Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daturan

Real Name Daturan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Daturan
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 27, 2006, 03:32
Total Comments 26 (Suspect)
User ID 25218

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 2, 2010, 18:42 Daturan

sorry to hear Blue.. my mom went through lung cancer treatment several years back but she still smokes... it's a insidious addiction. Hopefully your warning will be heard by some.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out Of Hell UT2004 Mod Released
7. Re: Out Of Hell UT2004 Mod Released Nov 2, 2009, 18:24 Daturan

thanks for sticking with it! the vid looks spectactular! hopefully it will run on my linux install but if not I find my old XPms drive around here somewhere  

News Comments > DOOM 3 Dark Mod
2. Re: DOOM 3 Dark Mod Oct 19, 2009, 12:35 Daturan

yhA! got big hopes for this one,, looks like it's going to be a late night for some of us ; )  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Wanted: Weapons of Fate
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Wanted: Weapons of Fate Mar 24, 2009, 17:21 Daturan

I'd take 5 quality hours a game play over the junk that I've experienced these past few years... + it always takes me much longer to play through a game then most reviewers.. 5 hours most likely would end up 2 weeks of fun filled evenings.  

News Comments > On Hollywood Voice Talent
15. Re: On Hollywood Voice Talent Feb 20, 2009, 19:00 Daturan

it's a perfect opportunity for the many unknown but extremely talented (v)actors. Unlike TV or moves that need the actor's draw power, I really don't care if Mr. Depp is the voice of my in game commanding officer, just that the delivery of the content of the dialogue are strong and charged... What I don't understand is why the companies often times pick someone that would fail out of amateur theatre.  

News Comments > EVE Online Drops Linux
36. Re: EVE Online Drops Linux Feb 9, 2009, 23:57 Daturan

it really wasn't support, no true native client,,, hats off to Savage and others and of course icculus. I've been using Linux as my primary opsys for many years now and I'm very happy with the games that are supported and run natively, more ever the mod(s) community.  

News Comments > This is Your Brain on Multiplayer
4. Re: This is Your Brain on Multiplayer Feb 6, 2009, 02:20 Daturan

actually bots don't suck at all,, or rather you stand no chance agents %100 accuracy and .00000001 reaction time and total knowledge of position and assets. Human players have a /somewhat level playing field so your victories can give you the feeling that you're somewhat superior. Bots have random() sleep() inserted in their code graciously allowing you to have an occasional win.  

News Comments > F.E.A.R. 2 Trailer
15. Re: F.E.A.R. 2 Trailer Jan 25, 2009, 02:14 Daturan

the had me at demo,, can't wait to purchase it,, (linux port please?)  

News Comments > ABIT Closing
8. Re: ABIT Closing Dec 18, 2008, 23:54 Daturan

man the bp6,, think that was the name,, dual Celeron? the mobo actually changed my life.. no exaggeration, it came with a abit version of Linux, got me hooked, and made a carrier out of it. I'm actually pretty sad to hear the news.  

News Comments > Linux Prey Released
5. Re: No subject Dec 9, 2008, 17:14 Daturan

hey, think about it,,, look at all the upside to the wait.. a system that meets the max requirements only costs $300... and we can pickup the game for ~$5.00, that's got be a savings well over $1000.00.. with all the cash we save we can pick up the most expensive version of Linux and not that crappy free version ; ) /sarcasm off/ hey Ryan thanks for the early holiday present, you rock!  

News Comments > UT3 Linux & Mac Ports Live
6. thanks Ryan, I'll purchase it Sep 19, 2008, 13:36 Daturan

but what's with the new graphics bloom and film effects? the game requires a $400.00 video card so it can simulate having cataracts. ; )

News Comments > QUAKE Ray Tracing Movie
5. No subject Jun 11, 2008, 01:17 Daturan

I wish the game content would keep up with the visual advancements... think simpsons.. how realistic looking is it? so why do so many (including myself) enjoy it for so long?

News Comments > NVIDIA on PC Exclusive Games
33. yep, they ARE different Jun 10, 2008, 14:54 Daturan

playing through gears of war really exemplified the very sad state of the game industry. I could feel the (financial) bottom line in every aspect of the game... so what's the solution? IMHO it's all about supporting the mod makers that work with the GPLed software. Growth is good for all, unlike when a game Co get large, it's the stock holders that don't give a flying #$%% about our "gaming experience" and are just concerned with their portfolio.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: No subject May 7, 2008, 13:20 Daturan

I hope by "port" they don't mean able to run /ok/ under wine. I'd love to know the motivation for this,, and why would the job description say Linux and not osx/linux, opengl for that matter? oh man, it's just too good news to believe,, apt-get install steam!

News Comments > Crytek to End PC Exclusives
85. wow another crappy game Apr 30, 2008, 13:22 Daturan

I unfortunately purchased this "game" / beta tech demo. FarCry was a blast so I figured even though the demo was awful the full game had to be good right? but can I return the game??? nope!,,, "those damn legitimate customers always messing with our sales figures"...aaarrggg, rant off..

News Comments > ETQW Patch Plans
12. Re: bots Apr 15, 2008, 17:17 Daturan

oh yea, and the bots are pretty fun. The online games can be pretty casual too, the community is courteous and fun,

News Comments > Far Cry 2 Ray Tracing Movie - Updated
18. crappy photos Apr 8, 2008, 00:21 Daturan

the Simpson's/family-guy are far from realistic but for me are my favorite shows.. IMHO far cry blows... AI is shite,,, nothing compelling.. I'd rather read man pages then /work my way through the "game"... note to game developers, please produce something that takes advantage of the new tech. otherwise please don't blame your crappy sales on piracy.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Mac Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars
5. Re: No subject Mar 18, 2008, 16:54 Daturan

can't help replying,, yea tell that to my 8core, Geforce 8800GT, mac-pro ; ) ,, I'm not sure about osx but ET under linux on this monster 23'' wide-screen looks better then real life..

News Comments > Cliff Bleszinkski Q&A
10. fool me twice,, shame on me Feb 19, 2008, 00:49 Daturan

you know, we can't return titles of games that don't meet our expectations.. IMHO all the hype is indeed fraud! sure we can do copious amounts of homework like looking at reviews from popular sites,,, oh wait,, their in bed with publishers.. hype with out any way for recourse to me = fraud.. and when I used to purchase games frequently I felt cheated.

News Comments > Crysis Patch Delay
18. Re: ... Dec 22, 2007, 00:57 Daturan

ok the AI IS "that bad",, try hiding 1/2 minute after an intense firefight. cod4,, are you kidding, my 2 year old machine had no problem running it at full visual settings AND it looked as good or better then all the Crysis in game high res Sshots. AI? how many NPCs and enemies intelligently engaging each other are needed to impress you? plot,, ok you don't care about a dynamic plot but as for dynamic action Crysis is as static as a tech demo,, at best Crysis should be considered a alpha tech demo.

I for one am looking forward to the next patch... er,, um Crysis2?
have fun with <14fps,,, ok rant off, I'm a little cranky tonight ; )

26 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo