Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 21329 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 22, 2015, 19:18 Cutter

It's not no one listened so much as no one cares. You're in charge of a Fortune 1000 company. You can invest 10s of millions of dollars into IT security and serve your customers, or you can take that as bonus for yourself because fuck everyone and everything else. What you do think the average executive is going to choose, hmm?

"During times of universal deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Specs Updated; AMD Issues Noted
23. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Specs Updated; AMD Issues Noted Jun 22, 2015, 19:15 Cutter

Jesus, I just realized those are the min specs. That's fucking insane. Welp, I'll be skipping this title for sure now.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 22, 2015, 14:53 Cutter

I'm not defending Apple, I'm condeming the model that Swift and other parasites like her want. Apple in this case is doing musicians a favour. Giving people the opportunity to check out stuff they normally might not if it's a purchase or not at all scenario. It's bad enough they have everything skewed in their favour as it is. And then they wonder why piracy is still so rampant. The unmitigated greed of musicians is breathtaking.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 22, 2015, 14:43 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 14:04:
Former 'Star Wars' actor arrested after chase. Pod-racing skills rusty.

And now Anakin's journey toward the Dark Side is complete.

No, that comes after he's passed around in the prison showers when they're done playing 'hide the lightsaber'. Hi-o!

Biker

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Specs Updated; AMD Issues Noted
6. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Specs Updated; AMD Issues Noted Jun 22, 2015, 14:34 Cutter

They could have and should have done this ages ago. Clearly they don't want to make sales to AMD customers. Oh well, their loss.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 22, 2015, 11:54 Cutter

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 10:33:
Do you guys here still have a wallet with paper money? All I can find in mine (in terms of money) is 7 2 coins, 3 1 coins, and a EC card +.+

Haven't actually needed paper money in quite a while.

Yeah, I've always been a cash only guy for the most part. Comes from being in hospitality however and always having cash on hand. I never use debit - except if I actually need cash from a machine which is rare. And I generally only use my CC for online purchases and groceries and gas as I get points on them and it makes the spending easier to track. I'm the sort of guy who feels naked if I don't have a $100 in my pocket.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 22, 2015, 11:45 Cutter

Great article on how companies like Cisco are screwing over workers here.

Feast for investors sells workers short

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 22, 2015, 11:34 Cutter

Wow is that girl ever greedy. Would you go and buy a car without a test drive? A house with inspecting it? This whole model of 'work once get paid forever' is so broken.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 22, 2015, 11:30 Cutter

I miss MUDding. Still was some of the most fun I've ever had gaming.

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Jun 22, 2015, 11:17 Cutter

No one deserves tax breaks. Flat tax for all people and businesses at 5% and eliminate all tax loopholes for everything. But that would make sense and be fair.

Don't like sales? Fine don't put your game on sale. You don't have to. See how that works out for you. What a tool.

News Comments > Tale of Tales Closing
26. Re: Tale of Tales Closing Jun 21, 2015, 21:23 Cutter

And this is why you don't design by committee. They obviously had no vision or passion. The most successful things come about because of those two things. Someone asked John Lennon once how the Beatles wrote so many hits. He replied, they never tried to write hits. They were just writing music they themselves wanted to hear. And being for average working class lads there were millions just like them around the world who wanted the same thing.

But yeah, I guess it's everyone else that's the problem for not realizing they're hipster geniuses.
Rolleyes

News Comments > Sunday Previews
1. Re: Sunday Previews Jun 21, 2015, 21:16 Cutter

Yeah, I dunno. That article - and the rest I've seen - are still very vague. I guess we'll find out soon enough as the game is out in 2 months.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 21, 2015, 21:15 Cutter

I grabbed ARK as a few other people I know did. It's still early but it's good and it's fun. The potential is there. And it seems the devs know what they're doing. They're adding content at a furious pace. I love the 'Oh shit!' moments in this game. I had to swim from one island to another, so I'm looking for the shallowest and safest passage. It's not there. Halfway out the shallows drop off into a gorge. It's dark. It looks clear. I start swimming. Almost to the shallows on the other side and CHOMP! A megladon comes up behind me out of the deep and has me as a snack.

You may want to hold off until it hits beta but I think they're going to deliver with this. They've already done 10 million in sales apparently. So crafting survival game + dinosaurs = win.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 20, 2015, 16:06 Cutter

Darks wrote on Jun 20, 2015, 14:37:
Blues, I'm disappointed in you, You totally left out the DnD game Sword Coast Legends. You never once posted any news about the game.

Sword Coast Legends' powerful DM tools are promising

Real details are still scant. Some people claim it's going to be heavily monetized. Others still that it's online only - even SP. The fact that n-space isn't doing anything to clear this up or dissuade this sort of talk leads me to believe it will probably be the case. Unless they come out to the contrary this game is now off my radar.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jun 19, 2015, 21:14 Cutter

Legend? Lol! He's probably a hero too, right? Heh.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Jun 19, 2015, 21:13 Cutter

Yeah, I'm in no rush for this Bats game. Haven't really liked what I've seen. We'll see where the price is for the Fall and Xmas sales, and then, maybe.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Evening Interviews Jun 19, 2015, 21:07 Cutter

For $80 fucking dollars it better come in a gem encrusted box.

43. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 19, 2015, 18:42 Cutter

Desalus wrote on Jun 19, 2015, 16:28:
Cutter wrote on Jun 19, 2015, 16:17:
It's not apartheid because it's not predicated on race. In this case it's simple prejudice or bigotry. It would be akin to calling it 'mechanical Jim Crow' which would be stupid. Just call them what they are, technophobes or luddites.

"Race, as a social concept, is a group of people who share similar and distinct physical characteristics" - Wikipedia.

Perhaps in the world of Deus Ex, race has been redefined to include not only a person's ethnicity or ancestory, but also what their body is made out of. I'd say it's entirely plausible. If enough people started augmenting their bodies with machines, I'd probably start regarding them as a different race myself.

And the dictionary defines it as "a category of humankind that shares certain distinctive physical traits". It's not social it's taxonomic. Again, in this case it would be prejudice or bigotry against those who identify as transhuman. It has nothing to do with race or ethnicity. Any ethnicity can be transhuman but not every human can be any ethnicity. If you're white and want to identify as black, power to you, but it doesn't make you black.

37. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 19, 2015, 16:17 Cutter

It's not apartheid because it's not predicated on race. In this case it's simple prejudice or bigotry. It would be akin to calling it 'mechanical Jim Crow' which would be stupid. Just call them what they are, technophobes or luddites.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Expansion Pricing Backlash
32. Re: Guild Wars 2 Expansion Pricing Backlash Jun 19, 2015, 16:11 Cutter

deadearth wrote on Jun 19, 2015, 15:22:
Cutter wrote on Jun 19, 2015, 13:48:
Speaking of pricing backlashes, see Ubisoft is asking $80 for the upcoming Ass Creed Syndicate and $120 for the gold edition. You should see the Steam forum for it? '$80? Are you fucking kidding me?' Lulz @ Ubisoft! Whatever they're smoking I want some.

Its $60 in the US, $80 with the 'season pass' gold edition

http://store.steampowered.com/app/368500/

Are you in another country?

Yeah, Canada. Still it's $73 with the current rates. Rounding up like that isn't winning them any friends. Fuck those guys. Where's our regional pricing?

21329 Comments. 1067 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo