Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cutter Knox

Real Name Cutter Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cutter
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Rockin' dude!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 7, 2006, 00:07
Total Comments 21586 (Jedi)
User ID 25394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 2, 2015, 22:45 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Aug 2, 2015, 22:10:
HorrorScope wrote on Aug 2, 2015, 20:51:
Agent.X7 wrote on Aug 2, 2015, 18:46:
Everyone talking about how they're better than the shriveled pansy-men who don't shoot

Dreaming of some type of civilization breakdown. But reality will be they will die in a bed of old age hanging on to their last breath. This happened recently and from reports I've heard this man wasn't arrested. He's lucky he's not black or he would have been shot.

Hand on gun AND an AK on the other shoulder.

http://i.imgur.com/knFLjw1.jpg

This analysis by statistician Nate Silver says it all:

• For whites in America, murder rates are comparable to Finland.

• For blacks in America, murder rates are comparable to Rwanda.

• Blacks have a nearly 8 times greater chance of being murdered than whites.

I'd like to see that study because it sounds like cherry picking to fir a political agenda to me. Is that adjusted for overall population percentile? Black on black crime? What about black on white crime? Why do blacks account for half of all crime when they only account for 12% of the population? You don't see those numbers anywhere close to that with any other minorities. Asians account for only 1% of crime and they're 5% of the population. Just a quick search of race crime stats - FBI, etc. - shows that most of the danger that blacks face is of their own making. Everyone else seems to be moving on except them. They always seem to be looking for someone to blame and refusing to accept any responsibility for themselves. Meanwhile those from Asia seem to be moving onward and upward just fine.

"During times of universal deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
    Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Endless Space 2 Announced Aug 2, 2015, 19:05 Cutter

Bitterbug wrote on Aug 2, 2015, 13:44:
    There's two reasons you usually see guys standing around on jobs like that. Unions and safety protocols. I worked for a construction company putting new waters systems under the roads of an air force base one summer. There is absolutely no cross-task work allowed. If I was directing around a junction where the welders were working and they needed a pipe brought to them I would have been fired for picking it up, even if we had to wait 10 minutes for someone designated as a laborer to show up and carry it over. You get one warning when you're new.
    The safety is the more reasonable. For some tasks if there's one guy working on something there's two standing by. Getting someone who has been rendered dead weight to safety is a lot of work. You may also need one person to hold the other back in order to prevent two casualties while they try to resolve the situation.

One guy was drilling a hole and the other guy lubing it with mineral oil. You need 7 guys in addition to that to make sure everyone is safe and the two guys are doing what they're supposed to do? Again, this is the problem with both unions and management. That's just fucking absurd. I've worked union gigs and hated it. Most of my family on my dad's side are all in the trades and only one works a union gig. The rest (sub)contract out because they can't stand the bullshit.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 2, 2015, 12:39 Cutter

That NYC subway video was amazing. And what never ceases to also amaze is how city workers get paid for not working. Look around the 5:12 mark on that video and you see 7 guys standing around watching 2 guys work. And people wonder why it takes forever and costs a fortune to get anything build in a city. They need to start hiring overseers that just constantly patrol and make sure everyone is actually working. If not dock them or send them home. City work is so inefficient and corrupt it's ridiculous.

News Comments > On Sale
    2. Re: On Sale Aug 2, 2015, 12:17 Cutter

Avoid like the plague.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 1, 2015, 13:32 Cutter

Yeah everyone loved Roddy. Met him once and he was a nice guy. I guess he was our generation for those of us who watched wrestling as kids. And yes, They Live rocks - as do most John Carpenter flicks. RIP Roddy.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
    1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 31, 2015, 23:10 Cutter

Damn right AI is a threat. To think we can invest an alien intelligence with human emotions, values, and morals is laughable at best.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
    1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jul 31, 2015, 22:57 Cutter

How many did the NSA hack? I'd suspect more. A LOT more.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
    1. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 31, 2015, 22:55 Cutter

It's just another unnecessary distraction to take peoples eyes off the road. Forget this scheisse and FOCUS on the road!  

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Cosmonautica
    3. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Cosmonautica Jul 31, 2015, 22:50 Cutter

Yeah, looks interesting it. I'll go in when it's in the $5 or less category.

News Comments > Don't Starve: Shipwrecked Announced
    2. Re: Don't Starve: Shipwrecked Announced Jul 31, 2015, 22:47 Cutter

I too liked it, but found it a tad tedious and hated the night cycle.

News Comments > On Sale
    3. Re: On Sale Jul 31, 2015, 22:46 Cutter

MORTAL WOMBAT!!!

News Comments > The Witcher III Patch Notes
    8. Re: The Witcher III Patch Notes Jul 31, 2015, 22:41 Cutter

I went Yenn - and banged everything that moved - in the first playthrough. I'll be a good boy and just go with Triss on the next.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
    6. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 31, 2015, 17:22 Cutter

Big Brother coming soon to a gray, soulless, bureaucratic utopia near you.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
    18. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 31, 2015, 17:20 Cutter

AMD to Nvidia: 'Like OMFG! U guyz r totes raceist!'

25. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 31, 2015, 14:02 Cutter

Zimbabwe wants US to extradite Palmer for killing Cecil

Good stuff. Get his ass on a plane already!

And just because it was interesting and I did not know this about most of these athletes.

10 Athletes You Didnít Know Are Vegetarian or Vegan

And some general NFL news as pre-season is almost upon us! Just over a month until teh regular footballs season is upon us! Yay!

NFL News

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 31, 2015, 13:10 Cutter

I've never understood rating posts. It's zero indication of quality and only one that someone else agrees or disagrees with. So you agree with it or not, so what? A poll function would be far more useful.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 31, 2015, 10:41 Cutter

I never use that side menu stuff. Never have. Never will. Except for user settings.

And that image of the Asus civ is awesome!

And wtf? This guy has been shitting in those holes...for a decade??? Jesus, fire your head of security already and get someone competent. Hell, he's probably the one doing it. That sort of incompetence boggles the mind.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
    1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 31, 2015, 10:35 Cutter

And America's slide into full on fascism continues unchecked.

News Comments > Into the Black
    2. Re: Into the Black Jul 30, 2015, 20:31 Cutter

Ok, that was sweet.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
    2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 30, 2015, 20:23 Cutter

Not illegally spying on Americans and everyone else fast enough, eh Obama?

21586 Comments. 1080 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo