Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 21273 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Rising Storm 2: Vietnam Announced
2. Re: Rising Storm 2: Vietnam Announced Jun 17, 2015, 02:20 Cutter

Oh baby, I am a sucker for games about the 'Nam, man. This actually looks pretty low-rent but fuck it, if it's got Huey's and CCR you don't really need much more.

Kilgore: Air Cav, son! Air Mobile!

Kilgore: How're you feeling, Jimmy?
Jimmy: Like a mean motherfucker, sir!

"During times of universal deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PC No Man's Sky Confirmed
10. Re: PC No Man's Sky Confirmed Jun 17, 2015, 02:11 Cutter

So what's the actual game? Flying around mostly empty solar systems in a mostly empty galaxy flying to mostly empty planets? Sounds boring as fuck. And I guarantee you that this proceedural generation will be nothing more than variations on themes. Show me a randomly generated crystalline planet that's populated with incredible futuristic cities and freaky aliens. No? So what we see are planets that are mostly the same, mostly empty with a few artifacts and alien beasties here and there. Are there missions? Is there crafting? Doesn't appear to be.

Once you get past the ooh ahh of the taking off and landing on planets without load screens there doesn't look to be much to this game at all. Unless they're hiding a complete game that everyone is unaware of - and how likely is that? - the shine is gonna' come off of this real fast. Yeah, I ooh ahh'd with the initial announcemnt trailer, but everything I've seen subsequently leads me to believe this isn't going to be any great shakes.

News Comments > Gears of War Ultimate Edition for PC Announced
4. Re: Gears of War Ultimate Edition for PC Announced Jun 17, 2015, 01:57 Cutter

Gee, just what I want...a 10 year old on-rails console shooter for the PC. MS...still...not...getting...it.

Rolleyes

News Comments > Coaster Park Becomes Planet Coaster
1. Re: Coaster Park Becomes Planet Coaster Jun 17, 2015, 01:56 Cutter

Bad trailer.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity White March Expansion Details
4. Re: Pillars of Eternity White March Expansion Details Jun 17, 2015, 01:54 Cutter

So is the expansion that makes the game good?

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 16, 2015, 23:36 Cutter

Retired wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 20:25:
Retailers want to be able to scan your face without your permission.

They do something more important already. The use your phone data to track you in the store via gps data. Have fun!

Source? Because that sounds like it would be running afoul of wiretapping laws. Anyway, I keep my GPS disabled precisely because I don't want to make it any easier for Big Brother to track me than it already is.

This is all such bullshit. Pretty soon you're going to have to live in a cave in the middle of nowhere off the grid to have any privacy.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 16, 2015, 23:24 Cutter

We already have one, it's called a PC.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 16, 2015, 23:23 Cutter

Yeah, it sounds like a bad idea for a lot of reasons.

News Comments > Bethesda E3 Showcases
7. Re: Bethesda E3 Showcases Jun 16, 2015, 23:21 Cutter

Probably because PC is an afterthought for them. It's not like they spend a dime more than they have to knowing the PC community will do it for them. Thing I hate about all of these E3 presentations are the fucking fanboys cheering over the smallest, dumbest shit. I'd just once love to see an audience stick it to them, 'Wtf are with the ancient console graphics? Why don't you pricks do a proper PC for once you cheap bastards?!'

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Syndicate Changes Detailed
3. Re: Assassin's Creed Syndicate Changes Detailed Jun 16, 2015, 23:15 Cutter

I see zero changes in either graphics or gameplay. Same shit, different pile.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Next Year
8. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Next Year Jun 16, 2015, 23:14 Cutter

Sho wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 20:18:
Trailer honestly doesn't really wow me yet, but these guys basically restored my faith in AAA games when they dropped HR (I didn't think you could make a worthy successor to Deus Ex at the time), so I'm not really concerned.

HR was ok, no great shakes though. And Thief was fucking awful. So, yeah I'll be waiting on this regardless of reviews.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 in December
15. Re: Just Cause 3 in December Jun 16, 2015, 23:10 Cutter

subx wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 21:24:
What a bizarre, humourless, joyless trailer. It's a like a bad corporate video, made the game sound as interesting as a new kind of paint.

Well, it's just the narration that's lame. They should had some guy who does the announcements for monster truck rallies n' stuff. 'Just Cause 3! Rico kickin' ass! Fuck yeah!!!'

News Comments > AMD HBM-based 300 Series Announced
33. Re: AMD HBM-based 300 Series Announced Jun 16, 2015, 19:23 Cutter

subx wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 19:09:
Took the decision a long time ago not to waste money on bleeding edge graphics, but the low power and low noise of nvidia's lastest cards seem like a major draw to me. So if AMD isn't winning on performance, why would anyone buy one?

Comparable cards with one 1/2 the price of the other? I see zero reason to pay almost twice as much for a similar card just because it says Nvidia on it. But that's just me, I'd rather waste my savings on hookers and blow.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 16, 2015, 19:19 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 15:37:
BMI is quick and dirty, but flawed as you point out. Body fat % is much more accurate. Do you know yours? I run and weight train a several hours a week but at 5'10/180, I could lose a few pounds. I would look and feel a lot better at 160.

BMI and body fat don't take body type into account either. It's all going to be different if you're an ectomorph, mesomorph, or endomorph. I'm the latter, so at 6' I'm currently 225 - and I definitely need to drop those 25lbs - but even when I'm around 200 people still consider me linebacker type big. Short of starving myself and running marathons daily I doubt I could ever get down 180 again much less 160. Shit, I was about 180 in high school when I was playing football, rugby, etc. and that was actually a solid 180.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
5. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 16, 2015, 19:04 Cutter

Verno wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 15:30:
Only human characters again and a lot of "cant comment on that yet", meh until we get more info.

Can't comment on that yet.

Wry

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 16, 2015, 16:19 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 15:32:
3. Healthier foods like fruits and vegetables need to be subsidized with these funds, especially for the poor, for whom a package of Oreos costs 10x less than fresh fruit on a per calorie basis. The poor have the greatest incidence of preventable disease.

This in particular. A good friend of mine is a radiologist and he used to work in Detroit. He talked about how the obesity clinic was the department next to theirs and they'd see people going in for surgery, liposuction, stomach staples, etc. And he said the doctors in those wards would always complain long and loud about that. How with poor youth they weren't being taught the necessary life skills they need in school like died, nutrition, how to actually cook, etc. Couple that with the cheap availability of junk/fast food - which as you point out is so much cheaper than eating healthy - and it's a recipe for disaster.

The captains of industry don't want that to change however because the thugs like Pharma get all those ancillary benefits of people popping pills for the all the problems related to it, etc. There is so much money involved in the circus that is all of this it's insane. Imagine, that would all go away if people actually started eating right and excercising regularly. There'd be more employment related to agriculture. People would look and feel better. It would all be upside, except to assholes profiterring off peeople's misery of course, and we can't have that.

News Comments > Battlezone Return Plans
10. Re: Battlezone Return Plans Jun 16, 2015, 16:03 Cutter

Primalchrome wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 14:08:
Right there with you guys. I clicked on the trailer link with stars shining in my eyes. Instead of moonbases and cold war hovertanks I get the Lawnmower Man?

Ha! Lawnmower Man! Nice one, Centurion, like it, like it.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 16, 2015, 11:10 Cutter

A 2012 study published in the journal MBC Public Health finds that Americans are now the world’s third-heaviest people, trailing only the Pacific Island countries of Tonga and Micronesia. The average U.S. adult is 33 pounds heavier than the average Frenchman and 70 pounds heavier than the average Bangladeshi citizen. To compile a ton of total mass, it would require only 12.2 Americans in a room versus 20 average citizens of Bangladesh.

Lol! Come on America. Don't let us down. We all know how you love to be #1 in everything. Go for it! Seriously though, it never ceases to amaze me in the US how cheap and easily available jink/fast food is - and lack of healthy fresh food alternatives, and portion sizes in most places make my eyes pop out, 'Uh it's just me you're feeding, not the entire 82nd Airborne Division.'

News Comments > The Division in March
13. Re: The Division in March Jun 16, 2015, 10:50 Cutter

Devinoch wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 20:57:
Good to see the trolls are out in force.

I'm still psyched about this game.

But it's okay, trolls. You can be cynical about everything. The rest of us don't care.

A) If you didn't care, you wouldn't respond.

B) Calling a developer on their bullshit marketing isn't trolling, jackass.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 16, 2015, 10:46 Cutter

The Hololens demo was also beautiful, but a bit misleading; by all reports the field of view is much tighter than what was suggested by the demo. The technology is very exciting, but my understand is that it's not quite as impressive as the way it was portrayed on screen.

And the reality hits. You guys seriously need to stop buying into marketing bullshit. Start thinking, and stop reacting so emotionally, which is what the marketing goons rely on.

21273 Comments. 1064 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo