Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 21878 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
7. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Aug 16, 2015, 20:10 Cutter

I'm always curious if Walt is paid for his disinformation as some sort of viral marketer or is just really obtuse. You absolutely have everything to fear about Windows 10 - if you value your privacy in the least. He's the same clown that always claims the NSA isn't spying on people - even when the NSA admits it. I'm guessing it's the latter. Just another right-wing reactionary extremist living 24/7 in his reality distortion field.

"During times of universal deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Mod Tool Backlash
8. Re: The Witcher 3 Mod Tool Backlash Aug 16, 2015, 16:15 Cutter

born2expire wrote on Aug 16, 2015, 15:20:
gotta protect that upcoming DLC

Negro, please. Mod tools or none the expansions will sell like hotcakes regardless.

Rolleyes

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
11. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 15, 2015, 19:29 Cutter

NewMaxx wrote on Aug 15, 2015, 14:15:
Competition is always good, but it's hard not to think of "beware the Greeks, even bearing gifts."

'Beware the Greeks bearing lube.'

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
7. Re: Evening Safety Dance Aug 15, 2015, 19:25 Cutter

Free trade under the Reagan/Thatcher/Mulroney oligarchs was the beginning of the end of the middle-class. NAFTA is where we were forced to bend over and take it sans lube. CETA/TPIP finally rams it in and breaks it off completely. If you think it's bad now, over the next 20+ years it's going to get so much worse. I estimate the middle-class will be almost entirely gone in 50 years time. Most into the poor category. But some acreage make sure your kids learn to be self-sufficient, learn trade skills, otherwise they're F'd in the A.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 15, 2015, 19:20 Cutter

Ecthelion wrote on Aug 15, 2015, 13:28:
Fion wrote on Aug 15, 2015, 12:51:
I love my toaster oven. It cooks a lot of things as well as and faster than a traditional oven and food tastes better than it would out of a microwave. Hell I don't even toast bread in a toaster anymore because it just tastes better out of a toaster oven.

Yeah, they are awesome. Leftover french fries or anything bready is much better re-heated in a toaster oven than a microwave.

Yeah, I have a Breville 800 and it's one of the best investments I've ever made in a kitchen tool. Thing is just all around awesome. Expensive but worth every penny.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 15, 2015, 11:29 Cutter

And Mrs. Blue asks, Didja have to, didja have to, didja have to let it linger....

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Aug 15, 2015, 11:27 Cutter

And why is any research required at all? The only real question is why isn't mental health access freely available and why don't you need a mental health assessment to own a gun. Oh right, because the NRA won't permit it. So much for responsible gun ownership.

It's estimated that 1 in 24 people in the US has APD - sociopath or psychopath - that's just way too many people who shouldn't have access to guns, as the evidence bears that out.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 14, 2015, 20:02 Cutter

Well it sounds like CBC is in the clear but it's gonna' cost CNN. Good for him. One less scumbag lawyer in the world. Ahh no wonder it seemed like a brighter day today.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Aug 14, 2015, 19:54 Cutter

More and more the war on the citizenry and democracy becomes ever more obvious. The police have become corrupt rogue agencies that run unchecked. The politicians are nothing more than mouthpieces for the corporations and the corporations virtually are the government. The dystopia is coming, do not doubt.  

News Comments > Otherland Early Access This Month
1. Re: Otherland Early Access This Month Aug 14, 2015, 19:25 Cutter

Wow, does that look bad. And who the hell is Tad Williams? Who would be cruel enough to name their child Tad?

10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 14, 2015, 16:17 Cutter

Task wrote on Aug 14, 2015, 15:12:
Julio wrote on Aug 14, 2015, 12:52:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 14, 2015, 11:38:
GOG Weekend Promotion 40+ Ubisoft games up to 75% off

$3.00 for HOMM3 complete, then adding hota for even more fun is a great deal.

I always hear that HOMM3 is the "bestest" of those HOMMMMMMMMM games, as far classics go. I think I just might have to take a looksie.

You've never played HOMM3? Wow! Beware the cracklike addiction of it. It was the game that perfected the 'just one more turn and I'll go to bed' line you said until you suddenly realized all bleary eyed that the sun has risen and you've been playing all night.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 14, 2015, 15:04 Cutter

Retired wrote on Aug 14, 2015, 14:23:
Went to the Vikings draft party in Minneapolis, with a couple donations we "won" 4 tickets to the game this Sunday. With the other items in the grab bags that we bought, I am more than happy with the outcome, especially considering they are lower level 18 rows off of the field. Although I am a season ticket holder, we opted to not buy into the TCF while the new stadium was being built. With the weather, the price is right for a fun evening out with family.

So now you can watch them lose from closer than ever! Hi-o!

Drummer

News Comments > Morning Interviews
8. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 14, 2015, 14:59 Cutter

Ceribaen wrote on Aug 14, 2015, 13:42:
I liked Pacific Rim, but honestly... there should have been more monsters vs robots and less character development.

That and not have the final climatic battle be in an environment where the robots are basically useless!

Exactly. People don't watch monster movies for character development. More crushin' and less gushin'.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Aug 13, 2015, 19:45 Cutter

Yeah, more plastic in the water supply that's what's needed. Don't do anything like get rid of lawns or recycle water or build grey water systems and desalinization plants on a large scale or anything because that would make sense.

Rolleyes

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Aug 13, 2015, 18:27 Cutter

D&D Comic Bundle looks good.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2015, 15:29 Cutter

The footballs tonight! Yay!

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
8. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 13, 2015, 14:37 Cutter

QFT...

"The Windows 10 EULA and Microsoft's Privacy Statement declare that Microsoft will access and use the content of people's emails and other files, such as documents uploaded to One Drive, according to Microsoft's discretion. "Share with our partners" also includes law enforcement, wherever Microsoft deems required. And I think Microsoft cannot ignore any instance which they feel should be forwarded to law enforcement without making themselves complicit in any potential criminal activity.

Windows 10's all-your-contents-are-belongs-to-us policy is also a widening of the backdoor which law enforcement asks OS manufacturer to build into their systems.

Basically, Microsoft's Windows 10 EULA claims that all files used in Windows 10 may be accessed, searched, and contents utilized by Microsoft, with Microsoft exercizing sole discretion over what it will access, and how it will be used.

I think all businesses, content creators, and even nations should be dismayed at this. It looks like Russia already is concerned with Windows 10's always-on espionage against its users:

http://www.rt.com/politics/312172-windo ... ent-stirs/

If people will recall, Microsoft was previously found to be snooping in people's Outlook emails, and this discovery caused a furor among people, leading to Microsoft saying they would not do this anymore:

http://www.wired.com/2014/03/microsoft_vigilante/1
http://www.theverge.com/2014/3/20/55314 ... l-policies2

But now, Microsoft has made it a guaranteed policy of Windows 10 that they will always do this:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/privacy ... fault.aspx

"Content. We collect content of your files and communications when necessary to provide you with the services you use. This includes: the content of your documents, photos, music or video you upload to a Microsoft service such as OneDrive. It also includes the content of your communications sent or received using Microsoft services, such as the:
- subject line and body of an email,
- text or other content of an instant message,
- audio and video recording of a video message, and
- audio recording and transcript of a voice message you receive or a text message you dictate."

Shouldn't there be a much bigger furor over the discretionless snooping of Windows 10, which includes all Outlook emails, than there was over just Outlook on its own?

Are people OK with their PCs contents no longer being their sole domain and in their privacy, but instead being fully open to Microsoft?

I'm not. I'll be sticking with Windows 7 for now.

Windows 10's motto: Your System is not Your Own"

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Aug 12, 2015, 21:07 Cutter

Jesus that was a big blast! I guess that was Mandarin for, 'I just shat my pants.' Man, and he was miles away from that. That mushroom cloud was pretty ominous. Been watching all those nuke documentaries on PBS lately coinciding with the 70th anniversary of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. How quickly we've forgotten how many nukes there still are in the world.

Explosions in Chinese city of Tianjin kill at least 17 and injure hundreds

So 17 dead and 400 injured, so far.

The explosion was in the warehouse of a private company named as Ruihai logistics. A company website says it was established in 2011, has a license for handling hazardous materials and handles around 1 million tonnes of cargo a year.

The government has not yet commented on what caused the blast, but if it is a safety lapse in the handling of dangerous shipments, it would be the latest in a long line of grim accidents.

Poor safety standards and widespread corruption contribute to hundreds of deaths in China’s poorly regulated private mines each year, and in other industrial accidents. An explosion at a fireworks warehouse in July killed 15 people, and last year dozens died in a blast at a car parts factory in Shanghai.

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches Aug 12, 2015, 20:50 Cutter

Anyone doing EA on CE? I really hope they can deliver a good game. I'm waiting with baited breath for it.

News Comments > Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Access
8. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Access Aug 12, 2015, 20:48 Cutter

I wonder if any smart guys on oil 'derricks' are going to play this.

21878 Comments. 1094 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo