Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Hoolaparara

Real Name Hoolaparara   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname hoolaparara
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 30, 2006, 08:51
Total Comments 35 (Suspect)
User ID 25293

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Feb 10, 2011, 08:05 hoolaparara

What? no mention of the fantastic $873 saving on railworks DLC?

It's only $199.99!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
10. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2010, 01:08 hoolaparara

So does anybody know anything about this Not Available in Your Region game that steam has twice on their daily deals?

its hard to tell from that title what sort of game it is!

News Comments > On Sale
12. Re: On Sale Dec 28, 2010, 03:32 hoolaparara

grrr anyone used the wallet? I was up to 4 transactions in the sale so far and was hoping to put $5 into the wallet (bringing me up to the $50 I'd set aside).

Stupidly it seems you can't add to the wallet as part of a purchase, it kept taking me straight to the checkout bit rather than the cart... And why the arbitrary amounts too?

I was thinking of sticking $15 in now whilst the $AU is high ($5 for the end of this sale and $10 for picking up the stalker games if they ever come down to $5) but no go, couldn't even stack a $5 with a $10 since as I say you only seem to be able to buy one at a time with no other transaction.

News Comments > Neverwinter Nights 2 Platinum on Steam
9. Re: Neverwinter Nights 2 Platinum on Steam Dec 27, 2010, 23:38 hoolaparara

Its nice to know I'm not going insane. I was confused when I saw NWN2 this morning as it was one of the few things I had on my definitely want list.. now though.. given its a new listing can I wait for it to get even cheaper instead?

decisions decisions....

News Comments > On Sale
23. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2010, 08:17 hoolaparara

Prez wrote on Dec 24, 2010, 03:58:
Hmm... A (not-so-)short list of downloadable games I've bought in the last couple of weeks:

<deleted>

Half-Life Source

<deleted>

I must confess as I was browsing I was startled to see this piece of crapola sells for $9.99. It was so completely pointless when first released, did they ever actually make it worthwhile?

Speaking of worthwhile I noticed that operation flashpoint: dragon rising is $3 on steam, I know its been kicked around a lot here but still not work it?

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Nov 21, 2010, 08:19 hoolaparara

So whats the story with stalker: clear sky. I was looking for it to come down cheaply and the box never did, it just disappeared.

And here we have a stalker bundle.. with only 2 games not including clear sky?

News Comments > Icewind Dale 2 Complete on GOG.com
12. Re: Icewind Dale 2 Complete on GOG.com Nov 5, 2010, 09:02 hoolaparara

Its interesting I struggled to get into baldurs gate which I bought in 2000, but in 2007 I found out dosbox which finally helped me play the old goldbox games properly. This got me interested in the infinity games again and I bought a box with all of them and neverwinter knights and started playing it 6 months later.

The kobold thing.... One thing I found that felt a little unheroic was how often in the infinity games it was 6 on 1 compared to the goldbox games where many big battles had henchmen aplenty.

I know you're fighting some demigod level type of villain but it often felt less than heroic when there were 6 of you (plus summons).

News Comments > GOG.com Re-Launch Gift
38. Re: GOG.com Re-Launch Gift Oct 21, 2010, 06:28 hoolaparara

Whilst we're on gog again, what is their download systems, if I was looking at downloading 1gb of planescape on my dial up do I have a chance of getting it down over 2 weeks or does it like steam not do resuming?

And I know they list xp/vista/win 7 but if a game has win xp in their list of oses is there a reasonable chance it will actually work in win 2k?

News Comments > Serious Sam HD Gold Edition on Thursday a Steam/GOG.com Clue?
4. Re: Serious Sam HD Gold Edition on Thursday a Steam/GOG.com Clue? Sep 21, 2010, 10:56 hoolaparara

Good old games*

*Good old games not available for old operating systems anymore

News Comments > First Sale Doctrine Weakened?
19. Re: First Sale Doctrine Weakened? Jul 13, 2010, 03:13 hoolaparara

I agree on the corporatism thing, this is a perfect example where the corporation are happy as larry to oursource their labour to third world countries but then use the force of government to prevent people outsourcing their purchasing of their products to the same countries.

T

News Comments > MS Recommitted to PC Gaming (Again)?
37. Re: MS Recommitted to PC Gaming (Again)? Jun 22, 2010, 07:04 hoolaparara

I'm not sure PC gaming can survive another bout of Microsofts support  

News Comments > Civilization V in September
19. Re: Civilization V in September Jun 12, 2010, 00:09 hoolaparara

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jun 11, 2010, 16:44:
I prefer to buy games to own and not to rent for full price.
Steam is actually better because you have perpetual access to your games for no additional fees, whereas the physical media on which retail games reside is prone to degradation, loss or breakage. Not only that but you can't lose CD-keys. In fact I pity people like yourself who are tied down to the idea of physical media.

Tell that to me when in august this year I lose access to my steam games on the same computer I've been playing them since I first bought them.... (well ok I'm not losing access to the half life games because I've got oh my god the physical media.. this makes no sense!).

News Comments > Portal Free
37. Re: Portal Free May 13, 2010, 19:55 hoolaparara

You think if I wanted to I wouldn't have already? Besides its not like they're not going to stop supporting windows xp soon.

I bought some games to use on a supported operating system and soon I will not be able to use them on that system. Aint DRM grand.

--
funny thing that made me just look at the portal page I 'bought' free portal because I was wondering if it was not win 2k supported... but it does mention 2k as a supported OS!

ie

Recommended: Pentium 4 processor (3.0GHz, or better), 1GB RAM, DirectX® 9 level Graphics Card, Windows® Vista/XP/2000, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

News Comments > Portal Free
33. Re: Portal Free May 13, 2010, 10:59 hoolaparara

Well I got blighted again by steam here. Always seem a bad experience. Last time was a 3 days of buying $5 bio-shock which was a dialup nightmare when I click the buy now button and wait for an hour and the modem is busy for an hour but nothing happens.

This time I seemed to have gotten lucky by not updating (and having running) steam first and getting portal actually worked like a normal online buy!

Then I updated steam and got the bad news

Support for Steam on Windows 2000 will end on August 31st 2010.
This means you will no longer be able to run Steam.

No more steam games for me!

News Comments > Day of Defeat: Source Patched
11. Re: Valve respects customers Jun 30, 2006, 04:56 hoolaparara

Oh please, Valve are still putting out content they would have had to have in the game when they released it if they hadn't always bundled it with other games. It started with 4 maps for gods sakes! Count them... on one hand no less!

And it only had 6 before this update.

35 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo