Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 20434 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 19, 2015, 10:18 Cutter

Is it for realz yo?

And for the most part military funding is an absolutely massive waste of time and money. Think about how much better the US would be - not to mention the world - if even half of the military's budget was going to health, education, infrastucture, etc.

“That's it. You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!”
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Mar 19, 2015, 10:09 Cutter

Wow, this Outer Wilds games sounds 'outerly' wild! Hopefully yhey can get it remade in something like UE4.

“That's it. You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!”

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 19, 2015, 10:04 Cutter

Lawyers representing Uber denied it was subject to rules governing taxi operators, claiming the company merely acts as an exchange connecting drivers with clients.

In response, Uwe Eilers, one judge on the three-judge panel that delivered its decision on Wednesday, said: "In that case, you should include in your business description that Uber offers rides for free."

Lulz! I like the concept of ride sharing but Uber is a scummy company and needs to go.

And this is just another major part of what's wrong with copyright law as is. Why should his family - who had nothing to do with the song - be able to profit from work they didn't do? This entire case has been a farce from the get-go. All music is derrivtive and this will chill all new creation of music. Much as I love Marv, the Gaye family needs to lose this case. I can only hope they win on appeal.

This comment was edited on Mar 19, 2015, 10:27.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 19, 2015, 09:58 Cutter

I don't know how France could possibly manage to block all sites related to Islam.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 19, 2015, 09:56 Cutter

QFT....

ICANN decided some time back, and the courts have largely agreed, that when a user visits a domain whose name is identical to a famous trademark, those users are likely to assume that the site they're visiting is maintained by the owner of that mark.

So this is a pretty well-established rule for well-known TLDs like .com and .org. Now that the number of TLDs has exploded, there's maybe an argument to be made that a TLD outside of the normal range of wares sold by the owner of that mark might not be subject to the same rule. So, e.g., whereas it was reasonable for courts to transfer ownership of a domain like "barbie.com" from an adult entertainment company to Mattel, it's less clear that they should do the same for "barbie.xxx" or whatever.

In the present case: I'm about 99.99% sure that Walmart sells horse-related products in some regions. A person looking for horse-related products might very well assume that walmart.horse is Walmart's horse-related products website. Whether a parody defence would apply in this context seems questionable to me.

I'm not generally an apologist for overly strong IP laws, but trademarks actually work to help consumers rather than hurt them much of the time.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 19, 2015, 09:49 Cutter

Cliff, your life has been nothing but a series of scripted moments and still is. I wonder if he honestly believes the horseshit he's spouting.

News Comments > Pillars Announced
1. Re: Pillars Announced Mar 19, 2015, 09:45 Cutter

And are these pillars eternal somehow?

News Comments > Atari and Llamasoft Spar Over Tempest Game
1. Re: Atari and Llamasoft Spar Over Tempest Game Mar 19, 2015, 09:44 Cutter

Sounds like it's his own fault for not negotiating a better contract with the original property itself.

News Comments > Cryptic Layoffs
1. Re: Cryptic Layoffs Mar 19, 2015, 09:22 Cutter

Won't be long before they're all unemployed. PWE is such a terrible company. It boggles the mind that a company like that can even exist. Actually it boggles the mind there are people that support them and their shitty business model.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Mar 18, 2015, 21:07 Cutter

Wow, what a great way to make a living. I wish I would have had the artistic skills to make a living like that.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 18, 2015, 20:41 Cutter

I've never liked Hillary but what is with this molehill being turned into a mountain? She's not some tech guru. The blame lay soley with her staff and the tech people involved in this who work for the government. This is just a straight up witch-hunt. There are far more pressing matters to concern themselves with.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Mar 18, 2015, 20:38 Cutter

Boid is the woid?

News Comments > Evening Previews
1. Re: Evening Previews Mar 18, 2015, 20:38 Cutter

"Deckard. B-263-54."

News Comments > MINECON 2015 Announced
1. Re: MINECON 2015 Announced Mar 18, 2015, 20:33 Cutter

$242 CDN for a ticket? Ahahahahahahahahaha!

News Comments > Sword Coast Legends Livestream Tomorrow
2. Re: Sword Coast Legends Livestream Tomorrow Mar 18, 2015, 20:29 Cutter

I'm cautiously optimistic. However, their being so close lipped about even basic details does nothing to assuage my fears that this will be not much more than a consoley/arcadey NWN lite.

News Comments > Full Control Lays Off Staff; Lays Off Game Development
3. Re: Full Control Lays Off Staff; Lays Off Game Development Mar 18, 2015, 20:27 Cutter

So why are they out of bidness if they've enjoyed such commercial success?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 18, 2015, 18:26 Cutter

Type would be easiest and best. RPG, MMO, RTS, FPS, Adventure, Side Scroller, etc. That way whenever you're in the mood for a particular category it's easy to find.

News Comments > Brother against Brother Next Month
3. Re: Brother against Brother Next Month Mar 18, 2015, 12:04 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 11:28:
I'm still waiting for Call of Duty: Civil Warfare.

That'd be pretty cool actually. Is there a FPS Civil War game that exists? Hell, I'd love to see a 3D Colonization simulator. Taking your wagon across the plains, dealing with the hostile wilds and savages! Building your cabin, working the land, animals, etc.

Edit: I'd imagine it'd be hard to do something like Antietam with only 64 players or less however.

News Comments > Steam EU Refunds Now Available [Updated]
32. Re: Steam EU Refunds Now Available Mar 18, 2015, 12:00 Cutter

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 10:53:
Cutter wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 09:57:
No we don't. Businesses in Ontario aren't required to provide refunds or exchanges. There's a cooling off period of 14 days on written contracts valued over $50, but if you choose to waive your rights by agreeing to the Terms of Use that's considered express consent.

A ToS and ToU or even contract can not be used to waive your rights in Ontario or Canada. That was covered under a case with Rogers Communications. Also, the part you're talking about has to do with all contracts between two or individuals not just 'written contracts.'

Yeah, I know they can't supersede civil and human rights, however digital items are different ball of wax. Steam - unfortunately - can't be held accountable for the state of a product. They have zero legal obligation to provide you any redress. The best you could do is take the developer to small claims and sue them directly. That's why our "rights" such as they are, are BS.

I'm having to file a FOI request against the OPP atm because they won't provide me some general information about traffic statistics - upon which their budgets are predicated. They'll only provide it to the Crown. It's fucking exculpatory evidence that supports my position and they're a public agency! Why should I have to pay to access this information that my tax dollars already paid for them to accrue in the first place? The SCC has already ruled they're not permitted to do that, but they're doing anyway. So I'm filing a complaint with the Privacy Commish, but do you think that's really going to amount to anything?

Yeah, we have plenty of rights. And they're soundly ignored and trampled all the time. I worked the G20. I saw the mass arrests and peoples rights tossed aside. And what happened to authorities involved? Not a damn thing. I didn't even want to work the fucking event but my employer insisted I do. If I hadn't I would have been fired. Where were my rights then? Our "rights" are carved into rubber, not stone, at best.

News Comments > Steam EU Refunds Now Available [Updated]
17. Re: Steam EU Refunds Now Available Mar 18, 2015, 10:02 Cutter

EU Consumer Rights Directive (2011/83/EC).

" In relation to contracts for online digital content, Article 16(m) regulates the right of withdrawal as follows: '[Member States shall not provide for the right of withdrawal in respect of contracts as regards]: (m) the supply of digital content which is not supplied on a tangible medium if the performance has begun with the consumer’s prior express consent and his acknowledgment that he thereby loses his right of withdrawal.'

'Express' consent and acknowledgement for the purposes of Article 16(m) should be interpreted by analogy to the rules on express consent provided in Article 22 on additional payments for additional services. This means the consumer has to take positive action, such as ticking a box on the trader's website."

So it's the same thing as here. Once you agree to the TOU that's considered express consent and you waive your rights to a refund.

20434 Comments. 1022 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo