Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 20465 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sword Coast Legends Video
1. Re: Sword Coast Legends Video Mar 20, 2015, 09:51 Cutter

Promising. However we really need to see the editor and GM functions in action. Combat is way too effing fast atm. It looks more like an ARPG than the PnP it's supposed to be true to.

“That's it. You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!”
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Patches
3. Re: Evening Patches Mar 19, 2015, 22:08 Cutter

Yeah, everyone seems to be all warm and fuzzy on CS. Even ex-Maxis peeps.

I hope CE works out. Looking good so far. Way too expensive for EA though.

This comment was edited on Mar 20, 2015, 00:13.

“That's it. You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!”

News Comments > More LucasArts Games on GOG.com
14. Re: More LucasArts Games on GOG.com Mar 19, 2015, 21:01 Cutter

You can find the complete Outlaws soundtrack on teh Youtubes.

And it's The Dig, ya dig?

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 19, 2015, 20:56 Cutter

QFT....

Obama should through "Executive Order" dictate that all ISP's, trade groups or Telecom's must use government arbitration to resolve the matter. Block the ability to sue like they do to the peasant subscribers...

That is so cool! Rock on Iceland! I'm going to have to visit that place. I so want to get out of this country and if Iceland is cool enough to do this - elect the PP - that might just be the place for me.

Well, if the cops aren't doing anything wrong no one would be filming them to begin with. Really, it's just as much for their protection as it is for ours.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 19, 2015, 20:47 Cutter

No it's not. Not for a long while yet at any rate. When people can jack in Neuromancer/Snow Crash style then it'll be dominant. Strapping a TV to your face, dealing with motion sickness and trying to use controllers/joysticks/M/KB with them is too cumbersome. At least it's nice to see HTC being realistic about this. Zuckerberg thinks he's going to move a billion units by this time next year.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Mar 19, 2015, 20:41 Cutter

They should include a pet Mortal Wombat!

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Mar 19, 2015, 20:40 Cutter

I am not a fan of JRPGs, however I am a fan of origami and most other things Japanese. This looks kinda' neat. Hope they succeed.

News Comments > EVE: Valkyrie Trailer
10. Re: EVE: Valkyrie Trailer Mar 19, 2015, 20:38 Cutter

And where, pray, does Tom Cruise fit into all of this?

News Comments > Another Skyforge Beta Next Week
3. Re: Another Skyforge Beta Next Week Mar 19, 2015, 20:37 Cutter

I like vague stuff.

News Comments > Tropico 5 & The Killing Floor Free Weekend
3. Re: Tropico 5 & The Killing Floor Free Weekend Mar 19, 2015, 20:36 Cutter

Gas Bandit wrote on Mar 19, 2015, 18:59:
I love Killing Floor. I wish more of my friends played it, but they whine about it being "too intense."

Maybe it's you who is too intense! Maybe all your pals play it secretly without you and they're all like, 'Wish we could play with Bandit but he's hella intense, brah!'

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Mar 19, 2015, 19:42 Cutter

Sword Coast Legends - First Look - Player Campaign

Looks good so far! I'm optimistic.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 19, 2015, 10:18 Cutter

Is it for realz yo?

And for the most part military funding is an absolutely massive waste of time and money. Think about how much better the US would be - not to mention the world - if even half of the military's budget was going to health, education, infrastucture, etc.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Mar 19, 2015, 10:09 Cutter

Wow, this Outer Wilds games sounds 'outerly' wild! Hopefully yhey can get it remade in something like UE4.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 19, 2015, 10:04 Cutter

Lawyers representing Uber denied it was subject to rules governing taxi operators, claiming the company merely acts as an exchange connecting drivers with clients.

In response, Uwe Eilers, one judge on the three-judge panel that delivered its decision on Wednesday, said: "In that case, you should include in your business description that Uber offers rides for free."

Lulz! I like the concept of ride sharing but Uber is a scummy company and needs to go.

And this is just another major part of what's wrong with copyright law as is. Why should his family - who had nothing to do with the song - be able to profit from work they didn't do? This entire case has been a farce from the get-go. All music is derrivtive and this will chill all new creation of music. Much as I love Marv, the Gaye family needs to lose this case. I can only hope they win on appeal.

This comment was edited on Mar 19, 2015, 10:27.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 19, 2015, 09:58 Cutter

I don't know how France could possibly manage to block all sites related to Islam.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 19, 2015, 09:56 Cutter

QFT....

ICANN decided some time back, and the courts have largely agreed, that when a user visits a domain whose name is identical to a famous trademark, those users are likely to assume that the site they're visiting is maintained by the owner of that mark.

So this is a pretty well-established rule for well-known TLDs like .com and .org. Now that the number of TLDs has exploded, there's maybe an argument to be made that a TLD outside of the normal range of wares sold by the owner of that mark might not be subject to the same rule. So, e.g., whereas it was reasonable for courts to transfer ownership of a domain like "barbie.com" from an adult entertainment company to Mattel, it's less clear that they should do the same for "barbie.xxx" or whatever.

In the present case: I'm about 99.99% sure that Walmart sells horse-related products in some regions. A person looking for horse-related products might very well assume that walmart.horse is Walmart's horse-related products website. Whether a parody defence would apply in this context seems questionable to me.

I'm not generally an apologist for overly strong IP laws, but trademarks actually work to help consumers rather than hurt them much of the time.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 19, 2015, 09:49 Cutter

Cliff, your life has been nothing but a series of scripted moments and still is. I wonder if he honestly believes the horseshit he's spouting.

News Comments > Pillars Announced
1. Re: Pillars Announced Mar 19, 2015, 09:45 Cutter

And are these pillars eternal somehow?

News Comments > Atari and Llamasoft Spar Over Tempest Game
1. Re: Atari and Llamasoft Spar Over Tempest Game Mar 19, 2015, 09:44 Cutter

Sounds like it's his own fault for not negotiating a better contract with the original property itself.

News Comments > Cryptic Layoffs
1. Re: Cryptic Layoffs Mar 19, 2015, 09:22 Cutter

Won't be long before they're all unemployed. PWE is such a terrible company. It boggles the mind that a company like that can even exist. Actually it boggles the mind there are people that support them and their shitty business model.

20465 Comments. 1024 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo