Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 18357 (Ninja)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Starpoint Gemini 2 Launches
1. Re: Starpoint Gemini 2 Launches Sep 26, 2014, 21:16 Cutter

Looks pretty good. Anyone playing it?

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 26, 2014, 17:04 Cutter

Julio wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 11:33:
I feel so sorry for Microsoft that they can't pay people what it takes to fill those vacant jobs. Maybe if they didn't throw away $2.5 billion on Minecraft...but aren't they sitting on a ton of cash?

Or is this really about depressing wages by bringing in temporary workers from other countries?

That's what the entire H-1B program is about, cheap labour. There is zero shortage of skilled workers. There's a major shortage of employers that want to play employees fairly, nevermind well.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
9. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Sep 26, 2014, 17:00 Cutter

#BillGates

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Reviews; Hi-Rez Texture Plans
44. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Reviews; Hi-Rez Texture Plans Sep 26, 2014, 16:14 Cutter

Destructoid gave it a 6/10. Said it was OK, but just that. So yeah, you might want to hold off from a day one buy.

News Comments > The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Appears
7. Re: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Appears Sep 26, 2014, 16:11 Cutter

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 12:25:
So there is gameplay and puzzles? Not just a walking simulator?

So you're not into walking on the sunshine? Because whoa-oh it feels good!

News Comments > Frontline - The Longest Day Announced
4. Re: Frontline - The Longest Day Announced Sep 25, 2014, 21:44 Cutter

Quboid wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 16:36:
There does seem to have been something of a golden age then. Kelly's Heroes and Bridge Over The River Kwai are more greats from that era.

A few don't hold up so well, inevitably. Where Eagles Dare goes a bit far IMHO, with Clint Eastwood gunning down soldiers like he's playing Call of Duty, and anything with David Niven in probably won't be a favourite of mine but each to their own. I think From Russia With Love is one of the best Bond films so clearly I have awful, awful taste

I'll grant you Eagles is a bit fantastic but Burton was so damn good in it. And how can you not like David Niven?!?! Love that man! And I'd say my favourite Bond flick now is Skyfall, followed by FRWL. Anything with Robert Shaw is the tits. If you haven't seen Battle of the Bulge you have to, just because of him alone.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Trailers
8. Re: Alien: Isolation Trailers Sep 25, 2014, 21:34 Cutter

They should use the Grateful Dead's I Will Survive as the theme song. Or Eye Of The Tiger by Survivor.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 25, 2014, 21:31 Cutter

Bodolza wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 17:05:
Cutter wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 16:28:
meat and meat byproducts as they're not compostable

Yes, they are.

Seattle Compost Guidelines

I'm talking about yard compost, not industrial compost accepted by the city and used for fuels. If they mean green bins, we have those too. However home composting of meat and meat by-products, dairy and oils are a bad thing.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Sep 25, 2014, 21:27 Cutter

I could see where it would be hellish, but it would also be something of a blessing too. None of the old baggage weighing you down.. Rediscovering everything as new. Reminds me of that Harrison Ford flick Regarding Henry.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 25, 2014, 16:28 Cutter

Apartment buildings must have compost bins available, but residents of apartment buildings arenít required to use them.

And businesses arenít subject to any composting requirements.

And discrimination lawsuit in 3...2...1...

So they're going to be paying inspectors to walk around and root through peoples garbage and fine them $1 if the garbage is over 10% food? Like Luck said, I have virtually no waste as I recycle everything. My food waste really amounts to meat and meat byproducts as they're not compostable. So even though I'd be throwing out 1/4 of a plastic bag you use to put your fruit in at the supermarket - I don't, but I'm just making a point here - means that my garbage is essentially 100% food waste. And I'm supposed to get fined for that?

And give how much food businesses - particularly in anything actually related to food - waste, that's not only discriminatory against homeowners, it does nothing to address an even larger source of waste. Anyone who's ever worked in the resto biz knows how absolutely criminal it is in the amount of food wasted. It actually really, really, really bothers a lot of people who work in the industry but we can't do anything about because of cheap/bad owners/management. Those are the jerks that need to be forced into doing the right thing.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer
15. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer Sep 25, 2014, 16:17 Cutter

"It takes brass balls to sell real-estate."

News Comments > Frontline - The Longest Day Announced
2. Re: Frontline - The Longest Day Announced Sep 25, 2014, 16:13 Cutter

If there are only 3 classic war films you can watch then The Longest Day is one of them, along with A Bridge Too Far and Tora Tora Tora. I (re)watch these all at least once a year. It's actually pretty amazing how many good war films there are - Battle of the Bulge, Patton, Where Eagles Dare, Midway, The Guns of Navarone, et al. Now, how many good peace films are there?

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Sep 24, 2014, 22:48 Cutter

How the fuck do you waste seven fucking years on a project before realizing it's a turd?

"They realized that unless a big MMO is out-of-this-world unbelievable it won't work in today's market where it competes against a bunch of low cost options. If they felt that it just wasn't getting to that point it makes sense to cut your losses," he noted. "Also, you see games like League of Legends and their own Hearthstone which are doing very well on a much lower budget."

And this is the reason why people shouldn't listen to analysts. Particularly ones who obviously don't have a clue what they're talking about. Nice apples and oranges comparison, buddy. And they're at all relevant how?

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Sep 24, 2014, 22:39 Cutter

Yeah, he does several good impressions. A good Chris Walken too. I do a good Walken too. Also working on my McConaughey impression too since I saw those True Detective spoof ads. That guy is amazing.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Sep 24, 2014, 22:33 Cutter

Bleh, it's basically Tetris with Mechs. Thought this was going to be something really cool for a second there.

News Comments > Saints Row IV Gat out of Hell Walkthrough Trailer
1. Re: Saints Row IV Gat out of Hell Walkthrough Trailer Sep 24, 2014, 22:31 Cutter

Enh, I'll pass on this. This is way too dated, way too rehashed, way too silly now. This franchise needs a reboot with an up to date engine.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Trailer
3. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Trailer Sep 24, 2014, 22:27 Cutter

Call of Doody: Advanced Poopfare.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Bad Blood for Season Passes Released
2. Re: Watch Dogs Bad Blood for Season Passes Released Sep 24, 2014, 22:26 Cutter

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 21:11:
While I enjoyed Watch Dogs, lack of a robust multiplayer didn't leave me wanting to revisit Chicago.

What exactly is "robust" multiplayer? Isn't that really reserved for coffee?

News Comments > Steam Music Leaves Beta
3. Re: Steam Music Leaves Beta Sep 24, 2014, 22:25 Cutter

jimnms wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 21:35:
It still lacks essential features like loading playlists you've already created with other music players/managers.

I'm still waiting for a decent Steam UI and they're wasting time and money on crap like this.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Earns $1.5M
51. Re: Wasteland 2 Earns $1.5M Sep 24, 2014, 19:47 Cutter

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 18:34:
Tom wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 18:29:
Sho wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 18:13:
My 2 cents: Fallout 3 got the gameplay right, but Bethesda simply can't write dialog or create memorable characters to save their lives. New Vegas retained the gameplay and amped up the writing massively (which includes creates a gamespace with actually interesting social dynamics) and was a much better game for it overall. NV might just be my favorite Fallout, actually.
Yeah I think you're right on the money there. It's a shame too. Imagine how much better Oblivion and Skyrim could've been if they'd just had some decent writers.

Think of other things they could do a lot better... As good as they are and they are, they could be godly if they'd up their game some in a couple critical area's.

1. UI

2. A lot more skills available quickly. The magic system you could only do a few things. Melee way to basic, sure have basic swing but there should be melee skills to.

Indeed. The lack of a proper PC UI - given how much goddamned money they've made from PC players - should be considered criminal.

18357 Comments. 918 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo