Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 23124 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
13. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Feb 13, 2016, 20:55 Cutter

I've always felt copyright is ridiculous in the first place. The extensions have been downright absurd. And with the TPP on the way they'll likely become permanent. Rolleyes

“There is no such thing as a weird human being. It’s just that some people require more understanding than others.” - Tom Robbins
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
7. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Feb 13, 2016, 16:07 Cutter

El Pit wrote on Feb 13, 2016, 15:11:
Brumbek trying his best to justify what he intended to do from the beginning... Obvious.

Brumbek orders a pizza. The pizza is not okay, so he asks for a refund. Problem solved.

Brumbek buys a game from Steam. The game is not okay. so he asks for a refund. Problem solved.

But Brumbek says Nooooo, not good enough. I need to eat at least half of the pizza, ahm, play hours of the game.

Dear reader, judge for yourself.

There is actually one reason I can accept to pirate the game: if the game is not at all or only in a censored version available to you and cannot be gifted or in any other way activated by you. Which means: the idiots don't want to sell the game to you but to mostly everybody else. Then a pirated copy seems to be the only way you can play the game you would otherwise pay for.

A pizza game is a physical item, a digital game is not. Given the problems with quality, QA, hardware, etc. it's not an unwarranted complaint.

“There is no such thing as a weird human being. It’s just that some people require more understanding than others.” - Tom Robbins

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 13, 2016, 12:37 Cutter

Holy snappin' aresholes it's cold out thar! Colder than a witch's teet it is! -25C = brrr. What a weird micro cold snap as it's going to be half that tomorrow then we're back into the plus range. Oh well, thank heaven for small miracles. We've got through this winter virtually unscathed by snow and cold. Wonder if it'll be a hot summer? Ole ole, feeling hot hot hot!

Devil

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
4. Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 13, 2016, 02:29 Cutter

Avus wrote on Feb 12, 2016, 23:00:
I have no problem with Windows 10 privacy setting, just install Spybot anti-beacon.

Cool, hadn't seen that app before. Ima grab it for sure. Seeing as I imagine MS is going to force everyone to upgrade before long unless some Yanks get off their duffs and start asking the DOJ to begin anti-trust against them.

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Feb 13, 2016, 02:24 Cutter

There's no major actors out there today I could imagine doing Deadpool better than Reynolds. The guy was just meant for the role.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 12, 2016, 18:11 Cutter

Flatline wrote on Feb 12, 2016, 18:06:
Cutter wrote on Feb 12, 2016, 14:22:
She is proof positive that the rule, never stick your dick in crazy, exists for myriad good reasons. It's a rule I've ignored on more than one occasion and always lived to regret it.

To be fair, in this incident, the dick struck me as pretty crazy too.

There are no decent people involved in that shit show.

Seeing as I've never heard his side of the story I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt by virtue of who she is and how she behaves. He may well be an asshole but I'd be more inclined to believe he's the victim here.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 12, 2016, 14:22 Cutter

She is proof positive that the rule, never stick your dick in crazy, exists for myriad good reasons. It's a rule I've ignored on more than one occasion and always lived to regret it.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 12, 2016, 14:18 Cutter

My biggest beef with GPS is there is no alternate route plotting like you can get on Google Maps. Most of the time I prefer alternate routes, back roads, side streets, etc. I don't even care if it's slower so long as I'm moving and not stuck in traffic I'll take it.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 12, 2016, 12:56 Cutter

Did anyone catch that documentary on PBS last week on James Garfield? Interesting man to say the least. Can't say I knew anything about him prior to this. They always murder the good ones.

News Comments > Star Citizen's Discount Package for Backers
12. Re: Star Citizen's Discount Package for Backers Feb 12, 2016, 12:47 Cutter

Is that desperation I smell?

News Comments > Quantum Break PC Plans; Xbox Players Unhappy
20. Re: Quantum Break PC Plans; Xbox Players Unhappy Feb 12, 2016, 12:46 Cutter

So do PC players who order get a free Failbox copy? No? Than fuckoff.

News Comments > No New Assassin's Creed This Year
6. Re: No New Assassin's Creed This Year Feb 12, 2016, 02:43 Cutter

1badmf wrote on Feb 12, 2016, 02:25:
yeah definitely needs more hand-crafted content instead of 1000s of cookie cutter missions. that more than anything makes the game feel like a goddamn job instead of an adventure.

That's the problem with all their games, same shit, different pile. AC still has an element that's interesting because of how history is tied in, but the gameplay of collect a million feathers and doo-dads and what not is just tired. Far Cry is the same game with a different skin every time. And the Division ultimately is just a reskinned FC that has an online component from what we've seen so far. I understand these big public companies are risk averse but they don't have to be so goddamned formulaic with every single game.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Feb 11, 2016, 23:26 Cutter

In this sense, LIGO is now a bit like the IceCube neutrino detector. After confirming that astronomical events sent extremely high-energy neutrinos screaming towards Earth, IceCube has now started to search for the source of these neutrinos, ushering in the era of neutrino cosmology.

And all this time I thought Cube was just a rapper and actor.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 11, 2016, 23:21 Cutter

Yeah but the real problem is militarized cops overreacting as usual. That needs to stop, like yesterday. A lot of those clowns just have a hardon for getting to play Rambo for a while.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Launches Anarchy in Paradise
2. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Launches Anarchy in Paradise Feb 11, 2016, 23:13 Cutter

Well that's redundant. Paradise is anarchic by its very nature.

News Comments > CONAN EXILES Video Diary
2. Re: CONAN EXILES Video Diary Feb 11, 2016, 16:27 Cutter

Yeah, zero interest in a PvP/Griefer environment. If they have co-op PvE, sweet. If not it better be offline play or forget it. And what the hell is with being crucified on a cross and not the Tree of Woe?! There better be a Tree of Woe you can crucify people on - unless you're Neo and than it's a Tree of Whoa! Enh, it's Funcom so my hopes are not high but we'll see.

News Comments > Hatred Developer's New Greenlight
16. Re: Hatred Developer's New Greenlight Feb 11, 2016, 16:20 Cutter

Kajetan wrote on Feb 11, 2016, 11:55:
Cutter wrote on Feb 11, 2016, 11:52:
They're obvious sociopaths with no moral center.

No, just business men trying to make a quick buck. Which is often the same.

It is the same. Not all people in business are sociopaths and psychopaths but estimates range from 5-15% of them are. These guys demonstrate all the classic signs of having APD. They're very obviously sociopaths.

News Comments > Blade & Soul Patched; Passes 2M Users
5. Re: Blade & Soul Patched; Passes 2M Users Feb 11, 2016, 16:13 Cutter

2 million active accounts is a major difference from 2 million accounts.

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Empire Trailer
3. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Empire Trailer Feb 11, 2016, 16:12 Cutter

So is this Warhammer does CK2?

6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 11, 2016, 12:11 Cutter

Pigeon wrote on Feb 11, 2016, 10:49:
I think my disinterest in competitive gaming as I get older is in good part due to not wanting to go through the process of getting good at a game. First of all its more frustrating sucking when you're used to being near the top of the score board. Secondly there's very much a ‘been there done that’ feeling. Lastly while patience in general has increased as I’ve gotten older, my tolerance of willingly spending time among morons and assholes has decreased. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy than among the random sever populations of online shooters. It can take time to find a good server, and I realize a lot of online games are random matching nowadays so that makes the problem worse. Still, some of my best gaming memories are from competitive games.

That sums it up pretty well. Dealing with clowns, hax, et al. It's just not worth it. Far and away I'd much rather spend time in a good CRPG - well, that's always been the case anyway - or explore and craft in a survival type game.

23124 Comments. 1157 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo