Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 20439 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 16, 2015, 18:19 Cutter

Burrito of Peace wrote on Mar 16, 2015, 17:12:
RE: California Water Shortages

This is actually a battle I am fighting right now here in Central Texas. We have a water rights war going on between land owners and large corporations like Aqua, Perdenales and others that are drilling in to aquifers and sucking them dry so that they, the large corporations, can ship that water to places like California for an insane profit while fucking over the land owners on the aquifer who have wells and for whom connecting to a municipal water system just isn't an option either due to a total lack of availability or the astronomical cost of running miles of pipe just to connect to such a system.

Hell, there are some counties whose officials are firmly in the pocket of such corporations who are trying to make it illegal to setup rain water collection and caching. It's insane how badly corporatism has destroyed the United States.

Yeah, scary thing is that's going on everywhere across the globe. It's a *MAJOR* issue. Up here it's Nestle doing that same shit in Welland while the town imposes restrictions on all local residents and business. The fucking CEO said that water is not a human right nor should the public have any rights to it. It's even worse in places like Africa where these multinationals have bought all the water rights from corrupt juntas and now the poorest people on the goddamned planet have to pay to access any and all water.

I dunno if you've checked any of the books about this on Amazon but there are plenty of good resources for it. Sad thing is most people don't give a shit, or won't rather, until it impacts them directly. And of course by that time it's too late.

Fuck me. The way all this shit is going in the world has to come to a head soon. WWIII seems, to me, to be more likely than ever now. War. War never changes.

“That's it. You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!”
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Video
40. Re: Star Citizen Video Mar 16, 2015, 18:08 Cutter

Illumin wrote on Mar 16, 2015, 16:44:
If you call your speculation truth then so be it. If SC ends up charging a sub then yeah ill be mad.Im not ready to jump on the hater wagon yet. I see a steady flow of information and progress reports so why should I?

We're haters because you guys drank the Kool-Aid? Heh, yeah, ok. What's the name of your space station? Jonestown?

“That's it. You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!”

33. Re: Star Citizen Video Mar 16, 2015, 16:03 Cutter

Removing that comment doesn't make it any less true.

26. removed Mar 16, 2015, 13:26 Cutter

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Mar 16, 2015, 14:24.

12. Re: Star Citizen Video Mar 16, 2015, 10:48 Cutter

Illumin wrote on Mar 16, 2015, 10:18:
Cutter wrote on Mar 16, 2015, 09:48:
All I see is a lot of time and money being wasted on everything that isn't the space game that was promised. Besides everything being monetized out the ass what do you think Roberts is going to charge for a monthly fee for MP if and when it arrives? Standard $15 a month? Or push it to $20 or $30? Probably tiered with "premium" P2W monthly packages I suspect.

Cutter you get so mad over shit you make up and speculate on. Read the faq. It says no sub. Now if they go back on their word and charge then get pissed ( I will ). But give it a fuckn rest all ready. You pull so much shit out of a hat. I hear you that you want you space game but some people want something a bit deeper than just flying around in space shooting alien X Y Z.

Lol! U man bro? Where do you see any anger in my post? I'm just positing a logical question. Just remember when the other shoe drops and they announce monthly fees for the MP portion of the game who was right all along. Meantime, give your nerdrage a rest. Shit, truth hurts huh? The only reason people get angry like you're doing now is because, deep down, you know I'm right. Sucks to be you huh?

8. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 16, 2015, 10:42 Cutter

So, let us know how awesome that sunshine is next year Bob when you've all died of dehydration.

"Mexican Americans don't like to go to the movies where the dude has to wear contact lenses to make his blue eyes brown cause don't it make my brown eyes blue...."

And Vern, really? I thought Interstellar is one of the worst films I've ever seen. It had plotholes larger than wormholes you could drive a spaceship through. That was one of those 'Well there's 2 hours of my life I'll never get back.' films.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 16, 2015, 10:24 Cutter

Great article on these ridiculous clickbait titles about "life in prison".

Crime: Whale Sushi. Sentence: ELEVENTY MILLION YEARS.

He was a moderator on a drug site, he wasn't even a dealer. What are the odds that he's going to get anything beyond a year or two at the most if that?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 16, 2015, 09:51 Cutter

Good. More people cutting the cord can't come soon enough. It's the only way change is going to be effected.

News Comments > Morning Previews
1. Re: Morning Previews Mar 16, 2015, 09:50 Cutter

"Mr. Deckard, he say you Braderunner."

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Mar 16, 2015, 09:49 Cutter

Yeah, it's a nice world and all but it is most definitely not a great CRPG by any stretch. Certainly not GOTY material. Not even close.

3. Re: Star Citizen Video Mar 16, 2015, 09:48 Cutter

All I see is a lot of time and money being wasted on everything that isn't the space game that was promised. Besides everything being monetized out the ass what do you think Roberts is going to charge for a monthly fee for MP if and when it arrives? Standard $15 a month? Or push it to $20 or $30? Probably tiered with "premium" P2W monthly packages I suspect.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 15, 2015, 15:48 Cutter

Wallshadows wrote on Mar 15, 2015, 14:28:
Can anyone recommend better options to watch US/UK Netflix from Canada? I've tried Hola and ZenMate but they're both incredibly shitty when it comes to offering a consistent uptime and ZenMate just absolutely destroys my browsing speed on top of it. I don't just mean slowness in general but there are often times when there is absolutely no activity for 30 seconds or more.

Driving me absolutely wild.

Didja try Tunnelbear? That or just search top 10 vpns 2015 and try a few out I suppose.

News Comments > Descent: Underground Single-Player Details
6. Re: Descent: Underground Single-Player Details Mar 15, 2015, 15:35 Cutter

Token SP campaign? Yeah, that's not gonna do it. These guys are totes dreaming they can pull off another SC. Yeah, that's not gonna happen either. I wouldn't trust these people as far as I could throw them.

News Comments > Fighting Cities: Skylines Piracy with Customer Support
12. Re: Fighting Cities: Skylines Piracy with Customer Support Mar 14, 2015, 18:54 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Mar 14, 2015, 17:51:
Cutter wrote on Mar 14, 2015, 16:52:
bad developers abusing the system

BTW, I went and read the comments where you got banned. I'm not going to say you deserved it, but given how over the top you went in your post (Godwin's law in 1) I can't say I'm surprised that the outcome. Even relative to your posts here it was pretty acerbic.

And as I stated, there are few things that bother me as much as censorship - something they practice freely - so yeah I was justifiably pissed at that point. The fact they banned me only further reinforces my point. The fact that Steam wouldn't even reply to my complaint only further reinforces that point as well.

They're simply too monolithic now. And the regional bullshit is just so anti-consumer. And that *really* gets on my tits as well. So yeah, let's hope we start seeing some actual real competition to Steam or at least devs not buying into their bullshit. And the upside is they won't have to give Valve 30 points either.

News Comments > Fighting Cities: Skylines Piracy with Customer Support
7. Re: Fighting Cities: Skylines Piracy with Customer Support Mar 14, 2015, 16:52 Cutter

Jerykk wrote on Mar 14, 2015, 16:44:
Cutter wrote on Mar 14, 2015, 15:14:
Steam is DRM. No, what they should be doing is offering a stand alone - or via GOG - Steam/DRM free edition instead. In fact everyone needs to start doing that. I'm pretty tired of Steam and their shitty policies and lack of CS.

Steam is DRM but its benefits far outweigh its downsides. Cloud saves, automatic updates, achievements, trading cards, one-click installs, leaderboards, matchmaking... buying and playing a game on Steam is usually more convenient and productive than playing a pirated copy.

None of those things is a benefit except the updates. Cetaintly nothing that warrants region pricing, region locks, bad CS, bad developers abusing the system, etc. So there's zero upside and a lot od downside. And that's easy enough for devs/publishers to push their own updates without Steam. Between the two I'll opt for a Steam free experience now, please and thank you very much.

News Comments > Valve on Improving Steam Customer Service
12. Re: Valve on Improving Steam Customer Service Mar 14, 2015, 16:48 Cutter

harlock wrote on Mar 14, 2015, 16:08:
El Pit wrote on Mar 14, 2015, 16:03:
harlock wrote on Mar 14, 2015, 16:01:
Creston wrote on Mar 14, 2015, 15:18:
"The more important thing is that we don't feel like our customer service support is where it needs to be right now,"

RIGHT NOW? Your customer support has been fucking terrible for over a fucking DECADE. Thanks for waking the fuck up.

right now, in terms of pleasing investors, shareholders, etc.

What shareholders? Did Gabe sell out?

with the launch of steam machines, VR, etc. - good time to go public

They have zero need to. And that's actually a major part of the problem.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 14, 2015, 15:38 Cutter

Fantaz wrote on Mar 14, 2015, 14:25:
oh damn, the new Thunderbirds looks like a crap kiddie show now...

Yeah, well you knew that was going to happen. Poor Gerry Anderson must be spinning in his grave. It always sucks how the greedy suits just destroy properties after the creators die. It shouldn't be permitted.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Mar 14, 2015, 15:34 Cutter

That review for Starships is mostly spot on and I said basically the same things myself in my Steam review of it. Most of the neg reviews are people who seem to think they were getting a full-on Civ type game for $15. Uh huh, yeah, smoke another doob. Or can't figure out how to get the game into fullscreen - um, it's right there in options. $15 is too much, but $5 would be fair.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
1. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Mar 14, 2015, 15:30 Cutter

Yet another biometric device they can track you with. Oh hell no!

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
1. Re: Saturday Metaverse Mar 14, 2015, 15:28 Cutter

So Gfibe kills people does it? Heh. Clearly the guy - yet another anal-lyst - doesn't get what's happening and has no idea how it's going to unfold. Did it ever occur to him the reason Googs isn't seeing more people in Kansas yet is because people are waiting for their contracts to expire? So far they've seen numbers doubling and that's only set to increase. Jesus, it never ceases to amaze me that people like that can convince other people to pay them for their boneheaded opinions.

20439 Comments. 1022 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo