Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Draugr

Real Name Draugr   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Draugr
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 5, 2006, 20:54
Total Comments 625 (Apprentice)
User ID 24786

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Art of Video Games Voting
1. Re: Art of Video Games Voting Feb 14, 2011, 21:05 Draugr

Yay, for recognition of the medium!

hopefully with this voting, people keep in mind what they are voting for, and don't look at it as a "vote for what you liked" situation.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Crytek on the Crysis 2 Leak and PC Gaming
61. Re: Crytek on the Crysis 2 Leak and PC Gaming Feb 14, 2011, 20:55 Draugr

Beamer wrote on Feb 14, 2011, 20:37:
Wait?

Icewind is getting compliments and people are acting like they've never heard the special olympics comparison?

Yeah I was shocked to see people reacting to this like it isn't 'old'
It's possible though, heh.

I just assumed it got so old there are people who've never seen it.
God I'm old.

51. Re: Crytek on the Crysis 2 Leak and PC Gaming Feb 14, 2011, 20:02 Draugr

Icewind wrote on Feb 14, 2011, 19:58:
Remember when Blues was full of PC gamers? Now it's full of wannabes, washed-ups, and "I'm-married-so-I-only-play-casual-crap" gamers.

PC > Console

/end

I'd say there is some truth to this, though it certainly is a generalization, heh.

34. Re: Crytek on the Crysis 2 Leak and PC Gaming Feb 14, 2011, 19:32 Draugr

Prez wrote on Feb 14, 2011, 19:27:
consoles are evolving faster than PCs.

Undoubtedly. But to my mind that is because they are so far behind where PC 's have been for years, at least from a game design standpoint. Console games are more complex than they have ever been, and yet as a PC gamer, to me, the games up until only very recently have been seeming simplistic as compared to what PC games were doing 10 years ago and more.

I have had to lower my standards farther than I ever thought I would to continue to enjoy gaming in a console-port majority gaming climate. Only recently with games like Dragon Age and Fallout New Vegas am I seeing games that are beginning to match what PC gamers have been used to for years. Consoles are only now starting to catch up. And it's about damn time I say.

+1

Too bad the Dragon Age 2 had to take a step back in this regard.

News Comments > Bulletstorm Bulletpoints Trailer
8. Re: Bulletstorm Bulletpoints Trailer Feb 14, 2011, 19:30 Draugr

Overon wrote on Feb 14, 2011, 18:26:
Did cliffy b ever grow up?

all you need to do is look at his games to get an answer.

News Comments > Gabe Newell Profile
17. Re: Gabe Newell Profile Feb 14, 2011, 16:19 Draugr

Beamer wrote on Feb 13, 2011, 17:24:
HOW CAN STEAM BE PROFITABLE WHEN PIRACY IS AROUND?!

Ug, really?

Not really, no.

Sneaky sarc tag ftw!

I thought it'd be obvious otherwise I would've made it more overt.

News Comments > No PC Transformers Sequel
11. Re: No PC Transformers Sequel Feb 14, 2011, 16:16 Draugr

Optimaximal wrote on Feb 14, 2011, 12:21:
This is no proof at all - many games have had press releases that don't mention the PC SKU unless they have Games for Windows branding (as that's an easily marketable brand)... Since this is an Activision release, it won't have GFW branding

Also, losing this game is bad, because it's by High Moon, who actually did a fairly respectable job with War for Cybertron. If we don't get WfC 2, there goes my TF outlet

How is having frames capped at 30fps with no customizable buttons a respectable job? Don't even get me started on their multiplayer. It isn't coming because it was a terrible port and it got treated accordingly, is my guess. I enjoyed the game, but only after 3rd party software let me remove the FPS limit and customized my buttons.
It's really too bad, as just like was done with batman, they made sure it wasn't tied into the movies or anything like that, and made sure it was just a game for the franchise, not some shit movie tie in.

News Comments > Gabe Newell Profile
5. Re: Gabe Newell Profile Feb 13, 2011, 16:06 Draugr

HOW CAN STEAM BE PROFITABLE WHEN PIRACY IS AROUND?!

/sarcasm

News Comments > Crysis 2 Crisis: Game and Key Leaked?
20. Re: Crysis 2 Crisis: Game and Key Leaked? Feb 12, 2011, 00:26 Draugr

elefunk wrote on Feb 12, 2011, 00:01:
Rattlehead wrote on Feb 11, 2011, 23:43:
Ouch, this is the nail in the coffin for Crytek making PC games. I am 99% certain there will be no more Crytek games on PC after this. This is a huge, huge blow to PC gamers, publishers and developers. Publishers are going to look at this story and yet have more reasons to not develop for PC. Good job pirates, you really are working on killing the PC platform.

Yes, it's leaked, it's not a marketing ploy or any other stupid conspiracy theory you can think of. Here is an official response from Crytek:
Crytek has been alerted that an early, unfinished build of Crysis 2 has appeared on Torrent sites. Crytek and EA are deeply disappointed by the news. We encourage fans to support the game and the development team by waiting and playing the final, polished game on March 22.

Crysis 2 is still in development, and the team is hard at work on it and Crysis 2 promises to be the ultimate action blockbuster as the Nanosuit lets you be the weapon as you defend NYC from an alien invasion.

Piracy continues to damage the PC development community.

And people say piracy isn't a real threat...Can't wait to see the excuses pirates make for this one.
http://www.mycrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=7261

You realize that Crysis sold 3 million copies, and Warhead sold 1.5 million copies, right?

Crysis had just as many problems with leaks, and while they're obviously going multiplatform with this one, they're not just going to ignore millions of copies sold because some pirates already got it. They'll bitch in public and cry about piracy like crazy, but they still won't give up 3+ million potential copies sold no matter what.

How can this be? How can they sell copies of a game if there is already a torrent on a site? everyone knows that once a torrent is posted every PC gamer is aware, is a pirate, and makes sure to not purchase that game, right? right?
Just look at SC2, it was a PC exclusive and the torrent was available around the same time as release -- and they didn't sell any copies, those suckers! See how piracy has ruined blizzard?

The biggest mistake people make is assuming that piracy is equal to a lost sale. In some cases it is, but there are also cases where that person wouldn't buy the game regardless of price or gameplay.

News Comments > Black Swan Composer Scoring Mass Effect 3
19. Re: Black Swan Composer Scoring Mass Effect 3 Feb 11, 2011, 18:41 Draugr

DG wrote on Feb 11, 2011, 15:28:
Moon was awesome and the music hit it perfectly.

BTW if you haven't seen Moon, please do, but avoid the trailers. While the main draw of the film is watching it unfold, the trailers give pretty much the entire story away and even draw you to moments that are relatively subtly done in the film.

This.

13. Re: Black Swan Composer Scoring Mass Effect 3 Feb 11, 2011, 14:38 Draugr

swaaye wrote on Feb 11, 2011, 14:20:
It must be a publicity move because I thought Jack Wall did a fantastic job with the series so far.

Perhaps its also possible he just wasn't going to sign on to ME3 as well.
http://www.jackwall.net/html/notepad.php?pad=4
this post could possible indicate as much.
In both large DLCs they released so far, Overlord and Lair of the Shadow Broker, he didn't do the music so it seems like Bioware has known about this change for a long time, and perhaps based on that post, perhaps they knew before ME2 was even out the door.

11. Re: Black Swan Composer Scoring Mass Effect 3 Feb 11, 2011, 14:30 Draugr

InBlack wrote on Feb 11, 2011, 10:35:
What the fuck? Ive seen the movie and its score is 99% Tchaikovski. So Ill say again. What the fuck??? This guy Clint Mansell did a fine con-job AFAIC with Bioware which is not so bad in my book....

BTW the movie is waaaaay over-rated. Portman did a good job, but she has like 5 lines in the entire movie so I dont really get why everyone and their grandmother praises it like there is no tomorrow...

Black swan wasn't his first job, he's done quite a few amazing soundtracks, like The Fountain, Moon, Requiem for a Dream, The Wrestler -- probably his recognized and most famous and overused piece is from requiem, I'm sure you've heard it -- the list goes on. Granted, this is his first game, and hes doing the final part of a trilogy, which to me strikes as hard work. You'd need to make music that fits with the trilogy and keeps the score "coherent" over the trilogy, it's certainly harder than just getting a new project to work with.
He's quite accomplished.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmijKjosplM&feature=related
His most used piece, I'd be surpised if you didn't recognize this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lAfMT5FIZE
a piece from the Moon soundtrack, one of my favorites from him. this one kinda gets me excited to see what he does for ME3.

News Comments > Bulletstorm Censored in Germany
21. Re: Bulletstorm Censored in Germany Feb 9, 2011, 22:34 Draugr

Sepharo wrote on Feb 9, 2011, 22:21:
Draugr wrote on Feb 9, 2011, 22:11:
Also, as far as I know God of war 3 had like one sex scene, the witcher has like a million, all with different women.

As far as I can remember there were no sex scenes in The Witcher. Just sex cards, that showed drawn pictures of the women with occasionally exposed breasts (technically speaking, boobage). And without looking it up I'd say there were probably 15 or so.

Obviously a million was hyperbole. I was thinking more like 20, but the point is there are quite a few, and I would say they are considered sex scenes because of the little cinematic (as the card is displayed) and dialogue and scenes beforehand. Im not saying its as graphic as God of war, but it is a sex scene, about as much as mass effect 1 has a sex scene.

I've provided these links to kind of show you what I mean. once again im not saying it's as graphic, but when a game gets an M rating, and it says 'sexual content' it's because of these, heh.
I'm sure you'll enjoy them as much as I did Bored

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QcAWkpnItQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UciUwGR4qh4

This comment was edited on Feb 9, 2011, 22:41.

19. Re: Bulletstorm Censored in Germany Feb 9, 2011, 22:11 Draugr

Sepharo wrote on Feb 9, 2011, 21:48:
The Witcher really didn't need to be censored.

I mean hell look at God of War 3: http://www.viddler.com/explore/justpushstart/videos/34/

As to why The Witcher did, I'm guessing they wanted to either avoid issues or they were hoping for a more relaxed rating.
I don't mean to imply they had to make the changes, but they may have made said changes in anticipation.
Also, as far as I know God of war 3 had like one sex scene, the witcher has like a million, all with different women.

My point was merely to illustrate that we have the similar issues when it comes to our media, just on a different part of the spectrum, and I think it still stands.

While I can't think of any games that were considered 'too much' to be released in the US, there are plenty of films that have been censored by the MPAA for reasons like this.
Shit, Robocop was rated nc-17 due to violence the first couple of passes through the MPAA system before they got it down to R.

When I say 'we' I'm referring to The United States, not me and the mouse in my pocket

edit - I guess manhunt 2 would be a good example of a game getting censored... Now, granted with things like my robocop example and with manhunt 2, they aren't told no, or strictly to change, but what happens is they are assigned a rating which basically means they won't be carried in most stores. It might not be 'hard' censorship, but to an extent it still gets the job done.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 9, 2011, 17:30 Draugr

Beamer wrote on Feb 9, 2011, 17:20:
its not like epic couldn't knock this out themselves without breaking a sweat.

With GoW3 due out in 7 or so months I'm thinking they're all hands on deck there.

Like you said, its out in 7 months, This was rumored to be revealed during the Spike VGA's but then got pulled for reasons unknown. Its quite possible that they have had people working on this for a while, this isn't something that they are just starting work on, if this line of rumors is to be followed. I just see no reason to assume someone has handed their work off to someone else until they've said as much, heh.

Like most devs, they probably have a couple teams of varied size doing different things.

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 9, 2011, 17:12 Draugr

Beamer wrote on Feb 9, 2011, 16:49:
We can always count on Epic taking risks and bringing us fresh ideas and games, amirite!?

I wouldn't expect Epic to be making this, and if they are it's a very small team.

More likely the conversation went like this:
Microsoft: Hey, GoW is one of our biggest franchises, UE3 already incorporates Kinect, why not combine them?
Epic: It makes no sense.
Microsoft: None?
Epic: Well, I mean, you could do an on-rails shooter like Time Crisis, but...
Microsoft: Sold!

It's an easy way to make a high seller. Sony is doing the same thing with Killzone.
But I'd guess Epic isn't doing it, and I'd guess it won't star Marcus Fenix.

I figured it went something like:

MS: Hey, you guys should make a shooter so we can show people how 'awesome' the game is at playing 'hardcore' games, and how the kinect isn't just for all those games you've already played on the wii
Epic: Hey lets use all of our GoW assets so we can make this for nothing and all the GoW fans will eat it up.
MS: Whatever, just as long as it says gears of war.

Also, I'm going to assume Epic is doing it until they say it is in fact being handed off, because I see no reason to behave otherwise.
Im not saying they couldn't hand it off, but I see no reason to think they will until they say as much, especially given that GoW is Epic's bread and butter at the moment, or so it appears. They might want epic to stay on it themselves to help legitimize the product, for example, and its not like epic couldn't knock this out themselves without breaking a sweat.

Guess we'll just have to see what shakes out, if anything, as it still looks like nothing is solid in regards to this.

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 9, 2011, 16:34 Draugr

We can always count on Epic taking risks and bringing us fresh ideas and games, amirite!?

Dear Cliff,

Leave you comfort zone for once in your life, and try something new.

Signed,
The gaming community (Because I'm the boss of it.)

12. Re: Bulletstorm Censored in Germany Feb 9, 2011, 16:19 Draugr

Fion wrote on Feb 9, 2011, 12:18:
Poor Germans, your government thinks your all children.

Its been my observation that Violence in European countries is treated like Sex/Nudity is here in the US,
They shy away from violent imagery
We shy away from boobies
Even in games, 'The Witcher' -- US vs. European release, for example.
In that situation we were the ones who got the censored game for equally silly reasons.

That being said, I can hardly feel bad for the ten 13 year olds in Germany who are feeling like they've missed out, this isn't like an amazing game that is getting the shaft.
I guess there will be adults who are basically 13 year olds that will feel left out too.

News Comments > Disabled Gamer Petition
42. Re: Disabled Gamer Petition Feb 8, 2011, 17:47 Draugr

nin wrote on Feb 8, 2011, 15:04:
/inverted Y fo life.

Yep.

Heretics!

News Comments > Disabled Gamer Petition
19. Re: Disabled Gamer Petition Feb 7, 2011, 23:15 Draugr

While it isn't the single goal of the petition, Visceral games has said it's patching the game to have mappable keys.

This comment was edited on Feb 8, 2011, 00:19.

625 Comments. 32 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo