Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 16516 (Ninja)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $41M - Procedural Generation Plans
11. Re: Star Citizen Hits $41M - Procedural Generation Plans Mar 31, 2014, 19:36 Cutter

Kosumo wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 19:16:
"Iím incredibly happy to hit this goal as it green-lights a very important research project aimed at improving Star Citizenís long term future."

So it makes the hangar bigger so you can buy more ships?

He's dreaming - if it only cost 1 million dollars to get a R&D team that can make that happen then why have no big publishers done it? They have lots of millions already.

No Man's Sky = 5 person team and very small budget. And unlike SC they actually have something to show for it so far.

Is it just me or does anyone else still get a real Sword of Damocles vibe from this project.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Game Reviews Mar 31, 2014, 17:03 Cutter

{PH}88fingers wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 16:52:
8/9's across the board? I see gamespot gave it a 7

Considering the reviewer even said it wasn't his type of game that's still good. And of the other dozen or so reviews so far they're all 8+ and the player reviews are overwhelmingly positive too. So feel free to nitpick one review one point below so far. I'm having too much fun to care.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

4. Re: Game Reviews Mar 31, 2014, 16:34 Cutter

Welp, 4 hours in and much like Loverboy, I'm lovin' every minute of it. It's got 'one-more-turn'itis' written all over it. Had to force myself to quit so I could get some work done, heh. Visually it's a treat, and it really seems to be - so far - the best of HoMM meets Civ. So yeah, at this point I give it a hearty thumbs up.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 31, 2014, 11:51 Cutter

Spoon boy: Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

Neo: What truth?

Spoon boy: There is no spoon.

Neo: There is no spoon?

Spoon boy: Then you'll see, that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself.

1. Re: Game Reviews Mar 31, 2014, 11:37 Cutter

Good to see AoW3 is getting 8/9s across the board. Ugh another half hour to release. Can't believe they didn't allow for a pre-load though.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 31, 2014, 11:36 Cutter

1080P is more than enough for almost everyone at this point. Virtually no one will be running out to but a new TV they don't need.

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Mar 31, 2014, 11:32 Cutter

Yeah. Sure. It's gamers killing Nintendo. Pfft.

News Comments > Shards Online: Player-Run MMORPG
4. Re: Shards Online: Player-Run MMORPG Mar 31, 2014, 11:30 Cutter

Sharts Online.

News Comments > Origins Ditches Discs
20. Re: Origins Ditches Discs Mar 31, 2014, 11:21 Cutter

Welcome to the Pleasure Dome.

News Comments > On Sale
10. Re: On Sale Mar 30, 2014, 22:40 Cutter

jimnms wrote on Mar 30, 2014, 20:58:
You can't sell your Steam games because they're tied to your account, but what about GOG? Do you think it wold be OK to buy a game from GOG, then sell your copy after you've played it? What if this bought these games from GOG and begin reselling copies of it, would that still be OK?

No, I can't resell them because that's a current law here. Doesn't mean I agree with it anymore than I think pot should be illegal. And it's certainly legal in other places. If they're renting it then say so.

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Mar 30, 2014, 20:28 Cutter

Saboth wrote on Mar 30, 2014, 19:11:
Cutter wrote on Mar 30, 2014, 15:34:
I agree there's something to be said for that. It's like buying a new car and the dealer telling you you're not allowed to ever sell it. It's not like HB isn't making their money. No one is technically stealing anything here.

Sounds like piracy advocacy to me. The terms explicitly state you can't resell the games. Just like when you buy those large packs of tiny crackers or chips that say "not for resale".

Well, that's only if you agree that sowftware can only be licensed and not owned. I don't. I pay for a copy of something and it's mine as far as I'm concerned. Just like books, CDs, DVDs, cars, furniture, etc. No one seens to have a problem going to a restaurant and paying more for resold food. So it's an entirely a matter of perspective on that front.

However, as I said, it may not be illegal but it's certainly in poor taste.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 30, 2014, 18:01 Cutter

Hope Age of Wonders 3 does well. Everyone go buy it. Now!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 30, 2014, 15:46 Cutter

They really should do a digital version of Dr. Who Risk. That looks so sweet. Exterminate!

2. Re: Game Reviews Mar 30, 2014, 15:45 Cutter

Ugh no pre-load for AoW3 and it doesn't launch until noon EST. Granted it's only 6.5 gigs, still I want to fire it up NOW! Ugh, stupid devs! If they started this game one day earlier we'd be playing it right now!

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
2. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Mar 30, 2014, 15:41 Cutter

Smart kid too bad nothing will happen. And they get the big picture do they, John? Sort of like Rage? What happened? You used to be cool man.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Mar 30, 2014, 15:34 Cutter

I agree there's something to be said for that. It's like buying a new car and the dealer telling you you're not allowed to ever sell it. It's not like HB isn't making their money. No one is technically stealing anything here.

News Comments > Michael Abrash Joins Oculus
75. Re: Michael Abrash Joins Oculus Mar 29, 2014, 15:01 Cutter

The worry is now gone? Uh no, it isn't.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Mar 29, 2014, 14:59 Cutter

Love Jimmy, wish he woulda got a better shake.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Mar 29, 2014, 14:57 Cutter

Well 100 mil vs. 2B is definitely better business sense.

News Comments > TUG Early Access
4. Re: TUG Early Access Mar 29, 2014, 14:56 Cutter

Let me guess, the first DLC will be titled 'Rub'n'

16516 Comments. 826 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo