Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 19182 (Ninja)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
5. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Dec 21, 2014, 10:59 Cutter

Heh, that's funny. What do you think the US Prison-Industrial Complex is? Over 10% of your population are indentured servants to the state with little to no rights. And what about all those countries you invade and install dictators who do all those things you mention anyway? Just because you don't have gulags in the US doesn't mean you're not responsible for them a lot of places...and you are. The US pretending it has any moral authority would be funny if it wasn't so horrific. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2014, 16:02 Cutter

He has a fever? Is the only prescription more cowbell?

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Dec 20, 2014, 16:01 Cutter

Yeah, I thought it was an interesting review as well. It actually caused me to go off an watch some Twitch feeds of people focusing on combat - and I concur, if you know what you're doing combat is a hoot and a hell of a lot more than jousting. One guy was just an ace and pwning shit all over the place. It was pretty cool the way he was yanking and banking.

So why would you grind trades unless you were into it? I was watching one guy who was just exploring unknown systems and making money doing that. He'd basically stripped out his ship of all excess weight and had it rigged for speed - probably because he felt the need or speed!

So it seems like the reviewer has some preconceived notions about the games limitations and how it "should" be played, as opposed to the myriad ways it can be played.

I'd really like to get in on this but I'm having a hard time reconciling ODRM with a game like this. He's sure make a lot more sales if he got smart and allowed people to take it offline.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
3. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Dec 20, 2014, 15:53 Cutter

How can anyone that dumb afford a car to begin with? Or live for that matter? Sounds like perfect potential candidates for a Darwin award.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
2. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 20, 2014, 15:50 Cutter

Clearly you don't understand how state run utilities work. Your laissez-faire fantasies are just that and don't work in the real world. Extremes on either end of the political spectrum simply don't work in practice. The way the world works best is like Goldilocks, not too hot, not too cold, but just right.

Why? Because most people who run the stuff that's necessary for our day to day lives are greedy sociopaths who'd happily let you die for the sake of a dollar, so they need to be reigned in. Unfortunately for sociopaths like yourself, most people feel the same way. They may not want total government control, but they do want intervention and oversight on their behalf. Deregulation shows time and time again that that sort of oversight is entirely necessary. If it bothers you so much that go live off the grid on a desert island as a hunter-gatherer somewhere and see how that works out for you.

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Dec 20, 2014, 15:38 Cutter

"The Leader is good, the Leader is great, we surrender our will as of this date!"

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Assetto Corsa
1. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Assetto Corsa Dec 20, 2014, 15:37 Cutter

Ahh si, molto bene!  

News Comments > On Sale
10. Re: On Sale Dec 20, 2014, 11:08 Cutter

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 20, 2014, 03:33:
Buddy was also there, said "you need to talk and keep people interested" - really? Do people actually want to hear me talk about what I am doing? That is lame. If I am watching someone play, I just wanted to see what they do....I dunno.....

input?

I get a lot of people watching the games I play, maybe I need to chat it up a bit?

Not unless that's what you're after and Twitch already does that. I was watching a Twitch feed of a guy doing an interactive Q&A about Elite Dangerous so that made sense. However watching guys narrating what they're doing is kind of silly, 'Ok as you can see I've switched to chainguns and now I'm shooting the bad guy. And he's dead so that's a 10k bounty for me.' Gee, thanks because I didn't just see that happen myself. I don't need or want the play by plays.

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Dec 19, 2014, 23:13 Cutter

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 19, 2014, 21:08:
Cutter wrote on Dec 19, 2014, 20:57:
Welp, day 2 of the Steam sale and still nothing good on yet.

Modor PREMIUM (includes all season pass and extra content) is 24.xx at G2a....worked.

But yea, other than the Assassin's Creed stuff I grabbed, not much out there today.

That was cool watching you play, I'll probably pick it up soon.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Dec 19, 2014, 21:08 Cutter

Yeah, that's not bound to fail miserably.
Wry

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 19, 2014, 21:07 Cutter

GOP has plan to favor big biz over consumers, news at 11! In other news snow is cold and the sun is hot.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 19, 2014, 21:04 Cutter

Uh yeah, you caved. You folded faster than Superman on laundry day. What's a matter Colonel Sanders? Chicken?

And sorry, US gubment, no one believes anything you have to say anymore.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 19, 2014, 20:59 Cutter

Seriously? Those people have super bizarre tastes.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Dec 19, 2014, 20:57 Cutter

Welp, day 2 of the Steam sale and still nothing good on yet.  

News Comments > Respawn on Titanfall on Origin vs. Steam
5. Re: Respawn on Titanfall on Origin vs. Steam Dec 19, 2014, 20:56 Cutter

Darks wrote on Dec 19, 2014, 20:32:
Vince is full of shit, I'm betting right now, if he had to do it all over again, this game would still not be on steam.

This is whats called talking out of your ass.

I would also argue that what killed this game was MP only. not Campaign.

Correct. No SP and bots, Origin only = fail. Sucks to be a one trick pony.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 19, 2014, 19:28 Cutter

1badmf wrote on Dec 19, 2014, 19:11:
i'll always insist on The Lion in Winter being the best xmas movie. as dysfunctional as it is, at its heart it's about a family coming together for christmas and being a family in the only way they know how. the fact that it's maybe the most intelligent script i've ever seen by a mile doesn't hurt either.

True, I always forget about that and it's such a brilliant film. In fact, anyone who's never seen it shouldn't even be permitted to voice an opinion on Christmas films.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 19, 2014, 11:17 Cutter

I've never minded colorization, so long as the original is preserved. And are you sure you didn't prefer the 1986 remake of BiT with Keanu? How funny he went on to utter the words...."Oh, you beautiful babes from England, for whom we have traveled through time. Will you go to the prom with us in San Dimas? We will have a most triumphant time!"

The greatest Christmas film of all time however is Die Hard. The Long Kiss Goodnight is up there too. Gremlims is also a must watch. For me it just isn't Christmas without the Rankin-Bass shows or the Charlie Brown Christmas.

News Comments > World Wide Funder Refutes STALKER Apocalypse Collusion
5. Re: World Wide Funder Refutes STALKER Apocalypse Collusion Dec 19, 2014, 11:01 Cutter

Please stop giving both these crooks press.

News Comments > Larian's "Leaked" RPG Plans
7. Re: Larian's Dec 19, 2014, 10:58 Cutter

You’re not going to see huge animated movies with barely interactive worlds from us in which millions of dollars go to cutscenes. Instead, you’ll see dense, highly interactive worlds where the amount of possible interactions continuously increases and your freedom to do as you want approaches that of a pen & paper RPG.

This! Nice to see someone gets it. They should really work on making a new super-user friendly editor to turn this into the next NWN and allow players to create their own content, DM games, etc. If not, reskin it and go with some other genre besides high-fantasy - sci-fi/western/dystopian.

News Comments > Panache's "Historical-Action-Survival" Game & Free Game for Fans
1. Re: Panache's Dec 19, 2014, 10:53 Cutter

So he left Ubisoft to make his own Ass Creed game with zombies? Yeah. Ok.

Sounds like the need some L'Air de Panache at Panache games instead.

19182 Comments. 960 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo