Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 16508 (Ninja)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 27, 2014, 16:40 Cutter

nin wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 16:37:
Yo Cutter! I see Grand Budapest has finally expanded to more theaters - check your listings!

Yeah, still haven't got around to seeing it yet, but I'm dying to. Ugh! Oh well, even if I miss it I'll grab the Blu-ray because I own all of Wes' stuff.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Mar 27, 2014, 16:38 Cutter

Heh, that game is so over the top stupid and silly. I honestly hope they make a fortune off it! They certainly deserve it. Lol!

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 27, 2014, 16:32 Cutter

Exactly. Consoles themselves can be loss leaders because what the hell good are they if you don't use them? And to do that you have to buy games.

There's nothing beyond this periphreal - which is niche as it is. If Zuckerfuck thinks the masses are going to rush out and buy these to sit around with a VR Facebook he's definitely been doing too much blow.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 27, 2014, 13:47 Cutter

Woot! New trailer for the Warlord in Age of Wonders 3! This game is going to rock so hard! I hope everyone has their copy pre-ordered! For those unfamiliar with it think Civ meets HoMM.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 27, 2014, 13:42 Cutter

The new TMNT trailer is out. Why Michael Bay? And more seriously, why Megan Fox? I thought we had finally rid ourselves of her. Oh well, so much for a good TMNT reboot.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 27, 2014, 12:22 Cutter

Welp the 7 day says it's ranging from 6-14 degrees so hopefully the worst is ove and we're on our way. This should make for a wicked hot summer however. So before any of you bitch about the heat just remember what a shitty winter it was.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 27, 2014, 12:13 Cutter

QFT....

"Yeah at the minute the Dev Kits use HDMI or DVI to connect the screen and USB for head tracking/ input and the PC sees the device as a fairly dumb piece of kit (no really special drivers or complicated setup) so support is straight forward, but as the consumer version doesn't exist yet there's nothing stopping Oculus updating the SDK license before support for it is added. People trusted Oculus to not do that because they've been very vocal about their headset being an open hackable device where they'd profit from hardware sales and not a subsidised VR market share land grab. Lots of people don't really trust Zuckerberg and Co as much, particularly because a VR market share land grab is the reason they bought Oculus in the first place:

"We think the rationale is if Facebook can own the pipe, the platform or the operating system of the future, it will have much greater control over its destiny,"

It's why quite a few developers are wanting clarification before they commit further time to their Oculus projects. The idea of an app store/ Steam like system for distributing software is far from confirmed, but it's not exactly outside the realm of possibility either."

And this is just the sort of shit Notch is anticipating - along with many others. And this is why so many backers are rightfully upset. Oh well, so much for OR and VR.

News Comments > Morning Previews
1. Re: Morning Previews Mar 27, 2014, 12:02 Cutter

Will definitely not be rushing out to buy this after the way WBIE behaved.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
1. Re: Morning Screenshots Mar 27, 2014, 12:01 Cutter

Nice. Except the car. That looks stupid.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 27, 2014, 00:35 Cutter

1badmf wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 23:57:
i feel only us californians have a right to be mad at this dick. so i'll go ahead and do the honors; rot in fucking jail, Leland Yee!

No no, gamers everywhere have dibs on this too.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
8. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 27, 2014, 00:33 Cutter

killer_roach wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 23:14:
Cutter wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 22:31:
You can understand why they're pissed. However so long as OR abides by the original deal that, as they say, is that. Regardless this is the sort of shit that's only going to help contribute to the demise of crowdfunding. Either that or the model has to change and these guys will have to sell shares instead.

The problem is that selling equity in a Kickstarter-like manner is basically impossible due to American and European securities law - the only people allowed in at such a low level are "qualified investors" - usually very high net worth individuals who can demonstrate the ability to absorb the risks they are taking. I still think direct sales of equity are ultimately the way to go, however.

For those that backed the Rift - maybe, if you ask real nicely, you can get yours to come in a nice shade of Facebook blue... but much beyond that I wouldn't hold my breath on.

That's easily changed. This is the idea of the stock market to begin with, right? Companies trying to raise capital and if they do well, pay a return on that investment. They could treat it like penny stocks seeing the as the buy in's on these are well below what a qualified investor would dabble with anyway.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 26, 2014, 22:43 Cutter

Fantaz wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 17:53:
SS wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 16:30:
Wikipedia founder calls alt-medicine practitioners “lunatic charlatans”.

That's because they are. I like this guy.

well, that's up for debate... it's still just his opinion. some alt-medicine might actually be beneficial if proven.

In the words of Tim Minchin, you know what you call alt medicine that actually works? Medicine.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 26, 2014, 22:40 Cutter

Another corrupt politician. Gee, I'm so utterly shocked.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
8. Re: Evening Interviews Mar 26, 2014, 22:33 Cutter

Huge plans for VR? Uh huh, I'm sure it'll be as impactul and lasting as 3D, lol!

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 26, 2014, 22:31 Cutter

You can understand why they're pissed. However so long as OR abides by the original deal that, as they say, is that. Regardless this is the sort of shit that's only going to help contribute to the demise of crowdfunding. Either that or the model has to change and these guys will have to sell shares instead.

News Comments > $100 Wolfenstein: The New Order CE Has Statue, No Game
10. Re: $100 Wolfenstein: The New Order CE Has Statue, No Game Mar 26, 2014, 22:21 Cutter

Panzerfaust?

News Comments > Mordheim: City of the Damned Announced
1. Re: Mordheim: City of the Damned Announced Mar 26, 2014, 22:19 Cutter

City of the Darned!

News Comments > 3D Realms Responds to Duke Nukem Lawsuit
8. Re: 3D Realms Responds to Duke Nukem Lawsuit Mar 26, 2014, 22:18 Cutter

I am shocked, shocked I tell you, at how little I care.

News Comments > Titanfall Cheaters Must Play With Themselves
18. Re: Titanfall Cheaters Must Play With Themselves Mar 26, 2014, 22:17 Cutter

They should give them guns that shoot pumpkins they're forced to eat.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 26, 2014, 16:43 Cutter

InBlack wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 10:44:
I envy you Blue, reading the books for the first time was fucking awesome! Also, I highly recomend Martin's Fevre Dream. Its a rather strange novel but I found it to be at least as good as anything from the Ice and Fire saga and miles better than any of the convulted vampire shit that passes for fantasy or science fiction these days...

The Wild Cards series is the way to go. Even though he's only the editor, some of the best writers in sci-fi fantasy have created such fantastic stuff for this series. They really need to make some CRPGs based on this series!!!

16508 Comments. 826 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo