Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 16503 (Ninja)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Frontier Gains Elite Rights; Braben to Sell Frontier Stock
23. Re: Frontier Gains Elite Rights; Braben to Sell Frontier Stock Apr 17, 2014, 17:13 Cutter

nin wrote on Apr 17, 2014, 16:07:
Cutter wrote on Apr 17, 2014, 15:31:
Yeah, yeah, I know. It was a typo. I had just woke up. IRregardless - while known to older players it doesn't mean anything to most younger gamers. Otherwise it's a rather large waste of money unless whatever those other assets are are pretty sweet.

Hah you see what I did there.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: Frontier Gains Elite Rights; Braben to Sell Frontier Stock Apr 17, 2014, 17:13 Cutter

Bard wrote on Apr 17, 2014, 17:00:
hmm.. seems to be that crowdfunders think they are paying for development of the thing they give money for (ie a product), only for increasing portions of the money to be used for all sorts of extra stuff like posh offices and non developmental related things.

But that's the thing. The KS only raised 1.5M pounds so where is this all coming from?

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 17, 2014, 15:36 Cutter

BobBob wrote on Apr 17, 2014, 12:41:
Perhaps I'm overly romantic, I don't consider any lottery winning as valuable as my priceless marriage.

Even if you won a private beach?

News Comments > Starbound Update Pace Explained
9. Re: Starbound Update Pace Explained Apr 17, 2014, 15:34 Cutter

Stimpack wrote on Apr 17, 2014, 13:24:
So, in short, people are idiots who get outraged when their unrealistic expectations aren't met. I've been following the game for a long time, and it seems to be doing just fine. I was pissed with the delayed release, but I feel fine with the progress that they've made.

Who the fuck are you comment on whose expectations are unrealistic or not? Anyone not in line with your POV is an idiot, right? Rolleyes

17. Re: Frontier Gains Elite Rights; Braben to Sell Frontier Stock Apr 17, 2014, 15:31 Cutter

Orogogus wrote on Apr 17, 2014, 12:57:
djinn wrote on Apr 17, 2014, 10:48:
Cutter wrote on Apr 17, 2014, 09:42:
The name doesn't have that much cache.

http://www.tubechop.com/watch/2558713

The word is "cachet."

Yeah, yeah, I know. It was a typo. I had just woke up. IRregardless - while known to older players it doesn't mean anything to most younger gamers. Otherwise it's a rather large waste of money unless whatever those other assets are are pretty sweet.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 17, 2014, 11:54 Cutter

nin wrote on Apr 17, 2014, 09:22:
You can use the same line tomorrow, and we'll have a second Groundhog Day.

edit:
I have no idea what "maundy" means.

I'd be curious what that is as well.

Maundy. I knew of the foot washing thing but I did not know it was Maundy.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 17, 2014, 10:24 Cutter

19, while technically a teen is still an adult.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 17, 2014, 10:19 Cutter

As Frank Costanza would say, "Hoochie mama!"

News Comments > 75 More Steam Greenlights
2. Re: 75 More Steam Greenlights Apr 17, 2014, 09:48 Cutter

nin wrote on Apr 17, 2014, 09:24:
Why do they have to make it a popup window???

Because they're fans of popup video? I agree it's annoying.

News Comments > Starbound Update Pace Explained
1. Re: Starbound Update Pace Explained Apr 17, 2014, 09:44 Cutter

Friggin hope so or I want my money back. No more early access BS for this guy.

4. Re: Frontier Gains Elite Rights; Braben to Sell Frontier Stock Apr 17, 2014, 09:42 Cutter

The name doesn't have that much cache. Wasting what? 8 million US to secure the rights to Elite instead of simply renaming it? And where the hell did they get the money for this? See, it's exactly this sort of shit that makes me want to stay well the hell away from crowd-funding.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Trailer
1. Re: Alien: Isolation Trailer Apr 17, 2014, 09:39 Cutter

Excellent trailer. That just ratcheted up my interest several notches.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Broken Sword 5 The Serpent's Curse: Episode Two
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Broken Sword 5 The Serpent's Curse: Episode Two Apr 17, 2014, 09:16 Cutter

Sho wrote on Apr 17, 2014, 05:26:
While I haven't finished the game yet, these guys have really delivered in my book. It's the Kickstarter I'm happiest with in terms of that (over e.g. Broken Age and Shadowrun Returns). "10/10 would back again", basically.

That's always good to hear. Shadowrun, at first, was a major disappointment. The Berlin campaign redeemed them entirely however. I'll look at picking this up at some point.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
10. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 17, 2014, 01:58 Cutter

Not to mention the world still needs people who actually do physical stuff. An engineer may create a bridge on a computer but people still have to go and build the thing and the things that make up the bridge and every other ancillary part of the physical process connected to it.

And it's not like most of those kids are going to be super-coders because of this. They'll end up lacking both or either mental or physical skills because of it.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Apr 16, 2014, 18:45 Cutter

Cool trailer. I be nin is going to watch the shit out of this film.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 16, 2014, 18:32 Cutter

I'm so sick of the telcos and cable companies and their decades of corporate welfare and abuse. What a great fucking scam for them. Remember kids, the lesson here is don't do the crime yourself, let the corporation do it!

News Comments > SHiFT Heartbleed Warning
1. Re: SHiFT Heartbleed Warning Apr 16, 2014, 18:23 Cutter

Someone needs to come up with a service that changes all your passwords on all the sites you're registered on at least once a week.

News Comments > 1849 Next Month; Early Access Now
1. Re: 1849 Next Month; Early Access Now Apr 16, 2014, 18:21 Cutter

Enh, I was kind of stoked for this and hoping it would be good, but the fact that it's a tablet game? Meh? Bleh?

News Comments > Concursion Demo
1. Re: Concursion Demo Apr 16, 2014, 18:20 Cutter

Pewba?

20. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 16, 2014, 18:19 Cutter

First, spelling falls under grammar. It's not grammar AND spelling. When you speak of grammar it includes it. And Uncle Jack is a proper and complete title which is why they're capitalized - like Uncle Sam. Simply referring to any uncle makes it small case. If you don't understand the difference you should brush up on your remedial grammar.

Strunk and White's Elements of Style

16503 Comments. 826 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo