Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 18377 (Ninja)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed
73. Re: MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed Sep 15, 2014, 15:15 Cutter

MS will trash this like they do everything else. What a waste of money.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
22. Re: Op Ed Sep 15, 2014, 15:11 Cutter

UHD wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 13:06:
Since when is "millennial" a swear word? Do you even know what generation that word refers to? Betting most if not all of you spitting it out like tobacco are millennials yourselves.

Gaming journalism is awful, people complaining about gaming journalism are even worse (yes including me), people complaining about women daring to talk about things they care about are the worst.

That is my thoughtful, biting commentary on the issue, thanks for reading.

Millenial's are self-obsessed douchebags. And no, most of the regular posters around here are definitely Gen X. Some of their kids are likely millenials.

And there's no such thing as gaming journalism.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 15, 2014, 11:31 Cutter

Ugh, went 7 & 8 so far this week. Sumbitches not doing what they're supposed to do! Still that Packers game was effing great.

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Sep 15, 2014, 11:27 Cutter

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 10:48:
Former journalist speaks out on corruption "in gaming journalism" Yet another ex-gaming journalist speaks out on corruption.

One thing I've noticed in all of this is that the vast majority against GG are millennials. Who take whatever is dropped in front of them as the gospel truth. This is especially true of the third wave feminism, and current round of sjw's who seem to have leadership that goes off and on with the belief that those following only need to "listen and believe." Strange, we used to call those cults.

I've always wanted to run my own cult.

The Leader is good. The Leader is Great. We surrender our will as of this date.

News Comments > Saints Row Creative Director Joins Valve
2. Re: Saints Row Creative Director Joins Valve Sep 15, 2014, 11:24 Cutter

Guess he got tired of doing actual work so it's off to Valve for a vacation for a few years.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Samsung Gear VR 'superior to first-gen Oculus', Climax claims Sep 15, 2014, 11:23 Cutter

NamecaF wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 10:40:
By "first-gen Oculus" do they mean the DK1 or the first commercial release that's coming post-DK2? If it's the former then big-whoop. If it's the latter, how can they qualify that? Have all the details on games/developers/hardware, etc on the commercial Oculus Rift been locked down and released already?

Edit: The Sad, Inevitable Oculus Rift Boob-Grabbing Game Is Here.

Is it racist that I immediately *knew* it would be a Japanese game? Or just one of those cases where stereotypes are completely valid?

Stereotypes exist for a reason. If they're not valid - at least somewhat - then they don't exist. And not all stereotypes are bad.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 15, 2014, 11:21 Cutter

One of those companies is UK studio Climax. Develop spoke to its technical director James Sharman about what developing for the VR headset has been like, and how big virtual reality gaming can be on mobile.

Yeah, because you need a VR helmet to play Texas Hold'em on your phone.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 15, 2014, 11:18 Cutter

Bill Borre wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 09:57:
So you're in favor of breaking up capitalism?

No, he's in favour of restoring capitalism. See, capitalism means competition that provides the best product and/or service at the lowest price. You don't have that.

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
3. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Sep 15, 2014, 11:15 Cutter

Yeah, don't care. I keep calling it Density.

News Comments > MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed
21. Re: MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed Sep 15, 2014, 11:13 Cutter

I don't know if this is the dumbest deal in modern history but it's certainly a strong contender. Reminds me of the Dumb song from South Park's Mormon episode.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 14, 2014, 17:45 Cutter

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 14, 2014, 13:56:
Alamar wrote on Sep 14, 2014, 13:19:
Just once, I would like to see the final poker hand winning tournament not be a royal flush, and instead be something realistic, like a three of a kind, or at most, a full house...

Happens all the time. In fact most tournaments I have been at is high pair.....just gotta pick your spot.

The best is winning on shit. Biggest pot I ever won was on a pair of twos. And what made it so sweet was everyone stayed in and everyone was bluffing.

Coolest, James Bondian thing I ever saw was a high stakes game at the Pioneer in Vegas 20 years ago. I'll relate it another time, but it was straight out of a Bond film, I swear.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
1. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Sep 14, 2014, 17:38 Cutter

A $400 dollar paper weight is too rich for my blood.

News Comments > MS to Reveal $2.5B Mojang Deal Tomorrow?
50. Re: MS to Reveal $2.5B Mojang Deal Tomorrow? Sep 14, 2014, 17:37 Cutter

In my 40+ years on this planet I've seen some really dumb shit, but this is actually literally up there as one of the dumbest I've ever seen. Welp, there you go MS investors. Kiss 2.5 billion away that you should have demanded as dividends instead. I'm sure as this further erodes your stock value you can thank Ballmer Jr., er Nutella for that.

News Comments > MS to Reveal $2.5B Mojang Deal Tomorrow?
49. Re: MS to Reveal $2.5B Mojang Deal Tomorrow? Sep 14, 2014, 17:35 Cutter

Ludomancer wrote on Sep 14, 2014, 17:14:
I know Markus, but not well enough to understand why he'd do this, if it turns out to be true. I doubt most people will understand how much of a moral bastion he's been in the last few years. Just his public statements against specific corporations, trends and modern business practice in recent years can't be understated. Most entities are too frightened for their future validity to stick their necks out for even marginal ethical boundaries; those who haven't pretty much secured how fucked the average citizen is in the face of modern technology and control by organized institutions.
If this turns out to be true, and I doubt it's false with so many reports in the last week, this is one of the harshest betrayals I've felt by someone I respected. He walked the walk, but... only half-way?

"Principles and values are of no use if the idealist cannot live up to his own standards." - Bob Salvatore

There ya go, Notch was human all along. Just another flawed hypocrite like the rest of us. There are some people throughout history who never caved, but you can most of those in the hundreds. Which is pretty sad when you measure it against the billions of us who have existed.

Shit man, I'd easily sell out for that sort of bank. Then again, I never pretended I wouldn't like he did either.

News Comments > MS Working on Xbox Streaming to Browsers?
20. Re: MS Working on Xbox Streaming to Browsers? Sep 13, 2014, 18:53 Cutter

So do make actual PC games. Give us a shitty way to play shitty console games. Oh yeah, that sounds enticing.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2014, 18:51 Cutter

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 13, 2014, 18:03:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Sep 13, 2014, 17:57:
Just like with the financial crisis, the assholes making the decisions are always protected from any actual accountability.

Timely

Awful long article to basically say the rich get richer and the rest of us get F'd in the A.

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
5. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Sep 13, 2014, 18:47 Cutter

The shine on crowdfunding has definitely worn off for a lot of people and that will only continue as projects fail, turn out to be shit, and scams all increase. It reminds me of the Dot Com boom when people were tripping over themselves to give money away on the dumbest things. While it's not Tulip mania, I'd say crowdfunding is going to be relegated to a very minor niche going forward precisely because of the aforementioned reasons.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2014, 17:08 Cutter

Hey! South Park is on for 20 clams on the Humble Store sale today. Just picked it up and Outlast for 5 bones.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2014, 16:51 Cutter

Creston wrote on Sep 13, 2014, 15:05:
Patrick Stewart is just a king of men. The last two years, he's basically become the coolest guy alive.

Nah, he's pretty much always been that. It's the last few years with him and Ian that have been a real hoot when they get together. Oh to have too much time and money on one's hands.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Sep 13, 2014, 16:48 Cutter

Seems Soto is about 50 years behind the times already.

18377 Comments. 919 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo