Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 21827 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
53. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2015, 16:54 Cutter

MajorD wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 16:31:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 14:12:
Cutter wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 14:04:
Ahh, now we see why MS is giving away free copies of Windows 10, it's because you have zero privacy.

Microsoft’s new small print – how your personal data is (ab)used

Think I'll pass on that thanks.

How is this worse than what retail stores do with your purchases? Every time you swipe your card at Target or Starbucks that information is collected, stored, and aggregated with other personal information to create profiles to identify who you are, what you do, where you go, how you spend your money, etc. etc. Windows 10 is just a small piece of a much larger privacy issue. There are companies out there who then take all this data and sell it to politicians or business to help them figure how to market to you.

Agreed. Additionally, do you realize how much data is collected from using your SmartPhone/apps???

Um. none. I don't have GPS enabled. I don't text. And I don't use apps that allow them to root around my phone and use my data and other personal information. You guys obviously don't care about your privacy but some of us do.

"During times of universal deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

51. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2015, 16:52 Cutter

NewMaxx wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 14:22:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 13:49:
We "feel" banning guns will help society, yet lack any solid evidence to back that up. (Yes, I am well aware of all the studies. Studies funded by special interest groups that for sure have no bias.)

There's a lot of interesting facts around that, actually. For example, the UK's stronger gun laws mean that the number of violent crimes involving firearms (1 in 20) is far less than the US. However, the UK has over twice the number of violent crimes as in the US. It's pretty clear that any "one size fits all" approach to gun control is naive.

Really? Just a quick search and it shows me something vastly different.

UK vs. US Crime Stats

Murders with Firearms: UK - 14 US - 9,369
Violent Crime Murders: UK - 722 US - 12,996
Violent Crime Murders per capita: UK - 11.68 US - 42.01
Murders with Firearms per capita: UK - 0.236 US - 32.57

Total Crimes per capita: UK - 109.96 US - 41.29
*Note: Crime statistics are often better indicators of prevalence of law enforcement and willingness to report crime, than actual prevalence. Figures expressed per thousand population for the same year.

So in some cases you have more petty crime in Britain, but much more serious crime and murder in the US. Regardless if you have more people engaging in fisticuffs at least they walk away from that. At least people can defend themselves from clubs and knives or run away. You can't outrun a bullet or defend against it unless you're in SWAT gear with a shield, which would be kind of a pain in the ass to be walking around in all day every day. So the gun nuts can keep trying to rationalize it however they like, but the facts prove them wrong.
Gun control works.

34. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2015, 14:18 Cutter

Kxmode wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 14:12:
Cutter wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 14:04:
Ahh, now we see why MS is giving away free copies of Windows 10, it's because you have zero privacy.

How is this worse than what retail stores do with your purchases? Every time you swipe your card at Target or Starbucks that information is collected, stored, and aggregated with other personal information to create profiles to identify who you are, what you do, where you go, how you spend your money, etc. etc. Windows 10 is just a small piece of a much larger privacy issue. There are companies out there who then take all this data and sell it to politicians or business to help them figure how to market to you.

A) It's why I generaally pay for things with cash.
B) Being monitored everytime you use your PC is a whole different ball of wax. You're talking about giving them complete, unfettered access to everything you do on and offline and selling that to 3rd parties, the government, etc. That's a pretty huge fucking difference from buying a coffee at Starbucks once in a while.

31. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2015, 14:04 Cutter

But Microsoft’s updated privacy policy is not only bad news for privacy. Your free speech rights can also be violated on an ad hoc basis as the company warns:

“We will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to”, for example, “protect their customers” or “enforce the terms governing the use of the services”.

29. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2015, 13:52 Cutter

TangledThorns wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 11:43:
The outrage over a guy killing a lion versus Planned Parenthood killing and selling baby parts is truly outrageous.

Are you trolling or really that much of an idiot?

News Comments > BATTLETECH Announced
17. Re: BATTLETECH Announced Jul 29, 2015, 13:41 Cutter

Ima wait and see but I'll keep mah fingers crossed.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2015, 09:43 Cutter

So what's the deal with this "free" upgrade and how long does it last?

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2015, 09:42 Cutter

Frags4Fun wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 08:43:
That dentist that killed Cecil is getting obliterated in social media. I hate these cowardly trophy hunters. It would be great if the predators from the Alien vs Predator universe would kidnap these pathetic losers and make them the prey. I doubt that the predators would see them as a worthy opponent though.

And there is no shortage of right-wing sociopaths that support him. I'm sure assholes like Ted Nugent are lining up to be his next patient. How much do you want to bet he's a card carrying GOP tea-partier who considers himself Xtian.

News Comments > King of Dragon Pass Released
1. Re: King of Dragon Pass Released Jul 29, 2015, 09:34 Cutter

It's a really interesting game. It's somewhat convoluted and difficult as well. It's worth trying when it's cheap on GOG.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Jul 28, 2015, 23:32 Cutter

Yeah, the keys are legit. I bought my WD key from G2A for 8 bucks at the time...I still feel ripped off. I've bought a dozen games off G2A and only had one key not work which G2A refunded immediately.

News Comments > Diablo III Kanai’s Cube Previewed
11. Re: Diablo III Kanai’s Cube Previewed Jul 28, 2015, 20:17 Cutter

Hellraiser?

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 28, 2015, 20:17 Cutter

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 19:38:
Snowden can't realistically be pardoned, think of the floodgates it could open if he were? He's right in many ways and I'm sure several politico's even agree, but just cannot happen and it wouldn't happen anywhere.

But Petraeus can get away with it? He did it for a blowjob, and Snowden did because he loved his country, and Snowden is the one condemned? Shows just who's really running America and has been for a long time now. If they can murder Kennedy and pardon Nixon everything else is child's play.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jul 28, 2015, 19:34 Cutter

That was great. This PBS series also has one with Tom Robbins. Been ages since I read his stuff. I'll have to give it a re-read soon as I always loved his work.

4. Re: White House Jul 28, 2015, 19:14 Cutter

Frags4Fun wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 19:02:
What a disgrace this government is.

Jesus, can you believe that response? I wonder if she wrote with a straight face or was laughing the whole time. How far America has fallen.

2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 28, 2015, 19:09 Cutter

QFT

Quote:
The FCC said it could have fined AT&T much more, up to $16,000 per violation for millions of violations. But it chose $100 million to avoid "an astronomical figure" while making the fine big enough to deter future violations.

"Maybe next time the FCC will fine much much more because apparently it hasn't done much to deter AT&T so far."

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Jul 28, 2015, 19:05 Cutter

Lulz! Watch Dogs has been on reseller sites at $2 or less for months now.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 28, 2015, 19:04 Cutter

Good! We need to see more of this. A lot more. The consumer protection laws are already on the books all they need to do is start suing these jerks.  

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - The Swindle
1. Re: Steamship Ahoy - The Swindle Jul 28, 2015, 19:01 Cutter

The time is right to do it now, the greatest Rock'n'Roll swindle. The time is right to do it now....

News Comments > Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Beta Instructions
2. Re: Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Beta Instructions Jul 28, 2015, 18:59 Cutter

Yeah you made me feel. Yeah you made me feel, shiny and new....

News Comments > Lord of the Rings Online Servers Closing
7. Re: Lord of the Rings Online Servers Closing Jul 28, 2015, 15:36 Cutter

While I never cared for how they did classes, the world itself is amazing. Still one of the best environments in any MOG. Riding out of the Misty Mountains at sunset into Rivendell was always amazeballs.

21827 Comments. 1092 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo