Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 19174 (Ninja)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
28. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 26, 2014, 16:22 Cutter

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 16:13:
I really want the long dark, but am deathly afraid of EA titles now.....I will wait for next year when it is hopefully released and then on sale...

Yeah, me too. It looks good but some of the negative reviews provide some valid criticisms. I'd gamble on it for a fiver, but that's it. i hope Starpoint Gemini 2 takes a deep discount at some point - seeing as it was on Uplay for six bucks once already.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
25. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 26, 2014, 16:18 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 15:06:
Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition is only $5. Any good?

I played it a few weeks back when they had in on the free weekend. It's worth it if you like arcade fighters. Or you can just watch all the cutscenes pieced together as a movie on Youtube.

I see Titfall is on for $5 at the Origin store. Lol that property tanked fast, didn't it?

And everyone feel free to check my wishlist and buy me some games. Ktnx. Toff

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Nov 26, 2014, 12:29 Cutter

I like Chris Pratt. Liked him in GotG. And a Mosasaurus?! Love it!

News Comments > On Sale
19. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2014, 12:08 Cutter

Acleacius wrote on Nov 25, 2014, 21:00:
Is there anyway to set a percentage of a sale on your Steam Wish list? I.e. if I want to be notified of a Flash sale or any other sale where the game is 50% to 75% off.

You can do that on Is There Any Deal.

News Comments > Tales from the Borderlands Released; OS X Edition Delayed
8. Re: Tales from the Borderlands Released; OS X Edition Delayed Nov 26, 2014, 12:05 Cutter

ViRGE wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 03:06:
RaZ0r! wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 00:46:
Next up Borderlands Kart and Borderlands MOBA!
It's a good setting for a TTG adventure game. I'm waiting for reviews before putting any money down on it, but I certainly have high hopes for this one.

Cause you have high hopes? High apple pie in the sky hopes?

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 25, 2014, 18:11 Cutter

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 25, 2014, 17:38:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 25, 2014, 15:58:
The undermining of the unions corresponds directly with the stagnation of American wages. Unions aren't perfect by any means, but the lack of unions in most industries these days is a big reason for lower salaries and wages.

A union that is too close to the corporation whose workers it's supposed to represent is just as bad, and most probably worse for the workers

Unions don't solve problems, it's the people in charge, the people in Unions that have to defend their rights. And that is something corporations are trying to eradicate.

Man you can't believe the bullshit that happens in Germany when it comes to skilled workers "Too few, oh my god, no workers" is something you hear from the fuckers that are supposed to represent the workers nearly daily.

No, skilled workers are not the problem, the problem is that corporations don't want to train their own fucking workers anymore.. they only want free infinite supplies of cheap labor.

Amen. I do believe in the need for unions but most are corrupt and therefore weak. Hell, my pops was a big union guy. I remember my first summer job on a job site. We walked into the union office and he said, 'Put my son and his buddy on as second year apprentices.' And like that we were makin' $17 in 1988 when most of my friends were making $5 per hour or whatever the min was the time. And guys who had legitimate aspirations to be carpenters were sitting on a 2 year waiting list. I felt really bad about that. It's the same bullshit with nepotism in government or private industry.

This isn't a problem with right-wing politicians, the left-wing are just as complicit. This is the thing that demonstrates beyond a shadow of a doubt the elites are screwing everyone regardless of what side of the political spectrum you come down on. And this is why its key to find and support 3rd party candidates who aren't beholden to that bullshit.

News Comments > The Crew Reviews Delay
25. Re: The Crew Reviews Delay Nov 25, 2014, 17:56 Cutter

Creston wrote on Nov 25, 2014, 13:52:
There will be absolutely no embargo on any type of coverage once the game is available for sale.

That **is** an embargo, you fucking cockweasels.

Holy shit, how to go from "I like these guys!" to "Useless bunch of fucking shitwheels" in a single year: Ubisoft 2014.

Ahh Creston, you come up with the most inventive names. Cockweasels? No idea what that could possibly mean, but damn if isn't funny as hell.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 25, 2014, 16:50 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Nov 25, 2014, 15:22:
Whatever happened to "Come out with your hands up?"

Yeah, I know, right? What? Are they on the clock or something? Can't afford to wait around for people to come out when the place is already surrounded anyway? No, I think it's more about the big dick macho mentality of 'let's go kick some ass!' regardless of who gets hurt.

And shit, Castle Doctrine? I wish that existed here. I wish we were allowed to carry and conceal here. Christ, there are plenty of people in prison in Canada who are there because they shot criminals who broke into their homes while they were there. Here they want people dependent on authority. Yet, I've always been a firm believer of the old adage, a gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone. Self-defense is a natural right. We wouldn't need half the cops we have - and we have way too many as it is - if you let people police themselves. An armed society is indeed a polite society.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 25, 2014, 16:43 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Nov 25, 2014, 13:17:
Cutter wrote on Nov 25, 2014, 10:48:
Next year I'll be staring on converting my lawns into wild/rock gardens and vegetable gardens with raised beds, trellises, etc. Lawns are just a useless environmental nightmare.

Just be sure you're not in violation of local ordinances.

I know. It's insane, isn't it? I just want to get into practice for my next move in the next 5 years when I get some acreage and go the gentleman farmer route. I basically want to be self-sustaining - and mebbe enough to do a few farmers markets for some shekels - and dabble in some beekeeping, growing grapes/making wine, etc. Fortunately where I am right now they seem to encourage the rock/wild gardens and there are even a few homes around here that are award winners - one in particular is spectacular. My cousin is an urban farmer. He has his whole backyard set up and staggers his plantings on a weekly basis so he has weekly harvests of fresh food, and cans and jars the rest in the fall. That's how to do it.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 25, 2014, 10:48 Cutter

Next year I'll be staring on converting my lawns into wild/rock gardens and vegetable gardens with raised beds, trellises, etc. Lawns are just a useless environmental nightmare.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 25, 2014, 10:45 Cutter

I think we've established by now that Google is evil and only cares about money.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 25, 2014, 10:44 Cutter

There are no other worker shortages in any other industry either. There's just bad/greedy ownership and management.

The real issue, say Salzman and others, is the industry’s desire for lower-wage, more-exploitable guest workers, not a lack of available American staff. “It seems pretty clear that the industry just wants lower-cost labor,” Dean Baker, the co-director of the Center for Economic and Policy Research, wrote in an e-mail. A 2011 review by the U.S. Government Accountability Office found that the H-1B visa program, which is what industry groups are lobbying to expand, had “fragmented and restricted” oversight that weakened its ostensible labor standards. “Many in the tech industry are using it for cheaper, indentured labor,” says Rochester Institute of Technology public policy associate professor Ron Hira, an EPI research associate and co-author of the book Outsourcing America.

And yet people do nothing. In fact, they keep voting against their own future. Insanity. Utter insanity.

News Comments > The Crew Reviews Delay
5. Re: The Crew Reviews Delay Nov 25, 2014, 10:36 Cutter

Wtf is going on at Ubisoft? Are they trying to put themselves out of business?

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
5. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 24, 2014, 21:06 Cutter

Most people have heard of Snowden, few have changed habits as a result.

Of course they haven't. Most people are stupid, lazy, and selfish. A lesson I learned with bitter tears as a young idealist. Too bad Ed had to screw his life up so badly to realize that. Good guys finish last. They also wear black, but they finish last.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 24, 2014, 21:01 Cutter

Lulz at XB1!

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer
1. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer Nov 24, 2014, 20:57 Cutter

Hells yeah! Not really down with the Batmobile aspect from the looks of it but the rest looks like ass-kicking goodness. June is a weird release date though. They should always be releasing these around Halloween or just after.

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Early Access
3. Re: Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Early Access Nov 24, 2014, 20:49 Cutter

It's a year and half on and it's still pre-alpha? And how do the expect to go from a $25 KS to $40 pre-alpha? It is but to lolz. And damn...it's fugly as hell to boot.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2014, 16:54 Cutter

InBlack wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 09:44:
Guys. I need some suggestions on what to watch (series). Ive just finished Boardwalk Empire and I have run out of ideas.

Why not look to the past? I watch a ton of old series and flicks all the time.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
10. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 24, 2014, 16:37 Cutter

1badmf wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 14:34:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 13:36:
The FCC Calls AT&T's 'Fiber to the Press Release' Bluff.

CenturyLink Insists Users 'Don't Need' Fiber Speeds.

Pricey Broadband Has Resulted in Lagging Southern Adoption.

I'm glad these daily stories about our ISP oligarchy are getting some press. The blatant greed and lack of competition stays in the front of people's minds.

and yet as long as the news sticks to our enthusiast sites, i don't think either the customer base or the offenders themselves will know or care. it needs to be covered and championed by the large networks to gain any traction. we've known about this for a long time but nothing's happened because we are the 0.1% of their customer base that gets news from somewhere other than major news.

Hence the problem of major media being consolidated and owned by these conglomerates.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
16. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 24, 2014, 16:35 Cutter

@Yeahyeah

What are you 12? Some things just aren't a joking matter. If you can't grasp that very simple fact then you've got a lot of growing up to do. This isn't being the PC police over some dumb shit that causes shrill leftists to get their panties in a bunch, it's a heinous, violent crime. By all means, like JD said, start using the word rape in that context around all the women you know and see how that goes over with them and their boyfriends and husbands and such. I hope you have your dental insurance paid up.

19174 Comments. 959 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo