Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Draugr

Real Name Draugr   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Draugr
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 5, 2006, 20:54
Total Comments 623 (Apprentice)
User ID 24786

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Apr 14, 2011, 05:35 Draugr

I have, but apparently everyone but epic insists People Can Fly were the people behind it so I don't know how to take it, though it certainly had epics influence.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: etc., etc. Apr 13, 2011, 22:14 Draugr

mag wrote on Apr 13, 2011, 21:56:
Draugr wrote on Apr 13, 2011, 21:15:
I've always been a bungie fan but never a halo fan.

It isn't surprising that they find them in the position though. I would say there were lots of Bungie fans before they hopped over to the 360, but not many Bungie fans followed them over and all the people they grabbed afterwards know them only for halo.

It'll be interesting to see the Halo fans reaction to their new title, especially if its not a shooter, which I'm hoping is the case.

It's been fifty years since Bungie's done anything that wasn't Halo! That's like being an Epic fan but not liking Unreal or GoW.

Sure, its been 10 years since they've done anything but halo however just because I'm not halo fan doesn't mean I cant recognize it as a good shooter (for console,) I can still appreciate the company. Though, the next title they release will certainly determine if I remain a Bungie fan or not, still. It's been 10 years since diablo came out, can I still be a fan of the series even though they released things in between?

Coincidentally I'm also interested to see what epic does next that doesn't have anything to do with GoW, as the unreal franchise has been something I've enjoyed (though its had its low points.) But I guess I can't be a fan of epic since GoW was the latest IP they worked on and I didn't like it. It's only been four years though, maybe I'm still within the statute of limitations!

It certainly helps prove the point though, its been so long since they've done anything but Halo they don't really have the recognition I believe they got to enjoy back in the day.

This comment was edited on Apr 13, 2011, 22:26.

1. Re: etc., etc. Apr 13, 2011, 21:15 Draugr

I've always been a bungie fan but never a halo fan.

It isn't surprising that they find them in the position though. I would say there were lots of Bungie fans before they hopped over to the 360, but not many Bungie fans followed them over and all the people they grabbed afterwards know them only for halo.

It'll be interesting to see the Halo fans reaction to their new title, especially if its not a shooter, which I'm hoping is the case.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 7, 2011, 16:49 Draugr

Philly rules!

/chucks snowball

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Specs
30. Re: The Witcher 2 Specs Apr 6, 2011, 15:43 Draugr

Meh, I stand by what I said, the gameplay still looks roughly the same.

I wouldn't say radial menus are indicative of consolitis, though they certainly are popular on consoles

Crysis 1 - radial menu for weapon and suit powers - clearly this game was designed with consoles in mind.

Neverwinter Nights 1/2 - Another title ruined by consolitis thanks to its radial menus.

Just like in these games it possible you won't need to reference the radial menus with proper configuartion. These are examples off the top of my head, no doubt we could find more.

While they combat system has changed up since the alpha video I showed (unsurprisingly) it doesn't appear to have changed much, they may have added another click (not just left click anymore) but, I think thats because they are trying to refine the lackluster gameplay of the first game. I can't seem to see anything beyond a loot screen so I really couldn't comment on the inventory, but once again saying that a list based inventory is only the realm of console games would be innacurrate, you may prefer something else, but that doesn't mean its consoles fault.

Based off what I've seen, I'm not terribly concerned, but I've been wrong in the past (obviously) so we'll see

22. Re: The Witcher 2 Specs Apr 5, 2011, 17:50 Draugr

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 5, 2011, 17:34:
Well then they just added x360 support for giggles?

Well I stand by my opinion though - a game can not support x360 controller without affecting how it plays on mouse/kb.

Yes, IGN is wrong. like most 'news' outlets they get things wrong from time to time, or don't update accordingly. The point is, is CDProjekt doesn't talk about those versions any more because they aren't slated for release until they say otherwise.

Just because a game has gamepad support it doesn't mean its doomed to have consolitis, especially with this coming from CDProjekt, I'm far from concerned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aI6IbuUa-Y

As we can see from this gameplay footage, it appears we should have the same level of concern that we had with the first game, also a PC exclusive. little has changed in this regard.

note: voice acting isn't the real game voice acting, just done for the presentation.

20. Re: The Witcher 2 Specs Apr 5, 2011, 16:40 Draugr

Halo wrote on Apr 5, 2011, 14:06:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 5, 2011, 12:59:
I said they announced a PS3 and x360 will come, not that they ported the pc version from that

As for source

http://witchervault.ign.com/fullstory.php?id=57121

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-10-20-cdp-console-witcher-2-may-not-happen

just saying.

Yeah last time I heard anything about the console versions they were put on hold 'indefinitely.'

News Comments > Avalanche on Piracy, DRM, and Ports
6. Re: Avalanche on Piracy, DRM, and Ports Mar 26, 2011, 16:15 Draugr

Then a black van showed up, some guys got out, and threw Sundberg in the back and drove away with it's lights off.  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Scales Down Maps for Consoles
15. Re: Battlefield 3 Scales Down Maps for Consoles Mar 24, 2011, 23:43 Draugr

eunichron wrote on Mar 24, 2011, 22:58:
Suddenly_Dead wrote on Mar 24, 2011, 22:23:
Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 24, 2011, 22:11:
The Xbox sucked in the RAM department though. Consoles always skimp on the RAM, it's ridiculous.

That's because you don't need much RAM when all you're running is a barebones OS and a video game. PCs are doing a billion things behind the scenes while you're gaming, consoles are only doing one thing.

What you said is true, but they are/were still skimpy in the ram dept.

News Comments > Op Ed
37. Re: Op Ed Mar 24, 2011, 22:40 Draugr

Jdrez wrote on Mar 24, 2011, 17:39:
Whiny article. He sounds like me when I was freaking sixteen. I'm thirty-one now and this stuff is boring.

Of course they didn't make the sequel the PC-hardcore-nerd paradise the first one was. They lost their ass on the first Crysis.

There is no money in PC games any more other than MMO's / The Sims. There never will be a return investment in AAA titles for PC again. Hence, all AAA games will be console ports from now on.

Why can't people get this through their heads and stop whanging about a return to 1998 that will never happen.

Cripes. Forget games, the PC as we know it is gonna be non-existent outside of guys like this's houses in 10 years anyway.

I love how Crytek and console kids always pretend that crysis didn't sell well, even though it sold over 3 million copies... How anyone would consider that a failure is beyond me.

As for AAA titles not worth the investment. BF3 is coming out and has a lot of features that will be tailored to the PC crowd, so clearly there is money to be made, for if things are as bad as you say, that'd mean the businesses were doing it as a charity, which wouldn't be the case.

All you need to do is look at valve to see PC industry doing fine.

News Comments > Crysis 2 Workarounds
33. Re: Crysis 2 Workarounds Mar 24, 2011, 22:33 Draugr

Dades wrote on Mar 24, 2011, 21:24:
The ingame customization is lacking so someone went ahead and made a configuration program that writes out the ini for you. Link here for anyone who wants it.

Thanks.

News Comments > Crysis 2 Workarounds
10. Re: Crysis 2 Workarounds Mar 24, 2011, 18:22 Draugr

baltar wrote on Mar 24, 2011, 18:13:
The thread with console kiddies bitching about EA disabling auto-aim for controllers in PC version is more entertaining than anything Charlie Sheen can come up with.

It is filled with so many gems, it really is worth a read,

"Give me auto aim online (it is in SP) so I can show these kb/mouse fanboyz how to shoot!"

Comedy gold.

News Comments > New WoW Flying Mount for Sale Nears
12. Re: New WoW Flying Mount for Sale Nears Mar 23, 2011, 15:35 Draugr

The Advocate wrote on Mar 23, 2011, 15:14:
Good catch, Draugr. Thanks for the correction.

Japanophiles has such a better ring to it anyway.

News Comments > New WoW Flying Mount for Sale Nears
8. Re: New WoW Flying Mount for Sale Nears Mar 23, 2011, 15:00 Draugr

The Advocate wrote on Mar 23, 2011, 13:01:
AnointedSword wrote on Mar 23, 2011, 00:50:
Also, what have you guys done for Japan?

What has Japan done for me?

Besides giving us fat, sweaty sinophiles at anime conventions and tentacle rape fetishists, I mean. Crimes against Humanity, those.

Sino refers to china, not japan.

News Comments > Op Ed
47. Re: Op Ed Mar 23, 2011, 00:30 Draugr

Verno wrote on Mar 22, 2011, 19:42:
Beamer wrote on Mar 22, 2011, 18:52:

The Xbox could take virtually any PC when it was launched. I don't see why anyone would deny this. It's not a very meaningful bit of information because they're built to last 5 years.

What does "could take" mean? The Xbox 360 at launch could not compete at the same resolutions high end PCs were doing at that time.

Dragur, I believe Nintendo claimed the Wii was profitable from day one. As for it being sustainable or not, Nintendo sustained it for quite a long time so I see the issue being more a question of could anyone else actually replicate that?

It was profitable, and certainly sustainable, my point was one of the reasons it was profitable from the get go was hardware... I don't think others would be willing to make that sacrifice.

News Comments > Op Ed
43. Re: Op Ed Mar 22, 2011, 19:06 Draugr

Beamer wrote on Mar 22, 2011, 18:52:
I'm not saying the next Xbox will be over $400, I'm saying the parts will be.

Also, the whole memory argument isn't a strong one. Consoles are far more efficient with memory, which makes sense as they're only doing one thing.

The Xbox could take virtually any PC when it was launched. I don't see why anyone would deny this. It's not a very meaningful bit of information because they're built to last 5 years.

I would agree that the 360 was healthily competitive, but dominant? That feels like a stretch

You make a good point about price though, I can't think of any consoles manufacturers that weren't taking a hit in the wallet for a couple years after release, so they could get rid of units more easily, which of course in theory pays off in the end.
I guess I wouldn't be surprised to see the Wii being the exception to this though, given how dated the hardware in it was.

News Comments > Op Ed
40. Re: Op Ed Mar 22, 2011, 18:51 Draugr

ASJD wrote on Mar 22, 2011, 18:31:
Creston wrote on Mar 22, 2011, 18:01:
Beamer wrote on Mar 22, 2011, 16:37:
The 360 was at least as, if not more, powerful than PCs at launch. Inevitably they surpassed it, but at launch they could hold their own just fine.

CPU wise, maybe. Memory wise and GPU wise, it was outdated the moment it came out. The GPU was already a generation behind at that point, and the memory has always been pathetic, even from the moment they started talking about it.

That no games really USED any of the available power (either in the PC or the 360), I won't deny, but saying the 360 was more powerful is crazy.

Creston

The 360's GPU was a generation above any PC GPU when it came out, and there wasn't a SINGLE PC GPU on the market that matched its features for a full YEAR.

The memory, I'll give you.

Saying the 360 wasn't more powerful is crazy and proves your ignorance on the subject.

Haha. No.

"it is in many ways related to the R500 desktop PC graphics card series and therefore very similar to an ATI Radeon X1900 PC graphics card as far as features and performance are concerned"

x1900 was out 2 months after the xbox release, Your confusion might be the x1900 got released in jan2006 and the xbox in nov2005 -- once again though we need to take into account that the x1900 wasn't the only contender. Before that there were already competitive cards released. The Xenos is a dx9 platform, any DX9 card would be able to compete in terms of graphical fidelity (Though not necessarily performance, of course, but that wasn't being argued.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenos_(graphics_chip)
Even if we were to use the x1900 as the sole example against the 360, strength-wise it would have only held its dominance for 2 months.

News Comments > Op Ed
37. Re: Op Ed Mar 22, 2011, 18:10 Draugr

I'm looking forward to this guy's new article 5 years from now informing us how the newest wave of consoles will be the death of PC gaming.  

News Comments > Dragon Age II SecuROM Follow-up
17. Re: Dragon Age II SecuROM Follow-up Mar 20, 2011, 17:38 Draugr

ASeven wrote on Mar 20, 2011, 17:22:
No, I just have an issue with fucking retards who don't fight for their own rights and become useful idiots to faceless corporations, enabling them to walk over everyone's consumer rights more and more.

Then again, you guys prove that gamers are indeed the most stupid of consumer groups who will never end up being teenagers despite how old they are. And that will actually affect those of us who do give a damn for our own consumer rights and have been fighting for them in the real world.

Then again, we have a saying here that goes If you feel the need to reply to a detail in an argument then that argument struck you home.

Or maybe they just think you present yourself like a total moron, so your argument is drowned out because of how much you sound like a simpleton that doesn't know how to make coherent arguments beyond, "COCKSUCKERS!"

News Comments > Dragon Age II SecuROM Follow-up
16. Re: Dragon Age II SecuROM Follow-up Mar 20, 2011, 17:36 Draugr

ASeven wrote on Mar 20, 2011, 16:58:
It is amazing how many people here love EA's semen taste.

Hey fuckheads, part of the settlement of the Spore DRM lawsuits, which EA lost, was that any part of SecuROM must be mentioned on the EULA regardless of how small that part is.

If someone files charges against EA they will lose, period. Nerd dick suckers can say all they like about RYG being bad and EA being awesome and how their dick tastes awesome, in the end legal law supplants the wet dreams of some EA fanboys. If this goes to court they will automatically lose since this is a violation of a court order.

Gotta love EA dick suckers and their mindless retarded ability to roll over and give up their rights.

Haha, sounds like you have some issues you need to work out, your obsession with fellatio is... interesting, to say the least.

623 Comments. 32 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo