Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 20776 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 11, 2015, 13:19 Cutter

On a lighter note, great article, super funny and spot on....

Fuck Dark Chocolate

“Oh, your dark chocolate only has 70% cacao? You poor thing. I only eat 97% cacao fair trade raw vegan organic helper monkey picked chocolate that’s been through the digestive system of a spotted African cat.” And what the fuck is “cacao” anyway? Is that snob-spelling for “cocoa?”

Hahaha!

"During times of universal deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 11, 2015, 13:17 Cutter

Speaking of killers....

American police killed more people in March (111) than the entire UK police have killed since 1900

That's just fucking insane. It's seriously out of control now.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Apr 11, 2015, 13:09 Cutter

Yeah it's called going through the motions for appearance sake.

Two of the lawmakers who are seeking an investigation, Blumenthal and McCaskill, are co-sponsors of the I-Square bill, which would raise the base H-1B visa cap of 65,000 to 195,000.

Do those pricks sound like they care a whit?

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 11, 2015, 13:03 Cutter

It just smacks of scam.

News Comments > Path of Exile Expansion Closed Beta This Month
4. Re: Path of Exile Expansion Closed Beta This Month Apr 11, 2015, 13:02 Cutter

HorrorScope wrote on Apr 11, 2015, 12:58:
Have strange urge to want to discuss Pillar of Eternity in this thread.

PoE vs. PoEx?

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer
32. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer Apr 11, 2015, 03:19 Cutter

Sepharo wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 23:34:
I have a 7970. It should be up to the task for this and GTAV but in some games it has a habit of getting those shooting geometry rays graphical corruption. Dunno what it's deal is but I had the same issue with my last card. If it pulls that shit on Witcher 3 or GTAV I'm kicking it to the curb and going to Nvidia for the first time since the Ti4200.

I've seen that now and then with almost all my ATI cards and I've always assumed it was just a driver issue. Something at the hardware abstraction layer. With my new rig I have a kickass power-supply and I know it's not that, and my DRAM is all good too. And given that I've seen it over a few cards over the years only reinforces the suspicion that it's software related.

31. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer Apr 11, 2015, 03:15 Cutter

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 23:08:
Cutter wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 23:00:
Me too. Got the Sapphire though it already died and they replaced it - with a refurbished one. Assholes. I won't be buying from Sapphire ever again.

Pretty much every company does that including EVGA. I had my 560Ti die on me about 6mo after I bought it, it was replaced with a referb.

Apparently ASUS doesn't do that, which is what the guy at Canada Computers said in the first place but the Sapphire was cheaper and now I know why. They used to be a good company. Apparently they only shit the bed in the last few years with some new CEO taking them down the wrong path with this sort of nonsense.

18. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer Apr 10, 2015, 23:00 Cutter

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 22:54:
siapnar wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 21:15:
Just out of curiosity, what are the cards some of you guys are running (or going to run)?

GTX 970 here. Xmas buy. No regrets
7950 w/3GB on it, picked it up early last year on sale. So far it hasn't let me down on anything.

Me too. Got the Sapphire though it already died and they replaced it - with a refurbished one. Assholes. I won't be buying from Sapphire ever again.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Apr 10, 2015, 21:15 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 19:40:
So this happened.

They got 1/3 of their funding in the final 3 days. 7 $5K backers, and 7 $10K backers. Kind of suspicious if you ask me, but whatever. I'm glad the game will get made.

And what a coincidence they needed precisely that amount to secure funding. Oh well, can't wait to laugh at the suckers who backed this 2 years from now when there's still nothing to see except them with their hands out asking for yet more money. In fact I'll wager they'll probably do another one of these inside a year. That seems to be the new modus operandi. Ask for some money, so you can continue asking for money after and not deliver anything. Fools and their money are soon parted.

1. Re: Into the Black Apr 10, 2015, 19:10 Cutter

Yeah, he's one of those actors everyone liked I think. I did not know he was Juliette's dad however.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 10, 2015, 19:08 Cutter

So Intel can't do the deal with China and then gets 200 mil from the US gubment. Gee, what a strange coinkydink.

And another corporation gets a slap on the wrist and no one goes to jail. Meanwhile citizens get shot in the back 8 times running away from murderous cops.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Apr 10, 2015, 18:58 Cutter

Argh, I really wish R would have released 5 today for the weekend. Tuesday releases are sofa king lame.

1. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer Apr 10, 2015, 18:56 Cutter

Now that's what you call a fucking good trailer! That's good advertising for a good product. Even though I didn't care for the first two, that pretty much sold me right there. In the words of Darth Vader, "Impressive. Most impressive."

"Drink with me you cocksucker!" Lol! Omfg! That's so meeting my brother at a bar after he's already had a few. Heh, I do wish they'd find different curses than what we use for swearing as that always ruins my suspension of disbelief. Frack, smeg, whatever, just not fuck.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 10, 2015, 14:49 Cutter

Yeah, there was a good article in Harpers last month about how the GOP are trying to gut public lands now. Their anything for a buck mentality simply boggles the mind. Case in point, Wisconsin. Yes, because silencing discussion will just make the problem go away.

Yeah it was always exciting to watch Troy. I'd agree LT was still the best to watch. Matthew Clay is right up there as well.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 10, 2015, 14:24 Cutter

I'll take government over heartless, greedy corporations who only care about profits, any day of the week. Everything from labor laws to safe drinking water you can thank government for. It's not the corporations that were doing any of that. The problem with you LittleMe is you have no knowledge of actual history. You live in the typical fantasy bubble of the right-wing where everything corporations do are good and everything government does is bad. They've convinced you to work against your own self-interest on their behalf. You're not only a fool but a dangerous one because you seek to restore the robber barons to power and enslave your fellow working man along the way.

News Comments > Crookz – The Big Heist Trailer
1. Re: Crookz – The Big Heist Trailer Apr 10, 2015, 14:10 Cutter

70s crime capers were great. So why did they decide to take such a stupid, silly angle with this? They should have given it a serious treatment and gone heavily analogue like AI. These goofy films and a name like Crookz is a complete turn off.

5. Re: Into the Black Apr 9, 2015, 22:12 Cutter

I had to live in an apartment once. Never again. I'd rather be homeless. Seriously. I would end up burning it to the ground with everyone in it. I lasted all of 2 months. Within 2 weeks I gave my notice and started looking for something else. Basement apartments are tolerable is they're in a well made, well insulated house - with no kids and older professionals or retirees above you. Live with a friend of mine once for a while in his condo and that wasn't bad because it was entirely concrete so you never heard anything - but you still got those strange smells from whatever other people were cooking.

Now that I'm done with city life, the next goal is into the country completely in the next 2 years. 5 or 10 acres should do it, though I'll take more if it's viable. Throw up a micro home - and sauna and hot tub :). Don't want to see anyone or hear anyone as far the eye can see or voice can scream for that matter. Do the gentleman farmer thing and grow and preserve most of my food in the peace and quiet of the country.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
6. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 9, 2015, 22:01 Cutter

Speak of the fucking devil! Just came across this on Endgadget.

Descent Article

Peterson witnessed the miraculous nature of Kickstarter first-hand with Star Citizen, a campaign that asked for $500,000 and ended up with more than $2 million. Funding for Star Citizen continues on its own website, and Peterson will use this same model for Descent: Underground.

The Descent: Underground Kickstarter is step one: $600,000 is a lot of dough, but it's only enough to fund the main multiplayer portion of the game. Descendent Studios plans to add a robust single-player campaign and user-created content (with revenue share for successful creators), but the initial game will not contain every aspect on Peterson's production list. The Kickstarter campaign promises an introductory single-player mission, cooperative play and multiplayer modes, with a variety of ships and maps. After that, the full Descent: Underground will essentially be released in phases.

"If we came out and said we wanted to do the whole big experience with single-player and everything, we'd be between $1.5 and $2 million," Peterson says. "I think that's probably too high for Kickstarter today, at least for us as developers.

That's exactly what I said they were dreaming of from the beginning. Get some KS money then see if they could milk millions more for however long on their own site. This. This is why you don't support people like this or Roberts. Snakeoil Salesmen all.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
5. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 9, 2015, 21:40 Cutter

Yeah, I generally don't wish ill will to devs making games I don't care about, but such obvious scumminess makes me want them to fail. They're arrogant and greedy, and you're a fool if you back them.

News Comments > I am Bread Early Access [Updated]
3. Re: I am Bread Early Access Apr 9, 2015, 21:37 Cutter

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 20:01:
I am not sure why, but I want this. And about 5 people and a few cases of beer to play this with

I'm going to make a game about you titled 'I am Stumpy'.

20776 Comments. 1039 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo