Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Doug

Real Name Doug   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mindstorm
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 15, 2006, 17:44
Total Comments 89 (Suspect)
User ID 24856

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
33. Re: Samsung Rant Sep 9, 2011, 18:03 Mindstorm

Old TVs never died either. Until the companies realized "Wait a minute. If we build such high quality products, then people only buy 2 TVs in their lifetime. How about we build them to fail after 5 years, so they buy 12?"

And since then, everything just dies after 3-5 years.

Creston

Yes and no...the older TVs were based on a cathode ray tube and all tvs pretty much worked the same way. Sure there was grill vs shadow mask displays, but the cathode ray tube really was the "man behind the curtains" and lasted 50+ years. Now it's like every year there is a new display technology: plasma, lcd, dlp, led, edge lit, full array, etc...It's hard to perfect a technology when you keep replacing it with new ones. I agree, they makes things cheaply so that people have to replace them every few years, but also because we demand cheap products over rugged, reliable ones. Freaking refrigerators are the same way...25+ yr old ones runs like a charm....the new ones that all but shake your orange juice for you, seem to only last 8 or so years

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 8, 2011, 14:32 Mindstorm

Unfortunately you may get a shot to play on the Big Blue's defense this year the way things are going.

Mindstorm

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 15, 2010, 11:32 Mindstorm

Do media editors actually not know that chimps are apes, or do they assume that their audience does not know...

I think it is safe to assume the latter. Just ask people what the difference is between monkeys and chimps. Ask them if they are both apes and see what they say.

3. Re: Classic PC Games That Should Get a Next-Gen Makeover Jan 14, 2010, 14:18 Mindstorm

Archon would be nice...and let's not forget Leisure Suit Larry  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 24, 2009, 19:24 Mindstorm

kxmode wrote on Dec 24, 2009, 18:17:
Everyone should celebrate Christmas by watching Christmas Vacation and Scrooged!

Excellent choices, especially given that my family has nixed making the viewing of Showgirls a family Christmas tradition.

4. Happy Holidays Dec 24, 2009, 15:47 Mindstorm

to Blue and the Bluesnews family  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2009, 11:03 Mindstorm

I hear you blue. I was at the Thanksgiving Day massacre in Denver and couldn't believe I was watching the Giants. Then they play like they did last night (yeah, it was the redskins). The g-men are just too inconsistent for me to get my hopes up for another great playoff run, but maybe they will surprise us all.  

News Comments > M.U.L.E. Revival Nears?
5. Re: M.U.L.E. Revival Nears? Dec 3, 2009, 16:56 Mindstorm

The real question is, will people not from that generation be interested in playing this?

Sure, make the Mountain Wampus look like Megan Fox

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2009, 12:10 Mindstorm

MrsBlue is home on vacation this week and that always throws off my schedule

Sounds like Blue is still unwrapping some birthday gifts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKG3ykRMGiI

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2009, 14:53 Mindstorm

Not sure about Directv DVRs, but Tivo HD upgrades/replacements are a snap. I'm sure you searched the internet to find out if it can be done and all the hardware/software required. One additional thing to note is if there are any particular harddrives that work better than others. In the Tivo case, some of the WD "green" harddrives would not work well (constant soft reboots). Not sure if this impacts the DTV DVRs or not.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2009, 16:35 Mindstorm

wow, 2 weeks. That wasn't 2 weeks of fever and the "main" infection. That was the weakness that followed I hope.  

4. Re: AT AT Nov 18, 2009, 11:50 Mindstorm

How's my driving?
1-800-DEATHSTAR

3. Re: '12 Sci-Fi shows canned to soon' Nov 16, 2009, 11:33 Mindstorm

Good point, it was a great show. I still use 'Frell' a lot.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 16, 2009, 11:20 Mindstorm

I was actually joking with my buddies that based on how bad the g-men have been playing, I wouldn't be surprised if they fell to 5-5 during their bye week. Funny how the NFC East was suppose to be this juggernaut division this year and no team in it has really lived up to their potential -- except maybe the redskins, everyone expected them to be bad. Glad to see they finally found a new qb in their punter yesterday

This comment was edited on Nov 16, 2009, 11:22.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 12, 2009, 12:21 Mindstorm

Does that make Blue's dogs....wait for it....ticked off?  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2009, 14:00 Mindstorm

While I'm not in favor of UHC (being a small business owner, I like my insurance as it is save the current 5% to 15% annual premium hikes), statements like
permitting the government to dictate treatment decisions
are pretty bogus without some context. Insurance companies do that now with restrictions such as only being eligible for $1000 worth of physical therapy a year, or only paying for certain drugs. Thank you for taking your time to put your [BETSY MCCAUGHEY?] spin on it.

This comment was edited on Nov 10, 2009, 14:00.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2009, 11:12 Mindstorm

Still waiting for the 1-800-DENTIST ad to appear on this site. Either that or ads from Dewalt, Ryobi, and Makita.  

17. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 4, 2009, 15:31 Mindstorm

we use the same old-fashioned voting booths I remember my parents using when I was a kid.

Stone tablets on a cave wall?

16. Re: Anyone watch the new V ? Nov 4, 2009, 15:29 Mindstorm

Yeah, and I have to say I was somewhat disappointed. The story felt very "rushed" and like most TV today, they pretty much hand held you through all the major drama and plot points as opposed to allowing your own mind to connect the dots (and there wasn't much drama to really speak of in the 1st episode). The have a good cast, but character development is very thin so far.

I'll still watch it and hope for the best.

This comment was edited on Nov 4, 2009, 15:30.

89 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo