Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 19156 (Ninja)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 21, 2014, 18:21 Cutter

QFT on Aereo....

"It still drives me nuts that their business model was ruled to be "sufficiently like a duck" to not be allowed, yet somehow not sufficiently duck-like to be entitled to be treated like a duck."

Ahh the US justice system, the best that money can buy.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Project CARS Pre-purchases
2. Re: Project CARS Pre-purchases Nov 21, 2014, 18:14 Cutter

Set a reminder on your PC so that Gary Numan's Cars starts playing on repeat on that day so you'll remember...if you're not too busy dancing to it instead.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Nov 21, 2014, 18:13 Cutter

Oh man, Bob Newhart just kills me. The guy could read the phone book and I'd pee my pants laughing.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Refunds Reconsidered
3. Re: Elite: Dangerous Refunds Reconsidered Nov 21, 2014, 17:58 Cutter

Translation: I hear talk about sic'ing government consumer agencies on us and various lawsuits so we're now stalling for time in hopes you just give up and go away.

Simply amazing how fast goodwill can disappear isn't it? How many millions in sales has he screwed himself out of with this stupidity?

News Comments > etc.
16. Re: etc. Nov 21, 2014, 16:38 Cutter

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 15:40:
Yeahyeah Yeah wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 14:25:
How about we come down against online harassment, period, whether against men or women.
Oh come now. Harassment against men isn't a real thing, just like only men can be sexist, only whites can have privilege, and all that other claptrap that various people keep going on about. They've even gone off the deep end saying that us nerds should be bullied and harassed.

I know what you're saying, but until various swaths of kunckleheads grow up and realize that anyone can be harassed--it's not going to change.

Yeah, and well intentioned as it is that'll never happen in a world with massive inequality and societies that tell you your worthless unless you're rich and/or famous. It's like all the anti-bullying stuff relating to schools. Super. Well intentioned and all but ultimate meaningless without changing the root causes of what makes that happen to begin with. They're all band-aid, feel-good solutions that really change nothing. Poverty IS violence.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
6. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 21, 2014, 13:46 Cutter

I'd just like to see the zones transition into each other organically like they do in WoW.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
12. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 21, 2014, 12:52 Cutter

Loose Cannon wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 12:06:
Cutter wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 11:26:
Indeed. Just donate a few bucks to the guys at Adblock instead. I think Google has more than enough money.

It's not about donating money to the Adblock guys or Google, it's about donating money to Blue's News.

I run Adblock here because the page loads much quicker without ads, and I like the cleaner look of the ad-free page. $1/month is worth it, to me, for a clear conscience and to support the sites I enjoy.

Yeah, actually it is about shooting them a few bucks because they provide an amazing product for free.

News Comments > WoW 10th Anniversary Celebrations
9. Re: WoW 10th Anniversary Celebrations Nov 21, 2014, 12:50 Cutter

Yakubs wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 11:44:
"Southshore vs. Tarren Mill—The Battle Continues
To recapture the feeling of the endless tug-of-war of early WoW PvP, we’re opening a special Team Deathmatch–style Battleground based on the timeless struggle between Southshore and Tarren Mill. We’ll have two different brackets for players to take part in: one for level 90–99 characters and another for level 100. Unlike the old days of Tarren Mill vs. Southshore, this Battleground has a clearly defined victor, so you’ll need to work as a team or face crushing defeat. A win will gain you a shiny new title: either Tarren Mill Terror for the Alliance or Southshore Slayer for the Horde."

This is a perfect microcosm for WoW design philosophy. After having removed everything interesting about the original game, let's bring it back but put theme-park structure around it so everyone can opt out of having their feelings hurt.

Some of those battles at TM were effing amazing. Soooo much fun.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2014, 11:30 Cutter

Gettin' yer scotch on tonight, Blue? Rock out with your rooster out!

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 21, 2014, 11:26 Cutter

Indeed. Just donate a few bucks to the guys at Adblock instead. I think Google has more than enough money.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 21, 2014, 11:22 Cutter

It's beautifully designed, but it's not really that open at all. They may be large maps but they're still just zones at the end of the day, and you really can't go everywhere. Now Skyrim is what I'd call incredibly open, or something like WoW.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 20, 2014, 22:23 Cutter

Shit, how about they'll probably just claim eminent domain instead? That or just set up shop somewhere else. It's not like they're spending their money.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 20, 2014, 20:38 Cutter

garrywong wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 19:39:
Brands are wasting time and money on advertising.

No shit. There was a big study last year from Princeton or something said that around 75% of Fortune 1000 companies now feel social media is a waste of money for advertising and are hugely scaling back on those fronts. I know I never look at companies websites. I look at their website and may link something interesting on it on FB for my friends, but that's it.

And who's going to call Comcast on their BS when they don't deliver - as per usual.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 20, 2014, 20:34 Cutter

Dragontail glass ftw!

News Comments > New Steam Early Access Guidelines
2. Re: New Steam Early Access Guidelines Nov 20, 2014, 20:31 Cutter

Indeed. I don't even think Steam should be permitted to sell EA games unless they're forced to cover refunds in case it doesn't work out. At the very least they shouldn't be listing the games until they're in beta. At least that demonstrates the devs are serious and commited, not just looking for some fast bucks then split. Enh, whatevs, I'm so done with EA, crowdfunding, etc. Complete finished products or not at all, please and thank you.

News Comments > Goat Simulator MMO Update Released
2. Re: Goat Simulator MMO Update Released Nov 20, 2014, 20:27 Cutter

This is all pretty funny.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2014, 15:51 Cutter

Burrito of Peace wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 13:34:
Cutter wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 13:16:
Does anyone here smoke sausage?

Uh...no, but a tranny might be able to help you with that.

Haha zing! Biker

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 20, 2014, 15:51 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 13:47:
Or 50 years in prison for sharing JSTOR docs. Just ask Aaron Swartz. Oh wait, you can't, because he killed himself when faced with such ridiculous charges.

He was threatened, he wasn't actually punished with that. Major diff.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy
97. Re: Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy Nov 20, 2014, 15:49 Cutter

Flatline wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 15:38:
Creston wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 14:49:
No, you paid for a pine chicken coop, and that's what's said in the contract. You can sue for breach of warranty and will win in any US courtroom.

I seriously doubt it. One thing you'd have to do is prove that oak is inferior to pine. In this literal example, you received a free upgrade, the value is objectively higher (as oak is easily provable to be a more expensive wood than pine) and arguably an oak construction is going to be intrinsically better.

Reverse the situation, where you order oak and receive pine, and you have a real situation.

But that doesn't even qualify for this. It'd be like if you ordered an oak coop, and everything but the roof was oak, but the roof was pine.

That's more of a grey area.

No, only if the carpenter couldn't get his hands on any pine, and even then he'd still need your permission to proceed otherwise the contract is invalid. It's considered "void ab initio" - 'from the beginning'. Have you guys never signed a contract with anyone for anything? That's why it's called a contract. You can't agree to something then just go around changing it however you like. Contracts are very specific for good reason.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy
95. Re: Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy Nov 20, 2014, 15:45 Cutter

Stop listening to that jackass troll, Beamer. That's all he's doing is trolling you guys. It's very obviously fraud to anyone with half-a-brain.

18 U.S. Code § 1341 - Frauds and swindles

Whoever, having devised or intending to devise any scheme or artifice to defraud, or for obtaining money or property by means of false or fraudulent pretenses, representations, or promises, or to sell, dispose of, loan, exchange, alter, give away, distribute, supply, or furnish or procure for unlawful use any counterfeit or spurious coin, obligation, security, or other article, or anything represented to be or intimated or held out to be such counterfeit or spurious article, for the purpose of executing such scheme or artifice or attempting so to do, places in any post office or authorized depository for mail matter, any matter or thing whatever to be sent or delivered by the Postal Service, or deposits or causes to be deposited any matter or thing whatever to be sent or delivered by any private or commercial interstate carrier, or takes or receives therefrom, any such matter or thing, or knowingly causes to be delivered by mail or such carrier according to the direction thereon, or at the place at which it is directed to be delivered by the person to whom it is addressed, any such matter or thing, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both. If the violation occurs in relation to, or involving any benefit authorized, transported, transmitted, transferred, disbursed, or paid in connection with, a presidentially declared major disaster or emergency (as those terms are defined in section 102 of the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act (42 U.S.C. 5122)), or affects a financial institution, such person shall be fined not more than $1,000,000 or imprisoned not more than 30 years, or both.

And in this case, it's actually interstate wirefraud.

And yes, you do have access to legal remedy through small claims and civil court - as well as consumer protection agencies through your various federal/state/provincial governments. And yes, you can not only recoup your money but punitive damages as well. I should know, I've successfully sued a few people in my time, and I'm the guy who represents myself in court all the time. Law isn't hard, it's just boring.

As I stated earlier, fact is he's counting on most people will never go that far, probably won't even dispute it with their CC company. That's what conmen do.

19156 Comments. 958 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo