Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 18527 (Ninja)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer
15. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer Sep 25, 2014, 16:17 Cutter

"It takes brass balls to sell real-estate."

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Frontline - The Longest Day Announced
2. Re: Frontline - The Longest Day Announced Sep 25, 2014, 16:13 Cutter

If there are only 3 classic war films you can watch then The Longest Day is one of them, along with A Bridge Too Far and Tora Tora Tora. I (re)watch these all at least once a year. It's actually pretty amazing how many good war films there are - Battle of the Bulge, Patton, Where Eagles Dare, Midway, The Guns of Navarone, et al. Now, how many good peace films are there?

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Sep 24, 2014, 22:48 Cutter

How the fuck do you waste seven fucking years on a project before realizing it's a turd?

"They realized that unless a big MMO is out-of-this-world unbelievable it won't work in today's market where it competes against a bunch of low cost options. If they felt that it just wasn't getting to that point it makes sense to cut your losses," he noted. "Also, you see games like League of Legends and their own Hearthstone which are doing very well on a much lower budget."

And this is the reason why people shouldn't listen to analysts. Particularly ones who obviously don't have a clue what they're talking about. Nice apples and oranges comparison, buddy. And they're at all relevant how?

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Sep 24, 2014, 22:39 Cutter

Yeah, he does several good impressions. A good Chris Walken too. I do a good Walken too. Also working on my McConaughey impression too since I saw those True Detective spoof ads. That guy is amazing.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Sep 24, 2014, 22:33 Cutter

Bleh, it's basically Tetris with Mechs. Thought this was going to be something really cool for a second there.

News Comments > Saints Row IV Gat out of Hell Walkthrough Trailer
1. Re: Saints Row IV Gat out of Hell Walkthrough Trailer Sep 24, 2014, 22:31 Cutter

Enh, I'll pass on this. This is way too dated, way too rehashed, way too silly now. This franchise needs a reboot with an up to date engine.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Trailer
3. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Trailer Sep 24, 2014, 22:27 Cutter

Call of Doody: Advanced Poopfare.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Bad Blood for Season Passes Released
2. Re: Watch Dogs Bad Blood for Season Passes Released Sep 24, 2014, 22:26 Cutter

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 21:11:
While I enjoyed Watch Dogs, lack of a robust multiplayer didn't leave me wanting to revisit Chicago.

What exactly is "robust" multiplayer? Isn't that really reserved for coffee?

News Comments > Steam Music Leaves Beta
3. Re: Steam Music Leaves Beta Sep 24, 2014, 22:25 Cutter

jimnms wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 21:35:
It still lacks essential features like loading playlists you've already created with other music players/managers.

I'm still waiting for a decent Steam UI and they're wasting time and money on crap like this.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Earns $1.5M
51. Re: Wasteland 2 Earns $1.5M Sep 24, 2014, 19:47 Cutter

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 18:34:
Tom wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 18:29:
Sho wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 18:13:
My 2 cents: Fallout 3 got the gameplay right, but Bethesda simply can't write dialog or create memorable characters to save their lives. New Vegas retained the gameplay and amped up the writing massively (which includes creates a gamespace with actually interesting social dynamics) and was a much better game for it overall. NV might just be my favorite Fallout, actually.
Yeah I think you're right on the money there. It's a shame too. Imagine how much better Oblivion and Skyrim could've been if they'd just had some decent writers.

Think of other things they could do a lot better... As good as they are and they are, they could be godly if they'd up their game some in a couple critical area's.

1. UI

2. A lot more skills available quickly. The magic system you could only do a few things. Melee way to basic, sure have basic swing but there should be melee skills to.

Indeed. The lack of a proper PC UI - given how much goddamned money they've made from PC players - should be considered criminal.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 24, 2014, 16:39 Cutter

El Pit wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 15:05:
This is very sad news: Malcolm Young is leaving AC/DC, his nephew will take over for him. He is too sick to go on tour with the band next year.

DAMMIT! Thanks, Malcolm, for your great contribution to one of the greatest rock bands EVER! Best wishes for the hard times ahead, mate.

No, what's sad is when the band just won't pack it in. It becomes more of an IP than an actual band. It was one thing to keep going after Bon because they were still really just hitting their stride but it's been 35 years now. It's been a great run, let it go fellas. The more geriatric rockers I see, the sadder it is.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 24, 2014, 16:35 Cutter

1badmf wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 15:49:
Prez wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 15:27:
The loss of Firefly is still painful to me.

you know, i didn't watch it when it was first on the air, but i have seen it since and the movie, and honestly i don't see what the big deal is. but then again i'm a notorious whedon hater. i've never gotten him. i've always felt his material was contrived and superficial masquerading as complex. /ducks

I recall originally not liking Buffy and Angel but it grows on you. And no it's not complex. If anyone thinks it's deep, they're fooling themselves. It's just old fashioned TV entertainment. In fact, his stuff is pretty campy - look at the Buffy episode Once More With Feeling. Firefly had that old school Saturday afternoon serial feeling to it. Tall tales from the West - set in space. I think the thing people like so much about his shows are how well the casts are put together. They seem to gel together much better than most ensembles doing similar things on TV. And this was true of Firefly as well.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 24, 2014, 15:08 Cutter

Are convicts permitted to operate spy drones?

News Comments > Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter Reborn Announced
6. Re: Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter Reborn Announced Sep 24, 2014, 14:45 Cutter

netnerd85 wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 12:52:
Give me a hell yeah!

Heck no.

36. Re: Wasteland 2 Earns $1.5M Sep 24, 2014, 14:40 Cutter

Quboid wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 14:12:
Optional Nickname! wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 12:09:
I just started playing but I just might wait for the early patches in case of game-stopping bugs

Same. I don't actually know if patches are expected or particularly required given the length and openness of the beta but as I need to restart (character build was awful as I didn't know what anything meant), I figure it's worth waiting.

I'd like to see a bit more content, the biggest disappointment is that each random encounter against raiders takes place in the same map - as Creston pointed out to me previously, this is understandable given the budget but if they're planning to add content then that's where I'd like to see it.

What game-stopping bugs? Only problem I get is a few graphical artifacts here and there with Vsync off at 120Hz, but I've yet to run into any crashes or major bugs. Kinda' surprised actually.

Most of my complaints fall into the stuff already mentioned here with shallow combat. I epxected to be much darker and grittier. It just seems a bit fluffy for a post-apoc CRPG. And yeah, at least some vatiation in maps and mobs for random encounters would be nice? Where are the rad scorpions and crazy shit like that?

35. Re: Wasteland 2 Earns $1.5M Sep 24, 2014, 14:37 Cutter

Xil wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 11:48:
Creston wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 10:48:
Awesome, glad it's doing so well for them.

Love the game. Made it to the Mad Monks last night, and just love the story in that entire area.

I loved that part, re-did it though as I wasn't sure which side to pick or not to pick, but dead funny when a monk blows itself up (don't stand to close or you'll be naked)

Fucking spoilers yo! Secret text!

8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 24, 2014, 14:24 Cutter

Woo! Packers are number 8 overall!

And no shit the Maple Laffs are dead last. Growing up in Toronto the one thing worse than being a Leaf fan is being surrounded by them. It's really more akin to a cult. Those people are waaaaaay out of touch with reality. At the start of every season they're just rationalizing away like mad how this, somehow this will be the year they'll go all the way. It's really beyond sad when you're watching it first hand.

As a long time bartender I'd be standing behind the bar as the drunken louts desperately try to convince themselves the Leafs are worth loving. That they'll somehow win. That the MLSE isn't just some hearltess corporation that only cares about money and that so long as they keep making money hand over fist that they know they'll never have to buy a winning team anyway. Forty-seven years since a cup. Hell the last time they even made the playoffs was what? 15 years ago now?

The Leafs will never win in my life time. In my 40s now and even if I live to be 100 I still sincerely doubt they'll ever win another cup. The MLSE knows they don't have to pay for a winning team, so they won't. The Leaf "nation" will still be there regardless, forking over their cash for Leaf merchandise up the wazoo, and still telling themselves each new seasons that this is the year they do it! Someone could do a doctoral dissertation on mass-delusion by studying the 'Leaf Effect'.

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Sep 24, 2014, 08:27 Cutter

Yeah, I'll definitely be waiting until it's complete - if ever - and on a good sale.  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Sep 23, 2014, 20:12 Cutter

Has KRZ put forth any new content at all? Or have they basically taken the money and run as well?

News Comments > Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG
23. Re: Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG Sep 23, 2014, 17:21 Cutter

Primalchrome wrote on Sep 23, 2014, 16:01:
MacLeod wrote on Sep 23, 2014, 15:07:
I've never understood the hate for Blizzard. In truth, except for the mis-step that was Diablo 3, I haven't seen much that they're creatively falling apart. I mean, Did I agree with a lot of their WoW decisions? No. But I also never felt that they weren't doing what they thought was best for the game.

Therein lies the disconnect. They were not making creative decisions on anything beyond Burning Crusade. They were making stockholder decisions. Big difference. Diablo III is the same animal. From a business perspective, the only thing any rational person can do is give them a standing ovation. They are riding their IP and developing it for the widest possible adoption rate. From the creative standpoint....it is now McDonalds.

Spot on, thank you.

18527 Comments. 927 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo