Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 21844 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Skyhill Comic Trailer
2. Re: Skyhill Comic Trailer Aug 4, 2015, 20:00 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 18:57:
Will it be a mixture of Skyrim and Silent Hill?

You mean Skyfall and Silent Hill.

"During times of universal deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials; WoW at 5.6M Subs
13. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials; WoW at 5.6M Subs Aug 4, 2015, 19:58 Cutter

Nucas wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 18:29:
HorrorScope wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 18:27:
Mmo's too many are like LSD. After a while all that is left is a bad trip so people get out.
this may be my favorite gaming analogy ever.

Unless you've ever had a seriously bad acid trip - which I have - it's nothing even close to that. Not only is it not in the ballpark, it's not even in the same town as the ballpark.

I suspect they'll keep bleeding off subs really fast from this point forward. They really screwed themselves cancelling Titan.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
25. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 4, 2015, 15:45 Cutter

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 11:40:
Cory Doctorow's career of feeding paranoia for clicks continues.

As someone who is using Windows 10 on multiple systems, most of these privacy concerns are very overblown. There are settings enabled by using Express Settings that shouldn't be but if you take 5 seconds to do Custom Settings, most of it can be turned off. And it still pales in comparison to the volumes of information all social networks and smartphone platforms are collecting and monetising without your knowledge. That people are acting as if this is some horrible new privacy breach that hasn't been done before aren't paying attention. If this bothers you, don't ever use Facebook, Twitter or your iPhone.

Most people are aware of how those corps treat privacy. Not so with MS and Win10 in particluar. Besides, you don't have to use them. You do need to use an OS however and the vast majority of people out there don't even know what Linux is much less are they savy enough to use it. If MS wasn't hiding this and spelled it out in plain English people would be going apeshit. In fact I won't be the least bit surprised to see a backlash come out of this before too long as people learn exactly what MS is doing here.

News Comments > Homefront: The Revolution Trailer
6. Re: Homefront: The Revolution Trailer Aug 4, 2015, 15:35 Cutter

How about a freedom fighter resisting the occupying American forces - which is an actual reality in a lot of the world.

News Comments > Dark Souls III Gameplay Trailer
3. Re: Dark Souls III Gameplay Trailer Aug 4, 2015, 15:33 Cutter

No, the combat isn't great. It's just training the gamer on how to beat a specific boss instead of it being reactive. After a few hours with DS I quickly became bored when I learned how the game worked. It's got great ambiance I'll give you that. Coming across new mobs for the first time is some freaky shit, but you get over it fast.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 4, 2015, 10:03 Cutter

Windows 10? No chance in hell. I'll be sticking with Win 7 for as long as I can in that case. I think it may finally be time to take the Linux plunge for work desktop and only use something like Win10 or whatever for DX12 for games only. And people wondered why they were giving it away for "free". Come on people, there are no free lunches.

News Comments > Mad Max Trailer
1. Re: Mad Max Trailer Aug 4, 2015, 09:48 Cutter

Hah, Blue!

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 3, 2015, 19:39 Cutter

Working for the clampdown....  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 3, 2015, 19:37 Cutter

Windows 10 Spyware is anything but safe.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 3, 2015, 15:05 Cutter

Damn man! Won $50 on my lottery quick pick from Saturday. Not to be greedy but you'd think getting 4 out of 6 numbers right should garner more than $50. Like $5,000 or at least 5 hundy. Still beats a kick in the head with a frozen boot.

And I had to change my front driver side low beam on my Sonata and figured I'd have to take out the whole assembly and it'd be a major PITA. Nope, just enough room to unscrew the cover, remove it, and replace it. All done inside 5 minutes. Sweet. Everything's coming up Milhouse!

12. Re: Zimbabweans baffled by foreign concern for killed lion. Aug 3, 2015, 15:00 Cutter

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 3, 2015, 14:46:
Believe me, it's crystal clear for me. Trophy hunting is atrocious, the dentist is a scumbag and most likely part of a crime, very few people will argue against that.

However saying Africa is a problem of its own making ignores hundreds of years of slavery, exploitation, colonization and general rape and pillaging of resources on a vast scale.

My comment was more about the nature of humanity to simply ignore the suffering of large numbers of humans and focus on one admittedly terrible story about ONE animal.

A similar style of thinking occurs all the time, I'm not sure what you would call it, but the same person that curses out homeless people will lose their shit over rescuing a stray dog or cat. Blaming the victim, maybe?

Maybe because people are no damn good. Humanity has it's moments when it's a beautiful thing, but on the whole we're a fucking horrific species by nature. If I was an advanced alien race that stumbled across this planet you could be damn sure I'd slate them for eradication.

And Africa is its own problem. It was its own problem before we got there and it's been a problem for long after we left. You can talk about colonial policies in the whole of Southeast Asia and they had no problem picking up the pieces and moving onward and upward. Africa is just one excuse after the other. And all that foreign aid does is keep them dependent and corrupt. Cut them off completely. Short term pain for long term gain. If they can't swim like everyone else they should sink. Resources are getting way too scarce to continue wasting good money after bad.

News Comments > Paladins Announced
2. Re: Paladins Announced Aug 3, 2015, 14:54 Cutter

Remember a decade ago when we went through that phase of WWII games? Welp, you'd think all these people late to the party in an already supersaturated market would do something different...but that would make sense.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
17. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 3, 2015, 12:45 Cutter

Julio wrote on Aug 3, 2015, 12:27:
ldonyo wrote on Aug 3, 2015, 11:48:
It is quite hard to see how providing free upgrades to Windows is not consumer-friendly.

The reason for the "free" upgrade is to mine your data and sell it without making it easy to opt out. Not consumer friendly in my books. Whether you like or hate Apple, they've specialized in being idiot proof, which Windows is not.

There are plenty of average consumers who need the type of service Best Buy is providing. I'm not one of them, but the need exists.

Whilst you can turn off some stuff, there's a lot you can't. With Windows 10 you give them permissions to root through your PC, all your online stuff, and indemnify them from handing over to the government, 3rd parties, etc. No thanks.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 3, 2015, 11:17 Cutter

Don't jinx them, Blue!

Damn, Michelle Nichols was fine back in the day.

And job insecurity has been the new normal starting in the 80s. Too many people + limited employment = employers market. GG Free Trade.

5. Re: Zimbabweans baffled by foreign concern for killed lion. Aug 3, 2015, 11:13 Cutter

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 3, 2015, 10:32:
"Zimbabweans baffled by foreign concern for killed lion."

Exactly. A whole lot of free outrage over a dead animal, not a single tear shed over the actual human suffering going on in Zimbabwe. "People without electricity or water? Meh. Lions! OMG let's start a twitter campaign!"

Good work, humanity.

Because it's not about killing an animal. It's about how it was killed and why. Even PETA may not like people that kill animals for food but they can understand it. No one, and I mean no one, except for other tiny-dicked psychopaths likes trophy hunters. It's a sin if there ever was one. Then the how, luring the animal out of a protected reserve to shoot it. Shooting it with an arrow so as not to alert the authorities. Letting it bleed to death over 2 days. Then beheading and skinning it leaving the carcas to rot, all to make said tiny-dicked dentist feel like a big man. And said tiny-dick dentist has done this before. Poaching and lying about it to cover his self-entitled ass. Does that make things a little clearer for you?

Africa is a problem of its own making, but animals are innocents just doing what they do, so yeah, it pisses people off when assholes like that dentist do shit like this.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 3, 2015, 11:05 Cutter

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 3, 2015, 10:35:
Simon Says wrote on Aug 3, 2015, 10:04:
CORRECTION: "Hitchhiking Robot Lasts Just Two Weeks in US Because US CITIZENS Are Terrible"

It crossed Canada and many European countries including Germany without a scratch. US proving once again how barbaric and savage this country really is.

Meh, while the US has its share of problems, let's not blame 300+ million people for the actions of a handful, or even possibly one person.

Also, this robot probably had a longer US lifespan than most human hitchhikers, if the stories can be believed.

Yeah, you can easily blame that one on Philly. It's one of the greatest hives of scum and villainy in the US. Someone should make a tribute vid of Hitchbot with the Boss' Streets of Philadelphia.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 3, 2015, 11:01 Cutter

Slashman wrote on Aug 3, 2015, 10:36:
Hey Kxmode,

Did your Star Citizen refund go through yet?

If it did, coke and hookers on him.
Pimp

News Comments > Hegemony III: Clash of the Ancients This Month
1. Re: Hegemony III: Clash of the Ancients This Month Aug 3, 2015, 10:59 Cutter

Are they justified and ancient?

19. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 2, 2015, 22:45 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Aug 2, 2015, 22:10:
HorrorScope wrote on Aug 2, 2015, 20:51:
Agent.X7 wrote on Aug 2, 2015, 18:46:
Everyone talking about how they're better than the shriveled pansy-men who don't shoot

Dreaming of some type of civilization breakdown. But reality will be they will die in a bed of old age hanging on to their last breath. This happened recently and from reports I've heard this man wasn't arrested. He's lucky he's not black or he would have been shot.

Hand on gun AND an AK on the other shoulder.

http://i.imgur.com/knFLjw1.jpg

This analysis by statistician Nate Silver says it all:

• For whites in America, murder rates are comparable to Finland.

• For blacks in America, murder rates are comparable to Rwanda.

• Blacks have a nearly 8 times greater chance of being murdered than whites.

I'd like to see that study because it sounds like cherry picking to fir a political agenda to me. Is that adjusted for overall population percentile? Black on black crime? What about black on white crime? Why do blacks account for half of all crime when they only account for 12% of the population? You don't see those numbers anywhere close to that with any other minorities. Asians account for only 1% of crime and they're 5% of the population. Just a quick search of race crime stats - FBI, etc. - shows that most of the danger that blacks face is of their own making. Everyone else seems to be moving on except them. They always seem to be looking for someone to blame and refusing to accept any responsibility for themselves. Meanwhile those from Asia seem to be moving onward and upward just fine.

14. Re: Endless Space 2 Announced Aug 2, 2015, 19:05 Cutter

Bitterbug wrote on Aug 2, 2015, 13:44:
    There's two reasons you usually see guys standing around on jobs like that. Unions and safety protocols. I worked for a construction company putting new waters systems under the roads of an air force base one summer. There is absolutely no cross-task work allowed. If I was directing around a junction where the welders were working and they needed a pipe brought to them I would have been fired for picking it up, even if we had to wait 10 minutes for someone designated as a laborer to show up and carry it over. You get one warning when you're new.
    The safety is the more reasonable. For some tasks if there's one guy working on something there's two standing by. Getting someone who has been rendered dead weight to safety is a lot of work. You may also need one person to hold the other back in order to prevent two casualties while they try to resolve the situation.

One guy was drilling a hole and the other guy lubing it with mineral oil. You need 7 guys in addition to that to make sure everyone is safe and the two guys are doing what they're supposed to do? Again, this is the problem with both unions and management. That's just fucking absurd. I've worked union gigs and hated it. Most of my family on my dad's side are all in the trades and only one works a union gig. The rest (sub)contract out because they can't stand the bullshit.

21844 Comments. 1093 pages. Viewing page 13.
    < Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo