Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 20952 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Perma-CC Nerf Plans
9. Re: Diablo III Perma-CC Nerf Plans May 14, 2015, 12:55 Cutter

This is probably Obama's fault too! Thanks Obama!

"During times of universal deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > WoW Bot Bans
5. Re: WoW Bot Bans May 14, 2015, 12:54 Cutter

Well obviously it's Obama's fault. Thanks Obama!

News Comments > Overwatch Video
19. Re: Overwatch Video May 14, 2015, 12:52 Cutter

You guys are right, it does look incredibly lame. The sauce is weak with this one.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation May 13, 2015, 21:17 Cutter

Personally I would have given to Marshawn.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 13, 2015, 21:09 Cutter

the USA Freedom Act

Seriously? The Freedom Act? Well, yeah I guess that's apt. Freedom for the gubment to run roughshod all over its citizens without consequence.

Politicians who voted "no" took to Twitter and e-mail to explain their sentiments.

Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.) wrote a Facebook post explaining his view that the bill's definition of "specific selection term" is still too broad, and it won't stop mass surveillance.

"We need to repeal the #PATRIOTAct and start over," said Rep. Thomas Massie (R-Ky) on Twitter.

On the other side of the aisle, Rep. Ted Lieu (D-Calif.) agreed. "Our nation is better served by allowing Section 215 to expire completely and replacing it with a measure that finds a better balance" between security and civil liberties, he said in a statement.

"I won't compromise protection of basic fundamental privacy," wrote Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-Ore.) on Twitter, who voted against the bill. "You deserve better."

Still, it's actually heartening to see people on both sides of the aisle against all this nonsense in the first place.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions May 13, 2015, 21:00 Cutter

Aww, I thought it said Cobra for a second, and I was about to yell, "Cobra!"

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Out of the Blue May 13, 2015, 20:32 Cutter

Verno wrote on May 13, 2015, 16:26:
The police thing is just some personal beef of yours with nothing to do with what I was saying earlier. You can keep going with it if you want but I'm not interested in enabling it, I'm not a cop and you're not going to get a rise out of me with it. Likewise I'm not sure what naming random rallies (Occupy was an amusingly unrealistic juvenile disgrace BTW) has to do with anything. Canada is no stranger to participating in conflicts, invasions of privacy or arresting some protesters either /shrug

I've argued quite ardently against the patriot act on this very site but again not really sure what that has to do with anything. The governments ability to do something and it actually doing it are two different things, I'm not going to move away because they cooked up something stupid otherwise I'd have to live in space since no country would be appropriate. Thankfully I have that choice, people in North Korea not so much.

Anyways that's about as much time as I want to waste on this considering I was just dropping a line about being grateful where I live, I never "glibly" claimed I lived in a perfect country or something silly.

No, you slighted another country with the implication that where you live you country would never engage in such barbaric practices yet they do and much worse, just not as theatrically. The big news here of late is Omar Khadr. If you don't know who he is look him up. And there are many others, so yes, your government is actually doing things, very bad things. My point is those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

20. Re: Out of the Blue May 13, 2015, 16:01 Cutter

Verno wrote on May 13, 2015, 13:32:
Cutter wrote on May 13, 2015, 12:50:
Yeah, how many 10's of 1000's, maybe 100's of 1000's have died because of the US since 9/11? Cops are killing over 100 people a month on average in the US without so much as a reprimand and one guy getting killed in NK is a call for perspective? Yeah, actually it really does put things into perspective doesn't it? Just not the way Verno thought.

Merits of war is a different discussion IMO. I didn't even mention the police so no idea where that comes from. I just like my ability to criticize my government without fear of an insane despot ordering me to be torn apart by dogs or shot with an AA gun. But I guess I'm just silly like that!

Oh and eraser, NK routinely threatens to murder millions and is only held in check by other world powers ensuring its destruction. That's without getting into the appalling way they treat their citizens. I have my beefs with my country, don't get me wrong but I'm pretty confident I've got a better deal here and sleep just fine at night

Right, you just get strangled to death on the streets by several cops for selling loose cigarettes, or unloaded on in the back running away from them. At least in NK it seems you need an insane despot to order your execution where any agent of the state can do it in the US whenever they please without fear of reprisal. Oh yeah, that's so much better.

And you've very clearly never been to a protest rally. Occupy, G20, Bildenberg Group, etc. there are mass arrests at those things all the time...in violation of people's Constitutional rights. And we're talking about people just peacefully protesting, not the clown "anarchists" there smashing and burning shit.

Nor do you seem to be familiar with The "Patriot Act" which gives your government the right to inter you indefinitely without the right to due process. Don't get me wrong, between NK and the US it's a pretty obvious choice what anyone would pick, I'm just trying to illustrate that Americans generally tend to be pretty glib about these issues and like to slag off every other country as some banana republic while ignoring the many glaring faults of America itself. You only live with the illusion of freedom.

13. Re: Out of the Blue May 13, 2015, 12:50 Cutter

eRe4s3r wrote on May 13, 2015, 11:04:
Verno wrote on May 13, 2015, 09:32:
Ripped into chunks by anti aircraft fire, ooook then. Sounds like reasonable government to me. We all bitch about ours from time to time but here's some perspective.

NK doesn't kill random civilians in Pakistan, so there is that.

Yeah, how many 10's of 1000's, maybe 100's of 1000's have died because of the US since 9/11? Cops are killing over 100 people a month on average in the US without so much as a reprimand and one guy getting killed in NK is a call for perspective? Yeah, actually it really does put things into perspective doesn't it? Just not the way Verno thought.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 13, 2015, 12:47 Cutter

Verno wrote on May 13, 2015, 11:04:
That old xkcd comic idea was thoroughly debunked by experts already as its too susceptible to common dictionary attacks. Passwords in general aren't very secure these days thanks to very efficient password crackers, its more about levels of control through one time use codes and password lockouts. I think biometrics makes the most sense but the privacy implications are severe so it will take a long time to sort out.

No it hasn't, you clearly didn't understand the article. xkcd is talking about passphrases not passwords. In that context the one guy was talking about cracking the password "correcthorsebatterystaple", whereas cracking a passphrase with 4 or more separate words "correct horse battery staple" is virtually unbeatable.

So password managers and password encryption are all but useless. It's just throwing more good money after bad and not resolving anything. That's why I only bother with creating something difficult for the important stuff like my banking, etc. And even then it's frustrating knowing it can still be hacked.

News Comments > Invisible, Inc. Appears
7. Re: Invisible, Inc. Appears May 13, 2015, 12:28 Cutter

Flatline wrote on May 13, 2015, 12:12:
Cutter wrote on May 13, 2015, 10:13:
This game sounds like a definite $5 or less sale pickup.

Dude I don't think I've *ever* seen you say "why yes, this game is worth full retail price!"

Then you're very selective in what you read and remember about my posts. GTA games worth every day one purchase and then some. TES, Fallout, etc. all worth it. I have plenty of day one purchases under my belt over the last 20 years. However, we also have a metric shit ton of shovelware coming out every day now and most of it isn't even worth a purchase at all and if it is, it's only on a very deep discount.

This game - from what I glean from reviews - has about 5 hours of actual content. The rest of it is just random generation of the small existing assets and the random generation doesn't work too well by all accounts. Does that sound like it's worth $20+ dollars to you? It sure doesn't to me. But that's just me. I actually want value for my money.

9. Re: Out of the Blue May 13, 2015, 10:37 Cutter

Genius Bar? Only Crapple could be that arrogant and Crapple fans only marginally less so. Rolleyes

And why don't one of these guys just pop that clown Kim in the back of the head. You know they all want to, and it's not like there'd be any reprisal.

News Comments > Shadowrun Chronicles - Boston Lockdown Free Content
2. Re: Shadowrun Chronicles - Boston Lockdown Free Content May 13, 2015, 10:26 Cutter

Seeing as 1/3rd of the reviews of this on Steam are very negative I'd skip it.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 13, 2015, 10:24 Cutter

Or we could just change password systems to something easier for us and harder for them like xkcd proposed years ago...but that would make sense.

https://xkcd.com/936/

News Comments > Invisible, Inc. Appears
2. Re: Invisible, Inc. Appears May 13, 2015, 10:13 Cutter

This game sounds like a definite $5 or less sale pickup.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black May 12, 2015, 23:09 Cutter

Superintendent Chalmers is not a fan of B.F. SKINNER!

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 12, 2015, 22:56 Cutter

How much did they make? I suspect the fines are a drop in the bucket for them. And not a one of them goes to jail, much less even loses a job, or even a bonus. I wish I was sociopath so I could be a white collar criminal too.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 12, 2015, 22:47 Cutter

If robots can feel anger then yeah, it's probably a good idea to be afraid of them.

It sounds like the beginning of an apocalyptic sci-fi film. A New Zealand artificial intelligence company is building the angriest robot in the world in the hopes of helping companies to understand and placate angry customers. The technology firm, Touchpoint group, has spent more than 230,000 on the project, and is expected to be live by the end of the year.

Seriously? You need a $500,000 dollar AI to answer this? Rolleyes

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup May 12, 2015, 22:41 Cutter

Task wrote on May 12, 2015, 22:24:
Bloodstained: Ritual of The Night funded in 24 hours with over a million already (by the original creator of Castlevania, Koji Igarashi). They are releasing it on Steam as well.

I remember the original Castlevania on SNES. That was good times. I'm not into what he's making with that but obviously a lot of people are. Wow! That must feel good getting walloped with money like that out of the gate.

And yeah, racoons sure aren't salamanders are they?

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Launch Bonus
3. Re: Galactic Civilizations III Launch Bonus May 12, 2015, 22:34 Cutter

Yes, I too would like a demo and will not consider a purchase without one.

20952 Comments. 1048 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo