Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 16559 (Ninja)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 10, 2014, 13:39 Cutter

Rigs wrote on Apr 10, 2014, 11:58:
So, as you can see, NASCAR races aren't just about going left in circles...there's planning and strategy involved.

So drafting the lead car until the end of the race - as they go around in circles - is strategy and planning is it?

You guys should give it a try, you might be surprised...

No, no I wouldn't. I don't mind some F1 or Rally - because there's actual real strategy involved, but NASCAR is the racing equivalent of watching paint dry. It's a bunch of rednecks getting bombed waiting for car crashes.

That's ok though, baseball sucks too and basketball only slightly less. The only mainstream sports worth watching are football and hockey in that order. Outside of that less mainstream stuff worth watching, track, sailing, volleyball, etc. Golf sucks too, but it's a hobby, not a sport.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 10, 2014, 13:32 Cutter

nin wrote on Apr 10, 2014, 11:54:
The less Americans know about Ukraine’s location, the more they want U.S. to intervene.

Gee, you don't say.

The stupid and uneducated want 'Murica to go and kick rooskie ass? Really? I'm shocked, shocked I tell you!

NATO isn't going to do a goddamned thing. Invading second and third world shitholes for fun and profit is one thing. Picking a direct fight with the other big kids on the block is something else entirely. I'm sure that won't stop the MIC from pushing as hard as they can to get another needless war started however. Look at the first "Gulf War". That only cost them 300 million in PR and look at the windfall they've reaped ever since.

Now they don't even have to spend a 1/10th of that. Just wave some tiny American flags, invoke 9/11 and terrorism and away we go! Heh, it really wouldn't surprise me in the least to see the CIA come out shortly with "evidence" that Al-Quaida an the Russians are somehow connected.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Linux Beta Next Week; Playthrough ~50 Hours
6. Re: Wasteland 2 Linux Beta Next Week; Playthrough ~50 Hours Apr 10, 2014, 13:15 Cutter

2 years is more than enough for a game of this size and caliber. As per usual this is typical Obsidian mismanagement again with production schedules. I'm sure they made a fuckton of money on South Park, so they should hire additional resources if needed to finish this. They're already 7 months over schedule. This is just one more reason I'm done with crowdsourcing. Schedules and time are very important in my books. So is keeping your word. If someone says they're going to do something by XYZ then the better do it or don't say it at all. Go tell your boss that whatever project he has you on you're going to delay it 6-12 months and see what his response is.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Premium Beta
14. Re: Elite Dangerous Premium Beta Apr 10, 2014, 13:08 Cutter

InBlack wrote on Apr 10, 2014, 10:49:
While I agree with this sentiment in general, I have to disagree when the prices are this high or rather higher than retail. In fact the high price ensures that only people who want to see the game succeed and are passionate about it apply, which would in turn mean that they would also be passionate about reporting bugs and problems.

See, I go the other way on that. If they're fanboy enough to drop that sort of change they're not going to be critical where they need to be. The devs could shit in a bowl and they'd still call it ice cream. Oh sure, there will always be some who will, but most are ponying up the dough to drink the kool-aid.

This is the problem with AoW3 atm. It's terribly unbalanced. So what the hell was the beta for? Oh right, it was the fanboys they picked from the forums to give feedback. And nary a one was critical of this stuff whereas everyone else now is. I'm not even playing the game until this stuff gets addressed.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 10, 2014, 10:46 Cutter

Haha, go Al!

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Apr 10, 2014, 10:44 Cutter

InBlack wrote on Apr 10, 2014, 10:38:
Have you guys even read the article? Im going to be the devil's advocat on this one but he makes a lot of fair and reasonable points.

Well, I supposed being nickled and dimed to death for a free game is fair enough, but it's fucking annoying. I'd rather pay one time for a complete product. It's like buying a car. Sure you can pay for all manner of addons, but if you decline to at least you still have a complete functioning car at the end of the day.

And no attacks F2P if it's good. It's just so few of it is because it's really P2W. And that deserves to be criticized. If that douche doesn't like it he can take his ball and go home.

News Comments > Citizens of Earth Gets Publishing Deal
1. Re: Citizens of Earth Gets Publishing Deal Apr 10, 2014, 10:40 Cutter

No wonder the KS failed.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Linux Beta Next Week; Playthrough ~50 Hours
1. Re: Wasteland 2 Linux Beta Next Week; Playthrough ~50 Hours Apr 10, 2014, 10:38 Cutter

2 years next week. Hurry up and finish it already!

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Premium Beta
4. Re: Elite Dangerous Premium Beta Apr 10, 2014, 10:37 Cutter

The problem with this pay testing isn't it doesn't guarantee good testing. In fact it's the opposite a lot of the time.

News Comments > Zombie MMORPG H1Z1 Announced
5. Re: Zombie MMORPG H1Z1 Announced Apr 10, 2014, 10:32 Cutter

This is just another gankfest with plenty of other bad design decisions piled on.

News Comments > Secret Ponchos PC Plans
9. Re: Secret Ponchos PC Plans Apr 10, 2014, 02:12 Cutter

Yosemite Sam wrote on Apr 10, 2014, 01:09:
Never heard of it till now. Too bad, I would have enjoyed it. Story and sound track seem perfect.

Oh dude, you're missing one of the best games of all times and certainly the best western game ever made. If you can snag a copy it's still worth playing at least once, dated though it is. I still have my original CD as they were redbooked with the soundtrack. And the soundtrack for this game is the best for any game ever. Ennio Morricone couldn't have done better. You can find them all on Youtube as well.

News Comments > ArcheAge Alpha
3. Re: ArcheAge Alpha Apr 9, 2014, 23:44 Cutter

Ahh, thanks for the info.

News Comments > The Evil Within Trailer
10. Re: The Evil Within Trailer Apr 9, 2014, 23:43 Cutter

Talisorn wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 23:04:
Needs more Cthulhu monsters!

What doesn't? Have you checked out Clockwork Empires? Cthulu monsters goodness!

Cthulhu

News Comments > Secret Ponchos PC Plans
5. Re: Secret Ponchos PC Plans Apr 9, 2014, 23:41 Cutter

Yosemite Sam wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 22:55:
Read it (spaghetti western game) and got my hopes up, then watched the trailer... ah well. Not dissing the game, just not what I wanted to see, the score sounds good though.

I so want a spaghetti western FPS, done in the Sergio Leone style with a Morricone soundtrack. Imagine a game built with all the sets and characters from Sergio's westerns.

HEY BLOND! YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE! JUST A DIRTY SON OF Ahh-eee-ahh-wa-wa-wa.

Didn't you ever play Outlaws? Or do you mean literally games lifted from the films?

22. Re: The Ultimate Warrior Apr 9, 2014, 19:28 Cutter

nin wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 14:12:
Not a fan of "wrasslin", but dying at 54 is scary as fuck. I feel bad for him and his family.

edit:
Amazing New Spinal Cord Implant Revives Paralyzed Man's Legs.

That is so fucking cool, and could make a difference in so many peoples lives - to quote the great J. Pinkman, "SCIENCE - FUCK YEA!"

Neato as that is I can't wait to see where embryonic stem cell research will take us. If not for some of these stupid religious based bans around the world we likely have many cures already.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 9, 2014, 19:18 Cutter

No good deed goes unpunished. Lesson learned.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 9, 2014, 19:12 Cutter

Here's a better idea, do something besides making crappy phone games. You're going out of business for a reason. Learn from it. And Kickfailer? WTF? Yeah, it's called shareware, it's already been done.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 9, 2014, 19:10 Cutter

Players will also be able to “light things on fire.”

“We are in the middle of putting that in so you are gonna be able to burn down trees, burn down stuff, and that’s gonna be a lot of fun,” said Smedley. “The idea is that these players [are] building these forts and all of the sudden these other guys coming in lighting it on fire and waiting till they come out of the fortress … is awesome.”

A day and night cycle will also come into to play in the game, and it “gets really dark at night” which means players will need to carry a torch in order to see.

Players will also get “ganked by other players [and] zombies,” but vehicles will be available and possibly aircraft.

Yeah, the whole play world burnt to the ground and getting ganked repeatedly are just awesome, Smed!

Seriously, how does that clown still have a job? SOE does DayZ. Wow, how innovative. They should make a clown school simulator because Smed knows all about being a clown.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Apr 9, 2014, 19:06 Cutter

One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small

News Comments > ArcheAge Alpha
1. Re: ArcheAge Alpha Apr 9, 2014, 19:04 Cutter

Some of what they want to do sounds great and is long overdue in the MMO space. However the art direction on this title sucks. Why did they go with that dumbass cutsie JRPG crap?

They're going to have underwater farms and housing and stuff, and I was all like 'Damn player! I'm diz-own with that!' Then I saw the art and siiiiigggghhhhheed.

16559 Comments. 828 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo