Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jay

Real Name Jay   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname JayDeath
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 25, 2006, 12:24
Total Comments 567 (Apprentice)
User ID 24899

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Lost GTA5 Accounts Restoration Within 24 Hours
16. Re: Lost GTA5 Accounts Restoration Within 24 Hours Apr 23, 2015, 15:11 JayDeath

I just received my email verification from RockStar. Maybe I'll be able to play again by tomorrow? I'm excited!  
Steam: Krinkle
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Lost GTA5 Accounts Restoration Within 24 Hours
6. Re: Lost GTA5 Accounts Restoration Within 24 Hours Apr 23, 2015, 11:01 JayDeath

Creston wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 10:49:
Note they will also hang up on you within 24 seconds.

Good to know as I was going to try calling them too. I opened a ticket on the 18th and I'm still waiting. Does anyone know if I need to open another ticket or do I just have to wait?

News Comments > Rockstar Social Club Accounts Stolen
13. Re: Rockstar Social Club Accounts Stolen Apr 21, 2015, 11:15 JayDeath

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 09:58:
If games weren't bundled with nonsense like this then this wouldn't be an issue. The RSC has always been pointless.

I so agree.

News Comments > Rockstar Social Club Accounts Stolen
11. Re: Rockstar Social Club Accounts Stolen Apr 21, 2015, 11:09 JayDeath

I had my account hijacked and I'm glad to read this. At least RockStar is aware of the problem. I'm so pissed but I can be patient.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 19, 2015, 20:00 JayDeath

GTA5 is great but the social club is bullshit. My account was hacked and my email address was changed so now I can't log in. I haven't been able to play all weekend and RockStar hasn't fixed the problem
yet. I have no patience for thieves. I'm so pissed.

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - Mortal Kombat X
17. Re: Ship Ahoy - Mortal Kombat X Apr 15, 2015, 08:36 JayDeath

Rattlehead wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 12:40:
This beyond any doubt the worse launch I have ever experienced
Take a block buster game like GTAV that launched yesterday, wtih no problems. Now these idiots at WB and NRS release the game in chunks over the course of the day. Like what were they thinking? If possible, I would get a refund, or at least exchange this copy for the console version (you know, where the whole thing is available).

This is botched beyond repair, they really should compensate us in some way, offer refunds or credits. I'm glad I used a 3rd party site and got the game for $25 because that's exactly what I got, less than half a game for $60. It's irony at it's best.

I'm so glad I read this so I can avoid a headache. I also preordered for $27 but I haven't installed it yet as GTAV is just too awesome to put down atm. Thanks for the heads up.

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V
18. Re: Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V Apr 14, 2015, 11:38 JayDeath

Quinn wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 11:05:
Lord Tea wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 10:42:
According to some youtube videos VRAM usage quickly exceeds 4 Gb on higher settings...

Pfeh, that's MSAA of course. I swear, that setting... What does it do exactly? Generate the image twice or even 4 times or more? No shit 4Gb VRAM is quickly exceeded. I remember what the The Witcher 2 settings said about MSAA: "Only for uber computers or meant for nice screenshots" or something. Just turn that off, the game still looks amazing and runs smooth as butter.

What are you using for aa? FXAA? I might have to try this because I feel the game can run smoother too but I don't want to sacrifice graphics. Thanks for the tip!

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule
207. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 14, 2015, 09:25 JayDeath

It is absolutely worth the purchase. Forget what you remember about the GTA4 launch. The game is very polished. Kudos to RockStar.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Editor Video
5. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Editor Video Apr 14, 2015, 09:17 JayDeath

Wow, that's just awesome. You could get wrapped up in this game just making videos. I'm very impressed with RockStar and their efforts in releasing such a polished game.  

198. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 14, 2015, 08:39 JayDeath

Quinn wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 06:16:
DangerDog wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 06:06:
jacobvandy wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 05:06:
DangerDog wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 03:56:
I call shenanigans!

they removed this from the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53rdE8w8oLE

only 3rd person view from outside the car now.

Did they? I know you see strippers 100% topless when you get a private dance, including a loose minigame that mandates first-person. Odd that they'd take out first-person view for prostitutes, when they really don't show anything there. I will have to do some investigating myself...

I could have swore I was in 1st person view in the car and it switches to 3rd person when you do the dirty deed.

First person mode is a lie, you can't look down the scope on your assault rifle in first person mode. Game does look freak'n awesome though, really puts other engines to shame graphics wise.

Now that you mention it looking awesome, I remember reading the announcement of First Person mode: It's mainly imported for scenery purposes and not really intended as a way to play the game though it's still possible. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I agree with this. First person looks really pretty but I find myself switching the 3rd person more often. It feels a tad awkward in 1st person. Maybe I gotta play with the head bobbing or something. I tend to get a consistent 60fps in 3rd person and not so much in 1st.

156. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 13, 2015, 20:48 JayDeath

Krovven wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 20:45:
Loaded and in game now. I tried to load Online first and it said I had to complete the Prologue first

Omg, I didn't think I'd be playing tonight! I'm still waiting for this patch to come down though.

6. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 13, 2015, 09:39 JayDeath

I'm so excited. The launch will probably be a mess but I'm prepared for it.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Preloads
44. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Preloads Apr 8, 2015, 16:42 JayDeath

Krovven wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 15:43:
Creston wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 10:21:
60 Gig. Heh. Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and say that I'm never gonna download that...

I'd ponder getting the disc version, except it says DVD rom, which would mean it'd be on, what, 10 discs? So I think that's more a box where inside all they have is a download code...

Ha!

News Comments > Verdun This Month
1. Re: Verdun This Month Apr 8, 2015, 14:11 JayDeath

The game looks awesome but I have a no early access rule when buying games so I'm excited for this one.  

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Apr 8, 2015, 08:24 JayDeath

Oh wow. I had read 75 GB, not that 60 is much better. I had to clear a few games off my SSD too.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - The Witcher 3; Two Expansions Revealed
22. Re: Gone Gold - The Witcher 3; Two Expansions Revealed Apr 8, 2015, 08:20 JayDeath

Jerykk wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 23:26:
How can the game not be gold yet? It comes out in a month. If you want to release a game on consoles, it needs to go gold at least two months before launch.

Remember Gonegold.com? I miss that site.
I preordered but with Mortal Kombat and GTA released next week, I might be overwhelmed. Ha!

1. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 22, 2015, 13:23 JayDeath

Everyone should be playing Cities: Skylines. It's pretty fantastic even with the commercial zone bug although the mod fix seems to have corrected that problem for me. I have about 75,000 on 3 tiles so far and I can't stop building. I love this game!  

4. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 15, 2015, 14:55 JayDeath

Wallshadows wrote on Mar 15, 2015, 14:40:
Is it recommended even for someone who hasn't played a city builder since SimCity 3 and could never make sustainable cities beyond a handful of buildings?

Absolutely! This game seems much easier to get started unlike the SimCities. I'm having a blast building.

News Comments > Fighting Cities: Skylines Piracy with Customer Support
4. Re: Fighting Cities: Skylines Piracy with Customer Support Mar 14, 2015, 15:50 JayDeath

The price Paradox is asking for this game is more than fair. No one should be pirating this one.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Mar 11, 2015, 13:43 JayDeath

GMG has a pretty good deal right now. I've read that the transit system can take a little getting used to but that the game basically plays like the previous SimCities.  

567 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo