Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 19146 (Ninja)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 25, 2014, 16:43 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Nov 25, 2014, 13:17:
Cutter wrote on Nov 25, 2014, 10:48:
Next year I'll be staring on converting my lawns into wild/rock gardens and vegetable gardens with raised beds, trellises, etc. Lawns are just a useless environmental nightmare.

Just be sure you're not in violation of local ordinances.

I know. It's insane, isn't it? I just want to get into practice for my next move in the next 5 years when I get some acreage and go the gentleman farmer route. I basically want to be self-sustaining - and mebbe enough to do a few farmers markets for some shekels - and dabble in some beekeeping, growing grapes/making wine, etc. Fortunately where I am right now they seem to encourage the rock/wild gardens and there are even a few homes around here that are award winners - one in particular is spectacular. My cousin is an urban farmer. He has his whole backyard set up and staggers his plantings on a weekly basis so he has weekly harvests of fresh food, and cans and jars the rest in the fall. That's how to do it.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 25, 2014, 10:48 Cutter

Next year I'll be staring on converting my lawns into wild/rock gardens and vegetable gardens with raised beds, trellises, etc. Lawns are just a useless environmental nightmare.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 25, 2014, 10:45 Cutter

I think we've established by now that Google is evil and only cares about money.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 25, 2014, 10:44 Cutter

There are no other worker shortages in any other industry either. There's just bad/greedy ownership and management.

The real issue, say Salzman and others, is the industry’s desire for lower-wage, more-exploitable guest workers, not a lack of available American staff. “It seems pretty clear that the industry just wants lower-cost labor,” Dean Baker, the co-director of the Center for Economic and Policy Research, wrote in an e-mail. A 2011 review by the U.S. Government Accountability Office found that the H-1B visa program, which is what industry groups are lobbying to expand, had “fragmented and restricted” oversight that weakened its ostensible labor standards. “Many in the tech industry are using it for cheaper, indentured labor,” says Rochester Institute of Technology public policy associate professor Ron Hira, an EPI research associate and co-author of the book Outsourcing America.

And yet people do nothing. In fact, they keep voting against their own future. Insanity. Utter insanity.

News Comments > The Crew Reviews Delay
5. Re: The Crew Reviews Delay Nov 25, 2014, 10:36 Cutter

Wtf is going on at Ubisoft? Are they trying to put themselves out of business?

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
5. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 24, 2014, 21:06 Cutter

Most people have heard of Snowden, few have changed habits as a result.

Of course they haven't. Most people are stupid, lazy, and selfish. A lesson I learned with bitter tears as a young idealist. Too bad Ed had to screw his life up so badly to realize that. Good guys finish last. They also wear black, but they finish last.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 24, 2014, 21:01 Cutter

Lulz at XB1!

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer
1. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer Nov 24, 2014, 20:57 Cutter

Hells yeah! Not really down with the Batmobile aspect from the looks of it but the rest looks like ass-kicking goodness. June is a weird release date though. They should always be releasing these around Halloween or just after.

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Early Access
3. Re: Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Early Access Nov 24, 2014, 20:49 Cutter

It's a year and half on and it's still pre-alpha? And how do the expect to go from a $25 KS to $40 pre-alpha? It is but to lolz. And damn...it's fugly as hell to boot.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2014, 16:54 Cutter

InBlack wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 09:44:
Guys. I need some suggestions on what to watch (series). Ive just finished Boardwalk Empire and I have run out of ideas.

Why not look to the past? I watch a ton of old series and flicks all the time.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
10. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 24, 2014, 16:37 Cutter

1badmf wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 14:34:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 13:36:
The FCC Calls AT&T's 'Fiber to the Press Release' Bluff.

CenturyLink Insists Users 'Don't Need' Fiber Speeds.

Pricey Broadband Has Resulted in Lagging Southern Adoption.

I'm glad these daily stories about our ISP oligarchy are getting some press. The blatant greed and lack of competition stays in the front of people's minds.

and yet as long as the news sticks to our enthusiast sites, i don't think either the customer base or the offenders themselves will know or care. it needs to be covered and championed by the large networks to gain any traction. we've known about this for a long time but nothing's happened because we are the 0.1% of their customer base that gets news from somewhere other than major news.

Hence the problem of major media being consolidated and owned by these conglomerates.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
16. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 24, 2014, 16:35 Cutter

@Yeahyeah

What are you 12? Some things just aren't a joking matter. If you can't grasp that very simple fact then you've got a lot of growing up to do. This isn't being the PC police over some dumb shit that causes shrill leftists to get their panties in a bunch, it's a heinous, violent crime. By all means, like JD said, start using the word rape in that context around all the women you know and see how that goes over with them and their boyfriends and husbands and such. I hope you have your dental insurance paid up.

News Comments > Original Elite for Free
17. Re: Original Elite for Free Nov 24, 2014, 16:24 Cutter

1badmf wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 14:36:
DangerDog wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 14:17:
Alien Today on Blue's News kids react to 1984 gaming technology.

Hopefully we're all fortunate enough to be around another 30 years to look back on this moment in time with the same sense of bemusement - "did we really think that technology was the bee's knees?"

i bet OG elite could literally be played on a ti-85.

There's an original gangsta version? Dizam!

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 24, 2014, 12:24 Cutter

CenturyLink is correct however. Shit, most people don't need most everything they have if you want to get down to brass tacks about it. So in that context people don't need monopolies either so CL will have no problem opening up the floodgates to competition in that case will they?

And good to see at least someone at the FCC will call ATT on their bullshit.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2014, 12:16 Cutter

Sounds like the title of a good action flick, Hudson and the Gunnar-man.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 24, 2014, 12:13 Cutter

Rape isn't a joking matter. It's something that should have never been utilized as slang to begin with. Most PC bullshit is exactly that, but rape is not.

News Comments > Original Elite for Free
4. Re: Original Elite for Free Nov 24, 2014, 12:10 Cutter

A 30 year old game finally free, gee thanks. Real bigshots!

Rolleyes

6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2014, 17:31 Cutter

1badmf wrote on Nov 23, 2014, 12:08:
cassandra is just a cast iron bitch. she's likable in her softer moments, but then the fist of the inquisition comes out and she's about as appealing as a kick in the nuts.

You say that like it's a bad thing. Lots of men pay for that sort thing you know. I actually like Cassie. That's my pet name for her...Cassie. Cassie the classy sassy lassie!

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2014, 11:18 Cutter

Yeah, no one ever needs to see stories like that about tapeworms in the brain, or parasites that swim up your penis, or what have you. Damn!

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale This Week
1. Re: Steam Autumn Sale This Week Nov 23, 2014, 11:15 Cutter

Don't know why they even bother with this given how close the Xmas sale follows and that's the only one that we ever see any real deep discounts on stuff across the board.

19146 Comments. 958 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo