Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Nashville, TN 02/27

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 20021 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
26. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 12, 2015, 17:39 Cutter

Prez wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 15:03:
Beamer wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 14:26:
The economy is doing well for white collar workers. If you have great experience and a degree or three it's a massive boom.

For the remaining 80% or more of the country, the rebound hasn't really happened.

This, exactly. For us blue collar workers things still suck. My wage barely keeps up with inflation, everything (except gasoline) is getting more expensive, and the income gap is widening steadily. It's a race to the bottom for the middle class. Me, I didn't vote and I doubt I ever will again in my lifetime. None of the clowns in DC - and no, not Democrats either; spare me the BS rhetoric about how things get better when they are in charge - give a shit about anything but keeping their job, living like royalty, and trading favors with corporate interests.

Things are very measurably better with them in charge, don't kid yourself there's no difference. And all I've been hearing over the last several years is how there are tons of jobs for skilled tradesmen that stay vacant. They they're begging for people in places like No Dak.

Where the jobs are: The new blue collar

That article would seen to contradict what you're saying. Maybe you're looking in the wrong places?

"We choose the right to be who we are. We know the difference between the reality of freedom and the illusion of freedom."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 12, 2015, 17:26 Cutter

Orogogus wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 14:07:
Seventyfive wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 13:45:
If democrats know so much about economics and employment, why are Detroit, Cleveland, and other liberal strongholds so blighted?

Because of population decline due to US manufacturing jobs moving overseas over the last 60 years.

I wasn't aware this was something that was even up for debate. There are people who blame this on politics? Pretty much every US metropolitan area is a liberal stronghold.

Exactly. And who ushered in Free Trade to begin with that began the end of manufacturing in NA and turned China into a superpower? Reagan and Mulroney.

"We choose the right to be who we are. We know the difference between the reality of freedom and the illusion of freedom."

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 12, 2015, 17:23 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 16:48:
Verno wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 10:11:
Alcohol’s evaporating health benefits.

Haha nooo, my excuse to drink wine too much is ruined.

That Man from UNCLE trailer is great by the way.

Yeah, we're kind of seeing a resurgence of the comedy spy genre with Kingsmen and now U.N.C.L.E. I blame Archer. Also, it's interesting that Kingsmen director Matthew Vaughn is a protege of U.N.C.L.E.'s Guy Ritchie.

Uncle looks good. Kingsmen looks awful.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
8. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Feb 12, 2015, 17:21 Cutter

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 14:58:
Offworld Trading Company™ is in Early Access on Steam.
I will probably grab it ones it comes out. Looks pretty good.

I agree but unfortunately I won't buy anything from Stardock on general principle. Plus it seems awful pricey for what's there.

News Comments > EFF Seeks DMCA Game Exception
15. Re: SOPA - Aaron Swartz Feb 12, 2015, 17:15 Cutter

El Pit wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 13:55:
ldonyo wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 12:49:
SOPA and CISPA didn't die on their own, they were taken out back and beaten by people who did more than whine and cry about how awful those pieces of legislation were. The EFF and ACLU were the main instigators of the efforts to kill those bills before they ever got out of committee.

But those people often pay a price too high. Aaron Swartz was a brilliant mind and great guy who collapsed under the pressure big money and its muppets (called politicians - BOTH democrats and republicans!) put on him by means of a very business friendly law, some dating back to the 80s and just plain wrong in our times, but good to silence activists.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Swartz

https://archive.org/details/TheInternetsOwnBoyTheStoryOfAaronSwartz

Stop holding up this guy as a working class hero. He broke the law, plain and simple. I believe in Open Access too, but I also believe other people don't and have a right to keep that information private if they wish, and that my belief doesn't trump theirs and thereby give me lease to break laws I disagree with. Run for office and change the system itself if it bothers you that much. And rather than face it like a man, he took the coward's way out. There's nothing heroic about this guy at all. Christ, if we could pick and choose what laws we want to follow I'd shoot everyone who looks at me sideways and have robbed a dozen banks by now.

News Comments > Daybreak Layoffs
12. Re: Daybreak Layoffs Feb 12, 2015, 13:18 Cutter

No it means they're going to replace the staff with younger people who will work for peanuts instead.

14. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 12, 2015, 13:15 Cutter

Prez wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 13:00:
I would say that this last Republican landslide was not a function of people thinking that Republicans suddenly have an answer but a general disgust with the Democrats' inability to do anything about stagnant wages and the loss of higher wage jobs in favor of low wage jobs. As always, in elections, as the saying goes "it's the economy stupid!" In two years when the Republicans remind everyone how utterly ineffective they are the balance will swing back to the Democrats. It's the Political Pendulum of Futility.

Yeah, but that's the thing, you economy is actually doing well. Obama and the dems had a shit ton of stuff to unfuck after 8 years of Dubya and pals. Just like Clinton did with 8 years of Reagan and 4 years of Bush Sr.. When he left office your country had never been in better shape. You had a surplus of money, you had record low unemployment, you had peace, etc. Historically if it's about the economy and jobs you vote Democrat. Conservatives just don't know how to govern or don't care because it all comes down to funneling money to the elites/big biz.

It's the same with us, after 2 terms with Mulroney and the cons, the country was in the shitter, then we get 2 terms of Chretien and the libs and things are rosy again, now after 2 terms with Harper and the cons our economy once again has tanked. It's not rocket surgery.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 12, 2015, 13:05 Cutter

Prez wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 12:50:
Personally I think the whole "forced vaccination" idea is a non-starter. If herd immunity happens somewhere in the 90% range then my suggestion for a solution would be to get the number of conscientious objectors down under 10% via education and just the right amount of scare tactics.

I'd rather see reproduction require a license by the state and just weed these morons out of the gene pool altogether.

11. Re: EFF Seeks DMCA Game Exception Feb 12, 2015, 13:02 Cutter

Suppa7 wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 12:22:
Cutter wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 12:10:
Yeah, fuck the EFF for trying to stand up for consumers. The nerve of those assholes, huh?

Rolleyes

The problem you don't see is that you need enough population of your nation that isn't braindead. This isn't america. The average american is a stupid reactionary mother fucker.

Things like the EFF require some kind of motive force aka a real on the ground movement of people to over-turn the corruption that requires a mass movement. It's not going to come about bloviating on the internet via blogposts.

You're too illiterate of history to even make the comment. Try opening a history book sometime of what's required to make serious social changes.

They are not "fighting for your rights", that would require going against good old fashion free market ideology that americans are drunk on. American culture general is criminal, violent and corrupt. That's why you people are constantly involved in wars all over the world and most americans sit on their ass passively and are either cheerleaders and spectate or are mere protestors. If you really wanted to stop shit, you'd get off your ass and storm the government. That isn't americans let's be honest.

I'm historically illiterate? Uh yeah. Clearly you're unfamiliar with my work, or the fact that I did an honours BA in History and Poly Sci.

Yeah, the civil rights movement in the 60s was such bullshit huh? It's good thing Jim Crow laws still exist. Oh wait!

Or the millions of American citizens that have protested the various wars from Vietnam onward. The current Occupy movements or the the movements that killed SOPA - as Id points out. Millions of people support the EFF but don't let the facts get in the way of your idiotic rant.

Son, lay off the drugs and come on down to reality.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 12, 2015, 12:50 Cutter

Don't most Americans refer to him as 'Aberam' or 'Honest Abe'?

And you can ignore that alcohol article. They always get that stuff wrong. Look what happened with animals fats. They have people fearing it, everything gets switched to manmade transfats and we have an obesity epidemic. Now they're finally coming out saying they were wrong. Or people just get it wrong. When the American Food Council said the average adult needs 64oz of water per day which they easily get through their food and drink over the course of the day became you need to drink 8 8oz glasses of water a day. One of my best friend's dad is a neurologist and he swears a martini a day is good for you. So I'll stick with his advice on that, thanks.

That Man from UNCLE trailer looks good. And cannot wait for the new Bond flick!

That 'upside' down truck is just stupid however.

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Feb 12, 2015, 12:32 Cutter

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 11:10:
Well guys, I already got me redchan.it(8ch redirect) address. Want your own? Possibly nsfw: Hit it up here. It's damn funny how the sjw's, and other sites are now panicking over the law & order episode. I think they may, may, have just realized that the media isn't going to jump on the bandwagon with them and is going to hurt their sweet victimbux.

Elofakingel.

Ruh?

11. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 12, 2015, 12:29 Cutter

Republican lawmakers will investigate whether there has been communication between the White House and the FCC and whether that constitutes an undue influence of the independent agency.

Oh, so undue influence to protect consumers is wrong, but undue influence from your corporate masters is perfectly fine? Fuck those hypocritical motherfuckers and the horses they rode in on. Why people keep voting for those assholes and against their own self-interest shows just how stupid most people are. Hence the old expression, 'Republican voters are rich or stupid, and most of them aren't rich.'

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 12, 2015, 12:22 Cutter

What's all this nonsense about weasels?

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Feb 12, 2015, 12:19 Cutter

Wallshadows wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 11:31:
Aside from Hipsters, I don't think there is any sub-culture which annoys me more than Steampunk and I don't know why.

Do they just make you irate to look at them? Do you want to just mow them down with your car and laugh maniacally while you scream 'Die you steampunk motherfuckers!' or is it because they confuse steamPUNK with the Victorian era where one has nothing to do with the other?

Everyone at least hates hipsters for good reason. Every time I see some douche with a beard and toque on during the summer I just want to mow him down with my car screaming 'Die you hipster motherfucker!'

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Physical Rewards Vote
9. Re: Pillars of Eternity Physical Rewards Vote Feb 12, 2015, 12:12 Cutter

Just give me my year long dealyed game already fuckers!

7. Re: EFF Seeks DMCA Game Exception Feb 12, 2015, 12:10 Cutter

Yeah, fuck the EFF for trying to stand up for consumers. The nerve of those assholes, huh?

Rolleyes

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Feb 11, 2015, 20:25 Cutter

America is the world's worst girlfriend.

Lol! The man has just gotten happier and funnier since his divorce.

Louis CK on Divorce

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 11, 2015, 20:14 Cutter

That is still my facourite English expression, 'That's just not cricket, old boy.'

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Feb 11, 2015, 20:13 Cutter

Even at 50% it's still pricey given that A) what there is is extremely short and limited B) they'll probably never finish it anyway - or at this rate it's another 2 years out.

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Collection Story Trailer
2. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collection Story Trailer Feb 11, 2015, 20:10 Cutter

Ok, that was pretty effin' sweet. I forgot how good this game was. I'll pick it up - again - it hits 5 credits.

20021 Comments. 1002 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo