Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 18274 (Ninja)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > ArcheAge Open Beta
13. Re: ArcheAge Open Beta Sep 5, 2014, 15:55 Cutter

Played for about 3 hours before uninstalling. If you're into grindy asian MMOs then this'll be right up your alley. If not, you can safely skip it.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Sep 4, 2014, 23:35 Cutter

Joan was effing funny I don't care what anyone says. I remember her on Carson, etc. hosting, she always made me laugh my ass off.

This is her on Carson in 1986. Hilarious!

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 4, 2014, 23:25 Cutter

Seriously? The FBI has nothing better to do? Ok, I'm thinking maybe it's time to massively slash their budget and re-task them with solving actual, real crimes. Fuck Polygon. Fuck these whiny devs. Stop interacting with strangers online then. Problem solved. How difficult was that?

And Google, why are you paying 'tards because of their inability to do actual, real parenting? You should have filed complaints against the parents and had the children become wards of the state. If those parents are that incompetent then they shouldn't be raising kids to begin with.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 4, 2014, 23:18 Cutter

Come on GTA 5 get here already!

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Sep 4, 2014, 23:18 Cutter

No it's not cool. How fucking dense do you have to be to even ask in the first place?

News Comments > Styx: Master of Shadows Trailer
1. Re: Styx: Master of Shadows Trailer Sep 4, 2014, 23:07 Cutter

The first game sucked big time and this looks a little too derp/easy mode as well. Too bad as the ambiance is otherwise nice.

News Comments > Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms in November
1. Re: Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms in November Sep 4, 2014, 23:05 Cutter

This is not Hexen! Angry

News Comments > The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 Early Access
1. Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 Early Access Sep 4, 2014, 22:59 Cutter

And what would the point be in doing EA for an adventure game?

News Comments > BlizzCon 2014 Virtual Tickets
1. Re: BlizzCon 2014 Virtual Tickets Sep 4, 2014, 22:56 Cutter

You might want to consider shooting yourself if you're at this point in your life. That or get a life. Either way works fine really.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
26. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 4, 2014, 17:50 Cutter

Is there an aff code for Amazon.CA?

News Comments > Sims 4 Pirate Copies Pixelated
28. Re: Sims 4 Pirate Copies Pixelated Sep 4, 2014, 17:45 Cutter

ASeven wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 14:01:
Apparently beating this anti-crack measure is as easy as renaming a file.

Apparently crack is whack.

News Comments > Australian Steam Refund Demands Detailed
13. Re: Australian Steam Refund Demands Detailed Sep 4, 2014, 14:16 Cutter

Sempai wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 10:56:
So, who’s property is it in the end? Mine, or Steams? From where i sit, it clearly feels as if Valve, Origin, Uplay, Live, PSN, and all these online services, in the end, own my digital rights and all that goes with them. And though we all understand return policies on games have been abused in the past, why have we given ALL our rights away? There should be exceptions to the rule, and there should be some protection for the customer.

That's the thing isn't it? It's not your property. You only license it. In actuality none of us own any games at all. We just have long-term rentals that can be revoked by others at any time they choose. I agree, it's an insanely unfair system but we all know the political reality of most of the world where the corporations can literally get away with murder and the rest of us just have to suck on it. And that's our fault. It's not like the system can't be changed, we - as a whole - are simply too apathetic to do anything about it. We simply expect it because it's the right thing to do, but we don't actually do anything about it - at least in numbers that matter. And if that doesn't happen then you best temper that excitement and stop buying games until you know the reviews - and the game itself - are solid. It's a shitty deal, but the only one that's open to you - except building a better service yourself.

"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete."
- Buckminster Fuller

Look at guys like Dyson. The man didn't reinvent the wheel. He just built a better vacuum cleaner and now he's a billionaire.

And as you mentioned, try sticking with better services. GMG for example has always been awesome anytime I've had a problem - which is why if I buy something new I buy it from them and not Steam.

News Comments > Australian Steam Refund Demands Detailed
10. Re: Australian Steam Refund Demands Detailed Sep 4, 2014, 11:41 Cutter

wtf_man wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 10:55:
I'm not sure how this is enforceable.

Valve is not an Australian company... and even if they do have offices there, it would be easy to shut them down. Australians would still be buying games from Steam, even if they had to use a proxy to do so. In fact they'd probably be more apt to buy non-censored versions of the games through proxy.

Don't get me wrong... I hate that I can't get refunds on games either... but I can't see how the Aussies can enforce this, nor why Valve wouldn't just flip them the bird.

To do business in a foreign country you're subject to their laws. They could block them. But yes you're right, people can just proxy around that. However, that's needlessly losing a large amount of revenue versus how much refunds will cost them. I'll have to look it into but I could swear Canada and plenty of other European countries have similar laws on the books. Gaben and Valve already have more money than stink, so forcing them to do the right thing is long overdue.

News Comments > Ryse: Son of Rome Next Month; Specs Revealed
19. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Next Month; Specs Revealed Sep 4, 2014, 11:35 Cutter

netnerd85 wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 09:49:
Omni wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 09:36:
Does anyone care ?
Yes. I want this game.

So you can Rome if you want to? Rome around the world?
Wry

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Layoffs; Struggling Financially?
4. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Layoffs; Struggling Financially? Sep 3, 2014, 21:54 Cutter

:-smirk-:

News Comments > Avernum 2: Crystal Souls Announced
1. Re: Avernum 2: Crystal Souls Announced Sep 3, 2014, 21:53 Cutter

Vogel really needs to learn to use Unity and actually hire a few real artists.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Bad Blood DLC This Month
19. Re: Watch Dogs Bad Blood DLC This Month Sep 3, 2014, 18:36 Cutter

Atomic wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 17:35:
Cutter wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 16:04:
Atomic wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 14:14:
Cutter wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 13:45:
Yeah, so how many actual units have been sold? Anyone can ship a bazillion copies of anything.

Drink your lunch again? It says "sold-in more than 8 million units" in the first sentence.

Well aren't you a clever boy. So clever that you don't even realize that sold-in is just a cute marketing term meaning shipped and not actual sales purchased by consumers. Or were you incapable of comprehending that from my original question?

I was just teasing you, but I guess it's true what they say about poking a bear with a stick. But now that you mention it, I've never heard of "sold-in" being used to refer to "shipped" and I've been in the retail/wholesale/distribution industry for over 20 years. So that usage is not exactly common. If you are intent on educating me, I love a source of that usage that I can review.

Sorry, it's hard to read intent, even with the emoticon.

Anyway from the Oxford dictionary. You can look it up in some marketing lexicons and other places as well if you're so inclined.

Definition of sell-in in English:
sell-in
Line breaks: sell-in
noun
[mass noun]
The sale of goods to retail traders prior to public retailing: the product must be available for sell-in and shipment before the movie’s release [count noun]: a highly successful sell-in

So 8 million units aren't the number of actual purchases by consumers, it's what Ubisoft has shipped worldwide. I'd imagine the actual purchases to be substantially less than that. Probably 2-3 million. Nothing to sneeze at I'll grant you, but these cute little marketing phrases are disingenuous at best.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. removed Sep 3, 2014, 16:09 Cutter

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 3, 2014, 20:02.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Bad Blood DLC This Month
14. Re: Watch Dogs Bad Blood DLC This Month Sep 3, 2014, 16:04 Cutter

Atomic wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 14:14:
Cutter wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 13:45:
Yeah, so how many actual units have been sold? Anyone can ship a bazillion copies of anything.

Drink your lunch again? It says "sold-in more than 8 million units" in the first sentence.

Well aren't you a clever boy. So clever that you don't even realize that sold-in is just a cute marketing term meaning shipped and not actual sales purchased by consumers. Or were you incapable of comprehending that from my original question?

News Comments > EA Taps Starbucks Vet as CMO
22. Re: EA's Taps Starbucks Vet as CMO Sep 3, 2014, 13:49 Cutter

Quboid wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 13:38:
harlock wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 13:09:
Beamer wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 11:03:
Do you like the cookie you bought from them? Someone from marketing likely made the decision for them to carry it.

haha what a fucking joke..

do you enjoy not having bird shit mixed into your coffee? someone from the legal dept likely made the decision for them to do that. lawyers are the best

Are you mocking him? He didn't say that they're good, it's just a statement of fact.

Creston - that's fair enough. I see it as inevitable when businesses get this big but they don't have to suck as badly as EA's previous marketing efforts. It would be kind of nice if the big businesses all left gaming but I don't hold that specifically against EA (although there are plenty of things I do hold against EA and many of them relate to their size).

No he's defending them. Creston is right and Beamer is trolling as usual. Don't feed the trolls.

18274 Comments. 914 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo