doesn't seem to make a lick of difference. Any ideas? The board is an ASUs M5A97 R2.0.

Also, how crazy is this weather? I actually did this on my outside workbench in t-shirt. It's 12C atm, and supposed to be 14C tomorrow, yowsa!

“There is no such thing as a weird human being. It’s just that some people require more understanding than others.” - Tom Robbins
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Dec 23, 2015, 11:43 Cutter

We had joy, we had fun, we had seasons in the sun....

“There is no such thing as a weird human being. It’s just that some people require more understanding than others.” - Tom Robbins

News Comments > Steam Winter Sale
47. Re: Steam Winter Sale Dec 23, 2015, 01:37 Cutter

Acleacius wrote on Dec 22, 2015, 22:05:
Just bought a game from GOG. Then tried buy 2 games from G2A, for the fist time. Got a message saying the credit card failed, 4 times and no luck. I called the cc company, they said no problems and they are not denying it. 20 minutes on Live Chat with G2A support, they told me to call the cc company. Middlefinger . Guess I'll try Kinguin.

Are you doing it through Paypal? Might want to double check with your CC provider's security because the same shit happened to me at first. Turns out G2A is flagged in their database so there was, in fact, some sort of block. They removed it and it's worked fine since.

News Comments > Diablo III Season 5 Overview
4. Re: Diablo III Season 5 Overview Dec 22, 2015, 21:22 Cutter

Rhett wrote on Dec 22, 2015, 20:06:
It is a fun game, but they should just move on already. It's had a fantastic run (since the AH was taken out), but it needs more features. And necromancers, dammit. Screw the witch doctor!

Heh, give this a watch....

De Staat - Witch Doctor

37. Re: Steam Winter Sale Dec 22, 2015, 21:11 Cutter

Most games you're barely getting started by the 2 hour mark. There's no way to know if it's going to be a fair assessment in so short a time. And not to mention EA games where the devs may suddenly change or abandon the game completely. Christ, it's easier to take stuff back to Walmart after you've already used it for a few weeks. And it's not like anything is used up, it's just a sale that a dev didn't deserve - in the opinion of said consumer.

It would be different if we could resell our games - and that's something else that needs to change. Yet, we can't so I'd say that the laws need to favour consumers considerably more - as they do in a lot of other places on the planet.

29. Re: Fallout 4?! Dec 22, 2015, 18:19 Cutter

Jagacademy wrote on Dec 22, 2015, 15:02:
Cutter wrote on Dec 22, 2015, 13:50:

Buy it on G2A for 40ish % off.

Can I add it to my Steam library if purchasing through G2A?

Yeah, it's just people selling keys from other regions where they get regional pricing deals - most are Steam, some are Uplay, etc. It shows you if someone is selling a Steam gift or key. Doesn't really matter as some people win stuff or gifted stuff they sell instead as you see that for a lot of beta codes from vid cards and stuff.

Just make sure you buy the insurance - which is like a buck. I've bought a dozen'ish games with them so far and only 1 key didn't work so with the insurance they refunded me immediately. I have zero complaints with G2A and a lot of love for them so far.

There's Kinguin too but I find G2A is better most of the time.

And also google "g2a promo code" or discount code which you can usually find a 3%-5% off savings code which basically pays for the insurance. So really it'll only cost you the $1.50ish that Paypal dings you, so it's a good score anyway you slice it.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 22, 2015, 18:02 Cutter

The losses and job cuts come in the midst of an accounting scandal, in which officials have said managers set unrealistic earnings targets, under the banner of creating a big "challenge," while subordinates faked financial results.

So once again management is the problem and the working stiffs pay for it. What kind of cuts are the execs taking do you imagine? Wry

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Syndicate Jack the Ripper DLC & Patch
1. Re: Assassin's Creed Syndicate Jack the Ripper DLC & Patch Dec 22, 2015, 17:59 Cutter

So in french speaking places is he Jacques le Ripper?
Backstab

17. Re: Steam Winter Sale Dec 22, 2015, 15:01 Cutter

jacobvandy wrote on Dec 22, 2015, 14:41:
Yep, I hope y'all are happy, refunds have ruined Steam sales!

A 2 hour trial is shitty policy.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2015, 14:12 Cutter

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 22, 2015, 13:54:
Tons of crappy indie games highly discounted, and all the good shit is still cheaper at G2A type sites.

Remember when Steam sales were good?

Zackly. The only thing I'm buying from Steam anymore are heavily discounted things that have been our for a long while, some DLC, etc. and it's not very much of that either. Sites like G2A are a real godsend for games. Valve strikes me as not even wanting to be involved in Steam anymore. Everything is so half-assed.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Dec 22, 2015, 14:02 Cutter

Wired differently? Gee, you mean an addict is an addict regardless of their medium? Shocker.

4. Re: Fallout 4?! Dec 22, 2015, 13:50 Cutter

Jagacademy wrote on Dec 22, 2015, 13:36:
I really want to play Fallout 4, but I know for a fact if I buy it, it will go on Christmas sale the next day.

Ugh.

Do they give any sort of a credit if a game randomly goes on sale immediately after your purchase?

Buy it on G2A for 40ish % off.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 22, 2015, 00:47 Cutter

For someone who claims not to care what I think you sure are desperate to read and comment about every single thing I post. How very sad for you. You're a sad little man.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 21, 2015, 18:58 Cutter

Whenever I see idiotic lawsuits like that it's the one time I hope that the companies counter-sue the shit out of them. Better still, they shouldn't allow lawsuits like this to begin with. Any lawyer clogging up the system with these sorts of nuisance suits should be disbarred on general principle.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 21, 2015, 18:53 Cutter

MS talking about trust? Pot meet kettle.

News Comments > Dying Light: The Following Enhanced Edition Trailer
2. Re: Dying Light: The Following Enhanced Edition Trailer Dec 21, 2015, 18:51 Cutter

So just another excuse for more grinding really?

39. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 21, 2015, 17:29 Cutter

RoboNerd wrote on Dec 21, 2015, 16:07:
Cutter wrote on Dec 21, 2015, 13:48:
Donald Trump circa 1998

I see this one is making the rounds. How perfect - nevermind true - is that?

Sorry Cutter, but Snopes says this one is bogus...

Even if he didn't say it, the sentiment is true. If I was an immoral man I could have easily become a rich and famous right-wing extremist talk show host. The more extreme, virulent, and asinine the claim, the more they love it.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 21, 2015, 13:48 Cutter

Donald Trump circa 1998

I see this one is making the rounds. How perfect - nevermind true - is that?

14. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 21, 2015, 13:42 Cutter

Stephen, when I was out yesterday I came across this, so I stopped to snap a pic.

Heaslip Lane

12. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 21, 2015, 13:29 Cutter

I'm moving to the Dark Side with Cutter and don't plan on seeing another JJ Abrams film. This despite loving the first Star Trek reboot.

That's because the studios and guys like Lamebrams aren't making those flicks for the original geeks that knew and loved them. It's like Marvel films. They sanitize them and turn them into theme park adventures for the lowest common denominator. It wasn't that long ago people would look at you sideways if you told them you were a geek into games, Star Trek, comics, etc. now it's all something of an imperial cult where you're the odd duck if you don't love this commercialized crap.

I'd have no problem with it if it was quality work and people were being legitimate geeks, but it's as you said, bad fanfic at best.

23080 Comments. 1154 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo