Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 20460 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Descent Reboot Kickstarter
13. Re: Descent Reboot Kickstarter Mar 10, 2015, 21:18 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Mar 10, 2015, 21:12:
Cutter wrote on Mar 10, 2015, 20:00:
Advertising you left a game before it was even delivered isn't what I'd consider a selling point. Look at the reward tiers. Again, it's another classist game that rewards those with money to burn and screws those who don't. So it's just an ODRM arena game that's P2W. Definite pass.

Hey, you can't have it both ways.
Either Star Citizen is a scam, and these guys were smart to leave when they did and start up their own company,
or
Star Citizen is a legit game and these guys are traitors and fools for leaving.
Which is it?

Or maybe they figure why work for Roberts when they can run their own scam seeing how gullible SC chumps are.

“That's it. You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!”
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Mar 10, 2015, 20:21 Cutter

That sauce was pretty weak.

“That's it. You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!”

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 10, 2015, 20:19 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Mar 10, 2015, 19:04:
Yell racist remarks online? Lose your LOE job.

Shoot an unarmed man in a busy intersection? Nothing.

That's an execution plain and simple. Second degree murder for sure. Three cops gunning down an unarmned man? Couple that with this moron in this article and it's time to really tighten up on standards for police admissions all around.

At least in Toronto that pig who murdered the kid on the streetcar has been charged with murder. How that actually pans out we'll see. Police have become far too paramilitary, combative, secretive, and hostile. And the spending is out of control. It's another major issue in the GTA. It's long past due to inject some sanity back into this picture.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Mar 10, 2015, 20:10 Cutter

Since Seattle-based Undead was a small indie studio with a vision for an open-world game, it needed to turn to outside help in order to complete development of the original State of Decay. Apparently, unbeknownst to Undead until recently, some of those hired guns secretly and liberally drew penises into the game’s backgrounds. The phalluses were not visible in the original release due to its lower resolution and lower-quality textures, so they slipped through testing unnoticed and made their way into the final game.

They say that like it's a bad thing. Well obviously their should be an abundance of penises in a zombie apocalypse game to signify you're screwed.

News Comments > Another Total War: WARHAMMER Clue?
2. Re: Another Total War: WARHAMMER Clue? Mar 10, 2015, 20:02 Cutter

Totes War: Hammer Time?

News Comments > Descent Reboot Kickstarter
9. Re: Descent Reboot Kickstarter Mar 10, 2015, 20:00 Cutter

Advertising you left a game before it was even delivered isn't what I'd consider a selling point. Look at the reward tiers. Again, it's another classist game that rewards those with money to burn and screws those who don't. So it's just an ODRM arena game that's P2W. Definite pass.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
11. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 10, 2015, 17:54 Cutter

BobBob wrote on Mar 10, 2015, 14:25:
It's the equivalent of saying, "Gravity is evident, for an object falls to the ground." Another person interjects, "No, that's not true, the object is falling toward the ground. The ground is lying on top of a liquid core with shifting land, and that land is on a planet orbiting a sun which itself is rotating millions of miles in a solar system that is spinning within a galaxy .. that galaxy is spinning in a vast cosmos -- so the object is really spinning in hundreds if not thousands of different directions and not actually falling."

On macro-cosmic perspective perhaps there is no 'death', but on a micro-singular-level, relative to the context of one's extremely limited perspective, death is the end of one's known existence -- or in this case consciousness as we know it -- or to refine it further: you will lose your identity; you will no longer be you.

You don't know that anymore than anyone else. And how can we lose that which we don't possess to begin with? I have a general sense of identity but that constantly changes. I'm certainly not who I was 20 years ago. Maybe that's why people flash on past lives, incorporation of racial/genetic memory incorporated from all the random free floating stuff. After all, the atoms you start with aren't the ones you finish with. They're replaced entirely about 6 times over the course of your life, yet the youness of you still remains. I find that strange and unusual.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 10, 2015, 15:45 Cutter

PHJF wrote on Mar 10, 2015, 15:16:
Apparently I need to go see this as soon as possible. A horror movie scoring that well *without* sending up the genre must be something special.

Hey, I had Lasik last year. The procedure itself was awkward in the extreme, but it's insanely quick and besides dryness the only pain didn't last more than a day.

Watched the trailer and it looks pretty weak. Basically it's just a ripoff of flicks like The Thing, Fallen, etc.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 10, 2015, 15:38 Cutter

BobBob wrote on Mar 10, 2015, 15:07:
I started noticing my computer screen seeming a tad bit blurry. I found out I'm forming cataracts. What the ... I'm still fairly young. The optometrist says it's because I spent too much time in the sun without decent sunglasses. When I was a kid I went to the beach everyday without thinking about needing sunglasses or UV protection. He said there is a wave of my 'beach-going' generation needing the surgery. I've been reading articles that say it's the simplest surgery to get done, but it still creeps me out. Now I won't wear any sunglasses less than $100 in value. Getting older sucks!

Hah! I have to go for the old colorectal exam in short order so I hear that. Rectum? Damn near killed him! Hi-O!

As someone who's light-sensitive don't just buy a brand name, make sure you're buying actual polarized sunglasses. I've always been a polarized Ray-Ban man myself with the classic aviators and wayfarers. And even with polarized glasses there are good ones and bad ones. Anything less than $200 is generally just a waste of money. Best bet is to go to a few independent optical stores - the chains just want to sell you whatever they can. The indies will generally always match with you with something you need at a good price.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
11. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 10, 2015, 15:27 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Mar 10, 2015, 14:38:
Man, gold is such an ugly metal IMO. And soft, too. Not sure why someone would want a gold watch.

I've never understood jewellery. A diamond is forever. Forever what? It boggles my mind that people want to waste money on chains, rings, etc.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 10, 2015, 14:10 Cutter

Blue wrote on Mar 10, 2015, 13:24:
Cutter wrote on Mar 10, 2015, 11:12:
I hate when people give females male names. Tell her owner to change it, Blue!

I had a female dog named Hudson, so I am not the one to lecture anybody on this topic.

That's it, man. Game over, man! Game over! What the fuck are we gonna do now? What are we gonna do?

Yeah, but Hudson is originally a surname so you have some wiggle room. And I always thought you named her after Hudson Hawk, not Aliens Hudson.

5. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 10, 2015, 14:04 Cutter

BobBob wrote on Mar 10, 2015, 11:54:
You'll have plenty of time to do nothing when you're dead. In fact, nothingness will last quite a bit longer than your life that you've lived, up to now - including the short time that remains. So don't worry, you'll be doing a lot of nothing for an eternity -- sooner or later.

No you won't because nothing ever really dies. That energy, those atoms, etc. are all used in other things. I don't know what but I think there is something "more". Reincarnation, after a fashion, is most likely. It would explain a lot.

Jean Luc Picard on Death

3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 10, 2015, 11:12 Cutter

I hate when people give females male names. Tell her owner to change it, Blue!

The Well of Death? Now that's a cool title for a well.

Happiest jobs? Loan Officer? Yeah if you're a sadist I guess. And executive chef at #2? Um no. Chef's are some of the most miserable bastards there are. Oh they love food and cooking, but they hate being chefs.

And then those kids wonder why the Jerk Store called.

Jeans. Buffalo.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 10, 2015, 11:04 Cutter

Well, that's what I've been saying about KS all along. Granted the ability to sue won't help when the money is all gone. At least you can punish the fuckers involved and make sure any future earnings are garnished. I still believe that KS should hold some liability here in the form of contributory negligence. And wow is Molyneux ever a dick. He really is a clinical sociopath isn't he?

When are these companies going to stop this overreach? You can't construct agreements that fly in the face of the Constitution and established law. You'll always lose. And it's just bad PR. What does it say about your company that you need something like that in the first place?

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 10, 2015, 11:00 Cutter

Jesus, that site for the first article is a real rag.

Yet, meanwhile, governments opposed to liberty as a matter of principle are tightening their grip on billions of people by twisting the internet into an arm of the state.

Classic right-wing disconnect. Has this clown never heard of the NSA? Did he miss a little something called 9/11? Does he somehow honestly believe America has been getting more free since then? Jesus. Rolleyes

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 10, 2015, 10:41 Cutter

By Ethisphere who gives these awards to people who pay them? Lol! Yeah ok. Super ethical!

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 10, 2015, 10:37 Cutter

If you're looking at a clock on a webpage than you're doing something.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 10, 2015, 10:37 Cutter

Figures a scumbag company like Apple would do this. Apple fanboys are such idiots.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
18. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 10, 2015, 09:33 Cutter

InBlack wrote on Mar 10, 2015, 08:08:
I wonder if Cutter can 'see' in 3d. Maybe that is why he is so skeptical. Cutter can you experience depth? I have a friend who scoffs at 3d movies and anything 3d related so when I probed him further about it, apparently he doesnt have proper depth perception.

I for one am buying the Rift (or one of it's competitors) as soon as they release a decent hi-res version that's going to be usable in flight sims. The biggest obstacle in flight simming is always situational awareness and target tracking, something that is much harder in a sim environment where you lack depth perception. Yes this is a niche market but so is the enthusiast graphics card market, or the luxury car market, etc. etc.

The device will have a profound impact on gaming, at least enthusiast gaming at first.

My vision is just fine. I just don't care for silly gimmickry. As most other people don't seeing as the fad of 3D is dead yet again. Gimmicks don't last.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
17. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 10, 2015, 09:30 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Mar 10, 2015, 02:17:
Hahaha! Leave it to Cutter to find the downside to courtside NBA tickets.

Well fucking seriously man. The entire game it's just squeak squeak squeak, tweet, squeak squeak squeak, tweet. Nothing but constant squeaky shoes and a referee blowing a whistle every 10 goddamned seconds.

20460 Comments. 1023 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo