Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Nashville, TN 02/27

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 20052 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Mar 1, 2015, 17:25 Cutter

SPA looks scary. Do you play it and cry like a little girl a lot?!

"We choose the right to be who we are. We know the difference between the reality of freedom and the illusion of freedom."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 1, 2015, 17:23 Cutter

Bleh, that video is US only. I'm so sick of that crap. Why bother when people can just VPN it anyway?

Wow, being able to see colour like that would be a trip. It'd probably be too overwhelming unless that's all you you've ever known. I wonder how the brain deals with that. It's interesting that yellow stresses her out and it's my favourite colour.

How Candians get to their cars? Yes, the entire country of 35 million people all have to dig tunnels to get to their cars. Rolleyes

"We choose the right to be who we are. We know the difference between the reality of freedom and the illusion of freedom."

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
1. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Mar 1, 2015, 17:10 Cutter

GG Orwellian workplace.

"It felt pretty scary, but at the same time it felt very modern, very 2015," said Lin Kowalska shortly after she had a microchip implanted in her hand.

That's just insane. This is why we can't have nice things.

News Comments > HTC's SteamVR Headset Revealed
9. Re: HTC's SteamVR Headset Revealed Mar 1, 2015, 16:59 Cutter

Another TV strapped to your face and using a clumsy controller is not VR. When people start jacking in a la Snowcrash/Neuromancer, etc. then it'll be VR.

Whatevs, this pales compared to the announcement of Half-Life 3 this coming Tuesday at GDC.

The third day, or the third month at three PM Valve will be announcing it finally. So it is written! So shall it be!

38. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2015, 20:08 Cutter

Sepharo wrote on Feb 28, 2015, 19:48:
harlock wrote on Feb 28, 2015, 18:44:
slow day at blues

Thanks for the Black Sails recommendation.
The first two episodes were great, I'm looking forward to watching the rest.
With AMC, HBO, and now Starz I guess there's a lot of good TV to watch. I still have season 4 of Hell on Wheels to watch too.

Yeah, I'm gonna' give it a watch myself. Hope everyone is watching season 3 of Vikings. Love that show.

30. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2015, 18:52 Cutter

BobBob wrote on Feb 28, 2015, 17:55:
WarPig wrote on Feb 28, 2015, 17:42:
Okay.

Obviously, you don't like celebrities. Are you saying that not one of them ever deserved to be mourned or remembered? Is it just actors or is it any famous person?

It's one thing to earn fame for doing something great that benefits mankind (educating, inspiring, sacrificing, inventing, etc.), it's another thing to seek fame for the sake of being famous. Most celebrities today (and many in the past) fall under the latter, though I'm sure there are a few exceptions.

There's a really apt quote about that from the film Edtv.

I feel that Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is now a moral good in this country. It's its own virtue.

Most of us don't disagree with you - as it applies to most celebrities. Just because someone is an entertainer does make their contributions any less valid. In this case Nimoy played a character from a remarkable show that resonated strongly with people because the character was interesting and he did it so well. Life is all about the highs and lows, right? Well, stories and storytellers help us get through it. They've been around since time immemorial. We need those escapes from time to time. No one is saying it makes a celebrity a better human being - unless you're shallow and stupid. It's simply that the medium and delivery of those stories and storytellers has changed.

News Comments > how do you Do It?
12. Re: how do you Do It? Feb 28, 2015, 18:37 Cutter

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Feb 28, 2015, 14:30:
SlimRam wrote on Feb 28, 2015, 13:52:
I suppose it could be used as an educational tool of sorts? I wonder if there is fisting?
Only if you live in Ontario(Cdn), and you go to a school in Toronto. They also teach sex with veggies as a core component.

They're just keepin' it real, yo.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2015, 16:05 Cutter

BobBob wrote on Feb 28, 2015, 15:26:
Blue wrote on Feb 28, 2015, 15:13:
BobBob wrote on Feb 28, 2015, 14:39:
Why not just ban me if it's such an annoyance? Or does the admin ego require regular inflating?

I'm assuming you've been banned in the past. The 'you shouldn't feel bad about this when this other possibly worse thing exists' schtick has a familiar ring.

I'm in the land of celebrity worship. I believe I am also in a full right to criticize it. If people want to indulge in their sadness over dead celebrities instead of pondering the demise of real-everyday-humble people that's their right, but in return I feel the need to contradict it. It's a cultural shit-stain that celebrities are given noble status with great immunity over quiet hard-working people. If you want to call my opinion trolling, so be it. I don't really care. I just wonder why you don't ban me instead of saying 'troll' every-time you disagree with something I say. I don't ever recall quoting you and calling you names. If it gives you some kind of twisted pleasure to insult me, glad to be of service. Thumbsup

Yes, and Leonard Nimoy's character had a much larger impact on a lot more people than 2 people from a church known only to their immediate family and friends so how else are people supposed to react? I don't even understand how this is an issue. So Nimoy/Spock didn't have any impact on you, super, he did on plenty of other people - as evidenced by the reaction to the news of his death. That's what happens when famous people die who are beloved by many other people.

I still remember where I was when John Lennon was murdered. Why do I care? Because his music has had a great influence on my life. It was the reason the first time I went to NYC one of the first stops I made was the Dakota building and the Strawberry Fields Memorial in Central Park across the street. Same reason I went and saw Buddy Holly's grave in Lubbock, and Hendrix's in Seattle. These people had - and still do - an impact on my life.

So no, this isn't about celebrity worship, this about people who have had meaning in your life, passing on. This is about context. You really think anyone around here would give a rat's ass if the Kardashians or Miley Cyrus died tomorrow? Of course not. If anything you'd probably read some pretty tasteless jokes about it if it was even discussed at all. One of these things is not like the other.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Feb 28, 2015, 15:57 Cutter

The outpouring of respect in Star Trek Online is a sweet and fitting tribute, and Im pleased Cryptic will honor his contributions to the IP as well as the STO MMO. If I were still playing it, my toon would have been right there beside the other players on Vulcan.

Ruh? Why is the lead producer not playing the game?

News Comments > Ascent Early Access Ascent
1. Re: Ascent Early Access Ascent Feb 28, 2015, 15:42 Cutter

HQ graphics? State of the art terrain engine? Lol! In what alternate reality is this the case? Looks like Ass(scent). Maybe they should have skipped 270 billion systems and did a few hundred well instead.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2015, 15:14 Cutter

What Colour Is This Dress? (SOLVED with SCIENCE)

Yeah Mr. White! Yeah science!

I totally forgot about the concept of color constancy. It also applies to size as well. When you study color theory you learn about constancy and how artists have to train themselves to get a grasp on what's actually there as it applies to color and size. In Betty Edward's masterful book Color she talks about this in detail.

One example was a famous art professor used to do a test with new students where he'd set up a stage full of white styrofoam objects, including an exposed carton of eggs, and then fill the area with a pink floodlight. Without fail they all painted the same picture, everything was pink except the eggs which were white. And when he brought it up they kept insisting that the eggs were white!

Claude Monet was fairly obsessed with this phenomenon as well. He actually did a series of paintings, Haystacks at Chailly in which he did a dozen or so canvases of the same landscape. Every hour he'd move on to the next canvas so he could see how the light changes things over the course of the day.

It's like when you look into a mirror and it seems the image reflected is the correct size, yet it's not. Stand and arm's length away and look at your reflection than hold your hand up in front of the mirror and it blocks out your face, yet your hand is a lot smaller than that.

It's amazing how quickly this went viral. Once again the Amazon reviewers are at it on this dress.

People are leaving hilarious reviews of the color-changing dress on Amazon

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 27, 2015, 23:19 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Feb 27, 2015, 20:06:
Cutter wrote on Feb 27, 2015, 19:42:
Ahhh, money trumps morals almost every time.

Not sure what you mean? Google doesn't make any money on adult blogs, so keeping them open is a loss for them.

Sure they do, or do you not know how Google works. And it would be compounded because all those people would likely go elsewhere and they'd lose even more money.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 27, 2015, 23:17 Cutter

It should be Tim and Peter so they can blow it off at the last minute together.

News Comments > Train Fever Free DLC
3. Re: Train Fever Free DLC Feb 27, 2015, 23:15 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Feb 27, 2015, 22:08:
I don't know why but "Train Fever" made me think of this video of Soul Train put to Daft Punk. Especially midway through when all the dancers come down the line. The dress, the moves, man, I doubt we'll ever see a show like that in our lifetimes.

Hah! That was great. I used to watch Soul Train with my pop as he was big into funk, soul, motown, etc. He actually went to the Apollo to see James Brown once in the 70s - JB was always his favorite performer.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 27, 2015, 19:59 Cutter

shihonage wrote on Feb 27, 2015, 17:06:
Cutter wrote on Feb 27, 2015, 11:37:
NegaDeath wrote on Feb 27, 2015, 10:11:
The FCCs decision to grant the petitions of Chattanooga, Tennessee and Wilson, North Carolina is a troubling power grab,

Was going to post the same response below but someone beat me to it:
"It's like watching a 6th grade bully telling a high school kid to go pick on someone his own size, when the high school kid interrupts the 6th grader from beating up a 3rd grader."

Bang on. Stop obstructing my ability to obstruct others!

It's part of their whole cognitive dissonance. It's why they call themselves pro-life when they're really anti-choice. The GOP & their suppoerters - the reason working class Americans can't have nice things.

Spoken like a true proletariat stooge. Lenin used low-information voters like you to create a revolution in my home country. Now Obama's using people like you for a soft coup. Some things never change.

Spoken like a true imperialist stooge. There's an old expression in America that applies to right-wing nutjobs like yourself everywhere, 'Their voters are rich or stupid, and most of them aren't rich.' A soft coup? Lol! I think you better double up the tinfoil on your hat.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Feb 27, 2015, 19:56 Cutter

Bart: Leonard Nimoy? What are you doing here?

Leonard Nimoy: Wherever there is mystery and the unexplained, cosmic forces shall draw me near.

Bart: Uh-huh.

Hot Dog Vendor: Hey Spock, what do you want on your hot dog?

Leonard Nimoy: Surprise me.

Thanks for all the great memories, Len! RIP!

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Feb 27, 2015, 19:52 Cutter

What a sad tale for such a great game. It's insane that no one can prove ownership yet these guys can't move forward. This amounts to free money for WB! Maybe not a ton, but it's free money! Shit, if they don't want it I'll take it.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 27, 2015, 19:42 Cutter

Ahhh, money trumps morals almost every time.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 27, 2015, 19:41 Cutter

Ok, this is gonna' be a thing now for a while isn't it?

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
1. Re: Evening Screenshots Feb 27, 2015, 19:40 Cutter

Oh come on! You can't delay the game yet another 3 weeks and then show this! It should be illegal! Classified as torture. Oh wait the US does that anyway.

20052 Comments. 1003 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo