Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 20418 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Mar 14, 2015, 15:15 Cutter

Is this a joke? They've certainly covered all the buzzwords and phrases in the industry.

“That's it. You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!”
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fighting Cities: Skylines Piracy with Customer Support
3. Re: Fighting Cities: Skylines Piracy with Customer Support Mar 14, 2015, 15:14 Cutter

Steam is DRM. No, what they should be doing is offering a stand alone - or via GOG - Steam/DRM free edition instead. In fact everyone needs to start doing that. I'm pretty tired of Steam and their shitty policies and lack of CS.

“That's it. You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!”

News Comments > Valve on Improving Steam Customer Service
4. Re: Valve on Improving Steam Customer Service Mar 14, 2015, 15:11 Cutter

Where it needs to be right now? More like where it's never been to begin with. Honestly, that F from the BBB is more than fair. Steam CS is basically non-existent, and useless the rest of the time. For all the money they make that's inexcusable.

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Week
4. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Mar 14, 2015, 15:09 Cutter

Not exactly the danger zone is it?

News Comments > On Sale
19. Re: On Sale Mar 14, 2015, 10:44 Cutter

Flatline wrote on Mar 14, 2015, 00:22:
Actually... that answered my question thanks! I'll stick with something else for the time being.

Also, I started Alien Isolation. Two observations.

1. Heh. CRT pixelation. Never thought I'd see that color-shift again.

2. Holy shit they nailed the look & vibe of Alien.

Agreed. Their artists did an amazing job on capturing the whole 70s analogue modular retro-futurism feel. Love that look.

The game is hella scarier than I thought it would be. Went to play some an hour before bed to "relax" last night. I won't be doing that again. The first few acts are pretty easy but it starts in earnest in the Medbay. *whimper*

News Comments > On Sale
18. Re: On Sale Mar 14, 2015, 10:39 Cutter

Maajussi wrote on Mar 14, 2015, 08:25:
Have there been any coupon code for GMG what gives some discount in GTA5 preorder?

There was a while back. I managed to snag it for $43. I'd keep a close eye between now and launch as you'll probably have to wait until the summer sales to see it dip down a bit after that.

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Soars
48. Re: Cities: Skylines Soars Mar 14, 2015, 02:46 Cutter

Can you make a run down section of town with hookers and junkies and stuff? Crackton! Next stop, Crackton!

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 14, 2015, 02:41 Cutter

LittleMe wrote on Mar 13, 2015, 23:15:
The police are no longer afraid of the populace. It's not just talk. They've been preparing for an escalated war on the people, militarizing up.

No shit. If you've ever been to a G20 summit or Bildenberg meeting it's like an army presence in the streets. It's amazing how fast peoples civil and human rights go out the window. Most don't say a thing, and even when those that do they're soundly ignored. If anyone needs proof we don't live in a democracy just go to one of those once.

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Soars
47. Re: Cities: Skylines Soars Mar 14, 2015, 02:37 Cutter

Slick wrote on Mar 14, 2015, 02:30:
Quboid wrote on Mar 14, 2015, 01:34:
This was in development for 2 years, which means that they started around the time that Simcity 2013 was released. It really shows, this game clearly draws a lot of inspiration on how NOT to do things and their trailers quickly mentioned offline, big maps and modding support. I feel sorry for ex-Maxis developers looking at this and perhaps seeing what they envisaged Simcity 2013 to be before the suits butted in and utterly ruined it.

let's be honest, while there's a bunch of things that were remixed into a better mechanic in cities, this game is a BLATANT rip-off of simcity. and i'm not just talking about it being a simulation city-type game, i mean that a lot of this title was copied exactly from Simcity 2013. I mean everything, the overlays, the square size, the tilt shift, just so many things are a blatant ripoff.

not that I mind, they were damned good systems, and it's good to see them reused, it's just kinda strange not coming from maxis. this is like a weird parallel dimension where this is the true intended release of Simcity 2013.

That's the beauty of this. It's so simple. They knew they didn't have to reinvent the wheel. All they had to do was not be greedy like EA is.

1. Skip the ODRM
2. Allow for big maps
3. Charge a good price for it
4. Profit

There's a ton of places and IPs that small developers can do the same thing. Yet, too many of them are too clever for their own good, or think they're too cool for school and they fail. Good on these guys for exercising some common sense in an industry that needs a ton more of it.

News Comments > Neverwinter: Elemental Evil Delayed
7. Re: Neverwinter: Elemental Evil Delayed Mar 13, 2015, 20:45 Cutter

Well the shitty thing was it was supposed to be a real NWN followup. Then Cryptic was acquired by PW and that's when it all became the giant clusterfuck it is today. It's a shame because the environments are nice and the Foundry is a great tool.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 13, 2015, 19:10 Cutter

An NYPD Spokesperson responded: "What are you going to do about it?"

Hahahaha! Best comment ever!

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Mar 13, 2015, 19:08 Cutter

And when the Apple watch fails what will be the excuse the fanboys use then?

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Mar 13, 2015, 19:04 Cutter

Why do people give a rats ass about that ship? It was so representative of the evilness of classism. There was nothing romantic about it. I'd much rather play a Poseidon Adventure game.

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Mar 13, 2015, 19:01 Cutter

I bought AI on GMG yesterday for $13, but it appears it's over today. Anyway, it's pretty fudging scary so don't worry about it. Man, I had to switch it off after an hour because I was getting totes freaked out!
I think Ima go sit and cry in the corner for a bit. Bigcry

News Comments > Neverwinter: Elemental Evil Delayed
3. Re: Neverwinter: Elemental Evil Delayed Mar 13, 2015, 18:53 Cutter

Phew, for a moment there I thought this was PE for some reason and I was about to go *OFF*!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 13, 2015, 16:13 Cutter

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 13, 2015, 13:56:
Cutter wrote on Mar 13, 2015, 10:49:

And whilst that Assemblyman's bill is reaching the intent is good. We have to be way more careful with GMOs than we currently are. A lot of it is already biting us in the ass and that will only get progressively worse. The fact that Obama has effectively put Monsanto and Cargill in charge of the USDA only makes it worse.

No one will argue with you that Monsanto and Cargill are literally evil corporations, but GMOs in and of themselves are not necessarily harmful. All the food you eat is genetically modified, whether via selective breeding or more modern techniques. Go find some "natural" corn, then compare it to store bought corn, if you really want to feel bad about eating something.

The verdict isn't in yet on if GMOs are safe for human consumption. All the evidence I've seen in favour of it comes down on the side of the corporations profiting from it - much like the anti-climate hucksters. Creating hybrids isn't the same as modifying plant DNA with insect DNA.

And what's not up for dispute is that the sort of monoculture GMOs produce is most definitely dangerous to multiple ecosystems. Something native varieties have had millions of years to adapt to, and do a far better job of without the need to be drowned in poisons. I've been studying permaculture, forest gardens, etc. for a lot of years now and I'll take those systems over GMOs any day of the week. If you trust Monsanto and Cargill's Frankenfoods all I can say is good luck to you.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 13, 2015, 12:42 Cutter

InBlack wrote on Mar 13, 2015, 10:30:
A black hole is not really absent, nor is it really a hole.

(Sorry to nitpick Verno, slow day at work I guess )

Especially the one around Uranus!

Ba-doom-bing!
Drummer

Hey! thank you very much I'll be here all week! Don't forget to tip your waitress!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 13, 2015, 10:49 Cutter

I am firmly in the 13 is unlucky camp.

However I do agree that Three is a Magic Number

And whilst that Assemblyman's bill is reaching the intent is good. We have to be way more careful with GMOs than we currently are. A lot of it is already biting us in the ass and that will only get progressively worse. The fact that Obama has effectively put Monsanto and Cargill in charge of the USDA only makes it worse.

News Comments > Starship Ahoy - Sid Meier's Starships
5. Re: Starship Ahoy - Sid Meier's Starships Mar 13, 2015, 10:36 Cutter

It's because morons were expecting a full Civ game for 15 bucks, duh.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 13, 2015, 10:30 Cutter

So the FTC has to sue on behalf of consumers...yet again. Here's a better idea, revoke their corporate charter and put them out of business entirely. Or write into law that any offenses like this means they're on the hook to each and every customer for triple the total amount they fleeced out of them.

20418 Comments. 1021 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo