Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jay

Real Name Jay   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname JayDeath
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 25, 2006, 12:24
Total Comments 610 (Apprentice)
User ID 24899

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - BioShock Infinite
53. Re: Ships Ahoy - BioShock Infinite Mar 26, 2013, 19:07 JayDeath

Marvin T. Martian wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 18:10:
Save system is the biggest mistake they made in the game. It has checkpoint and only one slot--so no sharing the game with other family members. The mouse sensitivity and key binding could use some work also.

But it is fun.

I concur. I'm not too miffed at the checkpoint feature as it has kinda become standard these days. I've played about an hour or so. The atmosphere is pretty fantastic! And I try to stay away from preorders but the gmg deal was sick and kind of a no brainer.

Steam: BenRichards

I've decided to stop preordering games this year.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Reviews
8. Re: Game Reviews Mar 26, 2013, 10:46 JayDeath

Wow, I dare you to find a negative review. I'm almost done with all those listed here and everyone seems to love the game, aside from a few complaints, and even those are hard to find. One of the reviews refers to the game as a 'watershed' moment for gaming. I can't wait to get home!  

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Launch Trailer
30. Re: BioShock Infinite Launch Trailer Mar 26, 2013, 09:11 JayDeath

Oh this workday can't end sooner! I can't wait to play. I'm concerned about some microstuttering issues ppl are talking about in the steam forum. I hope my system cooperates.  

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Reviews Soar
10. Re: BioShock Infinite Reviews Soar Mar 25, 2013, 12:52 JayDeath

Omg, on my way to Greenmangaming right now!  

News Comments > SimCity Compensatory Games Revealed
31. Re: SimCity Compensatory Games Revealed Mar 18, 2013, 15:44 JayDeath

I think I would pick DS3 but I avoided this debacle because the writing was on the wall with this one! Diablo 3 taught me well.  

News Comments > Sniper Elite 3 Revealed
4. Re: Sniper Elite 3 Revealed Mar 14, 2013, 08:19 JayDeath

Great news! SE:V2 was one of my favorite games last year.  

News Comments > Dishonored DLC Revealed?
6. Re: Dishonored DLC Revealed? Feb 25, 2013, 16:29 JayDeath

I'll buy it, whatever it is. This game was tremendously fun.

News Comments > DayZ Update
13. Re: DayZ Update Feb 17, 2013, 08:41 JayDeath

zombiefan wrote on Feb 17, 2013, 00:20:
DayZ was a fun distraction, but the engine is shit.

Not the zombie apocalypse game that I'm still waiting for. I want barricading, scavenging, and a dynamic that allows for people to team up; not shoot each other dead the second they see one another. DayZ had that at the start, until everyone decided fuck everybody else. They need to work out the cooperation mechanic before I sign on. I want PVE and GVG (groups vs groups).

There is a game in the works called State of Decay that sounds like it will have fortifications to build and defend.

I am still playing the DayZ alpha and loving it. I have almost 400 hours logged and I can't seen to stop playing it. The game gets really fun when you team up with other players. Also, when you accept that fact that 99% of the ppl you come across will shoot first and ask if you are friendly later, the game becomes even more of a survival quest and more fun, imo. I am so excited for the standalone!

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Aliens: Colonial Marines
52. Re: Ships Ahoy - Aliens: Colonial Marines Feb 12, 2013, 11:56 JayDeath

Wow, even IGN bashed the hell out of this game in their review. Now I know it's real bad.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
17. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 10, 2013, 15:28 JayDeath

Why isn't Dead Space 3 available on Steam? I seem to remember seeing it there at some point.  

News Comments > Axl Rose's Activision Lawsuit Dismissed
5. Re: Axl Rose's Activision Lawsuit Dismissed Feb 10, 2013, 15:21 JayDeath

Wow, is he out of money? What a dopey lawsuit!  

News Comments > DayZ Status Report
18. Re: DayZ Status Report Jan 27, 2013, 08:35 JayDeath

Yeah, I'm really excited for this one but let them their time. I have no problem with that.
I have over 300 hours logged for the alpha and I've been playing a lot lately. The pking hasn't stopped at all, in fact I think It's gotten worse, if that's possible. I don't mind it so much as I find it challenging to hide from the bandits. I learn something new everytime I get killed by a bandit. Like, don't run across the field to Novy Sobor in the middle of the day because it's sniper city.

I wonder how the devs will curb the pking for the standalone, if that is even possible without changing gameplay too much.

News Comments > Splinter Cell: Blacklist in August
7. Re: Splinter Cell: Blacklist in August Jan 17, 2013, 09:00 JayDeath

Yeah, I'm trying to get through Chaos Theory over the last few weeks and it doesn't really grab my attention after playing Dishonored and Hitman:A. The game looks pretty though.  

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Commercial
4. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Commercial Jan 15, 2013, 13:14 JayDeath

It looks pretty good. I just hope it's not another 'on rails' mess.

News Comments > BioShock Infinite PC Details & Specs
8. Re: BioShock Infinite PC Details & Specs Jan 15, 2013, 12:41 JayDeath

Jerykk wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 12:29:
What makes you think it won't look as good as Far Cry 3? Far Cry 3 doesn't even look that great. The interior lighting in particularly looks pretty bad and the SSAO implementations are pretty lousy too. From what I've seen, Infinite looks great (in terms of art style).

I have to agree. Call me crazy but I still think the original Crysis looks better and that's DirectX 10.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 6, 2013, 14:28 JayDeath

Techie714 wrote on Jan 6, 2013, 13:41:
Glad to see Farcry 3 up at the top spot. I'm enjoying the hell out of this game. Yes it has its short falls & it could have been a little better in some areas but overall it's fantastic. A few things I love about it.

1. The open world, seriously this game has so much open beauty it's amazing. It really reminds me of Fallout in ways where you could literally spend just hours exploring & finding stuff. What it's lacking though is deep & engaging story lines in the side quests. they are all very simple side quests.

2. The graphics are so nice in this game at times my jaw actually dropped in some areas of how beautiful it could be. I'm not sure what engine it's using but I'm uber impressed

3. The AI is pretty decent. The bad guys take cover, flank you, & actually hunt you down for awhile at least. They also call in for back-up when their buddies start dieing off.

4. Main story line is actually really interesting and the characters you meet in the game are well acted & engaging in their narrative. It's actually a story line that is believable & makes you want to find out what happens next.

Just my thoughts on this game

* I think its biggest short fall is the lack of Mod support, yes their are mods but they are not properly supported. Mod support would have been a HUGE win for the openness of this game & a long bright future for it.

Mods: http://farcry.nexusmods.com/

I got it for x-mas and I haven't installed it yet. Maybe I'll fire it up tonite. Borderlands 2 has been consuming me lately!

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Dec 30, 2012, 08:33 JayDeath

It might be over now but I got borderlands 2 for $21 @ greenmangaming. I love this site. It reminds me of gogamer.com

The first bl was kinda meh for me. I can't get over how much better bl2 is to the original game. I can't put my finger on it but it is sooo much better and I am loving it! I think it's what Rage should have been.

News Comments > New X-Motor Racing
1. Re: New X-Motor Racing Dec 25, 2012, 08:25 JayDeath

Does anyone play this? It looks pretty good.  

News Comments > On Sale
24. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2012, 13:59 JayDeath

Steam wants $10 for the original Call of Duty. Haha!  

News Comments > On Sale
18. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2012, 11:14 JayDeath

I got a dd of Mass Effect 3 for under 11 bucks with a 10% promo code @ Gamefly. Just fyi. WooT!  

610 Comments. 31 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo