Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 21836 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Aug 18, 2015, 18:26 Cutter

Ok, that made me laugh my ass off! Spot on perfect!

Rotfl

"During times of universal deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Trove Attracts 1M Users
2. Re: Trove Attracts 1M Users Aug 18, 2015, 18:22 Cutter

And 999,999,998 of them tried it for 30 mins and quit never to return.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 18, 2015, 18:21 Cutter

So 5 points up front and 5 points in royalties? That's steep for basically doing fuck all. And equity investing is limited to accredited investors only? Well looks like Fig is over before they began. Crowdfunding is already dying, did they really think the world needed yet another crowdfunding platform? How about one that provides liability insurance and accountability for people who make funding and fail to deliver? Now that's something people want to see.

News Comments > Morning Patches
6. Re: Morning Patches Aug 18, 2015, 15:32 Cutter

Yeah Starbound was a waste of money. While I think it's safe to say most of us will blow off most EA from now on. Once in a while it seems to work however, like ARK. I've never seen development come at a more furious pace. Major patches every other day, new content, tweaks, etc. They're the poster child of doing EA right...so far.

News Comments > Satellite Reign Next Week
15. Re: Satellite Reign Next Week Aug 18, 2015, 14:22 Cutter

Task wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 13:55:
I really like the music. That 80s style synth pop, electric cyberpunk music. Reminds me of Bladerunner or something else I can't quite place my finger on...

Is there an end goal to this game, like some overaching story, or it just purely a sandbox?

John Carpenter made a lot of music in that vein. Here's an example

John Carpenter - The End

That, Tangerine Dream and films like Tron, Bladerunner, Escape from New York, all had those synthy future vibes. And a lot of Daft Punk is like this.

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS Development Moves In-House
12. Re: Star Citizen FPS Development Moves In-House Aug 18, 2015, 14:15 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 14:08:
Jivaro wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 12:08:
Well, usually this kind of thing is the other way around...development studio hands off project to third party so as to shrink it's own staff or focus on something else. Of all the announcements, this is probably the most positive. It makes sense in just about any way, as opposed to selling more virtual ships or adding yet more stuff....or whatever else they usually announce.

It's rare, but there really isn't much negative to say about this move unless you are one of the people who has been let go.

It could also mean that progress was not proceeding at a pace or direction that was satisfactory, and now a lot of refactoring has to be done, causing further delays.

My money is on that. Guess we'll see if when the rubber meets the road.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2015, 10:44 Cutter

Yeah, I love the heat but goddamn that humidity is just a killer.

News Comments > Aquanox Deep Descent Kickstarter
4. Re: Aquanox Deep Descent Kickstarter Aug 18, 2015, 10:42 Cutter

And they can't fund this themselves why?

News Comments > SafeDisc Broken Under Windows 10
18. Re: SafeDisc Broken Under Windows 10 Aug 17, 2015, 22:17 Cutter

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 22:02:
Cutter wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 20:55:

So stop lying for them already.

Start thinking for yourself, and stop believing every time someone uses weasel words to make an article that it's true.

Take your own advice. The proof is already out there. It's incontrovertible. I'm not being contrary for its own sake. If you don't mind using it, your loss - of privacy, but don't tell other people it's not what MS is doing because they are. How much would like to bet within the next 2 years we'll see a shitstorm of epic proportions come out of all this when it comes to light they've been doing all this and worse?

News Comments > Runic Announces Hob
8. Re: Runic Announces Hob Aug 17, 2015, 21:56 Cutter

Hob or HOB may refer to:

Hob (folklore), a household spirit in Northern England
Hob, a generic term for various Dwarf-like and Elf-like magical creatures in Germanic folklore (see also hobbit)
Hob (hearth), a projection, shelf, grate or bench for holding food or utensils
Hob, the top cooking surface on a kitchen stove
Hob, a male ferret
Hob, a tool used in hobbing, or gear-making
Hob, a raised border around the base of a bathroom shower
Hob, a stake used as a target in the game of quoits
HOB GmbH & Co KG, an international computer company
Hob, a nail on the sole of a hobnailed boot

News Comments > SafeDisc Broken Under Windows 10
16. Re: SafeDisc Broken Under Windows 10 Aug 17, 2015, 20:55 Cutter

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 18:07:
DangerDog wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 17:58:
Meanwhile, Microsoft scans your Windows 10 system for pirated games so you can't use a cracked version of the .exe to make it work.

Absolutely false. I hope you're being sarcastic, but the way some people are taking that bullshit hook, line, and sinker these days, it's hard to tell...

HERE is a list of all products and services covered by that so-called "we will scan for and prevent usage of pirated games" section of their ToS. Basically, the only games that are possibly affected by it are their own titles that are set up to be automatically updated by them.

If you honestly believe they will be looking out for no-CD cracks for 10+ year-old games, it may be time to seriously re-evaluate your state of mental health.

Hrmph, I didn't know you were in the employ of Microsoft. So are you just misinformed or outright being paid to lie for them? Just google "windows 10 spyware" and see the slew of proven results that the TOS and EULA give then carte blanche to do whatever the hell they want when they want. That even disabling many of the "optional" spyware features does nothing at all. And lastly....

Microsoft may spy on Windows 10 users to make sure they don’t play pirated games

Despite being generally well-received, Windows 10 has been confronted with some bitter criticism concerning a series of alleged privacy obstructions. The latest of these stems from Microsoft’s End User License Agreement, or EULA, with WinBeta reporting that Microsoft has reserved the right to check your system for “playing counterfeit games, or using unauthorized hardware peripheral devices.”

and....

This would make sense since online communities have been trying to exploit the console since its launch in 2013. However, the language used in the agreement is reportedly too vague to discern Microsoft’s likely intent, and we can be sure the firm’s top-notch lawyers chose that ambiguous language knowingly.

Also ambiguous is whether Microsoft intends to share with law enforcement the information they obtain concerning users downloading “counterfeit games,” or if they simply plan to disable the stolen software.

So stop lying for them already.

35. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 17, 2015, 18:07 Cutter

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 11:27:
Cutter wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 11:10:
Nuclear war not occurring is not a forgone conclusion. My money is that it's still on and sooner rather than later. Probably before 2050. All signs show that as the tipping point for humanity.

So says man since the begging of time.... All signs point to the end of the world. Current Prophecy Win/Loss record: 0 - 100000000000

Deep down, man must want to see themselves expire.

My favorite is the 40-70 year old crowd talking down about their off-spring, lazy etc. News flash your grandfathers said the same thing about you and their grandfathers said the same thing about them. We do the same shit over and over. It's what we do.

No, this is different because the doomsday scenarios you're talking about were based solely on superstition/religious ferver. Basically everything good or bad is somehow attributable to the invisible sky wizard - and still is, sadly, for most people on this planet.

What I'm talking about is predicated on scientific fact. We can quantify a likely doomsday scenario based on the facts. Things have been getting worse since the industrial age began when you look at the totality of the net benefits and detriments of that age unfolding until right now. More recently we've seen things getting demonstrably worse on just about in every way imaginable. Economic inequality, overpopulation,exploitation, the environment, religious ferver and political extremism, international conflict, and most importantly, dwindling natural resources.

With the global population set to double by 2050 and things going the way they are it's not rocket surgery to see something has to give. Either we need global political change for the positive on all those fronts - unlikely. Or it will come to war - the more likely scenario. Why? Because war never changes.

News Comments > Quote of the Day
12. Re: Quote of the Day Aug 17, 2015, 17:52 Cutter

I'm thinking because it all gets repetitious so fast. It doesn't matter how you kill the zombie. You're just killing them over and over. It's way too grindy for my taste. At least in a proper CRPG you have different mobs that have different strengths and weaknesses, your character grows in power, they find the phat lewtz, they quest, etc. Zombie games are just 'kill umpteen million zombies in this area and don't die'. Like yawnsville.

News Comments > Seven Announced
18. Re: Seven Announced Aug 17, 2015, 17:46 Cutter

MajorD wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 17:19:
Speaking of Thief, have you seen the latest HD texture mod for the original Thief Series (1 & 2) by Bentraxx?

I played Thief 1 with it, but haven't gotten to II yet. It is pretty darn impressive and worth another play through with it installed.

Enjoy Taffers!!!

You sir, are a taffer and a gentleman.

Toff

6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 17, 2015, 11:10 Cutter

InBlack wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 09:36:
Edgar Mitchell is off his rocker...also the article title is some seriously bad writing. What the fuck they 'tried' to save us from nuclear war? What, tried and failed??

Edgar MItchell went to the moon, so he can be forgiven for being an old fart, but that reporter deserves a slap in the face at the very least...

/facepalm

Yes, tried because they haven't succeeded yet. There are still 10's of 1000's of nukes out there. Nuclear war not occurring is not a forgone conclusion. My money is that it's still on and sooner rather than later. Probably before 2050. All signs show that as the tipping point for humanity. If we can make it past that things may work out, but the Magic 8 ball says it's unlikely.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 17, 2015, 10:49 Cutter

Good on Firefox! Now, if they can just turn off the Win10 spyware.

News Comments > Quote of the Day
1. Re: Quote of the Day Aug 17, 2015, 10:23 Cutter

Whilst I have yet to play Dying Light, Dead Island sucked. Then again, so has every zombie game I've played. Mainly because zombies suck. If I found zombies entertaining I'd be a baseball fan.

News Comments > Seven Announced
7. Re: Seven Announced Aug 17, 2015, 10:22 Cutter

My first thought was the Prince song - because I'm hep like that.

And if it doesn't redefine the genre can we sue? Claims like that always make me roll my eyes.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
7. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Aug 16, 2015, 20:10 Cutter

I'm always curious if Walt is paid for his disinformation as some sort of viral marketer or is just really obtuse. You absolutely have everything to fear about Windows 10 - if you value your privacy in the least. He's the same clown that always claims the NSA isn't spying on people - even when the NSA admits it. I'm guessing it's the latter. Just another right-wing reactionary extremist living 24/7 in his reality distortion field.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Mod Tool Backlash
8. Re: The Witcher 3 Mod Tool Backlash Aug 16, 2015, 16:15 Cutter

born2expire wrote on Aug 16, 2015, 15:20:
gotta protect that upcoming DLC

Negro, please. Mod tools or none the expansions will sell like hotcakes regardless.

Rolleyes

21836 Comments. 1092 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo