Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 19646 (Ninja)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
1. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jan 25, 2015, 13:37 Cutter

“The private sector has a leg up in the perks they can offer. We wish, as the federal government, [that] we could pay for dry cleaning and free lunches, but we can’t. We can’t compete on perks,” said Haley Van Dyke, the U.S. Digital Service’s chief of staff. “What we can offer, in a much larger way, is mission. The projects we’re working on are wildly meaningful and offer tangible improvements to peoples’ lives.”

Oh but you can bail out Wall St. and the banks though, right? You can ensure guys who contribute nothing to sosciety except take from it and screw people over get their 6 an 7 figure bonuses, but you can't pay people who actually do important, necessarily work well? And that is precisely why you fail.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 25, 2015, 13:33 Cutter

Ugh two more months to go for GTA5. UGH!
Furious2

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

News Comments > Shadowrun: Hong Kong $1M Mini-Campaign Goal
6. Re: Shadowrun: Hong Kong $1M Mini-Campaign Goal Jan 24, 2015, 21:42 Cutter

Saboth wrote on Jan 24, 2015, 18:04:
I just finished up the original, "Shadowrun Returns" today. I wasn't too impressed. The story wasn't great, combat was kind of tedious, and the game felt more like a point and click murder mystery adventure with a few fights thrown in than something resembling X-Com. Limited money, limited upgrades, items, gear, etc. I've heard the Dragonfall game is superior, so I might pick that up on the next sale.

Yeah, the original campaign is no great shakes but Dragonfall is head and shoulders above it.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
6. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jan 24, 2015, 17:42 Cutter

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 24, 2015, 16:15:
From the whining on blues lately you'd think straight white males were the victims.

How dare anybody complain about rape/death threats, or discuss their viewpoint on a video game!?!

A) We are the victims because we're all lumped in as everything that's wrong in the world when it's absolutely untrue. In spite of the fact that we're the ones who actually make the world a better place to live. And we have to deal with racism in the form of Affirmative Action, etc.

B) Faking rape/death threats for fun and profit is disgusting. If you actually believe for a second they're real I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you cheap.

News Comments > DayZ Early Access Sells 3M
13. Re: DayZ Early Access Sells 3M Jan 24, 2015, 17:37 Cutter

This is a classic case of right place, right time because those sorts of numbers for an unfinished disaster like this is a total fluke.

News Comments > The Bard's Tale IV Announced
14. Re: The Bard's Tale IV Announced Jan 24, 2015, 17:34 Cutter

Pineapple Ferguson wrote on Jan 24, 2015, 16:14:
Wasteland 2 was a letdown? I thought it was great.

It wasn't bad, it just wasn't good. Just sort of meh. Never really grabs you like Shadowrun Dragonfall or the old CRPGs like Fallout, BG, et al. I'm not holding out high hopes for Torment at this point, so I hope we're pleasantly surprised. As I said, I won't even consider anything else from these guys unless Torment is ahh-mazing.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 24, 2015, 16:04 Cutter

"A third of crashes involved a rear-end collision, safety regulator says."

Yeah, it's called tailgating. It boggles the mind how many dumbasses out there do it. That they don't understand things like mass, inertia, deceleration, etc. More so than any other problems with people's driving on the road, tailgating pisses me off the most. Absolutely needless accidents because some assholes don't understand how important spacing is when driving. You don't need eBrakes and they won't make a difference anyway. You need sensors that won't allow people to tailgate in the first place.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
3. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jan 24, 2015, 15:55 Cutter

That's a good haul for a scam. Guess she can plan her next one for a year or two from now. Space them out a little so people don't get suspicious. Hrm, how can I scam people as a professional "victim" instead of working? Kind of hard to do as a straight, white male.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $70M; New Arena Commander Patch
6. Re: Star Citizen at $70M; New Arena Commander Patch Jan 24, 2015, 15:51 Cutter

Vio wrote on Jan 24, 2015, 15:05:
Can you travel to different systems yet via flight/warp/jump?

If and when they ever deliver an actual full game one would assume that one could.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Expansion Announced
13. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Expansion Announced Jan 24, 2015, 15:47 Cutter

Ugh, not jungles. Never cared for that setting. Hated it in Diablo 2 and WoW. And no new races or classes?!?!?!

News Comments > The Bard's Tale IV Announced
5. Re: The Bard's Tale IV Announced Jan 24, 2015, 15:39 Cutter

Enh, never cared for BT. And W2 was a big let down, so if Torment isn't great I'll likely end up blowing this off entirely.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
18. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 24, 2015, 12:32 Cutter

Suppa7 wrote on Jan 24, 2015, 08:14:

There has been some successes.

Faster than light

Faster than light

Shadowrun returns (and dragonfall)

Shadowrun Returns

Distance

Distance

Shovel Knight

Shovel Knight

And more I've forgotten the names of.

Where did I claim there were no successes? Obviously there are some but most aren't, even when they're delivered they're not what people want/expect and that's not just games. That's a major reason crowdfunding has been going down 15%-20% year on year for the last several years. There will always be one offs - like Oatmeal's card game right now - that are wildly successful, but the gold rush is over and you'll only see it continue to diminish as a whole. The point being is that the article is deeply flawed in its reasoning.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jan 23, 2015, 20:06 Cutter

Far out, man. Yeah science! Yeah, Mr. White!  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 23, 2015, 19:53 Cutter

Well Apple doesn't really have a choice, do they? Seeing as they don't want to employ people in the countries where they sell most of their products.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
4. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 23, 2015, 19:50 Cutter

Oh please. Crowdsourcing is already on the decline in a big way all around. People are already tired of scams, unfinished projects, things not turning out as they expected and/or wanted, those who can afford to do their own stuff asking for money, etc. A lot of people are just tired of everyone always seeming to have their hand out for everything these days, I know I am. I have to find ways to grow my business without crowdfunding, if you can't manage that you probably don't belong in business for yourself anyway.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Grey Goo
3. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Grey Goo Jan 23, 2015, 19:43 Cutter

Yeah, cool trailer but weak game, and bad title. And Frank who? Legendary? What? In his own mind?

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 23, 2015, 15:13 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jan 23, 2015, 14:21:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 23, 2015, 10:05:
In the fool me once rule... any of me falling for this at this point, is totally a "shame on me". MS never, never learns. If the got something cool, the product will sell itself on whatever it can immediately do.

SEEECRET!

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, get a monopoly so I'm forced to use your product anyway.

I dunno, I thought the whole thing was gimmicky. I don't really want or need an overlay for RL, although there are probably a lot of niche uses for it, say in construction to visualize the next part you're building, or in surgery say, so the doctor knows precisely where to drill to insert the metal pin in your broken bone, or what not.

What I'm really looking forward to is OR CV1 so I can escape reality, not augment it.

Precisely. This sort of stuff has far more practical uses than it does for entertainment. But that's only if it's easy to implement the software that will allow you to do those things like surgery, architecture, etc. The cost for specialized software might make it entirely impractical.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 23, 2015, 12:31 Cutter

Hah! MS should get Petey to be their PR guy for this, lulz!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 23, 2015, 12:30 Cutter

They need an option to turn it off at least. I hate car noise. It's why I've always wanted a Rolls. They're whisper quiet and insanely comfortable. I love the rumble of a classic muscle car, but that's the trade off, they're fast, loud and uncomfortable. Your average vehicle doesn't need to be, nor should be.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 22, 2015, 23:42 Cutter

"Leeds-based law firm, Lake Legal have said that it was cited in more than a third (66 out of 200) of divorce cases they examined."

Fucking clickbait bullshit.
Rolleyes

19646 Comments. 983 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo