Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Draugr

Real Name Draugr   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Draugr
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 5, 2006, 20:54
Total Comments 626 (Apprentice)
User ID 24786

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
37. Re: Op Ed Mar 22, 2011, 18:10 Draugr

I'm looking forward to this guy's new article 5 years from now informing us how the newest wave of consoles will be the death of PC gaming.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dragon Age II SecuROM Follow-up
17. Re: Dragon Age II SecuROM Follow-up Mar 20, 2011, 17:38 Draugr

ASeven wrote on Mar 20, 2011, 17:22:
No, I just have an issue with fucking retards who don't fight for their own rights and become useful idiots to faceless corporations, enabling them to walk over everyone's consumer rights more and more.

Then again, you guys prove that gamers are indeed the most stupid of consumer groups who will never end up being teenagers despite how old they are. And that will actually affect those of us who do give a damn for our own consumer rights and have been fighting for them in the real world.

Then again, we have a saying here that goes If you feel the need to reply to a detail in an argument then that argument struck you home.

Or maybe they just think you present yourself like a total moron, so your argument is drowned out because of how much you sound like a simpleton that doesn't know how to make coherent arguments beyond, "COCKSUCKERS!"

News Comments > Dragon Age II SecuROM Follow-up
16. Re: Dragon Age II SecuROM Follow-up Mar 20, 2011, 17:36 Draugr

ASeven wrote on Mar 20, 2011, 16:58:
It is amazing how many people here love EA's semen taste.

Hey fuckheads, part of the settlement of the Spore DRM lawsuits, which EA lost, was that any part of SecuROM must be mentioned on the EULA regardless of how small that part is.

If someone files charges against EA they will lose, period. Nerd dick suckers can say all they like about RYG being bad and EA being awesome and how their dick tastes awesome, in the end legal law supplants the wet dreams of some EA fanboys. If this goes to court they will automatically lose since this is a violation of a court order.

Gotta love EA dick suckers and their mindless retarded ability to roll over and give up their rights.

Haha, sounds like you have some issues you need to work out, your obsession with fellatio is... interesting, to say the least.

News Comments > Japan Aid
11. Re: Japan Aid Mar 19, 2011, 17:58 Draugr

Zavy wrote on Mar 19, 2011, 15:25:
It's not like Japan is a third world country.. they can take care of themselves just like we did with katrina.. afaik all if not most of katrina donations were from fellow americans.

"According to the European Commission, one week after the disaster, on September 4, 2005, the United States officially asked the European Union for emergency help, asking for blankets, emergency medical kits, water and 500,000 food rations for victims. Help proposed by EU member states was coordinated through their crisis center. The British presidency of the EU functioned as contact with the USA."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_response_to_Hurricane_Katrina

Let's also not forget the scale of devastation compared to Katrina, which is far larger. Point is, everyone needs help in situations like this.

Either way, tasteless move by this company.

News Comments > DarkSpore Delayed Until Next Month
10. Re: wrong Mar 19, 2011, 01:40 Draugr

space captain wrote on Mar 19, 2011, 01:20:
Draugr wrote on Mar 18, 2011, 20:20:
A 5% chance? You're more optimistic than I am.

if his "to hit the armor class 0" is 18 or higher, an AC -3 would require a roll of 21, which is impossible on a 20 sided die

Right, but in D&D a 20 is a success regardless if the roll needs over 20 to be achieved. Though, it's been forever since I've read the second edition manuals (how surprising) so this might only apply to later editions of the game.

This conversation has become so nerdy :), it warms my heart.

News Comments > DarkSpore Delayed Until Next Month
8. Re: DarkSpore Delayed Until Next Month Mar 18, 2011, 20:20 Draugr

A 5% chance? You're more optimistic than I am.  

News Comments > Op Ed
27. Re: Op Ed Mar 18, 2011, 16:57 Draugr

adamj wrote on Mar 18, 2011, 12:55:
The top 2% does not control 90% of the wealth. And even if it did, what do you propose we do about it? I hate the idea of government saying, you have too much wealth, let's take it and give it to others. That opens up a bag of potential massive corruption.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wealth_in_the_United_States#Wealth_Inequality_and_Class

"In 2004, the wealthiest 25% of US households owned 87% ($43.6 trillion) of the country’s wealth, while the bottom quartile held no net wealth at all."

Many times it is the fault of the poor that they have no net wealth at all. I'm not saying I won't personally help them by donating time and money ( I do), nor do I say that all of them are to blame for their situation. But dropping out of school, getting pregnant in high school with some random guy, doing drugs, etc will lead to poverty. While doing well in school, and working hard can lead to becoming wealthy. Duh. But who the hell are you or who the hell am I to say when somebody is too wealthy and that his wealth should be confiscated. As long as he earns it ethically, that is.

Man, that last joke you told was comedy gold.

"I hate the idea of government saying, you have too much wealth, let's take it and give it to others. That opens up a bag of potential massive corruption."

But it's massive tax breaks (which had to be covered by other people's taxes, since that income needs to be made up elsewhere, poor people get to pay for their tax breaks) that allowed a lot of that wealth to be generated. It's funny whenever someone even hints at turning the tables in this regard it is perceived by some as some huge injustice. Apparently only rich people can ask for 'handouts' by the government without being seen as a 'welfare queen.'

News Comments > Violent Game Restriction Debate
17. Re: Violent Game Restriction Debate Mar 16, 2011, 16:16 Draugr

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Mar 16, 2011, 13:01:
Well, a quick google search shows again that violence is on the rise in America and Worldwide. I don't recall posting over the past 30 years.
If it's been going down over the past thirty years, then it certainly can't be said to be "on the rise". Post some fucking links to these "facts" you keep spewing or GTFO. You're not contributing anything worthwhile here.

Clearly you don't know how debate works in america, facts just get in the way!

News Comments > Crysis 2 "Be Fast" Trailer
3. Re: Crysis 2 Mar 12, 2011, 15:25 Draugr

Anonymous wrote on Mar 12, 2011, 11:05:
The new nanosuit sucks ass. How dare they make a video titled "be fast" when the entire fast feature of the original has been slowed down severely.

New nano-suit is so gimped, it's amazing they call it the 2.0

News Comments > Quote of the Day
3. Re: Quote of the Day Mar 12, 2011, 15:08 Draugr

Prez wrote on Mar 12, 2011, 01:55:
Publishers still have a role and will for the foreseeable future, but it has definitely diminished with the explosion of digital distribution, and I for one find it a welcome and long overdue development.

Well said.

News Comments > Dragon Age II Launch Trailer
35. Re: Dragon Age 2 Launch Trailer Mar 10, 2011, 22:42 Draugr

Dirwulf wrote on Mar 10, 2011, 21:01:
mt2e wrote on Mar 10, 2011, 20:36:
This is ridiculous. Dirwulf is a straight up clown like his icon. I had to read his past comments just to make sure the guy wasn't a BioWare plant....

This coming from a guy who's entire post history is this ONE post knocking DA 2. Yeah that's right, I called you out, troll.

So, Mr Mark Tackman, you created this account just to bash me and this game? What a loser...

Nice Myspace page lol...

http://www.myspace.com/mt2e

Wow, personal attacks, you're a real classy guy, that's totally an appropriate reaction for someone disagreeing with you.
Linking to his website doesn't support your argument, but it sure does make you look like a petty jackass!

14. Re: Dragon Age 2 Launch Trailer Mar 10, 2011, 18:12 Draugr

Pete wrote on Mar 10, 2011, 17:35:
The thing that irks me the most is that there are like 2 dungeons only. With only parts of them closed off which you will go back to over and over again.

The recycled assets is certainly the BIGGEST black mark on the game.

That's not to say that all games don't do this to one extent or another, but compared to DA:O it really sticks out.

6. Re: Dragon Age 2 Launch Trailer Mar 10, 2011, 15:19 Draugr

It certainly is playable and enjoyable, but I don't think it will be nearly as remarkable as the first, in the long run. I find the flashier/simpler combat and and art style to be lamentable though, among other things but I don't need to write a review and no one would want to read it if I did :P.

I don't really think they are going to make console players change their tune, which was the goal of these changes. Referring back to metacritic, it seems like even the ps3 and xbox version are getting lousy user scores, as well. I guess they could all be embittered PC users trying to tank the user score for Xbox and 360 as well, and im sure there might be a few, but it seems far fetched to think that'd be the majority of cases.
Ultimately we'll need to wait and see how the score settles in the coming weeks/months.

I think it's perfectly acceptable for people who enjoyed ME2 to be disappointed with DA2, why should people who play DA be excited for their game switching to a more action heavy/less tactical style when the first wasn't geared that way? We can't really say the same about ME/ME2 which were very action heavy from the get-go.

This comment was edited on Mar 10, 2011, 15:32.

News Comments > Quote of the Day
3. Re: Quote of the Day Mar 8, 2011, 20:08 Draugr

Poh-tay-toh, Poh-tah-toh!
Certainly won't argue about it's origins though, I look at it in the same vein as a portmanteau or a loanword. It has definitive origins but that doesn't mean it retains all the traits, especially when it comes to pronunciation.

News Comments > Serious Sam 3 Screenshots, Details
20. Re: Serious Sam 3 Screenshots, Details Feb 28, 2011, 16:51 Draugr

nin wrote on Feb 28, 2011, 16:23:
Bucky wrote on Feb 28, 2011, 16:13:
16 player co-op! Am I reading that right?

Where do I pre-order?

Yeah, I double take'd that one too...they must be planning to render a TON of baddies on screen at once...

This has been something that you've been able to do in Serious Sam games, at least I KNOW it was a feature in the first one, because we co-op'd the campaign with like 10 people. It was pretty awesome.

Croteam knows how to do a ludicrous shooter right.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: DOOM on a graphing calculator Feb 21, 2011, 01:16 Draugr

George likes his chicken spicy.  

News Comments > Why There's No Bulletstorm Co-op
9. Re: Why There's No Bulletstorm Co-op Feb 20, 2011, 16:50 Draugr

Donkey_Punch wrote on Feb 20, 2011, 14:47
uote: "and it actually worked"

He sounds surprised. So are we.

What he is really saying is that we designed the coop so badly we had to remove it because it sucked. [/quote:

I read it as, "You'll realize how short this game is if we tossed co-op in the campaign mode."

News Comments > Post-Release Bulletstorm PC Demo Planned
40. Re: Post-Release Bulletstorm PC Demo Planned Feb 20, 2011, 16:27 Draugr

spindoctor wrote on Feb 20, 2011, 06:50:
You'd be surprised at how many pirated games have thriving multiplayer communities because of the existence of software like Hamachi and Garena

However, losing access to Xbox live doesn't only restrict you from playing multiplayer games. It affects your entire online experience. You can't stream videos, you can't chat with friends, you can't download game updates/patches/DLC/demos and you basically cannot do anything online with the 360.

On PC, the only thing you (might) lose is multiplayer functionality. Your computer can still go online and do everything else.

The equivalent risk on the PC would be that your internet completely stopped working and you would have to buy a new PC just to go back online. That's not quite the same as just losing out on multiplayer functionality is it?

your point regarding other live functionality is a moot, as i pointed out that they can't detect if you have a cracked Xbox unless you're dumb enough to access live with a poorly cracked game in your drive, so just like PC, it's mostly an issue of MP. Even operating under this assumption though, almost everything you dicussed beyond Demos would be a matter of convenience, as most people have a computer as well, so they don't need to have access to live to access videos, chat with friends, etc. Also their pirates, so their Demos are full titles.

I'm not saying MP can't be overloooked in regards to DRM measures, but it really isn't nowadays. what Im saying is more and more people use authentication services to make sure people aren't playing MP with a cracked version. Steam, etc all excel in this,with much success. This, combined with most gamers having access to broadband is part of the reason you see LAN play less and less these days.

29. Re: Post-Release Bulletstorm PC Demo Planned Feb 20, 2011, 06:12 Draugr

spindoctor wrote on Feb 20, 2011, 05:57:
Draugr wrote on Feb 20, 2011, 05:31:
I have to disagree with you in regards to console piracy... in terms of difficulty the mileage varies, it can be as easy as hooking your 360 DVD drive from your xbox to your PC and installing the appropriate firmware, from there it's just burning the disc and popping it in. Only the latest 360 models are a 'hassle'. PS3 is even easier, and involves a USB stick and that's it. You can just load those right from the HDD, so in that regard it'd be just as easy as PC.

There's another aspect to it too. Modding your console can risk it getting banned from Xbox Live if it gets detected. I think that most 360 users would agree that online connectivity is an important part of the experience which would be significantly hampered by it's absence.

No such risk exists on the PC platform.

Both Good points, but I think I should point out that just because you pirate a game on PC doesn't mean you will have access to online multiplayer, or even lan. In most cases games use a service to connect during MP such as game for windows, steam, etc. a crack won't necessarily grant you access to these, and I can't really think of a case where it has. The only exception in recent memory is the Crysis 2 leak.
I haven't checked it out but as I understand it it had the ability to access multiplayer without issue. This is part of the reason things like game for windows Live, Battle.net and Steam all exist. with services like this in place, even if it is cracked, you won't be able to access it's online functions, so in this regard the Xbox and PC share the same 'problems' with online functionality. In some cases with games for windows live it doesn't even need to be an illegitimate game to have online/connectivity issues.

Id say there are plenty of people who aren't really interested in Multiplayer. There are plenty of games with little to no MP. let's move on though.
As I understand it, the ban concerns are mainly due to games that aren't cracked correctly. This doesn't prevent them from releasing updates to combat that, though. You'd also be able to connect unnoticed provided you don't have a pirated game in your drive. This is as I understand it, as this is how it's been explained to me, and I don't have a cracked 360 of my own to attest to.
So with Xbox it won't let you play online lest you risk banning, with PC games you can't play online because you literally cannot connect to the authentication servers involved for gameplay. (for example)

27. Re: Post-Release Bulletstorm PC Demo Planned Feb 20, 2011, 05:31 Draugr

StingingVelvet wrote on Feb 20, 2011, 04:58:
Xbox piracy requires much more know-how and preparation. PC piracy requires you to download a file and run the exe. Massive difference.

I have to disagree with you in regards to console piracy... in terms of difficulty the mileage varies, it can be as easy as hooking your 360 DVD drive from your xbox to your PC and installing the appropriate firmware, from there it's just burning the disc and popping it in. Only the latest 360 models are a 'hassle'. PS3 is even easier, and involves a USB stick and that's it. You can just load those right from the HDD, so in that regard it'd be just as easy as PC.

You're first assertion though, I definitely agree with, the difference lies in the overall units sold, though sometimes Dev's DO cry wolf about piracy when sales aren't meeting expectations, even though it just might not be as well received as they hoped.

Crysis I think is a good example, it did well, but not as well as they liked, so they blamed piracy. While piracy certainly played a part to one degree or another, time passed and it went on to selling several million units and being one of best-selling PC games. While this is supposition, I think this is in large part due to people being scared off due to system requirements, (even though they may or may not have been justified in doing so.)

edit - I'm kinda drunk, and while I previewed my post, I might have missed something or said something retarded,(moreso than normal, of course ;)) so I apologize in advance

626 Comments. 32 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo