Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jay

Real Name Jay   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname JayDeath
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 25, 2006, 12:24
Total Comments 517 (Apprentice)
User ID 24899

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Requires 6GB of RAM
34. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Requires 6GB of RAM Oct 20, 2014, 14:48 JayDeath

Creston wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 12:45:
64 bit only, 6GB of RAM. 55GB of HD space. Pretty beefy.

I gotta admit, the game looks interesting. If the campaign is a solid 10 hours or so, I may even pick it up.

This is exactly why I too am considering buying. The campaigns are always fun, at least for me.

Steam: BenRichards

Shadow of Mordor is wonderful.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
49. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 20, 2014, 08:23 JayDeath

Quinn wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 08:18:
Rigs wrote on Oct 19, 2014, 23:43:
Once the Alien actually showed up, it felt like I was just going to be running from locker to locker. Am I wrong? Tell me there are just particular areas it shows up in. And am I crazy for just wanting to investigate the station instead of run from the Alien? That's the point of the game...maybe it's just me getting old...

=-Rigs-=

If it's you getting old then it's me getting old as well because I hear ya. I've played 2 hours since the Alien actually showed up and now he seems to ALWAYS be around. Like you, I hope the game will at some point "slow down" again. There are terminals around but twice now I've been reading up on stuff while I heard the thuds of the Alien coming closer and I died quite quickly after that. Right now, I play the game in what I must call a "hasty" way. The Alien can make some crazy 180's and SPRINT into the opposite direction catching you off-guard if you choose to sneak, so I literally play this game almost running from hiding spot to hiding spot. The Alien's AI is a bit too dynamic. Sometimes it should just fuck off and reappear 20 minutes later when I've dropped my guard.

You will get your wish. The game slows down alright. There's a few missions where you are just constantly opening doors, climbing ladders, imputing codes and after a while, you get a wtf feeling. And mission 17 will just piss you off. I had fun with this game but it was just way too long, imo.

News Comments > GOG.com Offers Free Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000
32. Re: GOG.com Offers Free Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000 Oct 16, 2014, 08:40 JayDeath

Layer wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 18:32:
Acleacius wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 17:49:
Galaxy sounds great, not so sure about AvP though. I really don't like adding games to my list, unless I really like them. At least on GOG, you can Hide games, something I can't seem to do on Steam.

If you right-click your game in Steam, select Set Categories. Then check the box labeled 'Hide this game in My Library'.

I didn't know this. I too hate scrolling through games I'll never play again. Thx for the tip.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Alien: Isolation
29. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Alien: Isolation Oct 7, 2014, 08:10 JayDeath

I played about an hour so far. The game is so beautiful and has some the sexiest lighting effects I've ever seen. I haven't encountered the alien yet but the game looks and runs great in 1080p.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 5, 2014, 11:49 JayDeath

SoM is absolutely fantastic. I just bought the season pass and that's a first for me for any title. I have about 17 hours logged and I just reached the second area. My GotY unless Alien:Isolation blows my hair back.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 2, 2014, 19:57 JayDeath

I decided to try the ultra texture settings and the game does look better. All I had to do was drop the shadow setting to high and I'm getting a constant 60fps.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 2, 2014, 10:30 JayDeath

I'm not surprised. His last few flicks have been really terrible and Hollywood has probably had enough of that so he was forced to go somewhere else with his films.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 2, 2014, 10:23 JayDeath

My R9 290 is running the game fantastic and after looking at screenshot comparisons, I can't see the difference between high and ultra texture settings at all so I'm not going to bother with the patch.  

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released
69. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released Oct 1, 2014, 08:49 JayDeath

Fantaz wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 02:14:
even though Monolith did a good game here, i hope they don't decide to just continue doing licensed games and instead focus on new IP's and stuff. and revisiting NOLF/Shogo/Tron is a good idea too.

Omg, I would love to play another NOLF. Those games were really fun.

49. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released Sep 30, 2014, 20:23 JayDeath

I just took a break but the game is great. The combat is fun so far. I'm playing with all ultra settings with no problems at all. I'm wondering if the devs put forth the bogus extra VRAM requirement for the ultra textures just to cover their asses if many ppl had trouble running it in ultra. And I thought the opening tutorial fighting in the rain looked just spectacular!

Spoiler:
Holy shit, that opening scene when his family is murdered was pretty fuckin' brutal. It kinda bothered me.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Fall Patch Arrives
3. Re: Battlefield 4 Fall Patch Arrives Sep 30, 2014, 11:11 JayDeath

I went back to BF3 and I'm lovin' it. It's the better game, imo.  

11. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released Sep 30, 2014, 11:06 JayDeath

InBlack wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 10:05:
I hope the game doesnt end up sucking for you who preordered. Also. Please dont preorder games in the future. This is an appeal from the heart! You are ruining our hobby. Pre-order volume is one of the biggest factors in determining a game's success at least for most big name publishers, and I believe it is the reason why so many games end up being released as messy, buggy, broken or just plain boring pieces of shit.

I think buying these early access games is more harmful to our hobby than preordering. At least with a preorder, I'm getting a fully completed game, most of the time anyway. Ha! I'm so convinced that games like Rust and DayZ will never be finished and it's a real shame.

The main reason I preorder is for a deal. I refuse to pay full price for games these days but I also do a bunch of research on titles that I consider preordering. I watched many gameplay videos for SoM and I was pretty confident that this is the game I want to play. I very rarely get burned with a game I don't like when I preorder because I have usually done the research already. Watch Dogs is the one preorder that I didn't care for but that's about it for this year and I've preordered at least a half dozen games this year with no complaints.
I'm pretty keen on spotting the games I want to play.

2. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released Sep 30, 2014, 09:49 JayDeath

I'm all preloaded but I'm stuck at work. Anyone play yet? I can't wait to get outta here!  

News Comments > Visceral: Battlefield Hardline "Will Work"
20. Re: Visceral: Battlefield Hardline Sep 29, 2014, 15:36 JayDeath

I would like EA to give BF3 the same treatment that Valve gives TF2. It would be great if EA just dumped all their support for BF4 and this pending debacle that is Hardline and just concentrate all their efforts in this one game as it is the best of the modern battlefield games. I was playing a bit over the weekend and the game runs and plays so fantastic with graphics that look just as good as BF4 or Hardline. I guess there's no money in that for EA though.  

News Comments > Gauntlet Released
37. Re: Gauntlet Released Sep 24, 2014, 09:36 JayDeath

Darks wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 09:21:
Verno wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 08:56:
I thought gold was shared, gathering it first only seems to influence the level end score totals.

It is shared. and your right, it only matters for the tallies at the end.

Oopps. I guess I didn't play long enough to realize that.

News Comments > Gauntlet Released
34. Re: Gauntlet Released Sep 24, 2014, 07:56 JayDeath

I got to play a little last night. You can play with keyboard and mouse or gamepad, which is nice. There doesn't seem to be any way of communicating with each other unless you are using TS or Steam with friends. The gold rushing is real frustrating. If you aren't quick, you lose out on the gold fast. Looks ok and runs well but I wish you could zoom in just a bit. I think the game will be more fun with friends.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 11, 2014, 08:39 JayDeath

$350 for that dopey watch? I'll pass.  

News Comments > Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies Open Beta This Month
11. Re: Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies Open Beta This Month Sep 11, 2014, 08:24 JayDeath

The original CS during the beta days was some of the greatest team multiplayer gaming ever. It's amazing to me how much this title has changed over the years. Pre netcode, no hacking, so many great maps. I miss the beta days so much.  

News Comments > Alien Isolation Specs
23. Re: Alien Isolation Specs Sep 11, 2014, 08:14 JayDeath

Cutter wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 20:31:
Anyone taking the pre-order plunge? It's on for $40 at Get Games atm - as opposed to the normal $50 everywhere else. It looks really sweet but how much replayability are you going to get out of this bitch?

I preordered from GMG and got it for $40. I thought that was a good deal. My rig exceeds the recommended specs., even though sometimes that means nothing these days but I'm still excited!

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - PC Dead Rising 3
16. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Dead Rising 3 Sep 6, 2014, 22:16 JayDeath

The game is terrific! I'm getting a pretty consistent 60fps. It's a shame so many ppl are having trouble because the game deserves to be played. I'm having a blast with this game. It's so cool when you turn the corner and you're staring at several hundred zombies in your underwear. Ha!  

517 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo