Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 19191 (Ninja)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2014, 19:03 Cutter

BobBob wrote on Dec 1, 2014, 18:24:
So I saw Interstellar at an IMAX theater. I'm searching and still haven't found the answer to this question, which seems to be a plothole in the story: If humans did indeed build the wormhole, how did they end up going to another galaxy, in order to later build the wormhole, without the wormhole in the first timeline? Or did they inhabit another local planet, then built the wormhole in order to change the timeline so they could go to another galaxy? It's either a paradox or a contradiction in the story of the movie. Of course, whether humans or aliens created the wormhole was merely conjecture by the main protagonist at separate points in the story.

The next day I saw the Penguins of Madagascar -- which I felt was a much more enjoyable movie.

Because science!

Yeah Mr. White! Yeah science!

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
14. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Dec 1, 2014, 19:01 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Dec 1, 2014, 17:55:
NegaDeath wrote on Dec 1, 2014, 13:31:
...even smart cock rings. Think of the possibilities!

Would give new meaning to the term "buttdialing."

And you sir, win the internets for today.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

8. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Dec 1, 2014, 16:09 Cutter

LittleMe wrote on Dec 1, 2014, 14:23:
People are deeply programmed, biologically speaking, to want jewelry. They'll pay far above it's actual value. The reasoning I believe is that jewelry elevates one's social status and we are highly social creatures. In primitive times, social status was tied to the most desirable breeding, food, shelter, protection, etc.

Personally I've never understood the attraction of jewellery and have never worn any. And that status hasn't changed. It's just that dumb people get it wrong and believe it's about ostentatious displays of wealth, when it's not.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2014, 13:54 Cutter

The man is walking the walk. He's following his passion, and that's a hell of a lot more important than money. Doesn't matter how much he made because he'd still be able to only feed so many. He has values. There's nothing stupid about it. It's only a shame more people weren't like him.

News Comments > This War of Mine Recoups Costs in Two Days
3. Re: This War of Mine Recoups Costs in Two Days Dec 1, 2014, 12:05 Cutter

This little war of mine...I'm gonna' let it shine....

6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2014, 12:02 Cutter

29 year old leaves NFL and 37 million contract to become farmer in order to feed the hungry

Hats off to Jason Brown. This story really made my day. So far he's donated 25 tons of food. Now there's a good man for you.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 1, 2014, 11:47 Cutter

QFT on this Dotcom nonsense....

Why the fuck are my taxes being used to pursue this guy? No special love for him but really ... priorities?!

Why are the US authorities spending all this time and money over a civil matter? Oh right, they're calling it racketeering, not copyright infringement. Sort of like what Apple, Google, etc. did with employee wages and poaching, eBooks, et al. and they never go after them with this sort of tenacity.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 1, 2014, 11:44 Cutter

Wrong area.

1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Dec 1, 2014, 11:36 Cutter

There's a sucker born every minute.  

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed Dec 1, 2014, 02:15 Cutter

What galls me is always buying hardware that's way ahead of the curve. You have all these devs talking about how cool 120/144hz is, 64 bit OS', and how each new iteration of hardware is going to make for seriously sick/rad/awesome/dudebro gaming! And so I go get it...then it all gets stomped down for the shitty fuckin' consoles.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2014, 19:33 Cutter

Damn that was a good game! Hope we see that as a repeat in the Superbowl.

And yeah, I've had a good run for the last several weeks, but I'm 8 and 6 today so far. Felt like taking a few risks this week. Ahh well that's how she goes.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $65M
18. Re: Star Citizen at $65M Nov 30, 2014, 17:44 Cutter

Flatline wrote on Nov 30, 2014, 16:41:
Cutter wrote on Nov 30, 2014, 14:59:
I wonder how much of that surge had to do with pissed off ED players who asked for refunds and jumped on this instead.

That would be like cutting your dick off because you got stood up for a date.

No. It would not. Not even close. Even that insane simile aside I'm sure there were a lot of people who went with ED over SC for myriad reasons. And, now, after being screwed over by Brabes they're going to the only other place they can go. Given the timing of this "surge" I'd say it's very likely.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2014, 17:33 Cutter

bigspender wrote on Nov 30, 2014, 15:47:
Screw the sales, gotta the love black friday fights. People in starving countries are more civil when waiting for food.

First world too. Look at Japan after the quakes. People all line up quietly for food/water/shelter. Help each other out. It's pathetic how the mouth-breathers act here.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2014, 15:03 Cutter

Excited for the Green Bay Packers v. New England Patriots football game today! Go Packers!

News Comments > Star Citizen at $65M
8. Re: Star Citizen at $65M Nov 30, 2014, 14:59 Cutter

I wonder how much of that surge had to do with pissed off ED players who asked for refunds and jumped on this instead.

News Comments > Broken Age Part Two Next Year
1. Re: Broken Age Part Two Next Year Nov 30, 2014, 14:11 Cutter

Maybe Ubisoft should buy DF and Braben out that way they can all burn through their goodwill and screw up together under one corporate umbrella.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
11. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 29, 2014, 22:44 Cutter

I've always said that as well. Just because people use a product or service for criminal endeavor doesn't mean you held the ones who made it responsible. I'm sure the Mafia uses PCs with MS Windows, does that mean MS is in collusion with them? Aiding and abetting criminals?

And ultimately it's the telco's property, so why aren't they suing them? Oh right, because they'd get crushed is why. They can't even prove that someone is committing a crime to begin with. Let's hope they get smacked down hard here.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2014, 16:33 Cutter

Will W wrote on Nov 29, 2014, 13:51:
Not sure if anyone is interested, but South Park: Stick of Truth is on sale on steam for 66% off ($13.49 US). I've been waiting to buy it for a LONG time.

Next I just have to get Wasteland 2 under 15$ and I'll be happy. :-P

SPSoT is totes worth it at $20 and under. I'm a huge SP fan however so I was laughing all the way through it.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2014, 13:00 Cutter

Alton says basting is a no go as you lose heat in the oven, which means the bird cooks longer and dries out more. I disagree - so long as you actually remove the bird from the oven and leave the door shut. I'm definitely in the pro-baste camp. I'm also pro-tent cooking for all manner of fowl. I much prefer cooking at lower temps and finishing at higher. Same with all my roasts now. 200 degrees for X hours and finish off under the broiler for about 5-7 minutes.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Nov 29, 2014, 12:40 Cutter

Yeah, 3 you could skip, but 4 is totes worth it. The naval combat alone is worth it. It's a good story to boot. All piratey and what not.

19191 Comments. 960 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo