Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Darren

Real Name Darren   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DaZ
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I am human, yes really.
Homepage http://daz.quaddicted.com
Signed On May 8, 2006, 22:33
Total Comments 27 (Suspect)
User ID 24806

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > GeForce GTX TITAN Announced
22. Re: GeForce GTX TITAN Announced Feb 19, 2013, 12:10 DaZ

Sounds good, but will it run Crysis?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Premium Details; Release Next Week?
39. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Details; Release Next Week? May 31, 2012, 10:24 DaZ

Rea1One wrote on May 30, 2012, 22:21:
I've already got Back To Karkand DLC but this is a pretty worthy deal.

$120 bucks worth of 5 x DLC for only $50 is good.

Yay, someone actually has sense and did the math! If you are into bf3 and were intending on getting all the dlc's then this a FANTASTIC deal, all the fluff on top is just icing on the cake.

People just see the EA name and automatically think they are going to get shafted, which honestly is the case most of the time. Here they are actually putting together a good package that saves you money.

News Comments > FilePlanet Heading Towards a Black Hole?
4. Re: FilePlanet Heading Towards a Black Hole? May 3, 2012, 09:51 DaZ

Farewell old friend.  

News Comments > Crysis 3 Announced
29. Re: Crysis 3 Announced Apr 16, 2012, 12:34 DaZ

Jackplug wrote on Apr 16, 2012, 12:00:
just more of the same linear sandbox bullshit from crytek, that will have amazing gfx but no gameplay.

linear sandbox bullshit from crytek

linear sandbox

¬_¬

News Comments > Tribes Ascend: Launches
42. Re: Tribes Ascend: Launches Apr 12, 2012, 18:58 DaZ

To everyone thinking that they won't play this because they think people that spent money will "PWNZ0R" them.

No, it doesn't work like that

This game is absolutely brilliant, I've been putting about 2-3 hours a week into it since about the beginning of March this year and I've unlocked 2 classes, a bunch of upgrades for said classes and a new weapon during my time.

The unlockable classes and weapons give you CHOICES, not POWER. There are a few essential upgrades you will need for your classes but these are extremely cheap and you will be able to afford them using the in-game xp (so no real money) after a couple of good rounds of play. Even then, things like the +50 health upgrade for most armours isn't really that big of a deal, when you consider that a good Spinfuser hit will do anything from 500-1000 damage depending on how good your aim is.

So, in closing:

1) Ignore morons that cry PAY2WIN LOLZ
2) It's free, so wth right?

I do agree about the update service though, that's stupid as hell

News Comments > Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn Dawns
12. Re: Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn Dawns Mar 22, 2012, 18:53 DaZ

I was excited for this, but the first mission involved flying towards a nav marker for 15 minutes without anything happening. I quit and haven't had another look yet.

What an awful way to introduce players to your game

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 at GDC
20. Re: Unreal Engine 4 at GDC Feb 28, 2012, 06:03 DaZ

I really hope this engine is mindblowing, because you know the next 10 years of games are going to be powered by it  

News Comments > Skyrim Creation Kit & "Surprise" Tuesday
6. Re: Skyrim Creation Kit & "Surprise" Tuesday Feb 3, 2012, 22:17 DaZ

The surprise is that the creation kit won't crash every 5 minutes  

News Comments > Origin Expanding
15. Re: Origin Expanding Jan 24, 2012, 11:03 DaZ

I really hope Origin becomes awesome and takes some of Steam's market share, for the simple reason that competition breeds innovation and we the consumers will only benefit from that.

Also more sales and seal, we can't lose really

News Comments > Battle.net Balance Coming
11. Re: Battle.net Balance Coming Dec 10, 2011, 11:06 DaZ

Wait...you can't pause single player Starcraft 2??

Oh please, of course you can. It just seems you cant send chat messages while it is paused.

Blizzard added a wallet to battlenet, OH NOES, now they are the supreme evil? Steam has had a wallet for a long time and they get a free pass?

I don't even see the problem here, if you don't like wallets, don't fucking use it, tools

News Comments > Steam Translations Value Estimate
18. Re: Steam Translations Value Estimate Sep 25, 2011, 16:45 DaZ

Woo a nerdbait article, I bet they paid for their server costs for the month just through hits from blues alone, nevermind elsewhere.

The story is obviously rubbish, why even post about it?

News Comments > RAGE Using Steamworks
20. Re: RAGE Using Steamworks Aug 13, 2011, 07:28 DaZ

Almost forgot, one of my favourite things about id games is how simple they are to install, move, uninstall etc, simple files in a folder. So if I'm running low of disk or need to move to a faster drive it takes just a few minutes to copy the files and change the shortcut. Simple.

Not sure what your smoking, but you can move your steam folder anywhere on your pc, run it and play your games with zero issues.

News Comments > On H+ in Deus Ex: Human Revolution
20. Re: On H+ in Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 12, 2011, 10:27 DaZ

Of all my years lurking on BN, this thread has got to be the most interesting I have ever read, and it stems from a videogame! The times they are a changing.

I think all its pretty inevitable really. If the technology exists then people will want it, and people will find ways to get it to them. The thought of a black market of cybernetic bodyparts is a pretty grim prospect to behold, buying a new limb with no guarantees and no refunds would be pretty scary.

That is assuming that world governments would ban H+ augmentation. If not then I could see it becoming a new rat race entirely. Someone above mentioned the "iLeg 2.0" and they are dead on the money. The great thing about the "v1.0" human body is that you can upgrade it for free just by working out a lot, whereas if you had prosthetic legs and a new version becomes available, your pretty much screwed. I think it would create a certain elite class of top society that can afford to keep their bodies up to date with the latest gadgets and cybernetics while the less wealthy underclasses cannot.

Kind of scary to think that job applications could start requiring "eyesight of at least a 4.0 standard" and suddenly only the rich or extremely lucky have access to the good jobs in society.

News Comments > RAGE "Basically Done"
19. Re: RAGE Aug 2, 2011, 18:17 DaZ

The level editor is built into the game executable as it was in doom 3. As for a full sdk for programmers I would imagine so, if you can make maps it makes no sense not to be able to code for it also.

Unless anyone knows different?

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution PC FOV Option
7. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution PC FOV Option Jul 30, 2011, 18:04 DaZ

PC Gamer gave it a 94%, saying it is amazing. So far things are looking up! <3  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 PvP Details Next Month
5. Re: Guild Wars 2 PvP Details Next Month Jul 29, 2011, 14:07 DaZ

Of all the mmo's on the horizon, GW2 is really the only one that promises any innovation whatsoever.

As a 5 year wow vet (cancelled sub just before firelands), its depressing to see every new mmo copy wow so blatantly. GW2 is the only one that has genuinely intrigued me, so i'm looking forward to it with quiet optimism =)

News Comments > Hi-Rez on F2P Tribes Ascend
5. Re: Hi-Rez on F2P Tribes Ascend Jul 10, 2011, 17:43 DaZ

No jumping.

Lol, are you sure? Source or gtfo!

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 & Color Blindness
2. Re: Modern Warfare 3 & Color Blindness Jul 8, 2011, 11:31 DaZ

Brink says "hi" =)  

News Comments > EVE Online Player Exodus?
2. Re: EVE Online Player Exodus? Jun 28, 2011, 11:29 DaZ

Internet boycotts, we all know that everyone on that list will stick to their guns, really we do! /sarcasm  

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Über Update Thursday, Free Play This Week
2. Re: Team Fortress 2 Über Update Thursday, Free Play This Week Jun 21, 2011, 12:12 DaZ

|oR|jonvall wrote on Jun 21, 2011, 12:08:
I want my freaking $50 back then!

I went to the cinema in 1999 to watch the matrix, but now I can buy it for next to nothing, I want me money back!

Doesn't really work does it...

Considering the orange box is probably one of the best value for money releases of the last 5-6 years, makes your statement make even less sense.

27 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo